Gainsight Reviews

January 07, 2020
Sarah Yeargin | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I can not think of another product that compares to Gainsight. There is nothing else like it!
Read Sarah Yeargin's full review
December 20, 2019
Markus Melton | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Gainsight for a customer success organization is essential. It gives account managers, or CSM's a one-stop-shop view of all their customers, and with the dashboards that can be configured, they can have an easy outlook as to why a merchant's overall health score may have dropped or improved. Some scenarios where it is less appropriate, however, would be Sales or Risk, etc., just due to the limitations of the product and how catered to it is for customers and updates/historical information on them.
Read Markus Melton's full review
September 06, 2019
Mike Hilverda | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

One of the biggest differences between Gainsight and ClientSuccess is in their Salesforce integration. Gainsight's Salesforce integration is fantastic but without Salesforce, the value isn't nearly the same. You really need the two together to get full value. ClientSuccess's Salesforce integration is not as good, but their v2 is making the competition a lot closer.
Read Mike Hilverda's full review
August 16, 2019
Sacha Laskow | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

We started with Totango as it was seemingly a much more simple implementation, and it was definitely user-friendly, however ultimately the lack of flexibility was not going to work for us. I also attended demos of the other major players such as Amity and generally found they all had interesting perspectives and differentiation; however the Salesforce integration and thought leadership of Gainsight took the edge.
Read Sacha Laskow's full review
January 08, 2020

Alternatives Considered

We have tried multiple software options, and Gainsight for us has been robust enough for us to gain the information, and reporting for us to create the plans we need to continue a fast growing teams. We are constantly looking for additional ways to improve our view.
August 19, 2019

Alternatives Considered

Gainsight has more features and better community/ thought leadership. We purchased it three years ago so I can’t remember all the details :). We did take a look at Totango again recently but their support was not on par with sour standards.
December 03, 2019

Alternatives Considered

N/A We have not (as far as I know) used other products like Gainsight, the closest has been Salesforce as a CRM
August 23, 2019

Alternatives Considered

I have not used or evaluated any other products like Gainsight. In the past, I was using Wrike to store my client notes and use keep tabs on their onboarding process. I also synced my email to Salesforce so that the account managers could see my activity with customers. I know my managers evaluated a lot of products and ended up on Gainsight because it was the best fit for our needs.
August 14, 2019

Alternatives Considered

We were users of ChurnZero -- however, it reached a point where the features and functionality of Gainsight surpassed what ChurnZero was offering at the time
August 14, 2019

Alternatives Considered

We went with Gainsight above Totango or ChurnZero primarily because of the maturity of their organization. They are the market & thought leaders on Customer Success management and we wanted that in our corner when maturing our own CS organization. Gainsight is also the most seamless to integrate with Salesforce which was a large driving factor as well.
February 18, 2019
Penny Ashley-Lawrence | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

My companies both chose Gainsight before I arrived, so I was not part of that process. I have evaluated ChurnZero outside of the process and I think it's a great tool - maybe more so for smaller companies.
Read Penny Ashley-Lawrence's full review
May 17, 2019

Alternatives Considered

Gainsight was demonstrated to be the best customer success platform in the industry and their best practice and thought leadership also boosted our willingness to partner with them.
May 15, 2019

Alternatives Considered

Our Salesforce admin is constantly pushing us to adopt more of the features of Salesforce. However, we find that Gainsight is a stronger tool for customization and enhanced interdepartmental communications. Timeline makes it easy to understand where we stand in a customer lifecycle, which is far superior to reviewing an activity history related list in Salesforce.
April 26, 2019

Alternatives Considered

There's really nothing like it that I've experienced, as this is one of my first positions within a Customer Success org. I've had quite a bit of experience in Adobe Creative Suite, and just how the features in those are complex, Gainsight has similar vibes-- that it takes a bit of experience to learn but once you know the complexities, the world is your oyster and possibilities are endless. I love that it's constantly innovating and challenging me to keep up with those changes. I cannot wait until the UX is perfect.
April 26, 2019

Alternatives Considered

Gainsight is a much more robust tool than Totango and offers many more features with more capabilities. However, implementing and managing it is much more time consuming and technical. One key advantage for Gainsight is that it lives in Salesforce, whereas with Totango you might have some issues integrating the two systems. Also, the work management tools and reporting of Gainsight are far more robust. The one advantage Totango has is integrating and reporting of usage data, which is much easier and offers more functionality than Gainsight, and provides a lot of value.
April 17, 2019

Alternatives Considered

I really haven't used other tools that can be related to what Gainsight provides. I can say that Gainsight is definitely one of the bests in the markets. For me, the combinations of being a platform with a lot of tools and futures for customers plus a great customer service is the formula for success.
February 22, 2019

Alternatives Considered

Gainsight was much better than Salesforce Lightning due to the intuitive layout and user interface. Gainsight limits the number of clicks and is much more visually appealing and easy to use.

Role-based user permissions (156)
API (112)
Integration with Salesforce.com (193)
Integration with Marketo (48)
Integration with Eloqua (19)
Product usage (186)
Help desk / support tickets (157)
NPS surveys (159)
Sponsor tracking (152)
Customer profiles (185)
Automated workflow (199)
Internal collaboration (186)
Customer health scoring (199)
Customer segmentation (169)
Customer health trends (186)
Engagement analytics (165)
Revenue forecasting (105)
Dashboards (201)

What is Gainsight?

Gainsight’s customer-centric technology aims to drive the future of customer success. The company’s Customer Cloud offers a set of solutions focused on customer success, product experience, revenue optimization, customer experience, and customer data, that together are designed to enable businesses to put the customer at the center of everything they do. The vendor states that companies that use Gainsight grow net retention by up to 33 percent. Learn how leading companies like Okta, SAP Concur, and Box use Gainsight at www.gainsight.com.

Gainsight Features

Customer Data Extraction / Integration Features

Has featureProduct usage
Has featureHelp desk / support tickets
Has featureOnline customer community

Has feature360 Customer View
Has featureCockpit
Has featureTimeline
Has featureSuccess Plan
Has featureIn-product best practices library of resources

Gainsight Screenshots

Gainsight Downloadables

Gainsight Integrations

HubSpot Marketing Hub, Oracle CRM, SAP CRM, NetSuite ERP, Zoho CRM, Pipedrive, Slack, SurveyMonkey, Twilio Segment, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Zendesk, G2, Clarizen One, Influitive, Learndot, Dell Boomi, MindTouch, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM), Infor, Sugar CRM, Tableau, Outlook, Gmail, Azugua, Point of Reference, RO Innovation, Salesforce Pardot, CaliberMind, HelpDocs, Electron

Gainsight Competitors