HootSuite Enterprise provides a centralized platform for managing streams from different social media channels and posting/ engaging across channels simultaneously. It also has strong team / workflow features and good mobile apps.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/vG/FW/82VTWIZC8WTT.JPEGBest in class, but need to focus on ad campaign managementWe are using Hootsuite Entreprise for managing users multiple business lines within the company. Access management to the multiple social networks with different levels of permission is the main issue.,Schedule publishing Access management for multiple users Cross platforms analytics,Partnership with some major players like LinkedIn Advertising management, with Twitter especially More integration with the apps partner, as part of the integral solution. The optimal use of Hootsuite is still very fragmented.,7,Basics analytics Easy real-time brand monitoring,,8Hootsuite - Social Management made easyAt Local World we use HootSuite to manage our 400+ social media networks for posting, engagement, social insights and search. All departments have access including editorial, marketing and promotions to ensure that our customer service level is at its premium and that we can manage our brands with ease.,The ability to manage multiple social accounts on one screen Quick fire engagement, crisis management and content search,Due to our large organisation, group reports have to be done in batches of 20, meaning multiple downloads and copy and pasting Top tweets or conversation based on reach or engagement around a geocode would add to its functionality,9,As a news organisation it has been about the improvement in engagement with our audience, having one tool that enables us to post, engage and search means no more opening and closing windows.,9HootSuite's EffectivenessIt schedules tweets very well and provides very thorough analytics data. However, they need to improve their abilities to schedule posts to other networking sites.,It doesn't do a great job of scheduling posts for sites other than Twitter. Other than Twitter, posts tend to have less impact and aren't created the way you imagine.,8,2,I'm able to really get an understanding on what tweets are having an impact with my brand's customers.,2,This product allows my brand to schedule tweets for Twitter and analyze their performance.,8,,Implemented in-house,10,Self-taught,Yes, everything with this site is very self explanatory.,5,10,10,8,I would like to integrate Pinterest with it, but so far they haven't offered such integration.,Hootsuite doesn't offer much room for negotiating, but their terms are pretty acceptable. I suggest going with the pro plan if you intend to analyze your campaign's performance.Great product for those that aren't social media experts.I used the Free version for my personal account and it did a great job of letting me manage my Twitter account, however was limited in many of the functions of the pro version such as managing multiple accounts. Overall it's a basic introduction of the Pro version, which is a better option if you need to schedule posts on multiple social platforms and more importantly seeing reports.,Twitter Posts Seeing multiple social feeds in one place.,At first glance it looks like its easy enough to see all your feeds, but gets a little much, Sometimes the U/I was overwhelming to me compared to competitors.,3,,It did not hurt our business at all, anything that lets you manage multiple accounts in once place is always easy and efficient,bufferapp,5,6,1Hootsuite Pro Augments Social Media EngagementI have used HootSuite Pro to engage, monitor, and analyze the social media presence of a large healthcare company. I helped establish the social media accounts at my former company and HootSuite Pro was the perfect tool to help me keep track of everything going on during a day to day basis. I planned weeks ahead of time what type of posts I wanted to make and which accounts I wanted to use for the posts to make the largest impact. The analytics built into HootSuite really helped me understand which posts received the most feedback. HootSuite Pro is a great strategic social media planning tool.,Helpful for strategic planning Provided effective analytic tools Accesible interface,HootSuite requires that you use ow.ly url shorteners Hootsuite can be expensive for teams with multiple users Additional Hootsuite analytic pages are expensive,9,Better customer service Provides strategic communications planning tools,9Excellent tool that should be taken advantage of!Hootsuite is great for scheduling social media posts! It makes it much easier for finding all of your content at once and setting it to post at a consistent time. Hootsuite helps keep those people in charge of social media content organized. Hootsuite is a great tool for helping broaden a company's presence on social media because you can manage and schedule your posts on one easy-to-use platform.,I have not used Hootsuite in about a year because I no longer work in social media so this problem might be resolved already, but I remember when I was using it that when scheduling Facebook posts, there was no way to tag a specific company or person in the post. If you wanted to tag, say, a restaurant, you could not just put an @ sign before it like if you were actually posting through Facebook. This would be a great improvement if it has not been made already!,Hootsuite helped me realize how little I was actually posting to social media. By being able to schedule my posts all at once at the beginning of the week I was able to increase our presence online and improve the content I was sharing.,8,9Definition of Social Media Management: Hootsuite EnterpriseI used Hootsuite Enterprise at my previous job . At the time when I first started, we did not have many social media accounts so my first role was to talk with the academic advisors of the major programs our school offered and see what they would like to be shared within the social media accounts. I had to do research on different social media management platforms and Hootsuite Enterprise was the one that I recommended to our directors which they should use. We presented to the board the positives of using Hootsuite and they ended up approving the use of this tool. It was my job then to learn how to use this on my own and help input around 10-15 new social media accounts within Hootsuite. Hootsuite is being used by the academic advisors for the school to help post useful information to studends, alumni, and perspective students as well the general public.It helped address the problem of reaching out to a larger body of potential students, current students, and alumni. It allowed us to communicate quicker and more proficiently to everyone that reached out to us.,Organizes all your social media accounts very well (majority of people who use Hootsuite manage multiple platforms so this tool is great to use because it allows an easy flow between accounts). The interface is very user friendly, but you have to be willing to take risks and see what works for you and what doesn't (it looks a bit frightening at first with all the different options to choose but Hootsuite provides great videos and tutorials to help you discover great ways of helping those using your social media accounts). It saves time ( instead of having multiple tabs open, Hootsuite lets you see more than one account open at the same time).,Because we are in an age where digital media is taking the world by storm, it would be even more helpful to create tutorials that are easier to understand for those not used to dealing with social media. Training those who have not really used social media to learn hootsuite can be hard at points. The main desktop of Hootsuite has so many great options and tabs, but it sometimes feels a little daunting with so many buttons to choose from. Many business would benefit from Hootsuite, but in order to get the maximum benefit out of it, it will cost you a pretty penny so it can hurt small business who would like to use Hootsuite. Possibly adding more features in the free version would help. Make the analytics portion cheaper to buy reports. It can get very expensive for those wanting weekly reports of their data. Maybe include more offers in the free hootsuite version.,9,Increased employee efficiency/ better customer service (We have been able to respond quicker to questions that are asked of us by those reaching out). The RSS Feed app that is out allowed us to look for better content to provide to our fans and followers. It was a great tool to use when searching for articles we wanted to post and share. It has allowed us to look at what posts and shares have worked for us in the past as well as what we should be posting in the future. The reports are a great way to see what is working for your company.,9Great tool with a simple UI... But I prefer to pass.Scheduling of posts are great with Hootsuite. Incredible easy to use interface with the option to receive an email when the post goes live. You can also choose the option to have the platform post the content when it calculates your audience is most active. The scheduling function is probably one of Hootsuite's leading features. Streams are easy to navigate; simple but insightful. I never used them much so it's hard for me to judge. The Twitter Search option within streams is great for social listening as well as industry trend observation. Overall navigation. Hootsuite is designed well; the left panel is everything you need for daily Hootsuite use. I haven't dug into the HelpDesk too much, but from my experience, it's quite comprehensive and useful.,When posting content on Facebook, a user can insert a URL, wait for the preview to appear, then delete the URL, and the preview will remain. This makes Facebook posts more aesthetically pleasing. When posting URLs on Facebook via Hootsuite, the program sometimes fails to omit the URL (even when checking the option), leaving an ugly ow.ly link in the post. Gets on my nerves. Hootsuite just needs to work to make FB posts easier on the eyes. It's difficult to figure out how to upload more than one image in a post (I just click the gray area next to the thumbnail of the first image). When linking your personal Facebook page to Hootsuite, WHYYY does Hootsuite request so much information? It's a little excessive.,8,Definitely increased employee efficiency – employees do not need to worry about posting right when they want the content to go live. The Twitter search streams have been great in terms of social listening – keeps PR departments on their toes when it comes to crisis management, breaking news, etc.,6Hootsuite Enterprise ReviewHootsuite Enterprise has a very user-friendly dashboard. It's easy to learn how to navigate around and figure out how to manage accounts on your own. Hootsuite academy is an excellent resource for finding out how to optimize your accounts. After reading up on a few learning sessions, I was able to provide rich insights to the clients about their brand and social presence. Hootsuite Enterprises analytics are great when it comes to reporting. Customizing reports and having them emailed to myself and the client every week was very helpful.,While Hootsuite Enterprise account comes with one-on-one customer support, my team often had to contact our account executive's superior for answers to questions. The account executive would refer us to academy learnings that we're sometimes unrelated to the issue we were experiencing.,The account which I used Hootsuite Enterprise saw increased employee efficiency. The tool helped the client stay on top of social content being shared. Overall customer service on the social channels increased drastically. Hootsuite Enterprise's community management functionality allowed reps to monitor on and off channel.,8,7Great for Tracking and PostingSend Tweets. Schedule Tweets. Track mentions, hashtags, and followers. Track Facebook messages and submit posts (however third party apps can hurt Facebook ranking).,I am not thrilled with the reporting function. Freezes sometimes when I use the Link Shortener.,9,I can easily track mentions of our twitter handle or our designated hashtag. Saves me time since I can have multiple streams on one screen.,10Great Tool - Publishing & SearchPublishes content at scheduled times. Allows me to monitor search results, multiple at a time. Gives me the ease of switching platforms across various brands without logging in and out of channels.,Freezes occasionally.,10,4,Time savings Freedom of publishing content Monitoring of brand mention/context on Twitter (SCRM),2,10,,Implemented in-house,9,Self-taught,It was easy for me to learn. They have online tutorials for anyone seeking training.,No,10,9,8,9,VinTank.,Did not negotiate terms but I did sign up early so my pricing is very cheap.Good Value, Not PerfectOur business uses Hootsuite Pro to manage social media accounts for our business and our clients. It makes collaboration among multiple team members easy, and makes monitoring lots of different social media accounts simple. The interface is pretty easy for new people to learn, and the capacity for managers to approve posts prior to approval is a valuable aspect of the software.,Management of numerous social media accounts. Simple cross-platform content customization and posting. Team collaboration. Brand and keyword monitoring. Customer service and reputation management.,Bulk upload tool is finicky and rarely works properly. Lack of ability to schedule posts for articles and blogs that are not yet live. This is a *huge* inconvenience for our team. For those managing more than 10 social networks, trying to find the correct account from the drop-down menu is tedious. Better organization of multiple accounts, particularly for the same company, would be helpful and time-saving. The Hootlet tool is handy, but is not optimized for smaller screens. It doesn't work properly on laptop or mobile.,6,5,Hootsuite Pro is very affordable, which is why we continue to use it in spite of several concerns and productivity issues (things take longer for our team due to conflicts with the software). It is definitely worth the investment in time savings for our team. It has made monitoring brand conversations much easier. That feature alone is worth the subscription. The software has reduced brand monitoring and customer service conversation time for each of our clients by at least 50%.,Sprout Social,LiquidPlanner, AuthorityLabs, RavenTools, Salesfusion,Yes,Price Product Features Product Reputation,We're happy with our current choice to use Hootsuite Pro. Several of the features haven't functioned well for our needs for quite some time (like bulk upload), which is a bit frustrating. Overall, it's worth tolerating the issues because the software is very helpful and saves our team a lot of time.A+ ProductUser-friendly. Valuable insights. Cuts time when managing multiple twitter and social media handles.,N/A,8,Higher ROI with less time investment.,Tweet scheduling. Client tweet management. Reporting & Insights.,7,Don't know,7,In-person training Self-taught,6,Yes! Self taught is a very viable method for most uses of the product,No,8Save time! Free account works perfectly!Our primary use case is publishing and we post to various social media sites: Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook, and WordPress. I love the ability to automatically schedule posts in advance. This allows me to build a good cadence of posts. Sometimes we have content for several posts and it's much better to schedule these posts so that there is some elapsed time between each post which allows us to build a steady drumbeat of content. The product gives a nice layout of current social media accounts. When I login, the homepage presents a very clear dashboard containing streams for each social media channel and I can see at a glance things like retweets, mentions etc.,Posting to personal WordPress sites. The issue here is that I can post simultaneously to multiple social channels (Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and Facebook) but cannot include WordPress in this group. I have to go to WordPress separately to post. This is an issue for us because our website and blog are built in WordPress and I want to be able to post content to our blog at the same time as posting to other channels. HootSuite is aware of this issue, and is working on it. There is an issue posting images. When we post images (screenshots of new features, etc.) to LinkedIn, it sometimes posts a link to the image instead of the actual image. We have to then go into LinkedIn to fix the problem. This does not appear to be an issue with other channels. Again. HootSuite is aware of the issue and is working on it. This is almost certainly a symptom of having to keep on top of the constantly evolving social channel APIs.,9,Hootsuite allows us to save a lot of time going to all the different sites to post the same entry. Instead, we can post once to multiple sites. In addition, we can schedule posts in advance which also increases our efficiency. We use the free version of the product, so this is a big win.,9Hootsuite Enterprise for Social Media AgencyAutomating the posting of content across various social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, etc.). It would take a very long time to do this manually. We would have to write our own software and figure out the APIs to do this any other way.,The reporting didn't work particularly well for our clients' needs. Most of our clients were paying too little to warrant in-depth reporting, so it wasn't really a big issue. There are a lot of great reporting modules that our clients just couldn't take advantage of due to their small size. There is a limit (200) on how "tabs" one user can create. This hasn't yet been an issue but it may end up being one. Not much else. It's solid.,Automation of monitoring and posting results in a lot of time and labor savings. We're able to leverage employees at a lower base via the team infrastructure and security levels.,9,10,10,2,Automation of social media account monitoring and content posting for 200+ small business clients.,,,Implemented in-house,9,Online training Self-taught,10,It's pretty intuitive. Getting setup is the toughest part, but it's not terribly difficult.,Yes,10,9,10,9,Google Docs would be great since we build our content calendars using a Google Docs template provided by Hootsuite. It would save us a lot of time exporting and importing batches of content for each client. Pinterest,,We had an initial trial of a couple of months to be sure we could work with the software before committing to a full year. That was great!If you need an easy social media platform-choose HootsuiteIt saves so much time and confusion around when social media content is posted.,It provides a way to instantly make links shorter. You have several streams that you can follow at one time in your dashboard. It is simple to understand.,9,A higher percentage of tweets and retweets.,It is the easiest way to schedule tweets for us.,10,Implemented in-house,10,Self-taught,It was very easy to learn without training. I would absolutely recommend this approach to others.,No,10Hootsuite Enterprise - my right hand man!I love how I can schedule my posts in advance. I personally create a calendar that helps me know when posts are supposed to go out, and the scheduling system is very user friendly. I like how you don't have to log in and log out of social media pages (like I used to do - which took so much time) and I can have all streams of my client's pages all on one page. I also love the monthly reports that Hootsuite sends me - telling me exactly how my client social media pages are doing, new likes, reach, etc.,I do like the reports section - but their list of types of reports can be a little overwhelming. Sometimes I second guess - is this the right report I need?,Better customer outreach. Easy navigation through multiple accounts.,10,10HootSuite - Gets the job done.Social publishing - Posting to your social profiles is easy and straightforward. Analytics - Their graph builders are very attractive and easily exported for reports. Dashboard- It's great to see everything in one place to keep up with your audience. Mobile App - It has mostly the functionality that their desktop site has which is uncommon in social CRM apps in my experience.,Customer Service - They need to have better communication channels for their users. Having to rely on their Twitter handle for answers is not sufficient.,8,Customers - Easy to keep a conversation with our social following. Social Following - Easy to keep track of our social following through the use of the analytics tools. Social Influence - Keeping up with our conversations improves our overall influence score.,9HootSuite Pro ReviewHandles multiple accounts and platforms with ease. Reduces my time logging in and out of several accounts and improves my productivity.,Sometimes the Twitter API stalls or slows the updating of data.,10,1,There is no such thing as a quantifiable ROI with social media.,1,Social Media productivity. Ease of listening, responding, engaging.,10,,Implemented in-house,10,Online training Self-taught,10,Yes, I taught myself most of the process.,No,10,10,10,9,No.,All spelled out online. No sales hype, no salesperson. Simple.Hootsuite Pro is Recommended for Small Business Organizations and StartupsSince we are now in the Internet age, companies should definitely consider having their own social media management team and tools to manage and track their social media presence online. HootSuite Pro was one of the tools we tried to monitor different and multiple streams in one page. It addresses the issue of not being able to know which user comment has not been responded to and also schedule responses at the most critical times of the day to increase engagement rates with customers.,Our Marketing team is always on the go. It helps that Hootsuite Pro can be accessed with any mobile device so our team can use the tool while they are away from their computers. We get weekly analytic reports via email. Summary reports are very useful so our team is updated on the performance reports of their links and ads. The scheduling feature is helpful so the marketing team can publish posts to social media accounts while not bothering to do it in real time and worry about delays.,Thumbnail and summary of post do not show up when posting a single update using the standard scheduler in Hootsuite. In the first week of use, it's easy for users who are not familiar with Hootsuite Pro to get confused with the overwhelming interface. There is many activities that happen in one tab. For those who like simple GUI, this may not be the best option. Adding new team members tend to add up monthly costs a lot. Premium subscriptions also imply increased overall cost for the company.,6,5,We have more time savings and efficiency as Hootsuite Pro offers a useful monitoring service that shows the replies, mentions and direct messages from all networks in one dashboard. We don't have to hire several trainees to do the painstaking job that can be done by one person alone. Security and accountability are the biggest risks we face. Since the tool is used simultaneously by our five team members and Hootsuite Pro allows everyone to access the social media channels without needing to know the password for each one, this has become an issue since the management won't be able to pinpoint who did what. As a workaround, there are tasks delegated to a specific individual so we can still know the work done by whom. Conversion analytics is a great ROI for our business. Hootsuite Pro provides very insightful and customized reports that are good enough to present to management without much additional work. These overview reports are of course just the top-level insight but we still use another reports generator to dig further details.,Buffer,NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft ProjectEmpower your small to medium sized social team with Hootsuite Pro!Hootsuite Pro was used by my organization for monitoring social media, publishing posts and analytics/reporting. Only those involved in direct posting for clients use it.,Scheduling Posts - Very easy to use, simple interface allows you to schedule posts across all platforms, without having to be in the actual platform to post. Monitoring - Excellent for monitoring social media channels for keywords or hashtags and then being able to dive into the discussion and respond in any given channel. Reporting - Love how easy it is to compile reports for a client/boss and export to PDF. This makes it simple and easy to do.,Price for Hootsuite Pro, when compared to other similar tools (Sprout Social, Buffer, Edgar, etc.) is a bit high. Would love to see an actual integration with Instagram where we can schedule to post from Hootsuite rather than schedule a reminder to post natively in Instagram. Custom URL shortening options would be cool!,8,3,Great investment for keeping up brand sentiment and engaging in conversations around the brand & products. Excellent for saving time by batching writing of social posts Also excellent in saving time by creating simple yet powerful reports for clients.,BufferHootsuite Pro - Fine for the PriceHootsuite Pro does a fine, but unremarkable, job if introducing social media scheduling and monitoring to organizations both large and small. The interface is relatively simple to master. As with all tools, there are some quirks and hidden features. Its analytics features are relatively basic. We augment that with other products and vendors.,It's great for real time monitoring and social media listening. The scheduling feature works well, assuming you don't have more than 10-15 messages per day. The interface is relatively simple for new users to master.,The analytics component is somewhat lacking and limited. The auto-schedule feature is great in theory. But to be truly effective, you still need to schedule manually. I simply don't trust the tool. The groups and teams feature works when handling multiple accounts. It requires a bit of setup. Block off some time to get it right. The interface is only usable with 4-5 columns. More than that, and things become very cluttered. The default URL shortner is ow.ly, which creates a sub-par experience. Go in and change your shortner to bit.ly.,5,10,It's affordable, so the ROI was easy to justify. There are limitations with the product, so if your budget allows it, consider investing in a more robust tool. The tool is easy to roll out and users seem to like it. It does lack many enterprise calibar features.,Sprinklr, Spredfast Experiences, Sprout Social and Falcon.io,Spredfast Experiences, Adobe Analytics, Simply Measured,3,It's an easy tool for social media managers. The interface is familiar, but also somewhat limited. Managers and executives may also use it for social media and traditional media monitoring.,It's a relatively old product in this media space. They are not innovating as much as they used it. It does not lend itself well to innovation. There are several add-ons, but they are very much tacked on and not built into the interface.,We are discouraging use of Hootsuite as the product development roadmap is limited. The tool is use to use. It's relatively easy to pick up. Many users are familiar with the interface, so the learning curve is not steep.,2,Publishing and scheduling is easy in Hootsuite The calendar feature works well. Listening in real time performs well.,YesHootsuite puts all your profiles in oneWe use Hootsuite Pro for our own products and profiles. It is only used by the marketing department, specifically by the communications unit. The principal problem we find in Hootsuite Pro is that the reports are expensive, this is quite an inconvenience because we end up creating our reports manually.,Scheduling is very useful and comfortable, unlike other tools, in Hootsuite you can easily edit your posts before they get published and add the profiles you want. When you have a few profiles, the streams are perfect, also you can compare between two or more profiles, which is very useful for our company. The app directory is great! You have so much apps in your directory, the YouTube one is specially useful for us.,If you manage five or more profiles, the streams can be confusing. Sometimes there is so much activity it gets overwhelming. It is expensive to add a member to the platform, if you have a team of 4 o 5 people, you think twice before choosing Hootsuite Pro. Reports al also expensive, and they seem very basic.,8,2,It has helped us managing our profiles in a same platorm, wich has saved us money. The mobile version helps us to manage our profiles when we are not at the office. It really does not have an impact on our ROI.,Sprout Social,Sprout Social, Buffer, TweetDeckGreat service, but needs updates quick to keep up in the marketplace.We have three users. All of us curate and post content for our approximately 50 social media channels. It helps each of us know what the other has posted, so we are not duplicating efforts. We can also pop into the scheduler to see what is coming up and we often use bulk uploading which is a great feature.,Coordinating efforts. Advanced scheduling. Multiple streams.,Sales Force integration. RSS Feed integration. Being able to set up multiple Tweets with the same post.,8,3,It's fantastic for branding. Team integration. We cannot see direct ROI because we don't have SalesForce integrated with HS.,Oktopost and Sprout Social,Salesforce.com, Oktopost, MarketoTwo Thumbs up Hootsuite ProWe use Hootsuite Pro to manage multiple clients across several social media platforms. We use it because it's efficient, has good scheduling capabilities and analytics. We love that our entire team can access the account and it keeps us from having to log in and out of multiple platforms.,Scheduling tweets! and the ability to edit them easily. It helps us to keep our clients' accounts profiles organized. We love the analytics that come with Pro.,If you need multiple analytics reports, you might end up paying a lot. They use Ow.ly to shorten links and while you can upgrade to customize, it's expensive to do so.,9,2,We use it for efficiency and organization purposes.,Sprout Social, RavenTools
Hootsuite

Hootsuite Reviews

Hootsuite

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 381 vetted Hootsuite reviews and ratings

Do you use this product? Write a Review
Philippe Santerre profile photo
September 12, 2014

Best in class, but need to focus on ad campaign management

• Schedule publishing
  • Access management for multiple users
  • Cross platforms analytics
  • Partnership with some major players like LinkedIn
  • Advertising management, with Twitter especially
  • More integration with the apps partner, as part of the integral solution. The optimal use of Hootsuite is still very fragmented.
HootSuite Enterprise is great for multiple users, and multiple social networks accounts. It needs improvement on the ads management side with partners.
Read Philippe Santerre's full review
Scott Hornsby profile photo
September 11, 2014

Hootsuite - Social Management made easy

• The ability to manage multiple social accounts on one screen
  • Quick fire engagement, crisis management and content search
  • Due to our large organisation, group reports have to be done in batches of 20, meaning multiple downloads and copy and pasting
  • Top tweets or conversation based on reach or engagement around a geocode would add to its functionality
If you want a product that gives you complete assurance over brand management then whether you're a small or large business, HootSuite Enterprise is for you. If working with teams across different locations, the ability to assign tasks or jobs to specific teams helps the business delegate appropriately.
Read Scott Hornsby's full review
Nicolette Rivera profile photo
December 01, 2014

HootSuite's Effectiveness

• It schedules tweets very well and provides very thorough analytics data. However, they need to improve their abilities to schedule posts to other networking sites.
  • It doesn't do a great job of scheduling posts for sites other than Twitter.
  • Other than Twitter, posts tend to have less impact and aren't created the way you imagine.
Be sure to have a strategy in mind when using Hootsuite. Their scheduling tool is very useful when trying to get an understanding of what you have planned. When you analyze Twitter I suggest you look at both your growth in following, but how people are engaging with what you post. I recently have begun scheduling Google+ posts through Hootsuite and find the quality is pretty good.
Read Nicolette Rivera's full review
Robert Evans profile photo
October 20, 2014

Great product for those that aren't social media experts.

• Twitter Posts
  • Seeing multiple social feeds in one place.
  • At first glance it looks like its easy enough to see all your feeds, but gets a little much, Sometimes the U/I was overwhelming to me compared to competitors.
HootSuite Free is well suited to manage multiple accounts.
Read Robert Evans's full review
Charles Heidrick profile photo
January 15, 2014

Hootsuite Pro Augments Social Media Engagement

• Helpful for strategic planning
  • Provided effective analytic tools
  • Accesible interface
  • HootSuite requires that you use ow.ly url shorteners
  • Hootsuite can be expensive for teams with multiple users
  • Additional Hootsuite analytic pages are expensive
Hootsuite Pro is especially helpful if the client has multiple lines of business or communication channels that need to be constantly monitored.
Read Charles Heidrick's full review
Sarah McKagen profile photo
January 13, 2014

Excellent tool that should be taken advantage of!

• Hootsuite is great for scheduling social media posts! It makes it much easier for finding all of your content at once and setting it to post at a consistent time.
  • Hootsuite helps keep those people in charge of social media content organized.
  • Hootsuite is a great tool for helping broaden a company's presence on social media because you can manage and schedule your posts on one easy-to-use platform.
  • I have not used Hootsuite in about a year because I no longer work in social media so this problem might be resolved already, but I remember when I was using it that when scheduling Facebook posts, there was no way to tag a specific company or person in the post. If you wanted to tag, say, a restaurant, you could not just put an @ sign before it like if you were actually posting through Facebook. This would be a great improvement if it has not been made already!
Just be aware of what platforms it supports and make sure they fit your needs.
Read Sarah McKagen's full review
Ryan Brouk profile photo
January 11, 2014

Definition of Social Media Management: Hootsuite Enterprise

• Organizes all your social media accounts very well (majority of people who use Hootsuite manage multiple platforms so this tool is great to use because it allows an easy flow between accounts).
  • The interface is very user friendly, but you have to be willing to take risks and see what works for you and what doesn't (it looks a bit frightening at first with all the different options to choose but Hootsuite provides great videos and tutorials to help you discover great ways of helping those using your social media accounts).
  • It saves time ( instead of having multiple tabs open, Hootsuite lets you see more than one account open at the same time).
  • Because we are in an age where digital media is taking the world by storm, it would be even more helpful to create tutorials that are easier to understand for those not used to dealing with social media. Training those who have not really used social media to learn hootsuite can be hard at points.
  • The main desktop of Hootsuite has so many great options and tabs, but it sometimes feels a little daunting with so many buttons to choose from.
  • Many business would benefit from Hootsuite, but in order to get the maximum benefit out of it, it will cost you a pretty penny so it can hurt small business who would like to use Hootsuite. Possibly adding more features in the free version would help.
  • Make the analytics portion cheaper to buy reports. It can get very expensive for those wanting weekly reports of their data. Maybe include more offers in the free hootsuite version.
Well suited for businesses that need to mange more than 4 or 5 social media accounts. Hootsuite does a great job of organizing the accounts. It would be less appropriate for small business that only use 2 or 3 social media accounts. It can get very expensive for those wanting to generate analytic reports weekly and even monthly so small businesses may have a harder time with getting those produced.
Read Ryan Brouk's full review
Laura Cyrek profile photo
November 15, 2013

Great tool with a simple UI... But I prefer to pass.

• Scheduling of posts are great with Hootsuite. Incredible easy to use interface with the option to receive an email when the post goes live. You can also choose the option to have the platform post the content when it calculates your audience is most active. The scheduling function is probably one of Hootsuite's leading features.
  • Streams are easy to navigate; simple but insightful. I never used them much so it's hard for me to judge. The Twitter Search option within streams is great for social listening as well as industry trend observation.
  • Overall navigation. Hootsuite is designed well; the left panel is everything you need for daily Hootsuite use. I haven't dug into the HelpDesk too much, but from my experience, it's quite comprehensive and useful.
  • When posting content on Facebook, a user can insert a URL, wait for the preview to appear, then delete the URL, and the preview will remain. This makes Facebook posts more aesthetically pleasing. When posting URLs on Facebook via Hootsuite, the program sometimes fails to omit the URL (even when checking the option), leaving an ugly ow.ly link in the post. Gets on my nerves. Hootsuite just needs to work to make FB posts easier on the eyes.
  • It's difficult to figure out how to upload more than one image in a post (I just click the gray area next to the thumbnail of the first image).
  • When linking your personal Facebook page to Hootsuite, WHYYY does Hootsuite request so much information? It's a little excessive.
In terms of social media management tools, I have no hesitation to recommend Hootsuite. I think it's a great product with a very user friendly interface. Personally, I prefer to execute social marketing organically, but I would recommend colleagues take advantage of a trial.
Read Laura Cyrek's full review
Ryan Nolan profile photo
November 04, 2013

Hootsuite Enterprise Review

• Hootsuite Enterprise has a very user-friendly dashboard. It's easy to learn how to navigate around and figure out how to manage accounts on your own.
  • Hootsuite academy is an excellent resource for finding out how to optimize your accounts. After reading up on a few learning sessions, I was able to provide rich insights to the clients about their brand and social presence.
  • Hootsuite Enterprises analytics are great when it comes to reporting. Customizing reports and having them emailed to myself and the client every week was very helpful.
  • While Hootsuite Enterprise account comes with one-on-one customer support, my team often had to contact our account executive's superior for answers to questions. The account executive would refer us to academy learnings that we're sometimes unrelated to the issue we were experiencing.
Due to the price, I would inform my colleague to research around for other tools.
Read Ryan Nolan's full review
Amos Orr profile photo
October 17, 2013

Great for Tracking and Posting

• Send Tweets.
  • Schedule Tweets.
  • Track mentions, hashtags, and followers.
  • Track Facebook messages and submit posts (however third party apps can hurt Facebook ranking).
  • I am not thrilled with the reporting function.
  • Freezes sometimes when I use the Link Shortener.
Read Amos Orr's full review
Ashley Pengilly profile photo
October 12, 2013

Great Tool - Publishing & Search

• Publishes content at scheduled times.
  • Allows me to monitor search results, multiple at a time.
  • Gives me the ease of switching platforms across various brands without logging in and out of channels.
  • Freezes occasionally.
I think this is an essential tool for any multiple brand/location company to have to monitor and publish on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Read Ashley Pengilly's full review
July 29, 2016

Good Value, Not Perfect

• Management of numerous social media accounts.
  • Simple cross-platform content customization and posting.
  • Team collaboration.
  • Brand and keyword monitoring.
  • Customer service and reputation management.
  • Bulk upload tool is finicky and rarely works properly.
  • Lack of ability to schedule posts for articles and blogs that are not yet live. This is a *huge* inconvenience for our team.
  • For those managing more than 10 social networks, trying to find the correct account from the drop-down menu is tedious. Better organization of multiple accounts, particularly for the same company, would be helpful and time-saving.
  • The Hootlet tool is handy, but is not optimized for smaller screens. It doesn't work properly on laptop or mobile.
Hootsuite Pro is well-suited for small-mid size companies or those with fewer than 10 accounts. The layout becomes tedious to manage with more accounts than that. I feel an upgrade of the UI could make the software easier to use.
Douglas Mauro profile photo
August 15, 2013

Save time! Free account works perfectly!

• Our primary use case is publishing and we post to various social media sites: Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook, and WordPress.
  • I love the ability to automatically schedule posts in advance. This allows me to build a good cadence of posts. Sometimes we have content for several posts and it's much better to schedule these posts so that there is some elapsed time between each post which allows us to build a steady drumbeat of content.
  • The product gives a nice layout of current social media accounts. When I login, the homepage presents a very clear dashboard containing streams for each social media channel and I can see at a glance things like retweets, mentions etc.
  • Posting to personal WordPress sites. The issue here is that I can post simultaneously to multiple social channels (Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and Facebook) but cannot include WordPress in this group. I have to go to WordPress separately to post. This is an issue for us because our website and blog are built in WordPress and I want to be able to post content to our blog at the same time as posting to other channels. HootSuite is aware of this issue, and is working on it.
  • There is an issue posting images. When we post images (screenshots of new features, etc.) to LinkedIn, it sometimes posts a link to the image instead of the actual image. We have to then go into LinkedIn to fix the problem. This does not appear to be an issue with other channels. Again. HootSuite is aware of the issue and is working on it. This is almost certainly a symptom of having to keep on top of the constantly evolving social channel APIs.
Great online software. There are a couple of minor bugs as already mentioned:
- posting to WordPress
- posting images to LinkedIn
Overall though we love using the product and are very happy with it..
Read Douglas Mauro's full review
Tony Pinto profile photo
July 23, 2013

Hootsuite Enterprise for Social Media Agency

• Automating the posting of content across various social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, etc.). It would take a very long time to do this manually. We would have to write our own software and figure out the APIs to do this any other way.
  • The reporting didn't work particularly well for our clients' needs. Most of our clients were paying too little to warrant in-depth reporting, so it wasn't really a big issue. There are a lot of great reporting modules that our clients just couldn't take advantage of due to their small size.
  • There is a limit (200) on how "tabs" one user can create. This hasn't yet been an issue but it may end up being one.
  • Not much else. It's solid.
We are very happy with our decision to use Hootsuite. After evaluating a lot of other options, they stood head and shoulders above the rest. There's a reason Hootsuite is the most popular platform.
Read Tony Pinto's full review
Taylor Wood profile photo
July 18, 2013

If you need an easy social media platform-choose Hootsuite

• It saves so much time and confusion around when social media content is posted.
  • It provides a way to instantly make links shorter.
  • You have several streams that you can follow at one time in your dashboard.
  • It is simple to understand.
Read Taylor Wood's full review
Becky Gomez profile photo
October 25, 2013

Hootsuite Enterprise - my right hand man!

• I love how I can schedule my posts in advance. I personally create a calendar that helps me know when posts are supposed to go out, and the scheduling system is very user friendly.
  • I like how you don't have to log in and log out of social media pages (like I used to do - which took so much time) and I can have all streams of my client's pages all on one page.
  • I also love the monthly reports that Hootsuite sends me - telling me exactly how my client social media pages are doing, new likes, reach, etc.
  • I do like the reports section - but their list of types of reports can be a little overwhelming. Sometimes I second guess - is this the right report I need?
How many pages to do you manage? Are you the only manager? These are all things that Hootsuite can help you manage better and more efficiently
Read Becky Gomez's full review
Nick Myers profile photo
October 25, 2013

HootSuite - Gets the job done.

• Social publishing - Posting to your social profiles is easy and straightforward.
  • Analytics - Their graph builders are very attractive and easily exported for reports.
  • Dashboard- It's great to see everything in one place to keep up with your audience.
  • Mobile App - It has mostly the functionality that their desktop site has which is uncommon in social CRM apps in my experience.
  • Customer Service - They need to have better communication channels for their users. Having to rely on their Twitter handle for answers is not sufficient.
Their customer service is mediocre at best for a service that does run into problems occasionally. I often do not get replies to emails sent to HootSuite customer service and have to rely on solving customer service issues via their Twitter handle. This is difficult when you can only explain yourself at 140 characters at a time.
Read Nick Myers's full review
Erik Blair profile photo
October 24, 2013

HootSuite Pro Review

• Handles multiple accounts and platforms with ease.
  • Reduces my time logging in and out of several accounts and improves my productivity.
  • Sometimes the Twitter API stalls or slows the updating of data.
I pay for the Pro account because I get unlimited accounts, platforms and profiles.
Read Erik Blair's full review
August 01, 2016

Hootsuite Pro is Recommended for Small Business Organizations and Startups

• Our Marketing team is always on the go. It helps that Hootsuite Pro can be accessed with any mobile device so our team can use the tool while they are away from their computers.
  • We get weekly analytic reports via email. Summary reports are very useful so our team is updated on the performance reports of their links and ads.
  • The scheduling feature is helpful so the marketing team can publish posts to social media accounts while not bothering to do it in real time and worry about delays.
  • Thumbnail and summary of post do not show up when posting a single update using the standard scheduler in Hootsuite.
  • In the first week of use, it's easy for users who are not familiar with Hootsuite Pro to get confused with the overwhelming interface. There is many activities that happen in one tab. For those who like simple GUI, this may not be the best option.
  • Adding new team members tend to add up monthly costs a lot. Premium subscriptions also imply increased overall cost for the company.
Based on our team's feedback, the Hootsuite free edition may be enough to manage and monitor our social media activities. We get analytic reports from the data and API and we utilize another business intelligence tool to really study the trends. Out of all social media, we use Facebook the most and the thing that's less likable about using a third-party tool like Hootsuite Pro is that it does not track the likes, shares, and comments that we receive in Facebook’s Insights analytical data for that post.
July 25, 2016

Empower your small to medium sized social team with Hootsuite Pro!

• Scheduling Posts - Very easy to use, simple interface allows you to schedule posts across all platforms, without having to be in the actual platform to post.
  • Monitoring - Excellent for monitoring social media channels for keywords or hashtags and then being able to dive into the discussion and respond in any given channel.
  • Reporting - Love how easy it is to compile reports for a client/boss and export to PDF. This makes it simple and easy to do.
  • Price for Hootsuite Pro, when compared to other similar tools (Sprout Social, Buffer, Edgar, etc.) is a bit high.
  • Would love to see an actual integration with Instagram where we can schedule to post from Hootsuite rather than schedule a reminder to post natively in Instagram.
  • Custom URL shortening options would be cool!
Excellent for managing several clients and social channels. Great to use with teams when needing to collaborate and allow some users some options while others are restricted. Not a great option in price for a very small team (1-3 users), built for medium to larger digital teams (5-15). Although, if on a smaller team, use a lower package from Hootsuite.
July 23, 2016

Hootsuite Pro - Fine for the Price

• It's great for real time monitoring and social media listening.
  • The scheduling feature works well, assuming you don't have more than 10-15 messages per day.
  • The interface is relatively simple for new users to master.
  • The analytics component is somewhat lacking and limited.
  • The auto-schedule feature is great in theory. But to be truly effective, you still need to schedule manually. I simply don't trust the tool.
  • The groups and teams feature works when handling multiple accounts. It requires a bit of setup. Block off some time to get it right.
  • The interface is only usable with 4-5 columns. More than that, and things become very cluttered.
  • The default URL shortner is ow.ly, which creates a sub-par experience. Go in and change your shortner to bit.ly.
Hootsuite Pro is great for small teams. It's not well suited for the enterprise and larger organizations. The interface is easy to master. Overall, it's a fine tool for people on a limited budget. It doesn't compare well to competitors such as Sprinklr, Spredfast and Sprout. Of course, those tools cost more.
July 22, 2016

Hootsuite puts all your profiles in one

• Scheduling is very useful and comfortable, unlike other tools, in Hootsuite you can easily edit your posts before they get published and add the profiles you want.
  • When you have a few profiles, the streams are perfect, also you can compare between two or more profiles, which is very useful for our company.
  • The app directory is great! You have so much apps in your directory, the YouTube one is specially useful for us.
  • If you manage five or more profiles, the streams can be confusing. Sometimes there is so much activity it gets overwhelming.
  • It is expensive to add a member to the platform, if you have a team of 4 o 5 people, you think twice before choosing Hootsuite Pro.
  • Reports al also expensive, and they seem very basic.
Hootsuite results useful if you need to manage a lot of profiles even though it gets confusing sometimes, it is less expensive than other tools when it's about how many profiles you manage. Their app is very friendly to the user, I find it basic but it actually is a very good thing if you want a practical tool for your work.

I do not recommend Hootsuite if your primary need is analytics, because they're very expensive. Also if you have a very numerous team gets expensive or you'll have to share your account, which is very stressful.
March 08, 2016

Great service, but needs updates quick to keep up in the marketplace.

• Coordinating efforts.
  • Advanced scheduling.
  • Multiple streams.
  • Sales Force integration.
  • RSS Feed integration.
  • Being able to set up multiple Tweets with the same post.
It's great for teamwork, but your competitors are adding multiple integrations which make analytics much more robust. Salesforce, Marketo, RSS feeds are all available on Oktopost and we really love their platform. Also, they have a dedicated customer service rep, which makes all the difference in the world. It's nice to establish a rapport with one person.
March 10, 2016

Two Thumbs up Hootsuite Pro

• Scheduling tweets! and the ability to edit them easily.
  • It helps us to keep our clients' accounts profiles organized.
  • We love the analytics that come with Pro.
  • If you need multiple analytics reports, you might end up paying a lot.
  • They use Ow.ly to shorten links and while you can upgrade to customize, it's expensive to do so.
I think Hootsuite Pro is great for a small team - it can be more expensive if you have multiple users.

Boolean keyword searches (55)
Filtering out noise/spam (58)
6.5
Sentiment analysis (52)
Broad channel coverage (71)
Content planning and scheduling (89)
Audience targeting (67)
Content optimization (71)
Workflow management (75)
Automated routing and prioritization (54)
Customer interaction histories (60)
Bulk actions (67)
Lead generation (41)
Content marketing (68)
Paid media management (37)
6.5
Campaigns and promotions (58)
Twitter (88)
Facebook (87)
LinkedIn (78)
Google+ (55)
Instagram (70)
Pinterest (40)
YouTube (38)
Campaign success analytics (72)
Real-time tracking (72)
Competitor analysis (50)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (72)
Mobile access (79)

About Hootsuite

Hootsuite Integrations

Google Analytics, Allocadia, Brandwatch, 123FormBuilder (formerly 123ContactForm)

Hootsuite Competitors

Adobe Social, Conversocial, Sysomos Expion, Falcon.io, Oracle Social Cloud, Radian6, Sprout Social, Viralheat, MavSocial, ThoughtBuzz, Khoros Care (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium), Khoros Marketing (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium), Sprinklr Social + Messaging Suite

Hootsuite Technical Details