DiscoverOrg Reviews

Brooke Browne | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 29, 2017

Worth the investment

We're using DiscoverOrg within our sales and marketing teams. Our leadership also has access to monitor account opportunities only. We are migrating to an account based marketing strategy and need detailed data on the accounts to target them effectively. We also are seeking ways to expand our outbound marketing efforts to new clients.
  • Opportunity alerts, or intent data. It's the best way to incorporate AI into marketing! Know what accounts are searching for before they even hit your website, if at all.
  • Technology stack and IT departments. There are many services out there that do the same thing, but they can't compete if your target audience is the IT department of enterprise businesses.
  • List building and filtering. You can filter on just about anything and it happens in the background in real time. The integration into Dynamics is also pretty brilliant.
  • Search. The search doesn't pull up the relevant accounts or contacts all the time. If you could search a person's name, followed by the company they are employed at, so you can see if they are in there, it would be ideal. Accounts should have their headquarter city or another identifying data point to help you know you're clicking on the right one.
  • The integration to Dynamics CRM could be better, but I am aware it's in the works. Right now it's difficult to tell what data has been updated in Dynamics. You just know it was updated, period. So if their phone number changed, for example, you won't know.
It's ideal for product or solutions that target IT departments within medium to large businesses.
Read Brooke Browne's full review
Jordan Cooper | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 18, 2017

DOrg - GET IT NOW

We use DiscoverOrg across our entire organization. It helps us address customer needs, figure out what is going on in the market, compare companies, and accelerate the overall sales process year after year. I personally use DiscoverOrg to access a prospect's social media and connect on a more personal level, alleviating the stress that goes along with sales.
  • Prospect Information Gathering
  • Providing Accurate Information
  • Fixing Inaccuracies
  • More lines of business
  • Allowing companies to opt out if they do not wish to be contacted
  • More UGC
Marketing, sales, prospecting, information gathering, meeting prep, warm introductions, etc.
Read Jordan Cooper's full review
Charles Lovette | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 12, 2017

DiscoverOrg - Easy to use SFDC Plugin

Use Datanyze to for lead prospecting for our CRM. DiscoverOrg is being used across our sales team.
  • Plugin to Salesforce
  • Verify information
  • Set up event triggers
  • Verify information more often
  • Easier to read dashboard
Profiled leads on DiscoverOrg integrate easily into Salesforce to reduce time spent finding lead information.
Read Charles Lovette's full review
Robert Oram | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 28, 2017

Discoverorg should be DiscoverOpportunity/Revenue!

DiscoverOrg is used by all Business Development reps and field sales reps. It's been a key to my success in closing multi-million dollar deals.
  • The contact information is spot on
  • It's easy to search and find the person you're looking for
  • It is quick and easy to see your prospects org chart and know who to go after
  • The proactive alerting could use some work
  • Would love to know where they get some of the "triggers" intel - source callout would be cool
  • Would love a Mobile app!
Well suited if you leverage email campaigns and want to ensure the correct email address. Also good if you want to ensure a correct phone number. Not well suited if you don't sell a product.
Read Robert Oram's full review
Alicia Busse | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 20, 2017

Great tool for account based sales outreach!

We're using DiscoverOrg within our sales and marketing team and we are now diving into an account based marketing strategy. We needed clean and detailed data and access to current contacts on accounts to target them effectively. This is also helping us to expand our outbound marketing efforts to our target market.
  • Opp Alerts - such an awesome tool to get notified about new contact information!
  • Scheduled triggers that notifies users on all account activity and keeps them up to date on key contacts so that when someone leaves an organization, joins one, or is ready to buy software like yours.
  • Exportable contact reports.
  • We have been finding that it is hard to find information on a lot of companies/orgs that aren't over 10,000 employees.
  • It's a very robust platform - there's a lot to learn how to do and it can be a lot to remember how it works.
Well suited for account based outbound sales and marketing strategies.
Read Alicia Busse's full review
Melissa Warner | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 02, 2017

Long time DiscoverOrg user/admin

Our marketing department and sales departments LIVE in DiscoverOrg. We use it for sales prospecting, building of heat maps for quarterly business reviews, and of course sales research. We find that the research results far exceed many other services. With our integration into SFDC it keeps our salespeople up to date on their assigned accounts and at their fingertips.
  • Data accuracy - while Discover.org may be more expensive than other solutions the data is spot on.
  • Integration with SFDC - simple, easy, fast, and keeps our salespeople focused.
  • Alerts - our salespeople heavily leverage this feature.
  • Expensive (but worth it).
  • Making sure that you understand what data set you've purchased and how that it fits your needs.
  • Mid and SMB buildout - they are working on it but lightweight.
You pay for the research; teams find email addresses, company info, phone numbers, etc. This helps ensure that much of the data is relevant. Being in the enterprise space, one of the best components is the hierarchy functionality. This allows us to quickly find the correct decision makers and team members that will be involved within that process. Their support/customer success teams are amazing - we hold regular training sessions/updates with our sales team and I consistently have 90% turnout because of the power of this tool.
Read Melissa Warner's full review
Cynthia Randolph | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 18, 2017

DiscoverOrg is a winner!!

DiscoverOrg is an extremely necessary tool for my everyday functions in my role. I use it every single day and could not be happier. Opp Alerts is something that I am now using and is so beneficial. I actually got my first opportunity 2 weeks ago using Opp Alerts in DiscoverOrg. The contact information is very accurate and on the off chance you find a contact with an incorrect direct dial, they will fix it right away. I truly don't know what I would do if I did not have DiscoverOrg and not sure how I worked as long as I did without it! It is great for lead generation, contact look up and direct dial and email information, triggers within accounts that you are following or are targeting etc. This tool is open from the time I walk in the door until I log out at the end of my day. I would recommend DiscoverOrg to anyone in a sales and/or marketing role.
  • Triggers are a great way to uncover projects or potential projects at a company as well as title updates of contacts that either changed roles or left the company.
  • Opp Alerts is a great way to enter key words to find opportunities within a specific company or industry that you are targeting.
  • Bulk Match is very helpful when looking up multiple companies at the same time rather than doing them one by one.
  • Additional companies may be an area that DiscoverOrg looks at. Although they have the majority of them, they do not have them all.
  • Make the search company information a little more user friendly. I do find myself getting confused sometimes when trying to advanced search company information due to the amount of tabs that could be condensed.
DiscoverOrg is best suited for contact information, triggers for companies and opp alerts. I do go elsewhere when looking for company information as I don't believe that is the strong suit here.
Read Cynthia Randolph's full review
Ashly Hershfield | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 24, 2017

Discover what DiscoverOrg did for me!

We use DiscoverOrg to prospect and find new contacts for our sales teams.
  • Correct contact infomation
  • Company information
  • Good top alerts
  • Update contact more quickly
  • Support
  • More active projects
Any time we get contacts from an event, if we need to know more about that person's duties and responsibilities.
Read Ashly Hershfield's full review
Kayla Latulippe | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 28, 2017

I recommend DiscoverOrg.

We use DiscoverOrg throughout our organization. I personally use it to prospect companies to call and connect with. The companies are anywhere from 50-249 users.
  • It provides IT size and estimated budget.
  • It provides IT contacts and other C-Level contacts.
  • Sometimes it is hard to find the right company or contact. I am trying to look up companies that I already have in my prospecting list in our CRM system. So some of them are hard to find if I can find them at all. They may just not be big enough or may not have any IT dept to work with. It may be a mix of size, industry, and roles. I’m not too sure.
  • I know a few things are a little hard to navigate with when it comes to the interface… but I am constantly learning on how to use different parts of DiscoverOrg.
No specific scenario; however, there are many different times that I was able to find the right person to contact because DiscoverOrg had the information for me.
Read Kayla Latulippe's full review
Kevin Kent | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 16, 2017

Buyer beware of using DiscoverOrg

We are no longer using Discoverorg but had been for the past few years. We used it for our entire sales team as a prospecting tool.
  • The format of the Org charts are pretty solid.
  • If the company you are looking for happens to be in their database, the contact info is pretty good. IF it's in their database.
  • Customer service is terrible. They are not clear on their contract terms and try to hold you hostage when you try to cancel.
  • Communication - They did not send any communication regarding the renewal. The auto-renewal language is not listed in the actual document we signed. And they even raised our pricing without notification or consent.
  • Size and number of companies in their database is not what we have seen from other vendors.
Our target is location based businesses and there is no option to search or sort results to identify which companies are right for our sales team. We asked for this feature over 2 years ago and were told it was "coming" but to date it is not part of the offering.
Read Kevin Kent's full review
Jeff Garon | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 14, 2017

Probably the best prospecting tool on the market

We are using DiscoverOrg primarily for prospecting needs (i.e. list generation and contact info) for our SDR and sales team, to help us identify target companies and the relevant contacts within those companies. We also use it for data cleansing within our CRM for both sales and marketing needs. We may explore actual integrations with our technology to streamline processes too.
  • Relevant, verified contact information
  • Tools for account based outreach
  • Simple and effective search tools
  • Installed technology information is lacking detail (i.e. who in the company is involved in using/administering the tool)
  • Integration to CRM could definitely be improved
  • There could always be more contacts... we've seen missing contacts at time.
It's a great tool for anyone who needs to generate prospect lists for IT sales.
Read Jeff Garon's full review
Annette Ochoa | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 13, 2017

DiscoverOrg has Amazing Data

DiscoverOrg is used to source new business and the right contacts for our organization. The sales team mainly uses DiscoverOrg and it has helped us get into Fortune 500 accounts. They update their data constantly and have amazing insight into what is going on within the company. It really helps us land in a company at the perfect moment using the Triggers and the technology.
  • Triggers and filters for the triggers
  • Technology tab is amazingly helpful!
  • The direct lines! Absolutely amazing!
  • I think they need more tutorials to be able to use the amazing features. Little videos would be amazing
It is well suited for companies who want amazing information into companies they are prospecting into as new accounts. If you are doing account management, it could help you find new people to expand your influence within the company, but I see it helping with new prospect accounts more than current clients.
Read Annette Ochoa's full review
Brian Charles  MBA, MS | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 02, 2017

DiscoverORg: Simply the best prospecting and lead-management tool for Sales professionals

DiscoverOrg is being used by the small but growing sales organization within my company. Additionally, senior management uses DiscoverOrg. The tool allows us to discover relationships and connection points into prospective client organizations. Mainly, our use of DiscoverOrg revolves around identifying prospects and targeting them for subsequent communications and engagements (e.g. email, Twitter, other social media, F2F).
  • DiscoverOrg "nests" the hierarchy of our prospective clients, allowing me to view their org structures fairly accurately.
  • DiscoverOrg provides an easy-to-use Web interface.
  • DiscoverOrg provides excellent customer support though its dedicated CSM model. (Yea! Go Aaron!)
  • DiscoverOrg refreshes its data through perpetual data mining.
  • DiscoverOrg could try to implement an easier tool for users like myself to provide updates about contacts who have moved on from a prospect company when I encounter them.
  • DiscoverOrg could integrate with Zoho Campaign.
  • DiscoverOrg could improve its pricing. Hey, cheaper is better, right?
It is well suited for first-level mapping of a prospect organization. It is also suited for feeding it a list of prospect companies' URLs using the Bulk Upload feature (super easy!) to see if they are available in DiscoverOrg. Other less-appropriate or less-useful features include the switch from the earlier interface to the new interface. That was problematic for some users (not me).
Read Brian Charles MBA, MS's full review
Ryan McCarty | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 24, 2017

DiscoverOrg rocks!

Our outbound sales staff is using DiscoverOrg to build lists to call, as well as lists for creating email campaigns to targeted companies.
  • Triggers - Allowing me to reach out to companies during events with a higher likelihood of needing our services.
  • OppAlerts - Similar to triggers, but creating even HOTTER leads to follow up on.
  • Intelligence - The amount of information you can filter by allows you to really drill down into the correct prospects, from technology used company-wise, to personal responsibilities to discover correct decision makers.
  • Interface - Sometimes the interface seems slow and clunky. Maybe some simplication and less frills to allow for faster browsing
  • Tiggers - Sometimes it seems the person associated with these triggers is not actually working on them once I reach out.
When looking to build specific, targeted lists for your outbound team, DiscoverOrg shines. There are also many opportunities to not only target the correct companies but target them at the correct time which I think is key. I recommend an open dialogue with your customer success manager to utilize the software to its fullest capability.
Read Ryan McCarty's full review
Cyrus Moody | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 16, 2017

DO is great!

I use DiscoverOrg to help our organization with finding the correct decision makers and get us direct contact information. It is very accurate and the Chrome plugin makes it very easy to use.
  • Org Charts
  • Accurate data
  • Support
  • Pop ups in the way
  • Needs more company technology insight
Suited for business development.
Read Cyrus Moody's full review
Kyle Husni | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 20, 2017

Essential for teams focusing on Account-Based Strategy!

DiscoverOrg is currently being used primarily by our sales and marketing organization to help with identifying key contacts and information about potential customers and even further scoping our current customer. It not only bridges the gap on an employee basis but also alerts us on upcoming projects and spending trends amongst industries.
  • Great profiling of employees, their responsibilities, how they fit into the organizational structure, and the technology that they are involved with.
  • Constantly updating and refreshing information to ensure data is not stale.
  • Helping to understand complex corporate structures when parent companies and subsidiaries are involved, identifying relationships and how to utilize relationships.
  • Great CRM integration to keep sales and marketing members inside of our Salesforce instance while providing the same experience as the standalone site.
  • Depth of international profiles. Things are still being improved after the iProfile acquisition quickly, but not nearly as robust as the US.
DiscoverOrg is a great fit for almost every sales or marketing organization. Instead of being stale with one-time list purchases, having access to their database and expertise is essential to attack key accounts especially when using an account-based strategy across marketing and sales.
Read Kyle Husni's full review
LeAnn Perkins | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 15, 2017

LDR Review

I use DiscoverOrg to find contacts. It helps our organization with finding the correct decision makers and getting us direct contact information. Also, it's highly accurate! The Chrome plugin makes it very easy to use.
  • Finds contacts/decision makers
  • Having accurate information
  • Prospecting
  • Sometime I can't copy and paste directly.
It's great for finding prospects and cold calling/sending e-mail.
Read LeAnn Perkins's full review
Stephen Budlong | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 26, 2017

The Best Data

DiscoverOrg is used across our inside sales department to prospect and source new leads. Our previous database had outdated and inaccurate data that did little to improve our sales process. When comparing DiscoverOrg to a competitor we were considering using, we found DiscoverOrg to have far more accurate data.
  • Accuracy of data is extremely good.
  • Customer service is exceptional, responding to requests in a day or less.
  • Variety of industries is quite extensive.
  • DiscoverOrg lacks in sourcing data from foreign countries.
  • Alerts and Triggers could have a simpler functionality.
  • TEDD/IT should be consolidated into one category.
Well suited for startups and smaller companies that need to source new business. Also appropriate for companies who desire to update their database with accurate email addresses and phone numbers.
Read Stephen Budlong's full review
Mike Udasin | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 23, 2016

DiscoverOrg is Awesome

DiscoverOrg is being used by our sales as well as marketing teams. We use it to identify target companies and prospects, as well as to gain insights around their organizations. It helps us to map out org. charts, and find out what technologies they use so that we can design targeted campaigns, etc.
  • Org. Charts: Typically these are very accurate and help us to identify key decision makers.
  • Contact Info: DiscoverOrg does a great job of giving me accurate contact information like direct dial, mobile, email, and LinkedIn Profile.
  • Research Requests: Whenever I submit a research request, I typically receive a response within 24 hours. Most of the time I receive the info that I requested.
  • Technologies: Sometimes there are missing technologies that I know an organization uses based on my discussions with them.
  • Responsibilities: Sometimes there is very vague information about what a particular contact's role is within an organization.
DiscoverOrg is great for technology sales professionals as well as their marketing teams. You can find thousands of contacts to reach out to, and typically can get detailed info which helps to design a targeted approach. I have come across scenarios where I am providing DiscoverOrg with more accurate info than they have on the site, and maybe they can give you credit to your account when you give them the info that they should be providing.
Read Mike Udasin's full review
Scott Shy | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 04, 2016

DiscoverOrg - A Class of its own

Learning how to leverage DiscoverOrg's research has allowed me to open the doors of some of the nation's largest and most difficult doors. I have personally been the decision-maker or heavy influence and heavy user of the platform since 2010, and have been behind (re)purchasing four times at three separate companies. It has been a business requirement in my last two business plans!
  • Real Time Triggers - Accurate pain points, buying cycles, and management changes.
  • Org charts - Not just 411 data, but complete insight into who reports to whom, titles, seniority, and areas of responsibility - three very different metrics in the IT world!
  • Their people - Well trained, and caring. Of all vendors that I have ever used, if I could emulate one culture - it's theirs!
  • Webinars and content - DiscoverOrg finds great partners to provide additional content of value.
  • The translation of some of the data could use some attentions. Apostrophes come through as a character and has to be corrected. There are some inconsistencies to how names are reported - mainly with respect to where and how nicknames and maiden names are reported. Not a big deal, but slows the prospecting a bit.
  • It would be nice if all exports could default to Excel and not only CSV.
  • The pick lists could be better organized/categorized. I would recommend having better category headers. Example: Take all of the more granular titles and put them under a general header that can be taken in full, not at all, or hand-selected from a drop down. Examples: Security, App-Dev, BI, etc. These are not good prospects for me, so I'd simply pass on them. IT, Contact Center, etc., would apply, so I'd either take all, or select from within. In summary, less individual selection.
  • It would be nice if pick selections and trigger criteria could be made to default to a user's preferences on every logon without having to save a search. It gets cumbersome, and the criteria in my case (and in previous roles) it fairly static from search-to-search.
  • By the way, as a long-term user I`m being rather not-picky here. none of these are need to haves or deal-breakers. They would be "nice-to-haves" though.
Any company that has a related sales focus (be it IT, telecom, marketing, finance, etc.) NEEDS to look at DiscoverOrg. This becomes especially true if you value account-based selling as a strategy, and even more so if your solutions are not commodities.
Read Scott Shy's full review
Jacob Senechal | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 20, 2017

Discover how DiscoverOrg can help your Sales teams

We are using it to gather information on prospects and current customers. The insides sales team uses the system and it is connected into Salesforce.
  • Direct Lines - best system I have used that have a direct number
  • Updates rapidly if an issue is reported
  • Reseach
  • More kinds of technology users outside of normal IT like OT
I use DiscoverOrg to check out account info whenever possible. What it does not do best is for smaller companies or less IT-focused businesses. So things like manufacturing or utilities businesses.
Read Jacob Senechal's full review
Jessica Williams | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 26, 2017

DiscoverOrg what you can make!

I work for Inside Sales Team. We use DiscoverOrg to prospect for potential clients, along with reaffirming current information we have on file. Our database is updated by SRD/ISR's on a daily basis from information we find on DiscoverOrg. There are about 20 people in my department that use it and all of our outside reps as well!
  • Trigger Alerts - helpful tool that provides extra insight into company backgrounds and movement.
  • Consistently updated - helps provide a level of confidence in data that is within DORG
  • Ease of use - platform is easy to navigate, easy to search, and easy to prospect.
  • Company info is accurate 100% of the time
  • Expanding over more industries.
  • Ability to give rating of data provided
  • Last updated date posted
I would say it comes down to the industry that you're in. I feel it is very appropriate for finance, marketing, and IT verticals. What other area's can you expand too? I could refer more people if you had contact that they are interested in as well
Read Jessica Williams's full review
Ariana K. Ioannidi | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 25, 2017

DiscoverOrg Review

Our department uses DiscoverOrg to help us identify leads, contacts, and if they are the right fit to contact by our SDRs/SMs.
  • Verifies all of their information.
  • Trigger alerts can be set up per team member to focus on one particular item at a time.
  • You can customize your own dashboard.
  • Sometimes it can be hard to find an address or certain person, you might have to do some digging.
I use it when I am trying to verify a chunk of leads to see if they are still with the current company they are working at.
Read Ariana K. Ioannidi's full review
Max Tuvshinbayar | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 13, 2017

Automated 80% of my list building!

DiscoverOrg is our main solution to get accurate information on leads, company triggers, and technologies.
  • Provide accurate contact information and real time triggers for buy signs.
  • Assign a dedicated customer success member that is there for you.
  • Ease of use and always updating and getting feedback from end users to improve their product
  • The UI can be improved but it does not prevent my workflow.
When you need to make your small sales team operate like a large scale operation.
Read Max Tuvshinbayar's full review
Liz Reiley | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 22, 2016

The Insider Info - at your fingertips

The sales operations department at Listrak utilizes DiscoverOrg for lead gen as well as business intelligence to help us identify how to target the right prospects at the right time.
  • Trigger alerts are very detailed and timely
  • Customizable dashboards for each user
  • Ability to use for account based sales or as a general sales organization
  • Continuity from the sales process through account management - not needing to fill in the account manager [to] ok things discussed as important through the sales process
We utilize the marketing and TEDD sectors of DiscoverOrg. The company profiles seem to primarily focus currently on larger companies - they will be eventually working their way to smaller companies from what I'm told.
Read Liz Reiley's full review

Advanced search (96)
Identification of new leads (94)
List quality (96)
List upload/download (92)
Ideal customer targeting (93)
Load time/data access (95)
Contact information (95)
Company information (95)
Industry information (93)
Lead qualification process (76)
Smart lists and recommendations (78)
Salesforce integration (81)
Company/business profiles (93)
Alerts and reminders (81)
Data hygiene (91)
Automatic data refresh (80)
Tags (70)
Filters and segmentation (86)
Sales email templates (34)
Append emails to records (36)

About DiscoverOrg

DiscoverOrg is a sales and marketing intelligence tool used by the top technology vendors, staffing companies and consultants targeting IT, finance, marketing, engineering, technology and product development departments of Fortune-­ranked, mid­-market, and SMB companies in North America and Europe.

Offered in the form of a constantly refreshed database, DiscoverOrg specializes in mapping out the org charts, including verified email addresses, direct-dial phone numbers, reporting structure, new projects and initiatives, and technology installed base. Each of the decision makers in the DiscoverOrg database are updated and refreshed by the company’s team of in-house researchers at least once every 90 days, enabling customers to reach the right person at the right company with the right message. DiscoverOrg says it is committed to creating a family of integrations with top sales enablement tools to support their customers' full technology stack.