Hero, by Schoolmint
Hero, by Schoolmint
Hero is used to manage our school's PBIS, school culture, and discipline and accountability systems, as well as to track and examine data. …
We used Hero to reward good behavior in our Middle School on a school-wide basis. We had a set of positive behaviors that would earn …
Hero has made tracking basic behaviors like tardies and uniform violations super easy. The phone app, in particular, makes this process …
Hero is used through our entire school for multiple purposes. It is for tardy tracking, positive points, point banking and spending at our …
Hero is being used within our entire school. All of the teachers use Hero to track and positively manage and reinforce student behavior. …
We use Hero to track student behavior in our middle school.
Hero is used by my entire organization as a positive incentive for our students. Teachers create their own hero menu for their classrooms …
The teachers at Crystal Lake Middle use Hero to track positive student behavior at our school. Students receive incentives and rewards for …
Right now, Hero should be used across the entire school campus by at least all of our classroom teachers. We're struggling this year …
Hero is being used at my school as a positive behavior system. The entire school is implementing Hero, from the administrators down to the …
We use Hero at our High School to progressively promote proper behaviors more so than negative ones. We feel that the students who are …
Hero is used school wide at my site. Hero is being used to track tardiness throughout 1300 students on a daily basis. In addition to …
At my middle school, we use HERO as a positive behavior tool. Students receive points for coming to class on time, showing character …
It is used to help with attendance and reward students for great classroom behavior. A majority of our teachers are using this product on …
Hero is being used site-wide at our High School. I estimate teacher participation varies from week to week between 70-99%. I estimate …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Hero, by Schoolmint, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
15 people want pricing too
Hero is student behavior management software for K-12 schools and districts, from Schoolmint. Hero's goal is to enable consistent redirection of negative behavior, reinforcement of positive behavior and communication between educators, students, parents, and administrators across classrooms school and district-wide. Features include positive behavior tracking tools, referral and tardy management, school event management, behavior analytics data, etc.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- The customer service is fast and friendly, and there is always someone available to meet a need.
- The interface of the platform is very self-explanatory and user-friendly.
- Hero is always seeking feedback and making improvements based on user needs.
- There is still room for growth with the level of detail in the data reports.
- Students have regular issues in remembering passwords and accessing their accounts.
- They recently eliminated Homeroom, an online user community that rewarded us for participating. I got a lot of great ideas there, so this is unfortunate.
- Hero provides various ways to be able to register the targeted behaviors.
- Hero provides a user-friendly online interface.
- Hero will tailor the program to meet your group's needs.
- Clear interfacing app for entering points.
- Hero had the Hero Homeroom where teachers could collaborate and receive rewards but that was discontinued. I think that a similar reward system for those who are supposed to be inputting information would be helpful, where consistency for the required input is rewarded. For example: teachers were to be recording points for all their students every period every day - if they received points for completing their input & could then choose to spend those points on rewards that would help encourage participation to make it more successful overall.
- Too hands-off in making sure that implementation is as successful as possible.
- Too techie for non-tech savvy people.
- Tracking basic behaviors.
- Rewarding students in the moment with points.
- Phone app makes scanning student IDs very fast, which saves time for instruction.
- Sometimes the phone app freezes on an iPhone, and I have to close out of it before scanning another ID.
- I also wish there was a way to export all rosters into an Excel file under the behavior tracking tab.
- Behavior tracking.
- Detention management.
- PBIS Community.
- There aren't many areas where I would suggest improvement. They are responsive, helpful, have a great community help forum, and the interface is pretty user friendly.
- Tracking tardy behavior quickly across settings.
- Tracking positive behaviors.
- Intentionally rewarding positive behaviors immediately for all students.
- Quickly alerting alarming behaviors.
- Allowing for all students to be successful throughout the day across all settings.
- Allows all staff to reward all students for exhibiting positive behaviors.
- Have to pay extra to get the portable scanner, otherwise, you need to use your personal cell phone or a computer.
- Takes too much time to individually input each students point (mass input for multiple points would be faster).
- Not all teachers are actively rewarding points, so there is an imbalance.
- Recognize and reward positive behavior.
- Communicate with parents.
- Provide school-wide data.
- More report options.
- It is very organized.
- Easy to assign points.
- Great reports to track usage.
- None that I see.
- No concerns.
- The Hero system is very easy to use and very easy to monitor.
- Reports are emailed to me weekly that track the behaviors that have been logged in by my teachers and staff which is very helpful.
- Customer service from the Hero staff has been excellent and their response to any concerns or questions is addressed within 24 hours.
- I am always looking for costs to be lower, so that would be my only request.
- Allows ALL students to earn points at the push of a button.
- Connects with infinite Campus so student schedules and info are always accurate on the Hero site.
- Allows teachers to create their own groups for after school programs or even small groups in their classrooms.
- Perhaps the redemption system could be easier. I'd like to click a student's name and type in how many points I'd like to subtract/redeem. That'd help the process along.
- Also to allow track codes to track point amounts larger than 250. We have some things that are more expensive, so it's difficult to have to take multiple steps.
- Maybe Hero could help with an inventory management system for stores?
- Hero is a great way for students to earn points and be able to use the points for incentives.
- One area for improvement with Hero, is finding an easier way for students to track their own points.
- Hero has helped to cut down on tardiness and the need to leave the room for bathroom breaks.
- Students who have been recognized in front of the school for doing what is right feel a sense of pride and continue to do even more good.
- Recognizing positive behaviors makes the students focus more on doing right. Giving out prizes is a good incentive.
- Students need to have direct online access to picking their prizes based on the points they've earned. It will give more focus on doing what's right.
- Teachers need to have the ability to create their own positive rewards in the system based on their subject area.
- Is there a way to have the system remember your username so you don't have to type it out every time you sign in?
- Hero gets students to class on time. We had a terrible problem with tardiness and Hero has allowed us to cut our tardies by 70% for the year.
- Hero gets students participating in class. When students know they are rewarded for participation, they really start participating.
- Hero gets students treating others with kindness. Students initially treated students with respect for points, but they continue to do so, at least in my classroom.
- The scanner function on the mobile application could be improved
- The reports function from the website could have more filters, but it gets the job done.
- The forgot password function does not work. If a teacher forgets their password, the system administrator has to go in and reset it.
- Students receive points for being on time, therefore they are never late.
- Students receive points for being in uniform, therfore we know who is a part of our campus.
- Sometimes HERO does not update students who have left the school or who have entered. So teachers have to input manually. That can be improved.
- Encourages students
- Tracks detentions
- Helps reduce tardies
- Encourages school-wide spirit
- Not all teachers use it
- Not all students care about points
- Some teachers use it ineffectively
- tracks positive student behavior site-wide. This is good because I think a lot of students feel they are ignored as teachers focus on the "problem kids". Hero makes it easy to acknowledge the students for doing what they are supposed to do on a daily basis.
- tracks tardies sitewide. by pairing this with daily tardy sweeps it keeps kids from slipping through the cracks. Kids can't learn if they are not in class. This makes them acknowledge the impact/cost of being late to class.
- by tracking all of this sitewide, admin is able to look for patterns and encourage more teachers to use a positive reward system. Also gives teachers access to a positive reward system without the cost and effort of maintaining a false economy (points, teacher "bucks" etc) and stocking rewards
- prints a pass for tardy students so we know they have checked in. Downside, special printers and special paper required for them.
- for me, it really comes down to making it easier to award points. On the desktop website for awarding Hero points, they need to streamline the process for awarding points. Currently, it requires one click too many in my opinion.
- on the desktop website, more options for awarding points eg: 1. double points option. 2. on the class page make it possible to reselect the previous selection... like when you award a point to everyone present for being on time, make it possible to reselect that group. 3. A seating chart option would be super cool also.
- on the mobile app, add the behavior tracking by class option from the desktop website. I know that would probably be a lot of pinching and scrolling and zooming for most but still be cool to have that option. My Galaxy Note would probably be big enough to make it worthwhile.
- It has helped us reduce tardies and absences with students
- It has helped spread kindness throughout our school
- It has helped with parent/student involvement in meetings and events.
- I wish I could give more than one point at a time
- Sometimes the app doesn't load quickly
- One stop place to track data
- Easy to use
- School-wide participation
- Ability to track several behaviors at once
- Create a class
- Decreased tardiness
- Increased student efficacy
- Increased student engagement
- Tracking multiple students
- Interactive student-teacher dashboard
- Rewards for students through the Hero app
- Hero is being used to encourage students to get to class on time.
- Hero tracks and organizes this behavior.
- I don't know of any improvements that could be made.
- Positive Behavior Support
- Student Accountability
- I would like it if I could track individual teacher to student rewards.
- Improved functionality with Chromebooks.
- Improved app/apple product functions (able to give points like you can on a desktop).
- Encourages students to be on time for class.
- Encourages greater class participation.
- Promotes student kindness.
- I would love to see the option for students to see their progress toward earning certain prizes.
- Easy to use
- Simple website
- More options for bulk entering
- Helps to reduce tardies and absences in classroom.
- Helps to engage students in activities when points are involved.
- Administrators and parents are able to access instant classroom data to check in on their child/student.
- Teachers are only able to access behaviors for students. I wish there was a feature that would allow teachers to possibly track students assignments/work.
- Teachers should be able to select how many points they would like to give a student, instead of just being able to give 1 point at time. The task of giving students multiple points can be very time consuming.
- Sometimes the system seems to freeze. I don't know if that's due to the site itself or our building's internet speed.
- This program helps curtail negative behaviors found within the school and classroom.
- This program allows teachers and administrators to try and curtail negative behaviors found within the classroom and the school.
- HERO promotes positive reinforcement to students who are on task or going above and beyond.
- This program is user friendly and aesthetically pleasing.
- tracks student tardies
- auto assigns detention
- offers incentive opportunities
- incentives for parents to use it