Reviews (51-75 of 156)
- inSync was easy to deploy. I spend little time managing the software.
- I never need to worry about buying additional backup hardware. Druva inSync scales with my needs.
- The user sees no impact during backups
- Some of the errors you'll get on failed jobs can be ambiguous
- Real-time monitoring: user data usage, activities, and device locator.
- Compliance enforcement: compliance templates available for regulated industries.
- DLP settings: device trace, auto-delete, and file encryption.
- More intuitive dashboards
- Ability to add licenses from the dashboard
- Restoring any data, such as mail items is very efficient and helpful compared to other products.
- The Druva dashboard is very user-friendly and it also makes managing and monitoring the processes a lot faster.
- Being cloud-based, you can access the dashboard from anywhere and anytime with no need to worry about hardware and maintenance.
- Reporting needs some improvement in my mind.
- Easy to use, the interface is intuitive and training requirements were minimal.
- Good audit trails and history of data access.
- Collaboration is simple.
- Change management - The notification or major changes is often slow or hard to find.
- The license model for external collaborators isn't great and I think this could be simplified.
- More enhancements to the audit trail and access notifications would be great.
- Backup and Restore - Profiles are extremely configurable which gives the ability to back up the exact data we need to worry about.
- Lightweight endpoint agent. CPU and Bandwidth throttling options are very useful.
- Intuitive Management console, The RBAC features, and AD integration make it easy to empower our remote IT Staff and tier 1 support to perform necessary user support requests.
- Reporting functionality seems to be a bit limited, and nice feature I'd like to see added would be the ability to create custom reports.
- A nice feature in our environment would be SCCM integration, we're user device affinity could be leveraged to provision user to devise associations.
- Quick set-up.
- Easy restoration of backed up information.
- Information easy to view on the admin dashboard.
- Re-provisioning of license procedure is clunky.
- Data maintenance for former employees is cumbersome.
- Provides complete governance solution for the physical devices includes mobile devices.
- App-aware deduplication reduces the storage and bandwidth utilization.
- So far nothing to dislike has arisen, the software works as expected and does a good job.
- Backup of documents
- Restore documents to replacement or rebuilt devices
- Consistently restore all files to a replacement device. We are able to restore folders individually, but restoring all files to their original locations does not work every time
- Runs seamlessly in the background.
- Central administration and management so IT can make sure we are constantly in compliance.
- Allows IT to track and remote wipe a PC in case it is lost or stolen.
- We had some initial challenges with testing remote wipe of a PC about a year ago, but I believe we have since resolved the issue.
- Dashboard gives me a quick and thorough look across all backup operations.
- Tracking helps me keep track of folks and how to help them in case needed
- Compression is effective enough to keep all previous employee backups without spending a ton on storage
- Keep a focus on On-Premise
- Bring back Share for On-Premise
- Stop trying to bully people into making decisions you want them to make. Just offer great products and let the consumer decide.
- The Backup is reliable and can be tailored to specific users needs through profiles.
- The restoration which runs in the background can be set to run onto a new device without having to continually monitor the process
- The onboarding of clients is automated, and easy to administrate end users backups
- The tech support is by far the best support technicians, who are all very knowledgeable and very prompt no matter what the problem is
- One item I would like to see is for a same product line allowing for both onsite backups to our Cacheing servers only along with the current cloud based system
We use DRUVA as our Enterprise Laptop Backup application which is installed on all Windows and MAC based systems and is used across the organization.
DRUVA saves us a vast amount of time when migrating users to new laptops. The process before DRUVA took upwards of 2 hours per machine and after DRUVA we're seeing system migrations fall into the 10-15 minute time frame.
The executive teams are the most impressed by the reduced downtime to migrate them to another laptop when they are experience issues or are receiving a totally new machine. We all know how hard it is to impress executives!
- Druva is the "Ron Co" of the computing world - "Set it and forget it!" It just works!
- Some of Druva's competitors tend to use more resources (processor and RAM) at all times; during backup and non-backup periods.
- The ability to reduce network bandwidth works extremely well, especially for those power users who believe that any application or service running on their machine slows down the performance they need to work effectively. Not the case with Druva. When Druva is actively backing up during an idle state. When the end-user engages the system to start working the Druva client immediate reduces the processor, RAM and network traffic it's utilizing to allow for the machine to perform as needed.
- It would be nice to be able to backup redirected folders in Windows. This is not currently an option.
We have 200+ successful laptop migration (70% Windows and 30% MAC) either due to new laptop replacement, lost/stolen machine or hardware issues.
Not sure we have one specific scenario that was any more important than the other.
- Low impact on user work while it runs
- Easy to configure and to use
- All manageable from the cloud.druva.com via dashboard
- Great and detailed log that helps you solve the possible issue
- Sometimes the connection with Druva Cloud fails and the user keeps receiving an alert (sometimes is very annoying)
Suitable: When you have a good connection in your network in terms of bandwidth, you need to save a lot of data for each users, you need a system all manageable by the IT or the Users (require a bit of knowledge)
Less suitable: of course when you have poor connection and bandwidth, or you can't connect to the network/web.
- File backup - Druva inSync does a thorough job of backing up your local PC files and storing them to be used for restore when/if needed. This eliminates file loss in case of any failures.
- File restore - The restoration process is very valuable and works smoothly. The restore process can take a bit of time depending on how many local files you had backed up, but that is to be expected.
- In my experience, the only area for improvement is speed of restore, but that can hinge on several factors such as size of backup and location of files and transfer rate.
Druva inSync is suited for larger businesses where local file backup is needed on a large scale. This saves a lot of time and effort for individuals to make continual backups and store them for potential failures.
I could see it being less effective for a smaller business depending on the scale of local files they are dealing with and how much storage is needed.
- It uses cloud storage which allows flexibility.
- It can be integrated with Office 365 for SSO.
- Unlimited storage.
- I like it the way it is, there are a lot of options to cater to our back up needs
- Configuring SSO can be difficult
- Technical support can be hard to understand at times
- Allows select file types to be backed up
- Allow incremental backup
- Ensures proper security
- Self heal feature where if backup doesn’t happen then it guide users
- Auto alert with risk of not getting data backed up and keep logs
- Policy compliance
- Guaranteed backup and restoration
- Ease of operation
- Peace of mind
- Low on resource consumption
- Senior level reporting and dash board on mobile
- Regular audits and improvement areas
- Distributed users spread across the country that need data to be backed up daily
- In an scenario of attrition put user to legal hold so as to overcome intentional or accidental deletion of data
- We can add as many administrative roles as our organization needs, all within our control, so we can manage explicitly what the role can see-and-do.
- Helps us to set standards and guidelines in the legal e-discovery and investigations fields.
- Giving us complete visibility into any user activity in the organization.
- Seamless identified data backup even on less bandwidth.
- It's great, nothing to improve!
It is not suited for server backups
Druva inSync Scorecard Summary
What is Druva inSync?
Workforce mobility and the rise of cloud services is an essential part of any business, but it creates a number of challenges for IT. Data spread across devices and cloud services, unpredictable schedules, and varied network connections all complicate efforts to protect and govern enterprise information.
Druva inSync provides unified data protection, management, and information governance across endpoints and cloud applications. Delivered as-a-service, Druva inSync aims to simplify backup, archival, compliance, and device management to reduce the cost and complexity of protecting end user data, ensure regulatory compliance, and improve data visibility. With centralized management and self-help data recovery, the vendor proposes that users' mobile workforces are protected without impacting productivity.
Druva inSync Screenshots
Druva inSync Videos (2)
Druva inSync Downloadables
Druva inSync Integrations
Druva inSync Competitors
Druva inSync Pricing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
100% SaaS, 0% Infrastructure. Lower TCO by up to 50%. Informed decisions based on governed data.
Druva inSync Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Druva inSync Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Languages:||English, Japanese|