Reviews (51-75 of 98)
- Opportunity alerts, or intent data. It's the best way to incorporate AI into marketing! Know what accounts are searching for before they even hit your website, if at all.
- Technology stack and IT departments. There are many services out there that do the same thing, but they can't compete if your target audience is the IT department of enterprise businesses.
- List building and filtering. You can filter on just about anything and it happens in the background in real time. The integration into Dynamics is also pretty brilliant.
- Search. The search doesn't pull up the relevant accounts or contacts all the time. If you could search a person's name, followed by the company they are employed at, so you can see if they are in there, it would be ideal. Accounts should have their headquarter city or another identifying data point to help you know you're clicking on the right one.
- The integration to Dynamics CRM could be better, but I am aware it's in the works. Right now it's difficult to tell what data has been updated in Dynamics. You just know it was updated, period. So if their phone number changed, for example, you won't know.
- The contact information is spot on
- It's easy to search and find the person you're looking for
- It is quick and easy to see your prospects org chart and know who to go after
- The proactive alerting could use some work
- Would love to know where they get some of the "triggers" intel - source callout would be cool
- Would love a Mobile app!
- Opp Alerts - such an awesome tool to get notified about new contact information!
- Scheduled triggers that notifies users on all account activity and keeps them up to date on key contacts so that when someone leaves an organization, joins one, or is ready to buy software like yours.
- Exportable contact reports.
- We have been finding that it is hard to find information on a lot of companies/orgs that aren't over 10,000 employees.
- It's a very robust platform - there's a lot to learn how to do and it can be a lot to remember how it works.
- Data accuracy - while Discover.org may be more expensive than other solutions the data is spot on.
- Integration with SFDC - simple, easy, fast, and keeps our salespeople focused.
- Alerts - our salespeople heavily leverage this feature.
- Expensive (but worth it).
- Making sure that you understand what data set you've purchased and how that it fits your needs.
- Mid and SMB buildout - they are working on it but lightweight.
- Triggers are a great way to uncover projects or potential projects at a company as well as title updates of contacts that either changed roles or left the company.
- Opp Alerts is a great way to enter key words to find opportunities within a specific company or industry that you are targeting.
- Bulk Match is very helpful when looking up multiple companies at the same time rather than doing them one by one.
- Additional companies may be an area that DiscoverOrg looks at. Although they have the majority of them, they do not have them all.
- Make the search company information a little more user friendly. I do find myself getting confused sometimes when trying to advanced search company information due to the amount of tabs that could be condensed.
- It provides IT size and estimated budget.
- It provides IT contacts and other C-Level contacts.
- Sometimes it is hard to find the right company or contact. I am trying to look up companies that I already have in my prospecting list in our CRM system. So some of them are hard to find if I can find them at all. They may just not be big enough or may not have any IT dept to work with. It may be a mix of size, industry, and roles. I’m not too sure.
- I know a few things are a little hard to navigate with when it comes to the interface… but I am constantly learning on how to use different parts of DiscoverOrg.
- The format of the Org charts are pretty solid.
- If the company you are looking for happens to be in their database, the contact info is pretty good. IF it's in their database.
- Customer service is terrible. They are not clear on their contract terms and try to hold you hostage when you try to cancel.
- Communication - They did not send any communication regarding the renewal. The auto-renewal language is not listed in the actual document we signed. And they even raised our pricing without notification or consent.
- Size and number of companies in their database is not what we have seen from other vendors.
- Relevant, verified contact information
- Tools for account based outreach
- Simple and effective search tools
- Installed technology information is lacking detail (i.e. who in the company is involved in using/administering the tool)
- Integration to CRM could definitely be improved
- There could always be more contacts... we've seen missing contacts at time.
- Triggers and filters for the triggers
- Technology tab is amazingly helpful!
- The direct lines! Absolutely amazing!
- I think they need more tutorials to be able to use the amazing features. Little videos would be amazing
- DiscoverOrg "nests" the hierarchy of our prospective clients, allowing me to view their org structures fairly accurately.
- DiscoverOrg provides an easy-to-use Web interface.
- DiscoverOrg provides excellent customer support though its dedicated CSM model. (Yea! Go Aaron!)
- DiscoverOrg refreshes its data through perpetual data mining.
- DiscoverOrg could try to implement an easier tool for users like myself to provide updates about contacts who have moved on from a prospect company when I encounter them.
- DiscoverOrg could integrate with Zoho Campaign.
- DiscoverOrg could improve its pricing. Hey, cheaper is better, right?
- Triggers - Allowing me to reach out to companies during events with a higher likelihood of needing our services.
- OppAlerts - Similar to triggers, but creating even HOTTER leads to follow up on.
- Intelligence - The amount of information you can filter by allows you to really drill down into the correct prospects, from technology used company-wise, to personal responsibilities to discover correct decision makers.
- Interface - Sometimes the interface seems slow and clunky. Maybe some simplication and less frills to allow for faster browsing
- Tiggers - Sometimes it seems the person associated with these triggers is not actually working on them once I reach out.
- Great profiling of employees, their responsibilities, how they fit into the organizational structure, and the technology that they are involved with.
- Constantly updating and refreshing information to ensure data is not stale.
- Helping to understand complex corporate structures when parent companies and subsidiaries are involved, identifying relationships and how to utilize relationships.
- Great CRM integration to keep sales and marketing members inside of our Salesforce instance while providing the same experience as the standalone site.
- Depth of international profiles. Things are still being improved after the iProfile acquisition quickly, but not nearly as robust as the US.
- Accuracy of data is extremely good.
- Customer service is exceptional, responding to requests in a day or less.
- Variety of industries is quite extensive.
- DiscoverOrg lacks in sourcing data from foreign countries.
- Alerts and Triggers could have a simpler functionality.
- TEDD/IT should be consolidated into one category.
- Org. Charts: Typically these are very accurate and help us to identify key decision makers.
- Contact Info: DiscoverOrg does a great job of giving me accurate contact information like direct dial, mobile, email, and LinkedIn Profile.
- Research Requests: Whenever I submit a research request, I typically receive a response within 24 hours. Most of the time I receive the info that I requested.
- Technologies: Sometimes there are missing technologies that I know an organization uses based on my discussions with them.
- Responsibilities: Sometimes there is very vague information about what a particular contact's role is within an organization.
- Real Time Triggers - Accurate pain points, buying cycles, and management changes.
- Org charts - Not just 411 data, but complete insight into who reports to whom, titles, seniority, and areas of responsibility - three very different metrics in the IT world!
- Their people - Well trained, and caring. Of all vendors that I have ever used, if I could emulate one culture - it's theirs!
- Webinars and content - DiscoverOrg finds great partners to provide additional content of value.
- The translation of some of the data could use some attentions. Apostrophes come through as a character and has to be corrected. There are some inconsistencies to how names are reported - mainly with respect to where and how nicknames and maiden names are reported. Not a big deal, but slows the prospecting a bit.
- It would be nice if all exports could default to Excel and not only CSV.
- The pick lists could be better organized/categorized. I would recommend having better category headers. Example: Take all of the more granular titles and put them under a general header that can be taken in full, not at all, or hand-selected from a drop down. Examples: Security, App-Dev, BI, etc. These are not good prospects for me, so I'd simply pass on them. IT, Contact Center, etc., would apply, so I'd either take all, or select from within. In summary, less individual selection.
- It would be nice if pick selections and trigger criteria could be made to default to a user's preferences on every logon without having to save a search. It gets cumbersome, and the criteria in my case (and in previous roles) it fairly static from search-to-search.
- By the way, as a long-term user I`m being rather not-picky here. none of these are need to haves or deal-breakers. They would be "nice-to-haves" though.
- Trigger Alerts - helpful tool that provides extra insight into company backgrounds and movement.
- Consistently updated - helps provide a level of confidence in data that is within DORG
- Ease of use - platform is easy to navigate, easy to search, and easy to prospect.
- Company info is accurate 100% of the time
- Expanding over more industries.
- Ability to give rating of data provided
- Last updated date posted
- Verifies all of their information.
- Trigger alerts can be set up per team member to focus on one particular item at a time.
- You can customize your own dashboard.
- Sometimes it can be hard to find an address or certain person, you might have to do some digging.
- Provide accurate contact information and real time triggers for buy signs.
- Assign a dedicated customer success member that is there for you.
- Ease of use and always updating and getting feedback from end users to improve their product
- The UI can be improved but it does not prevent my workflow.
- Trigger alerts are very detailed and timely
- Customizable dashboards for each user
- Ability to use for account based sales or as a general sales organization
- Continuity from the sales process through account management - not needing to fill in the account manager [to] ok things discussed as important through the sales process
DiscoverOrg Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
DiscoverOrg is a sales and marketing intelligence tool used by the top technology vendors, staffing companies and consultants targeting IT, finance, marketing, engineering, technology and product development departments of Fortune-ranked, mid-market, and SMB companies in North America and Europe.
Offered in the form of a constantly refreshed database, DiscoverOrg specializes in mapping out the org charts, including verified email addresses, direct-dial phone numbers, reporting structure, new projects and initiatives, and technology installed base. Each of the decision makers in the DiscoverOrg database are updated and refreshed by the company’s team of in-house researchers at least once every 90 days, enabling customers to reach the right person at the right company with the right message. DiscoverOrg says it is committed to creating a family of integrations with top sales enablement tools to support their customers' full technology stack.
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
DiscoverOrg Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
DiscoverOrg Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||North America, Global|