Duo is great for TFA

Duo is being used across the whole organization which encompasses four different business divisions for a total of between 350-375 …

Duo - Easy User Adoption

Duo Security is used for two factor authentication for outside connectivity to internal resources across our entire organization, …

The Best in Authentication

It is a tool used by everyone in the company and helps us protect ourselves with double authentication by having it integrated with our …

Dual security with Duo

We have been using Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, since 2016, even before it was purchased by Cisco. We were using it as a two-factor …

Duo is great for Security

Duo is being used across our org for remote users as well as for proof of access to our more secure applications. Duo is very easy to use …

Duo + iOS + Apple Watch = Modern 2FA

Duo is being utilized across the entire organization and was implemented about 3 years ago. It secures our network and protects user …

MFA

Access

Beyond

Per User Per Month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://duo.com/pricing?utm_source=trus…

What is Cisco Secure Access by Duo?

Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, now part of Cisco, is presented as a solution to protect applications by using a second source of validation, like a phone or token, to verify user identity before granting access. Cisco Secure Access is engineered to provide a simple, streamlined login experience for every user and application, and as a cloud-based solution, it integrates with existing technology.

Cisco Secure Access by Duo Competitors

Cisco Secure Access by Duo Technical Details

Alternatives

What is Cisco Secure Access by Duo?

Cisco Secure Access, by Duo is a two-factor authentication system (2FA), acquired by Cisco in October 2018. It provides single sign-on (SSO) and endpoint visibility, as well as access controls and policy controlled adaptive authentication.

What is Cisco Secure Access by Duo's best feature?

Reviewers rate Usability and Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.

Who uses Cisco Secure Access by Duo?

The most common users of Cisco Secure Access by Duo are from Mid-size Companies and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Md Tuhin Sarker | TrustRadius Reviewer
In comparison to OneLogin and LastPass, Duo Security offers us a higher level of protection. We were trying to use Google Authenticator but were having trouble with the code and Google time sync. With Duo Security, I never had to deal with issues or downtime. As a result, the company is comfortable and secure.
The duo is highly configurable with multiple ways to authenticate. You can access a 6 digit refreshed code, we use the push feature that is life when your device requests a handshake Duo prompts the user automatically and very quickly, replying then completes the handshake. Duo also supports creating rules and user groups.
Shubham Singh | TrustRadius Reviewer
Duo Security provides our organization more security than OneLogin and LastPass. We used OneLogin and LastPass in our organization earlier, but we were having so many problems with them as they were not able to provide the features we were looking for. Now with Duo Security, we feel secure and safe.
Rajesh Singh | TrustRadius Reviewer
We were using Google Authenticator but I faced lots of issues with code and Google time sync so I replaced it with Cisco Secure Access. It gives us all the features and I never faced any issues and downtime.
Our school is based in Microsoft 365. Azure has a product built into their licensing (provided you have purchased the appropriate level or the add-on product.) The MFA in Azure is a work in process and doesn't offer broad integration options as Duo does. We didn't look into any other commercial products.
Randy Palmer | TrustRadius Reviewer
I think that Duo is better than SecureAuth because the interface is better. I like the usability better and I like the design and functionality better. I wasn't involved in the selection process and initially didn't want to make the switch because I had heard some complaints about Duo but now that I have used it for a couple of years I would definitely say it is better than what I was using.
Ryan Lee | TrustRadius Reviewer
We looked at user Azure AD MFA but ultimately went with DUO because of their level of experience and the installation services. After using both, I don't really have an issue with either one and would be happy with either product to support and to trust in the security.
Thomas Young | TrustRadius Reviewer
In comparing Duo Security to competing alternatives, I think the two advantages that Duo Security has are that, first, it has an incredibly easy user interface - much easier to use than the other software tools, and second, that Duo Security's backend team does a great job making sure things are running well when called upon. Overall, Duo stacks up well.
Jared Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer
We did not evaluate any other tools, the partner program they were offering was nearly completely unique at the time in our space. While others have began to cater to Managed Service Providers in recent years, Duo was among the first.
While other platforms have developed around specific methodologies and specializations, I believe Duo stands as the best all-around option today in maturity and unification of product vision.
Dave King | TrustRadius Reviewer
As I recall, we looked at Ping Identity. We did not go far into the evaluation of this product as our partner highly recommended Cisco Duo. From the initial demo of Cisco Duo and understanding all the features and pricing, it had all the features we needed to meet our company's and clients' expectations.
Debbie Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • RSA
We used RSA years ago. We didn't find anything specially wrong. We were looking for something very secure, with a great user adoption rating, good customer services, decent price point, and usable with iPhones instead of key fobs for most users. We asked three vendors we work closely with for recommendations and they all suggested Duo. We also found from an ILTA (International Legal Technology Association) survey that Duo was the predominantly used two factor authentication vendor, we called for a demo. We did a free trial, called some client referrals and didn't bother to compare services. We have been happy with our selection.
Okta had some different methods and features which stacked up closely with Cisco Duo but we went with Cisco Duo for the assurance that the system would perfectly integrate with our other cisco products and the ability to acquire support from one vendor instead of having to bring in two vendors for any potential issue that could come across in the future.
Arturo López Páramo | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Cisco Secure Network Analytics (StealthWatch), Cisco Umbrella, Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Endpoints and Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
All are used by the company and are complemented by fewer vulnerabilities in the network, users, and devices.
YagneshKumar Patel | TrustRadius Reviewer
Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, is way better than the one I mentioned aboveI I also used Authenticator but with that software, it always requires me to enter the six-digit passcode all the time, there isn't support for the Apple Watch, and I need my phone handy to access the session. Duo / Cisco Secure Access, by Duo, is fast and easy to use, whereas Google Authenticator is a little slow to load the app, and then you have to enter the six-digit passcode.
Stacey Medina | TrustRadius Reviewer
Authy is a 2FA like Duo but I was not impressed with the web interface and their 2FA app. It did not stack up to the options that Duo offered as a software. Azure AD works differently your company has to be fully associated with Azure in order for it to work on windows, it works with Office 365 with no issues.
We use Duo security in partnership with Okta, so this way all of our apps, products, and software that we use have to be accessed by both Okta and Duo. This allows for great security when using both so we can protect personal and private health information that we might be using.
Each vendor we spoke with had different strengths and weaknesses, some very subtle, and for our use cases, they'd probably all have worked; however, we primarily needed a MFA solution for RADIUS and web that was inexpensive, simple to set up, easy to manage, and backed by a large company.
Duo is easier to use since it is an app and only needs your phone for authentication. The other products I have used in the past require a separate device. Everyone carries their phone with them so there is no need to remember to carry around another device.
In my previous positions, I have used both Google Authenticator as well as Okta MFA for our dual security measures. I believe Google is very basic in its functionality and it had pretty limited functionalities to navigate complicated user access levels. Okta had multiple access levels, but it was pretty pricey for a medium-sized organization. So Duo has been a great alternative option for our organization.
Duo Security has the ability to push a notification to your device where a simple Google Authenticator requires a rotating series of numbers. Duo also has the ability to use a yubikey to use biometrics as another form of authentication. The ability to use Duo to protect Windows login is a large benefit as well.
Yubico also works with Duo, however, the setup and use of Yubikey's tend to be for advanced users. The lay audience will never be able to successfully deploy the use of these keys. Duo mobile apps simplify life with the bypass code creation or via push notifications. Google Authenticator is sufficient, however, Google is known to have Orwellian amounts of information about me already versus Cisco is known for "security".
As previously mentioned, I have used email/text verifications but that requires typing or copying/pasting. Duo is much simpler. Since I wasn’t involved in the purchasing process, I don’t know what other products were considered, but I’m glad my company went with Duo.
We had an existing relationship with Cisco and we had become familiar with Duo previously because of that relationship. We didn't spend a lot of time evaluating other solutions because Duo seemed simple to use and met our requirements. I have seen the various devices other people use to implement MFA and they all seem cumbersome to me after having using Duo.