https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/T3/KI/JVECOPT0CJWO.PNGGainsight made our lives easier and happierWe are currently using Gainsight within Customer Success. We use it to automate some account processes such as renewals and contact management. We use the Rules Engine to generate Calls to Action for CSMs as well as make modifications to account records. We also use Gainsight to send mass communications and our NPS survey.,Gainsight makes reporting from various data sources very easy and intuitive. It is easy to generate reports on-the-fly and add visualization before publishing to a Dashboard. It is also easy to re-arrange data to make it faster to create reports or generate contact lists to use for outreaches. The Rules Engine is a powerful tool for generating Calls to Action as well as being able to update fields on account records. The Program function in Journey Orchestrator allows us to send a variety of email communications especially with multiple message variants and if we need to send follow-up emails automatically or create a Call to Action for the CSM. The shareable functions of Gainsight - Share 360, Success Plans - are really great features for being able to provide additional value to customers and provide them insights into their account and usage. Timeline is so much more robust than creating activities or tasks just within CRM. Timeline provides a way to track meetings and other events, add multiple participants, and even create follow-up tasks (CTAs). The Support from Gainsight as well as the Community has been very important to helping us get the result we want quickly.,It would be helpful to have more integration with email and calendar applications so that email could be sent from within Gainsight from any email within Email Assist (CTAs), or CSM calendars could sync to the Timeline function on the C360 view. Reporting is a great feature but it could be more aligned with how we can build datasets within Rules Engine or Program queries (bionic), allowing us to combine data from different sources without having to create a new data table to query. Folders, folders, folders - we build a lot of email templates, outreaches, and rules, and there is currently no way to organize these so it just becomes a giant list that has be queried to find the one item you want to work with.,9,9,We haven't fully developed Executive-level dashboard views but we are able to quickly give this visibility if needed as well as email reports as needed. There are some ideas for showing retention trends and forecasting that we'd like to explore soon.,We've seen the most improvement in efficiency. As a result, we've been able to hire fewer employees for certain positions in Customer Success. The Rules Engine in Gainsight has given us a way to quickly identify customers that might be having issues and require follow-up from CSMs proactively, whereas before we had no way other than being reactive. We've been able to reduce staff time on activities that can be automated allowing contributors more time for more proactive or difficult workflows.,We are integrated directly to Salesforce, which is bi-directional. Many of our other systems integrate with Salesforce, which we then pull into Gainsight. We've looked into possibly adding additional data sources into Gainsight - such as Jira and our data from our online community.,Yes,Yes,Support took the time to explain a difficult and less-than-well-documented feature of Gainsight. After resolution it was something that I could then much more easily use, understand, and explain to others so that we could replicate results. This happened in a similar way with another feature and I was given a great alternative that ultimately produced a much better result.The powerful tool that is GainsightWe use Gainsight primarily in Customer Success, although this has begun to branch into opportunities in Tech Support, Field Services, and Education Services. Our primary business problems Gainsight addresses are as follows: Process automationEmail automationMass communications to current customersDeliverable organization & reporting,Mass email automation. We have been able to better scale our business , while still engaging with customers, through the use of Gainsight. Process automation. I have been able to stay on top of our data and and efficiency goals via the use of Gainsight. We have also been able to add and improve some of our offerings via the capabilities of Gainsight.,Documentation. They have improved in the volume of documentation recently, but the search-ability and usability is still lacking. I know the features are there, but it is sometimes difficult to understand how to use them. Product Usability. Again, like documentation, the product is immense. I just wish it was more naturally intuitive. I like to compare software to the Apple platform. They are the pinnacle of user-friendly. I think Gainsight could learn a lot about the simple, yet powerful, framework of software like Apple's.,9,9,This is something of growing importance to us. Traditionally, this has not been something that we worried about, but our senior leaders have a growing interest. I feel that within the next year we will need to create and utilize processes to keep our executives aware of key accounts. I know that Gainsight has the tools to help us in this area.,We have increased our on-time renewal percentage year-over-year through automated renewal outreaches and other processes. This has also increased efficiency of our renewals team. We started offering executive business reviews in 2017 and Gainsight has given us the tools to deliver. Early feedback from customers is immensely positive in this area. Our NPS survey implementation has offered us our first real, unfiltered feedback from customers. It also gave us a short list of advocates that we could leverage for our Marketing and Sales teams.,Bullhorn,We also connect Pendo and Amazon S3. These are new integrations for us, so we are still learning here. We also send Gainsight info to DOMO for some advanced dashboards (which works great)!,60,3,Scalability Creative Insights Proactive Outreach,Share internal data and customer information directly with customers Increase scale of accounts per CSM through automation,Advanced automated onboarding Sales staff awareness Easy access to customer information via Slack,10,Calendly,No,Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation,I wouldn’t. We got the right product and are paying a fair price.,Implemented in-house,Poor buy-in from our organization Wrong person assigned to the job internally,7,Yes,Yes,Gainsight has a practice of alerting me when a bug MAY have impacted my account. They proactively reach out and let me know about the situation and offer to investigate for me. No pressure or work on my end. Then they report back with the impact and we take action together. This is amazing and something I greatly value.,Cockpit Surveys Rules,Journey Orchestrator Scorecards C360 Setup,Yes,8Keep your fingers on the pulse of your customers with GainsightGainsight operationalizes the customer experience consistently across the Ceridian North American customer base. Customer success resources proactively engage customers based on calls to action from Gainsight. It also captures the “pulse” of the customer to objectively reflect a customer status assessment based on a large variety of factors. This information allows Ceridian to take the right action to deeply engage customers and correct situations that need special attention. Unlike reactionary support solutions, Gainsight is used proactively to keep customers successful before they go “off track”.Gainsight is a critical component to the company technology stack that drives the activities of the award-winning Ceridian XOXO Customer Success program activities. It draws from Salesforce and many other systems to distill critical information for the users and management about the Ceridian Customer base. It also feeds other solutions with the real-time customer sentiment so they can be engaged accordingly.Without the scalable operationalization of the CX NPS will suffer. Gainsight allows team members to deliver a consistent great CX!,Gainsight provides a large team with a consistent playbook of tasks that result in a consistent operationalized customer experience. IF an organization is seeking the same high quality experience for customers from Toronto to Tempe they will appreciate the calls to action that present tasks for their team members and the dashboards that allow the team management to have insight into the programs success. Along with a phenomenal product, the Gainsight team members are great business partners for success. From the regular meetings to share best practices to the partnering to integrate their solution with others, they are great business partners. Gainsight delivers on its product road map. If you have an opportunity, watch a Karl Rumelhart product road map presentation to see the direction of Customer Success!,I'd recommend new Gainsight users keep initial configurations simple to allow focus and faster ROI. Many users, my own instance included can grow quickly to try to accomplish too much. Controlled quality growth, and product configuration scope, would be a good mantra to keep in mind.,10,10,Annual Recurring Revenue is the most important success metric for a SaaS organization. Gainsight provides insight into the customer experience from a granular account level view to a high-level overall business segment view for the C-suite. Customer Success managers are prompted with individual account level tasks while more senior managers and executives incorporate dashboards into their weekly routines to have real-time insight into the accounts delivering the ARR.,Ceridian prides itself on delivering the best customer experience through the XOXO Customer Success program and the other customer facing departments. Ceridian is regularly recognized as an industry leader for customer success program value to the organization. This program would not be possible without Gainsight. Gainsight is used to proactively identify and take action on at risk accounts and this has given us a much better chance to save the account and reduce churn. Gainsight's ability to create a health score from several objective factors has allowed Ceridian to systematically identify potential reference customers who in turn engage prospects to drive additional revenues.,,Salesforce is tightly integrated with Gainsight to the point where our CSMs can spend a bulk of their time in Gainsight views without the need to go to SalesForce to complete what would be redundant tasks. Influitive's AdvocateHub is the customer-facing portal that allows customers to review and accept or decline opportunities that are mutually beneficial to the customers and to Ceridian. Based on their actions and sentiment Gainsight triggers calls to action to engage the customer with the award-winning XOXO CX.,60,2,New customer engagement NPS Survey follow up Reacting to customer advocacy activities Regular executive busienss reviews End of year assistance,Gainsight sentiment is consistently captured and that score is passed to Influitive's AdvocateHub solution to target the right opportunities to the right customers based on their current sentiment.,9,Influitive AdvocateHub, Upland RO Innovation,No,Gainsight has reached out to engage a wide variety of Ceridian team members to assist with their unique areas of business. For example, our NPS Survey team was interested in migrating to Gainsight's survey capabilities and the Gainsight team engaged them directly and answered their questions and coached them on best practices.,9Gainsight is Great!We needed to get a better understanding of churn in our organization, but also to get a better understanding of our customer base. Gainsight allows us to track customer satisfaction and create scorecards that help us work better with our customers. We can be more proactive than reactive to customer issues and concerns.,Calls to Action - When certain conditions are met that we have created, Gainsight will alert the proper personnel to take the next steps. Single pane of glass - Gainsight allows us to see everything about a customer in a single view, utilizing various graphs and easy to understand information. Communication - Gainsight allows us to reach out to all or specific segments of our customer base. We can send informational, marketing or surveys and track customer response over time.,Gainsight does not integrate well with all systems. Must have Salesforce to use Gainsight. Better documentation on integration or assistance. Gainsight can do a better job at ensuring their customers are utilizing the product to the best of their ability.,10,8,Visibility is extremely important as we need to be able to check the pulse of the customer at any given time. Gainsight allows us to create scorecards for customers so we can prioritize which customers may need some extra love. We can also review account management and how they are working with their customers to ensure renewals and outreach are being addressed.,We use Gainsight to improve retention by scoring our customers and prioritizing which ones we need to reach out to. Gainsight allows us to directly contact specific segments of our customer base so we can send different communications to the different tier levels we have. Gainsight allows us to see which customers are coming up for renewal and who we need to reach out to, to start the renewal process.,TotangoGain productivity with Gainsight!Gainsight is used extensively by the Customer Success team in my company. It is useful to track health scores of clients and to identify potential churns due to various triggers. The cockpit function was really useful in getting us to reach out to clients in a timely manner for business updates.,The cockpit function which uses the "Call to Action" function is really useful in ensuring we track engagement with all our clients The health scores are useful to identify potential churns and we can take remedial actions to address them before the renewal date The newly added timeline feature is useful for tracking key activities with clients,For the timeline feature, I wish there was a easy way to download a single report highlighting the key activities done with each client,8,4,Visibility into customer accounts is very important. The executives in my company have various dashboards set up to track different client metrics as well as financial statistics.,With Gainsight, our retention numbers are maintained at well over 90%. Gainsight has made me more efficient with my work process as I can get an overview of what's happening with all my clients at a glance. Any red flags that are triggered allow me to take proactive actions and clients are also appreciative of that.,Salesforce is connected to Gainsight.
Gainsight

Gainsight Reviews

Gainsight
Top Rated Award
Showing 90 of 318 Gainsight ratings and reviews.

John Applebaugh profile photo
December 01, 2018

Review: "Gainsight made our lives easier and happier"

Support

Gainsight has helped us accomplish much of what we set out to do. The limitations we encounter now have a lot to do with how much we are pushing the product for our needs. I am happy with how responsive support has been to our tickets and helpful at answering details around expected behavior. Documentation is good but there are some places where more information would be helpful. Product development is actively involved in answering questions on the Community portal and training has helped fill in some gaps in best practices.
Read John Applebaugh's full review
Ben Michael profile photo
November 30, 2018

User Review: "The powerful tool that is Gainsight"

Support

I always receive help and timely responses. However, I don't always feel that the context of my questions or issues is understood. I think the team could go from very good to excellent if they were able to bridge the gap between technical product knowledge and recommended/popular customer workflows more effectively.
Read Ben Michael's full review
Carlos Gonzalez profile photo
November 29, 2018

Review: "Keep your fingers on the pulse of your customers with Gainsight"

Support

Ceridian is a very dynamic organization that pushes the envelope of the solutions deployed beyond their out of the box feature set. When Ceridian has special needs Gainsight brings the right people to the table quickly. The Gainsight team, without exception, is responsive, professional and very fun to work with. Great partners!
Read Carlos Gonzalez's full review
Mark Peterson profile photo
September 04, 2018

Review: "Gainsight is by far the BEST CSM solution out there!"

Support

I have had many questions and every time I have been blown away by the overwhelming support of Gainsight. They are always fast to respond to my inquiries and have never failed to come up with a solution. We've had some tricky issues in the past that took a while to get through but the support team held meetings with me to help walk through everything and we've always gotten past the finish line. Top notch customer support!
Read Mark Peterson's full review
Jen Molitor profile photo
September 04, 2018

Gainsight Review: "A great tool with amazing people"

Support

The support team is wonderful! They are very responsive to questions and never just send you a link to a support article. They also have AMAZING documentation! They keep it current throughout all the iterations and changes and do a great job having content created before you know you need it. Did I mention that when needed, they take actual videos of the solution so you can mimic it in your environment? I've worked with many of the support team and have never been anything but impressed with each one of them.
Read Jen Molitor's full review
Katie Baker profile photo
August 22, 2018

Review: "Setting my sights on a long future with Gainsight!"

Support

Support platform is incredibly easy to use and track all previously submitted requests. Their team is knowledgeable but also not afraid to escalate an issue to their upper tier support team when needed. Their support team is also very active/vocal on their community platform, supporting customer idea requests and serving as a liaison between the customer and product teams.
Read Katie Baker's full review
Kevin Heraly profile photo
August 21, 2018

"Gainsight review - 300+ Client Success Manager group"

Support

I have literally never submitted a ticket, or had my support team submit a ticket, that didn't get resolved. There are times that it can take a while, but that is because of the complexity of the issue and development needed, not because of the skill or caring of the support person within GS.
Read Kevin Heraly's full review
Christian Falkenberg profile photo
December 14, 2018

Gainsight: "Great tool for Customer Success Management - fun to use and administrate"

Support

The support team is just awesome! The response time is pretty fast and most of the cases helpful. We also have a Customer Success Manager helping us in using Gainsight and pointing us to features we have not used yet. In the beginning of our journey along side with Gainsight we had a workshop with our CSM from Gainsight and our whole CSM team. That helped us a lot.
Read Christian Falkenberg's full review
Eve Belanger profile photo
November 27, 2018

Review: "Gainsight Takes the Guessing out of Customer Success"

Support

Our CSM is great! From a support standpoint, there has been an improvement. In the past, sometimes when connecting with support for an issue it seemed as though they didn't have any insight into our account/workflow/integrations. This has improved though.
Read Eve Belanger's full review
Star Hofer profile photo
August 31, 2018

"Gainsight Review"

Support

The support team that you communicate with via the web or within the app deserves a 8-9. The team assigned to you as a CSM who is supporting your growth of the application is who i am granting a 6 for.
Read Star Hofer's full review
January 10, 2019

Review: "Gainsight is a solid tool for everything customer success and beyond!"

Support

Incredible support at Gainsight. Gainsight is a pretty complex system as is, but I've always received great and timely support. We have had a lot of specific use cases that are unique to our company and between our CSM, help desk, and online support Gainsight has solved every issue.
December 07, 2018

Gainsight Review: "Go with the obvious market leader in customer success"

Support

Dedicated team of professionals with a depth of knowledge that is readily available; forgiving services model; executive team is open and readily available for escalations and engagement. Our account manager is aligned to our interest, low-pressure upset model. All around goodness. Probably our best vendor/partner.

Role-based user permissions (126)
API (94)
Integration with Salesforce.com (161)
9.4
Integration with Marketo (41)
Integration with Eloqua (16)
Product usage (155)
Help desk / support tickets (128)
NPS surveys (132)
9.2
Sponsor tracking (128)
Customer profiles (154)
Automated workflow (167)
Internal collaboration (153)
Customer health scoring (167)
9.6
Customer segmentation (142)
Customer health trends (158)
Engagement analytics (138)
Revenue forecasting (85)
9.2
Dashboards (166)

About Gainsight

Gainsight says they enable business transformation through their passionate community, proven expertise, and cutting edge technology. In addition to the largest customer success community, the vendor says they also have a diverse, 333+ customer base spanning across Fortune 1000 companies such as HP, Cisco and Adobe and growth businesses like Box and Shopify.

Via their community and customers, Gainsight says they have developed deep expertise around customer success best practices which are embedded into the product. Additionally, the vendor says 50% of their company headcount is dedicated to R&D, and that their platform can serve business needs across various customer segments. The vendor’s value proposition is that their product innovations are consistently first to market and built to scale from day one.

Gainsight says their customers see an average of 4% higher retention and 20% faster growth than their peers.

Gainsight Features

Customer Data Extraction / Integration Features
Has featureProduct usage
Has featureHelp desk / support tickets
Has featureOnline customer community
Has featureIntegration with Eloqua
Has featureCustomer360
Has feature4D Analytics
Has featureCustomer Lifecycle Cockpit
Has featureIn-product best practices library of resources
Has feature60 second video message to Customers

Gainsight Competitors

Totango, Amity, Service Source

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Entry-level set up fee?Required

Based on a per user/per month model.

Gainsight Customer Size Distribution