With Foundant GLM, users can create, launch and receive online applications and grant reports, manage online proposal reviews, and manage grants and information from a single, integrated solution from anywhere they have internet access.Still having fun and, GLM, you're still the oneI am the Executive Director of the Luther I. Replogle Foundation. I am the only employee of the Foundation, I work part-time, and I report to a Board of six Directors. The Foundation has an endowment of $11.7 million and we distribute about $500,000 in grants to non-profits. The Foundation follows several guidelines to make decisions as to how to allocate the grants. We use Grant Lifecycle Manager (GLM) for ALL of the grant management. I am the primary user of the licensed software, however, my Board members use it periodically to rate the grant requests before their Board Meetings. One significant problem that is addresses is that grant requests can be tracked, and paperwork and recordkeeping does not get stalled on my desk in hard copy. Requests enter the system through the Foundation's website on GLM, I review the Letters of Inquiry and Applications on line, I respond to all the LOIs and Applications on line (through email set up through GLM), I can see all the records of past grants, including historic grants pre-dating 2010 when we started using GLM. I do almost all the work of the Replogle Foundation using GLM.,Grant requests arrive at the Foundation only through the web. We do not accept hard copy Letters of Inquiry or Applications. This means nothing gets lost! And I can do the reviews at my office or at home. Previous to GLM, it was difficult to log and to track the grant requests because we get a lot BUT I have limited amount of time manage them. There are several software packages out there that now do this function, but Foundant was one of the first and continues to be the best at it. They have a continuous development process and respond to customer comments and requests regularly and frequently. GLM allows the Foundation to keep historical grant records in the cloud, with two benefits. (1) We have been able to eliminate hard copy records. The only hard copy records we keep at this point are the Foundation's Board Meeting minutes and the 990-PF Tax Returns. (2) It is easy to search and recover information regarding grants or requests that took place 5 years in the past or 8 years in the past. This ability has proven itself useful several times. The GLM user community is diverse and very helpful. As a solo employee, I find that the GLM user community is an extraordinary resource of knowledge and savvy. I hardly ever have to "re-invent the wheel," because someone else has more than likely had to deal with the same issue. And if not, the community is able to rally with suggestions. Foundant Technologies, the owner and manager of GLM, is a responsive company with a depth of knowledge and experience in the database field and the philanthropy field. A significant reason of why I think that GLM is the best software for my purposes is that the support provided by the company seems to be endless and extraordinarily smart. I have not had a bad or even mediocre experience with Foundant or with GLM. When I don't know something and I get frustrated, I have a name and number to call who is immediately available to help (on the same day).,GLM has gone beyond the bounds of what I need. The company is still adding functionality for other users whose organizational needs differ slightly or enormously from mine. I hear about these new additions because I receive an email newsletter regularly with updates on new functions and uses. Sometimes I discover that there is a functionality that I didn't think about until Foundant Technologies mentioned it - and then I have a ah-ha! moment. That's fun!,10,Grant Lifecycle Manager has only a positive impact on our overall business objectives. This software package is all we use to manage grants. I work part-time, and this software allows me to get ALL the necessary work done to manage the work of the Foundation. The software has become so efficient in the last couple of years, that I now have time to do special projects as requested by the Board of Directors. I have conducted a survey of our grantees about the issues of capacity building within their own organizations and on the question of professional development. I have led workshops for our grantees on how to use GuideStar, a non-profit database that provides data on organizations all across the nation. The GLM software allows me to prepare for the twice-yearly Board Meetings with a minimum of stress and no confusion.,Blackbaud Grantmaking (formerly GIFTS Online),QuickBooks PremierSay Yes to Foundant - You Won't Regret it!We currently utilize Foundant GLM to manage all of our grantmaking across the foundation. We are a small staff of 5 so I am the only staff who utilizes GLM for grants however we also have GLM for scholarships that is used by our scholarship/program officer. GLM has simplified and streamlined our grantmaking process across the board. We were looking for a solution to address the mounds of wasted paper we used along with helping both our grantees and reviewers with a more efficient and user-friendly process - Foundant GLM provided that solution.,Single Point of Entry for Grantees looking for grant opportunities Multiple Users allowed to use the system History, Tracking and Reporting Tools Cloud Based Storage Support from GLM,Allowing duplicate email addresses for both grantee and reviewers Grants for Individuals - allowing us to manipulate the create profile template so it's not just based on nonprofits.,10,Less time and labor working on grant cycles Ability to focus on what's important in grantmaking Reporting is amazing - really helps our organization think strategically about our impact,Foundant Grant Lifecycle Manager works for us!We primarily use Foundant to track and manage our external organizational granting with the Grants department. We have used it a bit more widely across the organization for other projects: internal grants and collecting/organizing nominations for awards/recognition lists,Customer Service: Foundant is always super helpful and speedy in their responses to my questions, whether it's an email or call. Connections to other users: There's a great online community that's willing to share what works for their organizations. Company Response/Development: Foundant is continually updating (where it needs to) to make their product the best it can be, and is willing (and does) take comments and suggestions from clients for how the software could be improved. Training: A variety of training options- ranging from in person conferences to web-based tutorials. Very helpful, and updated as the product is.,I'd love to have the option to have multiple evaluations at an LOI stage, but this is a very nit picky detail. The software is great, and does what we need it to.,10,It absolutely has brought our grant making into the 21st century. Previously we only took grant applications via paper forms- having a system where we can have applicants submit online, and reviewers from all over the country review the applications online, saves us so much time.,Grateful we made the switch to Grants Lifecycle ManagementIt's being used across our entire organization as the platform for our grant-making needs. Phases are encompassed in the GLM are: Letters of Interest/Application/Feedback and Evaluation/Selection/Electronic Agreement/Progress Monitoring/Payment/Correspondence. It helps to keep us organized by creating a single spot for our applicant/grantee application/grant agreement interactions.,I like the features that allow me to look at and provide input to applicants and grantees as they fill out applications and reports while they in progress. This is beneficial to both of us and helps us to build a good working rapport. I like being able to review applications in the side-by-side with the my score sheet. It makes my reviews more efficient when I can look at the application while I'm writing my notes. No more printing things off. I can do it all online. I like that there are multiple ways to find the grant information that I'm looking for within the system. The dashboard is easy to use and intuitive. I can usually find what I need fast.,I don't think about what's lacking. This is much better than our previous grants management software. The landing page could have a snappier design. I wish our grantees could see more than one follow-up for a process at a time. Sometimes there needs to be a project mod submitted while that is an active renewal going on.,10,It's helped us gain efficiencies. We've stabilized the cost of our data management. The pricing structure provides better value than competitors that seemed to nickel and dime us.,HiveFlux, Blackbaud Grantmaking (formerly GIFTS Online) and LiquidFrameWorksWe love Grant Lifecycle ManagerIt is being used for our scholarship program. I create the scholarship applications online and students apply through the portal. Reviewers then also review the applications through the Grant Lifecycle Manager and we use it to merge the winners to another Foundant product - Csuite.,Easy to review applications Easy merge for winners Organizes applications well,Slow product when many applications open Students need to reupload several documents,10,Less of my time spent reviewing and organizing applications Easy accessibility for reviewers/applicants frees up more time
Grant Lifecycle Manager

Grant Lifecycle Manager Reviews

Grant Lifecycle Manager
Filter 16 vetted Grant Lifecycle Manager reviews and ratings
Gwenn Gebhard profile photo
July 29, 2018

Grant Lifecycle Manager Review: "Still having fun and, GLM, you're still the one"

• Grant requests arrive at the Foundation only through the web. We do not accept hard copy Letters of Inquiry or Applications. This means nothing gets lost! And I can do the reviews at my office or at home. Previous to GLM, it was difficult to log and to track the grant requests because we get a lot BUT I have limited amount of time manage them. There are several software packages out there that now do this function, but Foundant was one of the first and continues to be the best at it. They have a continuous development process and respond to customer comments and requests regularly and frequently.
  • GLM allows the Foundation to keep historical grant records in the cloud, with two benefits. (1) We have been able to eliminate hard copy records. The only hard copy records we keep at this point are the Foundation's Board Meeting minutes and the 990-PF Tax Returns. (2) It is easy to search and recover information regarding grants or requests that took place 5 years in the past or 8 years in the past. This ability has proven itself useful several times.
  • The GLM user community is diverse and very helpful. As a solo employee, I find that the GLM user community is an extraordinary resource of knowledge and savvy. I hardly ever have to "re-invent the wheel," because someone else has more than likely had to deal with the same issue. And if not, the community is able to rally with suggestions.
  • Foundant Technologies, the owner and manager of GLM, is a responsive company with a depth of knowledge and experience in the database field and the philanthropy field. A significant reason of why I think that GLM is the best software for my purposes is that the support provided by the company seems to be endless and extraordinarily smart.
  • I have not had a bad or even mediocre experience with Foundant or with GLM. When I don't know something and I get frustrated, I have a name and number to call who is immediately available to help (on the same day).
  • GLM has gone beyond the bounds of what I need. The company is still adding functionality for other users whose organizational needs differ slightly or enormously from mine. I hear about these new additions because I receive an email newsletter regularly with updates on new functions and uses. Sometimes I discover that there is a functionality that I didn't think about until Foundant Technologies mentioned it - and then I have a ah-ha! moment. That's fun!
From where I stand, GLM is well-suited for use by small-staffed charitable foundations who make more than thirty (30) grants a year and distribute more than $500,000 in funds to non-profits. The software is able to handle every step in the grant-making process from receipt of a request, to the evaluation and decision regarding the grant, to tracking the pay-out, and to closing the grant when the work or the year is completed.
Read Gwenn Gebhard's full review
Sara Palmer profile photo
October 16, 2018

Grant Lifecycle Manager Review: "Say Yes to Foundant - You Won't Regret it!"

• Single Point of Entry for Grantees looking for grant opportunities
  • Multiple Users allowed to use the system
  • History, Tracking and Reporting Tools
  • Cloud Based Storage
  • Support from GLM
  • Allowing duplicate email addresses for both grantee and reviewers
  • Grants for Individuals - allowing us to manipulate the create profile template so it's not just based on nonprofits.
GLM is well suited for community foundations of any size - especially when you have one program officer managing multiple grant cycles.
Read Sara Palmer's full review
Diana Maxwell profile photo
October 16, 2018

Review: "Foundant Grant Lifecycle Manager works for us!"

• Customer Service: Foundant is always super helpful and speedy in their responses to my questions, whether it's an email or call.
  • Connections to other users: There's a great online community that's willing to share what works for their organizations.
  • Company Response/Development: Foundant is continually updating (where it needs to) to make their product the best it can be, and is willing (and does) take comments and suggestions from clients for how the software could be improved.
  • Training: A variety of training options- ranging from in person conferences to web-based tutorials. Very helpful, and updated as the product is.
  • I'd love to have the option to have multiple evaluations at an LOI stage, but this is a very nit picky detail. The software is great, and does what we need it to.
I have recommended GLM to colleagues and would do it again. It provides all of the features you need to manage a grants program, and incredible customer service. We're not a typical foundation, and the program works for our management, but I've seen it also work great for foundations large and small, that give standard grants or scholarships. We've used it in different ways to gather materials too, and it's worked for that as well.
Read Diana Maxwell's full review
Charles Dwyer profile photo
October 16, 2018

Grant Lifecycle Manager: "Grateful we made the switch to Grants Lifecycle Management"

• I like the features that allow me to look at and provide input to applicants and grantees as they fill out applications and reports while they in progress. This is beneficial to both of us and helps us to build a good working rapport.
  • I like being able to review applications in the side-by-side with the my score sheet. It makes my reviews more efficient when I can look at the application while I'm writing my notes. No more printing things off. I can do it all online.
  • I like that there are multiple ways to find the grant information that I'm looking for within the system. The dashboard is easy to use and intuitive. I can usually find what I need fast.
  • I don't think about what's lacking. This is much better than our previous grants management software.
  • The landing page could have a snappier design.
  • I wish our grantees could see more than one follow-up for a process at a time. Sometimes there needs to be a project mod submitted while that is an active renewal going on.
It's well suited for a philanthropy that has multiple roles within the organization that need access to a system that is easy to understand.
Read Charles Dwyer's full review
Caitlin McConville profile photo
October 18, 2018

User Review: "We love Grant Lifecycle Manager"

• Easy to review applications
  • Easy merge for winners
  • Organizes applications well
  • Slow product when many applications open
  • Students need to reupload several documents
Great for grantmakers and grantseekers, easy to use for applications for scholarships and grants
Read Caitlin McConville's full review
Mary Giraulo profile photo
April 17, 2017

Grant Lifecycle Manager Review: "Makes Life Easier for Grants Managers!"

The grants department at United Arts of Central Florida uses Foundant's Grant Lifecycle Manager to manage multiple grant programs funding arts and cultural activities in a four-county region. We are able to design our own grant forms, accept applications, collect contracts and reports, and track payments.
  • Foundant provides a streamlined grants management solution for reasonable cost.
  • The company listens to its users, collecting ideas and making improvements. Updates to the software are rolled out several times a year. When something cannot be changed right away, the company gives context and forecasts when the change might be possible.
  • While the software is easy to use, it also offers more advanced features (such as merge templates) that allow more customization for the advanced user.
  • While tech support is responsive, sending timely emails and updates, I sometimes feel as if a needed item is going to be dropped because they can't figure it out. On the plus side, they always send an electronic survey afterwards, and if you have an issue they will call you personally to resolve it.
  • The external evaluator feature is a great idea, but doesn't work well for me as I prefer to only give my reviewers access to very targeted pieces of the application. I have worked around this by using merge templates, and sending PDFs to my reviewers.
  • I have supported a number of possible improvements (and suggested some of my own) on the user message board. Many of these have already been implemented, but many remain. It's a common problem with software that it takes so much more time to fix something than to suggest something. But on the whole, I have been pleased with the rate of improvements.
The software has served our needs well for the past four years, and with the continuous improvements that keep rolling out, I can't see us moving to another type of grants management software in the future.
Read Mary Giraulo's full review
Sally Weldon profile photo
December 23, 2015

"Sally Weldon's review of Grant Lifecycle Manager"

The programs department at the foundation uses Grant Lifecycle Manager to accept all applications, evaluations and award/deny processing for the 11 grant programs and 50 scholarship programs. We needed a greener office. Our grants and scholarship processes that were at one time heavily dependent on reams of paper, are now virtually paperless. We had a cumbersome workflow. Now administrators of the system effortlessly accept applications and assign evaluators from the same system.
  • Across Platforms: Access for administrators, applicants and evaluators across all platforms and devices.
  • System updates: Thoughtful upgrades that are implemented without effecting any user's experience.
  • Design - Users find the system simple to navigate
  • Need a smother process for third party responses. Currently individuals recommending more than one student for scholarships have many emails to deal with to find the correct link to upload the correct student's letter.
  • Questions that would filter which applications the applicant would apply for.

Cost of the product is primarily subscription based, which is better for being able to budget for. Add a new administrator user? No extra cost.

It is web based, and accessible to grant applicants, students, counselors and committee members.The vendor provides competent support and implementation specialists. Data is able to be uploaded to the enterprise system to create checks for the awardees.

Read Sally Weldon's full review
Susan Haley profile photo
January 08, 2016

Review: "Grant Lifecycle Manager is a Grant Life Saver"

The family foundation I work for uses Foundant's Grant Lifecycle Manager product for all aspects of their grantmaking - letters of inquiry, grant applications, grant reports, tracking payments of grants, evaluation of grant applications, as well as producing customized reports. Our entire organization uses it - staff, executive directors, grantees and our board of directors. We have been told by many grantees that this is the best online software they use - is it easy to access, understand and you can save your work as you go, rather than having to submit something in one sitting.
  • With GLM we are able to customize our application exactly as we want it to be. This ensures that we receive the precise information we want and need in order to make the best decisions for the community.
  • I also particularly like that we can automatically send reminders to grantees when reports are due, confirmations that applications and LOIs have been received and instant notifications to me that things have been submitted.
  • With GLM the process to scan and upload documents is seamless. Our auditors like to see signed grant contracts and board minutes confirming the terms of a grant. We upload these and it serves as our virtual filing cabinet - we are striving to go paperless and GLM has greatly assisted in the endeavor.
  • It is exceptionally difficult for me to be critical of GLM. If there was one place, it might be in the customized reports. Frankly, I don't really think it is GLM's fault - I think the fault lies with me. My brain doesn't tend to think as analytically as is necessary to craft a report that gives me the information I am seeking in a concise form. Fortunately, the customer service at Foundant is always ready to assist me to make the best report that I can. Once the report is written we save it and I can continue to run it on a regular basis.
Grant Lifecycle Manager (GLM) is very well suited for the small staffed foundation. I have highly recommended it in the past and will continue to do so. Their customer service is flawless and the product is excellent. It has reduced my paper and simplified my work flow. I cannot think of a family foundation or small staffed foundation that it wouldn't work well for.
Read Susan Haley's full review
Laura Kurzrok profile photo
December 11, 2015

Grant Lifecycle Manager Review: "GLM is the best partner in the industry"

I oversee the charitable arm of Eastern Bank. We use GLM for online processing of all community support. Included is a variety of grant programs as well as Bank sponsored events.
  • Highly Configurable
  • Creating applications is easy
  • We can make changes to our process without waiting in a queue for the vendor to make the changes
  • Reporting has improved dramatically. This was their biggest weakness, but it is now acceptable.
  • Mail merge is great but to date there is no email merge.
I think the product is usable for most organizations regardless of size and volume.
Read Laura Kurzrok's full review
Dave Koser profile photo
July 20, 2015

Review: "I Found(ant) our solution with Grant Lifecycle Manager"

We are using it for the grant applications we receive. We involve community volunteers who review and score the applications. The software is used internally among three program staff members. We plan to use the system for all of our grantee reporting.
  • Continuous saving - so far, no data has been entered and lost.
  • User friendly- very intuitive to use, even for a beginner.
  • Simplifies the task of reviewing a grant application.
  • I would like to see enhanced ability for email merging to do customized mass emails.
From what I can gather, the volume of applications is irrelevant. The Grant Lifecycle Manager can handle a large number or a small number very well. Perhaps the biggest downside is that the Grant Lifecycle Manager does not integrate into other financial databases, so it is necessary to enter grants a second time if another financial database is used. However, I think the benefits of using the Grant Lifecycle Manager far outweigh and drawbacks.
Read Dave Koser's full review
Erin Baird profile photo
July 14, 2015

Grant Lifecycle Manager Review: "Great product!"

We use Grant Lifecycle Manager for as our primary grants management tool. Grant Lifecycle Manager streamlines the application and decision making process, outcome reporting, some accounting, and organizational reporting. The majority of our staff has some interface with the software.
  • Ease of use. Easy for staff to create and edit applications and related forms.
  • Robust reporting tool for creating organizational reports.
  • Dashboard page to quickly scan application status.
  • Able to use electronic grant agreements.
  • Automatic email reminders for things like reports due, application submitted, etc.
  • Contact management - only one user able to edit application at a time.
  • Reporting - requires several filtering steps to get desired data.
For the cost and capacity, I think this is the best product on the market. Foundations that require a lot of customization and still utilize a lot of paper documents, might want a different product.
Read Erin Baird's full review
Jay McCall profile photo
July 10, 2015

Review: "Highly Recommend Grant Lifecycle Manager from Foundant"

We have used the Grant Lifecycle Manager for over two years now, and have found the technology to be extremely intuitive and user friendly. It has helped us organize our grantmaking process, from streamlining LOIs, and reviewing and organizing grant proposals, to recording and tracking outcomes. Being able to sort, manipulate, and export data has also made it easy to share information with our team in real-time. Most importantly, the Foundant team is always highly responsive and great to work with. We would highly recommend Foundant and their Grant Lifecycle Manager technology to anyone in the philanthropic space who seeks an effective tool for elevating their grantmaking process.
  • Organize information
  • Streamline process
  • Share data
  • N/A
In our experience, Grant Lifecycle Manager is well-suited for the philanthropy industry.
Read Jay McCall's full review

Grant Lifecycle Manager Competitors

MicroEdge, WizeHive, Smart Simple, Good Done Great, Cyber Grants

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Grant Lifecycle Manager (GLM)Per Organization, Per Every 2 Years

Foundant Connect is an optional, add-on product linking data from GuideStar, Foundation Center, and GreatNonprofits into Foundant GLM„the organizations leading the industry in the data revolution. Connect allows users to quickly access and share data to make the grantmaking process easier and more efficient for everyone involved.

Grant Lifecycle Manager Customer Size Distribution