Cisco Headset 700 Series Reviews

August 26, 2020
Daniel Hosking | TrustRadius Reviewer
I mainly used the headset primarily for calls and video conferences for work. Although primarily used for work they also provide the benefit of high-quality audio and active noise canceling so I also used them to listen to music and podcasts both at work and also in transit. It great to have one headset that suits most use cases.
  • Great looking headset
  • High quality audio
  • Noise canceling works extremely well
  • Expensive in a competitive market
The headset definitely excels in the environment that it was designed for - work for calls and video conferencing. Although not quite as good as premium music headsets, they are more than adequate to listen to music and podcasts as well. The high quality audio and active noise canceling make them a suitable multi-purpose headset.
The documentation and app were extremely easy to use and clear, everything was logical.
Read Daniel Hosking's full review
December 16, 2020
When the pandemic started all our colleagues were mandated to work from home. Our department use Cisco Webex products so so we decided to purchase Cisco 700 series headset to have better compatibility with Webex Teams clients. The product is amazing and helps me during my work all the day since I have a lot of video meetings.
  • Amazing sound quality.
  • Premium materials and high quality.
  • Soft cushion.
  • The pressure on ears is a bit high, after some time ears start [to hurt].
  • Mute button is not conveniently located, sometimes it is difficult to find it.
  • Strange beep sound comes sometimes, don't know from where.
Office remote workers who need to have daily video conferencing with colleagues.
Regular users to watch movies and listen to music.

Not fit for wearing outside, the headset is quite big.
December 13, 2020
Several of our employees use the Cisco 730 headset. While it's not company or even department-wide, the Cisco 730 is used by a couple of my close colleagues. The headset is wireless and noise-canceling, and allows us to carry out our numerous daily virtual meetings, fairly comfortably and fairly reliably.
  • When good, the sound quality is excellent
  • Microphone quality is also good when not garbled and making me sound like a robot
  • I often hear from colleagues that my voice goes funny, mid-conversation
  • I have a big head, and it gets uncomfortable if I have to wear it for long durations
  • Using the headset with Webex Teams can be hit or miss
  • The sound change from audio conversation to music is really unreliable and Spotify and other music services often sound awful.
[Cisco Headset 700 Series] is good for using during my work from home days. I would never be inclined to use it in my free-time. I use AirPods or the Sony 1000XMs
June 04, 2020
Joshua Baever | TrustRadius Reviewer
It was being used in a bake off between a number of vendors including plantronics and Jabra and overall this headset was nice, had great quality of construction and voice but overall it could not stand up to the other vendors. I hope that Cisco will look at some of the flaws of this headset and fix them in the next iteration. It was only used by my team and a few others during the trial period.
  • Great battery life.
  • Great background noise cancelling on the microphone.
  • Good audio quality through the headphones (Listening to music and hearing voices).
  • Too uncomfortable. After wearing for only a few minutes I would feel soreness in my ears. Specifically, the ear cushions need to be a lot softer.
  • Too expensive, the headset shared similar features with other manufacturers headset but the price was almost double for this one. Could not justify the ROI.
  • I personally like having a charging dock to keep them on but these do not come with that. I understand that is a preference but it ended up being a con for me.
If someone has meeting that last less than an hour and don't do back to back and want a fancy looking headset this this model is for you. Overall its great but its too heavy and not comfortable to wear for more than a short time. But it does work very well and battery life is great. Some places that it just wont work well is if you have back to back meetings all day and will be wearing this for extended periods of time. I cannot stress how uncomfortable this headset is.
Too expensive and too heavy and too uncomfortable. It just didn't deliver the experience that we thought we would get based on the price. I can get the same features, for cheaper, with a more comfortable headset from another vendor. So overall this one just never got put on the final list.
Read Joshua Baever's full review

Cisco Headset 700 Series Scorecard Summary

What is Cisco Headset 700 Series?

Cisco 700 Series Headsets includes Clear Voice technology and features built to enable productivity in any environment. The vendor states its deep integrations with Cisco collaboration applications and devices allow for intuitive user experiences and intelligent headset management with advanced analytics.