Grasshopper Reviews

April 08, 2021
Diane Helbig | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Grasshopper is being used throughout the organization. I use it to provide a professional phone number as well as identify why someone is calling based on the extension they select.
Read Diane Helbig's full review
April 07, 2021
Scott Banks | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

The whole organization utilizes Grasshopper, and it allows us to use our cellphones with a professional look to the business without revealing our personal numbers to the public. Grasshopper gives the appearance of a much larger organization and allows for visitors to get answers to questions easily without having to talk in person for dates and times.
Read Scott Banks's full review
November 06, 2019
Sal Lettieri | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Grasshopper is being used to handle all calls to our business and sort them according to the customers' needs. We can route the calls to the appropriate people to help our customers better. We can screen the calls coming in, and if the request is not urgent, we have a professional answering service that can take the call and give us a transcript of the caller's message so we can get back to them quickly.
Read Sal Lettieri's full review
October 22, 2019
Kema Charles | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We have been using Grasshopper for about 3 years now. It works for us when we are on the go and not in the office when we don’t have access to a phone at a desk. Since most of the time we are out of the office anyway those are the times this works for us.
Read Kema Charles's full review
David Renberg | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Used for the entire organization, it addresses the problem of many remote workers who are still expected to have an office number. This way we also do not have to have a LAN line set up within the office space. it is perfect for our application where we need a store front, but also are not always there.
Read David Renberg's full review
Trisha Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are a virtual (online only) travel agency, so each member of our team works remotely as we have no physical bricks & mortar location. We use Grasshopper because it provides us with many benefits, not the least of which is that it adds a professional voice and image to the handling of our business calls, along with allowing us to route them appropriately during our business hours, and provide a voicemail backup system when we are closed.
Read Trisha Miller's full review
Valentine Silva | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are out on the field constantly so we had to find a way to bring our office to us. Grasshopper did that for us, and it also allowed us to close out our phones so we could enjoy our personal time with our families. The extension features make our customers feel like they can reach the desired person a lot easier than before. Overall it allowed us to eliminate our landline and modernize our phone system to facilitate our needs.
Read Valentine Silva's full review
Sam Bean | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Grasshopper to maintain consistency in contact information over time so that past customers have contact information that does not expire. I also use it to maintain direct contact between staff and customers no matter where a staff member may be or what time it is, they can be contacted immediately if required.
Read Sam Bean's full review
steven rudd | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Grasshopper has created a freedom otherwise not available in small business that helps manage our day to day operations efficiently.
Read steven rudd's full review
John La Belle | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Grasshopper as the main telephone service at my main desk for clients to contact. It is inexpensive compared to business landline services, I can take it with me since it forwards to my mobile phone, and using a virtual operator to direct calls has virtually eliminated the huge number of telemarketers and scammers that used to call the business, wasting my time.
Read John La Belle's full review
Jacqueline Grant | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Grasshopper on a daily basis as my business phone number to field calls and have a designated 800 number. The 800-number allows me to have a consistent identity so that if I relocate my office space I can take the number with me. It has been a great timesaver and corporate identity piece. I would recommend it for new business owners as well as seasoned businesses.
Read Jacqueline Grant's full review
Naketa Thigpen | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Grasshopper is used across our entire organization. Using grasshopper helps us keep the business divisions organized with call flows to our partners that manage specific extensions. This makes things easier for both team members and our customers by getting them to where they need to be faster!
Read Naketa Thigpen's full review
September 26, 2019
James OToole | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use it for all calls to the business. Forwarding options, message options, call blocking and fax. In addition, I find it useful for looking up callers who hang up. All caller numbers are recorded to toll-free numbers, even blocked ones. The new option that allows you to have a local number and be able to list it with any name and call with an iPhone app is invaluable.
Read James OToole's full review
September 25, 2019
Bryan McAnulty | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Grasshopper is an easy and affordable phone solution for our business. We've been using Grasshopper for over 9 years now. We use it with two numbers and multiple extensions that allow us to easily route calls to the appropriate place. Being a small team we don't want everyone constantly dealing with support over the phone. Grasshopper allows us to have personal extensions that will get our customers in touch with us directly when necessary, and have unknown calls go straight to voicemail so that they are not disturbing our team.
Read Bryan McAnulty's full review
EVAN RABINOWITZ | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

In additon to ease of use and competitive pricing, Grasshopper allows our highly mobile team to manage customer tracking and CRM with the integrated app making it incredibly beneficial to use in an industry with highly varied schedules.

Overall, Grasshopper offers an extensive set of integrated features for a very reasonable price, making it a definite win for small and small-medium businesses.
Read EVAN RABINOWITZ's full review
Dan Lea | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

As an independent contractor manager of a trade association, I need telephone service that will follow me everywhere and be constantly available to callers. Grasshopper fulfills that requirement perfectly. Calls to our local SW Ohio number and the North American toll-free number are routed flawlessly to my cell phone wherever I am located. I am able to conduct my client's business anywhere. In fact, yesterday morning I answered a call while in the shower!
Read Dan Lea's full review
Rene Agredano | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

The Tripawds Foundation hosts a toll-free 24-hour Helpline to assist and support pet parents facing amputation for their dogs and cats. Our distributed staff of volunteer Tripawds Helpline hosts use the Grasshopper app to field calls and provide emotional support while directing users to helpful resources and assistance programs. Grasshopper makes it easy to schedule time slots for the hosts, and add, remove edit these times whenever necessary due to host availability. The platform and app allow our Helpline Hosts to easily identify unanswered calls and return calls without exposing their personal phone number. Setting up the account, recording hold messages, and segmenting extensions for different needs was quick and intuitive.
Read Rene Agredano's full review
AJ Brock | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Grasshopper to screen which calls go to which department. It addresses the fact that we cannot always answer the phone, because we may be busy with another client. But the message center can get the information needed and we would be able to return any phone calls missed.
Read AJ Brock's full review
Guy Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Grasshopper as our primary phone number for our church. Rather than having a landline forwarding calls to our cells, we simply have Grasshopper forward the calls. This is wonderful because in church ministry we benefit from NOT being tied to our desks. Our staff can receive calls from anyplace on their cells without giving out their personal numbers. Also, we have 'church office' hours set so that outside the hours we have automatic voicemails/emails. In case of emergency calls, we have an option that rings to my personal phone.
Read Guy Smith's full review
September 11, 2019
Chris Donald | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our entire company used Grasshopper. Since many of our team members work remotely, Grasshopper makes it easy to set up extensions, forward calls, ring multiple numbers, and have custom VoiceMail and VM to Email. We have 2 Toll-free numbers and a few local numbers. Each employee can log in and customize their VM and OOO messages. Grasshopper is both feature-rich and affordable.
Read Chris Donald's full review
Kelly McGovern | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Grasshopper has been a very important tool for our sales team. Calls are seamless and so very convenient. The many features make this system very user-friendly and professional.
Read Kelly McGovern's full review
Jerry Lisman | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Grasshopper has been a lifesaver for several of our companies. During repeated power outages, we were immediately able to reroute calls to either working phone systems or cell phones. No orders lost!! Continue to add lines to our account.
Read Jerry Lisman's full review
McKenzie Hambsch | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Grasshopper has helped my company by letting my customers call me and leave voicemails when wanting to begin our service. It is professional and helps my company run smoothly.
Read McKenzie Hambsch's full review
Brian Kidd | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Grasshopper to provide contact with our customers regardless if we are at the office or not. Some folks work remotely and this is the easiest way to provide seamless phone communication.
Read Brian Kidd's full review

Hosted PBX (22)
9.6
Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) (24)
9.2
User templates (19)
Call reports (32)
9.4
Directory of employee names (33)
Answering rules (45)
Video screen sharing (3)
Instant messaging (8)
Mobile app for iOS (32)
9.4
Mobile app for Android (27)

What is Grasshopper?

Grasshopper is an IP telephony business communication solution that provides companies with a toll-free or local phone number. It has both desktop and mobile applications and includes features such as custom greeting recording, call forwarding, call transfer, call reporting, and voicemail.

Key Features