https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/T3/KI/JVECOPT0CJWO.PNGGainsight is on its wayIt is being used primarily by our customer success department and gives us a better way to easily digest our customer data and keep up to date on items needed to be done to support our customers.,Auto-trigger reminders for CSMs. Organize data in a visually pleasing way that is also easy to digest. Brings items to light that were previously slipping through the cracks.,UI is not great, especially for admins. Doing anything at a relationship level is horrendous. We avoid it at all costs as it normally requires us to do everything 15 times to get the same result as doing it once at the account level.,9,10,We've built executive dashboards but are still working on producing relevant data to put there.,We haven't had the ability to determine anything like this yet.Our gains from Gainsight.We only use Gainsight within our Customer Success team to automate our processes. We send automated emails through out the customer lifecycle and notify CSM of accounts that need attention. We are also developing account health scores and tracking usage data within the application.,The bionic rules in Gainsight allow us to overcome the separation between Salesforce objects. I don't have to worry about not being able to access both billing and contact data for our customers at the same time anymore. The automated email feature, known as Copilot, has saved us hundreds if not thousands of hours of work. All of our clients receive specific emails, and we can easily set up which email goes to which client then essentially forget about it. The C360 page lets us access almost any data we need about a client. We can customize what is shown and how the data is organized so our CSM's can quickly see the most important information about our specific clients.,The Usage object within Gainsight could use a bit of TLC. We love the data it shows and the potential it has to become a major resource in knowing our customers, but the UI can be a bit clunky at times. The graphs aren't always the most readable or intuitive. The automated emails can only be triggered once a day. We can't send an email within a certain amount of time of an event happening within an account. We also can't easily schedule the same email to trigger multiple times in one day. Health scores are at a good starting point, but we could use a couple more improvements. The first would be to have more options of splitting score categories up into smaller scores (e.g. overall score - usage score - indiv. feature score). We also can't set a weight to diminish over time (e.g. the sales score will always affect the overall score the same amount even after two years),9,7,We built an executive dashboard for our execs and VP's to access, but they don't seem to use them. We generally build reports then send the results to the higher-ups on a monthly basis. From there I don't know what they do with the information.,We reduced our churn rate by half after using Gainsight for 10 months. We saved hundreds to thousands of man hours by automating a lot of emails and notifications through Gainsight.,,I used the chat channel to contact Gainsight about a quick question that I had regarding one of their features. I used the language in their help article to explain my question, but the rep came back confused about what I was talking about. Once he did understand he gave me the answer I needed, but then just cut off the chat without so much as a salutation, let alone a follow-up question. I submitted a review about that interaction and expressed my disappointment. A few days later, I received a box at my office from Gainsight full of muffins apologizing for the less than satisfactory experience I had.Gainsight will change the way you see customers.GainSight is a fantastic tool that allows your engagement team to see the life cycle of a customer. From the first day they sign up to the day they leave (which hopefully will never happen). GainSight will trigger tasks for you team to follow up with customers that show symptoms of churning so that you can head it off long before it happens.,Customer Tracking is accurate and easy to read! They have a fantastic and helpful team. They are responsive and knowledgeable. You will never be left out in the cold. Easy to set up (at least in comparison to other internal tech we've used).,These are all knit picks, loading can be slowish, but I would say that is industry wide. There's a lot of data to sort through. There has been syncing issues in the past with Salesforce (But I would assume that it is partly SF's fault).,10,11 to 25 people,If upsells were a game of golf, GainSight skips you straight to the green. Nothing can guarantee success, but you will have a lot higher chance of a hole in one. Retention was our major concern, we had a lot of churn leaking. We are now able to stop it long before it can take root. A surprise advantage of software like this, employee onboarding is a lot more straightforward, No more guessing or assuming, you can know the exact symptom of your customer has before they churn.,I don't know what to say other than they are great. I haven't referenced them in over a year, but I doubt they went down in value. :) Keep it up team!,Evergage, Intercom, Totango and ClientSuccessGood workflow engine. Good people. Poor customer experience journey.Gainsight is used by our Customer Success team. It helps us operationalize our processes in a repeatable (scaleable) manner. We have a significant growth ramp ahead of us (in employees and customers). We chose to implement this mostly for its workflow capabilities.,Workflow: Calls to actions and their rules engine allows us to build a lot of repeatable workflows. We can now trigger easily trigger workflows based on events and time. Single source of info: Our CSMs now can go to one screen to see their to-do's, customer info and product usage data. Charting: Their charting/reporting capabilities are pretty solid. It's no Tableau, but it covers most of the use cases of what a CSM needs to do their day-to-day work.,Their self-help resources isn't very good at all. Their KB is out of date (old screenshots and inaccurate information). Their onboarding process is pretty bad too. The onboarding manager we got was excellent. She went above and beyond to help get us up and running. The collateral, process and tools that she has to work with are pretty poor though. I feel for her. Change management is pretty weak. The way they roll out new features make life very difficult for us. They'd deprecate features before the new features are ready for our workflows. Documentation and help materials for the new materials are not well done either.,8,1 to 5 people,Boosted employee efficiency Boosted process compliance Too early to tell re: upsell and retention,I haven't used the user groups yet. The CS University is a good idea. It's average in terms of quality. The videos/slides are not well done. I've been to Pulse. I think it's good to get to at least once. It's not an event I'd recommend attending every year as the materials don't change much year over year. If you're there to network, that's a different story.,Amity and TotangoYou Get What You GiveGainsight is used primarily by our Customer Success & Services organization. However, we also have members of Marketing, Sales, Product, Business Operations, and even Engineering using Gainsight. And our executive team. We use it to asses health/risk, create automatic CTAs based on various events or changes, track CTAs, track Sponsors, and automate some communication.,Provide a single place to visualize customer health/risk on an individual and macro basis. Provide a single place for CSMs to track work. Provide an effective executive dashboard for head of Success.,Adoption has been rough at times due to over-complicated CTAs. The onboarding provided little guidance in that area. Sponsor Tracking is very buggy. Success Plans do not allow for effective measurement of progress. Admin interface is pretty clunky.,6,11 to 25 people,Better visibility into customer health Scale CS team So far we have not experienced any improvements in upsell, retention, employee efficiency, or customer advocacy due to the usage of Gainsight.,The Gainsight user group Community is very valuable. You can see/discuss product enhancements, learn best practices, network with other CS pros, learn about upcoming releases, watch how-to videos, etc. We have not yet used CSU but I'm intrigued. I sent 4 people to Pulse last year and they said it was an excellent learning venue. I'm sending 3 people this year.,
Gainsight

Gainsight Reviews

Gainsight
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2018
Filter 328 vetted Gainsight reviews and ratings

August 16, 2017

User Review: "Gainsight is on its way"

• Auto-trigger reminders for CSMs.
  • Organize data in a visually pleasing way that is also easy to digest.
  • Brings items to light that were previously slipping through the cracks.
  • UI is not great, especially for admins.
  • Doing anything at a relationship level is horrendous. We avoid it at all costs as it normally requires us to do everything 15 times to get the same result as doing it once at the account level.
Great for customer management and implementing best practices for those customers across your department.
August 11, 2017

User Review: "Our gains from Gainsight."

• The bionic rules in Gainsight allow us to overcome the separation between Salesforce objects. I don't have to worry about not being able to access both billing and contact data for our customers at the same time anymore.
  • The automated email feature, known as Copilot, has saved us hundreds if not thousands of hours of work. All of our clients receive specific emails, and we can easily set up which email goes to which client then essentially forget about it.
  • The C360 page lets us access almost any data we need about a client. We can customize what is shown and how the data is organized so our CSM's can quickly see the most important information about our specific clients.
  • The Usage object within Gainsight could use a bit of TLC. We love the data it shows and the potential it has to become a major resource in knowing our customers, but the UI can be a bit clunky at times. The graphs aren't always the most readable or intuitive.
  • The automated emails can only be triggered once a day. We can't send an email within a certain amount of time of an event happening within an account. We also can't easily schedule the same email to trigger multiple times in one day.
  • Health scores are at a good starting point, but we could use a couple more improvements. The first would be to have more options of splitting score categories up into smaller scores (e.g. overall score - usage score - indiv. feature score). We also can't set a weight to diminish over time (e.g. the sales score will always affect the overall score the same amount even after two years)
It is well suited to help automate a lot of tasks (and still getting better!). Sometimes we struggle with accessing account data. Any data stored on a custom Gainsight object can only be accessed through reports with no alternative of accessing the object directly.
August 09, 2017

Review: "Gainsight will change the way you see customers."

• Customer Tracking is accurate and easy to read!
  • They have a fantastic and helpful team. They are responsive and knowledgeable. You will never be left out in the cold.
  • Easy to set up (at least in comparison to other internal tech we've used).
  • These are all knit picks, loading can be slowish, but I would say that is industry wide. There's a lot of data to sort through.
  • There has been syncing issues in the past with Salesforce (But I would assume that it is partly SF's fault).
I have been working with customer analytic tools for a while, and I would say that if you are looking at something like Totango or Intercom or similar, give GainSight a peak. Every tool will have its strengths and weaknesses, but I love GainSight. They have a great team and a great path to the future.
March 24, 2017

Gainsight Review: "Good workflow engine. Good people. Poor customer experience journey."

• Workflow: Calls to actions and their rules engine allows us to build a lot of repeatable workflows. We can now trigger easily trigger workflows based on events and time.
  • Single source of info: Our CSMs now can go to one screen to see their to-do's, customer info and product usage data.
  • Charting: Their charting/reporting capabilities are pretty solid. It's no Tableau, but it covers most of the use cases of what a CSM needs to do their day-to-day work.
  • Their self-help resources isn't very good at all. Their KB is out of date (old screenshots and inaccurate information).
  • Their onboarding process is pretty bad too. The onboarding manager we got was excellent. She went above and beyond to help get us up and running. The collateral, process and tools that she has to work with are pretty poor though. I feel for her.
  • Change management is pretty weak. The way they roll out new features make life very difficult for us. They'd deprecate features before the new features are ready for our workflows. Documentation and help materials for the new materials are not well done either.
Despite the the negatives I called out [below] Gainsight gets the job done once you have it configured. The workflow and data visualization parts of the product work well. If you are at the stage where you're using predictive analytics to predict churn and upsells, you'll need to tack on another tool.
March 24, 2017

Gainsight Review: "You Get What You Give"

• Provide a single place to visualize customer health/risk on an individual and macro basis.
  • Provide a single place for CSMs to track work.
  • Provide an effective executive dashboard for head of Success.
  • Adoption has been rough at times due to over-complicated CTAs. The onboarding provided little guidance in that area.
  • Sponsor Tracking is very buggy.
  • Success Plans do not allow for effective measurement of progress.
  • Admin interface is pretty clunky.
  • Well suited if you have a fairly mature CS org and strong change management.
  • Not well suited if you are still figuring things out in terms of basic CS process.
  • Well suited for customers who are willing to spend enough on services for a sound implementation.
  • Not well suited for customers who want to onboard themselves using nothing but online resources.
March 20, 2017

Review: "Gainsight - Our Journey to Visibility and Scalability"

All of our CSMs worldwide use Gainsight (GS) as their primary tool for account management. This is where they view their daily tasks, alerts on their accounts, dashboard view of their current and upcoming activities.

Our CSM team leaders use GS as well for dashboards where they monitor CSM activity, and will soon have their own flow of managers' CTA with alerts, tasks, and more.

GS helps us with the following:
  • Measuring KPIs for our CSMs
  • Scalability of our department and processes, creating standards and benchmarks for our department and the organization.
  • Customer Service - weekly calls with our CSM, prompt support responses, email availability by our CSM at GS.
  • Building flows in the form of CTAs and incorporation of elements from other systems.
  • Ability to store data and create trends.
  • Reporting - it has all the data, but the report builder section isn't so strong
  • "One to Many" linkage isn't supported
  • Some missing basic function like: creating mandatory fields in CTAs, permission levels amongst users (one user can switch into another user's cockpit).

Well Suited:

1. "Customers Tab" - most used by our CSMs. It's an interactive list of all their account, which is very helpful.

2. Rules Engine - allows to record data to create trends

3. Rules Engine - can be used for risks and alerts

Less appropriate:

1. It can't accommodate lifecycle or retention teams yet. They need to be able to set up Salesforce opportunities

They seem great! I attended a few webinars and like them a lot. Very professional and on point.
I wish I had more time.

I know that our SF Admin that is in charge of GS also managed to find valuable information in the community posts.

I really hope to visit "Pulse" in the future!

Kaitlin Ashley profile photo
March 17, 2017

Gainsight Review: "Great for making CSMs more proactive and getting insight into customer behavior, but you're in for a lot of work"

We are using it primarily for our Customer Success team and to support our Sales Team during the trial process. Our Customer Success team uses Gainsight for CTAs (all events-based at the moment - new client onboard, QBR reminders - but also some performance CTAs, like an alert that their new account hasn't reached our designated "passing" onboarding score), the C360 page to support QBRs, and their client dashboard at times. Our Director of Customer Success has her own dashboard that she monitors for going over CTAs and keeping tabs on how our new clients are onboarding. We also use Copilot to send out trial nurture emails and to automate emails coming "from" our Account Executives and introducing them to our renewal managers (we automate these outreaches because lots of clients fit into this low-touch bucket).
  • CTAs and other rules-based features: CTAs are great because you can query your customer data every day and be alerted if/when your customer is exhibiting specific behaviors. For instance, we have a CTA set up to alert our CSMs if their new customer is 2 weeks into onboarding and has not yet received a "passing" score for onboarding.
  • CoPilot: Copilot has a lot of the same features of CTAs but you can easily automate sending emails to people who meet specified qualifications. For instance, we send an trial nurture emails from Gainsight to accounts in the trial process who are days 2, 5, and 7 into their trial.
  • Usage data view on C360 page: Our team gets a lot of value out of seeing their client's usage activity over time via the C360 page.
  • Too many features: I think Gainsight could benefit from focusing on a handful of key features v. trying to do everything. There are so many tabs and so many areas that I can adjust that it's often overwhelming.
  • Releases: Honestly, I have to brace myself for Gainsight product releases because at least some process that I set-up which was largely "set it and forget it" stops working after a release. I lose a lot of time redoing rules I've made in the rules engine with startling frequency.
  • Support responsiveness: this was exacerbated after the previous release which made sense, but support often takes a full 24 hours to get back to me and simply say they're reviewing my ticket. Whenever I have an issue with Gainsight I assume it'll take the entire week to resolve.
Gainsight is well suited for a Saas company with well-defined business processes, thoughtful Salesforce account structure, and an existing way to link usage data to Salesforce (i.e. a specific field that lives in both places). Gainsight is not well suited for transactional business models or businesses that tend to lose clients after a few months.
I do not leverage these resources. However, I went to Success Express in 2014 and found it useful.
Read Kaitlin Ashley's full review
Joe Breed profile photo
March 15, 2017

Review: "Gainsight has the potential to transform an organization!"

Gainsight is a customer success department's best friend. It really has the power to transform an organization and lives up to its promise as a way to get a 360 view of a customer list. Gainsight is used daily by the customer success manager at Skyword as a way to understand customer risk, identify product adoption trends, conduct research and ensure that all assigned tasks are being completed. Gainsight helps us ensure there are no surprises when it comes to customer churn.
  • Gainsight works incredibly well with SFDC so it makes data integrity something you can count on.
  • Gainsight is extremely customizable so you can really use it in a way that works best for your organization.
  • Gainsight has a very active user community and knowledgeable support desk that makes it easy to find answers to the questions that come up.
  • Gainsight is what you make of it. It's such a robust software that you need to dedicate significant time to making it valuable for your organization.
  • Gainsight's isn't the most user-friendly software. I find it takes time before a CSM fully understands how it can help their day to day. Admins have an even harder job of learning the ins and outs of rule creation, dashboard building, and troubleshooting.
  • Gainsight is built on top of SFDC, so you really need to ensure that your SFDC is set up in a way that will work with Gainsight.
Gainisight is perfect for a company that is already on SFDC and uses SFDC in a "standard" way. Gainsight works well for companies that don't have visibility into how their customers are using their product, get surprise cancellations and use different spreadsheets to collect customer data. Gainsight is also best for companies that have enough CSMs that they can take full advantage of the cockpit and robust rule engine. Gainsight isn't a good fit for companies that don't use SFDC or have just a few CSMs.
Gainsight has a very valuable user group where you can find answers to your questions big and small. I don't really find myself contributing, but actively consume what others are adding. Gainsight has a robust online learning center, but I find the trainings a little slow and very expensive for what you get. I've yet to go to a Pulse event but am looking forward to the main event in May.
Read Joe Breed's full review
Brittany Habel profile photo
March 08, 2017

Gainsight Review: "A growing company with a desire to learn all that GS has to offer"

Currently, only our Customer Success department is using Gainsight. We are slowly growing a success operations team, and as we do, they are starting to use the software more and more. We use it to track overall happiness with our product and healthiness with our company and adoption of our product.
  • Easy to use interface
  • Love the timeline feature to easily see a history of interactions
  • Historical tracking of usage
  • Reporting across various data sources is limited
  • Their usage data is auto-aggregated and cannot be customized
  • Rules based logic is not often intuitive. You need to learn to think in "gainsight" ways
I would recommend only adding Gainsight after having a thorough setup and understanding Salesforce. We implemented both simultaneously which led to a lot correcting as we learned our errors down the road. This led to duplicative work and also needs to re-train the team several times as our workflows changed and evolved. Also, ensure that CS managers are directly involved in the implementation and not just leave it to an admin. This way when it comes to enforcing usage among the CSMs later down the road the managers have a more knowledgeable and vested interest in doing so. Once you have clearly defined processes, Gainsight is wonderful for tracking.
I post on the community when I have product requests or ideas that support doesn't have solutions to and they send me there. The response rate there is hit and miss. Sometimes there is immediate follow through from the product teams but others are never responded to. We attended Pulse last year, but are sending more representatives this year as we found it very useful.
Read Brittany Habel's full review
Myles Van Leuven profile photo
March 17, 2017

Review: "Be ready to make an investment to really get value from Gainsight"

Gainsight is being used within our customer success team. The business problem that it addresses is helping us scale our communications to our growing client base, including our tech-touch clients.
  • Thought leadership
  • Implementation Training
  • Identifying strategic accounts and focusing on them
  • Product stability. One example we have socialized with Gainsight is the sponsor tracking integration with LinkedIn. I believe they have a solution that will be deployed later this year, which we are looking forward to.
  • My team does not have a good perception of our CSM based on lack of responsiveness and a training where she did not come across as very prepared or knowledgeable on the product.
  • Really emphasize the importance of making a significant investment in this product in order to achieve desired results during the purchasing process. We need to be good buyers, but I did not fully appreciate the level of investment needed to make use of this product at the outset.
Gainsight is a good solution for a CSM team looking for a tech touch solution for their clients. That is one of the things I hope to be able to achieve in the near future. It also looks good for a CSM team that wants to implement playbooks, but that feature appears highly contingent on getting data fed into Gainsight - which we are still working on.

I attended the CCO Summit. My team is also attending PULSE.
Read Myles Van Leuven's full review
Martha Torning profile photo

"Gainsight Review"

It is being used by our client success department to help standardize/uniform the calls and experience our clients are receiving.
  • Call to actions functionality.
  • Customer friendly user interface.
  • Integration with Salesforce.
  • Objective CTAs being removed from cockpit and only showing in Success Plans, this should be an admin's decision.
  • Unable to do a formula in reporting/dashboards.
It is well suited for a client success team but less suited for sales originators.
This will be my first year attending Pulse. I took the free admin course after administering Gainsight for several months so I did not find it super beneficial but could see how it would be useful for an admin starting out.
Read Martha Torning's full review
Cara Brill profile photo
March 16, 2017

Review: "Gainsight is a great customer success tool"

Our customer success team uses Gainsight to measure our deployment health, project manage our deployments, and send customer emails.
  • Gainsight's rules engine is really straightforward to use and I love that someone with little programming knowledge can set up rules to fire Calls to Action and make sure project tasks are getting completed.
  • The ability to use the tool to look at customer usage and pull that data into emails is really huge. We haven't been able to use that feature just yet, but I'm looking forward to using it with our clients soon.
  • Measuring health of our deployments, in a standard fashion, across the team, is really important. It allows us to see and address risks before they become bigger issues.
  • We'd like to see the reports function become more useful. We want to be able to pull data from multiple objects without having to set up complex custom MDA tables and rules, and we should be able to include tables from the reports in emails.
  • I'd also like to see relationship health reporting become more robust. I currently have to export our relationship health scores every Monday morning to a customized google sheet in order to color the values and provide that as the executive report to our leadership team.
  • Setting up and testing outreaches could also be easier. It should be much more straightforward to put together test outreach lists.
  • Sending out reports from the dashboard function is fairly crude. The powerpoint formatting is not well done and as a result the reports don't look very professional and I think often get ignored when sent to our team. We should be able to export the dashboard in an email format to our internal team.
Well suited for measuring customer health, seeing user data, and sending customer emails, all in one place. It's less appropriate for complex customer engagement reporting.
I use the Gainsight community for support questions often and really value that the Product Team is active within the forums. It makes me feel as if my voice and requests are being heard.
Read Cara Brill's full review
Jenny Bolden profile photo
March 15, 2017

User Review: "New Customer to Gainsight"

Gainsight is utilized by our organization within our Relationship Management team, which is our more strategic client management group, as well as our Client Experience Managers (also known as CSMs in the Gainsight world). The Client Experience Managers are our heavy users of Gainsight and primarily use Gainsight to manage client lifecycle engagement. It helps ensure our CEMs are engaging on a regular cadence with our client base.
  • Visually engaging UI and ease of navigation.
  • Consolidation of client data in one view that is easy for our CEMs to navigate and review prior to clients' meetings and calls.
  • Seamless integration with SalesForce so our users really feel like they're in one application.
  • The rules engine! It's clearly built for technical resources. Not being able to utilize query functionality such as current quarter, prior quarter, this year, etc...instead of having to use what feels like a formula to calculate a date range can be frustrating. I have nightmares about # of N days from rule date.
  • Gainsight Dashboard stickiness. It often causes issues with our users. Would love to see a reset to default or something that easily resets to the default dashboard filters or clear filters. This would be a huge help.
  • Global Filters are the enemy....I hate having to always clone a report that really I have to rebuild just so I don't have to add all my global filters. It's just clunky.
Gainsight would be great for companies who have a small support team yet lots of clients to engage with. Gainsight provides multiple tools for one to many communications. Also, companies who are focused on renewals would benefit greatly in utilizing Gainsight's health score to aid in negotiating those renewals prior to contract end dates. I think smaller companies wouldn't see a high return on investment.
The Gainsight Community has been a great help as the Gainsight administrator. I often search the community to review other clients' experience with functionality and for tips to optimize how we're utilizing Gainsight. I've been able to attend Pulse as a customer who just signed and had not gone live last year to this year where I look forward to attending Pulse as a live customer with more insight and knowledge to aid in my discussions and sessions.
Read Jenny Bolden's full review
Domenic Armano profile photo
March 15, 2017

Gainsight Review: "Does not disappoint!"

Our team uses Gainsight to manage customer success activities throughout the lifecycle of our software deployments. It allows our team to stay coordinated, identify and manage risks across our company and communicate with our customers. We also use Gainsight to standardize many of our internal and external processes through the use of playbooks. Our executives value the transparency that it provides for our portfolio.
  • Through use of the scorecard feature, Gainsight allows us to manage risk across many complex enterprise deployments.
  • Via playbooks, it has allowed us to standardize our processes and automate many key activities for the team.
  • With the integration into Salesforce it has allowed our customer success and sales teams to collaborate more effectively.
  • We're satisfied with our Gainsight purchase and don't see any areas for improvement worth noting. Our team frequently comments on the community and feel like we're being heard.
I would recommend Gainsight to a colleague who needs to manage many different customer deployments. It is well suited for aligning many CSMs around process standardization and it's a great tool for your team to track key activities within their accounts. As a leader, the flexibility of reporting and rules design is a huge plus.
Our CS operations team uses the community extensively to gain ideas, learn best practices or identify product features that can help our business. The response and support from both Gainsight and community members are a reason that we continue to use the community as a trusted reference source. We haven't use Customer Success University yet. Some of our team spent some time at Pulse last year and gave it very high marks for the value of the content and sessions.
Read Domenic Armano's full review
Gordon Kaywin profile photo
February 20, 2017

Review: "Gainsight: Making Customer Success More Manageable"

I recently worked for a social media marketing SaaS company with several software products available to large enterprise customers and Gainsight was implemented across the Customer Success organization, specifically the Customer Partner group. Prior to Gainsight, the Customer Partnerships team had no direct line of sight into the usage data of our customers. During any given period of time, we were unable to understand if our customers were successfully using the software they had subscribed to. Gainsight was able to address this gap by providing valuable usage data and insights critical to helping the Customer Partner group clearly understand which specific customers were in need of deeper servicing and support.
  • Automatic recurring usage reports: This is a nice feature that takes the burden off of the user having to manually pull reports. Reports can be set up to be delivered via email, at a specific cadence, and provided an at-a-glance overview of customer usage data for a specific time period.
  • Customer360: Gainsight does a good job of providing a centralized area of their product where users can see an up-to-date view of their entire customer portfolio and then drill down into specific accounts to better understand overall customer heath, contract value, contract duration, and important account notes.
  • Gainsight excels at integrating with other systems, for example our Client Success team needed to be able to hook into our training groups management tool and quickly see how many existing training credits a customer might have and when they were expiring. Having this information available inside Gainsight saved us valuable time by providing us with information that was historically hard to obtain.
  • Using Gainsight for any kind of substantial "task management" seemed to fall short. The result was having to use several additional tools outside of Gainsight. For example, it would be nice to have a Gmail integration where emails could be turned into tasks within Gainsight.
  • One area where there is room for more improvement is reporting. The UI still seems clunky and not as intuitive as it could be. This area of the product could benefit from an overhaul focused on both UI/ease of use and data access.
  • Integration with Linkedin is a feature that could add a ton of value for customer success teams, however, it was never reliable and often fired off alerts about org changes that were false.
Gainsight is well suited for large customer success organizations where team members are responsible for managing medium to large account portfolios. Teams with smaller portfolios and companies without access to SalesForce are not likely a great fit for Gainsight. Gainsight is also a platform that needs an "internal champion" or "power-user" who can make sure teams are adopting and understanding the product, without that, adoption is likely to be low over time.
Read Gordon Kaywin's full review
Alexandra Gold profile photo
June 14, 2016

Review: "Gainsight - gives you FULL insight into customers!"

The ways in which we use and plan to use Gainsight include implementing and tracking training survey responses, tracking our product's API data (usage data), incorporating with the sales process in Salesforce (onboarding, training, stage changes and providing insight on those stages to the sales team), tracking sponsors within our client organizations, integrating with Zendesk and viewing customers' tickets, utilizing Google analytics, and more.
  • Integrations with current systems such as Zendesk, Google Analytics, Salesforce as well as our product's API. Incorporating data from our product's API into Gainsight's MDA has been crucial for our one-to-one success outreaches.
  • Easily allows the sales team and engineering team to view (in a very simple interface) the stage of a customer, their requests, and their interactions with our customer success team.
  • Gainsight has a wealth of community support and support mechanisms in their organization. I particularly believe that their community site, in which customers and employees can interact based on feature requests or bugs/issues is perfect for an organization in its Gainsight implementation phase that needs direction on certain aspects regarding attaining optimal value from purchasing Gainsight.
  • Some functionality is missing such as customization in surveys - this is a big one for us. We may have to use another service in order to compensate for the lack of html and css formatting/styling that Gainsight doesn't yet allow in their surveys.
  • There should be additional administrative privileges within Gainsight so that certain people can't access whole pages of the interface such as playbooks or surveys, etc.
Gainsight is well suited for organizations that have larger customer bases or rapidly growing customer bases. The product aggregates all of the data from a ton of customers at once. Gainsight is not as appropriate to implement in an organization without a dedicated Gainsight or Salesforce administrator who learns quickly and is relatively technical. Things move faster after I've learned quickly when it comes to data customization (through Gainsight's MDA and incorporating our product's API data into Gainsight).
Read Alexandra Gold's full review
Pat Kelly profile photo
June 03, 2016

Review: "Rocking Customer Success with Gainsight"

Gainsight is primarily used by the customer success team to help us manage existing customers. The CSMs use it on a daily basis for customer account management, CTAs, reporting, research, data storage, health checks and EBRs. We also have some members of the renewal sales team and pre-sales team that have access in order to see trending customer usage data and scorecard status. Gainsight has helped us address the issue of understanding usage trends across a customer or groups of customers in order to spot patterns that we can address before it becomes a fire. Gainsight also helps us assemble data that we use in our daily work with customers to show them where they are utilizing the platform fully and where they could get more value for their investment in Brainshark.
  • Scorecard is excellent. Very well conceived and easy to modify and maintain. This is critical in our efforts to identify churn risk before it happens.
  • Customer Service & Support is outstanding. I have found that they people at Gainsight are serious about customer service and act accordingly. This value is critical to us because we share the same value here at Brainshark and want to engage with vendors that are responsive, respectful and want us to be successful.
  • Customer 360 view has evolved beautifully. This is truly a 360 view of the customer and becomes the one stop shop for the CSM. In this age where data is all over the place - it is great to have an efficient alternative that helps the CSM do their job.
  • On-going development and thought leadership are incomparable. Gainsight is serious about its business and equally serious about its market/industry. I appreciate the leadership shown by them in the customer success space and frequently utilize the best practices and industry content that they put forward. This support goes well beyond the software and service and adds another layer of service and benefit to the customer community.
  • One area where there has been improvement and there is room for more is in the reporting area. We still tend to use Salesforce reports for many areas because it is easier to manage and maintain. They have made some gains in this area but reporting would be much more useful with an overhaul focused on both UI/ease of use and data access.
  • Gainsight has made tremendous gains in the area of usage data, graphs and exports. But there is still plenty of room for growth, sophistication, flexibility and UI in this area as well. It takes too long in some cases to get exactly the data set the CSM is looking for which decreases efficiency and satisfaction with this part of the service.
If you have customers and CSMs, then it is appropriate.
Read Pat Kelly's full review
Stephen Wilson profile photo
May 12, 2016

Gainsight Review: "Dialed-In Customer Success"

At ON24, we are aligning our business, processes, and workflows to get a laser focus on customer success. We are using Gainsight to provide a holistic view into customer health, adoption, utilization of our service, and most importantly as a vehicle for demonstrating ROI both "Up" and "Out" for our clients. The ability to make sure our clients are getting the most out of our service and being able to very quickly turn around and provide that information allows them to fight for adoption and expand our footprints in their business. Our goal is to provide them with the data based "ammo" to show "Up" the chain of business decision makers our value, and "Out" to their org structure how well they are doing. Gainsight is invaluable in allowing insight into the metrics we need to accomplish this. In addition, we are able to more easily handle the volume of clients that come from rapid expansion of our success. Gainsight in entwined in how we do our business.

Gainsight has also REALLY eased the relationships with our sales team. When they see the spot-on, relevant data it provides to help in their efforts for renewal and expansion, they realize that not only are we a resource, but a partner in their success as well!
  • The calculation of health scores based on a highly tweakable rules engine makes spotting trouble points and wins super easy.
  • The ability to store notes, client feedback, and Salesforce metrics has greatly increased the efficiency of our monthly CXO calls as we review hotspots and areas of interest.
  • The CoPilot feature is AMAZING and is really allowing us to thoughtfully scale up our touch with the clients and control our messaging for consistent and smart client reach out.
  • The insight provided in the dashboard has actually eased our CSM's workload, even with an expanding client portfolio. They can be smart and savvy about where they are spending time. They feel more excited about strategically doing their jobs as opposed to just putting out fires.
  • Sometimes the processes for setting up dashboards and rules are a bit quirky. Not bad, but not always intuitive.
  • We in particular need to have a reporting relationship based on SFDC contracts, not opportunities. At the point the contract is written we need Gainsight to take into account that the CSMs and the renewal team lives in contracts.
  • Make report filtering save last filtering and not revert to default if I jump out of the page.
  • Help my receding hairline through the dashboard.
Customer reporting and health dashboarding. The 360 page is incredibly helpful to grab an all up view.
Read Stephen Wilson's full review
Heather Hansen profile photo
May 12, 2016

User Review: "Gainsight Impresses!"

Currently, we are using Gainsight solely within our success organization. It's been great at providing us a holistic view of the customer as well as providing our CSMs alerts when a customer is in jeopardy. We love the customization options as well as the reporting and dashboards. The ability to track how we are interacting with our customers and then watch what happens afterwards has been instrumental in proving the value of the success team.
  • Love the health scoring functionality. It's great at providing a holistic view of your customer's health.
  • The rules engine and the ability to customize alerts for risk has been incredible for our CSMs. We can enter data to trigger an alert when a customer's usage drops off, and they are more likely to churn.
  • The analytics and dashboarding are great. It's incredibly helpful to be able to set up a subscription to send our executives and leaders information about how their teams are performing at whatever cadence they want.
  • More ability to be able to set up different profiles. We currently have several teams with different needs, and it would be great to have the option of customizing the experience for each instead of one size fits all.
  • More syncing with Outlook/calendar. Would be great for our CSMs to be able to set up an EBR in Gainsight, and then, have it sync to their Outlook calendars.
  • Better organization for reporting, playbooks, rules. It would be great to have some sort of folder system to be able to better organize all the different areas that can get cluttered.
Our business is very complex with lots of products, and even in that scenario, Gainsight has proved to be a great tool to help our CSMs organize their day, have a holistic view of their customers, and track their interactions. I'm not sure there's a situation where I wouldn't recommend it. On top of that, the support team and our CSM truly treat us like their only customer.
Read Heather Hansen's full review
Rasha Proctor profile photo
August 18, 2016

User Review: "Gainsight - A must for CSM teams"

While our customer success and account management teams use Gainsight solutions to help manage our accounts, other departments and our executives access it to get status updates. The solution is definitely a must for managing accounts as it provides visibility of important data points to the team. The Gainsight team has been great in providing guidance to help us manage the process. We are constantly challenged to reconsider our way of approaching the clients in order to become trust advisors and build long lasting partnerships.

• Gainsight is all about customer success. The application is versatile to work with most internal processes and use cases.
  • The deployment team is very helpful in educating us during the implementation process as well as providing insights and suggestions to help enhance our customer success approach.
  • Gainsight also provides great community discussions for all types of users and they are always open for feedback to improve the solutions.
  • The dashboard needs some improvement in terms of usability. It is a bit clunky and not intuitive.
  • Roll-up reporting needs some enhancements.
Gainsight is a great tool for businesses with complex solutions that focus on building deep partnerships with their clients.
Read Rasha Proctor's full review
Seth Wylie profile photo
April 18, 2016

Gainsight Review: "A great foundation for your Customer Success department"

Our Customer Success Team uses Gainsight to keep track of their to dos, essentially. The greatest value in that respect is that Gainsight is able to automatically generate to dos based on any data that's available in Salesforce, or that can be pulled into Gainsight in another way (for example, through their Google Analytics connector, or through a direct upload). Additionally, the customer health is not just visible to our Customer Success Managers based on these individual to dos that they have in their "Cockpit", but via a customer health scorecard that gives an overview to management. Additional functionality, like automated emails to customers and surveys, round out the feature set.
  • Gainsight does a great job at getting you access to the data that you care about. As long as it's in Salesforce, or you're willing to implement a data uploading process using one of Gainsight's data integrations, then the sky is really the limit as far as which data should have what impact in Gainsight.
  • Gainsight's online community provides exceptional access to the product team, who pay close attention to the posts and conversations there, and give thoughtful and earnest replies.
  • Gainsight understands the importance of implementation, given that they live and breathe customer success all day every day. They are dedicated to solving any problems that you encounter, and make sure that you have a positive and productive experience.
  • The interface needs improvement -- it has a clunky feel -- but they're in the midst of a redesign.
  • Gainsight does one major release a month, and I haven't yet seen an example of bug fixes being pushed outside of this schedule, which can be irritating in those few situations where there is a bug standing in your way. However, they do a great job of reaching out once that bug *is* fixed.
  • Our CSMs could use more comprehensive "how to use Gainsight" content. Since we didn't purchase access to a dedicated Customer Success Manager at Gainsight, there's no one to 'invent the wheel' for how our team should be using Gainsight. We're doing a reasonably good job on our own, but more support is always welcome.
In short, we're buyin' what they're sellin'. Gainsight will work exceptionally well for you if you're working to develop customer success processes and tracking. It may be more difficult to use if you've already established those things fairly extensively internally, and need to twist and turn them to get them to fit into Gainsight's infrastructure.
Read Seth Wylie's full review
Shuang Stoppe profile photo
July 15, 2016

User Review: "Gainsight - Game Changer"

Gainsight is used by our account management team currently, but other departments have a lot of interest in adopting it as well. The solution has been a game changer in how we manage our client accounts, by providing visibility of important data points to the team. The Gainsight team has been excellent at providing thought leadership in customer success and helping us revolutionize both our mindset and process. They continue to make us look further, think deeper, with the goal of being more successful at partnering with our clients.
  • Gainsight is the leading voice in customer success. They facilitate and nurture the community discussion on everything customer success.
  • Gainsight's deployment team was incredible in educating and guiding us in the implementation process, when our understanding was very fuzzy about how we wanted to manage our clients. Through working with them, we gained a great deal of insight, and things came into focus. They are still doing it today, providing new ideas on how we enhance our customer success practice.
  • Gainsight listens to its customer community, taking input from users and incorporating their ideas into product development.
  • Gainsight's dashboard needs improvement. It's limited and not intuitive enough.
  • Roll-up reporting also needs enhancement.
Gainsight is well suited for most business environments where customer success is important. It wouldn't be a good fit for a retail business where usage data collection is not consistent.
Read Shuang Stoppe's full review
Ray Lau profile photo
June 23, 2016

Review: "Gainsight - A Must If You Care About Customer Success"

We use Gainsight to monitor the customer's use of the application and measure their health score in relation to our app. We also use it to drive communication to customers. It is currently being used by the Customer Success team. Gainsight gives us the visibility we need as a company to know how customers are doing. I love the NPS Survey feature and how that helps identify advocates.
  • Visibility to health of customers
  • Communication with customers
  • Feedback on product
  • Reporting
It is great for SaaS applications to know how customers are doing.
Read Ray Lau's full review
Amy Lipsius profile photo
June 16, 2016

Gainsight Review: "Invaluable Client Health Visibility for Your Entire Org"

Gainsight is primarily used by the CSMs in our greater Global Client Success org, but it goes beyond that and is an indispensable tool for our executive team as well. We use Gainsight primarily for insight and visibility into client health. We also use it to drive call-to-actions.
  • Call-to-Actions
  • 360 Client Health
  • Annual Pulse Conference
  • Nurturing Email Campaign based on unique metrics or lifecycle of our clients
  • Product Roundtables or local networking events
Our Client Success team has been relying on Gainsight for over three years (it was in place before I came on board at our company). It provides invaluable insight and visibility into client health for our CSMs and greater organization, creating actionable results. CTAs and reporting enable our CS team to be proactive and not reactive with their book of business. Gainsight has been very receptive to our product feedback. They've also sent our Gainsight CSM on site several times for review of the product, features, etc. with our greater team as well as help develop our long-term strategy with our executive team. Their annual conference, Pulse, in San Francisco each year, has been a real boost to my professional knowledge and networking. Highly recommend Gainsight.
Read Amy Lipsius's full review
Scott Superko profile photo
June 14, 2016

Gainsight Review: "Foundation To Customer Success"

Our Customer Success Group uses Gainsight to support the day to day of our CSMs and automate our 1:many approach of driving adoption. Other departments have visibility into Gainsight activities.

Gainsight primarily solves the problems of prioritizing accounts, creating a health score, creating triggers and predicting churn.
  • A health score using various data sources.
  • Calls to Action when there are problems with accounts.
  • One-to-many email service.
  • Cross object reporting
  • Some UI issues
Gainsight is well suited if you have a dedicated customer success group and clean data sources.
Read Scott Superko's full review

Role-based user permissions (131)
API (96)
Integration with Salesforce.com (166)
9.5
Integration with Marketo (42)
Integration with Eloqua (16)
Product usage (159)
Help desk / support tickets (132)
NPS surveys (135)
9.2
Sponsor tracking (131)
Customer profiles (158)
Automated workflow (172)
Internal collaboration (157)
Customer health scoring (172)
9.6
Customer segmentation (146)
Customer health trends (162)
Engagement analytics (142)
Revenue forecasting (87)
9.2
Dashboards (171)

About Gainsight

Gainsight says they enable business transformation through their passionate community, proven expertise, and cutting edge technology. In addition to the largest customer success community, the vendor says they also have a diverse, 333+ customer base spanning across Fortune 1000 companies such as HP, Cisco and Adobe and growth businesses like Box and Shopify.

Via their community and customers, Gainsight says they have developed deep expertise around customer success best practices which are embedded into the product. Additionally, the vendor says 50% of their company headcount is dedicated to R&D, and that their platform can serve business needs across various customer segments. The vendor’s value proposition is that their product innovations are consistently first to market and built to scale from day one.

Gainsight says their customers see an average of 4% higher retention and 20% faster growth than their peers.

Gainsight Features

Customer Data Extraction / Integration Features
Has featureProduct usage
Has featureHelp desk / support tickets
Has featureOnline customer community
Has featureIntegration with Eloqua
Has featureCustomer360
Has feature4D Analytics
Has featureCustomer Lifecycle Cockpit
Has featureIn-product best practices library of resources
Has feature60 second video message to Customers