Reviews (1-25 of 60)
- Dial Plan - This is the best part of the system. Its easy and very powerful. Creating an IVR has never been that simple in any phone system.
- Faxes - the system for faxes is simplistic but it's also at no additional cost and anyone can have a fax.
- Mobile App - This is the worst part of the system. It barely answers phone calls, crashes, loses its registration and drops off call queues. I can't tell you how bad that app is.
- Custom call routing
- Cell phone app
- Virtual fax
- GoToMeeting video conferencing
- When you dial a number in the Jive for Windows console Is like to have the option to transfer it to my desk phone.
- Figuring out where to go to accomplish a task can be intimidating. It took me an hour to figure out where to go to override my phone schedule. The ability to override the office hours schedule on the fly when you're expecting a call off-hours would be best. A star or pound code would do it.
- Device agnostic
- Desk phone integration
- The text messaging is weak. No multi-department functionality. No MMS. No other messaging channels, such as Messenger, live chat, or Twitter DM
- No integrations with Omni-channel messengers, which means juggling multiple windows
- Your phone book is able to be seen by everyone that has access.
- You can easily switch your assigned phone numbers around.
- If you don't save your assigned numbers online it will erase them from the base phone.
- Customer service is outstanding! They are always knowledgable, trustworthy, and make sure to take care of all of your needs; whether it's resending an invoice for records, trouble shooting an issue, or adding services, they make sure they listen, resolve, and think forward for their customers.
- Price is exceptional for the services we receive; there is no comparison to the price for other similar services and I can attest to that as we've attempted to use multiple companies and Jive is the only one that worked for us while saving us money!
- Technical Support- Some of us in the office are not very technical savvy. Any time there is an issue they make sure to get it resolved; and they don't make us feel less than for our lack of knowledge. It's nice to be treated with respect when you need help with something you don't understand. It's even better to be confident that you are speaking with an expert who will quickly and efficiently resolve the issue.
- PBX portal is a bit bulky; there are a lot of links but not always the most intuitive. That said, customer service is great about helping to navigate and change it if anything is needed.
- When I call they always ask me for the ticket number first. It would be good if they could ask if I have opened a ticket or need to open one. Conversations can be a bit lengthy trying to explain what I'm needing to do.
App is fantastic, we LOVE that we can answer the phone anytime and anyplace!
- Jive Customer Service is exceptional - you get to a knowledgeable representative quickly and they stay with you until the issue is resolved. If there is a reason for them to call you back, they actually do!
- Online Knowledge based support - if you have a question regarding how to do something, just google it! For example, "How do I set up a schedule in Jive"? And, presto, the link to the documentation pops up. They have helpful videos and, if you still can't figure out, live help is always available.
- RELIABILITY - Jive is up and at 'em 24/7, which is crucial in our service based business.
- Jive has exceedingly robust reporting - when we need to track calls, productivity, etc. - we can get it from our reporting.
- So far, I have not seen any lack in the Jive functionality, perhaps because our needs are fairly basic. One thing that would be nice is to be able to assign multiple people to get emails for voicemail from a single extension. That is, instead of just sending email to the extensions user or one email address, I would like to be able to have the ability to send to several.
If we were a much larger shop and had the need for our own technical staff AND were already wired for phones, there might be a scenario where long term there might be less expensive option than Jive Hosted VoIP. But this meets our needs perfectly!
- Confusing branding. There is Jive and GotoConnect.
- Old admin interface randomly shows up when navigating.
- Faxes use a weird authentication code in the subject instead of whitelisting emails.
- Multiple office connection
- Very Robust Auto attendant
- e-voicemail and e-fax
- We honestly haven't found too many issues - we have some slight connectivity issues, but that is due to poor internet service and not Jive.
- The Jive dial plans for incoming calls. This allows extreme flexibility. I used to program digital PBX systems and only dreamed of the flexibility offered by the Jive drag and drop dial plans.
- All features are easily accessible in the admin web portal, and there is no additional cost for most features that other providers charge for, such as call queues and conference rooms.
- SMS messages - This still needs some work, but in this age, many people assume they can text you back at whatever number you called from, not realizing you may have called from the office phone. Now when I get a text mistakenly sent to my office number I can still respond.
- Keep working on developing SMS capability.
- Keep working on the Jive mobile app. It has improved greatly over the years but still needs improvement.
- Need different or flexible ring tones.
- Get all the admin portals standardized. It's still a bit confusing.
- Add better admin restrictions. There are many situations where someone may need certain admin capability but not others. To have only super admin and admin is not good enough.
- Everyone with admin capability can activate call monitoring and listen in on others' calls which makes this a less secure platform. I cannot recommend Jive for customers with serious privacy needs. They need to have a way to limit certain destructive or dangerous features yet allow other admin type access.
- International calling, at least a year ago, was not very reliable. I hope that has improved.
- Businesses with multiple locations that need to talk with each other and connect calls amongst each other.
- Businesses where employees care about getting voicemail as email, calls transferred to cell phones, and web portal access. If the employees don't care or do not need an active "phone life" then it may not help them.
- Companies that want phone numbers in other areas or who want to keep their numbers when they move. Regular phone companies and cable companies are restricted from moving phone numbers to other central office areas. Once a number is ported into Jive VoIP, it has portability and can be sent to any location.
- Any company where most employees are constantly on the phone. It becomes very cost-effective.
- A company with just one or two phone lines and perhaps lots of extensions - and do not need any above features. Not cost-effective.
- A company that can't figure out how to transfer phone calls among extensions.
- Backend admin control panel is robust.
- Mobile and desktop apps are well designed and very useful, especially for remote staff. Available in Windows, OSX, iOS as well as Android platform.
- Great customer service and tech support.
- 2 years, '0' down time caused by Jive, always ISP's issues.
- Send your IT guy/girl home! You can do this yourself! Yes, it is that easy!
- Mobile app's features/GUI can be polished a bit. Ability to add quick dial buttons would be great.
- Virtual phone system
- GoToMeeting online meetings
- Business SMS
- Call control from my Plantronics headset. Can't even hang up the phone with it.
- I'd like the ability to make mobile phone calls without using data. Jive said it can't be done, but the RingCentral mobile app does that.
- SMS interface is not very intuitive.
- Call quality is high compared to other options
- Price for value of service
- Easy to use
- Connection when first loading page is slow.
- At times, after hanging up a call, Jive will auto-dial the same number.
- Would like it to have faster processing when using pages.
- If we need to make any changes to the dial plan (call routes), it is very easy to do in the portal.
- If we need to make changes to the schedule, it is very easy to do in the portal.
- If we don't have access to the portal, we can always call directly to Jive and one of the reps is able to help us with the changes we need done.
- You also get GoToMeeting with your Jive seat at no additional cost—this is a huge cost saver. The money that you spend and everything that you get with Jive is a definite "positive" about being with Jive.
- We transfer a lot of calls: being able to monitor the status of our co-workers saves us a lot of 'checking' calls. We see that someone is on a call so we can always transfer the new caller directly to someone's voicemail.
- With Jive, you can use one number for voice/fax/texting—that's very convenient!
- Sometimes Jive will make improvements to their portal, but they don't always tell you about it.
- Customer service is excellent.
- Online user interface for profile management, call scheduling, and much more is easy to navigate and use.
- Easy to use products. The phones are pretty self-explanatory and installing them takes 5 seconds. The instructions are perfectly clear.
- The online user interface lags at times but it doesn't slow work down. I've only had 6 months of Jive experience and have yet to find a major flaw.
- Sends an email with voicemails so I can make sure to reply ASAP.
- Customer service! Each time I have called, agents have been super nice, patient and helpful.
- I was able to answer a call when in Guatemala.
- When I picked up a call in Guatemala, the call would fall constantly. I was able to talk a little but it was a difficult connection.
- The app seems to have some bugs that make it log out randomly.
- For some reason, sometimes in the app, it is hard to “hang up”, the call stays on even after pushing “end call.”
- Reliable - little to no down time. And very few dropped calls.
- Easy to Manage - the PBX is easy to set up and making changes to other features is easy.
- Customer Support- everytime I have had an issue their customer support has always been quick to help.
- Nothing I can think of really
- Voicemails are sent to our e-mails, phones and cell phones. We will be notified via the app on our cell phones if we are not in the office and can retrieve them from wherever we are!
- Pricing. Love it. Very streamlined and straight forward.
- Customer service is great. They keep a ticket open until we say to close it.
- Onboarding was so easy with Jive. Their person logged right into my computer screen and we both were involved. I got to see how it is done (which by the way, is super cool). Everything was done in one simple session. Yes, it took over an hour, but it was done in one.
- Faxing. Currently faxing can only come into one e-mail address. To work around that issue, we created a new e-mail just for the incoming Jive faxes, and then that e-mail was set to forward to all e-mail addresses in the office.
- Users can sit at their desks and communicate with another user without having to get up.
- Increased productivity.
- Easier to manage and administer with online portal.
- I find it easy to use, not really any suggestions for improvement.
- The Find Me tree took more time to learn.
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About GoToConnect (formerly Jive)
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Screenshots
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Video
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Integrations
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Competitors
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Sign up for a no-obligation month-to-month account, or sign a long-term contract for better deals on service pricing and hardware. GoToConnect provides all the features you need with unlimited use (where other companies charge extra for additional features or increased use). Customer & Technical support is available 24/7 to help you resolve any issue. A dedicated onboarding team will help you get your phone system set up for your needs.
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|