GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Reviews

May 06, 2020
James E. Heyward | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Jive as our corporate phone system across the entire organization. Previously we tried different VOIP solutions to accommodate our completely remote staff, but none of those systems gave us the corporate options like extensions that we need.
  • Multi-platform.
  • Call transfers.
  • SMS/text is still in beta.
  • Continue to improve the mobile app.
Jive Hosted is excellent in a small business environment, where the staff is mobile or remote. Although the mobile application can still be improved, it is one of the more stable apps I have encountered. I don't think Jive would work well in a call center application.
The deployment was fine, we had some issues with our prior carriers that made the process a bit tedious. We used our IT company to implement the service and they were great with getting us started and providing ongoing support.
The platform is straightforward and easy to use, we have onboarded 3 staff with no problems thus far. We are also confident enough to utilize a virtual assistant to man the phones during busy stretches with Jive.
Read James E. Heyward's full review
March 17, 2020
Joseph Rumolo | TrustRadius Reviewer
The entire organization uses it, it addresses long distance issues.
  • Connectivity
  • Quality
  • Support communication
  • User interface could be better
  • Phone support could be wider, maybe?
  • Sometimes provisioning phones is painful, more of an industry issue.
If you are a medium-sized company looking to up your VoIP game, Jive is for you. If you are smaller, it may feel expensive.
Too green to go in too much depth.
The customer support has been simply phenomenal.
Read Joseph Rumolo's full review
January 28, 2020
Sam Kemp | TrustRadius Reviewer
Jive is being used across our entire company. Since we have multiple sites and remote users, having a cloud based phone system is critical for mobility.
  • Dial Plan - This is the best part of the system. Its easy and very powerful. Creating an IVR has never been that simple in any phone system.
  • Faxes - the system for faxes is simplistic but it's also at no additional cost and anyone can have a fax.
  • Mobile App - This is the worst part of the system. It barely answers phone calls, crashes, loses its registration and drops off call queues. I can't tell you how bad that app is.
Until they get their mobile app fixed I would not recommend any company use it for the purposes of mobility. However if you need a cheap, easy to manage phone system and enjoy traditional phones this is fantastic.
Implementation is easy, fast and technical team on their side knew exactly how to handle all situations we gave them.
It's a great phone system, just stick with the handsets and don't use the mobile app.
Read Sam Kemp's full review
January 21, 2020
Angela Gilliland | TrustRadius Reviewer
To answer calls from clients, vendors, and contractors. It allows us to direct calls to the correct department for faster responses, as well as to answer the calls when we are out of the office.
  • Mobile, so we can take it anywhere.
  • Able to accept and send a fax by email.
  • App could be better.
Our office was down for repairs and we were able to use our phones remotely without interrupting our business.
Because we never have to call and we do they have been able to help us.
Read Angela Gilliland's full review
February 05, 2020
Ellwood Howard | TrustRadius Reviewer
Jive Hosted VoIP is currently being used at Great Basin Tax and allows me to have professional PBX style customer experience for an affordable price. They gave me a two-line phone and cloud PBX, and I've used the cell phone app multiple times. I believe in a great customer experience. The PBX front end gives me a professional look, and the app allows me to answer calls on the go. Great!
  • Custom call routing
  • Cell phone app
  • Virtual fax
  • GoToMeeting video conferencing
  • When you dial a number in the Jive for Windows console Is like to have the option to transfer it to my desk phone.
  • Figuring out where to go to accomplish a task can be intimidating. It took me an hour to figure out where to go to override my phone schedule. The ability to override the office hours schedule on the fly when you're expecting a call off-hours would be best. A star or pound code would do it.
As a small business owner, it's great to have that big guys feel for my clients rather than an answering machine.
It took a while to come up to speed with all its features, but now that Jive Hosted VoIP is set up is wonderful.
It takes a little getting used to in the beginning, but it's worth it.
Read Ellwood Howard's full review
September 25, 2019
Michael Prodywus | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Jive as our main corporate phone system. Further, we utilized Jive partner Nice-Incontact to utilize a best in breed contact center for our customer service department. Our previous VoIP provider had many outages both at the data center and with the dedicated data lines, they were using to provide service. When we moved to Jive we utilized our primary and backup internet lines which have very few problems so we have fewer outages there. Also, Jive as a service very rarely has an outage and if there are they are brief. One unexpected benefit we have realized with Jive is that we are spending less time managing our phone system since changes are quick and easy in the web interface instead of multiple long calls as with the previous provider.
  • Management
  • Setup
  • Stability
  • Confusing branding. There is Jive and GotoConnect.
  • Old admin interface randomly shows up when navigating.
  • Faxes use a weird authentication code in the subject instead of whitelisting emails.
Jive can work in a very small business up to a very large corporation. Since it can partner with Nice-Incontact you can get a very robust contact center, but Jive also has a less robust one available directly from them that can work in most cases. If you are not comfortable managing your own phone system through a web interface you may want to look for a more highly managed phone system from another provider.
When we email or call Jive support we get a quick response and a quick resolution to our problem or request. We have not yet been disappointed by Jive's support whereas we were constantly disappointed by our previous company. You will find their support personnel knowledgeable, organized, and capable. Our previous provider usually took multiple calls and escalations for the simplest requests or problems to be resolved.
Read Michael Prodywus's full review
September 25, 2019
Jenni Current | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Jive VOIP which is integrated with our practice management software.
  • Great caller ID
  • Integration with our PM software.
  • It is a bit cumbersome when we are transferring calls to another line. Would like an option to choose another ring style for line transfers.
If you are a chart less dental office, this system melds perfectly with it.
When we have had questions or concerns, the techs and reps take care of them quickly and correctly.
Read Jenni Current's full review
January 28, 2020
All of our calls run through Jive. We have 25 handsets, and the beautiful thing about this system is that it works smoothly with deskphones, mobile app, and on laptops via soft phone. This system is extremely well thought-out, and great for people who only occasionally take calls to people who live on the phone. As part of our package, we had GoToMeeting as well, so people in our org who need video calls have that as well.
  • Device agnostic
  • Desk phone integration
  • The text messaging is weak. No multi-department functionality. No MMS. No other messaging channels, such as Messenger, live chat, or Twitter DM
  • No integrations with Omni-channel messengers, which means juggling multiple windows
Small businesses that need handsets will like this system. A lot of systems have to dogleg handsets into soft phones, where Jive supports handsets natively. Scalable and modular, so large organizations that primarily use soft phones will be right at home with Jive as well.
It was smooth. We were live and going in minutes.
There are advanced features (such as dial plan automation) that require some technical knowledge and possibly training, but it is extremely user friendly and self-explanatory.
January 21, 2020
We use desktop phones, soft phones, and the smartphone app. Jive Hosted VoIP allows our engineers to be more mobile and still answer help desk / client calls.
  • Mobility
  • Flexibility
  • The smartphone app is buggy sometimes.
  • It's VoIP so, there are issues with spotty internet.
Small to medium sized MSPs would benefit from the multiple platforms in which they can use the Jive Hosted VoIP service. I would not recommend it for mission critical services like security, law enforcement, or emergency services. I would think that would be a limitation of VoIP in general, not specific to this solution.
They seem very responsive and notify us for any planned outages. I have always gotten resolution from their support.
September 08, 2019
We made the switch to Jive from RingCentral as a cost-cutting measure. The company seemed to offer many of the same features as RingCentral for a better value. Once we made the switch, one of the first things I realized is that the feature to receive images via SMS was not a functionality supported by Jive but one that was very important within our organization as it was one of the primary ways we communicated with merchants. So, in that respect, it created one of the many new issues for our organization.
  • Customer support
  • Technical Support
  • The Jive app in the Apps Market is very poor quality.
  • Inability to sync messages between Jive app and GoToConnect
  • GoToConnect constantly disconnecting from the network. This wasn't an issue we had with RingCentral.
  • The inability of Jive to support images via SMS message. We've had to revert back to having merchants send images to our support inbox.
  • Text messages not successfully being sent.
  • Unresponsive/delayed response from dial pad within the GoToConnect application.
The ability to have video conferences is a great functionality offered through Jive. I would most definitely recommend it due to the quality of the audio and connection when utilizing this feature. The Jive app offered in the apps market isn't the best option if you are needing to take calls while on the go.
The support offered by Jive is exceptional. Every agent I have spoken with has been extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I can say, I never ended a call frustrated or hung up because of a language barrier or an inability of the agent to resolve the issue at hand with one phone call. I absolutely love the fact that they not only stay on the phone with you to resolve an issue (no matter how long it takes), they follow up via email to make sure the issue was fully resolved. I can say that you all definitely have RingCentral beat from a customer service standpoint.
I spend the majority of my day on the phone. The ability for users to be able to hear me is very important. It is reasonable to expect at a minimum that your customers are able to hear you and you don't have to hang up calls to either reach out on your personal cellular device or call them back via the GoToConnect app because it keeps disconnecting and freezing.
October 22, 2019
We have a Sales Team and we configured every single line on different dial-up plans, they work great and we've been able to organize the call flow in a better way based on what used. Recommended 100%.
  • Dial Plans. A HUGE amount of options to choose, very good options and you can do pretty much everything you want with the call flow and ring groups.
  • Jive web. Helps a lot to set extensions in places that we don't have phones. Perfect for warehouses or deposits.
  • Jive phone app. It helps me keep connected with all my team with no need to be at the office. They can contact me everywhere at any time.
  • Phone presence. I don't like the idea of using 2 lines to have the "presence" mode active, I wish I could check what my workers are doing and why they're not answering some calls.
  • Customizable ring groups. Not all ring groups should ring in the same way. We should have an option like adding 1 extension at a time but keep ringing on the last one. Random ringing, etc.
It's perfect for almost every company. I would like to say that this host is very good and it gives us all the features that we need. There's always room for improvement, but so far, so good.
Sometimes they seem like they don't know what I'm talking about, so they take excessive 10 -15 min to read or to get informed. But after that, solutions are pretty effective. Also, we've never had any "hard" issue.
I'm very satisfied with what you offer, I would, with no doubt, get this company on every phone platform that we will need.
January 29, 2020
It's our main phone service for our company.
  • Your phone book is able to be seen by everyone that has access.
  • You can easily switch your assigned phone numbers around.
  • If you don't save your assigned numbers online it will erase them from the base phone.
If you're running your own company it's good to have access to all your phone settings even if you're not in front of the phone base, so that you can switch your voicemail messages or forward your calls.
It's working great.
It has worked out great for us.
September 23, 2019
Jive was a breeze to set up. In the 6 months we've had Jive as our phone system, we haven't had any issues or outages. Much appreciated after having problems with previous providers using VOIP.
  • Very easy to set up and get started, no outages.
  • Unlimited ability to direct call traffic from multiple incoming numbers, user-friendly site.
  • Features are confusing and cumbersome, and support can be painfully bad at times.
  • Might be a tad pricey (but worth it).
Product is easy to use and has a very intuitive interface. Efficient in follow-ups, always a positive attitude.
Good sound quality, friendly support, and service.
September 07, 2019
We switched all of our business phone lines over to Jive. Jive manages multiple phone numbers and call queues (sales, support) for our business, which are routed to the appropriate department or easily transferred. The queues and auto-attendants have a great, easy-to-use interface, which means we can manage our phone system ourselves vs. having to call into support. Every time I have needed to call technical support, they have resolved our issues quickly. Our previous landline solution limited the number of calls and rings for incoming calls; with Jive, we can now accept a large volume of calls and automatically place customers on hold when we receive more calls than usual. Additionally, we can transfer calls between locations easily, as if the phones were in the same office! The only issue we have had is there was an outage about half a year ago that resulted in us not receiving incoming calls for a few hours. They did acknowledge this on their status page and worked quickly to resolve it.
  • Auto-attendant has an easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface that makes it easy to route calls exactly how we want to.
  • The price includes all the features (except the Call Center), so we can fully use the system without having to worry about upgrading.
  • Pay by the, user rather than by extension, so we can add additional extensions to deal with things like holiday messages and leave everything set up in the system without paying extra for the unused extensions.
  • Dial plans allow us to "ping" an external URL, so we can connect Jive to our existing CRM software and pull up customer information automatically based upon phone number.
  • The SMS interface needs improvement, especially as it is IMPOSSIBLE to figure out which of our numbers the text was sent to/from.
  • The distinction between "hardware" and "devices" in the PBX Control Panel is confusing and, in my opinion, should be merged.
  • As we continue to add more phones, users and lines, managing all of them is becoming more difficult. I would like to see a "make multiple changes" or "Apply to all" button so that I don't have to repetitively make changes.
  • I would like to see the auto-attendant gain features such as "please enter your phone number to receive a call back" or "enter your customer number to get information about your current order" (i.e. Jive sends the user input to an API, and the API returns the text for the auto-attendant to say). Currently, the PBX can interface with an API, it just cannot send user-inputted variables.
  • I'd like to see the mobile app improve to make it easier to transfer calls to other extensions as well as manage multiple calls.
For anyone who needs features such as auto-attendants or multiple lines/phone numbers, I think Jive is a really good choice. We went with Jive because they seemed to offer the best features for the price, and we have not been disappointed. The only scenarios where I would not recommend Jive would be if SMS is essential, as the implementation is in its' early stages and, in my opinion, is not ready for use on a large scale, or if the phone system is required to be able to provide more advanced information to the caller, i.e. "please enter your customer number and PIN to check your balance."
Support for Jive is mostly off-shore. That being said, the majority of the time I have found their support agents to be knowledgeable, helpful, and quick at resolving our problems. One thing I think they should improve is that, before talking to an agent, they always require a short description to generate a ticket number for follow-up. For bigger problems, this follow-up is appreciated, but for quick questions when it is not needed it becomes more cumbersome to simply ask the question and get a quick answer.
There are a few confusing aspects of the control panel, such as the difference between "hardware" and "devices", but overall it works quite well and is easy to use. In any UI, there is always room for improvement, and I think overall Jive has done quite a good job.
September 26, 2019
It is used by all of our employees. We are now in the 21st century when it comes to telephones, it is web-based so I can, for example, check office voicemail from the comfort of my cellphone.
  • Excellent customer service.
  • Great auto answering options that save money.
  • Great web interface to manage our Jive system.
  • They can always lower prices further.
It is well suited if your company uses telephones - as simple as that!
Easy to get a hold of someone within a few minutes and always very good at helping me.
Sarah Pratt | TrustRadius Reviewer
Everyone within our firm is using Jive VoIP. We never have to worry about dropped calls (unless the internet is down due to weather or such), we have seamless and easy integration with our phone systems, and our marketing team can even successfully track our calls. Cost is a huge factor for small businesses and the product and services received are not only affordable, but exceed our expectations. Using Jive gives us the ability to connect with our callers and clients at any time, day or night with the app. Being accessible to clients and potential clients sets us above the rest, and we could not do it without Jive.
  • Customer service is outstanding! They are always knowledgable, trustworthy, and make sure to take care of all of your needs; whether it's resending an invoice for records, trouble shooting an issue, or adding services, they make sure they listen, resolve, and think forward for their customers.
  • Price is exceptional for the services we receive; there is no comparison to the price for other similar services and I can attest to that as we've attempted to use multiple companies and Jive is the only one that worked for us while saving us money!
  • Technical Support- Some of us in the office are not very technical savvy. Any time there is an issue they make sure to get it resolved; and they don't make us feel less than for our lack of knowledge. It's nice to be treated with respect when you need help with something you don't understand. It's even better to be confident that you are speaking with an expert who will quickly and efficiently resolve the issue.
  • PBX portal is a bit bulky; there are a lot of links but not always the most intuitive. That said, customer service is great about helping to navigate and change it if anything is needed.
  • When I call they always ask me for the ticket number first. It would be good if they could ask if I have opened a ticket or need to open one. Conversations can be a bit lengthy trying to explain what I'm needing to do.
We have a third-party marketing team who tracks our calls, and records incoming calls based on the internet number the potential client is calling from - there have been zero issues with call quality or anything like that. It's fantastic that two separate companies can do what they need to do while still getting quality for an affordable price.

App is fantastic, we LOVE that we can answer the phone anytime and anyplace!
I'm not tech savvy AT ALL. Jive is. In the few instances I've needed support, they are there to help, ready and willing. I appreciate that the support team explains the processes, allows me to be a part of the resolution, and thinks forward by suggesting how to avoid the issue in the future (such as voicemail issues or changing the ring path for incoming calls).
Once the initial set up is complete there is almost no work or effort required. In a fast paced environment such as ours where we sell time (as we are an attorney office) none of us have the time, patience, or financial impact cost available to us to waste time. Jive lets us keep our focus on what we need to be doing, connect with our existing clients, and answer the phone any time day or night.
Read Sarah Pratt's full review
August 08, 2019
Deborah Shapiro | TrustRadius Reviewer
Jive Hosted VoIP is the telephone system in use here at C.A. Goldberg, PLLC. I have used many other phone systems but have found Jive to be the most user friendly and have a really awesome support staff. Instead of having to have technical support in house, we can easily add or remove phones, have moved offices with no loss of phone connectivity, have implemented the 'Follow Me' functionality for key employees, set up new equipment for conference calling, SO easily designed and developed an auto attendant process with the help of Jive support personnel - all with having little to know real phone technical expertise.
  • Jive Customer Service is exceptional - you get to a knowledgeable representative quickly and they stay with you until the issue is resolved. If there is a reason for them to call you back, they actually do!
  • Online Knowledge based support - if you have a question regarding how to do something, just google it! For example, "How do I set up a schedule in Jive"? And, presto, the link to the documentation pops up. They have helpful videos and, if you still can't figure out, live help is always available.
  • RELIABILITY - Jive is up and at 'em 24/7, which is crucial in our service based business.
  • Jive has exceedingly robust reporting - when we need to track calls, productivity, etc. - we can get it from our reporting.
  • So far, I have not seen any lack in the Jive functionality, perhaps because our needs are fairly basic. One thing that would be nice is to be able to assign multiple people to get emails for voicemail from a single extension. That is, instead of just sending email to the extensions user or one email address, I would like to be able to have the ability to send to several.
Jive Hosted VoIP has been extremely well suited for our office as it is an extremely cost effective way for us to implement an extremely robust system. Even when we had remote personnel working, we were able to just ship them a phone, have them plug in, and it was as if they were just sitting in the office next door. Again, Jive makes management of the phone system so very easy.

If we were a much larger shop and had the need for our own technical staff AND were already wired for phones, there might be a scenario where long term there might be less expensive option than Jive Hosted VoIP. But this meets our needs perfectly!
Jive has been great in not only allowing us to move offices without any downtime, but to also easily set up remote offices and keep the costs extremely low. It has great features and functionality, and we would not look anywhere else for this kind of product.
We LOVE Jive support. Not only does it have great online documentation, but the staff at the call center are terrific. They are extremely knowledgeable and will stay with you until your problem is resolved. AND, even after the problem is resolved, the customer service department follows up to see if everything is okay and makes sure that the problem STAYS resolved.
Read Deborah Shapiro's full review
David Carter | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Jive for our phone system. We have had no issues or problems with it. The feature I most like is that you can receive voice messages that are left by callers to the office by checking email no matter where in the world you are at the moment (as long as you have email access of course). You always know right away when someone has left a voicemail. This means that I can respond right away if need be. The system is set up so that callers can directly reach anyone in the office at their own personal extension and the administrative functions (billing and deleting messages, etc.) are very easy to do. The support staff has always been responsive and helpful whenever we have had any questions (as noted, we have had no negative issues at all in the 1-year or so that we have had the service). Our firm is very pleased.
  • As noted, their customer support is very responsive and helpful. Very nice and friendly people.
  • Nothing to add negatively as we have no complaints and have had no problems with the service.
If I am on vacation I can always keep track of phone calls so there is never an overload of messages to return once back in the office.
The support staff has always been quick to respond to questions and easy to access. Very friendly and knowledgeable.
Very easy to use even for non-technological people like me.
Read David Carter's full review
S David Green | TrustRadius Reviewer
We replaced our landline phone system with Jive. We have multiple physical locations and Jive has allowed us to be more connected, more productive and a seamless interface for our customers. Being able to transfer calls from office to office is so much cleaner than having to ask a client to hang up and call our other office's number. Also, allowing us to have an auto attendant, voicemail per user, e-faxes are all huge benefits for a very reasonable monthly price.
  • Multiple office connection
  • Very Robust Auto attendant
  • e-voicemail and e-fax
  • We honestly haven't found too many issues - we have some slight connectivity issues, but that is due to poor internet service and not Jive.
Well suited: multiple offices, need for auto attendant, a company that has a lot of calls and limited customer support staff.
Great setup and continual support
Very customizable and stable
Read S David Green's full review
September 03, 2019
Charles Patterson TSCM | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a very small business and have phones at 2 locations. I manage other Jive users for other companies as well. Some with multiple locations throughout the U.S. The most significant feature is being able to easily manage call flow for incoming calls. The Jive Dial Plans are phenomenal.
  • The Jive dial plans for incoming calls. This allows extreme flexibility. I used to program digital PBX systems and only dreamed of the flexibility offered by the Jive drag and drop dial plans.
  • All features are easily accessible in the admin web portal, and there is no additional cost for most features that other providers charge for, such as call queues and conference rooms.
  • SMS messages - This still needs some work, but in this age, many people assume they can text you back at whatever number you called from, not realizing you may have called from the office phone. Now when I get a text mistakenly sent to my office number I can still respond.
  • Keep working on developing SMS capability.
  • Keep working on the Jive mobile app. It has improved greatly over the years but still needs improvement.
  • Need different or flexible ring tones.
  • Get all the admin portals standardized. It's still a bit confusing.
  • Add better admin restrictions. There are many situations where someone may need certain admin capability but not others. To have only super admin and admin is not good enough.
  • Everyone with admin capability can activate call monitoring and listen in on others' calls which makes this a less secure platform. I cannot recommend Jive for customers with serious privacy needs. They need to have a way to limit certain destructive or dangerous features yet allow other admin type access.
  • International calling, at least a year ago, was not very reliable. I hope that has improved.
Well suited:
  • Businesses with multiple locations that need to talk with each other and connect calls amongst each other.
  • Businesses where employees care about getting voicemail as email, calls transferred to cell phones, and web portal access. If the employees don't care or do not need an active "phone life" then it may not help them.
  • Companies that want phone numbers in other areas or who want to keep their numbers when they move. Regular phone companies and cable companies are restricted from moving phone numbers to other central office areas. Once a number is ported into Jive VoIP, it has portability and can be sent to any location.
  • Any company where most employees are constantly on the phone. It becomes very cost-effective.

Less appropriate:
  • A company with just one or two phone lines and perhaps lots of extensions - and do not need any above features. Not cost-effective.
  • A company that can't figure out how to transfer phone calls among extensions.
I have to make extra effort to ensure users understand the features. Some get it easily, others take more effort.
Users who have called support say that the initial support is not very helpful, and they are always going over the basic troubleshooting. Once they get someone knowledgeable they are happy.
Read Charles Patterson TSCM's full review
August 16, 2019
Jerry Tambayong | TrustRadius Reviewer
We switched from a conventional copper line phone system by Verizon to Jive about 2 years ago. We were looking at several options and JIVE was the one we picked, and it was the correct one. We reduced about 40% of our monthly bill and we gain full control of the robust backend of the phone system. We can easily do custom messages, change around auto attendant settings, cloud voicemail system that is accessible anywhere, and many more features that our copper line system was not able to nearly provide. The mobile app is the cherry on top. Great knowledgeable customer service/tech supports staff. We have '0' unfixable issues.
  • Backend admin control panel is robust.
  • Mobile and desktop apps are well designed and very useful, especially for remote staff. Available in Windows, OSX, iOS as well as Android platform.
  • Great customer service and tech support.
  • 2 years, '0' down time caused by Jive, always ISP's issues.
  • Send your IT guy/girl home! You can do this yourself! Yes, it is that easy!
  • Mobile app's features/GUI can be polished a bit. Ability to add quick dial buttons would be great.
Perfect for companies located in the area with fast download and upload speed. We are at 70mbs up/down Frontier Vios and it has been working great!
There is nothing we miss about our old phone system. Jive has been great in all aspects.
Customer service, billings, tech supports, are always helpful and knowledgable.
Read Jerry Tambayong's full review
Jerry Hunsberger | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Jive for our company phone system.
  • Virtual phone system
  • GoToMeeting online meetings
  • Business SMS
  • Call control from my Plantronics headset. Can't even hang up the phone with it.
  • I'd like the ability to make mobile phone calls without using data. Jive said it can't be done, but the RingCentral mobile app does that.
  • SMS interface is not very intuitive.
Great for SMB virtual phone systems. Also, great for having multiple phone numbers in other geographic areas.
Excellent value. Some functions aren't as intuitive as other systems we've used.
Phone support has been outstanding, responsive and knowledgeable.
Read Jerry Hunsberger's full review
Kevin White | TrustRadius Reviewer
IT's our phone system. We also use the conference and cloud voicemail features.
  • Ease of set up
  • Competitive cost
  • Customer service: there is always someone readily available to assist when needed.
  • The administrative website is hard to figure out. "onjive.com"
Easy to use once set up. Easy to teach users how to use. Good value and many features for the cost. I find the remote, cloud voicemail more challenging to use than other systems as there is no app available.
It's easy for a user to use the phones, transfer calls, etc.
Every time I call with a challenge, I'm always given a solution.
Read Kevin White's full review
Jaime Kamps-Duac | TrustRadius Reviewer
Jive is used only in the Client Relations department for my company. We utilize it for contacting new clients.
  • Call quality is high compared to other options
  • Price for value of service
  • Connection when first loading page is slow.
  • At times, after hanging up a call, Jive will auto-dial the same number.
  • Would like it to have faster processing when using pages.
It's well suited for calling clients and having a strong connection when on the phone. Is a better quality than Google Voice, which is what we were previously using.
Overall, it's very user-friendly, as mentioned in previous reviews. I wish it loaded a bit faster and if I leave it open then it tends to have issues and I need to reopen the page.
I have yet to need their support system but I suppose that's a good thing!
Read Jaime Kamps-Duac's full review
Becky Bergene | TrustRadius Reviewer
Jive is a great addition to our office systems. Customer service is fantastic. Calls are clear and setup and customer portal are easy to use. LOVE this company! Jive goes above and beyond to help integrate their services with your office. E-FAX and phones are great!
  • Excellent customer service
  • Clear call quality
  • Great customer portal
  • More training on the mobile application.
Jive works great for our dental office. Great call quality and service.
Easy for those non-tech people to setup and use!
Always following up and making sure things work as needed!
Read Becky Bergene's full review

Hosted PBX (47)
Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) (36)
User templates (38)
6.0
Call reports (46)
6.1
Directory of employee names (48)
Answering rules (50)
Instant messaging (4)
4.5
Mobile app for iOS (36)
5.0
Mobile app for Android (32)
5.3

What is GoToConnect (formerly Jive)?

GoToConnect provides cloud-based phone systems and Unified Communications services (Voice, Video, and Contact Center). As part of the GoTo product family, GoToConnect combines Jive's VoIP phone systems with GoToMeeting's web, audio and video conferencing into one simple platform. Users can meet, talk, chat, text and collaborate seamlessly via web browser, desktop application, or desk phone. GoToConnect’s cloud delivery model enables organization to have the latest technology, features, and applications— with the goal of making GoToConnect the last phone system you’ll ever need.

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Screenshots

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Video

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Integrations

Salesforce, Google, Zoho, Redtail, Apple ios & Android, Microsoft

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Competitors

RingCentral, Nextiva Business Phone Service, 8x8 X Series (Formerly Virtual Office)

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Pricing

• Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
All-Inclusive$19.95/monthper user

Sign up for a no-obligation month-to-month account, or sign a long-term contract for better deals on service pricing and hardware. GoToConnect provides all the features you need with unlimited use (where other companies charge extra for additional features or increased use). Customer & Technical support is available 24/7 to help you resolve any issue. A dedicated onboarding team will help you get your phone system set up for your needs.

GoToConnect (formerly Jive) Technical Details