Hootsuite Reviews

Richard Chen | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 30, 2014

You get what you pay for

We use HootSuite Free to initially examine the cross-social media postings and activities of a client. It is too bad of a UI to use as an enterprise edition and too limited in analytics to use as a true client solution but you get what you pay for and it's a very low cost ($0, no setup fee) way to start getting a grip on a client's state of affairs in social media. Its popularity makes it a good initial sell for research purposes before we move to a solution which both has a better UI and has a more client-specific features (namely in reporting and analytics where HootSuite suffers in, perhaps as it's meant for management). HootSuite Free is also useful for increasing activity on clients' social channels at the lowest price just to get the client to feel confident about their social media activity rate before moving onto a more fully featured service. Pro ($14.99/mo) is required for any useful feature so Free is obviously only intended to get users to pay. We use it only on new clients who have naive or no social media experience. We ultimately usher them to mostly SproutSocial (most clients, small to mid) or Percolate (big, corporate clients).
  • Web-brower based (no more Adobe Air, thankfully)
  • Very fast setup
  • Free means no payment or client billing needed
  • Widely known so easy to sell clients on it
  • The original in social media management remains useable, relevant
  • Reports are overviews only thus user needs to pay for anything more thus condemning HootSuite Free to management only
  • Publisher, Conversations & Analytics in Free do nothing without Pro payment, so remove it
  • Far slower stream updates than native platforms
  • Questionable security (2FA not defaulted = problem) given sensitive nature of its associated credentials
  • Apps are many & seem useful but no ratings for the developers disallows vetting trust
Useful only during beginning of contract at the lowest cost level (free) just to build the client relationship, for clients who're unwilling to pay even $14.99/mo to have us work on their social media. Typical clients are thinking about it but need that additional push by convincing them we're capable of handling the social media workload. Lack of reports and analytics means we must confine our resulting recommendations to verbal and descriptive rather than with numbers and more advanced tagging/categorization.
Read Richard Chen's full review
Kelly Rates | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 20, 2014

HootSuite ... more like Hoot SWEET!

As a business consultant I provide social media services, meaning my clients can completely outsource their social media management to me or there's the option that I could train them in the program if I believe it's a good fit. So far I have only been in the first scenario, and this program makes the job of social media management almost effortless. With the Pro account, I can have as many social accounts as I want, and I manage a LOT. I have tabs for my personal, my own business,and my clients. All of those have about 5+ social platforms that I have integrated with HootSuite. So that's a lot of social media accounts organized in one place. For someone like me, it's definitely the way to go. For an independent user just using 1 business with 5 platforms, the free version would suffice, in my opinion.
  • The dashboard - has a very easy interface that lets you customize what you see. I use a different tab for each business/client and then within those tabs, different streams from the various platforms. For example: Facebook stream next to the Twitter stream, and those are easily clicked and dragged around, added and removed.
  • Letting you schedule posts ahead of time and simultaneously - If I had to do every social post individually I would definitely not be providing this service. This is an area that I feel really gives me a competitive advantage because it saves me time, but by charging a monthly fee for my services I am not punished on my invoices for the efficiency. For example, if I read an article that I want to share, I can click all the accounts I want to share it on and schedule it to post Monday at 9AM next week in one click.
  • I like that it sends me weekly emails with quick stats so I can see which posts did the best and any new followers I gained in the week. Although it is easy to change your email preferences, I have never found HootSuite to be spammy. They only send me emails related to my accounts and I appreciate not being showed a bunch of partner offers or anything like that!
  • I use Firefox as my web browser, and there are times when I can't fully see everything I need to see, but that can be fixed by zooming out so it's not the biggest deal.
  • I have the Pro version, not enterprise. I feel like pro is the best value for me. With that being said, I wish I could get some of the cooler features that I'm sure the next level up get. I have very low overhead for my business, I don't pay for a lot. So me paying for this program is a pretty big deal. There are times I wish I had more. I tried to build a custom report, but found out it was going to charge me extra for it, so I didn't follow through with it.
  • Analytics wise I wish it would give me more. I'm not sure if there are more analytical options available to the next paid level up. I would really love to be able to do more streams of trends and account activity, and again make reporting easier. To show one of my clients monthly reports, I give them exported PDFs of Google Analytics and also a spreadsheet that I make from Facebook insights. It would be SO ideal if I could make a nice report in HootSuite that covered all of the platforms, especially those that don't provide analytics themselves, like Google+ and Twitter.
  • To elaborate on the stream of trends, right now I can set up queries, for example on my personal account I have a saved Twitter search where I have a feed of the keywords "free screening" and "Seattle" so I can find free movie screenings in my area. Great life hack. I but for my Physical Therapy client for example I wish I could have a stream that showed me related keywords that were hot at the moment, popular articles for the industry, that kind of thing. I'm not sure if competitors to HootSuite provide that kind of insight, but it would be ideal for me.
It's important to know how many platforms and accounts you're going to be dealing with. For an individual or very small business that is going to be using 5 or less platforms [say they only have Facebook and Twitter] then the free version would work just fine. For a huge corporation that may have hundreds of users on various platforms, you'd need to go the next level up. Pro is just right for me. I can say for a fellow consultant, it's the best way to go. If you're a little tech savvy and enjoy social media, it's a great choice. However, if you're the kind of person who really does not want to mess with social media but you think this will make it better - you're better off outsourcing to someone like me, because although it makes the posting easier, you still need to invest the time to create content, be engaging, and browse around what's popular in your industry. This program won't take away the need to really dive in and give it 100%. It's like the printer, not the designer.
Read Kelly Rates's full review
Mike Tomita | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 07, 2014

Great for teams of any size

We are using HootSuite in several team across our marketing department, as well as our customer support department. It helps us monitor and respond to questions, complaints, or mentions in real-time allowing us to join relevant conversations or address customer issues at the speed that social media users expect.
  • Ease of use is a big strength for us. Getting new users up to speed on using the product is very quick and we don't need to spend a lot of time on training or support.
  • The Assignments are great, especially when you have multiple handles for different departments. Being able to assign post responses between marketing and support, with notes, and resolve them when handled helps us make sure nothing gets overlooked.
  • The ability to create discrete "teams" with associated permissions allows us to give control of our international profiles to those regional team without risking any cross posting.
  • In the publisher view it would be great to be able to add placeholder items with a certain status that wouldn't post it until approved.
  • I would really the ability to track any links and not just the ow.ly shortened links.
HootSuite Enterprise is particularly well suited for companies with multiple handles or profiles for different departments or international audiences. The team features and workflow make it very easy for companies with multiple people monitoring and posting to social media channels to work together seamlessly.
Read Mike Tomita's full review
Michael Landauer | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 18, 2014

Getting organized

• Helps organizations keep their social media operations organized. For example, we manage dozens of streams from 15 different teams. It is kind of a mess. But Hootsuite makes sense of it all.
  • It creates easily shared reports to help you track growth and performance.
  • It makes scheduling and posting on social media easier, especially through use of the Hootlet.
  • I wish the reports were a little more robust and allowed more post-post tagging. For example, I wish we could go back and tag several posts then pull them into a report to look at how they did.
  • I wish the follower data was a lot more extensive. If I could afford SocialBro, I would get it. I want to be able to parse my audience more quickly to learn different things about them and also to be able to target messages more precisely.
  • I wish we could schedule shares. Here's what I mean. We have sub-accounts and we schedule posts to them. But I wish I could tell HS to go share that post when it is posted ...
Make sure that, internally, you know who will help you make this a success before you get started. Decide up front how you will organize your teams.
Read Michael Landauer's full review
Nathan Holmes | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 18, 2014

Great tool for our simple, multi brand social media needs

We, the marketing department, use HootSuite Free to manage our social media accounts for multiple brands. HootSuite Free enables us to monitor who's interacting with our brands on social media, engage with others on social media, and share helpful content for our audience. There are two of us who monitor and contribute daily. A few others use periodically. So it's great to have one place for all our users to go to for social media management.
  • HootSuite enables us to view multiple streams for our social channels from one page. This helps us see who's reaching out to us, what's being said about us, and what we're saying from one view.
  • While we prefer to be in real time for tweets, scheduling helps us have a more global reach with Twitter. It enables us to schedule posts during times our global audiences are at work, when we typically couldn't Tweet.
  • We really like how HootSuite shares who posted what for our accounts. It gives us a better picture of who's sharing what and when.
  • A general problem with Twitter as well with anything else online is spam. Being able to filter through spam would be nice for tracking keywords we're interested in.
  • Displaying pictures inline like the Twitter stream does now would be great. But not a must have feature.
  • The analytics reporting could be a little easier to use. I imagine it's more helpful with a paid subscription.
I think HootSuite Free is a great tool for individuals or groups who are looking to manage one or multiple social media accounts online. I haven't looked at any other tools for managing social media accounts but I haven't had to because HootSuite Free does exactly what we need. If you are looking for a simple way to manage multiple social accounts, I think HootSuite is a great tool for you.
Read Nathan Holmes's full review
Igors Skute | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 13, 2014

HootSuite as one of the leading Social Media management platforms

• Effective overview of Social Media environment thanks to the well-developed dashboard and customization options.
  • Good tracking & monitoring capabilities thanks to the simplicity of adding required data (tweet) streams.
  • Easy-to-use communication capabilties. The highly intuitive HootSuite dashboard makes it very easy for users to publish new content, and reply to other users, on various different platforms, e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn.
  • Integrated link shortener.
  • Effective & customized KPI reports that offer good first overview of business performance with an additional option to integrate your Google Analytics account.
  • Competitor analysis could be improved in the future. At the moment, HootSuite is lacking superior capabilities around tracking competitor performance.
  • Access to historical data is rather limited, but this is a common issue for most of the tools in this category.
HootSuite is a social media management system for businesses and organizations, and it does a great job of helping you to effectively manage your social media presence across different platforms, and develop your online community. The tool offers you adequate customization options and strong support. HootSuite is famous for its HootSuite University program that helps you maximize ROI. If you are unsure how to boost and benefit from your social media activity and are considering social media management technology, it is definitely worth signing up for a free trial of the HootSuite platform to see what it can do.
Read Igors Skute's full review
Jeremy Webb | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 12, 2014

Why Hootsuite is our social media Swiss Army Knife

HootSuite Pro is our multi client, multi social network management tool. It allows us to complete all the day to day social media management tasks, easily and quickly. The multi user and delegation aspects make it easy to divide up workload.
  • Awesome on every device. Hootsuite is as easy and efficient to use on a phone as it is on the desktop.
  • Very efficient interface for handling multiple clients and networks. The tabs and streams navigation are intuitive and slick.
  • Solid monitoring tools for reputation management and outreach
  • Good reporting features
  • Pricing is a bit steep for reporting.
  • World prefer if the app versions had an option to automatically sync with my desktop tabs and streams.
HootSuite Pro is excellent for quick, easy day to day social media management. Less good for in depth social media monitoring beyond Tweet discovery.
Read Jeremy Webb's full review
January 11, 2018

Fantastic social scheduling tool

As a marketing agency that offers social media management services, Hootsuite was used to manage and schedule social posts across Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for both the agency itself and for several clients. Several people used the account - it was most useful for scheduling and reviewing posts ahead of time, and the deck to see what activity was happening on your profiles was also very useful.
  • Scheduling - easy to see what is being scheduled at what time and across which platforms. Reliable too.
  • Good dashboard, customisable feeds (like Tweet deck, but across all social platforms) to monitor multiple streams in one place.
  • Good team management so multiple people can use it.
  • Can review scheduled posts before they are sent out.
  • Sometimes a preview is not entirely true/detailed. e.g. when you schedule a twitter post, you can't see what image it will automatically pull through. This means that sometimes it doesn't pull through anything and you have a grey broken link icon next to your tweet which does not look professional!
  • It can take a while to upload images - slow loading time.
  • Have had problems when scheduling LinkedIn posts - sometimes doesn't pull link through properly (runs into the text next to it, even when on a new line) and have had instances when images haven't pulled through either.
It's really great for social scheduling - especially if you have lots of accounts you're managing, so is good for agency use. Beware though - you need to ensure that you send the right post from the right channel or you may end up sending another client's tweet from a different social profile (easily done.)
Laura Cain | TrustRadius Reviewer

HootSuite Review -

We use it in various capacities - as the Marketing Manager, I handle all internal marketing for the company, so I use Hootsuite to manage our Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+ Accounts. Various other members of our company also use Hootsuite to manage social media for clients. Hootsuite is helpful for us so that we can set aside a certain amount of time a week to plan and schedule our social media ahead of time.
  • You can very easily tailor Hootsuite to your specific needs. You can set up specific Streams to show what you're going to be using most often, like Twitter Stream, any mentions from your Twitter, new Followers, etc.
  • Based on the streams that you choose to set up, Hootsuite can help you remain extremely organized - you are able to see everything you need on one page, and can get a great snapshot of everything going on on your social networks with one glance.
  • HootSuite Pro definitely has some restrictions regarding Analytics - there is very little insight that you can gain unless you have HootSuite Enterprise, and even then data is somewhat limited. While you can get Analytics via the specific social media channels themselves, it would be helpful for even some very basic data to become a little more robust.
  • Sometimes certain aspects within HootSuite don't function at 100%. For example, sometimes when trying to imbed pictures in a Facebook post, certain options won't come up and you have to post directly within Facebook to choose the picture you want.
It may depend on what kind of topics you wish to post on social media - if you're focusing on breaking news and things that are very time sensitive, HootSuite might not be for you. If you want to push out content (whether it's interesting things you've found on the web, or your own blog posts) HootSuite works well for this, as it's a great way to plan out your social media calendar for the day, week, or even month.
Read Laura Cain's full review
Gregg Oldring | TrustRadius Reviewer

Saves us time

• Very easy to publish content to social media sites. We post mainly to Twitter, but also to LinkedIn, Google+ and, to a lesser extent, Facebook.
  • Scheduling of posts. We schedule posts several days in advance which is very efficient and saves a lot of time.
  • Real time reporting. We like to track metrics like which content is being re-tweeted / shared, etc. The reporting is a canned report in the form of a PDF which is great for sharing with others. However, I would much prefer to have a real-time view.
Read Gregg Oldring's full review
Lindsey Wilson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Great Time Saver!

HootSuite Pro was being used only by our Marketing team to update all of our Social Media platforms, at the time we had 4 different platforms. We used this mostly every day to update all of our platforms at 1 time, this really saved us some time. We also liked the scheduling tool, this was great for when we were out of the office or for weekend posts!
  • Being able to post to all of our Social Media platforms at 1 time. Huge time saver!
  • Scheduling out our posts was my favorite feature by far. It was great and really went along with our marketing automation system.
  • Simple to use.
  • The overall look and functionality of the home page could have been better.
I think HootSuite Pro is great for all scenarios. You can pick and choose which platforms you want to post on and which ones you do not want to post on. And once again the scheduling feature makes everything so much easier!
Read Lindsey Wilson's full review
Sid Haas | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 17, 2014

Hootsuite: Good to Start With, but Not the Best Solution for Our Needs

We used HootSuite previously to manage social media sites for LKCS and some of our clients. We used it to publish content to a variety of social media sites and monitor social media activity. It was being used by account representatives and our web development department. There were only about 5 individuals that used it regularly.
  • Scheduling social media content
  • Publishing social media content on supported social media sites
  • Ensuring Twitter posts are under the character limit and do not get cut off.
  • HootSuite only allows one account to attach to a social media profile. This is a problem. We had customers that wanted to use the free version of HootSuite while we also used HootSuite for them. We also had situations where a social media site was already connected to HootSuite but client's didn't know who had ever established a HootSuite account or how to get control of it.
  • We found the user access permissions very difficult. They were not intuitive or user friendly. HootSuite only enables you to create one organization. Then we ended up with numerous social media teams, with each team having different profiles. It was difficult to juggle.
  • We found the monitoring to be overly time consuming. We would still have to review activity for each social profile individually, instead of being able to look at one pain of glass. We wanted a way to easily filter out the posts/comments that needed our attention. We didn't feel HootSuite did this as well as other tools.
If you can use the free version of the tool, use it. If you need the paid version, my recommendation would be to look at other tools -- especially if you are an agency managing social media for multiple clients. HootSuite is big player in the industry, but I personally don't feel it's the best solution.
Read Sid Haas's full review
Kyle Harms | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 07, 2014

Hootsuite Enterprise is a big hit!

HootSuite Enterprise is used everyday at Tourism Jasper and is the core of all of our online interactions. HootSuite Enterprise has assisted our small team at Tourism Jasper be more engaged with visitors and potential visitors. Social Media is the root of our online/digital marketing efforts and HootSuite has allowed us to be an industry leader in the social media landscape.
  • Being able to search through the noise and find relevant conversations happening surrounding Jasper.
  • Managing online/digital campaigns through one easy to use platform.
  • Access to the Hootsuite app directory which allows us to be more engaged with consumers.
  • HootSuites Apps are not available on mobile so if you are working remotely you don't have access. Its not a major problem but it can be a nuisance.
HootSuite Enterprise has been great for connecting our many different teams: media, travel trade and business development as well as our consumer marketing team.
Read Kyle Harms's full review
Mike Garland | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 16, 2014

Thoughts on HootSuite Pro

We monitor the manage and monitor the social activities of our clients who don't have HubSpot. It helps consolidate management of multiple social sites and gives good analytics.
  • Posts to linkedin - personal and groups
  • Creates tweets quickly
  • Adds short URL easily
  • Lots of trouble with Hootlet - the little app that is supposed to let you share directly from the browser - for me, with Chrome, it is buggy in several ways
For us HootSuite Pro is better with smaller clients for whom a more robust inbound marketing platform is too expensive.
Read Mike Garland's full review
Philippe Santerre | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 12, 2014

Best in class, but need to focus on ad campaign management

We are using Hootsuite Entreprise for managing users multiple business lines within the company. Access management to the multiple social networks with different levels of permission is the main issue.
  • Schedule publishing
  • Access management for multiple users
  • Cross platforms analytics
  • Partnership with some major players like LinkedIn
  • Advertising management, with Twitter especially
  • More integration with the apps partner, as part of the integral solution. The optimal use of Hootsuite is still very fragmented.
HootSuite Enterprise is great for multiple users, and multiple social networks accounts. It needs improvement on the ads management side with partners.
Read Philippe Santerre's full review
Scott Hornsby | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 11, 2014

Hootsuite - Social Management made easy

At Local World we use HootSuite to manage our 400+ social media networks for posting, engagement, social insights and search. All departments have access including editorial, marketing and promotions to ensure that our customer service level is at its premium and that we can manage our brands with ease.
  • The ability to manage multiple social accounts on one screen
  • Quick fire engagement, crisis management and content search
  • Due to our large organisation, group reports have to be done in batches of 20, meaning multiple downloads and copy and pasting
  • Top tweets or conversation based on reach or engagement around a geocode would add to its functionality
If you want a product that gives you complete assurance over brand management then whether you're a small or large business, HootSuite Enterprise is for you. If working with teams across different locations, the ability to assign tasks or jobs to specific teams helps the business delegate appropriately.
Read Scott Hornsby's full review
Nicolette Rivera | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 01, 2014

HootSuite's Effectiveness

• It schedules tweets very well and provides very thorough analytics data. However, they need to improve their abilities to schedule posts to other networking sites.
  • It doesn't do a great job of scheduling posts for sites other than Twitter.
  • Other than Twitter, posts tend to have less impact and aren't created the way you imagine.
Be sure to have a strategy in mind when using Hootsuite. Their scheduling tool is very useful when trying to get an understanding of what you have planned. When you analyze Twitter I suggest you look at both your growth in following, but how people are engaging with what you post. I recently have begun scheduling Google+ posts through Hootsuite and find the quality is pretty good.
Read Nicolette Rivera's full review
Robert Evans | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 20, 2014

Great product for those that aren't social media experts.

I used the Free version for my personal account and it did a great job of letting me manage my Twitter account, however was limited in many of the functions of the pro version such as managing multiple accounts. Overall it's a basic introduction of the Pro version, which is a better option if you need to schedule posts on multiple social platforms and more importantly seeing reports.
  • Twitter Posts
  • Seeing multiple social feeds in one place.
  • At first glance it looks like its easy enough to see all your feeds, but gets a little much, Sometimes the U/I was overwhelming to me compared to competitors.
HootSuite Free is well suited to manage multiple accounts.
Read Robert Evans's full review
October 09, 2017

Great product, great people

We use Hootsuite Enterprise in order for our PR, social media, and communications teams to collaborate globally.
  • Hootsuite does a great job of listening to their customers. Their account reps are great and always keep us in the loop of the product roadmap.
  • Hootsuite is always striving to improve their product.
  • Hootsuite makes it easy to switch back and forth between profiles, accounts, and users.
  • Hootsuite has some bugs, nothing huge, but a few things that impact workflow. Slow loading times, streams that won't connect, etc.
Hootsuite is great for managing multiple profiles or using social media on behalf of other people or organizations. It's not always great for testing different social media functionalities, Facebook posting, or Instagram posting.
Charles Heidrick | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 15, 2014

Hootsuite Pro Augments Social Media Engagement

I have used HootSuite Pro to engage, monitor, and analyze the social media presence of a large healthcare company. I helped establish the social media accounts at my former company and HootSuite Pro was the perfect tool to help me keep track of everything going on during a day to day basis. I planned weeks ahead of time what type of posts I wanted to make and which accounts I wanted to use for the posts to make the largest impact. The analytics built into HootSuite really helped me understand which posts received the most feedback. HootSuite Pro is a great strategic social media planning tool.
  • Helpful for strategic planning
  • Provided effective analytic tools
  • Accesible interface
  • HootSuite requires that you use ow.ly url shorteners
  • Hootsuite can be expensive for teams with multiple users
  • Additional Hootsuite analytic pages are expensive
Hootsuite Pro is especially helpful if the client has multiple lines of business or communication channels that need to be constantly monitored.
Read Charles Heidrick's full review
Sarah McKagen | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 13, 2014

Excellent tool that should be taken advantage of!

• Hootsuite is great for scheduling social media posts! It makes it much easier for finding all of your content at once and setting it to post at a consistent time.
  • Hootsuite helps keep those people in charge of social media content organized.
  • Hootsuite is a great tool for helping broaden a company's presence on social media because you can manage and schedule your posts on one easy-to-use platform.
  • I have not used Hootsuite in about a year because I no longer work in social media so this problem might be resolved already, but I remember when I was using it that when scheduling Facebook posts, there was no way to tag a specific company or person in the post. If you wanted to tag, say, a restaurant, you could not just put an @ sign before it like if you were actually posting through Facebook. This would be a great improvement if it has not been made already!
Just be aware of what platforms it supports and make sure they fit your needs.
Read Sarah McKagen's full review
Ryan Brouk | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 11, 2014

Definition of Social Media Management: Hootsuite Enterprise

I used Hootsuite Enterprise at my previous job . At the time when I first started, we did not have many social media accounts so my first role was to talk with the academic advisors of the major programs our school offered and see what they would like to be shared within the social media accounts. I had to do research on different social media management platforms and Hootsuite Enterprise was the one that I recommended to our directors which they should use. We presented to the board the positives of using Hootsuite and they ended up approving the use of this tool. It was my job then to learn how to use this on my own and help input around 10-15 new social media accounts within Hootsuite. Hootsuite is being used by the academic advisors for the school to help post useful information to studends, alumni, and perspective students as well the general public.It helped address the problem of reaching out to a larger body of potential students, current students, and alumni. It allowed us to communicate quicker and more proficiently to everyone that reached out to us.
  • Organizes all your social media accounts very well (majority of people who use Hootsuite manage multiple platforms so this tool is great to use because it allows an easy flow between accounts).
  • The interface is very user friendly, but you have to be willing to take risks and see what works for you and what doesn't (it looks a bit frightening at first with all the different options to choose but Hootsuite provides great videos and tutorials to help you discover great ways of helping those using your social media accounts).
  • It saves time ( instead of having multiple tabs open, Hootsuite lets you see more than one account open at the same time).
  • Because we are in an age where digital media is taking the world by storm, it would be even more helpful to create tutorials that are easier to understand for those not used to dealing with social media. Training those who have not really used social media to learn hootsuite can be hard at points.
  • The main desktop of Hootsuite has so many great options and tabs, but it sometimes feels a little daunting with so many buttons to choose from.
  • Many business would benefit from Hootsuite, but in order to get the maximum benefit out of it, it will cost you a pretty penny so it can hurt small business who would like to use Hootsuite. Possibly adding more features in the free version would help.
  • Make the analytics portion cheaper to buy reports. It can get very expensive for those wanting weekly reports of their data. Maybe include more offers in the free hootsuite version.
Well suited for businesses that need to mange more than 4 or 5 social media accounts. Hootsuite does a great job of organizing the accounts. It would be less appropriate for small business that only use 2 or 3 social media accounts. It can get very expensive for those wanting to generate analytic reports weekly and even monthly so small businesses may have a harder time with getting those produced.
Read Ryan Brouk's full review
Laura Cyrek | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 15, 2013

Great tool with a simple UI... But I prefer to pass.

• Scheduling of posts are great with Hootsuite. Incredible easy to use interface with the option to receive an email when the post goes live. You can also choose the option to have the platform post the content when it calculates your audience is most active. The scheduling function is probably one of Hootsuite's leading features.
  • Streams are easy to navigate; simple but insightful. I never used them much so it's hard for me to judge. The Twitter Search option within streams is great for social listening as well as industry trend observation.
  • Overall navigation. Hootsuite is designed well; the left panel is everything you need for daily Hootsuite use. I haven't dug into the HelpDesk too much, but from my experience, it's quite comprehensive and useful.
  • When posting content on Facebook, a user can insert a URL, wait for the preview to appear, then delete the URL, and the preview will remain. This makes Facebook posts more aesthetically pleasing. When posting URLs on Facebook via Hootsuite, the program sometimes fails to omit the URL (even when checking the option), leaving an ugly ow.ly link in the post. Gets on my nerves. Hootsuite just needs to work to make FB posts easier on the eyes.
  • It's difficult to figure out how to upload more than one image in a post (I just click the gray area next to the thumbnail of the first image).
  • When linking your personal Facebook page to Hootsuite, WHYYY does Hootsuite request so much information? It's a little excessive.
In terms of social media management tools, I have no hesitation to recommend Hootsuite. I think it's a great product with a very user friendly interface. Personally, I prefer to execute social marketing organically, but I would recommend colleagues take advantage of a trial.
Read Laura Cyrek's full review
Ryan Nolan | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 04, 2013

Hootsuite Enterprise Review

• Hootsuite Enterprise has a very user-friendly dashboard. It's easy to learn how to navigate around and figure out how to manage accounts on your own.
  • Hootsuite academy is an excellent resource for finding out how to optimize your accounts. After reading up on a few learning sessions, I was able to provide rich insights to the clients about their brand and social presence.
  • Hootsuite Enterprises analytics are great when it comes to reporting. Customizing reports and having them emailed to myself and the client every week was very helpful.
  • While Hootsuite Enterprise account comes with one-on-one customer support, my team often had to contact our account executive's superior for answers to questions. The account executive would refer us to academy learnings that we're sometimes unrelated to the issue we were experiencing.
Due to the price, I would inform my colleague to research around for other tools.
Read Ryan Nolan's full review
Amos Orr | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 17, 2013

Great for Tracking and Posting

• Send Tweets.
  • Schedule Tweets.
  • Track mentions, hashtags, and followers.
  • Track Facebook messages and submit posts (however third party apps can hurt Facebook ranking).
  • I am not thrilled with the reporting function.
  • Freezes sometimes when I use the Link Shortener.
Read Amos Orr's full review

Boolean keyword searches (68)
Filtering out noise/spam (70)
6.2
Sentiment analysis (63)
6.7
Broad channel coverage (85)
Content planning and scheduling (103)
Audience targeting (78)
Content optimization (83)
Workflow management (87)
Automated routing and prioritization (65)
Customer interaction histories (72)
Bulk actions (78)
Lead generation (49)
Content marketing (80)
Paid media management (51)
6.6
Campaigns and promotions (72)
Twitter (100)
9.4
Facebook (100)
LinkedIn (90)
Google+ (60)
Instagram (82)
Pinterest (49)
YouTube (48)
Campaign success analytics (81)
Real-time tracking (82)
Competitor analysis (57)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (84)
Mobile access (91)

About Hootsuite

Hootsuite aims to help people connect on social media with the communities they live in, the teams they work with, and the brands they love as well as customers who believe in them.

Whether managing a small team or making leap forward to completely transform a social enterprise, Hootsuite presents solutions to help unlock the power of human connection.

The vendor states that Hootsuite is trusted by more than 18 million customers and employees at more than 80 percent of the Fortune 1000. They further provide that Hootsuite's expertise, customer insights at scale, and collaborative ecosystem empowers organizations large and small to strategically grow their brand, business, and customer relationships with social. They invite visitors to learn more, at www.hootsuite.com.

Hootsuite Features

Listening/monitoring Features
Has featureBoolean keyword searches
Has featureFiltering out noise/spam
Has featureSentiment analysis
Has featureBroad channel coverage
Publishing Features
Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Has featureAudience targeting
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management
Engagement Features
Has featureAutomated routing and prioritization
Has featureCustomer interaction histories
Has featureCampaign success analytics
Has featureReal-time tracking
Has featureCompetitor analysis
Account management Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access

Hootsuite Integrations

Hootsuite Competitors

Conversocial, Sysomos Expion, Falcon.io, Radian6, Sprout Social, MavSocial, ThoughtBuzz, Socialbakers, Khoros Care (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium), Khoros Marketing (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium), Sprinklr

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes