VerticalResponse

VerticalResponse

VerticalResponse from Deluxe

What is VerticalResponse?

• Email deliverability reporting (14)
    10.0
  • List management (7)
    10.0
  • Standard reports (8)
    9.4
  • Dashboards (8)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of VerticalResponse, and make your voice heard!

Basic

Pro

Pro Plus

per month

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $9 per month

Email & Online Marketing

Reporting & Analytics

9.4

What is VerticalResponse?

VerticalResponse is a full-service email marketing platform from Deluxe. In addition to providing email marketing tools, VerticalResponse offers fully managed email marketing services from campaign launch and management to reporting and analysis.

Key Features

VerticalResponse Integrations

VerticalResponse Competitors

VerticalResponse Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

VerticalResponse is an email campaign management software and services platform from Deluxe. In addition to providing email marketing tools, VerticalResponse offers fully managed email marketing services from campaign launch and management to reporting and analysis. VerticalResponse is a Deluxe brand (acquired 2013).

VerticalResponse starts at $9.

Mapp Digital, Bronto Marketing Platform (discontinued), and Constant Contact are common alternatives for VerticalResponse.

Reviewers rate Dynamic content and Ability to test dynamic content and Email deliverability reporting highest, with a score of 10.

The most common users of VerticalResponse are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Genie Forkner | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Excellent reporting features.
  • Easy list management.
  • Simple user interface.
  • I'd like to see more options in the template gallery.
  • The newer V2 version can be a little glitchy when arranging elements.
  • Backgrounds can be a little tricky to customize.
July 07, 2019

Very happy customer

Jeya Chelliah | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Easy to design their email template.
  • Easy to upload your email list.
  • Easy to schedule your email campaign.
  • Good customer service.
  • They can improve on the tracking information.
  • Need to fine tune their unsubscribe links.
  • Need more customized email templates.
  • Allows us to have a centralized database of customers.
  • Allows us to send out emergency emails in a few minutes.
  • Provides us with stats to see who opened the emails and how they are performing.
  • There isn't anything that I feel should be changed.
Maggie Karl | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Vertical Response provided our email platform for free as a nonprofit grant
  • Vertical Response was very editable and 100% customizable
  • It was easy to edit text and add as many pictures as we wanted
  • For an end user and not a designer, Vertical Response was not as user friendly as other email platforms I have used
Nichole Fabbro | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • The tools that they provide you with for building out emails are particularly easy to use. I love the drag and drop ability that gives anyone the opportunity to build professional looking emails without any extensive experience.
  • With the majority of people checking emails on mobile, it is necessary to have highly responsive designs and this tool does all the work for you, no developer is needed and that is a MAJOR plus.
  • In the way I use Vertical Response I have not run into any issues thus far. I have not tried to do anything too complex yet which is probably why.
  • I love the ease of list builder because we often times have a lot of data to import. It would be simply impossible without this tool, considering the amount of customer data we have for any one given email.
  • We really enjoy the ease of use of the HTML wizard as well. It helps even a novice be able to make a beautiful and attention grabbing email.
  • The dashboard is functional and easy to find when you need with a quick search.
  • Truly, for our business, there are not many things that Vertical Response could improve on to make us recommend it more. I can't think of any complaints.
Anna Alioto | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Easy to use.
  • Good Templates.
  • Inexpensive - pay as you use.
  • Web-based so can use anywhere.
  • Not enough space between articles, I have to use a line with **** to create a break between articles. Even though they have a horizonal line, it does not work well, would be better if you could make the horizontal line thicker and with color.
  • I use specific templates, but would be nice to see more templates with the same layout for seasons, if I go to change the template for a holiday season, it messes us my contact information below, so instead, I just add a holiday image to my template.
  • If you use words with an apostrophe, like the words don't or I've, the apostrophe is not recognized, so the word comes out with a "amp$#" something like that, so when I review the draft, I have to go in and change the words to "do not and I have" eliminating the apostrophe.
Billy Woody | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • It was great for keeping a DB of customers and to be able to update quickly.
  • The web tools available that allowed us to create online signups was very helpful.
  • The ability to create multiple programs at once was very helpful.
  • Maybe more templates for the restaurant industry or more templates in general.
  • An easier to use editor for the web based email.
  • A desktop version to work offline.
Barbara Gross | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Use Vertical Response for tracking response rates on department surveys.
  • Graphics and charting for comparative data are great.
  • Email is easy to use - link to surveys.
  • Hard to see which survey was the most recent - in reports they come up in random order.
Yolanda Vann | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • It sends email to your supporters email address and Facebook inboxes
  • Drag and drop let's you make the emails easily but you can also use HTLM
  • Good selection of email templates to chose from
  • I doesn't allow you to link to all social media, the only choices are Facebook and Twitter. They should include instagram, linkedin, etc.
December 16, 2013

Easy for a Novice!

Kerry Flory | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • I admittedly am a limited user of Vertical Response. I do the data entry for our mailing lists, and we use Vertical Response fairly minimally. I think the interface is fairly easy for someone with limited experience to start using. If your staff has any sort of database management or mailing list management experience, they should be able to pick up using the application fairly well.
  • Vertical Response allows you to quickly/easily search for people on the list to update details of their entry.
  • Vertical Response has a simple dashboard that allows you to see the response to your most recent e-mails or to jump to another of the mailing, reporting, or list management functions.
  • The type face is small. Not sure if this is to avoid overwhelming the reader, but I could see this being an issue with vision-impaired people or people who don't see small print well.
  • Sometimes I find it takes multiple clicks to make one simple change. I wish there was a search field at the top of the screen that allowed me to jump directly to a client's entry to update it there.
  • Vertical Response model of charging is better for our use case. We only send out emails once a year and are not interested in regular mailings.
  • Integration with Salesforce.com make usage easier
  • Easy to set up templates.
  • It would be good if we could actually send attachments in the email that gets sent out, rather than rely on a link.
  • Creates professional looking email marketing campaigns
  • Efficiently and accurately keeps track of contacts
  • Generates usable reports and analytics
  • More intuitive design features for newsletter templates
  • Continue to improve online help resources
  • Continue to provide more resources for social media
Richard Wagner | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Multiple methods for our users to send messages. We have users who use the Vertical Response software along with our in-house application (connecting to VR's API) to send messages to our guests
  • Cost effective solution that allows us to combine our marketing efforts for our properties at a greatly reduced cost then their previous processes.
  • Allowing us to pull response data into our data warehouse to analyze conversion rates on messages to track what does and doesn't work
  • When sending multiple large messages (50k) through the API around the same time, the messages sometimes are delayed in getting sent out by 20-30 minutes as it's processing the data.
  • More integrated solution for managing people who want to opt-out of only certain messages. Right now, the only option using the unsubscribe link embedded in the message is to remove them entirely. So if we want to manage user preferences so they only get what they want, we have to include 2 links for managing this.
Aubrey Blankenship | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • VR has great templates that do not require HTML skills to use.
  • Easy to upload and manage contacts.
  • Provides a simple user interface that makes it easy to learn.
  • They offer a great product for the price.
  • To keep up with the competition, Vertical Response should add a marketing automation feature.
  • Vertical Response should enhance its product to offer list segmentation.
  • It's been a few years since I last used Vertical Response but I remember it was a little more clunky than some other email marketing platforms.
Holly Kile | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Vertical Response allows the user to segment lists in a variety of ways making it easy to reach exactly the right target within your email community.
  • Vertical Response allows users of different levels the ability to create dynamic emails so even the novice can produce quality output.
  • Vertical Response is a cost-effective way for companies to manage their email marketing budget.
  • Navigating the support options is a little tricky but once you figure out how it's laid out, you're golden.
Melanie Zilles, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Analytics provide a way to track engagement.
  • Social Sharing is very easy/ automatized.
  • VR provides a pay as you go option for businesses with irregular/ low volume email marketing.
  • The WYSIWYG editor is easy to use, but is somewhat limited as well.
  • Templates are somewhat difficult to personalize/ customize.
  • Sometimes the test message arrives in different fonts throughout the email even when the preview screen does not show it.
Kristin Hersant | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • The Salesforce.com integration is some of the best in the industry. Vertical Response makes it very easy to pull lists directly from SFDC and write back campaign data post campaign.
  • The product is easy to use and the price point is amazingly low for the quality of product that you receive.
  • There is no ability to customize the footer. They are trying to ensure CAN-SPAM compliance, but the implementation is a little too prescribed.
  • The bounce reporting doesn't break down why each individual email bounced, it just lumps them all into one category. This makes it challenging to manage email lists.