Datto SIRIS

Datto Review

April 30, 2021

Datto is good for small business

November 21, 2019

Datto - Good, but not all dat

November 19, 2019
We utilize an onsite Datto appliance for local backups of our physical and virtual server infrastructure with offsite transport to Datto's …

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2020

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Datto SIRIS, and make your voice heard!

What is Datto SIRIS?

Datto headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut offers cloud backup, disaster recovery, and continuity services.

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.datto.com/pricing

7 people want pricing too

What is Acronis Cyber Backup?

Acronis Backup is a data backup and protection software. It provides threat protection using Acronis Active Protection, mobile data protection, multi-tier deduplication, blockchain notarization, and off-host backup operations.

What is Backblaze Business Backup?

Backblaze headquartered in San Mateo, California offers continuous, automatic cloud backup for personal and business use. Backblaze Business Backup consists of cloud solutions to safeguard systems and files (e.g Veeam, Servers, NAS, Workstations).

What is Datto SIRIS?

Datto SIRIS is a BCDR solution built for MSPs to prevent data loss and minimize downtime. Utilizing a cloud-first approach, MSPs can offer their clients local backup and recovery with a cloud-based repository and full disaster recovery in the cloud. All of this administered from a multi-tenant cloud portal that allows MSPs to view, manage and recover client data from a single interface.

The vendor states simplicity is a guiding design principle for SIRIS. From deployment flexibility that spans a software-only implementation to hardened backup appliances, MSPs can implement the solution that fits their client’s requirements. SIRIS cross-platform support enables MSPs to protect their client’s data anywhere it lives, from physical servers to virtual machines running Windows Server or Linux.

Features include:
• Inverse Chain Technology™ for reliable backup
• Patented ransomware scanning
• Patented Screenshot Verification for recovery assurance
• Recovery Launchpad for failproof recovery
• Patented Fast Failback™ to the primary system after a disaster
• Instant virtualization recovery, local or in the cloud

Datto SIRIS Features

• Supported: File Restore
  • Supported: Bare Metal Restore
  • Supported: Backup Insights

Datto SIRIS Videos

Disasters come in many different forms. With Datto Continuity, MSPs get everything they need to protect business data including 100% confidence in your backups, ransomware detection & recovery, Restore options for any disaster scenario, and more!
SIRIS Explainer

Datto SIRIS Integrations

Datto SIRIS Competitors

Datto SIRIS Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise
Operating SystemsWindows, Linux

Compare with

What is Datto SIRIS?

What is Datto SIRIS's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 7.7.

Who uses Datto SIRIS?

The most common users of Datto SIRIS are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Jon Daley | TrustRadius Reviewer
I tried to use the Alto device for unmonitored, automatic backups for a Legal Team that needed hourly backups for quick, virtual, bare metal restore in the case of a disaster.
We use Datto File Protection on our internal workstations, servers, and client machines. Datto is a trusted name in the backup space, so we decided to test out their solution internally before deploying it to our clients. The behind the scenes data backups to the cloud ensure minimal disruption in the event of a hardware failure.
Rob Rotundo | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Datto in house to back up our data. We have 13 servers being backed up hourly by an SP2000 device which we have had for several years. We find this image based solution the best solution when it comes to backups. Not only can we go back to restores every hour, but we can go back to the first image we created of the server. Granted, this is not an archive as some people view backups. That's a whole different ballgame, but for what it is, Datto gives us peace of mind that our data is backed up consistently and properly.
We use Datto SIRIS BCDR products at several of our MSP clients. It is a Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery appliance; in short it provides on-premises and cloud backups of critical servers, data and applications, and allows rapid recovery & virtualized on-premises or cloud recovery, in the event of an outage, data deletion, or disaster.
April 30, 2021

Datto Review

Ashley Beal | TrustRadius Reviewer
In our organization we use Datto personally for our company and we also resell them to our customers. Datto addresses our backup needs. With having Datto we no longer have to worry about losing data should a device go down and not come back up. We also like providing this encouragement to our customers.
Adam Friedli | TrustRadius Reviewer
Of the supported clients, only one uses Datto. However, they are smaller and the more commonly used solutions were out of their price range. Datto offered a great backup solution that also fit their budget. In our experience, it worked very well and kept consistent backups without any problems. We never ran into any backups problems causing backup chains being lost. It has been quite solid.
We resell Datto for backup and disaster recovery services to our customers. They are our main vendor for backups. We also use it internally to protect our own server. It addresses issues of both simple file recovery as well as full disaster recovery scenarios.
I've used Datto to backup the entire enterprise, all servers and data, and sync it to the cloud. IT are the only ones with access, but it affects everyone in every department essentially, since they all have data on the servers or require the servers to remain up and functional. With Datto, I know I can always spin up a VM right on the box in case of a failure, or in worst case scenarios, run them from the cloud.
Dale Bradford | TrustRadius Reviewer
Datto is being used as part of our backup and disaster recovery solution. It takes image-level backups of our servers, and in the event of an issue, we can virtualize right on the appliance, export to VHDX files (others are supported as well), or virtualize in the cloud should the appliance be compromised.
Datto is an onsite appliance that provides complete failover should something happen to a server. I have lost files I use on my workstation that is saved on the server, and within minutes was able to have the corrupted files pushed back to the server from the Datto. Depending on the size of Datto a client goes with, they can provide coverage for a single server or a server with multiple VM and other workstations, if so desired.
Datto is in our organization to backup Windows (Server 2012 and 2016) and Linux servers. It is the primary backup system we use. Datto SIRIS device is used together with the Datto client as well as an older ShadowSnap agent. Datto provides both file and bare-metal restore capabilities as well as off-site replication. Most of our backup needs are filled by Datto.
We provide Datto as a service to our customers, specifically companies in the Hospitality market. We send our customers the Datto devices, and we implement it and manage the backups to make sure that everything is working properly, and that our customers' data is up to date and secure. We value Datto especially for its business continuity functionalities that allow our customers to be covered and resolve any issues they might have in a timely manner when having a disaster scenario.
January 31, 2019

Datto Suite of Products

Justin Weller | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a 100% Datto shop. I use their PSA, RMM and the BCDR solutions that they have across the board. For a single entity freelancer, their suite of products just can't be beat. The products are the easiest to setup and maintain that I have seen in my experience, and their support is top notch. The single sign-on solution for all of their products makes it extremely easy for me to automate my business. Bottom line, this company not only SAVES me time and money, but their marketing solution to help you drip market on either social media or through email is phenomenal and actually MAKES you money. As a product, they do a great job but do an even better job for their partners. As a channel only company, their number one focus from day one was to help me grow my business using their products. I can't say enough good things about their products or ethics.
Jason Rojas | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am an in-house IT manager and a team of one. Thankfully the majority of my infrastructure is in the cloud but like I said: a team of one. Datto is my RMM and my source of information on my computer hardware. This solution is in the cloud and allows me to manage my computers from anywhere.
We currently use Datto as a backup and Disaster Recovery solution for many of our clients. Datto allows for backup on premise and to their datacenters allowing you to quickly recover from data loss or a disaster that may impact your business. In an age of crypto malware, Datto allows for peace of mind when protecting your data.
Alex Farling | TrustRadius Reviewer
My company resells Datto to some of our clients. We rolled it out less than a year ago alongside one of their competitors and have found that Datto consistently outperforms the competition. We get fewer issues on the Datto clients, and the issues are often resolved by support before we even notify them that we missed a backup.
My organization resells, implements and supports all Datto solutions as part of a managed service or professional services agreement. We have found the most success in small to mid-sized companies with small IT departments, and even smaller IT budgets. The Datto appliance is a great BCDR appliance that has the ability to quickly spin-up a downed server on the Datto appliance or in various cloud environments.
Stana Steen | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using the Datto Siris and Datto NAS in our office and we sell all the Datto line to our clients. Datto is our Business Continuity Solution. The biggest reason we have stayed with Datto is because it just works. We have had to run off of a server virtualized on our Datto Siris for more than a month due to parts issues with one of our servers and the Datto performed just as if it was the server and continued to perform backups hourly.
Derek Schroeder | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have implemented Datto appliances at numerous clients and they are one of the leading BDR appliances on the market. The killer feature of the Datto appliance is the ability to quickly spin up a downed server on the Datto hardware. This minimizes downtime while repairing the failed server.
December 22, 2017

Datto Backup Review

We are a reseller of Datto. Datto is used for backup and true disaster recovery. Backups and restores are very easy/quick and the appliances check backup integrity nightly (including spinning up of VMs on the appliance itself and sending an email of completion). Cloud management of this product in a multi-tenant environment is straightforward and time saving for our engineers.