July 02, 2020
Genesys Cloud bridges the gap between excessive complex vs. limited functionality options for contact centre platforms.
Score 8 out of 10
Read Kristopher Kauth's full review
Pros and Cons
- Ability to BYOC "Bring Your Own Carrier" for the phone lines.
- Good IVR functionality, and fairly easy to configure.
- Can burst license use during operational fluctuations, and just pay the overage, rather than increase commitment.
- Use desk phones from home, as part of the contact centre and/or PBX.
- Outbound calling rules are not as robust as Genesys Pure Connect Cloud.
- Permissions and interface settings are not as granular as we would like. Such as being able to remove a specific tab/feature from the left navigation for some roles.
- There could be a better interface or features for looking up recordings for QA. Currently have to "dig" a bit to find what we are looking for.
- The phone menu only has voice options, and doesn't list their numerical equivalent, even though they still exist (e.g. say "greetings" or press "3").