DiscoverOrg Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Annette Ochoa profile photo
DiscoverOrg is used to source new business and the right contacts for our organization. The sales team mainly uses DiscoverOrg and it has helped us get into Fortune 500 accounts. They update their data constantly and have amazing insight into what is going on within the company. It really helps us land in a company at the perfect moment using the Triggers and the technology.
  • Triggers and filters for the triggers
  • Technology tab is amazingly helpful!
  • The direct lines! Absolutely amazing!
  • I think they need more tutorials to be able to use the amazing features. Little videos would be amazing
It is well suited for companies who want amazing information into companies they are prospecting into as new accounts. If you are doing account management, it could help you find new people to expand your influence within the company, but I see it helping with new prospect accounts more than current clients.
Read Annette Ochoa's full review
Brian Charles  MBA, MS profile photo
DiscoverOrg is being used by the small but growing sales organization within my company. Additionally, senior management uses DiscoverOrg. The tool allows us to discover relationships and connection points into prospective client organizations. Mainly, our use of DiscoverOrg revolves around identifying prospects and targeting them for subsequent communications and engagements (e.g. email, Twitter, other social media, F2F).
  • DiscoverOrg "nests" the hierarchy of our prospective clients, allowing me to view their org structures fairly accurately.
  • DiscoverOrg provides an easy-to-use Web interface.
  • DiscoverOrg provides excellent customer support though its dedicated CSM model. (Yea! Go Aaron!)
  • DiscoverOrg refreshes its data through perpetual data mining.
  • DiscoverOrg could try to implement an easier tool for users like myself to provide updates about contacts who have moved on from a prospect company when I encounter them.
  • DiscoverOrg could integrate with Zoho Campaign.
  • DiscoverOrg could improve its pricing. Hey, cheaper is better, right?
It is well suited for first-level mapping of a prospect organization. It is also suited for feeding it a list of prospect companies' URLs using the Bulk Upload feature (super easy!) to see if they are available in DiscoverOrg. Other less-appropriate or less-useful features include the switch from the earlier interface to the new interface. That was problematic for some users (not me).
Read Brian Charles MBA, MS's full review
Ryan McCarty profile photo
January 24, 2017

DiscoverOrg rocks!

Our outbound sales staff is using DiscoverOrg to build lists to call, as well as lists for creating email campaigns to targeted companies.
  • Triggers - Allowing me to reach out to companies during events with a higher likelihood of needing our services.
  • OppAlerts - Similar to triggers, but creating even HOTTER leads to follow up on.
  • Intelligence - The amount of information you can filter by allows you to really drill down into the correct prospects, from technology used company-wise, to personal responsibilities to discover correct decision makers.
  • Interface - Sometimes the interface seems slow and clunky. Maybe some simplication and less frills to allow for faster browsing
  • Tiggers - Sometimes it seems the person associated with these triggers is not actually working on them once I reach out.
When looking to build specific, targeted lists for your outbound team, DiscoverOrg shines. There are also many opportunities to not only target the correct companies but target them at the correct time which I think is key. I recommend an open dialogue with your customer success manager to utilize the software to its fullest capability.
Read Ryan McCarty's full review
Cyrus Moody profile photo
May 16, 2017

DO is great!

I use DiscoverOrg to help our organization with finding the correct decision makers and get us direct contact information. It is very accurate and the Chrome plugin makes it very easy to use.
  • Org Charts
  • Accurate data
  • Support
  • Pop ups in the way
  • Needs more company technology insight
Suited for business development.
Read Cyrus Moody's full review
Kyle Husni profile photo
DiscoverOrg is currently being used primarily by our sales and marketing organization to help with identifying key contacts and information about potential customers and even further scoping our current customer. It not only bridges the gap on an employee basis but also alerts us on upcoming projects and spending trends amongst industries.
  • Great profiling of employees, their responsibilities, how they fit into the organizational structure, and the technology that they are involved with.
  • Constantly updating and refreshing information to ensure data is not stale.
  • Helping to understand complex corporate structures when parent companies and subsidiaries are involved, identifying relationships and how to utilize relationships.
  • Great CRM integration to keep sales and marketing members inside of our Salesforce instance while providing the same experience as the standalone site.
  • Depth of international profiles. Things are still being improved after the iProfile acquisition quickly, but not nearly as robust as the US.
DiscoverOrg is a great fit for almost every sales or marketing organization. Instead of being stale with one-time list purchases, having access to their database and expertise is essential to attack key accounts especially when using an account-based strategy across marketing and sales.
Read Kyle Husni's full review
LeAnn Perkins profile photo
May 15, 2017

LDR Review

I use DiscoverOrg to find contacts. It helps our organization with finding the correct decision makers and getting us direct contact information. Also, it's highly accurate! The Chrome plugin makes it very easy to use.
  • Finds contacts/decision makers
  • Having accurate information
  • Prospecting
  • Sometime I can't copy and paste directly.
It's great for finding prospects and cold calling/sending e-mail.
Read LeAnn Perkins's full review
Stephen Budlong profile photo
April 26, 2017

The Best Data

DiscoverOrg is used across our inside sales department to prospect and source new leads. Our previous database had outdated and inaccurate data that did little to improve our sales process. When comparing DiscoverOrg to a competitor we were considering using, we found DiscoverOrg to have far more accurate data.
  • Accuracy of data is extremely good.
  • Customer service is exceptional, responding to requests in a day or less.
  • Variety of industries is quite extensive.
  • DiscoverOrg lacks in sourcing data from foreign countries.
  • Alerts and Triggers could have a simpler functionality.
  • TEDD/IT should be consolidated into one category.
Well suited for startups and smaller companies that need to source new business. Also appropriate for companies who desire to update their database with accurate email addresses and phone numbers.
Read Stephen Budlong's full review
Mike Udasin profile photo
November 23, 2016

DiscoverOrg is Awesome

DiscoverOrg is being used by our sales as well as marketing teams. We use it to identify target companies and prospects, as well as to gain insights around their organizations. It helps us to map out org. charts, and find out what technologies they use so that we can design targeted campaigns, etc.
  • Org. Charts: Typically these are very accurate and help us to identify key decision makers.
  • Contact Info: DiscoverOrg does a great job of giving me accurate contact information like direct dial, mobile, email, and LinkedIn Profile.
  • Research Requests: Whenever I submit a research request, I typically receive a response within 24 hours. Most of the time I receive the info that I requested.
  • Technologies: Sometimes there are missing technologies that I know an organization uses based on my discussions with them.
  • Responsibilities: Sometimes there is very vague information about what a particular contact's role is within an organization.
DiscoverOrg is great for technology sales professionals as well as their marketing teams. You can find thousands of contacts to reach out to, and typically can get detailed info which helps to design a targeted approach. I have come across scenarios where I am providing DiscoverOrg with more accurate info than they have on the site, and maybe they can give you credit to your account when you give them the info that they should be providing.
Read Mike Udasin's full review
Scott Shy profile photo
Learning how to leverage DiscoverOrg's research has allowed me to open the doors of some of the nation's largest and most difficult doors. I have personally been the decision-maker or heavy influence and heavy user of the platform since 2010, and have been behind (re)purchasing four times at three separate companies. It has been a business requirement in my last two business plans!
  • Real Time Triggers - Accurate pain points, buying cycles, and management changes.
  • Org charts - Not just 411 data, but complete insight into who reports to whom, titles, seniority, and areas of responsibility - three very different metrics in the IT world!
  • Their people - Well trained, and caring. Of all vendors that I have ever used, if I could emulate one culture - it's theirs!
  • Webinars and content - DiscoverOrg finds great partners to provide additional content of value.
  • The translation of some of the data could use some attentions. Apostrophes come through as a character and has to be corrected. There are some inconsistencies to how names are reported - mainly with respect to where and how nicknames and maiden names are reported. Not a big deal, but slows the prospecting a bit.
  • It would be nice if all exports could default to Excel and not only CSV.
  • The pick lists could be better organized/categorized. I would recommend having better category headers. Example: Take all of the more granular titles and put them under a general header that can be taken in full, not at all, or hand-selected from a drop down. Examples: Security, App-Dev, BI, etc. These are not good prospects for me, so I'd simply pass on them. IT, Contact Center, etc., would apply, so I'd either take all, or select from within. In summary, less individual selection.
  • It would be nice if pick selections and trigger criteria could be made to default to a user's preferences on every logon without having to save a search. It gets cumbersome, and the criteria in my case (and in previous roles) it fairly static from search-to-search.
  • By the way, as a long-term user I`m being rather not-picky here. none of these are need to haves or deal-breakers. They would be "nice-to-haves" though.
Any company that has a related sales focus (be it IT, telecom, marketing, finance, etc.) NEEDS to look at DiscoverOrg. This becomes especially true if you value account-based selling as a strategy, and even more so if your solutions are not commodities.
Read Scott Shy's full review
Jacob Senechal profile photo
We are using it to gather information on prospects and current customers. The insides sales team uses the system and it is connected into Salesforce.
  • Direct Lines - best system I have used that have a direct number
  • Updates rapidly if an issue is reported
  • Reseach
  • More kinds of technology users outside of normal IT like OT
I use DiscoverOrg to check out account info whenever possible. What it does not do best is for smaller companies or less IT-focused businesses. So things like manufacturing or utilities businesses.
Read Jacob Senechal's full review
Jessica Williams profile photo
I work for Inside Sales Team. We use DiscoverOrg to prospect for potential clients, along with reaffirming current information we have on file. Our database is updated by SRD/ISR's on a daily basis from information we find on DiscoverOrg. There are about 20 people in my department that use it and all of our outside reps as well!
  • Trigger Alerts - helpful tool that provides extra insight into company backgrounds and movement.
  • Ease of use - platform is easy to navigate, easy to search, and easy to prospect.
  • Company info is accurate 100% of the time
  • Expanding over more industries.
  • Ability to give rating of data provided
  • Last updated date posted
I would say it comes down to the industry that you're in. I feel it is very appropriate for finance, marketing, and IT verticals. What other area's can you expand too? I could refer more people if you had contact that they are interested in as well
Read Jessica Williams's full review
Ariana K. Ioannidi profile photo
January 25, 2017

DiscoverOrg Review

Our department uses DiscoverOrg to help us identify leads, contacts, and if they are the right fit to contact by our SDRs/SMs.
  • Verifies all of their information.
  • Trigger alerts can be set up per team member to focus on one particular item at a time.
  • You can customize your own dashboard.
  • Sometimes it can be hard to find an address or certain person, you might have to do some digging.
I use it when I am trying to verify a chunk of leads to see if they are still with the current company they are working at.
Read Ariana K. Ioannidi's full review
Max Tuvshinbayar profile photo
DiscoverOrg is our main solution to get accurate information on leads, company triggers, and technologies.
  • Provide accurate contact information and real time triggers for buy signs.
  • Assign a dedicated customer success member that is there for you.
  • Ease of use and always updating and getting feedback from end users to improve their product
  • The UI can be improved but it does not prevent my workflow.
When you need to make your small sales team operate like a large scale operation.
Read Max Tuvshinbayar's full review
Liz Reiley profile photo
The sales operations department at Listrak utilizes DiscoverOrg for lead gen as well as business intelligence to help us identify how to target the right prospects at the right time.
  • Trigger alerts are very detailed and timely
  • Customizable dashboards for each user
  • Ability to use for account based sales or as a general sales organization
  • Continuity from the sales process through account management - not needing to fill in the account manager [to] ok things discussed as important through the sales process
We utilize the marketing and TEDD sectors of DiscoverOrg. The company profiles seem to primarily focus currently on larger companies - they will be eventually working their way to smaller companies from what I'm told.
Read Liz Reiley's full review
Cynthia Drechsler profile photo
The field sales and sales development team are using Discoverorg to identify companies with a specific technology and specific titles within the IT department. We need to be able to contact multiple business owners across companies, not just the IT department. This allows us to have all of the potential stakeholders identified and on our side while we are working with the budget owner.
  • Good depth across the Fortune 2000+ accounts for IT departments
  • Nice list of technology and will to work with you to add technologies
  • Need a faster turn around time when adding a company to the list of accounts that are part of our plan.
If you have a large pool of companies to pull from it is cost effective. If you have a very specific target audience then it is likely too expensive.
Read Cynthia Drechsler's full review
Melanie Tanko profile photo
As an executive assistant I was in charge of giving the sales team monthly lead lists of potential new clients. I was the only one who used the software and I was able to pinpoint exact companies that use the software that we provide consulting for and therefore it gave us a very high accuracy rate of the type of client we were reaching out to.
  • Some of our salesmen work with a specific software (e.g. Oracle, Microsoft, IBM) and I would drill down within DiscoverOrg to the type of software these companies currently use.
  • I would then discuss with my sales team what level of corporate executive they would like to speak to about our services and the beauty of DiscoverOrg is that you can choose a variety of drill down categories.
  • Whether your objective is to speak to CEOs or HR individuals you know you can get a variety of them.
  • I used this every month and would come up with several hundred results with at least a 75% success rate of new potential leads for our sales team!
  • I really only found one thing that was sometimes overwhelming when working with the software and that is that there can be so many results and having to export them sometimes the files were too large and had to be done in sections.
When I first used the program the person teaching me only knew how to get a broad selection of companies and the success rate wasn't good. I learned more about it as time went on and was delighted to know I can chose specific industries and categories and even as far down as what level of employee/department to contact.
Read Melanie Tanko's full review
Austin Scordato profile photo
June 09, 2016

DiscoverOrg Review

I work for Inside Sales Team in Buffalo, NY. We often use discoverorg to prospect for potential clients, along with reaffirming current information we have on prospective clients through discoverorg's platform.
  • Consistently updated - helps provide a level of confidence in data that is within DORG. I know that the prospects in DORG are going to have accurate information.
  • Expanding horizons over more industries.
  • Easy sync of email marketing tools such as Outreach.
  • Ability to give rating of data provided, will help provide users with extra layer of confidence, or will know to wait until data is refreshed.
I would say it comes down to the industry that you're in. I feel it is very appropriate for finance, marketing, and IT verticals, but would not be appropriate for someone looking for healthcare professionals.
Read Austin Scordato's full review
Trisha SanFilippo profile photo
DiscoverOrg is being used throughout the whole company. It solves the need to find leads for specific accounts or people with a certain title.
  • Linking each lead with their LinkedIn Profile
  • Connecting CRM with DiscoverOrg, so you can incorporate lead views via Salesforce or whichever CRM you have.
  • Ability to request more information or leads on an account.
  • Load time is very slow when putting in search terms.
  • Asthetics could be a bit improved.
  • Include pop up notifications or a chrome extension for any news happening at that current time.
I think it's a great tool for gathering any intel if you don't have many leads or are starting from the ground up with an account or company that you are targeting.
Read Trisha SanFilippo's full review
John Blevins profile photo
May 24, 2016

DOrg review

Multiple teams in my office are utilizing it. It is used primarily for lead prospecting on projects in the office that sell to IT. It allows those projects to work with more and better data. Rather than using something like data.com or simply Linkedin, DOrg has consistently provided more information on the leads that we want to be targeting like phone number and correct email.
  • Seeing detailed ORG charts for IT companies
  • Using the advanced search functionality to find different companies that fit the criteria that I'd like to target.
  • Upload contacts directly from DOrg to Salesforce
  • While not my personal focus, I've heard from other people in the office that the non-IT databases are not as robust
  • The interface (particularly the new one) can be somewhat clunky and unintuitive
  • Keep the importing to Salesforce functionality at one click. In the new system it's much clunkier than the legacy system
Well suited for projects focusing on IT companies. Quite good for finding additional information out about a company such as revenue and different technologies that they're using. Great for setting up alters for different changes or events occurring. Not a great resource if you're targeting companies that DOrg doesn't have a lot of information on.
Read John Blevins's full review
Aaron Stoermann profile photo
May 24, 2016

Our Data Bible

DiscoverOrg provides contact information for our team of sales reps focused on IT and finance contacts. It also provides organizational charts on companies we are prospecting which allows us to spend less time doing research calls and account mapping and lets us better understand the buying process of our prospects.
  • Org. charts and company data.
  • Direct dials.
  • Direct emails.
  • Customer service and researching accounts.
  • The real-time triggers are not often accurate.
  • The technology information isn't assigned well to contacts for our specific needs.
  • It would be beneficial to have a 'procurement' org chart at times.
If you are not selling to enterprise sized clients who make purchasing decisions in finance or IT, I would see no need for you to buy this product.
Read Aaron Stoermann's full review
Cal Francis profile photo
June 22, 2016

Happy selling

I use it everyday to learn about individuals, their roles and the technology they use. I also use it to augment my Rolodex.
  • Fills in the gaps to org charts
  • Helps understand technologies in place
  • Sends alerts about current events and news for organizations and people I am interested about. This can be incredibly effective when trying to get the attention of a busy exec.
  • Setting up alerts is confusing
DiscoverOrg is good at what it does.
Read Cal Francis's full review
Luis Flores profile photo
DiscoverOrg is currently being used by our Sales department as a tool for lead generation and company information from prospects. It addresses the problems of having access to clean data, direct dials, emails, and hierarchy charts- gives us an accurate layout of our prospects, a good amount of insight, and great CRM integration.
  • Very clean data- direct dials (a huge plus!), accurate titles, emails, etc.
  • They have "OrgCharts" for the companies in their database, which allows us to see the hierarchy of the prospect's IT department. We can understand who reports to a specific person based on title.
  • Ease of use - the layout is very easy to understand and get familiar with. Clean and organized.
  • New User Interface - they recently released their new interface which is being rolled out, however, some of the options from the previous interface aren't available yet.
  • Hit or miss customer service - they usually do a very good job of getting back to us when issues are present but it can often be difficult to receive updates/progress reports.
  • Limited access to data - although most of their data is very accurate for mid to large-sized companies, there are many "smaller" companies that they dont have any data for. This isn't a huge issue because we use other lead generation sources paired with DiscoverOrg.
They are definitely well suited to have data for mid to large sized companies, but if your focus is on "smaller" sized companies 50-300, it is very likely that DiscoverOrg will not have much data in that range. Again, they have great data when available, but it is something to keep in mind.
Read Luis Flores's full review
Jimmy Mack profile photo
DiscoverOrg is used by sales department to help track quality leads.
  • Reduce sales time by eliminating some cold calls
  • Track previous conversations with prospects
  • Would like more easy access on mobile and/or tablet devices
The database of potential clients is quite robust.
Read Jimmy Mack's full review
Brian Jacobi profile photo
It was previously being used to pull new leads; update existing leads to provide better data quality, and leveraged as a mechanism to generate lead lists. It enriched data in Marketo to improve marketing automation capabilities.
  • FInd new leads and contacts with high quality contact information
  • Automation between Marketo and DiscoverOrg
  • Salesforce integration capabilities
  • User interface design both browser and Salesforce
  • Larger Database
  • Automated alerting and reporting
DiscoverOrg is more appropriate for targeted industry verticals where higher quality data is needed.
Read Brian Jacobi's full review
April 12, 2017

Dissapointed

Over the past year my team has been using DiscoverOrg and in general we have been very dissatisfied with the product. Although we were able to negotiate a $10K per year subscription for 6 seats, we were blocked out of the data we were promised. Several times I had to engage with the Customer Success Team to unlock clients, contacts and information that our subscription allowed. After we brought this to DiscoverOrg's attention multiple times, we made the decision not to renew our subscription. To add insult to injury, when we notified DiscoverOrg with our intent to cancel our auto-renew policy, we were told we were 1 day beyond the 90 day cancellation period. In essence we were locked in for another year of a product we were not interested in using due to locked contact and inaccurate phone numbers and email addresses. Buyer beware. If you are evaluating tools, consider Zoom Info.

Advanced search (81)
Identification of new leads (79)
List quality (81)
List upload/download (78)
Ideal customer targeting (81)
Load time/data access (80)
Contact information (80)
Company information (80)
Industry information (79)
Lead qualification process (65)
Smart lists and recommendations (66)
Salesforce integration (67)
Company/business profiles (79)
Alerts and reminders (68)
Data hygiene (77)
Automatic data refresh (68)
Tags (58)
Filters and segmentation (71)
Sales email templates (32)
Append emails to records (32)

About DiscoverOrg

DiscoverOrg is a sales and marketing intelligence tool used by the top technology vendors, staffing companies and consultants targeting IT, finance, marketing, engineering, technology and product development departments of Fortune-­ranked, mid­-market, and SMB companies in North America and Europe.

Offered in the form of a constantly refreshed database, DiscoverOrg specializes in mapping out the org charts, including verified email addresses, direct-dial phone numbers, reporting structure, new projects and initiatives, and technology installed base. Each of the decision makers in the DiscoverOrg database are updated and refreshed by the company’s team of in-house researchers at least once every 90 days, enabling customers to reach the right person at the right company with the right message. DiscoverOrg says it is committed to creating a family of integrations with top sales enablement tools to support their customers' full technology stack.

DiscoverOrg Features

Prospecting Features
Has featureAdvanced search
Has featureWeb browser extension
Has featureIdentification of new leads
Has featureList quality
Has featureEmail contacts
Has featureDirect dial contacts
Has featureList upload/download
Has featureIdeal customer targeting
Has featureLinkedIn integration
Does not have featureData.com integration
Has featureLoad time/data access
Has featureReverse IP lookup
Sales Intelligence Data Standards Features
Has featureContact information
Has featureCompany information
Has featureIndustry information
Data Augmentation & Lead Qualification Features
Has featureLead qualification process
Has featureSmart lists and recommendations
Has featureSalesforce integration
Has featureCompany/business profiles
Has featureNews updates
Does not have featureWeb traffic insights
Has featureProspect tracking/following
Has featureAlerts and reminders
Has featureData hygiene
Has featureAutomatic data refresh
Has featureTags
Has featureFilters and segmentation
Has featureNotes
Has featureSalesforce opportunity creation
Has featureAbility to append contact, lead, and account level data
Sales Intelligence Email Features Features
Has featureAutomated initial emails
Has featureSales email templates
Does not have featureSales landing pages
Has featureEngagement tracking
Has featureAppend emails to records
Does not have featureGmail integration
Does not have featureExchange integration
Has featureMarketing automation integration
Has featureOrg Charts on All Accounts
Has featureNames,Titles, Direct Dial Phone Numbers, Vverified Email Addresses
Has featureReal Time Triggers and Red Alerts
Has featureIntegrations with Salesforce, Marketo and all other leading CRM / MAT / SDR Tools
Has featureGoogle Chrome Extension
Has featurePredictive Purchase Intent - DealPredict
Has featureABM Dashboard - AccountView

DiscoverOrg Screenshots

DiscoverOrg Integrations

Marketo, SugarCRM, Bullhorn ATS & CRM, Pipedrive, Outreach, Tellwise, SalesLoft, NetSuite, Act-On Software, HubSpot CRM, HubSpot, Oracle Eloqua, Pardot, Salesforce, Google Chrome, Microsoft Dynamics Connector, Talent Rover

DiscoverOrg Competitors

InsideView, ZoomInfo, RainKing (acquired by DiscoverOrg)

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No