Reviews (1-25 of 60)
- Dial Plan - This is the best part of the system. Its easy and very powerful. Creating an IVR has never been that simple in any phone system.
- Faxes - the system for faxes is simplistic but it's also at no additional cost and anyone can have a fax.
- Mobile App - This is the worst part of the system. It barely answers phone calls, crashes, loses its registration and drops off call queues. I can't tell you how bad that app is.
- Custom call routing
- Cell phone app
- Virtual fax
- GoToMeeting video conferencing
- When you dial a number in the Jive for Windows console Is like to have the option to transfer it to my desk phone.
- Figuring out where to go to accomplish a task can be intimidating. It took me an hour to figure out where to go to override my phone schedule. The ability to override the office hours schedule on the fly when you're expecting a call off-hours would be best. A star or pound code would do it.
- Confusing branding. There is Jive and GotoConnect.
- Old admin interface randomly shows up when navigating.
- Faxes use a weird authentication code in the subject instead of whitelisting emails.
- Device agnostic
- Desk phone integration
- The text messaging is weak. No multi-department functionality. No MMS. No other messaging channels, such as Messenger, live chat, or Twitter DM
- No integrations with Omni-channel messengers, which means juggling multiple windows
- Customer support
- Technical Support
- The Jive app in the Apps Market is very poor quality.
- Inability to sync messages between Jive app and GoToConnect
- GoToConnect constantly disconnecting from the network. This wasn't an issue we had with RingCentral.
- The inability of Jive to support images via SMS message. We've had to revert back to having merchants send images to our support inbox.
- Text messages not successfully being sent.
- Unresponsive/delayed response from dial pad within the GoToConnect application.
- Dial Plans. A HUGE amount of options to choose, very good options and you can do pretty much everything you want with the call flow and ring groups.
- Jive web. Helps a lot to set extensions in places that we don't have phones. Perfect for warehouses or deposits.
- Jive phone app. It helps me keep connected with all my team with no need to be at the office. They can contact me everywhere at any time.
- Phone presence. I don't like the idea of using 2 lines to have the "presence" mode active, I wish I could check what my workers are doing and why they're not answering some calls.
- Customizable ring groups. Not all ring groups should ring in the same way. We should have an option like adding 1 extension at a time but keep ringing on the last one. Random ringing, etc.
- Your phone book is able to be seen by everyone that has access.
- You can easily switch your assigned phone numbers around.
- If you don't save your assigned numbers online it will erase them from the base phone.
- Very easy to set up and get started, no outages.
- Unlimited ability to direct call traffic from multiple incoming numbers, user-friendly site.
- Features are confusing and cumbersome, and support can be painfully bad at times.
- Might be a tad pricey (but worth it).
- Auto-attendant has an easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface that makes it easy to route calls exactly how we want to.
- The price includes all the features (except the Call Center), so we can fully use the system without having to worry about upgrading.
- Pay by the, user rather than by extension, so we can add additional extensions to deal with things like holiday messages and leave everything set up in the system without paying extra for the unused extensions.
- Dial plans allow us to "ping" an external URL, so we can connect Jive to our existing CRM software and pull up customer information automatically based upon phone number.
- The SMS interface needs improvement, especially as it is IMPOSSIBLE to figure out which of our numbers the text was sent to/from.
- The distinction between "hardware" and "devices" in the PBX Control Panel is confusing and, in my opinion, should be merged.
- As we continue to add more phones, users and lines, managing all of them is becoming more difficult. I would like to see a "make multiple changes" or "Apply to all" button so that I don't have to repetitively make changes.
- I would like to see the auto-attendant gain features such as "please enter your phone number to receive a call back" or "enter your customer number to get information about your current order" (i.e. Jive sends the user input to an API, and the API returns the text for the auto-attendant to say). Currently, the PBX can interface with an API, it just cannot send user-inputted variables.
- I'd like to see the mobile app improve to make it easier to transfer calls to other extensions as well as manage multiple calls.
- Customer service is outstanding! They are always knowledgable, trustworthy, and make sure to take care of all of your needs; whether it's resending an invoice for records, trouble shooting an issue, or adding services, they make sure they listen, resolve, and think forward for their customers.
- Price is exceptional for the services we receive; there is no comparison to the price for other similar services and I can attest to that as we've attempted to use multiple companies and Jive is the only one that worked for us while saving us money!
- Technical Support- Some of us in the office are not very technical savvy. Any time there is an issue they make sure to get it resolved; and they don't make us feel less than for our lack of knowledge. It's nice to be treated with respect when you need help with something you don't understand. It's even better to be confident that you are speaking with an expert who will quickly and efficiently resolve the issue.
- PBX portal is a bit bulky; there are a lot of links but not always the most intuitive. That said, customer service is great about helping to navigate and change it if anything is needed.
- When I call they always ask me for the ticket number first. It would be good if they could ask if I have opened a ticket or need to open one. Conversations can be a bit lengthy trying to explain what I'm needing to do.
App is fantastic, we LOVE that we can answer the phone anytime and anyplace!
- Jive Customer Service is exceptional - you get to a knowledgeable representative quickly and they stay with you until the issue is resolved. If there is a reason for them to call you back, they actually do!
- Online Knowledge based support - if you have a question regarding how to do something, just google it! For example, "How do I set up a schedule in Jive"? And, presto, the link to the documentation pops up. They have helpful videos and, if you still can't figure out, live help is always available.
- RELIABILITY - Jive is up and at 'em 24/7, which is crucial in our service based business.
- Jive has exceedingly robust reporting - when we need to track calls, productivity, etc. - we can get it from our reporting.
- So far, I have not seen any lack in the Jive functionality, perhaps because our needs are fairly basic. One thing that would be nice is to be able to assign multiple people to get emails for voicemail from a single extension. That is, instead of just sending email to the extensions user or one email address, I would like to be able to have the ability to send to several.
If we were a much larger shop and had the need for our own technical staff AND were already wired for phones, there might be a scenario where long term there might be less expensive option than Jive Hosted VoIP. But this meets our needs perfectly!
- Multiple office connection
- Very Robust Auto attendant
- e-voicemail and e-fax
- We honestly haven't found too many issues - we have some slight connectivity issues, but that is due to poor internet service and not Jive.
- The Jive dial plans for incoming calls. This allows extreme flexibility. I used to program digital PBX systems and only dreamed of the flexibility offered by the Jive drag and drop dial plans.
- All features are easily accessible in the admin web portal, and there is no additional cost for most features that other providers charge for, such as call queues and conference rooms.
- SMS messages - This still needs some work, but in this age, many people assume they can text you back at whatever number you called from, not realizing you may have called from the office phone. Now when I get a text mistakenly sent to my office number I can still respond.
- Keep working on developing SMS capability.
- Keep working on the Jive mobile app. It has improved greatly over the years but still needs improvement.
- Need different or flexible ring tones.
- Get all the admin portals standardized. It's still a bit confusing.
- Add better admin restrictions. There are many situations where someone may need certain admin capability but not others. To have only super admin and admin is not good enough.
- Everyone with admin capability can activate call monitoring and listen in on others' calls which makes this a less secure platform. I cannot recommend Jive for customers with serious privacy needs. They need to have a way to limit certain destructive or dangerous features yet allow other admin type access.
- International calling, at least a year ago, was not very reliable. I hope that has improved.
- Businesses with multiple locations that need to talk with each other and connect calls amongst each other.
- Businesses where employees care about getting voicemail as email, calls transferred to cell phones, and web portal access. If the employees don't care or do not need an active "phone life" then it may not help them.
- Companies that want phone numbers in other areas or who want to keep their numbers when they move. Regular phone companies and cable companies are restricted from moving phone numbers to other central office areas. Once a number is ported into Jive VoIP, it has portability and can be sent to any location.
- Any company where most employees are constantly on the phone. It becomes very cost-effective.
- A company with just one or two phone lines and perhaps lots of extensions - and do not need any above features. Not cost-effective.
- A company that can't figure out how to transfer phone calls among extensions.
- Backend admin control panel is robust.
- Mobile and desktop apps are well designed and very useful, especially for remote staff. Available in Windows, OSX, iOS as well as Android platform.
- Great customer service and tech support.
- 2 years, '0' down time caused by Jive, always ISP's issues.
- Send your IT guy/girl home! You can do this yourself! Yes, it is that easy!
- Mobile app's features/GUI can be polished a bit. Ability to add quick dial buttons would be great.
- Virtual phone system
- GoToMeeting online meetings
- Business SMS
- Call control from my Plantronics headset. Can't even hang up the phone with it.
- I'd like the ability to make mobile phone calls without using data. Jive said it can't be done, but the RingCentral mobile app does that.
- SMS interface is not very intuitive.
- Call quality is high compared to other options
- Price for value of service
- Easy to use
- Connection when first loading page is slow.
- At times, after hanging up a call, Jive will auto-dial the same number.
- Would like it to have faster processing when using pages.
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is GoToConnect (formerly Jive)?
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Screenshots
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Video
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Integrations
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Competitors
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Pricing
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Sign up for a no-obligation month-to-month account, or sign a long-term contract for better deals on service pricing and hardware. GoToConnect provides all the features you need with unlimited use (where other companies charge extra for additional features or increased use). Customer & Technical support is available 24/7 to help you resolve any issue. A dedicated onboarding team will help you get your phone system set up for your needs.
GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|