https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/v9/ED/3VPDVD13U87A.JPEGA well-designed, purpose-built tool. Loving it!Our Customer Success and Support teams use ChurnZero to guide our customers through an onboarding process and help to maintain the ongoing relationship. Previously, we had no visibility into which customers needed our attention, and ChurnZero's analytics give us just the visibility we need.,It's fairly easy for developers to bring the JavaScript code in to a SaaS tool and ChurnZero does a really great job at pulling all of that data in to a single place and allowing to view trends and report on that data. The concept of "Churn Score" is a really neat way to pull a bunch of pieces of data in to a single account record and to understand whether or not an account is healthy. This helps to avoid having to use just certain pieces of data as a proxy for customer health. The amount of flexibility the tool contains is awesome - their team has programmed everything we've asked for in order for us to get a better look at our customers.,Something that's supposed to be coming soon, but ChurnZero currently lacks a calendar integration, which is tough for us since we like to know when our customers have future meetings scheduled. The lack of email/message templates feels like the biggest miss for me. Having standard language - either for an individual or for an entire team - could be a huge time saver.,9,We've only had ChurnZero for a little while, but we're already really enjoying the straight-forward approach in locating and understanding customer data in a way that we didn't have before. We're able to get insights that simply didn't exist. The addition of NPS is awesome. We've never had an option to survey our customers, and starting to see that information roll in is really exciting.,Amity and Natero,Help Scout,1 to 5 peopleA great product for small to medium sized Customer Success TeamsWe currently use ChurnZero for the Customer Success team. However, my marketing team has access and sees a lot of value that could be gained once they start to leveraging it appropriately. We are somewhat early in the life cycle. My team has gained a lot of value in segmenting our accounts, creating alerts and pulling usage data. We plan on developing plays and automated tasks in the future.,Account Segments - we are now able to create extremely specific account segments. This allows us to approach each segment in a unique and tailored approach. Alerts - I now know when my accounts open up a ticket with my support team. I can get ahead of it or follow along if needed. Before I wouldn't have any visibility unless I was specifically made aware Usage stats - we are now able to get a much better view in the usage stats of our various features and functions. We can leverage these stats into our segments so that we are managing the correct accounts with the appropriate messaging.,There is a learning curve but that could be said with most all software. Once it became part of our daily process we started getting the hang of it pretty quick! The initial implementation seemed to take a long time. Of course there are always going to be some road blocks when bringing in a new system that isn't set to communicate with your own systems right out of the box. We are still working through some data issues. However, our rep is very helpful and extremely responsive.,9,The main positive I have seen is getting a holistic view of who our customers are and what they are doing with our application in place. Before, we had this information but it was not easily accessible and hard to interpret.,Gainsight and Totango,Slack, Zendesk, Salesforce.com,1 to 5 peopleAmazing Tool for Managing Customer Data in Real TimeSpark Hire is using ChurnZero in our Account Management department. We are specifically using this to manage a huge amount of data from our customers. This includes basic account info: contacts, plan, term, renewals, upsells, etc.... But we also use this software to manage our customer's usage data of our software platform. Each account has multiple users and unique use cases, so we are able to manage, organize, and segment this data in real time to help us gain more impactful insights on our customers. This allows us to pass along success metrics to new business, be proactive with struggling accounts, identify upsell opportunities, and ensure that our customers stay with us long-term. We also have different plays in place that we use to manage contact with our customers based off of their tenure with us.,Ease of Use - Despite the wide variety of tools, dashboards, views, etc..., the platform is incredibly easy to navigate and the display of data is not only aesthetically pleasing, but very easy to read through Customization - The different segments we are able to create allows standard users like myself to customize different views by the type of customer, feature usage, plan type, etc... It makes it so easy to segment my customers without having to run complex reports and manipulate the data myself. SalesForce Integration - most of our customer data is stored in SalesForce. Thanks to the integration, we didn't have to manually upload this data into ChurnZero. That would have been a nightmare. Alerts - We have standard team alerts and then have the ability to customize alerts with custom triggers. Not only do these alerts appear in the ChurnZero dashboard, but I can also have them emailed to me, and sent a private message thread on Slack's messaging service. Churn Score - Being able to create a custom Churn Score to measure the risk of customers churning has added tremendous value. We are able to have it synced up to the way our customers are using the platform, so we get a real-time and accurate score.,Email limitations - There isn't an ability to attach invoices and cc other users on the account. This would be helpful when sending renewal invoices as we typically send them to the main point of contact and a billing contact Customer contact layout can be more smooth. Any emails, tasks, or calls are clearly laid out in the "Tasks" tab on the customer's account. However we have a lot of emails that are sent through ChurnZero, these emails do not appear in the tasks tab. They appear in a separate tab titled "messages". When a manager or colleague is looking through our contact with a customer trying to help us out, it can be really hard to organize outreach when email messages appear in 2 different tabs.,9,More customer engagement points - Because each account manager manages a few hundred accounts with multiple contacts at each organization (some have as many as 50 contacts per account) it can be impossible to get regular touch points with these contacts and can lead to disengagement. We can automate a lot of this and send these contacts helpful contact with previously set up templates and plays Easier to track KPI's - Because everything is real time, we are easily able to see how much revenue we are managing at a time. What % is safe and % that is at risk of churn. Less churn from customers - Since we are easily able to see and segment struggling customers, it's easier to spend more time with struggling and disengaged customers. Plus we can see which features aren't being leveraged and we can spend more time pushing relevant content to customers/,1 to 5 peopleIncredibly easy to implementAs the manager of the Customer Experience org I look to ChurnZero to help me see a holistic view of the health of my accounts. I slice this information by company size, renewal date, contract value, etc. Our Customer Success Managers use ChurnZero to help them prioritize their proactive account outreach and quickly spot any spikes (up or down) in usage. Our Customer Marketing team uses ChurnZero for communications (both automated and manual). And finally, our onboarding people use ChurnZero to track the "Journey" through onboarding for all of our customers and measure whether we're falling behind anywhere.,The ChurnScore is very valuable and I like that it's easy to configure. We've made a few tweaks to it and it's become quite accurate at predicting potential churn. Onboarding was smooth and easy and quite quick. We were using it within about 3 weeks. Our customer success manager at ChurnZero has been very proactive with us in helping us use the product in deeper ways. I really like the way Segments work - they're like sophisticated filters that help me home in on very specific groups of customers.,The reporting could be more customizable and flexible. The current method of selecting columns to display in a report is a bit clunky and I can't always combine two angles to the data in the way that I want to. I wish I didn't have to log in every time - I think it would be nice for the product to remember me, even if it's just for a 24 hour period.,10,At first I feel like we only used ChurnZero as a reporting tool and we didn't take enough action on the data we were seeing. However, we've gotten stronger at relying on the information (the alerts, the score, the trends in usage) to take pre-emptive actions. It has helped us pay more attention to (and take action on) the "quiet" accounts - those accounts that don't clamor for our attention and we get lulled into thinking everything is okay. Often it's easy in the land of customer success to focus on the red or green accounts and forget about those yellow accounts in the middle - this helps us stay focused on moving those yellow accounts which is essential to our growth.,6 to 10 peopleHow meta!? I'm having a great onboarding experience in the SaaS tool that is supposed to help me improve onboarding in my own SaaS tool.We're the customer success team within a 17+ year old SAAS company — we've never had a dedicated success platform before, and have always used ad-hoc methods of trying to strategize for/retain our customers... We've mis-used our existing sales CRM tools in the past, and that got us only so far. Now that we've got ChurnZero, we're using it to more acutely manage the onboarding of new customers, and we're using the business intelligence, gathered from ChurnZero, to make decisions about how we'll proceed with certain new retention strategies. It's directly addressing an issue we've faced for years: having to build our own reporting and having to try to use that reporting info to help us direct our attention towards customers that are struggling to adopt our platform.,Connecting data between HubSpot (our CRM) and our own SAAS tool's back-end, so that we have vital stats, all in a single place, and can build views that help us cross-section our customer population for more strategic insights. The fact that it can allow us to build "health scoring" for our customer populations based on fairly specific & tailored criteria — that's been one of the most exciting benefits The ability to push data back out to other systems & live-export to Google Sheets has been really handy.,As you create your own "plays" (workflows) and NPS Campaigns, you're likely to take a misstep... but the system won't allow you to clean up some of those errant "Plays" and NPS campaign views... so the ensuing clutter can be a little annoying. This is a bit of a nit-pick, but certain primary data points cannot be used when factoring customer health-scores... Maybe, over time, this won't feel like a big issue, but as a new user — I had some plans to measure things a certain way, and I've found that I can't do it exactly as I'd ensivioned Lack of calendar/scheduling integration is a bit of an annoyance — I've heard that they'll likely have this in the future... but it's something that's so valuable to us that I'm struggling without it.,9,It's pretty soon after we implemented, but I'm already seeing meaningful impact on my ability to quickly judge how to spend my time on/with certain customers. Knowing, in the moment, when it will be the right time to re-engage with a customer... that's going to be a game changer for us. Being able to draw some metrics around our customer success team is going to make it easier to build a case for team expansion,Natero and Amity,HubSpot, Bugzilla, Mailchimp,1 to 5 people
ChurnZero

ChurnZero Reviews

ChurnZero
Showing 24 of 30 ChurnZero ratings and reviews.

Trevor Machinia profile photo
February 20, 2019

ChurnZero Review: "A well-designed, purpose-built tool. Loving it!"

Read Trevor Machinia's full review
Hardin Lovett profile photo
February 20, 2019

ChurnZero Review: "A great product for small to medium sized Customer Success Teams"

Read Hardin Lovett's full review
Austen Duzey profile photo
November 30, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Amazing Tool for Managing Customer Data in Real Time"

Read Austen Duzey's full review
Heather Foeh profile photo
October 29, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Incredibly easy to implement"

Read Heather Foeh's full review
Alex Dingley profile photo
February 15, 2019

ChurnZero Review: "How meta!? I'm having a great onboarding experience in the SaaS tool that is supposed to help me improve onboarding in my own SaaS tool."

Read Alex Dingley's full review
Louise Cunningham profile photo
February 11, 2019

ChurnZero Review: "Excellent Tool and Brilliant Service"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Used by our Success team, Churn Zero allows us to identify growth and churn risks with the use of real-time data. It allows us to understand how individual users are engaging with the product and gain insights into the whole user base, not just the contacts we have the best relationships with. We were working blind before, talking to those who were shouting loudest and not always knowing about those who were quietly struggling.
Read Louise Cunningham's full review
Lisa Hern profile photo
January 26, 2019

Review: "ChurnZero Helps You Manage Your Churn Proactively!"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

ChurnZero is being utilized by our entire Customer Success organization. We use ChurnZero as a dashboard that pulls in data from our own software platform, as well as disparate systems to give us a single point of management for our books of business. Having the data come from these other systems is integral to our management of churn. Data lives in different systems, being able to centralize this in a way that is meaningful for our business is imperative in our efforts to win renewals and address potential issues before they turn into churn risk.
Read Lisa Hern's full review
Jordan Kruger profile photo
January 08, 2019

User Review: "Love ChurnZero!"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We currently use ChurnZero for our Account Management and Customer Success teams. It helps us better understand how our customers are using the platform, who is using it frequently, who is bound to cancel, and who is adding users. It also enables us to set up "plays" which are a cadence of how to follow up with clients better.
Read Jordan Kruger's full review
Andrew Shanks profile photo
December 28, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Helping to organize a quickly growing company"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We're using ChurnZero to track our customers journey from On-boarding to Advocacy.
Currently this is only being used by our Customer Success team but it fills the void of not being able to track a customer along their lifespan, including any/all activities within our platform that they are doing, last time they logged in, how many surveys have been sent, and a slew of other metrics.

We use a lot of "Journeys" that help us keep track of our clients and gives us action items depending on what is going on with that particular user. That's quite helpful.
Read Andrew Shanks's full review
Jewell Kieley profile photo
November 24, 2018

Review: "ChurnZero allows you to be proactive with customers instead of being reactive"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

ChurnZero (CZ) is being used by the customer success team to manage where our customers are at in onboarding, adoption and advocacy of their success journey. We have a variety of journeys built out to be able to best track out customers. CZ allows us to not only know where people are at but to also be proactive about reaching out when we see drops in usage or other indicators to predict churn. This allows us to be more proactive with our customers. When we got ChurnZero, I felt like a light had just turned on where as before I was trying to find my way around in a dark room. Allows much more insight into our customers.
Read Jewell Kieley's full review
Lauren Mitchell profile photo
November 18, 2018

Review: "ChurnZero is a great tool with great insights"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use ChurnZero on our customer experience team to help us nurture our customers, automate communications, and track health and churn scores. It has been immensely helpful to our processes and has made communicating with our customers so much easier. It also gives a great holistic view of the health of our accounts.
Read Lauren Mitchell's full review
Pete Pietro profile photo
November 12, 2018

User Review: "ChurnZero - Worth The Investment"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

When we initially implemented ChurnZero, the intent was to use it as a tool to help only our customer support department identify the factors leading to customer churn. Soon after implementation, however, we realized the immense value we gained by being able to monitor and react, in real-time, to the activities our customers were or were not performing within our system, which led to every department within our company utilizing its benefits.

The primary solution ChurnZero provides is the reduction of customer churn and improved client loyalty. Its ease of use allows for both manual and automatic responses to individual clients or client segments based on KPIs that you set. Their integration between our user cloud-based system and our CRM NetSuite went flawlessly and enabled us to open up an entire new set of eyes directly into the minds of our clients. Instead of best guesses, we now are aware exactly what our customers do, from the time they subscribe to our services and throughout their customer journey. The end result for us: a customer churn reduction of 30%, meaning we recouped our initial investment 20X over in the 1st year.

Read Pete Pietro's full review
Lauren Grant profile photo
November 07, 2018

Review: "ChurnZero - changed the game for our CS team!"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

ChurnZero is currently being utilized by our Client Services department. We're leveraging this software to more efficiently digest and predict client health. Previously (before CZ) we were handling all client data manually and the ability to holistically understand the full scope of our book of business was very difficult and not accurate.
Read Lauren Grant's full review
Pamela Castillo profile photo
November 07, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Great business tool to consider"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

ChurnZero is currently being used by the Client Services team at ConsumerAffairs. We utilize this platform to help us address any customer health issues that we might have not noticed if it wasn't because of the platform and come up with action plans to help overcome these issues.
Read Pamela Castillo's full review
Jill Roberts profile photo
November 01, 2018

Review: "ChurnZero gives you great insight into your client's health & performance."

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

ChurnZero allows myself and my team to see all our client data in one place. We are able to see things they are doing well, things they could improve, and provide assistance so we have a successful partnership. ChurnZero allows us to customize information and prioritize whats more most important when discussing our clients accounts.
Read Jill Roberts's full review
Kate Masucci profile photo
February 14, 2019

User Review: "Love ChurnZero!"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

ChurnZero is used by my Team of Advisors to manage our client book. This allows us to stay on top of our customers, and ensure we are being great Customer Success Managers (CSMs). ChurnZero allows me to prioritize my time, so I know which clients need attention/my outreach. ChurnZero saves me valuable time, and help prevents turnover on my client book. The product allows me to send important updates to my clients.
Read Kate Masucci's full review
Rex Muhlestein profile photo
October 02, 2018

User Review: "ChurnZero - Top CRM Software"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Today, companies are looking for a CRM that is meeting all of their needs, not just part of them and then needing to supplement the software with maybe a detailed spreadsheet or [something] that is not very user-friendly, even if it technically does the job. When I was hired at Briostack, they were using Salesforce. Which has many great things about it. In my experience, it was better than AS/400 for example. Sales and Client Services are the main departments using the CRM. At least with me personally, I found it difficult to track project completion and had a spreadsheet to supplement what I personally was not getting out of Salesforce. I know that there were other areas that motivated the company to look for an alternative, and at the time decisions were being made to go with ChurnZero (CZ), I was very skeptical it would be better than Salesforce combined with my spreadsheet. I was surprised that instead, CZ significantly exceeded my expectations. Not only just with easier project tracking and what my spreadsheet provided to supplement but so much more was introduced that proved to be a more comprehensive solution!
Read Rex Muhlestein's full review
Sharon Peer profile photo
September 27, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Productive churn insights early in the journey"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We just recently started using ChurnZero (about 2 months ago) and while we still need more time with the product, we are already getting some good insights. ChurnZero has allowed us to better focus on customer behavior and features adoption as well as helping us to better aim our messaging and campaigns to prevent churn. ChurnZero support during the implementation phase, and after, has been superb. The answers provided were very professional (not canned responses). While it’s still early in the process, we are already utilizing many aspects of the product like churn score and risks, segmentation and automated alerts and playbooks.
Read Sharon Peer's full review
Shona Nicolle profile photo
November 30, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Fight Churn!"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We currently use ChurnZero only with the Customer Success team. We get information fed from our back end system which we then use to relay back to other departments in our company. We are trying to tackle the never ending problem of being reactive instead of proactive. We want to make sure we know about things before they happen and become predictive of certain patterns, and ChurnZero is helping us do this.
Read Shona Nicolle's full review
Ray Palani profile photo
November 19, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Easy and effective!"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Every single account manager at my company uses ChurnZero. We write in daily tasks that we discussed in our clients' accounts. Mostly listing what we discussed in our monthly calls and any tips for the next time.

Having ChurnZero helps us know if a client may or may not churn. This has helped the company tremendously considering we can save our clients before they do churn thanks to the chart in ChurnZero.
Read Ray Palani's full review
November 18, 2018

ChurnZero Review: "Maker Your Job Easier"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our account management team relies on ChurnZero in order to keep track of our overall client health. As strategists with multiple clients, it can be difficult to maintain visibility over every client and our interactions with those clients. ChurnZero helps us see the big picture.
February 27, 2018

User Review: "ChurnZero--amazing tool"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It is used to manage client software interaction and account usage levels and activity. I manage a book of over 100 accounts, so often it is hard to have a pulse on my individual account needs. Enter Churnzero which allows greater insight into clients account usage and needs.
It is used in the account management department of our software sales company.

Role-based user permissions (22)
API (20)
Integration with Salesforce.com (15)
Product usage (23)
Help desk / support tickets (20)
NPS surveys (18)
Sponsor tracking (9)
Customer profiles (23)
Automated workflow (23)
Internal collaboration (19)
Customer health scoring (24)
Customer segmentation (24)
Customer health trends (24)
Engagement analytics (24)
Dashboards (24)

About ChurnZero

ChurnZero's real-time SaaS platform aims to help subscription businesses prevent customer churn. The platform integrates tightly with an organization's CRM system and their application or service. In doing so, ChurnZero (1) allows the business to understand how their customers use their product, (2) assesses customer health and likelihood to renew, and (3) gives the business the means to automate and personalize the customer experience through timely and relevant touchpoints, including in-app content. The vendor says ChurnZero customers see ROI in terms of more productive and better informed customer success managers who can provide their customers with better just-in-time service from the automated playbooks.

ChurnZero Features

Customer Data Extraction / Integration Features
Has featureProduct usage
Has featureHelp desk / support tickets
Has featureOnline customer community
Has featureCustomer segmentation
CSM Reporting & Analytics Features
Has featureCustomer health trends
Has featureEngagement analytics
Does not have featureRevenue forecasting
Has featureDashboards
Does not have featureCustomer lifetime value
Does not have featureChurn rate
Security Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions
Platform & Infrastructure Features
Has featureAPI
Has featureIntegration with Salesforce.com
Does not have featureIntegration with Marketo
Does not have featureIntegration with Eloqua
Has featureIn-app communication