- Easy to use: The simplicity of its programming language allows fast learning. Visual environment to generate complex code.
- Robust: A fall of the system will not be a problem. Never again will information of the transactions in progress be lost. Never more messages lost.
- Connect to the world: The most popular connection is possible to implement quickly. FTP, File folder, TCP, SMPT, REST.... all method are ready to use. Only define "where" and "how"
- Expensive: It's expensive for small companies.
- It needs more memory and space on the hard disk than usual for other developments in other languages. The information is stored completely, so that too much information persists. It needs a great management of treatment of messages to avoid collapsing the system.
Ensemble was chosen as the best of breed technologies for application and technology integration. It sits at the heart of our technological innovation for automated robotic pharmacy dispensing systems within large hospital pharmacies as well as robotic prescription dispensing using pharmacy robotics with ATM style pharmacy dispensing units that link patients via cloud technology to pharmacy call centre users who advise patients on the medications they are collecting and other questions or issues that the patients require assistance with.
Ensemble is based on Cache, Europe, Russia and other regions supporting security ISO standards.
The most important aspect for Right ePharmacy is that Cache/Ensemble just works 24/7. Its reliability is unsurpassed.
- Fast Development.
- Incredible performance especially in the realm of massive transactional based data systems.
- Extensive and customizable adapter technologies for integration with just about any system/technology current IT development has need for in this day and age of developing single user interfaces to multiple data sources and/or applications.
- One of the most secure database technologies available.
- Given that Ensemble and Cache are one of if not the only true fully object orientated database/development technologies for massive transactional data systems its customizability is extensive and it just comes down to the creativity of the developer to get the products to pretty much do whatever they want to do with it. However, this is not necessarily obvious to newcomers to the technology.
- The developer community could do with greater participation from the software developers/application specialists and engineers within InterSystems.
- More extensive documentation and greater access to proven working solutions particularly in the realm of some of the lesser known or new and upcoming technologies.
- Best suited for fast development with a fundamental emphasis on object orientation
- Prohibitive costs for very small integration projects
Ensemble Scorecard Summary
Built-in Data and Message Repository
According to the vendor, Ensemble offers high-performance data processing, guaranteed message delivery, resumption of interrupted business processes, analytics of both real-time and historical data, and reliability due to its database mirroring technology.
Adapter Library and Framework
Ensemble adapters provide out-of-the-box connectivity and data transformations for packaged applications, databases, industry standards, protocols, and technologies – including SQL, HL7, SOAP, HTTP, FTP, SAP, TCP, LDAP, Pipe, Telnet, and Email. Object inheritance and SOAP services minimize the effort required to build any needed custom adapters. Using Ensemble’s unit testing service, custom adapters can be be tested without first having to complete the entire project.
Ensemble Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Ensemble Technical Details