Copy was Barracuda Networks' cloud storage solution. It was taken off market in 2016, and is no longer offered.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/gZ/9Q/QVLH16EHD8RQ.jpegCopy Beats Dropbox in My BookCopy is a cloud storage solution for individuals and businesses. It has tiered pricing that is incredibly reasonable, and their initial free storage space offering is bigger than any other I've encountered (starting at 15G out of the gate, with an addition 5G if you signed up with an affiliate link - 5G for you, 5G for the affiliate). At my current school (and my previous one), I got fellow educators (both tech-saavy and not) hooked on it for its generous storage and ease of use. It's also a service I recommend to my students (for the same reasons as I recommend it to my colleagues).,Copy is similar to Dropbox, in that you have a folder on your computer where you store the files you want to be able to access and sync via Copy's online service. It's very reliable about making sure files are synced across machines. You can create "shortcuts" to files on your main computer in order to access them from other locations without it impacting the amount of space you're using on your account. It seems to work almost like a VPN (but not quite). You can share folders and files with others, allowing various privileges and rights. This process is incredibly easy. It also sends your affiliate link in case the people you are sharing with want to sign up (bonus space!). Copy is attractive and simple to use. It's not complicated, and their support site is clear and monitored. Copy is great if you regularly need to upload or share video files. It allows a larger upload size than Dropbox which means that those videos you shoot on your smart phone can be uploaded and shared more easily.,One thing Copy doesn't do is allow you to sync any folder on your hard drive (like Sugar Sync does). You have to save the file in the designated Copy folder. However, Dropbox and most other popular cloud storage services don't allow this either, so although this is a negative, it's so common that it's hardly a major drawback. EDIT: You can work around this by creating shortcuts in your Copy folder that point to the folder in its original location on your hard drive. There are a few areas of support (instructions, primarily, in regards to file shortcuts) that are a little vague (although at the time of this writing they may have been clarified and detail added). Copy isn't as well known as other cloud service providers, so your friends may need to be caught up on its awesomeness. This also means that it isn't as well integrated into apps and programs. I'm hoping time will change this as the service grows.,10,+easier file sharing with my colleagues and students (less stress, more efficient than using flash drives). +easy access to files I use regularly, whether on my home computer, my phone, or at work, meaning increased productivity. +fast syncing (and selective syncing) means that I can choose which files to sync to each location, leading to optimized storage management on my hard drives. +since it's super easy to get lots of free space, the ROI is awesome. Plus, because you start with more free space than other options, you're already one step ahead.,Dropbox,SugarSync,Google Drive,Microsoft OneDrive,10,100,1,HUGE amount of free space available right off the bat, with an amazingly generous amount of free space offered for referrals. EASY to use, meaning no internal support team is needed, keeping costs down. It WORKS. I've never had a problem with Copy getting out of sync, disconnecting without reconnecting or alerting me to a problem, or losing files. You can even access file history if you accidentally delete something. NO LIMITS on uploads. With lots of students creating content such as video, photos, etc., this is the one service we can count on to get our products off our mobile devices and onto the computer for editing and sharing. Even if the file size aren't allowed by other services.,As I've noted previously, we use Copy when creating video or images for projects because it is easy to upload the files for use in other programs. I use Copy to share resources with my team of teachers. I can set it to view only so that they can't edit my files (so I preserve them as I like them, while allowing them to download and edit them to create their own version). I use folder shortcuts to access larger files that are on my computer at home. I don't need them stored online, but the folder shortcut lets me get to items I don't need all the time. This is particularly useful since I do a lot of WordPress management, site development, and consulting on the side.,Students could use Copy to share resources with other group members when working on projects, allowing for greater collaboration. There is a business option that allows businesses to have an account for their employees. This could be something that eventually is utilized by my business, again creating more opportunities for collaboration and becoming a way of backing up files without carrying around flash/USB drives. Copy could also be used to share folders with parents, giving them access to student work (like a portfolio). Teachers could use Copy shared folders as a place for students to submit work for grading or sharing with the class.,Set up is easy. Just follow the instructions. You can choose to sync the default folders, or none, or if you've already added folders to Copy online, you can choose to sync any/all/none of those folders. Accessing your files is a breeze. Online, the folder navigation system is elegant and easy to maneuver through. On your computer, it uses whatever folder system your system employs, making adding, deleting, and moving items a familiar task. Sharing files is also incredibly simple. Using the online version, you have options to make the link secure (requiring email verification) or provide a link to the folder or file using Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or Email. You are also provided a short share link if you want to embed the link or share it that way.,It took me a little while to fully understand the beauty of being able to use shortcuts with Copy, but after some reading on their support I figured it out (to be honest, it's probably obvious to many people, but I had a hard time understanding the finer points of it). When managing the settings on the computer, you will need to explore all the options if you want to adjust synced folders, whether usage is shared with Copy, etc. This is fairly typical of most services though. You can't edit files from within Copy. You'll need to open them using a different app or program. This is also the case with Dropbox (as far as I know), but it's not the same as Google Drive or OneDrive where you can edit it from the service.,Yes,10
Copy

Copy Reviews

Copy
Filter 14 vetted Copy reviews and ratings
March 20, 2014

User Review: "Copy Beats Dropbox in My Book"

• Copy is similar to Dropbox, in that you have a folder on your computer where you store the files you want to be able to access and sync via Copy's online service. It's very reliable about making sure files are synced across machines.
  • You can create "shortcuts" to files on your main computer in order to access them from other locations without it impacting the amount of space you're using on your account. It seems to work almost like a VPN (but not quite).
  • You can share folders and files with others, allowing various privileges and rights. This process is incredibly easy. It also sends your affiliate link in case the people you are sharing with want to sign up (bonus space!).
  • Copy is attractive and simple to use. It's not complicated, and their support site is clear and monitored.
  • Copy is great if you regularly need to upload or share video files. It allows a larger upload size than Dropbox which means that those videos you shoot on your smart phone can be uploaded and shared more easily.
  • One thing Copy doesn't do is allow you to sync any folder on your hard drive (like Sugar Sync does). You have to save the file in the designated Copy folder. However, Dropbox and most other popular cloud storage services don't allow this either, so although this is a negative, it's so common that it's hardly a major drawback.
  • EDIT: You can work around this by creating shortcuts in your Copy folder that point to the folder in its original location on your hard drive.
  • There are a few areas of support (instructions, primarily, in regards to file shortcuts) that are a little vague (although at the time of this writing they may have been clarified and detail added).
  • Copy isn't as well known as other cloud service providers, so your friends may need to be caught up on its awesomeness. This also means that it isn't as well integrated into apps and programs. I'm hoping time will change this as the service grows.
I actually recommend this service to all my students and colleagues. It's got more storage space for free than any provider I've found (and for students and teachers, this is a BIG deal). It's wonderful if you want to upload video, too, because where Dropbox and other providers severely limit file upload sizes, Copy is much more generous. Also, since Copy is cloud-based, you don't even need your own computer to use it necessarily since you can access it online. I can't really think of a situation where it would be less appropriate unless you wanted to store classified documents (in which case I'd wonder why you're uploading them to a cloud-based server in the first place).
Read Amanda Youngblood's full review