Entrinsik Informer is a web-based Reporting and Business Intelligence (BI) application. It helps organizations transform real-time data into actionable information by delivering ad-hoc reporting, data analysis and interactive dashboards.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/nX/v6/JHQFTF3O54OS.jpegInformer, people are using and loving it without realizing they are using it.Entrinsik Informer is available for use by the entire organization while only a few power users from the main departments actually create their own queries. The product allows a single point for querying multiple systems and databases. The UI allows users not familiar with SQL query commands to easily create complex queries and compile results from multiple files to one output.,Allows the creation of custom fields using JavaScript to provide end users with data directly without the need to do post calculations or cleanup. Many times the results required need a calculation based on the data or a field that is not available for query so being able to code the data into the results helps end users run their reports on their schedule without having to work with a technician. The scheduling functionality allows different departments and users to plan ahead for their needs and either export or email the results. Scheduled reports comes in very handy when you need to export the data to third party companies or to a network location for batch processing. This allows us to provide current data with much more frequency. LiveExcel functionality gives you the ability to connect your query to Microsoft Excel so users do not need to log into the product to run the results. This also allows the creation of VBA Macros to process the data and provide users with the final product on demand.,The product has had its growing pains as newer versions have come out. The transfer of old queries to the newer systems has caused some duplication of mapped files or fields and they have not come up with a tool yet to help merge these duplication. Wish they had better internal reporting so I could easily find the different reports that are using links and the fields they are linking with. I have noticed, being an admin, that the more connections and reports that are available the slower the system becomes when opening it. It would be nice to have nothing come up first and then show more once I drill into the area I want.,8,Datatel Query Builder,8,8Entrinsik Informer: Higher Ed InstitutionEntrinsik Informer can be utilized by anyone with granted access at our institution. Access is granted when a specific need is expressed. At our institution, Enrinsik Informer serves to provide quick, detailed reports as it relates to our customer, or student, base. Additionally, users can create individual reports should our employer not already have one created to fit their specific need. I have yet to generate a report from scratch just yet, but with assistance from our IT department, who oversees the software, I have heard that it is pretty simple to do and allows users to get very specific with their queries.,Informer provides detailed, in-depth reports. Reports can be exported and manipulated for individual use through Excel. Allows organization/institution to work together and in a streamlined method. No need to continuously create the same report for different divisions.,Personally, I need continued practice with Informer to feel 100% confident when using it. Reports can take several steps to complete, can be a little complicated should you use it infrequently.,9Drowning in Ad-Hoc Reports? Get Entrinsik Informer!We use Entrinsik Informer as our reporting tool for our student information system. Any employee may request to be a user for Informer, but we really only have a select group of employees that use it regularly (including myself). We migrated to Informer due to Datatel (now Ellucian) eliminating Query Builder for reporting. Now that we have Informer, it is easier for end-users to create their own reports, which reduces the need to involve IT and thus the end-users get the data they need in a more timely manner.,Informer is pretty user-friendly. When teaching other employees how to use Informer, I typically don't have to repeat any steps or further explain how to do certain tasks because of how user-friendly it is. Reports in Informer are kept in a list that can be filtered by user, specific tags, or even by how recent the report was made or run. This makes it very quick and easy to find and run a specific report. Informer has many options for downloading the report output, including text (txt), comma separated values (csv), and even PDF.,There are a lot of reports that we have in Informer that say they have never been run, even though I know they have been run. So that makes it really difficult to determine which reports can be deleted to keep a tidy report list. The only other complaint I have about Informer is that there doesn't seem to be a properly detailed error code/message when the student information system can't be accessed. For example, I am currently trying to move Informer to its own standalone server and I get an error message saying that our license isn't valid. Informer Support sent a new license, which prompted the same message, and the only explanation they have given me is that Informer can't reach the student information system. I would think that if that were the case, the error message would say that instead of an invalid license.,9,,Dean Evans and Associates Event Management Software, Synoptix,7,9Great Product and Awesome Support!Simply and as succinctly as I can possibly make it - Informer is a great product that produces superior results right out of the box. It is a product we depend on every single day in our entire organization and it always produces great results and truly worth every last cent of investment. The enhancements over the years have taken an already great product and truly made it better and the company is always listening to their customers to better the product and add features that truly enhance the customer experience. We originally purchased Informer to report from a single U2 Data source, but it is now reporting from multiple data sources and solving more analytical problems than the simple reporting we originally purchased it to solve.,The ability to schedule using various methods of delivery or on-demand reporting to users in a secure way - Giving users access to the data source and selection and parameters that return what they need to see, but nothing more. The ability to report and link on multiple data sources and types. This makes it far easier for use to link SQL Data with U2 Data and provide functional reporting and analytics without having to create a warehouse in between. Support and Enhancements. They are always providing great things and the releases are far more stable than most other software that is released.,That is pretty difficult as we built the ROI on Informer solving a specific set of roles in the company. It has far exceeded the initial and current specifications, so we couldn't be happier. If I had to pick one thing, it would be to have employees geared to a specific industry for deployment and integration, but they have done a far better job than the others playing in the same ballpark.,10,,10,Initial ROI was met by having a reporting system that didn't take a huge chunk of resources from the system or Information Technology. The ability to schedule parameterized reports that go out to much of our staff on a weekly and monthly basis. Over time, we found more creative ways to utilize some of the live excel aspects of reporting to build analytical and graphical based reporting and forecasting. The ability to utilize native U2 commands, lists made it easier to port existing reporting and knowledge.,8,10Business Intelligence and ROI come naturally with Entrinsik Informer.The Informer product is used in a variety of ways across our whole university. The reports and dashboards provide up to date information in an easy to digest format. While a majority of the report and dashboard construction is housed in the Office of Systems Analysis, our users actively use and create reports to help with their operational and/or strategic decisions. From the ad hoc reports, to the scheduled reports to the automated processes, Informer is synonymous with efficiency and productivity on our campus.,Initially, Informer was chosen primarily because of how it handled our multi-valued database structure for our student information system. Since then it has expanded to a support a slew of database platforms. Our institution uses informer for internal and Federal reporting as well as a host of other data requests that come to our institution. Informer quietly and seamlessly drives several Business Intelligence initiative on our campus. The solutions provided range from supplying our online employee directory with accurate information to aiding the Financial Aid office in monitoring and projecting financial budgets.,Informer has room to grow in the dashboard delivered. While helpful and visually pleasing, they are not as robust as some of the other solutions that are more focused on the dashboards. The API leaves the opening for well-resourced organizations to enhance this area on their own. We make it a point to show Informer as a list generator and not a fully fleshed out report writer. There is room to grow here as well. It just so happens our users are much more used to extracting the data than generating a publishable report directly out of the Informer product. Over the years, Informer has expanded its capability to meet all of the needs initially. Some of the things I initially saw as weaknesses was because it didn't fit into the vision Entrinsik had set for its product.,10,,10,3,8,Creating selection criteria for each report is very logical and easy to follow. The UI makes the process very easy to handle the potentially complex nature of the data requests. Adding fields of data to the reports are a breeze. The drag and drop UI make the composition very quick and easy. The flexible nature of the calculated columns vastly extends the power of the report.,Informer won't let you tell it to do something it can't. It won't let you query against a field it can't see, etc. This can be confusing for some users, but I'm not sure how Entrinsik could improve it. Informer can support complex custom functions, and unless you are very adept at writing these functions, they can come across as difficult.,No,10,7
Windows, Linux, Mac
Entrinsik Informer

Entrinsik Reviews

Entrinsik
Showing 76 of 83 Entrinsik ratings and reviews.
August 31, 2017

Entrinsik Review: "Informer, people are using and loving it without realizing they are using it."

Pros and Cons

• Allows the creation of custom fields using JavaScript to provide end users with data directly without the need to do post calculations or cleanup. Many times the results required need a calculation based on the data or a field that is not available for query so being able to code the data into the results helps end users run their reports on their schedule without having to work with a technician.
  • The scheduling functionality allows different departments and users to plan ahead for their needs and either export or email the results. Scheduled reports comes in very handy when you need to export the data to third party companies or to a network location for Batch processing. This allows us to provide current data with much more frequency.
  • LiveExcel functionality gives you the ability to connect your query to Microsoft Excel so users do not need to log into the product to run the results. This also allows the creation of VBA Macros to process the data and provide users with the final product on demand.
  • The product has had its growing pains as newer versions have come out. The transfer of old queries to the newer systems has caused some duplication of mapped files or fields and they have not come up with a tool yet to help merge these duplication.
  • Wish they had better internal reporting so I could easily find the different reports that are using links and the fields they are linking with.
  • I have noticed, being an admin, that the more connections and reports that are available the slower the system becomes when opening it. It would be nice to have nothing come up first and then show more once I drill into the area I want.
Read Michael Harlow's full review
October 11, 2016

Review: "Entrinsik Informer: Higher Ed Institution"

Pros and Cons

• Informer provides detailed, in-depth reports.
  • Reports can be exported and manipulated for individual use through Excel.
  • Allows organization/institution to work together and in a streamlined method. No need to continuously create the same report for different divisions.
  • Personally, I need continued practice with Informer to feel 100% confident when using it.
  • Reports can take several steps to complete, can be a little complicated should you use it infrequently.
May 06, 2016

Review: "Drowning in Ad-Hoc Reports? Get Entrinsik Informer!"

Pros and Cons

• Informer is pretty user-friendly. When teaching other employees how to use Informer, I typically don't have to repeat any steps or further explain how to do certain tasks because of how user-friendly it is.
  • Reports in Informer are kept in a list that can be filtered by user, specific tags, or even by how recent the report was made or run. This makes it very quick and easy to find and run a specific report.
  • Informer has many options for downloading the report output, including text (txt), comma separated values (csv), and even PDF.
  • There are a lot of reports that we have in Informer that say they have never been run, even though I know they have been run. So that makes it really difficult to determine which reports can be deleted to keep a tidy report list.
  • The only other complaint I have about Informer is that there doesn't seem to be a properly detailed error code/message when the student information system can't be accessed. For example, I am currently trying to move Informer to its own standalone server and I get an error message saying that our license isn't valid. Informer Support sent a new license, which prompted the same message, and the only explanation they have given me is that Informer can't reach the student information system. I would think that if that were the case, the error message would say that instead of an invalid license.
Read Brian Pollitt's full review
June 30, 2016

Entrinsik Review: "Great Product and Awesome Support!"

Pros and Cons

• The ability to schedule using various methods of delivery or on-demand reporting to users in a secure way - Giving users access to the data source and selection and parameters that return what they need to see, but nothing more.
  • The ability to report and link on multiple data sources and types. This makes it far easier for use to link SQL Data with U2 Data and provide functional reporting and analytics without having to create a warehouse in between.
  • Support and Enhancements. They are always providing great things and the releases are far more stable than most other software that is released.
  • That is pretty difficult as we built the ROI on Informer solving a specific set of roles in the company. It has far exceeded the initial and current specifications, so we couldn't be happier.
  • If I had to pick one thing, it would be to have employees geared to a specific industry for deployment and integration, but they have done a far better job than the others playing in the same ballpark.
Read Todd Doster's full review
February 03, 2016

Review: "Business Intelligence and ROI come naturally with Entrinsik Informer."

Pros and Cons

• Initially, Informer was chosen primarily because of how it handled our multi-valued database structure for our student information system. Since then it has expanded to a support a slew of database platforms.
  • Our institution uses informer for internal and Federal reporting as well as a host of other data requests that come to our institution.
  • Informer quietly and seamlessly drives several Business Intelligence initiative on our campus. The solutions provided range from supplying our online employee directory with accurate information to aiding the Financial Aid office in monitoring and projecting financial budgets.
  • Informer has room to grow in the dashboard delivered. While helpful and visually pleasing, they are not as robust as some of the other solutions that are more focused on the dashboards. The API leaves the opening for well-resourced organizations to enhance this area on their own.
  • We make it a point to show Informer as a list generator and not a fully fleshed out report writer. There is room to grow here as well. It just so happens our users are much more used to extracting the data than generating a publishable report directly out of the Informer product.
  • Over the years, Informer has expanded its capability to meet all of the needs initially. Some of the things I initially saw as weaknesses was because it didn't fit into the vision Entrinsik had set for its product.
Read Jeffrey Jones's full review
May 10, 2016

Review: "Informer Entrinsik from a front-end user's perspective"

• Possible display of dictionary elements in 'plain' English
  • Multiple display formats for results
  • Intuitive navigation
  • Online availability of training
Read Anita Farris's full review
May 09, 2016

Entrinsik Review: "Put information into the right hands with Informer"

Pros and Cons

• Put information into the hands of those that need it for quick & easy access.
  • Allows security controls so the right people see the right information.
  • I wish it was easier to write reports on the fly.
  • I would love if I could save the report modifications I make for me to see each time (if I drag column somewhere, it does not stay that way when I open it again).
Read Karen Brenneman's full review
November 11, 2015

Review: "Entrinsik's Informer is a solid, versatile, and powerful reporting tool."

Pros and Cons

• Files and fields can be mapped and linked in Informer without the need to create computed columns within the Colleague environment, alleviating ad hoc requests to the I.T. department.
  • Scheduled reports can be created that will run if a range of criteria are met: users are not receiving scheduled reports that contain null/empty/blank values.
  • Quick links and Live Excel reports give users instant access to their most used and favorite reports.
  • Dashboard views give instant aggregate information essential during peak times: registration headcount, outstanding receivables, payroll tax deposits, enrollment and financial aid verification, etc.
  • If the reporting dashboard included a column on reporting sharing, if the report is public or restricted, would be very helpful. One must detail into each report to see if there are restrictions, which is not efficient.
  • It would be helpful to be able to modify the columns that are displayed on the reporting dashboard: add a column for last modified, add a column for sharing (report is public, shared, private), etc, at the global level, and ideally, at the user level.
  • Help information could be expanded, particularly on mapping and auto suggest type.
  • Helpful option to be able to selecting/view specific multi-values without normalizing the report view.
  • Include a list of common script samples within the application versus posting them to Entrinsik's forums.
Read Don Penrose's full review
November 11, 2015

Entrinsik Review: "Excellent product--Excellent company"

Pros and Cons

• Ease of use for end-users--drag and drop interface allows for users without database knowledge to create reports.
  • The ability to map Informer to multi-valued databases like Unidata/U2.
  • The ability to link multiple databases allows for endless opportunities for data integration.
  • Reliable, dependable, and extremely stable product that works seamlessly with upgrades.
  • Allows export of data in multiple formats to allow for external download of data.
  • The dashboard product (which we don't have but we have had a trial version in the past) allows for Google map plotting to view trends in applicant/student demographics.
  • While I don't think there is anything that is hard to use with Informer, additional functionality might be the ability to run multiple reports off of one query.
Read Noelle Hurley's full review
September 30, 2015

Review: "Entrinsik Informer Makes Reporting Fast and Easy"

Pros and Cons

• Reporting: Entrinsik Informer makes report writing easy. I have had to train a few employees on how to write reports and it is much easier to teach them the logic of how to write reports rather than teach them the syntax of a reporting language like SQL. Because they can drag and drop statements as well as columns in a report to meet their needs I can focus more on the logic then anything else.
  • Security: Entrinsik Informer is a very powerful reporting tool that can allow someone to pull massive amounts of information at one time. Having security for reports and what tables you can report from is very important. You can give a user access to just run one report that is given to them, or give a user access to make their own reports, or any combination of times. Having groups of who can see this report is also very helpful when your company has many departments with in it and each one has their own data.
  • Multiple Data Sources: Being able to link between more then one data source and report information from both sources is huge when it comes to writing reports. You don't have to worry about anything but setting up the initial link between the data sources and writing some reports. You can pull columns in from both data sources with ease then.
  • Scheduling: Being able to make a schedule that can export in almost any format from CSV to PDF to TXT file is a great plus. If a person who has a scheduled report has a MAC that does not Microsoft Office you can send them a PDF of the same data for viewing. Being able to generate fixed width text files allows for the porting of that data for some type of other processing such as adding users into active directory.
  • Allowing to put code behind a column instead of creating a calculated column and calling upon that one.
  • I would like to see a way to be able to copy and paste selection statements from report to report do you do not have to re-drag each item onto the screen.
  • Being able to save the fixed with outputs for text files such that it does not have to be a scheduled report, it could be one that you can launch and chose the export to be fixed with text file with the widths populated.
Read James Kastrantas's full review
January 07, 2016

Entrinsik Review: "Hands down, Informer is the icing on the cake!"

Pros and Cons

• Ease of Use - This product is almost self explanatory. Very little training is needed. The training videos developed by Entrinsik are wonderful.
  • Using javascript for calculated columns is a big plus as it's a language that many employees know, or can learn.
  • Dashboards - this product is the icing on the cake. No need to purchase and learn a different software package. It's all there with Entrinsik Informer.
  • I think the most difficult task in Informer was setting up the security. It's very flexible, which is both good and bad. I would like to see more detailed instructions or examples of different security settings.
  • Would love to have a feature on the dashboards that would allow a load "live" without having to "refresh". I would like to see this as a choice for refresh on opening or manually by user.
Read Lisa O'Dellick's full review
November 11, 2015

Review: "Entrinsik Informer Easy Reporting/Visualizations of Data"

Pros and Cons

• Reporting is key. Easy access to the data that is important to each office through user developed reports is very important. Reporting was an issue in the past, IT would have to create reports for end users and build computed fields to get data from multiple files with Entrinsik Informer this goes away almost entirely.
  • Scheduling - Having the ability to schedule a report and have it available to a person when they come into work each morning has been extremely beneficial. there is no more waiting for a report to run unless you need information from a non-scheduled report. Even then, reports run quickly and efficiently.
  • Dashboarding/Visualizations - the ability to provide end users a visual representation of the data that is important to them is fantastic. We use these visualizations to compare multiple years of data and make good business decisions.
  • Price - A low cost big bang for the buck reporting solution.
  • Additional visualizations would be beneficial, I would like to see a Funnel visualization, bubble charts etc.
  • The ability to do multiple normalizations on records would be a nice add-on but there would be issues as the number of rows created would expand exponentially based on the amount of data needing normalization.
Read Ron Darschewski's full review
July 08, 2015

Review: "Entrinsik Informer makes reporting life easier"

Pros and Cons

• Informer was the best solution for reporting directly off of a multi-valued database. We researched other multi-valued reporting solutions and Informer was absolutely the best.
  • Entrinsik has been very responsive to product suggestions. In the early days of our adoption of Informer we had many suggestions and most of our suggestions have made it into the product.
  • When Entrinsik added the ability to report off of SQL based databases it opened up a whole new world for us. We have many different systems on campus and now most of them are connected to Informer. It is really nice to provide a single reporting solution for our end users.
  • The ability to schedule reports has been fantastic. Before we had Informer all reports were run manually. This has saved us a lot of time.
  • One of the more recent changes that we have really liked is the ability to write javascript in the report to further manipulate data. Sometimes it is easier to use javascript in the report than creating fields at the database level. This has been a great added feature.
  • Being able to report off of multiple data sources in one report is extremely helpful. As mentioned before, we have quite a few different systems and there are times we need data from multiple systems and Informer handles this well. As long as the systems have a common key it is very easy to get data from multiple systems onto the same report.
  • Informers dashboard module is really nice but I would like to see additional functionality and visualizations added. For instance, our admissions office uses funnel reports and it would be nice to be able to use a funnel visualization to represent their funnel data.
Read Kyle Rima's full review
August 19, 2015

Entrinsik Review: "Informer, not just for Unidata"

Pros and Cons

• Security is much more robust than what we had with the standard reporting tools we had. We can secure files, restrict users from certain actions.
  • Scheduling reports has been a god-send. Our users have set up more than 100 scheduled reports to reduce the amount of repetitive tasks they have to perform annually.
  • Having a centralized report storage area allows our users to share reports and work collaboratively.
  • Informer, like any other reporting tool, can be a resource hog. We are working to optimize performance. Some of it is us but I think we can do a better job with it.
  • In the newest release, they have sent better security functionality but I still have difficulty with reports not being tied to a specific session that I can kill manually.
  • If you are already an Informer user, I would like to be able to save the Analytics and schedule them. (See, every time they come out with something neat, we want more).
Read Nakamura Dean's full review
August 19, 2015

Entrinsik Review: "Informer: Data at Your Fingertips in Minutes"

Pros and Cons

• Entrinsik has an plethora of supportive resources. They are always willing to listen and help develop a solution, if we cannot find one on our own. We've also taken advantage of their regional training classes and have attended the valuable ICON conferences.
  • Entrinsik Informer is the "best bang for your buck". It's cost effective for institutions, particularly those who have financial strains, and yet provides a thorough solution to meet most reporting needs.
  • Entrinsik is constantly adding functionality to the product, which is exciting. They are a truly innovative, professional company that I admire and think everyone should use.
  • The flexibility to connect Informer to multiple types of databases is another invaluable feature of this product. It helps to seamlessly integrate our systems.
  • Include more delivered functions with the product (which I believe Entrinsik is already planning for in future releases).
  • Improve the "Last Executed Date" to be accurate or display the "Date Created" instead. Most of the reports say "Never Executed" and that's not true. Nearly all of our reports have been executed at least once, because we test the reports once they are written.
Read Theresa M. Frachalla's full review
August 19, 2015

Entrinsik Review: "How did we function without it?"

Pros and Cons

• The terms are easily understood. Our report writers and users have an easy time plotting the data to make sure they are receiving the information they need.
  • The ability to schedule on-going reports has been a tremendous time saver. We currently have 260 reports running in a "hands off" mode so they can be delivered to upper management for their needs. Included in this list is a pool of "audit" reports where supervisors can receive a report if there are issues with common data entry standards.
  • Security is easy to manage. We are able to allow all of the appropriate granular security with each user group.
  • The ability to use LiveExcel interaction with our database allows some of our administrative assistants to use their Windows Office skills rather than having to login to the tool itself.
  • While we do like the new Dashboards, the scale-ability of the graphical representation would be helpful.
  • We had developed a list of "wishes" and submitted them to the Entrinsik forum... and lo and behold, when release 4.4.1 came out, the issues were addressed! We particularly needed the ability to copy parts of the set up from one instance to another. We continue to be users of the Wiki and Forums available to clients.
Read John Bowker's full review
July 08, 2015

Entrinsik Review: "It's a great product, we couldn't get along with out it."

Pros and Cons

• Informer is really easy to use. Simple drag and drop functionality helps the end user build their reports.
  • Entrinsik's support is exceptional. Any time I've ever called with a problem it was solved in a short amount of time.
  • Connecting to multiple databases is a breeze.
  • They need to bring back the functionality when searching for a report you just type in part of the name. That works great, but if you detail out of a report and then back out to the search results, the results are cleared and you have to re-type your search to get the results you had. This used to work before but with the newest update it does not.
Read Bryan Horstman's full review
September 30, 2015

Entrinsik Review: "Entrinsk Informer for Public Safety"

• Easy of Use
  • Intuitive user interface
  • Rapid deployment capabilities and ability to disseminate information on a wide scale
  • Entrinsik puts powerful tools in front of many users just not a selected few
  • The only item I saw in the past was the library used for gauges which I do believe has been fixed.
Read Joseph Riquelme's full review
April 08, 2015

Entrinsik Review: "Informer, a tool that every institution needs in their toolbox"

Pros and Cons

• The layout of the interface is very intuitive, it makes it more simple to actually create great reports
  • Ease of use for all different types of users. Those that are new to reporting find Informer a great tool
  • Entinsik as a company will listen to the users and take comments to heart and try and find ways to make it better.
  • Entrinsik customer service has always been a great help and have gotten back to me in a very timely manner
  • With the newest update to the program we have found that it runs quite a bit slower
  • They need a way to quit "run away reports" we sometimes have users that will create huge reports and when the set them off they take the system down.
Read Jerry Fowler's full review
March 18, 2015

Entrinsik Review: "Informer provides great value to our customer base."

Pros and Cons

• Informer allows our customer base to access their data and create their own reports.
  • Informer's interface is very simple to use. Our customers learn how to build reports in a very short amount of time.
  • Everyone wants to get the data out and Informer allows them to schedule reports via email or extract the data to a variety of different formats very easily.
  • We have had a few scalability issues as we have grown the number of customers using the tool quite rapidly, but Entrinsik has been a great partner with us working to overcome the challenges we have encountered along the way.
Read Christopher Kennedy's full review
March 18, 2015

User Review: "Entrinsik Informer ROCKS!"

• Ease of use
  • Ability to export analytics
  • Ability to join files with a common key, making reporting applicable to specific data questions
  • I'd like to see Entrinsik expand its menu of scripts that are provided for use.
  • I'd also appreciate an expanded how-to manual as a pdf on calculated columns and dashboarding.
Read Stephanie Holliman's full review
January 05, 2015

Entrinsik Review: "Get Consistent real-time Unidata Reporting with Informer."

Pros and Cons

• Informer easily can link tables from a variety of data sources. Reports can easily be created using both fields and JavaScript formulas using feature rich drag and drop column placement
  • Immediately Informer’s LIVE Excel feature is a time saver. Users no longer have to wait for someone else to provide them with real-time data.
  • Informer’s ability to link related Colleague tables together is what allows more data to be collected together on a single report.
  • Entrinsik should provide at least some usage reports, including a report on reports, report usage statistics including most used and least used.
Read Ed McClusky's full review
April 08, 2015

Entrinsik Review: "Informer - A great product."

Pros and Cons

• Very user friendly for our endusers
  • Many ways to report the data, pdf, excel, savedlists, etc
  • Reports are easily changed to fit many needs of different departments
  • On occasion when we get errors, the explanation could be better.
Read Martha McInnis's full review
November 11, 2014

Review: "Make Life Easier with Entrinsik Informer"

Pros and Cons

• Easy to create reports based on specific selection criteria
  • Reports can be delivered in a variety of ways- Excel, Live Excel, PDF, CSV, Saved Lists, etc.
  • Easy to schedule reports to have delivered via email to different people around our College at various times.
  • As technology advances, there is always room for improvements, but I think Informer does a very good job of staying up-to-date with the latest cutting edge technologies. One improvement I would like to see is an area specifically for report schedules that can be easily edited.
  • Another improvement would be speed. You can never have enough speed in processing reports.
Read Sarah Gaither's full review
November 06, 2014

Entrinsik Review: "Informer as a User Friendly Solution"

Pros and Cons

• The Informer reporting tool is easy to use for users of all levels of technical expertise.
  • The Informer reporting tool does not require IT support to create reports. Users can create, run and modify reports without requiring IT resources.
  • The flexibility of security administration allows us to grant users access to only the data sources, files, fields, and reports related to their specific jobs.
  • The Informer dashboards allow immediate access to statistics and key performance indicators. Charts and graphs can be designed in minutes to reflect various report results in graphic form.
  • Informer allows us the flexibility of reporting out of multiple databases.
  • Entrinsik is working to remedy issues related to server memory usage. They are very open to user feedback and consider the relationship with their clients to be priority.
Read Kara Bosch's full review

Pixel Perfect reports (1)
5.5
Customizable dashboards (5)
Report Formatting Templates (5)
Drill-down analysis (7)
6.7
Formatting capabilities (8)
Integration with R or other statistical packages (1)
Report sharing and collaboration (8)
Publish to Web (3)
Publish to PDF (7)
Report Versioning (2)
Report Delivery Scheduling (5)
9.2
Multi-User Support (named login) (9)
Role-Based Security Model (8)
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete) (7)

About Entrinsik

Informer 5 from Entrinsik is a data discovery and analytics tool that aims to simplify the process of accessing, cleansing, blending, and analyzing data from multiple sources. According to the vendor, with Informer, companies can aggregate all their disparate data into a single platform using an intuitive, 100% web-based interface that replaces outdated query tools and complicated reporting systems.

The tool aims to eliminate the need for data warehouses and cubes, and eliminate complicated “views” and limited functionality. With extensible architecture, collaborative environment, and enterprise-level performance, Informer aims to deliver actionable insights and better, data-driven decisions for its customers.

Entrinsik Features

BI Platform Features
Does not have featureAdministration via Windows App
Does not have featureAdministration via MacOS App
Has featureAdministration via Web Interface
Has featureLive Connection to External Data
Has featureSnapshot of External Data
Has featureIn-memory data model
Does not have featureOLAP (Pre-processed cube representation)
Does not have featureROLAP (SQL-layer querying)
Has featureMulti-Data Source Reporting (Blending)
Does not have featureData warehouse / dictionary layer
Does not have featureETL Capability
Does not have featureETL Scheduler
Supported Data Sources Features
Has featureMS Excel Workbooks
Has featureText Files (CSV, etc)
Has featureOracle
Does not have featureSalesforce
Does not have featureSAP
Does not have featureGoogle Analytics
BI Standard Reporting Features
Does not have featurePixel Perfect reports
Has featureCustomizable dashboards
Has featureReport Formatting Templates
Ad-hoc Reporting Features
Has featureDrill-down analysis
Has featureFormatting capabilities
Does not have featurePredictive modeling
Does not have featureIntegration with R or other statistical packages
Has featureReport sharing and collaboration
Report Output and Scheduling Features
Has featurePublish to Web
Has featurePublish to PDF
Does not have featureOutput Raw Supporting Data
Has featureReport Versioning
Has featureReport Delivery Scheduling
Has featureDelivery to Remote Servers
Data Discovery and Visualization Features
Has featurePre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Has featureLocation Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Does not have featurePredictive Analytics
Does not have featureSupport for Machine Learning models
Does not have featurePattern Recognition and Data Mining
Does not have featureIntegration with R or other statistical packages
Access Control and Security Features
Has featureMulti-User Support (named login)
Has featureRole-Based Security Model
Has featureMultiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Has featureReport-Level Access Control
Has featureTable-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Has featureField-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Does not have featureSingle Sign-On (SSO)
Mobile Capabilities Features
Has featureResponsive Design for Web Access
Does not have featureDedicated iOS Application
Does not have featureDedicated Android Application
Has featureDashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile
Application Program Interfaces (APIs) / Embedding Features
Has featureREST API
Does not have featureJavascript API
Does not have featureiFrames
Does not have featureJava API
Does not have featureThemeable User Interface (UI)
Does not have featureCustomizable Platform (Open Source)

Entrinsik Screenshots