https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/T3/KI/JVECOPT0CJWO.PNGGainsight is a great customer success toolOur customer success team uses Gainsight to measure our deployment health, project manage our deployments, and send customer emails.,Gainsight's rules engine is really straightforward to use and I love that someone with little programming knowledge can set up rules to fire Calls to Action and make sure project tasks are getting completed. The ability to use the tool to look at customer usage and pull that data into emails is really huge. We haven't been able to use that feature just yet, but I'm looking forward to using it with our clients soon. Measuring health of our deployments, in a standard fashion, across the team, is really important. It allows us to see and address risks before they become bigger issues.,We'd like to see the reports function become more useful. We want to be able to pull data from multiple objects without having to set up complex custom MDA tables and rules, and we should be able to include tables from the reports in emails. I'd also like to see relationship health reporting become more robust. I currently have to export our relationship health scores every Monday morning to a customized google sheet in order to color the values and provide that as the executive report to our leadership team. Setting up and testing outreaches could also be easier. It should be much more straightforward to put together test outreach lists. Sending out reports from the dashboard function is fairly crude. The powerpoint formatting is not well done and as a result the reports don't look very professional and I think often get ignored when sent to our team. We should be able to export the dashboard in an email format to our internal team.,8,6 to 10 people,Boosted employee efficiency Increased Customer Success team visibility within the organization,I use the Gainsight community for support questions often and really value that the Product Team is active within the forums. It makes me feel as if my voice and requests are being heard.,New Customer to GainsightGainsight is utilized by our organization within our Relationship Management team, which is our more strategic client management group, as well as our Client Experience Managers (also known as CSMs in the Gainsight world). The Client Experience Managers are our heavy users of Gainsight and primarily use Gainsight to manage client lifecycle engagement. It helps ensure our CEMs are engaging on a regular cadence with our client base.,Visually engaging UI and ease of navigation. Consolidation of client data in one view that is easy for our CEMs to navigate and review prior to clients' meetings and calls. Seamless integration with SalesForce so our users really feel like they're in one application.,The rules engine! It's clearly built for technical resources. Not being able to utilize query functionality such as current quarter, prior quarter, this year, etc...instead of having to use what feels like a formula to calculate a date range can be frustrating. I have nightmares about # of N days from rule date. Gainsight Dashboard stickiness. It often causes issues with our users. Would love to see a reset to default or something that easily resets to the default dashboard filters or clear filters. This would be a huge help. Global Filters are the enemy....I hate having to always clone a report that really I have to rebuild just so I don't have to add all my global filters. It's just clunky.,7,26 to 50 people,Improve retention Resolve customer issues Boost employee efficiency,The Gainsight Community has been a great help as the Gainsight administrator. I often search the community to review other clients' experience with functionality and for tips to optimize how we're utilizing Gainsight. I've been able to attend Pulse as a customer who just signed and had not gone live last year to this year where I look forward to attending Pulse as a live customer with more insight and knowledge to aid in my discussions and sessions.Does not disappoint!Our team uses Gainsight to manage customer success activities throughout the lifecycle of our software deployments. It allows our team to stay coordinated, identify and manage risks across our company and communicate with our customers. We also use Gainsight to standardize many of our internal and external processes through the use of playbooks. Our executives value the transparency that it provides for our portfolio.,Through use of the scorecard feature, Gainsight allows us to manage risk across many complex enterprise deployments. Via playbooks, it has allowed us to standardize our processes and automate many key activities for the team. With the integration into Salesforce it has allowed our customer success and sales teams to collaborate more effectively.,We're satisfied with our Gainsight purchase and don't see any areas for improvement worth noting. Our team frequently comments on the community and feel like we're being heard.,10,11 to 25 people,Gainsight has helped us boost retention by 5% Gainsight has helped us boost employee efficiency by allowing our CSMs to grow account load by 40% Gainsight has improved inter-company risk management processes thus allowing us to get ahead of critical customer issues.,Our CS operations team uses the community extensively to gain ideas, learn best practices or identify product features that can help our business. The response and support from both Gainsight and community members are a reason that we continue to use the community as a trusted reference source. We haven't use Customer Success University yet. Some of our team spent some time at Pulse last year and gave it very high marks for the value of the content and sessions.,Totango and NateroGainsight: Making Customer Success More ManageableI recently worked for a social media marketing SaaS company with several software products available to large enterprise customers and Gainsight was implemented across the Customer Success organization, specifically the Customer Partner group. Prior to Gainsight, the Customer Partnerships team had no direct line of sight into the usage data of our customers. During any given period of time, we were unable to understand if our customers were successfully using the software they had subscribed to. Gainsight was able to address this gap by providing valuable usage data and insights critical to helping the Customer Partner group clearly understand which specific customers were in need of deeper servicing and support.,Automatic recurring usage reports: This is a nice feature that takes the burden off of the user having to manually pull reports. Reports can be set up to be delivered via email, at a specific cadence, and provided an at-a-glance overview of customer usage data for a specific time period. Customer360: Gainsight does a good job of providing a centralized area of their product where users can see an up-to-date view of their entire customer portfolio and then drill down into specific accounts to better understand overall customer heath, contract value, contract duration, and important account notes. Gainsight excels at integrating with other systems, for example our Client Success team needed to be able to hook into our training groups management tool and quickly see how many existing training credits a customer might have and when they were expiring. Having this information available inside Gainsight saved us valuable time by providing us with information that was historically hard to obtain.,Using Gainsight for any kind of substantial "task management" seemed to fall short. The result was having to use several additional tools outside of Gainsight. For example, it would be nice to have a Gmail integration where emails could be turned into tasks within Gainsight. One area where there is room for more improvement is reporting. The UI still seems clunky and not as intuitive as it could be. This area of the product could benefit from an overhaul focused on both UI/ease of use and data access. Integration with Linkedin is a feature that could add a ton of value for customer success teams, however, it was never reliable and often fired off alerts about org changes that were false.,8,Gainsight had a very positive impact on the Customer Success Team's ability to have a clear line-of-sight and tracking around customer usage.,JIRA Service Desk, Slack, WebEx Meetings,26 to 50 peopleA review from an average userCurrently being used with our Sales & Churn organization. Its being used to understand future needs of companies and get consistency with different people for the same task.,Great at surveys, great at combining information from different places in order to give a full view. Automated CTAs are great for telling people when to do a task and knowing when they're not doing it.,integration from 3rd party tools is not great. If it doesn't come from salesforce its painful.,9,1 to 5 people,Created customer segmentation. Helping with churn.,I don't do the pulse events but I know others do and like them. The CSU is great for finding answers to almost everything, when I don't find an answer the support team is super helpful and responsive.,
Gainsight

Gainsight Reviews

Gainsight
Top Rated Award
Filter 317 vetted Gainsight reviews and ratings

Cara Brill profile photo
March 16, 2017

Review: "Gainsight is a great customer success tool"

• Gainsight's rules engine is really straightforward to use and I love that someone with little programming knowledge can set up rules to fire Calls to Action and make sure project tasks are getting completed.
  • The ability to use the tool to look at customer usage and pull that data into emails is really huge. We haven't been able to use that feature just yet, but I'm looking forward to using it with our clients soon.
  • Measuring health of our deployments, in a standard fashion, across the team, is really important. It allows us to see and address risks before they become bigger issues.
  • We'd like to see the reports function become more useful. We want to be able to pull data from multiple objects without having to set up complex custom MDA tables and rules, and we should be able to include tables from the reports in emails.
  • I'd also like to see relationship health reporting become more robust. I currently have to export our relationship health scores every Monday morning to a customized google sheet in order to color the values and provide that as the executive report to our leadership team.
  • Setting up and testing outreaches could also be easier. It should be much more straightforward to put together test outreach lists.
  • Sending out reports from the dashboard function is fairly crude. The powerpoint formatting is not well done and as a result the reports don't look very professional and I think often get ignored when sent to our team. We should be able to export the dashboard in an email format to our internal team.
Well suited for measuring customer health, seeing user data, and sending customer emails, all in one place. It's less appropriate for complex customer engagement reporting.
Read Cara Brill's full review
Jenny Bolden profile photo
March 15, 2017

User Review: "New Customer to Gainsight"

• Visually engaging UI and ease of navigation.
  • Consolidation of client data in one view that is easy for our CEMs to navigate and review prior to clients' meetings and calls.
  • Seamless integration with SalesForce so our users really feel like they're in one application.
  • The rules engine! It's clearly built for technical resources. Not being able to utilize query functionality such as current quarter, prior quarter, this year, etc...instead of having to use what feels like a formula to calculate a date range can be frustrating. I have nightmares about # of N days from rule date.
  • Gainsight Dashboard stickiness. It often causes issues with our users. Would love to see a reset to default or something that easily resets to the default dashboard filters or clear filters. This would be a huge help.
  • Global Filters are the enemy....I hate having to always clone a report that really I have to rebuild just so I don't have to add all my global filters. It's just clunky.
Gainsight would be great for companies who have a small support team yet lots of clients to engage with. Gainsight provides multiple tools for one to many communications. Also, companies who are focused on renewals would benefit greatly in utilizing Gainsight's health score to aid in negotiating those renewals prior to contract end dates. I think smaller companies wouldn't see a high return on investment.
Read Jenny Bolden's full review
Domenic Armano profile photo
March 15, 2017

Gainsight Review: "Does not disappoint!"

• Through use of the scorecard feature, Gainsight allows us to manage risk across many complex enterprise deployments.
  • Via playbooks, it has allowed us to standardize our processes and automate many key activities for the team.
  • With the integration into Salesforce it has allowed our customer success and sales teams to collaborate more effectively.
  • We're satisfied with our Gainsight purchase and don't see any areas for improvement worth noting. Our team frequently comments on the community and feel like we're being heard.
I would recommend Gainsight to a colleague who needs to manage many different customer deployments. It is well suited for aligning many CSMs around process standardization and it's a great tool for your team to track key activities within their accounts. As a leader, the flexibility of reporting and rules design is a huge plus.
Read Domenic Armano's full review
Gordon Kaywin profile photo
February 20, 2017

Review: "Gainsight: Making Customer Success More Manageable"

• Automatic recurring usage reports: This is a nice feature that takes the burden off of the user having to manually pull reports. Reports can be set up to be delivered via email, at a specific cadence, and provided an at-a-glance overview of customer usage data for a specific time period.
  • Customer360: Gainsight does a good job of providing a centralized area of their product where users can see an up-to-date view of their entire customer portfolio and then drill down into specific accounts to better understand overall customer heath, contract value, contract duration, and important account notes.
  • Gainsight excels at integrating with other systems, for example our Client Success team needed to be able to hook into our training groups management tool and quickly see how many existing training credits a customer might have and when they were expiring. Having this information available inside Gainsight saved us valuable time by providing us with information that was historically hard to obtain.
  • Using Gainsight for any kind of substantial "task management" seemed to fall short. The result was having to use several additional tools outside of Gainsight. For example, it would be nice to have a Gmail integration where emails could be turned into tasks within Gainsight.
  • One area where there is room for more improvement is reporting. The UI still seems clunky and not as intuitive as it could be. This area of the product could benefit from an overhaul focused on both UI/ease of use and data access.
  • Integration with Linkedin is a feature that could add a ton of value for customer success teams, however, it was never reliable and often fired off alerts about org changes that were false.
Gainsight is well suited for large customer success organizations where team members are responsible for managing medium to large account portfolios. Teams with smaller portfolios and companies without access to SalesForce are not likely a great fit for Gainsight. Gainsight is also a platform that needs an "internal champion" or "power-user" who can make sure teams are adopting and understanding the product, without that, adoption is likely to be low over time.
Read Gordon Kaywin's full review
Steven Spence profile photo
March 24, 2017

Gainsight: "A review from an average user"

• Great at surveys, great at combining information from different places in order to give a full view. Automated CTAs are great for telling people when to do a task and knowing when they're not doing it.
  • integration from 3rd party tools is not great. If it doesn't come from salesforce its painful.
Great for anyone trying to understand the sales and renewal process. Great for insights leading to churn.
Read Steven Spence's full review
Dan Malavich profile photo
March 24, 2017

User Review: "Success with Gainsight"

Gainsight is used extensively across our Customer Success organization, but also by all other customer facing functions like Sales, Channel Management, Finance, etc. It is used to manage the health of our existing customers and to provide easy access to information, guidance on customer success processes, and general customer management for our CSMs.

• Health Scoring
  • Proactive Health management
  • Long term analytics
  • health change tracking
I see application in any business with a recurring revenue stream
We went through some CS University classes. Some of our team has attended Pulse and the feedback was strong.
Read Dan Malavich's full review
June 07, 2017

Gainsight Review: "Great for new and growing CS teams!"

We have Gainsight visible to all customer facing representatives at our organization but it is primarily used by our Customer Success and Technical Support teams. Gainsight helps to provide customer health, NPS, and sponsor tracking details for all of our accounts. It is also a one-to-many email platform for our CS to use without needing to work with Marketing on templates or campaigns.
  • Sponsor Tracking - This is my favorite feature and keeps me in tune with organizational changes with my customers.
  • NPS Surveys - This is vital for our support team.
  • Customer Health - This is configurable to meet what measures health to us.
  • Speed - Gainsight panels and data take a while to load.
  • CTA based emails - Would love to be able to link CTAs to CoPilot to trigger emails or auto generate email lists based upon cta criteria such as usage drops or select user actions.
Gainsight is great for organizations ready to arm their CS team with a targeted tool that provides relevant data for the role. It's especially suited for those new to Customer Success who may not know actions to take or how to drive positive results with their customers. It allows for scale and structure where there wasn't before.
My favorite is Pulse. I always walk away with plenty of ideas, awesome networking, and topics for team meetings. We are an advanced CSM organization so some of the content is validation of what we already do as well as good reminders of the basics we need to revisit. Always a blast and I look forward to it every year.
March 24, 2017

Gainsight Review: "Good workflow engine. Good people. Poor customer experience journey."

Gainsight is used by our Customer Success team. It helps us operationalize our processes in a repeatable (scaleable) manner. We have a significant growth ramp ahead of us (in employees and customers). We chose to implement this mostly for its workflow capabilities.
  • Workflow: Calls to actions and their rules engine allows us to build a lot of repeatable workflows. We can now trigger easily trigger workflows based on events and time.
  • Single source of info: Our CSMs now can go to one screen to see their to-do's, customer info and product usage data.
  • Charting: Their charting/reporting capabilities are pretty solid. It's no Tableau, but it covers most of the use cases of what a CSM needs to do their day-to-day work.
  • Their self-help resources isn't very good at all. Their KB is out of date (old screenshots and inaccurate information).
  • Their onboarding process is pretty bad too. The onboarding manager we got was excellent. She went above and beyond to help get us up and running. The collateral, process and tools that she has to work with are pretty poor though. I feel for her.
  • Change management is pretty weak. The way they roll out new features make life very difficult for us. They'd deprecate features before the new features are ready for our workflows. Documentation and help materials for the new materials are not well done either.
Despite the the negatives I called out [below] Gainsight gets the job done once you have it configured. The workflow and data visualization parts of the product work well. If you are at the stage where you're using predictive analytics to predict churn and upsells, you'll need to tack on another tool.
I haven't used the user groups yet. The CS University is a good idea. It's average in terms of quality. The videos/slides are not well done. I've been to Pulse. I think it's good to get to at least once. It's not an event I'd recommend attending every year as the materials don't change much year over year. If you're there to network, that's a different story.
March 24, 2017

Gainsight Review: "You Get What You Give"

Gainsight is used primarily by our Customer Success & Services organization. However, we also have members of Marketing, Sales, Product, Business Operations, and even Engineering using Gainsight. And our executive team. We use it to asses health/risk, create automatic CTAs based on various events or changes, track CTAs, track Sponsors, and automate some communication.
  • Provide a single place to visualize customer health/risk on an individual and macro basis.
  • Provide a single place for CSMs to track work.
  • Provide an effective executive dashboard for head of Success.
  • Adoption has been rough at times due to over-complicated CTAs. The onboarding provided little guidance in that area.
  • Sponsor Tracking is very buggy.
  • Success Plans do not allow for effective measurement of progress.
  • Admin interface is pretty clunky.
  • Well suited if you have a fairly mature CS org and strong change management.
  • Not well suited if you are still figuring things out in terms of basic CS process.
  • Well suited for customers who are willing to spend enough on services for a sound implementation.
  • Not well suited for customers who want to onboard themselves using nothing but online resources.
The Gainsight user group Community is very valuable. You can see/discuss product enhancements, learn best practices, network with other CS pros, learn about upcoming releases, watch how-to videos, etc. We have not yet used CSU but I'm intrigued. I sent 4 people to Pulse last year and they said it was an excellent learning venue. I'm sending 3 people this year.
March 20, 2017

Review: "Gainsight - Our Journey to Visibility and Scalability"

All of our CSMs worldwide use Gainsight (GS) as their primary tool for account management. This is where they view their daily tasks, alerts on their accounts, dashboard view of their current and upcoming activities.

Our CSM team leaders use GS as well for dashboards where they monitor CSM activity, and will soon have their own flow of managers' CTA with alerts, tasks, and more.

GS helps us with the following:
  • Measuring KPIs for our CSMs
  • Scalability of our department and processes, creating standards and benchmarks for our department and the organization.
  • Customer Service - weekly calls with our CSM, prompt support responses, email availability by our CSM at GS.
  • Building flows in the form of CTAs and incorporation of elements from other systems.
  • Ability to store data and create trends.
  • Reporting - it has all the data, but the report builder section isn't so strong
  • "One to Many" linkage isn't supported
  • Some missing basic function like: creating mandatory fields in CTAs, permission levels amongst users (one user can switch into another user's cockpit).

Well Suited:

1. "Customers Tab" - most used by our CSMs. It's an interactive list of all their account, which is very helpful.

2. Rules Engine - allows to record data to create trends

3. Rules Engine - can be used for risks and alerts

Less appropriate:

1. It can't accommodate lifecycle or retention teams yet. They need to be able to set up Salesforce opportunities

They seem great! I attended a few webinars and like them a lot. Very professional and on point.
I wish I had more time.

I know that our SF Admin that is in charge of GS also managed to find valuable information in the community posts.

I really hope to visit "Pulse" in the future!

March 17, 2017

Gainsight Review: "Getting To Know You..."

Gainsight is used by the client experience management team to alert and track client engagement. It also provides a client health score which we monitor to identify potential retention risk. We use the dashboard to quickly view key metrics related to overall client health. For team members who manage large portfolios of clients, Gainisight helps to insure that all clients receive a consistent level of engagement.
  • Dashboard provides a snapshot of key client metrics in one view.
  • Calls to Action (CTAs) allow us to track and measure client engagement across our entire client portfolio and quickly identify clients who may need attention.
  • Integration with SalesForce (SF) is key as SF is used throughout our organization.
  • We have been able to create CTAs that allow us to engage with clients at key times in their lifecycle such as prior to a software upgrade to determine their readiness. This has allowed us to better schedule our resources and prevent projects from being canceled at the last minute.
  • Flexibility around reporting.
  • Challenge with tracking CTAs based on due date versus closed date.
  • Not always intuitive so have to carefully manage how team is closing CTAs.
Well suited for consolidating client data into a single view. Well suited for organizations that use SalesForce due to deep integration. Licensing fees make it challenging to roll out across all the organization.
We attend Pulse and find it very informative and energizing.
March 17, 2017

"Gainsight Review"

Currently, Gainsight is only being used for our CSMs. However, we expect to expand that to sales (through the SFDC widget/limited licenses) and support. We are managing both our SaaS customers to reduce churn and starting to take on our on-premises customers.
  • Our customer outcome manager is amazing and he ensures we are strategically lined up to meet our goals.
  • Solutions architects are very knowledgeable and patient while working through the configuration.
  • Gainsight is a leader at promoting customer success.
  • We have been a customer for less than a year but pricing has changed multiple time during pre-sales, actual sale and now renewal making it more difficult to get the funding. I understand as a fairly new company there will be changes but hopefully not many more.
  • Gainsight is a great tool but I think there is room for improvement in the Admin U/I that could improve the configuring and testing time. Example: Email templates can be time-consuming to create and test. The text editor is somewhat limited and keeping consistent font has been a problem - often with tags. The test emails from the Email Template interface do not look the same as the live sent emails from Email Assist or CoPilot Outreaches.
Well suited for a CSM in a SaaS world but we are building out a process for On Premise and looks as if that will work well.
User group and Pulse are very valuable!

"Gainsight Review"

We are currently using it in our sales department with the customer success team. It solves the problem of preventing things from falling through the cracks when it come to connecting with our clients.
  • It's great at holding CSMs accountable.
  • It is great at holding sales people accountable.
  • Great at tracking the success of our customers.
  • Implementation was too long, would have liked a more boot camp like training process.
  • The software is not intuitive to someone with little to no experience in programming.
  • It would be great to have an ongoing contact at Gainsight past implementation to help with rule writing and provide details about updates that were rolled out so that you can have a better understanding of how the updates fit into your organization.
Being in the financial industry, Gainsight community does not have as many resources for us that are relatable. However, it is great for tracking our customers which is needed in any industry, not just Saas companies. It has been a great tool for us to understand the health of our customers.
Have used CS University, Pulse and Gainsight community. I think they are good resources but would like more 1:1 time.
March 15, 2017

User Review: "So far so good with Gainsight."

We've just recently (within the past 6 months) launched Gainsight within Skyword. We're currently using it across our entire services organization and will soon look to start providing reports to the executive team. For us, it solves several challenges:

1. It helps us understand how users actually use our software ...where they spend time...where they get stuck, etc.
2. It allows us to communicate with them according to #1 above.
3. It allows us to more robustly keep tracking of the health of our clients and inform those that need to take action.
  • Gainsight allows great visibility into the ways our users interact with our software. Specifically, Gainsight does a great job making this information digestable and actionable.
  • Gainsight has a rules engine that allows for the automation of communication based on certain criteria that is highly flexible.
  • Despite the incredibly robust onboarding, training and available materials there are moments where the Gainsight platform feels overwhelming and where it offers too much flexibility and functionality.
Gainsight is well suited for a company who is looking to better understand customers in an effort to improve retention and communication.
The user groups have been helpful and the University was a key part of getting up to speed. This May will be my first time attending Pulse.
March 15, 2017

Review: "Customer Success Orgs. looking for a solution - Look no further than Gainsight"

It is used by the Customer Success Organization (CSMs). Operations which is my department supports the onboarding and ongoing activities for the sales team. It addresses the adoption issue of giving the CSMs data on how their customers are using the software and what they can do to better the customer's adoption towards the product they purchased.
  • Health Score - It is the most unique feature of gainsight, on giving a health score customized to industry and product based on data.
  • Relationship 360 - Able to customize data for individual products is huge to support a company as big as ours that has over 200+ products in their SAS portfolio.
  • Access Controls
  • Partner Visibility
  • Reporting Functionality is only available to admins, CSMs should have the power to create reports they would like to use and that shouldn't clutter anyone else's view.
  • Calls to Action - Really need a feature to alert CSMs of events, risk, opportunities, etc.
[For] many products that are very different in nature - Gainsight can do the job. If data isn't consistent, or the product isn't mature [enough] to have sophisticated data on a consistent basis, then it is harder to take advantage.

Love Pulse, get to re-connect and meet Industry leaders, haven't taken the opportunity to attend other events.
March 14, 2017

"Review of Recently Implemented Gainsight"

Gainsight is currently being used by our account management department. It was purchased to provide a tool for programmatic outreach and risk assessment for low touch accounts.
  • Gainsight seems to excel in thought leadership for the CSM space and has a dynamic, articulate executive team.
  • Gainsight displays customer information in a user-friendly format that is easily exportable.
  • Tools such as CoPilot and Gsnap are helpful in creating a touch points for low touch customers.
  • Health score cards are too simplistic in order for us to rely on them as a means of measuring customer health.
  • It has been difficult to get meaningful customer data into Gainsight.
  • The Sponsor Tracking functionality frequently turns up false positives and also fails to properly link contacts even when the correct URL is provided.
Gainsight seems to be well suited for companies who can dedicate a resource solely to the administration of Gainsight. For more resource-constrained companies, it is difficult to make progress with the tool. Additionally, in order to be successful with Gainsight, you need to have a clear vision for what to prioritize in terms of features and functionality and need significant IT resources, or funds to hire Gainsight, to do the data work necessary to see an ROI.
We have not leveraged Customer Success University or the Gansight user groups at this point in time. We will be sending 4 team members to Pulse this year.
March 14, 2017

Gainsight Review: "Implementation Takes Time"

Account Management uses Gainsight. It's intended to help us scale our business.
  • They seem to have a lot of resources directed to product development and can respond to feature requests with more flexibility than other companies.
  • The tool is ideal if you have established dashboards and practices. We have more autonomy in our positions. I rely a lot on my administrator and wish there were more access levels for much of the functionality - something more dynamic between administrator and user.
You need to be able to feed data into Gainsight in a meaningful way. This generally requires APIs or a dedicated resource to administer the tool. It's best to consider this when determining whether to purchase the tool. If you are unable to feed appropriate data to Gainsight you are likely not getting the most value out of the tool.
I'm attending my first Pulse event this year.
Alexandra Gold profile photo
June 14, 2016

Review: "Gainsight - gives you FULL insight into customers!"

The ways in which we use and plan to use Gainsight include implementing and tracking training survey responses, tracking our product's API data (usage data), incorporating with the sales process in Salesforce (onboarding, training, stage changes and providing insight on those stages to the sales team), tracking sponsors within our client organizations, integrating with Zendesk and viewing customers' tickets, utilizing Google analytics, and more.
  • Integrations with current systems such as Zendesk, Google Analytics, Salesforce as well as our product's API. Incorporating data from our product's API into Gainsight's MDA has been crucial for our one-to-one success outreaches.
  • Easily allows the sales team and engineering team to view (in a very simple interface) the stage of a customer, their requests, and their interactions with our customer success team.
  • Gainsight has a wealth of community support and support mechanisms in their organization. I particularly believe that their community site, in which customers and employees can interact based on feature requests or bugs/issues is perfect for an organization in its Gainsight implementation phase that needs direction on certain aspects regarding attaining optimal value from purchasing Gainsight.
  • Some functionality is missing such as customization in surveys - this is a big one for us. We may have to use another service in order to compensate for the lack of html and css formatting/styling that Gainsight doesn't yet allow in their surveys.
  • There should be additional administrative privileges within Gainsight so that certain people can't access whole pages of the interface such as playbooks or surveys, etc.
Gainsight is well suited for organizations that have larger customer bases or rapidly growing customer bases. The product aggregates all of the data from a ton of customers at once. Gainsight is not as appropriate to implement in an organization without a dedicated Gainsight or Salesforce administrator who learns quickly and is relatively technical. Things move faster after I've learned quickly when it comes to data customization (through Gainsight's MDA and incorporating our product's API data into Gainsight).
Read Alexandra Gold's full review
Pat Kelly profile photo
June 03, 2016

Review: "Rocking Customer Success with Gainsight"

Gainsight is primarily used by the customer success team to help us manage existing customers. The CSMs use it on a daily basis for customer account management, CTAs, reporting, research, data storage, health checks and EBRs. We also have some members of the renewal sales team and pre-sales team that have access in order to see trending customer usage data and scorecard status. Gainsight has helped us address the issue of understanding usage trends across a customer or groups of customers in order to spot patterns that we can address before it becomes a fire. Gainsight also helps us assemble data that we use in our daily work with customers to show them where they are utilizing the platform fully and where they could get more value for their investment in Brainshark.
  • Scorecard is excellent. Very well conceived and easy to modify and maintain. This is critical in our efforts to identify churn risk before it happens.
  • Customer Service & Support is outstanding. I have found that they people at Gainsight are serious about customer service and act accordingly. This value is critical to us because we share the same value here at Brainshark and want to engage with vendors that are responsive, respectful and want us to be successful.
  • Customer 360 view has evolved beautifully. This is truly a 360 view of the customer and becomes the one stop shop for the CSM. In this age where data is all over the place - it is great to have an efficient alternative that helps the CSM do their job.
  • On-going development and thought leadership are incomparable. Gainsight is serious about its business and equally serious about its market/industry. I appreciate the leadership shown by them in the customer success space and frequently utilize the best practices and industry content that they put forward. This support goes well beyond the software and service and adds another layer of service and benefit to the customer community.
  • One area where there has been improvement and there is room for more is in the reporting area. We still tend to use Salesforce reports for many areas because it is easier to manage and maintain. They have made some gains in this area but reporting would be much more useful with an overhaul focused on both UI/ease of use and data access.
  • Gainsight has made tremendous gains in the area of usage data, graphs and exports. But there is still plenty of room for growth, sophistication, flexibility and UI in this area as well. It takes too long in some cases to get exactly the data set the CSM is looking for which decreases efficiency and satisfaction with this part of the service.
If you have customers and CSMs, then it is appropriate.
Read Pat Kelly's full review
Stephen Wilson profile photo
May 12, 2016

Gainsight Review: "Dialed-In Customer Success"

At ON24, we are aligning our business, processes, and workflows to get a laser focus on customer success. We are using Gainsight to provide a holistic view into customer health, adoption, utilization of our service, and most importantly as a vehicle for demonstrating ROI both "Up" and "Out" for our clients. The ability to make sure our clients are getting the most out of our service and being able to very quickly turn around and provide that information allows them to fight for adoption and expand our footprints in their business. Our goal is to provide them with the data based "ammo" to show "Up" the chain of business decision makers our value, and "Out" to their org structure how well they are doing. Gainsight is invaluable in allowing insight into the metrics we need to accomplish this. In addition, we are able to more easily handle the volume of clients that come from rapid expansion of our success. Gainsight in entwined in how we do our business.

Gainsight has also REALLY eased the relationships with our sales team. When they see the spot-on, relevant data it provides to help in their efforts for renewal and expansion, they realize that not only are we a resource, but a partner in their success as well!
  • The calculation of health scores based on a highly tweakable rules engine makes spotting trouble points and wins super easy.
  • The ability to store notes, client feedback, and Salesforce metrics has greatly increased the efficiency of our monthly CXO calls as we review hotspots and areas of interest.
  • The CoPilot feature is AMAZING and is really allowing us to thoughtfully scale up our touch with the clients and control our messaging for consistent and smart client reach out.
  • The insight provided in the dashboard has actually eased our CSM's workload, even with an expanding client portfolio. They can be smart and savvy about where they are spending time. They feel more excited about strategically doing their jobs as opposed to just putting out fires.
  • Sometimes the processes for setting up dashboards and rules are a bit quirky. Not bad, but not always intuitive.
  • We in particular need to have a reporting relationship based on SFDC contracts, not opportunities. At the point the contract is written we need Gainsight to take into account that the CSMs and the renewal team lives in contracts.
  • Make report filtering save last filtering and not revert to default if I jump out of the page.
  • Help my receding hairline through the dashboard.
Customer reporting and health dashboarding. The 360 page is incredibly helpful to grab an all up view.
Read Stephen Wilson's full review
Heather Hansen profile photo
May 12, 2016

User Review: "Gainsight Impresses!"

Currently, we are using Gainsight solely within our success organization. It's been great at providing us a holistic view of the customer as well as providing our CSMs alerts when a customer is in jeopardy. We love the customization options as well as the reporting and dashboards. The ability to track how we are interacting with our customers and then watch what happens afterwards has been instrumental in proving the value of the success team.
  • Love the health scoring functionality. It's great at providing a holistic view of your customer's health.
  • The rules engine and the ability to customize alerts for risk has been incredible for our CSMs. We can enter data to trigger an alert when a customer's usage drops off, and they are more likely to churn.
  • The analytics and dashboarding are great. It's incredibly helpful to be able to set up a subscription to send our executives and leaders information about how their teams are performing at whatever cadence they want.
  • More ability to be able to set up different profiles. We currently have several teams with different needs, and it would be great to have the option of customizing the experience for each instead of one size fits all.
  • More syncing with Outlook/calendar. Would be great for our CSMs to be able to set up an EBR in Gainsight, and then, have it sync to their Outlook calendars.
  • Better organization for reporting, playbooks, rules. It would be great to have some sort of folder system to be able to better organize all the different areas that can get cluttered.
Our business is very complex with lots of products, and even in that scenario, Gainsight has proved to be a great tool to help our CSMs organize their day, have a holistic view of their customers, and track their interactions. I'm not sure there's a situation where I wouldn't recommend it. On top of that, the support team and our CSM truly treat us like their only customer.
Read Heather Hansen's full review
Rasha Proctor profile photo
August 18, 2016

User Review: "Gainsight - A must for CSM teams"

While our customer success and account management teams use Gainsight solutions to help manage our accounts, other departments and our executives access it to get status updates. The solution is definitely a must for managing accounts as it provides visibility of important data points to the team. The Gainsight team has been great in providing guidance to help us manage the process. We are constantly challenged to reconsider our way of approaching the clients in order to become trust advisors and build long lasting partnerships.

• Gainsight is all about customer success. The application is versatile to work with most internal processes and use cases.
  • The deployment team is very helpful in educating us during the implementation process as well as providing insights and suggestions to help enhance our customer success approach.
  • Gainsight also provides great community discussions for all types of users and they are always open for feedback to improve the solutions.
  • The dashboard needs some improvement in terms of usability. It is a bit clunky and not intuitive.
  • Roll-up reporting needs some enhancements.
Gainsight is a great tool for businesses with complex solutions that focus on building deep partnerships with their clients.
Read Rasha Proctor's full review
Seth Wylie profile photo
April 18, 2016

Gainsight Review: "A great foundation for your Customer Success department"

Our Customer Success Team uses Gainsight to keep track of their to dos, essentially. The greatest value in that respect is that Gainsight is able to automatically generate to dos based on any data that's available in Salesforce, or that can be pulled into Gainsight in another way (for example, through their Google Analytics connector, or through a direct upload). Additionally, the customer health is not just visible to our Customer Success Managers based on these individual to dos that they have in their "Cockpit", but via a customer health scorecard that gives an overview to management. Additional functionality, like automated emails to customers and surveys, round out the feature set.
  • Gainsight does a great job at getting you access to the data that you care about. As long as it's in Salesforce, or you're willing to implement a data uploading process using one of Gainsight's data integrations, then the sky is really the limit as far as which data should have what impact in Gainsight.
  • Gainsight's online community provides exceptional access to the product team, who pay close attention to the posts and conversations there, and give thoughtful and earnest replies.
  • Gainsight understands the importance of implementation, given that they live and breathe customer success all day every day. They are dedicated to solving any problems that you encounter, and make sure that you have a positive and productive experience.
  • The interface needs improvement -- it has a clunky feel -- but they're in the midst of a redesign.
  • Gainsight does one major release a month, and I haven't yet seen an example of bug fixes being pushed outside of this schedule, which can be irritating in those few situations where there is a bug standing in your way. However, they do a great job of reaching out once that bug *is* fixed.
  • Our CSMs could use more comprehensive "how to use Gainsight" content. Since we didn't purchase access to a dedicated Customer Success Manager at Gainsight, there's no one to 'invent the wheel' for how our team should be using Gainsight. We're doing a reasonably good job on our own, but more support is always welcome.
In short, we're buyin' what they're sellin'. Gainsight will work exceptionally well for you if you're working to develop customer success processes and tracking. It may be more difficult to use if you've already established those things fairly extensively internally, and need to twist and turn them to get them to fit into Gainsight's infrastructure.
Read Seth Wylie's full review
Shuang Stoppe profile photo
July 15, 2016

User Review: "Gainsight - Game Changer"

Gainsight is used by our account management team currently, but other departments have a lot of interest in adopting it as well. The solution has been a game changer in how we manage our client accounts, by providing visibility of important data points to the team. The Gainsight team has been excellent at providing thought leadership in customer success and helping us revolutionize both our mindset and process. They continue to make us look further, think deeper, with the goal of being more successful at partnering with our clients.
  • Gainsight is the leading voice in customer success. They facilitate and nurture the community discussion on everything customer success.
  • Gainsight's deployment team was incredible in educating and guiding us in the implementation process, when our understanding was very fuzzy about how we wanted to manage our clients. Through working with them, we gained a great deal of insight, and things came into focus. They are still doing it today, providing new ideas on how we enhance our customer success practice.
  • Gainsight listens to its customer community, taking input from users and incorporating their ideas into product development.
  • Gainsight's dashboard needs improvement. It's limited and not intuitive enough.
  • Roll-up reporting also needs enhancement.
Gainsight is well suited for most business environments where customer success is important. It wouldn't be a good fit for a retail business where usage data collection is not consistent.
Read Shuang Stoppe's full review
Ray Lau profile photo
June 23, 2016

Review: "Gainsight - A Must If You Care About Customer Success"

We use Gainsight to monitor the customer's use of the application and measure their health score in relation to our app. We also use it to drive communication to customers. It is currently being used by the Customer Success team. Gainsight gives us the visibility we need as a company to know how customers are doing. I love the NPS Survey feature and how that helps identify advocates.
  • Visibility to health of customers
  • Communication with customers
  • Feedback on product
  • Reporting
It is great for SaaS applications to know how customers are doing.
Read Ray Lau's full review

Role-based user permissions (126)
API (94)
Integration with Salesforce.com (161)
9.4
Integration with Marketo (41)
Integration with Eloqua (16)
Product usage (155)
Help desk / support tickets (128)
NPS surveys (132)
9.2
Sponsor tracking (128)
Customer profiles (154)
Automated workflow (167)
Internal collaboration (153)
Customer health scoring (167)
9.6
Customer segmentation (142)
Customer health trends (158)
Engagement analytics (138)
Revenue forecasting (85)
9.2
Dashboards (166)

About Gainsight

Gainsight says they enable business transformation through their passionate community, proven expertise, and cutting edge technology. In addition to the largest customer success community, the vendor says they also have a diverse, 333+ customer base spanning across Fortune 1000 companies such as HP, Cisco and Adobe and growth businesses like Box and Shopify.

Via their community and customers, Gainsight says they have developed deep expertise around customer success best practices which are embedded into the product. Additionally, the vendor says 50% of their company headcount is dedicated to R&D, and that their platform can serve business needs across various customer segments. The vendor’s value proposition is that their product innovations are consistently first to market and built to scale from day one.

Gainsight says their customers see an average of 4% higher retention and 20% faster growth than their peers.

Gainsight Features

Customer Data Extraction / Integration Features
Has featureProduct usage
Has featureHelp desk / support tickets
Has featureOnline customer community
Has featureIntegration with Eloqua
Has featureCustomer360
Has feature4D Analytics
Has featureCustomer Lifecycle Cockpit
Has featureIn-product best practices library of resources
Has feature60 second video message to Customers

Gainsight Competitors

Totango, Amity, Service Source

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Entry-level set up fee?Required

Based on a per user/per month model.

Gainsight Customer Size Distribution