Reviews (76-100 of 156)
- Data protection
- Data availability and accessessibiliy anytime anywhere
- Perfect solution for end user backup
- Number of unlimited versions that itself is a huge advantage
- It would be good if Druva provided snapshots or images of the machine instead of excluding system files from backup
- Provide delete option in end-user client with permission from Admin
- Can provide online virtual machine copy of the physical laptop or pc with additional cost
- It accurately backs up specific files and restores to new destination
- Plus encryption works well for lost laptops for travelers in the field
- I wish the back up could be a little faster with the ever growing travel schedules
- There were some times back ups failed due to slow internet connection. It would be good if it was locally backed up and just transferred the back up to the cloud into a small package, so that way slow internet users will still have a back up
- you never really know its there once you set it up
- runs in the background
- interface is simple and easy to use
- knowing your data is secure and backed up is essential
- no complaints here it works as advertised with no issues from my perspective
simple user interface
runs in the background with no interference
- Ease of use. Anybody can use this without any previous knowledge
- The product has a range of responsibilities which we use for the company
- Security- It offers great security and piece of mind
- Restoring data option for mac isn't the greatest
- The dashboard could have some more options to include the specific amount of users and their operating systems
- Updates should be notified and what changes have been made
- Simple, automated, deployment. We are linked to active directory and new and leaving employees are automatically enrolled and removed from Druva based on Active Directory membership. This allows the product to be nearly self maintaining.
- The software has minimal impact on the operation of the laptop. Users generally don't know it is there and running. Backups and restores are fast and easy to initiate.
- The mobile app provides access to all backed up data from mobile devices (even files not in your OneDrive, Box, etc. synchronization folder!)
- Over the years we have worked closely with Druva on modifications to the software to support full automation of the enrollment and de-enrollment of the product, including expiring stored backups based on retention parameters. These features didn't work as we would have liked them to when we initially began using the product but Druva was very eager to hear of our requirements and make modifications to support our needs. Beyond that we have not run into situations where Druva did not meet or exceed our expectations and requirements.
- Seamless cloud backups. Enter your administrator credentials in G-Suite and select which users you want to backup, and boom! It's done. Takes a few days to get everyone backed up, but there's nothing you have to do, everything is automatic.
- Disaster recovery is perfect. We have had users accidentally delete a critical email from a customer, and we were able to recover it within minutes.
- Data loss prevention is superb. Malicious users who leave the company can try to delete all of their work, but with Druva, we've got it backed up so we can easily restore it.
- The user interface on the administrator side is a bit confusing at first. It takes a bit to learn everything.
- We had trouble getting single sign-on to work properly with our SAML provider. Support from Druva was excellent, however, and got us up and going within a day.
- Cloud reporting is really good. I can easily see when backups succeed and fail. I get a weekly email with the reports.
- Easy to upgrade the software. I am able to manually push the upgraded version after testing. Able to push upgrade to all devices at once.
- Pushing policies is really easy, simply create and test the policy and under the user account you edit which default policy they use.
- Bootcamp partitions for Mac is tricky to get to work correctly. You need to install an older version, activate each partition, then upgrade after that. The reason for this is if you don't do it this way, Druva will overwrite the backups from one partition to another, rather than act as two independent backups. A bit annoying, but there's a work-around.
- It supports all the platforms including mobile devices and workstations
- Easy to set up and highly secure stored data
- Data is stored in AWS cloud so it is easily scalable and easily restorable
- Browsing the schedule of the plan is complicated, it can be simplified.
- Reporting can be simplified and extended to more than 30 days as this might be required for auditing purposes.
- No option to remote troubleshooting, we have to access the system to troubleshoot.
- Office 365 - pretty well with some issues, I'd say seven out of ten
- Exchange - pretty well with some issues, I'd say seven out of ten
- G Suite - really well, probably the best out of them all, this would be a nine out of ten, especially with GMail .
- Allows for scheduling backups without having to interfere with the end-user experience.
- For Directory backups, change the default setting to All Files. We did have an instance where an end-user was using software that used an extension that did not fall into the default settings and was not being backed up. We had to configure "All Files" after the fact.
- Directory in question: Documents.
- Ease of use! Easy application to manage.
- Ease of implementation. We had Druva up and running with in a day, and rolled out in a few weeks.
- Support is fantastic. We've only had a few issues, but support was there for us.
- I'd like to see more backup options for Slack and Dropbox.
- Set it and forget it.
- No user interaction needed after the initial setup is complete.
- Very easy to configure.
- Automation is a bonus.
- Peace of mind.
- The Password reset could maybe include a copy of the reset being sent to the Druva admin as well.
- Ability to modify or add or include different folder to be backed up.
- The Restore Feature could be changed to redirect the restore to, or to restore to the original folder that got backed up in the first place.
- It has an excellent portal, with granular enough settings to back up and drawdown data.
- High praise of their support. They resolve tickets fast and are committed.
- It solves local machine backup and cloud assigned apps in one solution.
- Browsing backed up data can be cumbersome to review. Luckly for us, our needs are only a few nested folders of user data.
- Restoring backup data onto a new machine is quick and easy!
- Very easy-to-use interface with good analytics on devices installed and device locations, etc.
- Being able to customize location names when adding users would be a +
- Profile backup, it pulls most of the profile settings which allows for setting up the user new computer much faster.
- Custom folder backup - we use it to backup and restore custom folder locations, we do not backup the entire computer. This keeps are backups as small as possible but also allows us to make sure we get all the data that we have deemed important for the company.
- The cloud cache servers help to keep the internet traffic down during the day and uploads the days information up to the cloud overnight when the bandwidth isn't at such a premium.
- We have been having a problem with some of our devices going inactive and not backing up.
- Backing up to the closest cache server and not to one configured server all of the time. This would allow our users the ability to backup quickly when traveling to the different branch locations.
- Incremental backup.
- Snapshots of the previous backup.
- Optimization of data and CPU utilization.
- Restrictions can be applied to ensure compliance.
- Easy restoration.
- Reduce CPU utilization of client.
- More restrictions to be added to adhere to organizations DLP policies.
- Client logs for troubleshooting and investigation.
- Straightforward to configure with the cloud console and quick to deploy to computers.
- Multiplatform product.
- Highly customisable. All the settings you expect and would need.
- Local data encryption. If user1 works on files on their desktop, it remains encrypted to user1 even when they copy the files to USB or a network drive. That is, user2 cannot access the files on the USB or network drive. User1 must first decrypt the files before sharing.
- Low maintenance.
- Easy to set up.
- Easy to configure on the back-end.
- Different policies for different user classes.
- Should not default to only backing up some file types.
- Can't restore O365 through the client.
- Backup and restore are easy to implement.
- Adding equipment for users is easy
- GUI is very well thought out.
- Minor changes to the GUI could include: current profile of a user should be listed in Users view.
Druva inSync Scorecard Summary
What is Druva inSync?
Workforce mobility and the rise of cloud services is an essential part of any business, but it creates a number of challenges for IT. Data spread across devices and cloud services, unpredictable schedules, and varied network connections all complicate efforts to protect and govern enterprise information.
Druva inSync provides unified data protection, management, and information governance across endpoints and cloud applications. Delivered as-a-service, Druva inSync aims to simplify backup, archival, compliance, and device management to reduce the cost and complexity of protecting end user data, ensure regulatory compliance, and improve data visibility. With centralized management and self-help data recovery, the vendor proposes that users' mobile workforces are protected without impacting productivity.
Druva inSync Screenshots
Druva inSync Videos (2)
Druva inSync Downloadables
Druva inSync Integrations
Druva inSync Competitors
Druva inSync Pricing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
100% SaaS, 0% Infrastructure. Lower TCO by up to 50%. Informed decisions based on governed data.
Druva inSync Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Druva inSync Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Languages:||English, Japanese|