Reviews (1-25 of 83)
- Learning Management is their strong suit and where they started. It is robust and addresses many of our needs as it can be customized in some ways to fit the business.
- The recruiting platform really hits many of the check boxes for what a company needs to have a fully automated process. It time stamps and tracks all the metrics needed to understand how well the recruiting effort is doing.
- Cornerstone is constantly updating their modules to better serve their customers. This has been seen in the Learning and recruiting modules.
- Pricing! When we first contracted with Cornerstone OnDemand, their pricing was very competitive and implementation was extremely fair. However, now they have implementation fees that can raise the cost to a ludicrous level and that takes away from their good product.
- Turnover: We have had several "Client Success Managers" over the short time we have had Cornerstone OnDemand as well as three Sales Reps.
- The performance system is not very modern. Difficult to create and track development plans and reviews. The idea of always having to create a task is inconvenient and archaic in my opinion. They could make the processes much easier.
- Succession Planning needs a lot of work!
Cornerstone's robust features within system emails and reporting, along with an admin friendly portal, we have implemented:
Brand Standard Service Training to 65,000 team members, via in-person, instructor-led training.
Leadership Conferences with 1800+ attendees over 3 days as well as other large conference-style training programs.
Leadership Curriculum tied to our performance reviews
Leadership and General Onboarding Programs, and all Compliance training.
- Custom email configuration allows us to communicate not only the expectations but help our team members understand what is asked of them. The ability to target messages based on completion of items allow team members to take the next steps and stay focused on their learning and development.
- Robust reporting - coupled with experienced LMS admins with excellent analytical skills, you can track progress with a high level of accuracy.
- We have a LinkedIn Learning integration which has been a grand slam, in less than a year we have over 10,000-course completions. I personally have developed a "thirst to learn" because of this tremendous partnership and the easy to access content on my mobile device.
- Custom Pages, we have over 50,000+ team members without company email and we use Custom pages as a Bulletin Board to layout all details for our career development program. This keeps our team members in the loop at all times.
- If you have a dynamic, talented team which I am fortunate to have, who is eager to use this LMS with an excellent attitude you can make a great impact on your organization and truly develop a culture of learning and accountability.
- On the Cornerstone side, work is being done to make certifications easier...this is my weaker area, they are confusing. Perhaps they should build more "templates" in the certification area that can be copied such as 3-year expiration certifications.
- In the Organization Unit area, we create groups all the time because every training, especially compliance has very unique criteria. Groups need to be easier to edit, this is a pain point for us because we are a large organization with over 2000 departments and over 2000 position IDs.
- It works well on laptops.
- People can generally find the classes they need using the search bar.
- The administrative function is clunky and not the most user-friendly. Entering a course description seems to require knowledge of HTML and takes a long time.
- It's not the most user-friendly interface. (To be fair, we're using the old module and are in the process of switching to the new Learner Center home-page).
- When people receive class information, they receive an Outlook invitation. When class details change, it would be really helpful to have a way to automatically update the Learner's Outlook invitation with the new information.
- It would be nice if CSOD were more proactive about providing guidance on how to use their tool.
- IT would be incredibly valuable for CSOD to conduct formal usability studies on CSOD. It's not intuitive to Learners.
- For some reason, the mobile version of CSOD doesn't let us display all our classes. It would be great to have a fully functioning mobile version.
- It would be helpful if we could have multiple people get notified when a Learner registers for training because we have dual reporting (e.g. the Learner's manager AND his/her Engagement Manager). Both people need to know the Learner's schedule.
- Easy to build courses without needing an LMS admin
- Easy to transfer courses from a different LMS to this system
- The system is very user friendly and it's easy to learn and navigate with minimal training.
- I wish that most systems adapted a drag and pull system when adding courses when creating learning paths, this is one of those systems that doesn't do that.
- Always improving, one of the very few 100% Agile shops. Their engagement of user requests and experiences as well as their openness to change up the road map with less rigidity provides for a platform that is more malleable to the current and future needs.
- Their integration to all things Learning and Talent that an organization of any size needs.
- The 360 feedback that was originally just part of performance, but after I encouraged a modified functionality cross for my client NYC ACS for a 6-month training program they were developing, between Performance and Learning without having to engage in the full Performance module license or process, has more recently been added solution-wide for others.
- We still need further work on integration with HR systems, which the newer HR Suite has begun to address.
- Need to not move from their Microsoft SQL and Microsoft Solution partner to AWS. Instead, they need to move to the Microsoft AZURE services that have integration points with AWS and other systems, while maintaining stronger technology infrastructure.
- Improve on their offerings for SMBs, their newer SMB package is a start, needs a lot of work.
- Feature Driven: it has something for everyone
- Custom reports are a great plus
- Customizable home screen is huge
- Some of the features are buried or hard to find.
- Complex means for assigning training. I'd prefer a single click at times.
- Continuously providing more features to meet clients business needs.
- An active community of users that are always willing to help other companies out.
- Full transparency of upcoming release items that will help your organization be proactive during implementation.
- More custom reporting features that would allow de-duplication and group-by.
- Making all IDs available in custom reporting.
- Cornerstone has a wide variety of functions, reaching every area of learning experiences.
- Its core functions and capabilities are easy to use and intuitive.
- We are really wanting to expand our use of the observation checklist, but the interface online has not been updated in some time.
- Some of the administrator interfaces need updating.
- All user interfaces need to be mobile responsive rather than just mainly the Learner Home and player.
- CSOD provides a robust system with a lot of functionality while allowing a wide scope of customization. We are not yet using all the functionality in the Learning Suite, but have significant opportunities to expand our methods of providing education in the future.
- CSOD provides many resources for help and optimization along the way including client communities, regional meetings, daily office hours, online learning modules, access to Client Success Managers and Global Product Support.
- A 3rd party company was used for our implementation and we have discovered along the way that some functionality/configurations were missed or best practices not adequately identified. The consultant was extremely kind and helpful. The Client Success Managers after implementation have been great at helping through best practice scenarios.
- As with any system, there is some functionality we would like to see available or done differently. CSOD offers a community to leave suggestions where other clients vote on them. Then their development team evaluates for consideration in future updates.
- Updates and new releases - Cornerstone OnDemand is top notch when it comes to improving their product.
- Exceptional community, the user groups, and community are engaged, aware, and insightful - network opportunities abound.
- The integration with LinkedIn Learning alone makes this one of the most instant and rich learning experiences on the market. It will only improve as Cornerstone OnDemand begins producing their own content as well.
- Product support - although ticketing is a challenge, there is a lot of change occurring in that sphere. It has improved a lot over the course of the past year, and I look forward to what the end result will be.
- The software itself is a millennial, and has the same sort of quirks but it gets the job done.
- As an admin, learning the language areas and understanding the nuance of terms has been a challenge. I am consistently reminding my stakeholders that the term they are using refers to a different area of the system which causes confusion. This has more to do with CornerStone OnDemand being around for so long, meaning there's been plenty of time for some things to be named similar enough to confuse things.
- Makes learning easily accessible.
- Allows learning to be accessed onDemand.
- Personal platform engages learners.
- Admin features.
- Not happy with outsource of GPS.
- More customization of admin features and layout.
Library of learning in one place.
- Cornerstone's support structure is top notch. Whenever an issue comes up, there are multiple resources available to find the most appropriate solution.
- Cornerstone actively updates their different modules to make sure their programs are up-to-date on the industries latest trends and functionalities.
- Cornerstone's new analytics capabilities increase my companies ability to track KPIs and metrics. Information is the key to making informed decisions, and they provide those resources with a simple click of a button.
- The input of training records could definitely be improved. They have been working hard to update this process, but still could have some work done.
- Their succession module is functional but not as seamless as the rest of the modules.
- Create their own HRIS system so that companies don't have to have additional expenses with the integration with the various 3rd parties.
- CSOD's content uploader allows the user to load multiple SCORM files at once, reduces efforts and saves time. This is user-friendly and can be used by non-technical resources in the organization as well.
- Data load wizard (not many other LMS applications have this feature) allows us to load the data in the front-end without any coding or any technical inputs.
- Edge Import is the latest well-known feature, applicable for partners and clients as well, helps to load large amount of data using the pre-defined templates. This has encryption facility as well. We can either create new data or update existing data using Edge Import.
- Reports - CSOD has sets of standard reports. It also has custom reports and a reporting dashboard as well. A highly customizable report can be downloaded as excel and pdf files as well. Custom reporting templates can be shared with others as well.
- All Learning Objects have lots of pre-defined fields which are enough for the organizations, it also has custom field administration. This is used by many of the customers across industries.
- Edge Import is still in the evolving stage, there are couple of fields still missing compared to Data Load Wizard. We are expecting that these fields will be released in the upcoming releases.
- Office hours are a great resource for those issues where you need to discuss with an expert on the steps you are following.
- Online courses/Learn it live: great training resource for administrators, you can find all details and information on the features of the site.
- Communication and updates: all the information on product changes, updates, and new features are communicated in a timely manner.
- Reporting: a new reporting system has been announced, but its been on early adopter for a long time. Still missing features from the previous version that are necessary.
- Events and sessions: it's a process that takes forever, I know there is a new version available but it's not suitable for my org, so I am stuck with pages and pages of options, boxes to flag/un-flag, and no option to update all sessions in one go. The option "Start and End times for all Sessions to display to Users in their Time Zone" does not work properly. There are so many things to consider that sometimes you have no idea where to check to fix issues.
- Data load wizard: it's a great tool and idea, but it's so sensitive. If you do not do format or add all the information in the exact way the system wants, you can spend hours trying to find out why it's giving you an upload error.
- Online courses: the versioning feature creates a lot of issues and it's not easy to complete. The modification feature is mostly useless because the modified file has to be exactly the same as the original one, and it there is the smallest thing that makes the file change, you cannot modify. It's too restrictive.
- Online help: there is a ton of help in there, but it's very difficult to find it. The search only allows you to search for a word, not multiple words, and that makes finding what you need a challenge. Sometimes the same terms are used for multiple features, so you end up with irrelevant information.
- Drag and drop filters for Custom Reporting 2.0 is nice.
- Training assignments.
- Dashboards need improvement
- More field custom customization with SQL operations and the ability to modify column headings that would be nice.
- A nice addition would be exception reporting for performance.
Previously, our company had not standardized a system to deliver and track training. Now with Cornerstone, we are able to automate the delivery of training based on a number of factors. We can push training to new employees when employees switch job titles or departments or assign training as needed. Using this system we have been able to deliver training more efficiently and it has allowed us to align training across our business and gives our management real-time ability to track employee training.
We have been able to roll-out company-wide training on updates to critical business processes is less than a week. Before Cornerstone, it would have taken us over a month to deliver this training and used valuable time and resources. Each company-wide training delivered through Cornerstone has a cost savings of approximately $35,000.
The complexity of this LMS does require considerable time to configure and learn, it has the power to solve virtually any training need. It is well worth the investment.
- Cornerstone is designed to easily upload and deliver eLearning courses that are designed and constructed with content authoring software.
- The complexity of the system allows administrators to construct training delivery solutions to meet almost any need.
- Cornerstone offers a wide-variety of resources for administrators to troubleshoot, get expert advice, and access to professional learning communities.
- Their Global Product Support can be very slow and unresponsive, however, they have taken measures to improve their customer services and we have seen some improvements.
- The complexity of the security permissions can be overwhelming, better out of the box roles would be more helpful.
- The training content available for Cornerstone administrators is not very up-to-date. Sometimes the videos or screenshots are a few years old.
- The LMS is user friendly. It allows for easy content replacement with reversioning.
- The user interface is friendly and appealing. Like Netflix, you can browse with ease.
- Communicating upcoming enhancements.
- Too many easy fixes require a call to their technical team.
- Not enough admin access to truly make the system our own.
- Their Help Desk leaves something to be desired. The response times are terrible.
- Easy to upload learning content
- Helps us to manage completions
- Great for keeping historical data
- Some completions are not tracked
- Lots of steps involved in uploading content
- Long delay between completion and marking the completion on user history
- Reporting is easy and intuitive- the new Reporting 2.0 allows you to drag and drop fields and instantly see the results.
- It is very easy to create and manage learning assignments
- You have the ability to create custom web pages so that you can bring in custom content and personalize your user experience.
- Some tasks such as data entry or system settings can be manual and labor intensive. If you have 50 training sessions that need to be modified -- there isn't a mass way to make edits.
- Loading in historical training data can be a pain. The Data Load Wizard isn't user friendly and requires a lot of trial and error.
- The survey functionality needs to be improved. Admins should be able to generate surveys on the fly ( like SurveyMonkey.)
Cornerstone is less appropriate with organizations that want to promote a more "free" learning experience. The process of requesting a training and being directed to another screen to launch it isn't very user friendly. I would like to see the ability to browse through training with a you-tube like experience in mind. There are likely some overall settings that can make this a reality, but if you plan to house compliance training in the same LMS this could be difficult to manage.
- Tracking of recurring training automatically via the use of certifications.
- Powerful reporting engine with real-time data.
- New, modern Learner Home UI.
- No dynamic training extensions based on on-leave or deployed user dates.
- Certification UI is not very intuitive to the end-user.
- Customer service response times has been a pain point, although much improvement has been made in this area recently.
Cornerstone OnDemand Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) is a single, unified cloud-based talent management solution that is completely configurable to meet the talent strategy, compliance, business, and workflow needs of any organization.
Organizations today are being disrupted by digital advances that continue to shift the way employees work, learn, and succeed. To be successful in this constantly evolving world, organizations need a modern unified talent management strategy that supports the acquisition of the right skills, alongside ongoing employee development, engagement, and retention.
Cornerstone offers solutions to help companies strategically manage and continuously develop their talent. The Cornerstone Talent Management Solution includes:
- Cornerstone Recruiting (including applicant tracking, employee onboarding)
- Cornerstone Learning (including LMS, learning experience platform (LXP), certifications, Learn App)
- Cornerstone Performance (including performance reviews, goals, succession planning, compensation, competency management)
- Cornerstone Careers (including one-on-one’s, development plans, goals, pulse surveys, career management)
- Cornerstone HR (including people administration, workforce analytics, benchmarking)
- Cornerstone Content (including 40+ premium partners)
Cornerstone’s people development solutions are used by approximately 7,000 clients of all sizes, spanning more than 75 million users across over 180 countries and 50+ languages.
Cornerstone OnDemand Screenshots
Cornerstone OnDemand Videos (3)
Cornerstone OnDemand Downloadables
- Unify learning and performance management to drive engagement, productivity, and profits.
- How to develop your employees for the future.
- How to overcome the skills crisis in today’s modern workplace
- The transformation toolkit: how to thrive in the face of market disruption
- How to leverage Cornerstone to develop a stronger workforce
Cornerstone OnDemand Integrations
Cornerstone OnDemand Competitors
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
Cornerstone OnDemand Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Cornerstone OnDemand Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||43 languages|