ConnectWise Control Reviews

Sudhashen Naicker | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 26, 2020

ScreenConnect - Bullet Proof remote support software

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Three years into my startup business and using Screenconnect. Though my RMM tool has another way of connecting it is not as robust as Screenconnect. If all else fails, I use Screenconnect to provide remote support. It is also useful for new and prospective clients who have not been added to my RMM platform. Screenconnect is significantly better than the competition, however their support leaves a lot to be desired.
Read Sudhashen Naicker's full review
Richard Hogan | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 24, 2020

ConnectWise Control is a great tool for remote support

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use ConnectWise Control to provide remote IT support to our clients. With our regular clients, we have it set up so their computers are always connected and always accessible for remote support. For other clients, we use the function that allows them to temporarily connect their computers for the duration of a service call. Using ConnectWise Control makes it easy for us to provide service to our clients without having to make a trip to their site. We can do things off-hours, when clients are not using their computers, thus limiting disruption to their workday. We can also help clients promptly, rather than having them wait until someone can make a visit to their offices. It also saves us a lot of time and expense by reducing the need to travel to clients' sites.
Read Richard Hogan's full review
Josh Ryan | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use ConnectWise Control to support users on and off the company network, at trade events and at home for troubleshooting issues, for general set up, and for adding software and devices to machines. We use it for any other action that requires us to interact with a user account and not RDP in over them, such as setting up drives and changing printer settings.
Read Josh Ryan's full review
Ryan Timmons | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 06, 2019

Great product but could use improvement in some areas to make it amazing.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Screen Connect to remotely access every computer across all our business entities and customer networks. It allows us to easily remotely troubleshoot and resolve issues on pretty much every end-user device anywhere in the world.
Read Ryan Timmons's full review
Rob Rotundo | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 02, 2019

ScreenConnect Saves Money

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

This program allows us to remotely resolve issues without having to roll a tech on site. This saves us valuable time and money. It's also built in to ConnectWise so it's easy to integrate and connect right to our customer's computers.
Read Rob Rotundo's full review
November 05, 2019

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We have been using ConnectWise for many years now to help support desktop users and administer servers both on-site and off.

We build various applications that support the operations of our business and with ConnectWise when something isn't behaving we are able to view remotely what a user is doing, control inputs, share files and communicate through the included message system. There's even an app that I have had to use on Android a couple of times which was pretty easy to use. There have also been a few times where, in the case of servers, I have been able to connect where RDP hasn't.
August 19, 2019

ConnectWise is a great product.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Connectwise Control in our everyday operations. We find it invaluable to be able to provide support instantly, securely and problem-free. The benefits have provided us with the ability to better serve our customers in a way that far outpaces our rivals, setting us apart. Can not complain and would recommend ConnectWise to everyone.
Andrew Haskell | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 20, 2019

An MSP's viewpoint on ConnectWise Control: "A foundational pillar of our business model"

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I operate a Managed Services Provider that focuses on serving small businesses. I've used several remote control / screen sharing solutions in the past, but out of all of them, above and beyond I would continue to recommend ConnectWise Control. We signed on when starting our company after trialing a couple different vendor's solutions. With remote control software, there is one thing above all else that it should accomplish: quickly connecting you to the desired workstation, without any worry of technical delays or difficulty. For this we've found Control works flawlessly. When our clients call with an issue, they don't have to sit around or worry about downloading another tool to install. We simply search their computer in the dashboard, and connect without problems, every single time. The peripheral features are extremely helpful as well. The integrated chat is very important for working with users who can't take a call, but are needing assistance. The bi-directional clipboard and file sharing is near seamless. And the dashboard provides plenty of information without having to dive into our RMM.
Read Andrew Haskell's full review
Jonathan Hanson | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 11, 2019

ConnectWise Control - Let's Me Really Connect With My Clients!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am very happy with the ConnectWise Control product and have used it for many years. I operate a local computer service company, and ConnectWise Control provides me the ability to be there without actually being there. I have a self-hosted installation and love it! I currently have a multitude of sites that are always on and give me a persistent connection. This is great for the headless servers or the digital signage installations It allows me to quickly capture a screenshot of what is actually going on without taking over control. I also like that I can access my sites from my mobile device or my tablet quickly and easily. I do not encounter much lag at all. I like how quickly I can create a support session as well! Very happy all the way around and will continue using for years to come!
Read Jonathan Hanson's full review
Charlie Stamp | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 19, 2019

Support Dealership on ConnectWise Control

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use ConnectWise Control to support our clients who use our software across the US and Canada. Any time a simple screenshot isn't enough we need a live session. One thing we really love is that a tier 1 support agent can work directly with the customer, and when they get a session started, we can get in and look at it from an IT perspective without the customer feeling like they are being passed around.
Read Charlie Stamp's full review
Randal Jorgensen | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 14, 2019

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use ConnectWise Control to connect to my client servers and PCs to assist with remote system and network management. ConnectWise Control allows me to connect remotely to these systems, with good performance at a reasonable price. Previous applications that I used (e.g. LogMeIn) continued to increase greatly in price to the point where they were uneconomical.
Read Randal Jorgensen's full review
Patrick Logan | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 14, 2019

ConnectWise Control for IT Support

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Seltek uses ConnectWise Control to access our clients' computers. It has been an invaluable tool for allowing Seltek to provide remote support to our clients. Not only does ConnectWise Control allow us to provide remote support, but is also allows us to gather information from the installed computers like hardware information and installed software. It also allows multiple technicians to connect to the same computer to collaborate on client problems.
Read Patrick Logan's full review
Filmore Thomas III | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 12, 2019

OneGeek's Connectwise

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

ConnectWise Control is being used by OneGeek, LLC to monitor our servers and customer environments. We use the product to provide remote support and do file transfers to servers and workstations. I like the fact that I can install software remotely and look at the event viewer and monitor other services that are running. Very good remote tool.
Read Filmore Thomas III's full review
Ellen Kovacs | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 10, 2019

ConnectWise control keeps your business in control of your time and investment

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I own my own computer repair business. I find it useful in implementing remote support for the convenience of the customer. Many customers find it more convenient to say "Can you just log in and fix my problem?" This way, they don't have to set up for me to make the trip on site.
Read Ellen Kovacs's full review
Kevin Ritchey | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 10, 2019

Connect Wisely with ConnectWise Control

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We support over a hundred PCs and Macs with a two-man help desk using ConnectWise Control. There are solutions with many more features, but ConnectWise Control has the features we need without encumbering our staff with dozens of features we'd never need or use. The program is lightweight, and there are agents for Windows and Mac as well as a control program for Windows and Mac.
Read Kevin Ritchey's full review
Matt Winyard | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 08, 2019

Amazing and lightweight

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

ConnectWise Control is used to solve both problems with computers, for example, software issues. Other uses include technical help for people around the office and aiding others to understand and support ability with software use.
I can offer support to users very quickly and effectively from within the company and outside of the company. ConnectWise offers incredible flexibility within our organization, and is considered to be one of the best support tools we have available.
Read Matt Winyard's full review
Todd Singleton | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 07, 2019

We still call it ScreenConnect.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We first got this from the original developer's outfit, Elsinor Technologies, before Connectwise purchased ScreenConnect. In fact, we still call it "ScreenConnect" internally. It's being used on 4 admin/support seats with a supported client base of about 190 internal users/systems nationwide. We run our own server instance internally, with external DNS entries to run it from anywhere using port address translation. It provides us with remote control capability to workstations, and a limited but often useful software and hardware resource inventory.
Read Todd Singleton's full review
Luke Ephraums | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 27, 2019

ConnectWise Control: great value and functionality for the smaller IT provider

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use ConnectWise Control primarily for remote access and monitoring of our client's networks. It allows us to easily support over 150 seats and growing. We use it on a daily basis and frankly couldn't live without it.
Read Luke Ephraums's full review

Screen sharing (571)
9.2
File transfer (544)
Instant message (480)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (72)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (296)
Over-the-Internet remote session (577)
Initiate remote control from mobile (369)
Remote management of servers & workstations (494)
Remote Active Directory® management (162)
Centralized management dashboard (459)
Session record (297)
Annotations (251)
Monitoring and Alerts (177)
Multi-platform remote control (382)

About ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise Control, formerly ScreenConnect, is a remote support, access and meeting solution. With this solution, you can use remote support and access to repair computers, provide updates, and manage machines. Users can also conduct online seminars and presentations using remote meetings. The vendor’s value proposition is that their solution is fast, reliable and includes the same features as competing remote control solutions.

ConnectWise Control Screenshots

ConnectWise Control Integrations

ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech)

ConnectWise Control Competitors

TeamViewer, GoToAssist Remote Support, BeyondTrust Remote Support (Formerely Bomgar Remote Support)

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes