ClickTale Reviews

Nuno Luz | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 27, 2018

Using ClickTale to drive customer insight

• Analytics integration
  • Heatmaps
  • Session recording
  • PII masking
  • GDPR compliance
  • Good performance
  • Customer Journey analytics
  • Good integration with Maxymiser
  • Looking at isolated recordings without creating a segment, we still have to use the old interface
  • User interface has been massively improved but there are a few nags here and there that still need to be addressed
  • Mobile and desktop should be shown side by side and not separately
Read Nuno Luz's full review
Dan Briscoe | TrustRadius Reviewer

Powerful Insights with ClickTale

Pros and Cons

• Heat Maps - we used and liked CrazyEgg in the past, and it was a cheaper tool that was easy to use. ClickTale gives us additional capabilities with better data about scroll reach, mouse movements, clicks and a summary report that shows what parts of our pages are getting attention. A product manager asked us yesterday for insights on how his product page was performing, and we were easily able to send him the reports in the heat map section.
  • Visitor recordings - We get good data on our website using analytics tools like GA, HubSpot and ClickTale, but it is very helpful to watch actual visitor recordings for certain visitor segments. If we add a new page or new feature to our website and notice a trend, we can easily drill down and watch visitors and see how they are interacting with the page.
  • Conversion funnels - We do a lot of our analysis in Google Analytics and you can set up conversion funnels in GA if you know how to do it. The problem is you can't segment the data and the aggregated data is not as helpful. ClickTale makes it very simple to do conversion funnels, and you can segment them with just a few clicks.
  • Education - there is a ton of data available in ClickTale, but unless you know what you are doing, it provides little insight to the business. You can't simply send executives heat maps, conversion funnels, or visitor recordings and expect them to know what to do with the data. I recommend they make a serious investment in education for end-users so that companies can get the full value out of the data the tool can provide.
  • Set up - The set up can be easy for ClickTale, but ours was more difficult because of our CMS, use of HubSpot forms and CTAs, and our extensive use of GA. Getting all of that to work together is not always straightforward, and we had a difficult time getting it all set up. I recommend ClickTale make some investment in better tools to help customers get set up. They may have done that over the past 10 months since our initial setup.
Read Dan Briscoe's full review
Chris Zagala | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 17, 2014

An expert at what it does, but limited to that.

Pros and Cons

• Data available - with an extensive range of data at the tips of our fingers we are able to connect the dots with how sales have either improved or dipped.
  • Data presentation - it is one thing to have the data available, but it is a whole other thing to present it in an understandable way. The information is delivered clearly and logically.
  • Flexibility - the different plans that ClickTale offers fit our needs perfectly. We were timid at first to invest into a new product, so we took our time and started with a smaller account. Once ClickTale had proved its worth, it was only rational to continue our use.
  • From the last time I had used ClickTale, there was no function for Real-Time overview. This would work extremely well when running an email campaign. You would be able to determine ROI depending on the amount of hits.
  • Specific visitor flow - it would be great to track exactly where a certain visitor clicked and the path in which they followed.
Read Chris Zagala's full review
Leor Maizel | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 17, 2013

A great heatmapping and low-budget user testing tool.

Pros and Cons

• In my experience ClickTale's unique value proposition is its heatmapping platform--and it delivers on that UVP very well. It has a suite of available maps each delivering unique and easily digestible insights.
  • ClickTale provides very enlightening data that I haven't found anywhere else such as hover time, hover order, and hesitation.
  • ClickTale also provides useful customizable segments, which allow for more granular data analysis.
  • ClickTale is extremely easy to install.
  • It's a bit difficult to navigate form heatmaps of one page on my sites to those of another.
  • It would be useful to have data on what percentage of clicks for each link are bounces. If this is available already, it is not very easy to find.
  • I have slight doubts about the accuracy of ClickTale's data based on some industry related articles I've read (i.e. http://redant.com.au/tool-reviews/clicktale-review-technology/). For the most part I feel like the data I'm getting is accurate, because it roughly corresponds to what I'm able to see on Google Analytics. It would be nice to see ClickTale address some of these issues.
Read Leor Maizel's full review
Art Zippel, CUA | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 14, 2013

Clicktale is a tool that has furthered my career, plain and simple.

Pros and Cons

• Video recordings of users during their entire session to a website. To actually see the cursor, where it goes, does it scroll to the bottom of the page and then back up and then back down where a user finds what they were looking for that they missed the first time. This is invaluable.
  • Vertical page scroll let's me know how far down a page content is being seen. This coupled with the page recordings gives me the ability to know if the scroll was at a pace that could support comprehension or if they were just flying to the bottom of the page.
  • Mouse hover heat map gives me an indication of where users are looking. I've caught users thinking non-clickable items were clickable.
  • Being able to select a page and watch as many users as I want interact with it. I can get a sense of common user patterns in depth for a single page or a flow of several pages.
  • Page duration versus cursor engagement duration. This was a huge surprise in user behavior for me to learn about that is never duplicated in moderated user testing. If a user opens a link in a new window or tab there is no guarantee that the amount of time the window or tab was open that the user was actively engaged with it's content.
  • I always felt not providing me with the ability to grant others in my company with rights restricted access was a huge downside. This forced me into being the sole point of contact for anything that had to do with Clicktale.
  • Hugely lacking in the ability for me to build reports using the quantitative data. It was very labor intensive for me to gather and analyze data from Clicktale.
  • I missed out in a lot of functionality not having an enterprise level subscription. I had the gold subscription. Many of the things I wanted to capture were not possible without involving their developers - and that was only possible at the enterprise subscription level.
Read Art Zippel, CUA's full review
Vishal Maru | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 10, 2013

Great Actionable Qualitative Insights

Pros and Cons

• The qualitative aspects of user experience are very well captured by ClickTale. We can get solid actionable insights through the various dashboards which track mouse movements, clicks, scrolls, etc.
  • The visual conversion funnels give a very good high level view of landing page performance and how they work together.
  • The video recordings are especially helpful. The user behavior captured is especially helpful in making decisions about user interface - form fields, call to actions, etc.
  • ClickTale provides sample data. At some instances we saw some discrepancies with conversion metrics provide by ClickTale. You can use the data for directional insights. However, I wouldn't use this data for measuring conversions.
Read Vishal Maru's full review
Ryan Freeman | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 20, 2013

ClickTale, Not for Everyone

Pros and Cons

• Heat Maps (clicks on the webpage).
  • % of web pages Viewed (seen by the person browsing).
  • Watching one recording after another is time consuming and not a large enough sample size for definitive results.
  • Time and resources to use the tool is not worth the investment. Spend your money, time and resources on testing (A/B, multivariate).
  • Tracking tags can slow down your site.
Read Ryan Freeman's full review
Libardo Lambrano | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 08, 2013

Clicktale is a great tool to analyze user bahavior

Pros and Cons

• We love the feature of recording user sessions, there are few things that analytics never tells you, with clicktale we were able to see ho users interact with our site and we found several issues when analyzing these videos
  • Clicktale does a fantastic job analyzing forms, we can see visually where users were dropping off, and we were able to fix several forms in our site as a consequence
  • Heat maps is another great feature of clicktalke, it helped us identify where users were focusing their attention. These heat maps were very easy to understand
  • We detected some issues when clicktale was analyzing forms. The major issue is that when the form has a drop down menu, if the user open the menu and then navigate with the keyword arrows up and down, clicktale records this as a new interaction every time. I used clicktale more than a year ago, so this issue may have been fix already. At the time that was the case.
Read Libardo Lambrano's full review
May 14, 2014

Clicktale - a necessary business resource

Pros and Cons

• Mouse Mapping - tells us where users commonly click and which process they go through to make a purchase.
  • Scroll Mapping - helps us to see how long we can push content, determine if the content is engaging etc.
  • Recorded Session - being able to watch a customer mouse around the site has given us invaluable insight into how our customers think and act.
  • For most sites I'm sure the integration is quick and easy, however with our site we had some complications with rendering the correct page in the recording and mapping. A technical customer support team to help resolve these issues would have been appreciated.
April 29, 2014

The ClickTale Tale

Pros and Cons

• Account management is superb.
  • Cost is competitive.
  • The interface is very intuitive and easy to learn.
  • It's tough having the account team overseas. They are standing up an American office in summer 2014, but scheduling remains an issue.

A Good Product

• In-Page web analytics
  • Heat map reporting for landing page testing
  • Comprehensive page reports
  • It's been a while since I used it, so I have no suggestions here.
December 15, 2013

A very cool tracking product.

• Easy implementation
  • Discover UI bugs that you never knew existed
  • Find the particular reason in your conversion flow that is causing leakage
  • We ran into some issues with Clicktale not being able to record some pages but eventually got it working

About ClickTale

ClickTale provides a full video playback option for each individual visitor's session (including mouse movement, clicks and keystrokes). In addition, it uses meta statistics to create visual heatmaps and behavioural reports, as well as conversion analytics and traditional web statistics.

ClickTale Competitors