Reviews (51-75 of 181)
- Customer Health scoring is used to evaluate the health of our customers and drives proactive efficiencies for our CSMs
- Tech Touch assists in automating outreaches.
- Dashboards provide valuable reports to our team.
- Gainsight Support needs to improve their documentation from an Admin perspective.
- Gainsight to SFDC linking needs to be enabled for MDA data, not just SFDC objects.
- Success SnapShot needs to have more fonts, formatting options for PPT.
Review: "Gainsight is a powerful tool to dive in to the details on a customer and get a high-level view of your customer base"
- I enjoy using the Timeline feature to keep track of each customer I work with to ensure their success.
- I like having the CTA's readily accessible in a global view for all customers so I can gauge where I am on certain open tasks.
- The ties into Salesforce are very useful so that others in our company can stay updated on customer health.
- Shifting from Timeline to Detailed view could be better for viewing of notes and product/customer details.
- Reporting and Dashboards could be more visibly appealing and have more easily accessible information. I hear there was a new release this week, so some of this might be addressed.
- Multi-product views could be improved, and losing score card information when customers purchase multiple products is really tough to go through!
- Excellent at sending automated emails and generated semi-templated emails with auto-generated content.
- Great at generating account health scores based off data from multiple sources (CRM, product, 3rd parties, etc.)
- Great at logging activities via the timeline feature for an account.
- Graphing/Data Visualization functionality is very limited.
Additionally Gainsight is very helpful in our managed portfolio in helping to automate some administrative tasks, while still allowing reporting on the cadence of customer engagements and updates.
- Integration (automatic or more manual - e.g. using CSV files) with other data sets (e.g. for support and product usage).
- Configurable customer dashboards - showing key stats and data relevant to that customer.
- Industry best practice information and insights.
- Flexible solution that can be tailored to our specific product and team requirements.
- Local (geographically) support services.
- More regional support and services - think beyond just the USA.
- Tailored professional services packages - e.g. self contained for small and large deliverables.
- More automated out of the box integrations.
- Well suited to customer success team and organisations that need to quickly scale up.
- Less suited to smaller teams and operations (and lower cost).
- Timeline -- allows accounts managers to record events. You can detail date, time, who was involved, how long it lasted, and an open notes section. You can also log clients missing/skipping interactions
- Calls to Action (CTAs) -- can set up one-time or recurring CTAs across the entire organization. Helps to prioritize actions and work collaboratively across teams.
- Recording Scores -- the ability to record customer health scores. Allows for a quick summary view of health that can be expanded on in the notes/timeline
- CTAs are are used rather broadly, would like a specific recurring accounts update section
- Would love an integration with Google calendar to automatically log my calls
- Requires a high degree of training to know the ins and outs. A more robust knowledge base with training videos would be awesome!
Would not recommend for a smaller, centralized organization where the entire company can collaborate physically in the same office. It would be useful, but the cost may not outweigh the benefits.
- Great for collecting information from multiple data sources
- Excels at being able to poll up information throughout an account hierarchy
- Lets all users know what is going on within an account at any given time
- No native SFTP integration
- Might be easier some times to simply code a solution rather than use the UI
- Needs more integration of scorecard fact tables
- Customer 360 when properly provided with accurate data is a huge window into the account when executives hear something about the account and they can just login to see.
- Timeline feature is great.
- We are very excited to use automated CTAs so that our CSMs now can deal with what needs to be done now versus looking for what needs to be done now.
- Documentation on Support is outdated.
- It would be good to have more best practices published in vault and community. Too many times we are having to engage our COM when we would like to be self-serve.
- Gainsight excels at building an effective framework for the CSM to more efficiently interact with clients. We were able to significantly increase the number of clients per CSM with the help of the platform.
- Gainsight helps to produce meaningful datasets that the Administrators can use to create dashboards for the business and for individual users to plan their days at a glance.
- Gainsight provides an incredible automation platform to manage and move data around in the Salesforce instance, to build meaningful automated task assignment, merge and pivot complex datasets, and build out meaningful client metrics.
- Gainsight's Rules Engine grows more powerful and capable over time but has become more complex and unintuitive to use.
- The mass communications platform has become our primary choice due to the native Salesforce functionality it offers, but survey functionality still has room to grow to allow for better forking of questions and translation of UI options, which would improve ease of use.
- Gainsight has much room for improvement in the area of consulting meaningfully with clients on best implementations in given industries and sectors. They could do a better job by focusing on bucketing customers and thoughtfully designing industry-specific approaches rather than providing a very basic setup and letting clients struggle to build an effective platform from there.
- Uses Salesforce effectively and correctly
- Understands what client metrics best affect renewals
- Has built an integration to aggregate that data and push it to Salesforce or another data platform already and correlate it with Salesforce records
If your contact records are not clean or attached to your customers correctly in Salesforce, its mass communications tools will be less effective.
- Gainsight provides the availability of bringing in product usage data so that we can use that data to trigger actions such a touch points and follow ups between us and the client.
- Gainsight provides to ability to create a scorecard for client health. This incorporates the data we have coming in from our product as well as data we already have within Salesforce and use this to provide a grade for specific measures that all add up to an overall client health score. This functionality has had a large impact for our organization.
- Gainsight has great customer support. When you are with Gainsight you have the chance to have a Client Success Manager as well as a dedicated Support Representative. This is awesome because your Client Success Manager helps you with the bigger pictures and addressing the business problems you want solved and your dedicated support rep helps you along the road with any technical support you need (which they learn about what you do and the way you use the system so over time they are even better at helping answer your unique questions).
- Gainsight is always releasing great updates and new product features. When updates and features do come out you can tell that they are thought through but sometimes wish they were a little more robust. It is understood that it does take time for these features to become more robust and Gainsight is really great on listening to customer feedback so needs are typically met at some point.
- Standardized CSM workflows is very key. It puts process and science to a role that has historically acted more like an art form. Every can now have the same reaction process for key activities with our clients.
- NPS and CSAT. We historically ran this through other tools, but we have been blown away by the increase in response rates by utilizing Gainsight, along with our abilities to automate reactions to those scores provided by clients. I can't say enough good things about this part of the tool.
- Client Health Scoring: we refer to our Gainsight version as Client Health 2.0 internally. We had a pretty basic model that stretched across all reached of our business, but that's just it...it was basic. Gainsight allowed us to easily tie together data that was nearly impossible with just SFDC without significant development efforts on our end. We also went the route of pulling all data from our applications to start watching the trending behind the scenes for other leading indicators. Our teams now have watch on a couple hundred variables that we previously had no insight into with relation to churn. It requires the most effort and planning for a business to implement, but the rewards are 100% worth it. We doubled the effectiveness of our predictive model, and we rely on this data across everything from client care, to sales, to finance, to renewals, to marketing, and so on.
- The only areas I would like to see adjusted would be around dashboards and reporting. I considered myself an expert in building reports and dashboards in SFDC, and I now rely on our Gainsight administrator for everything in Gainsight. Perhaps consider some basic options for individual users to more easily create their own.
Less Appropriate areas: full-on marketing/lead generation. I have found that it's a great supplement to our marketing efforts, but would not recommend someone to use it for everything is you are supporting a large customer base
- Continually improves the platform.
- Energy flowing conferences.
- Services team really helped with setup and issues.
- Better high-level reporting for Directors. We have a lot of relationship offerings and there are limits.
- Expensive for licenses.
- Dashboard permissions are tough. Need to have them in groups so I don't have to add each person to each dashboard. We have a lot of dashboards.
Less suited- data inaccuracy on our side, difficult to bring data in from different sources
- The dashboards help me to know where I am in the lifecycle of my accounts and also brings to light in a nice visual way any accounts experiencing risk factors so that I can delve in and address any issues.
- The CTAs (Call to Action) task list is key in helping me stay on top of my accounts.
- I love the ability to easily send emails directly from CTAs. This really streamlines the workflow.
- Integration with SalesForce is key and brings timeline items to the forefront for others within our organization.
- The ability to easily generate reports of captured data would be nice.
- Gainsight has great support! We love the relationship we have with our CSM at Gainsight, as well as access to their support team, online knowledge base, and their Community.
- We love the Rules Engine and how we can customize Gainsight to work for us. We have built rules that comb through our customer accounts and usage to give us great things to reach out to about them. We can customize email templates based on these rules and create efficiency for our consultants.
- The concept behind Success Plans - we're all about it! We like that Gainsight offers a way to track a plan being created and customized for our customer base. We tailor them and let our consultants tweak them further based on their relationships.
- Reporting - we have faced limitations and trouble implementing reports. They aren't user friendly and can't be edited easily by users who are looking to access their own reports.
- The product is powerful which makes it difficult to learn. Since it's so robust, their is a learning curve for sure!
- Forces you to standardize your playbook and setup CTA's to execute common plays
- Aggregates multiple sources of client information into a single dashboard
- Grows our Customer Success team using latest trends in the industry
- Wished it would handle my reference process instead of a 3rd party app.
- Would love for it to handle advocacy (i.e. Intuitive)
- Manage risks very seamlessly
- Demonstrate value to our end users in terms of ROI through dynamic data
- Manage expansion opportunities
- Rules engine has some limitations in terms of bionic rules
- Being more diverse in the way Scorecards are determined/ created-- i.e. through MDA
- Capture important historical data daily with MDA tables
- Create reports and dashboards quickly
- Great user interface
- Additional options for visualizing data in reports
- More documentation on building and updating MDA tables
- More chart types for dashboards
- Flexibility in constructing Customer Health Scores: from data sources, to rule-building and score weighting, etc.
- Providing structure for the Customer Success team to track day-to-day activities: both system-prompted based on data, and manually-created.
- Simple high-level reporting for management and executives.
- Robust community of users sharing best practices, ideas and collectively solving problems.
- We need to better capture what individual stakeholders at a company care about so we can manage to that. Gainsight doesn't currently provide a way to track specific goals for individual contacts, but all goals/objectives are at the company level.
- Gainsight doesn't provide an easy way to share dashboards/reports with executives and leadership via email.
- The implementation was a little rocky. The Success Express workshop wasn't structured in a way to allow us to get maximum benefit, and our Project Manager throughout implementation often struggled to find solutions and ideas for us.
Gainsight is not well suited for cases where customer data is lacking or particularly dirty, or for very small teams without administrative support.
It solves account tracking, account related to-dos, and helps us be uber organized about client success functions and follow up.
- Action Items — Makes it really clear which accounts have to-do's, let's you set due dates on these, allows organization to push standard CTAs associated with account on-boarding, check-ins, etc.
- Note taking! I am obsessed with Timeline. Allows me to log account updates, important email exchanges, call notes and other general account good-to knows and also create tasks based on each.
- There may be something in our team's instance of GS that auto prompts 'Closed as Incomplete' at the main CTA level when you close too many playbook tasks and then the main CTA at the same time. Again, this may be settings.
- As much as I love Timeline, the formatting can sometimes be very off. Especially if you're copying and pasting content into Timeline.
- It would be great to be able to co-create Timeline entries. Myself and my CSM partner will often times take notes on the same call, so its duplication.
- Would be great to be able to @mention someone in Timeline.
- Integration with Salesforce to allow our teams to follow-up based on activity and renewal history and easily update Salesforce records
- Reports that give a quick glance at renewal pipelines and account performance
- Segment customer email campaigns based on account activity and history
- Co-pilot (email) reporting
- Email builder and template creation
- Email assist feature (playbook creation)
Gainsight is not well-suited for teams that have irregular check-in schedules with their customers, or do not have clean and accurate data which to built the Gainsight environment around.
It helps us to scale in a way processes are robust. We are utilizing same methodology to manage all accounts, get us aware of customers at risk, get the work of the CSM day to day much more organized, provide the manager the needed visibility of customer tied to a team/ region/ other specific metrics.
- Views of accounts that it makes it easy to track - for example - manage accounts to be renewed this quarter/ accounts to be renewed next quarter/ New customers that are on boarding etc.
- Account 360 - detailed area where I can view all information required per account.
- Timeline - capability that you can utilize to log in quickly any type of activity done with the customer - so you can track history.
- Views are not always adjusting to screens - makes it super not user friendly to use it.
- When view is even smaller than the screen, you get the view on 2/3 of the screen rather than adjusting for full screen.
- You are not being able to add comments to a specific account, when you are on one of the views.
- You must go into the account 360 and add your comments.
- Very time consuming.
- Too many clicks when you deal with CTA - makes it unusable.
- Provides turnkey analytics on customer usage of our products.
- Alerts when usage has dropped
- Manages NPS surveys and responses
- Timeline for tracking activities & cockpit for task management
- Sponsor tracking doesn't work properly
- Somewhat manual (requires a lot of inputs directly from users--and setup on backend)
- Date range on usage reports (can only change greater than or less than)--and need to update when you pivot to a new report
It's helpful in preparing for business reviews or checkpoints with customers; proving out the value of our relationship & showing the progression of account health.
The Gainsight Sally Slack integration is good for execs but not many other uses
Gainsight Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Gainsight says they enable business transformation through their passionate community, proven expertise, and cutting edge technology. In addition to the largest customer success community, the vendor says they also have a diverse, 333+ customer base spanning across Fortune 1000 companies such as HP, Cisco and Adobe and growth businesses like Box and Shopify.
Via their community and customers, Gainsight says they have developed deep expertise around customer success best practices which are embedded into the product. Additionally, the vendor says 50% of their company headcount is dedicated to R&D, and that their platform can serve business needs across various customer segments. The vendor’s value proposition is that their product innovations are consistently first to market and built to scale from day one.
Gainsight says their customers see an average of 4% higher retention and 20% faster growth than their peers.
Gainsight Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||10%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||60%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||30%|
Gainsight Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|