ConnectWise Control Reviews

Richard Hogan | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 24, 2020

ConnectWise Control is a great tool for remote support

Alternatives Considered

We used a few other products before we found ConnectWise Control. While the other products worked well for us, the vendors kept raising the prices to the point that they became unaffordable for a small company like mine.
Read Richard Hogan's full review
Daren Anderson, MSIS | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 16, 2020

ScreenConnect is number one

Alternatives Considered

We had used LogMeIn for many years until they raised their prices dramatically; so that is when we started looking for an alternative, which I am glad we did. After using ScreenConnect, there is no comparison as it is so much better and faster.
Read Daren Anderson, MSIS's full review
Josh Ryan | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2020

ConnectWise Control Review

Alternatives Considered

I selected ConnectWise over these others for the ease of use to users first, and then for the ease of use and feature sets for myself. With every other solution I have listed, I ran into connection issues with the user not being able to initiate support, UAC issues, and a much higher general frustration level.
Read Josh Ryan's full review
Marc Bressman | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 30, 2019

Extremely Unhappy with ConnectWise Control / ScreenConnect - Not Recommended!

Alternatives Considered

I think that all of the other products are actually better nowadays and regret having chosen to go with ScreenConnect / ConnectWise Control at this point. Maybe years ago the other products were lagging and ConnectWise Control / ScreenConnect was ahead of its time, but ever since being acquired by ConnectWise this has not been the case and now ConnectWise Control is extremely problematic (as is their support and the company in general), and I am in the process of planning to switch away from them.
Read Marc Bressman's full review
Andrew Haskell | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 20, 2019

An MSP's viewpoint on ConnectWise Control: "A foundational pillar of our business model"

Alternatives Considered

I used TeamViewer for the longest time as a young IT professional, and had a fair dabbling with LogMeIn and MSP-Anywhere. Each of those solutions has polish in some aspects, but none of them ever had the complete picture. TeamViewer suffered rampant security issues, and has always felt like a tool geared towards personal users and non-tech departments. It was always too in your face for end users. LogMeIn is expensive. No getting around it. And their product has always seemed slow and often very feature-light. For the cost I'd expect to be getting a Ferrari, but when a Civic pulls into the driveway its a little lackluster. MSP-Anywhere always seemed to suffer technical issues. Especially with multi-monitor computers, changing which monitor was displayed could result in total session lock up, which AFAIK still isn't resolved to this day.
Read Andrew Haskell's full review
Jonathan Hanson | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 11, 2019

ConnectWise Control - Let's Me Really Connect With My Clients!

Alternatives Considered

I have worked with Citrix, AnyDesk, LogMeIn, VNC Connect, and many others.

I ultimately installed ConnectWise as a self-hosted solution, based on the incredible list of features and capabilities, and the pricing at the time. I continue to use the product as it is still one of the best solutions out there and is certainly capable of growing and expanding to meet the needs of my business.
Read Jonathan Hanson's full review
Filmore Thomas III | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 12, 2019

OneGeek's Connectwise

Alternatives Considered

I selected Connectwise Control over LogMeIn Pro because it was cheaper and their free version always seemed to nag you about connecting just when you RDP to a friends computer. I also like the ability to give them my customized website where they can connect with me and work with my software.
Read Filmore Thomas III's full review
Kevin Ritchey | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 10, 2019

Connect Wisely with ConnectWise Control

Alternatives Considered

ConnectWise Control's features are better than LogMeIn, and the price is competitive and doesn't go up 100% every other year. It's simpler to use than TeamViewer and is more affordable when supporting laptops you may connect to once a month. The cross-platform abilities are better than either LogMeIn or TeamViewer, and the necessity of spending hours training technicians (as compared to TeamViewer) saves us time and money.
Read Kevin Ritchey's full review
Todd Singleton | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 07, 2019

We still call it ScreenConnect.

Alternatives Considered

Join.me: It's our backup when ScreenConnect is unavailable. It's limited, slow, and cumbersome to instruct end users through making connections, versus direct workstation access through our in-house, dedicated Connectwise Control server.
Skype: Doesn't allow remote control.
LogMeIn Rescue: Pretty comparable, more expensive subscription as there is no dedicated, on-prem server offering.
Read Todd Singleton's full review
Luke Ephraums | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 27, 2019

ConnectWise Control: great value and functionality for the smaller IT provider

Alternatives Considered

We replaced LogMeIn Central with ConnectWise Control when the LogMeIn price became untenable. We found that ConnectWise Control did everything we needed and more at a very reasonable price point.
Read Luke Ephraums's full review
Sebastien Lachat | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 27, 2019

A simple way to a complicated job

Alternatives Considered

Dameware: I don't remember the exact version but I had 2 of their engineers trying to install or setting the demo up on my computers over 2 sessions and they never were able to make it work. I was able to access the location's computers but never remote offices. All other software were crazy out of price range, I forgot the names of all of them, not to be remembered anyway.
Read Sebastien Lachat's full review
Joe Hurst | TrustRadius Reviewer

ConnectWise Control review

Alternatives Considered

We tried Join.Me, Teamviewer, & Zoho connect as well as Connectwise Control when deciding on a remote support tool. The department director had previous experience with this product & recommended it to the staff. Some of the other options (that we didn't go with) were too expensive & others lacked certain features that we wanted.
Read Joe Hurst's full review

Screen sharing (571)
9.2
File transfer (544)
Instant message (480)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (72)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (296)
Over-the-Internet remote session (577)
Initiate remote control from mobile (369)
Remote management of servers & workstations (494)
Remote Active Directory® management (162)
Centralized management dashboard (459)
Session record (297)
Annotations (251)
Monitoring and Alerts (177)
Multi-platform remote control (382)

About ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise Control, formerly ScreenConnect, is a remote support, access and meeting solution. With this solution, you can use remote support and access to repair computers, provide updates, and manage machines. Users can also conduct online seminars and presentations using remote meetings. The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution is fast, reliable and includes the same features as competing remote control solutions.

ConnectWise Control Screenshots

ConnectWise Control Integrations

ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech)

ConnectWise Control Competitors

TeamViewer, GoToAssist Remote Support, BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support)

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes