Gainsight Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Markus Melton | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Gainsight for a customer success organization is essential. It gives account managers, or CSM's a one-stop-shop view of all their customers, and with the dashboards that can be configured, they can have an easy outlook as to why a merchant's overall health score may have dropped or improved. Some scenarios where it is less appropriate, however, would be Sales or Risk, etc., just due to the limitations of the product and how catered to it is for customers and updates/historical information on them.
Read Markus Melton's full review
Mike Hilverda | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

One of the biggest differences between Gainsight and ClientSuccess is in their Salesforce integration. Gainsight's Salesforce integration is fantastic but without Salesforce, the value isn't nearly the same. You really need the two together to get full value. ClientSuccess's Salesforce integration is not as good, but their v2 is making the competition a lot closer.
Read Mike Hilverda's full review

Alternatives Considered

We have tried multiple software options, and Gainsight for us has been robust enough for us to gain the information, and reporting for us to create the plans we need to continue a fast growing teams. We are constantly looking for additional ways to improve our view.

Alternatives Considered

I have not used or evaluated any other products like Gainsight. In the past, I was using Wrike to store my client notes and use keep tabs on their onboarding process. I also synced my email to Salesforce so that the account managers could see my activity with customers. I know my managers evaluated a lot of products and ended up on Gainsight because it was the best fit for our needs.
Sacha Laskow | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

We started with Totango as it was seemingly a much more simple implementation, and it was definitely user-friendly, however ultimately the lack of flexibility was not going to work for us. I also attended demos of the other major players such as Amity and generally found they all had interesting perspectives and differentiation; however the Salesforce integration and thought leadership of Gainsight took the edge.
Read Sacha Laskow's full review

Alternatives Considered

Gainsight has more features and better community/ thought leadership. We purchased it three years ago so I can’t remember all the details :). We did take a look at Totango again recently but their support was not on par with sour standards.

Alternatives Considered

Our Salesforce admin is constantly pushing us to adopt more of the features of Salesforce. However, we find that Gainsight is a stronger tool for customization and enhanced interdepartmental communications. Timeline makes it easy to understand where we stand in a customer lifecycle, which is far superior to reviewing an activity history related list in Salesforce.

Alternatives Considered

There's really nothing like it that I've experienced, as this is one of my first positions within a Customer Success org. I've had quite a bit of experience in Adobe Creative Suite, and just how the features in those are complex, Gainsight has similar vibes-- that it takes a bit of experience to learn but once you know the complexities, the world is your oyster and possibilities are endless. I love that it's constantly innovating and challenging me to keep up with those changes. I cannot wait until the UX is perfect.

Alternatives Considered

Gainsight is a much more robust tool than Totango and offers many more features with more capabilities. However, implementing and managing it is much more time consuming and technical. One key advantage for Gainsight is that it lives in Salesforce, whereas with Totango you might have some issues integrating the two systems. Also, the work management tools and reporting of Gainsight are far more robust. The one advantage Totango has is integrating and reporting of usage data, which is much easier and offers more functionality than Gainsight, and provides a lot of value.

Alternatives Considered

We went with Gainsight above Totango or ChurnZero primarily because of the maturity of their organization. They are the market & thought leaders on Customer Success management and we wanted that in our corner when maturing our own CS organization. Gainsight is also the most seamless to integrate with Salesforce which was a large driving factor as well.

Alternatives Considered

I really haven't used other tools that can be related to what Gainsight provides. I can say that Gainsight is definitely one of the bests in the markets. For me, the combinations of being a platform with a lot of tools and futures for customers plus a great customer service is the formula for success.
Ben Michael | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I honestly haven't done much research on other options, but I ave talked with reps from Bullhorn. I believe they are newer to Customer Success, but they had a unique offering that searched Outlook for all customers emails to your company's email server. This level of transparency would be amazing with a growing company. However, we ended up not pursuing this option due to technical limitations, cost, and no additional benefits.
Read Ben Michael's full review

Role-based user permissions (156)
API (112)
Integration with Salesforce.com (193)
Integration with Marketo (48)
Integration with Eloqua (19)
Product usage (186)
Help desk / support tickets (157)
NPS surveys (159)
Sponsor tracking (152)
Customer profiles (185)
Automated workflow (199)
Internal collaboration (186)
Customer health scoring (199)
Customer segmentation (169)
Customer health trends (186)
Engagement analytics (165)
Revenue forecasting (105)
Dashboards (201)

About Gainsight

Gainsight says they enable business transformation through their passionate community, proven expertise, and cutting edge technology. In addition to the largest customer success community, the vendor says they also have a diverse, 333+ customer base spanning across Fortune 1000 companies such as HP, Cisco and Adobe and growth businesses like Box and Shopify.

Via their community and customers, Gainsight says they have developed deep expertise around customer success best practices which are embedded into the product. Additionally, the vendor says 50% of their company headcount is dedicated to R&D, and that their platform can serve business needs across various customer segments. The vendor’s value proposition is that their product innovations are consistently first to market and built to scale from day one.

Gainsight says their customers see an average of 4% higher retention and 20% faster growth than their peers.

Gainsight Features

Customer Data Extraction / Integration Features
Has featureProduct usage
Has featureHelp desk / support tickets
Has featureOnline customer community
Has featureIntegration with Eloqua
Has featureCustomer360
Has feature4D Analytics
Has featureCustomer Lifecycle Cockpit
Has featureIn-product best practices library of resources
Has feature60 second video message to Customers