Daptiv Reviews

Angela Oglesby profile photo
January 18, 2014

Angela @ YMCA

Alternatives Considered

Again, another IT question. My department does not take part in those decisions or comparisons.
Read Angela Oglesby's full review
February 25, 2016

Daptiv - solid tool

Alternatives Considered

I was not involved in the selection process but based on my experience I would say that Microsoft Project Server definitely shows it roots in Microsoft Project. Nice UI, nicer hands on tools for PMs but not a strong in keeping an eye on non project work and much weaker on resource management from the resource managers point of view. Also the link between the desk top and web interface are confusing at best with Microsoft Project Server.

Alternatives Considered

Daptiv is an integrated toolset that satisfies our needs for multiple functions (project intake, resource capacity management, time tracking, portfolio planning and management). Daptiv was selected based on our evaluation of multiple tools. It was a close race between a couple of tools but we felt that Daptiv was a better fit for both our immediate and long term needs.

Alternatives Considered

I have not used a similar tool. My office had Daptiv when I began my job, and I was trained to use it. My office has recommended ways to use Daptiv (recommended project naming conventions, recommended reports to run, etc.), so I was trained on how to use it effectively in my office.

Task Management (4)
Scheduling (2)
Workflow Automation (3)
4.0
Team Collaboration (4)
Support for Agile Methodology (2)
3.9
Support for Waterfall Methodology (2)
Document Management (3)
6.5
Email integration (2)
Mobile Access (1)
Timesheet Tracking (3)
9.5
Change request and Case Management (1)
Budget and Expense Management (3)
Quotes/estimates (1)
Invoicing (1)
Project & financial reporting (2)

About Daptiv

Daptiv is a cloud-based project portfolio management (PPM) solution that is now owned by Changepoint in Ontario. Daptiv PPM covers diverse needs like Portfolio Management, Project Management, Resource Management and Office Management functionalities to larger business enterprises across diverse industries, and therefore offers a wide range of features achieving this, such as a resource load charts (e.g. Gantt charts), an easy to use DeskDocs feature for instant file uploading from a computer, a private messaging system as well as the more standard activity stream, a choice of five templates to give a structure to the platform to suit industry needs, integration with various programs and apps (Microsoft Office, Salesforce.com) and email, and many more. Other core functionalities of Daptiv include Work Intelligence, Financial Management, Team Collaboration and Security Administration. It supports four languages (English, French, German, Spanish).

Pricing is dependent on number of users. More advanced reporting features can be had at an additional cost. Implementation support is available.

Daptiv Competitors