Cvent Event Management Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

We use Cvent across our geography from event registration, on arrival for on-site badge printing and CrowdCompass on occasion for events that require mobile apps. We have events that range from 10-1800 people and needed a better way to manage lists, housing requirements, badge printing and check-in process to keep capacity counts at venues.
  • Housing and Room block management
  • Up-to-date numbers of check-ins and reporting for senior management at events
  • Complex registration for multi-session events
  • Language management can be confusing
  • Reporting fields can be hard to match up
It's sometimes a lot of work for small dinner events, we find it works better for our 50+ people events where new registrations could be happening last minute and we require badges and on-site solutions in real-time.
Cvent is being used in all aspects of meeting planning. From hotel sourcing, attendee registration, and the CrowdCompass mobile app. Cvent is the go-to for a successful event!
  • Cvent's customer support and community forums are great for support if you have any issues with an area. You can easily place a phone call or post on the forum for answers.
  • Easy to use for sourcing. The supplier section is a great way to find a perfect venue for your event.
  • With the transition to Flex, website creation is a little easier.
Cvent Event Management is suited for just about every event. I have not really come across any events that I have worked on that it isn't suited for.
Cvent is used by almost all departments in my company, from referrals to supplier RFPs, budget management, event management, post event feedback, meetings tracking.
  • Custom registration site design/builds - Being able to design sites for simple meetings to incentive trips with multiple activities and guests, means a site fits the meeting.
  • Hotel Management - Not having to constantly enter the same information when using the same hotel for different meetings, Cvent tracks and stores all of that information.
  • Process Forms - Being able to build custom process forms and use them across all meetings with easy access to them by many employees.
  • Changing background image and having it stay in place on a registration site.
  • Importing attendee notes in the back end
Great for tracking statistics for one event and for all events you manage/host in a year.
December 17, 2018

Cvent for Higher Ed

Helps manage events across multiple schools and units.
  • event management
  • attendee information gathering
  • emails and communications
  • integration with Advance
  • integration with event guest list and Salesforce
Cvent Event Management is great for larger events for universities where admission is charged to help cover some of the per-registration costs associated. Less appropriate for smaller, free events
Megan Gates profile photo
We use Cvent across all of our customer events in higher education and for a portion of our event management in our school group. Every single day I thank the lord my organization chose to invest in Cvent! As a small events team, we were bogged down with plate spinning. Cvent takes all of the plates in the air and stacks them neatly into one platform that seamlessly integrates with so many of the other platforms we use daily: SFDC, Marketo, CrowdCompass, etc. It's a timesaver, and in an industry where time is money, the initial large investment creates a larger return on investment simply in time saved. Our corporate office also appreciates the comprehensive financial reporting that we roll up to them each year and it helps us be more strategic with budgeting. The reporting functionalities and financial reporting have helped our team be more data and metrics-driven which is very important when it comes to strategic and informed decision-making in an organization that makes an almost $3m investment in face to face, live events.
  • What I love most about Cvent is that even if you only manage 1-3 events a year vs. 100+ events a year, it still offers so much value. It takes away a lot of the manual work associated with managing one event, much less 100+ events per year. No more spreadsheets! It eliminates so much paperwork on our end -- and as a small event team, that is CRUCIAL to our event program success.
  • At times, an emailed invitation is the first impression we give to our potential customers, so that vehicle has to provide a ton of info, all while being on brand, and looking professional. There are so many avenues for personalization within Cvent, from a branding perspective, as well as a features/functionality perspective.
  • Great customer service -- our account manager is always just an email or phone call away to discuss any problems we might have. The online Support is also robust and amazing, as well as the Cvent community of users that I learn from everyday! Cvent offers so many opportunities for personal development within the tool.
  • The training and administrative set up process was NOT intuitive. Every organization that uses this tool is not the same, but the training wasn't quite tailored to our organization's needs. A lot of time was spent on modules we never use.
  • Our Account Manager oftentimes tried to help, but was unavailable a lot. We were encouraged to contact the Support number, rather than personalized 1:1 with our Account Manager. It would be great if we had just ONE liaison at Cvent rather than being sent to several different arms for different needs.
  • I wish the SFDC custom integration wasn't an extra cost to our organization because that is a huge need for us, but the free turnkey solution just won't work for us.
  • We worked with the Creative Services team to create a custom, branded suite of registration tools. Not only did this process take EIGHT WEEKS longer than we had contracted, but the CS team was oftentimes hard to communicate our needs with and unresponsive. On top of that, they wanted to charge us for the extra time, even when it was the fault of their team (one of the team leads left the company, and our project got sent back to the bottom of the priority list). Eventually, after lengthy conversations with our Account Manager, they finished our design at the price that was originally quoted, but it really set us back so much time in our event process as we use a registration site template for over 100+ events.
If you manage a lot of events that are similar in structure (i.e. you could use a registration page template/agenda, etc.) Cvent is a HUGE time saver as you can simply copy the event and change the content to match the different events. I could also see this being a great tool for those who handle large conferences of 1,000+ where you have many different elective breakout sessions. Cvent is the perfect tool for managing tracks and also lets the user (if they are using in tandem with CrowdCompass mobile app) set up their own schedule within the app and receive notifications. Really really streamlines the whole process.
Read Megan Gates's full review
Rebecca Cooke-Rodriguez profile photo
My organization uses Cvent for event management from start to finish. There are a couple of aspects we don't use, but this is primarily because we are a small (6 person office) trade association, I report straight to the CEO and our largest even is around 250. Everyone in my office knows how to use it on a basic level, but I am responsible for all components of the event so I have extensive knowledge using this program. I have about 16 meetings annually with two maybe three larger scale events. Cvent helps me with every part of the process from selecting a location, to creating the event site, promoting the event with marketing emails, social media and contact lists, all the way to the attendees checking in at the event. I am able to customize every event site and registration path. I can run reports on virtually any aspect of the events and crossover events. I can budget everything within the event and have payments made through the event. It has a travel feature, but this is one of a few options we do not use.
  • Customer Service - always very helpful and patient
  • Customer Success Group Lunches - I enjoy going to these lunches. It gives me an opportunity to network with other event professionals and learns new aspects and features in Cvent.
  • Innovative - Cvent always tries to make their program better, more user friendly, competitive and compliant with standards world-wide
  • I would like to see some of the add-ons as part of the basic plans, like the budgeting tool. I create monetary reports but it's not the same as using the budgeting spreadsheet.
  • Same with the Crowd Compass (phone app) - I would like to be able to use this for most if not all of our meetings, but since I work at a small organization the cost is too high.
  • I don't have any issues with the program itself. There are a few small developer things with the new Flex platform, but they are being fixed as the different phases are rolled out. I'm one of the beta users for Flex and I have been giving input as I come across something.
It is well suited for nearly every type of meeting, large or small. I use this for every meeting except for our board meetings and this is only because my boss likes to send out his own emails to the members. I especially like using this for our roundtables (20 - 50 people). I use either the express or express ticketing for these smaller meetings. It's quick to create the event site and registration path. I add required questions to the registration like "will you be joining us for dinner" to get head counts without having to send a separate email later asking and hoping to get a reply. You can also run reports to see who has opened the email, emails that bounced, and looked at the event site but didn't register to get an idea who you need to reach out to individually.
Read Rebecca Cooke-Rodriguez's full review
Lindsay Buchanan, CMP profile photo
We are an enterprise user, therefore, we use quite a few of the Cvent product modules. We currently use Event Registration, Sourcing, Abstract Management, SMM, Membership Management, and Email Marketing. The Event Registration Module allows us to be fairly flexibly with our event setups for each of our clients as well as internally. We pride ourselves on thinking outside the box where Cvent Representatives would have not gone. We have currently implemented the product 80% in our Meetings & Conferences, Group Travel and Association Management team--services not fully utilized are SMM and Email Marketing. The rest of our company utilizes mostly the Sourcing Module, however, there are times when the Event Registration Module is used accordingly. It has really helped streamline a lot of our previously manual processes--ie. Paper registrations, manually processing credit card payments, manually sending/mailing paper receipts to registrants are just a few.
  • Sourcing - Love how the system allows you to create one lead and it sends it to as many hotels/locations you wish to send it to. Additionally, it provides instant feedback on whether or not a hotel/location can accommodate your request. If you receive a submission, these are reportable from the system, not manually collated by a staff member.
  • Event Registration - Love the ability to create an online process to allow registrants the easy on registering online.
  • Reporting - this can be somewhat difficult to use and clunky. It doesn't always pull all the information the first time you run it, and sometimes requires more than two times of running the report to get all the data needed. There is no way to report on Session Groups and this has been frustrating for over 11 years!
  • Membership Management - seriously lacks an update or the functionality needed for most associations. Was created more for corporate membership programs not association membership programs. Very clunky and difficult to use. We have had to use custom questions to help with the reporting side of membership as the standard reports are limited and do not represent the requested or needed data.
  • Abstract Management - has improved the most over the last year, but still doesn't allow a review to see more than 100 submissions at a time.
It is well suited for event registration, sourcing, abstract submissions, and meeting management. They are currently updating these areas for the upcoming FLEX release, however, it would be hard to recommend Cvent for membership management due to the lack of updates that have been done to the module or the clear lack of willingness to do so.
Read Lindsay Buchanan, CMP's full review
Audia Brightwell profile photo
July 16, 2018

Cvent Management

Cvent Event Management is being used is various ways at my company, but in my department, we use it for the hundreds of events that we plan throughout the year. We create events for physicians to learn about our products, and Cvent is used as a tool to market the events as well as retrieve information from attendees. Cvent has helped with reporting as well as the entire event management process.
  • Cvent has a signature feature (used via OnArrival) and it allows attendees to sign in for all events. This is important because I work with doctors and all dinners/lunches must be verified and accounted for.
  • Cvent allows event emails which can be sent prior to, during, and after events.
  • Cvent allows several users to access one event which helps my colleagues and I work on the same event at various times.
  • As of now, I don't have any suggestions.
Cvent works well for events with 10 participants are more. For smaller events, I don't prefer to use it. Perhaps that's when Cvent express make work better.
Read Audia Brightwell's full review
Ashley Gennett profile photo
We use Cvent Event Management to handle our annual user conference for our software company. Cvent hosts the event website, registration and session selection. It has created an ease of tracking registrations and payments. From the initial setup to the final report run, it has created a stress-free event management area for us.
Cvent is also great because we can have a few events going on at once, and they will not interfere with one another. I also love that it has the capability to sync with the CrowdCompass application, which we also use. It has an organized way of keeping all data compiled in one spot.
  • The fact we could build our own website, yet still give it a custom URL that synced with our company's URL was a game changer for us.
  • I love how easy it is to set up events, and the fact we can have many going on at once. It saves a lot of time from our team so they can focus their efforts on other things, like marketing or selling.
  • Cvent is ALWAYS improving, and I love that! Whether it be through changing trends in the industry or customer feedback, they are always looking to better their software.
  • I personally have not encountered any cons within the software.
Definitely look into all of Cvents capabilities before purchasing, and consider all possibilities. The fact we could build our own website, yet still give it a custom URL that synced with our company's URL was our decision maker.
Read Ashley Gennett's full review
Amy Zientek profile photo
July 13, 2018

Cvent for DMOs

My organization uses Cvent Event Management as a portal to both promote our city and its venues as well as to communicate with event planners.
  • Cvent allows planners to discover cities and/or venues they may not have otherwise considered.
  • Cvent has continued working to integrate both DMOs and venues in the RFP distribution process.
  • There is an awful lot of clicking in Cvent. A more streamlined system would not be a bad thing.
Cvent is well suited for planners looking to distribute an RFP to a variety of cities, venues, etc. It is also appropriate to use during the discovery process. It is a wonderful place for event organizers to find a variety of locations that can fit their event. For second and third-tier cities it is a wonderful way to get the name out and possibly get it on a planner's radar.
Read Amy Zientek's full review
Cvent is currently being used by two event planning departments with our organization. It lets our two planning teams focus on and execute events for both internal and external clients while allowing stakeholders in other departments to focus on their “day job” instead of trying to plan training events and client appreciation events. Cvent has also saved our teams hundreds of hours of outdated manual labor in spreadsheets, manually sending confirmation emails, etc.
  • Keeping real time, updated data. The system automatically updates with every change you make so stakeholders have accurate data at all times
  • By using data tags, we can build one email campaign but have it be personalized for each attendee by one send/click
  • Real time capacity management - gone are the days of human error and over selling events by manually tracking spreadsheets
  • Main concern is cost - it is the leading technology in the industry so I understand but it’s hard to justify added features to stakeholders when cost is so high
  • Email limitations in express setup - our marketing team puts together invitations with images and it’s hard to import into express templates
  • Travel integration with crowd compass. Not all hotel data pulls over and it can be confusing for attendees
  • Well suited - time-saving, professional and clean appeal to sites, easy to navigate with no prior HTML/coding background
  • Less appropriate - cost for added features
Cvent is utilized as a registration tool for our meetings we hold as a company. We chose this because we initially needed an easy way to sign people up and process credit cards for our events.
  • It provides an external website to promote your event
  • It gathers information from attendees regarding what they want to sign up for if attending your meeting
  • It is easy to set up an event with multiple "layers", tracks and registrants
  • If you are not tech savvy it might be difficult for you to learn
  • Their customer support is not familiar with event planning, this makes it difficult to communicate to them what you want the software to do
Cvent is a great tool to utilize for planning events. If you are in charge of setting up the meeting via the system it does help to have some computer/engineering knowledge. Their customer support team needs to have more experience in event planning and utilizing the system to be able to truly be considered support. Not just "trained to be support".
June 28, 2018

Events made easy

We utilize Cvent Event Management to build informational websites and collect registration information for our client's meetings. We also have a travel integration with the travel booking system. It allows us to communicate necessary information to attendees; gather their information that is needed to put on a successful meeting, and house all of the hotel and travel information in one place.
  • Listen to its customers - they're always doing surveys, customer feedback/reward programs, and scheduling regular meetings with me to talk about our account's strategic direction.
  • Creative solutions, we use several of their products and they tie in very well together. If we have a need that isn't one of their products specialties, they're good at coming up with workarounds to make it work.
  • The tool is very user-friendly and easy to navigate.
  • Cvent -> Concur -> Sabre integration isn't the best. It occasionally will import the wrong travel segments (connecting flights rather than the flights in or out of the meeting), and can't transmit reporting fields to the other tools.
  • Consistency across the platform. i.e. some areas are easy drag and drop, others are not.
We utilize it for both large/complex meetings, and small/basic meetings, and it works well for either, however it's a pretty large financial investment if you only have very small/basic meetings.
June 28, 2018

Cvent Review

I used Cvent to create our tradeshow housing forms and other national sales meetings. I have even used CrowdCompass. Cvent has lots of resources but the platform is not as user-friendly on the back end. It takes a while to train people and if you are not using it every day it takes lots of time to try to remember. The customer service is great but most of the time there is a language barrier.
  • Clean platform
  • Innovated
  • 24/7 Customer service
  • Growing
  • Customer Service language barriers
  • Simpler userface
When creating complicated invitations
Kirsten Chong profile photo
We use Cvent Event Management within our live training department to manage our schedule of initial and continuing education classes throughout the state of California. Cvent has helped streamline the registration process from collecting payments to keeping track of attendance, running reports, and creating and issuing certificates as required by the state.
  • Registration Process: Ease of registering while flexibility to collect the information needed.
  • Calendar of Events: User friendly with many search, sort, and filter options for customer's to easily see what events you have coming up.
  • Customer Service: Cvent's chat feature has helped save me hours of time when I was not able to figure something out. Plus, all chats are saved for future reference in your account!
  • Certificates: Currently only 1 certificate and 1 page is allowed per registration type. Since we have approvals for multiple license types, we sometimes have multiple certificates that should go to 1 person and currently have to manually create these outside of Cvent. The ability to either send out 2 certificates, or have multiple pages would solve this issue.
  • Session Event Codes: On our certificates, our classes are multiple days long and while we can auto drop in the Event Start and End date, there is no option for the individual session dates. We currently manually add these to all our certificates and would save additional hours of time if this could be added as a data tag.
  • Timezone: We operate all our classes in the Pacific Time zone however when you run any reports they adjust the times to Eastern. Because we are a vendor of the state, if they would like to view a class attendance, we have to download the report and manually adjust the timezone back to Pacific.
Cvent would be a great solution for companies that have a few large events a year, or multiple small events, that are looking for an all encompassing solution from event planning, tracking, and analyzing. Cvent may not be the right fit if you are heavily regulated in terms of reporting and need your data to look a certain way, or if you require multiple certificates per registration and don't have the manpower to manually create any additional certificates.
Read Kirsten Chong's full review
Geneva Granatstein profile photo
Used by the Marketing Department for all events where money is being accepted or where we need a more comprehensive registration process than a yes/no response.
  • Reporting
  • Managing Payments
  • Creating Tracks and Custom Event Processes per Attendee Type
  • Ease of design in email creation
  • Ease of design in webpage creation
  • More attractive back-end system
Well suited in any scenario where you need to accept payments from registrants or where you want to have a webpage set up for the event. Great for more complicated events where there are different registration paths, optional items, etc. Because of the fee per registrant, it's not the best option for free events or internal events.
Read Geneva Granatstein's full review
Catherine Meharchand profile photo
We use Cvent to run our annual conference. I am the manager of the platform for our organization, and our Events team and Finance team use the platform to manage marketing, registration, planning and execution of the conference.
  • Cvent allows us to keep track of our registrants in real time. It makes registration easier for our participants, and we can respond to their needs right away.
  • Cvent allows us to communicate effectively with our participants with a minimum of hassle. Our Events team and Finance team can keep track of communications and actions through the platform.
  • Cvent makes session planning and management easy. Anyone on our team can easily pick up and manage the session list through the platform.
  • I know they are improving the interface, so I'm looking forward to that. Sometimes it's hard to have to click through so many screens to get to what I want.
  • The HTML interfaces allow for a high degree of customization, but can be frustratingly slow and difficult to manage.
  • It would be nice to have more flexibility in how events are structured. We have to have a work around for the type of event we run, which has several multi-day workshops. The way the system is set up we cannot show this without creating multiple sections for each session.
For traditional conferences (session based, no room rosters), Cvent is perfect. For what we do (multi-day workshops with room rosters), it is less effective. However, the customer service and tech teams are great at finding creative solutions to problems.
Read Catherine Meharchand's full review
Mikaela Gibson profile photo
Cvent has revolutionized our event management processes. We started small by only purchasing with one department for a one-year trial. After great success, we have expanded to all departments. We find the system to be user friendly, both on the staffing side and the registrant side. Customer service is top notch!
  • Cvent Event management is extremely customizable.
  • Cvent allows me to track everything in one place - budget, hotel nights, travel plans, registration, etc.
  • Cvent has a top notch customer service team that is always willing to help!
  • The cost is prohibitive for smaller organizations with a limited budget.
  • We have experienced some issues with our integration into CRM, but this is a new process and we're working out the kinks.
It works for larger conferences, and/or if you have a more significant budget.
It is not likely to work for smaller organizations on a very limited budget.
Read Mikaela Gibson's full review
Dian Razak profile photo
We use Cvent Event Management for their survey functions for our online events as well as our email marketing campaigns for our organization. Cvent helps collect data and registrations for our on-going events as well as our email marketing outreach programs.
  • Great support available - I am able to pick up and call their support, which I do so regularly. They are friendly and they help fix your problems easily.
  • Their survey functions and capabilities are great - it allows you to create surveys, personalised messages, locked/private surveys and certificates.
  • Easy to use dashboard and system on their end. I am able to create webpages and survey designs on HTML to reflect the branding I want.
  • Their email marketing function needs to be more robust and offer dynamic email marketing that caters to mobile devices. This isn't a drag and drop, unlike MailChimp.
  • Cvent is very functional as a technical platform - you need HTML skills to design better looking surveys and pages; or else things look very basic.
Cvent is great to run surveys on a large scale as it has a great results dashboard, notification systems and gives you the flexibility to run surveys in different ways (private/public) and link to different pages when required. Cvent also runs surveys in different languages.
Read Dian Razak's full review
LaVerne E. Mathews profile photo
May 06, 2016

Cvent Your Event!!

The entire company uses Cvent for event venue research. We can have a proposal ready for a client within hours because we go to Cvent and it has all the information that we need to provide to the client about hotels, special event venues and restaurants.
It is a time management tool for us. It helps us get in front of the client quicker with accurate and timely information. It is our "competitive edge".
  • Cvent has current information on all of the new properties in the cities where clients want to meet. This is crucial information because venues are being built every day in major cities.
  • The opportunity to use one system to send RFP's is very helpful to the busy meeting planner who can just look in one place to see what has been received and what is still pending.
  • Comparing bids at once is a great time manager and helps to get the contract sealed quicker which is crucial when planning the event budget.
  • When I recommend Cvent to my clients, many feel that the pricing is a little high in comparison to the system or way in which they currently prospect venue information.
  • More webinars about Cvent services as well as issues that planners may have that Cvent can help solve.
  • Opportunity to meet Cvent representatives in person to showcase what you have to offer.
As a planner, I think all of the Cvent services are relevant, whether you are planning a conference or special event. We use the event venue research service, but will start to look at other available services as well. I think that in your marketing it would be helpful to remind us more frequently about the products/services you offer that can help us with time management.
Read LaVerne E. Mathews's full review
Samantha Stultz profile photo
We use Cvent Event Management for both hotel sourcing and for event management.
  • Cvent Event Manager has a great WYSIWYG editor that makes building surveys, questions and registration fields very easy.
  • Cvent's OnArrival tool is a great way to print and scan name badges onsite.
  • Cvent's Kiosk Mode is a better way to have attendees choose their sessions onsite and make changes to their registration.
  • When customizing a website in Cvent, you are limited to changing only a few things, if you wish to edit the HTML/CSS it is almost impossible, especially when you are trying to change the color of the body-background. You have to find a 1px by 1px square. Save that png file, edit it in a design software and then reupload. This process can take quite some time.
  • Their customer service can be very slow and hard to understand on the phone. If your problem is outside the realm of a "basic solution" it can take days to hear back.
  • Their surveys can be very hard to manage. We find that we have to pull multiple reports, travel, hotel and registration just to get all the fields we need. I wish there was a way to just have all the fields in one master report and you can pick and choose as you wish.
  • Cvent's platform does not have the flexibility to add custom pages within the hotel and travel page. This has been very problematic for our attendees who get confused in between registration.
  • Cvent's mobile site does not work if you have a hotel or travel page enabled. If an attendee tries to register from a mobile device, it will bypass the hotel and travel page. This causes incompletion in our registrations

If we are selling group packages of tickets, Cvent Event Management is not a good resource. For example, we have large sponsorship packages, Cvent Event Management does not have an easy way for just grouping tickets together for sale. There is also a limit on how many sub questions you can have (only two, a sub question of a sub question). Also, let's say you are selling tickets for a concert. If you wanted to sell VIP parking to those that bought concert tickets, you couldn't in Cvent Event Management. Anyone who comes through the registration could buy VIP parking, not just VIP row concert ticket buyers.

But if you need a website that can integrate with GetThere and Sabre, it is great. If you need a website for onsite name badge scanning and printing, it is also a great setup. Our account managers have been awesome and very considerate as well.

Read Samantha Stultz's full review
Samantha Pujol profile photo
May 13, 2016

Cvent Review!

Through my previous employer, Cvent was used by the Special Events Department. It was used as a resource to find event venues that targeted the audience and purpose of different events.
  • Details of various event spaces.
  • Serves as a liaison with event spaces.
  • Makes scheduling events easier.
  • Lack of customization of cvent platform that works for our particular department.
  • Customer service can be difficult. May be better to have a representative to be able to meet with in person.
  • Difficult to go back and edit.
Cvent Event Management is well suited for researching event space and venues.
Read Samantha Pujol's full review
Jenifer Lonon profile photo
I really liked using Cvent Event Management! It was very helpful in planning my company's conferences and very user friendly. We had yearly conferences that required use for meeting attendees to sign up for the conference and choose different workshops.
  • Being able to read detailed descriptions of workshop descriptions.
  • Easy registration.
  • Accessibility to each registrant.
  • I do not think it's a Cvent problem, we need to make it available through registrant's firewall.
Some of the questions I would ask:

• Is it easy to create my registration site?
  • Can a registrant access and use it with ease?
  • Can easily pull a report of any information I need?
Read Jenifer Lonon's full review
Madelyn Taylor profile photo
October 27, 2015

Beginner Review to Cvent

At EVMS, the special events team, communications team, and Development team all used the system. My team, development, used it for newsletters and to manage large events.
  • Provides nice templates
  • Manages RSVPS
  • Reporting after events/newsletters. Has great reporting options.
  • It's easy for others to go in and change your contacts. That happened a couple of times and we had to manually go in and fix all of our contacts.
  • Need more up to date training
Read Madelyn Taylor's full review
Amanda Lawhorne profile photo
Cvent is being used as an event management platform. We utilize the system for processing registrations, setting up event websites, sending out marketing emails, and hosting our agendas. Cvent allows us to combine our website management, email marketing, and registration in one platform, as opposed to how we used to have to manage these items: Wordpress, Constant Contact, and Paypal, respectively.
  • Processing registrations--Makes it easy for our customers to pay online on a secure system and for us to check these registrations and issue refunds, discount codes, or credits.
  • Agenda viewing--Cvent settings allow for a nice and easy agenda entry system
  • Email marketing--allows for event email marketing on the same site as opposed to using a separate service such as Mail Chimp or Constant Contact.
  • Because there is so much involved in Cvent, learning the ropes can be a little challenging. They do offer videos and tutorials, however, I prefer to learn by doing. It took a little adjustment but I eventually got the hang of it.
  • There are times while working on Cvent that the system will go down, making some frustrations if I am in the middle of working on a project.
It is well-suited to conference companies or event planning organizations. It is less appropriate for companies doing one conference a year as price may not make sense for such infrequent usage.
Read Amanda Lawhorne's full review

About Cvent Event Management

Cvent is a cloud-based enterprise event management company with nearly 4,000 employees and over 300,000 users worldwide. Cvent offers software solutions to event planners and marketers for online event registration, venue selection, event management and marketing, onsite solutions, email marketing, and attendee engagement. Cvent's suite of products automate and simplify the planning process to maximize the impact of events. Cvent provides hoteliers with an integrated platform, enabling properties to increase business demand through targeted advertising and improve conversion through proprietary demand management and business intelligence solutions.

Cvent solutions aim to optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events.

Cvent Event Management Features

Has featureDesigned to help meeting and event planners more easily navigate every aspect of the event process.
Has featureIncrease attendance and engagement by using Cvent event management software to create multifaceted marketing campaigns surrounding your events.
Has featureCreate organization-wide event success with powerful reporting, strategic integrations, and award-winning, 24/7 customer service.

Cvent Event Management Integrations

Cvent Event Management Competitors

Eventbrite, Certain Event Automation Software, Aventri (formerly etouches)

• Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No