Hootsuite Reviews

July 29, 2016

Good Value, Not Perfect

Pros and Cons

• Management of numerous social media accounts.
  • Simple cross-platform content customization and posting.
  • Team collaboration.
  • Brand and keyword monitoring.
  • Customer service and reputation management.
  • Bulk upload tool is finicky and rarely works properly.
  • Lack of ability to schedule posts for articles and blogs that are not yet live. This is a *huge* inconvenience for our team.
  • For those managing more than 10 social networks, trying to find the correct account from the drop-down menu is tedious. Better organization of multiple accounts, particularly for the same company, would be helpful and time-saving.
  • The Hootlet tool is handy, but is not optimized for smaller screens. It doesn't work properly on laptop or mobile.
Edgar Carpenter | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 26, 2013

HootSuite Review

Pros and Cons

• Features that seem to work well:
  • Monitoring conversations in real time.
  • Scheduling automatic post.
  • Team management.
  • When posting across several platforms their can be considerable delays.
  • At times there are system outages.
Read Edgar Carpenter's full review
Douglas Mauro | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 15, 2013

Save time! Free account works perfectly!

Pros and Cons

• Our primary use case is publishing and we post to various social media sites: Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook, and WordPress.
  • I love the ability to automatically schedule posts in advance. This allows me to build a good cadence of posts. Sometimes we have content for several posts and it's much better to schedule these posts so that there is some elapsed time between each post which allows us to build a steady drumbeat of content.
  • The product gives a nice layout of current social media accounts. When I login, the homepage presents a very clear dashboard containing streams for each social media channel and I can see at a glance things like retweets, mentions etc.
  • Posting to personal WordPress sites. The issue here is that I can post simultaneously to multiple social channels (Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and Facebook) but cannot include WordPress in this group. I have to go to WordPress separately to post. This is an issue for us because our website and blog are built in WordPress and I want to be able to post content to our blog at the same time as posting to other channels. HootSuite is aware of this issue, and is working on it.
  • There is an issue posting images. When we post images (screenshots of new features, etc.) to LinkedIn, it sometimes posts a link to the image instead of the actual image. We have to then go into LinkedIn to fix the problem. This does not appear to be an issue with other channels. Again. HootSuite is aware of the issue and is working on it. This is almost certainly a symptom of having to keep on top of the constantly evolving social channel APIs.
Read Douglas Mauro's full review
Tony Pinto | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 23, 2013

Hootsuite Enterprise for Social Media Agency

Pros and Cons

• Automating the posting of content across various social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, etc.). It would take a very long time to do this manually. We would have to write our own software and figure out the APIs to do this any other way.
  • The reporting didn't work particularly well for our clients' needs. Most of our clients were paying too little to warrant in-depth reporting, so it wasn't really a big issue. There are a lot of great reporting modules that our clients just couldn't take advantage of due to their small size.
  • There is a limit (200) on how "tabs" one user can create. This hasn't yet been an issue but it may end up being one.
  • Not much else. It's solid.
Read Tony Pinto's full review
Becky Gomez | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 25, 2013

Hootsuite Enterprise - my right hand man!

Pros and Cons

• I love how I can schedule my posts in advance. I personally create a calendar that helps me know when posts are supposed to go out, and the scheduling system is very user friendly.
  • I like how you don't have to log in and log out of social media pages (like I used to do - which took so much time) and I can have all streams of my client's pages all on one page.
  • I also love the monthly reports that Hootsuite sends me - telling me exactly how my client social media pages are doing, new likes, reach, etc.
  • I do like the reports section - but their list of types of reports can be a little overwhelming. Sometimes I second guess - is this the right report I need?
Read Becky Gomez's full review
Nick Myers | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 25, 2013

HootSuite - Gets the job done.

Pros and Cons

• Social publishing - Posting to your social profiles is easy and straightforward.
  • Analytics - Their graph builders are very attractive and easily exported for reports.
  • Dashboard- It's great to see everything in one place to keep up with your audience.
  • Mobile App - It has mostly the functionality that their desktop site has which is uncommon in social CRM apps in my experience.
  • Customer Service - They need to have better communication channels for their users. Having to rely on their Twitter handle for answers is not sufficient.
Read Nick Myers's full review
Erik Blair | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 24, 2013

HootSuite Pro Review

Pros and Cons

• Handles multiple accounts and platforms with ease.
  • Reduces my time logging in and out of several accounts and improves my productivity.
  • Sometimes the Twitter API stalls or slows the updating of data.
Read Erik Blair's full review
August 01, 2016

Hootsuite Pro is Recommended for Small Business Organizations and Startups

Pros and Cons

• Our Marketing team is always on the go. It helps that Hootsuite Pro can be accessed with any mobile device so our team can use the tool while they are away from their computers.
  • We get weekly analytic reports via email. Summary reports are very useful so our team is updated on the performance reports of their links and ads.
  • The scheduling feature is helpful so the marketing team can publish posts to social media accounts while not bothering to do it in real time and worry about delays.
  • Thumbnail and summary of post do not show up when posting a single update using the standard scheduler in Hootsuite.
  • In the first week of use, it's easy for users who are not familiar with Hootsuite Pro to get confused with the overwhelming interface. There is many activities that happen in one tab. For those who like simple GUI, this may not be the best option.
  • Adding new team members tend to add up monthly costs a lot. Premium subscriptions also imply increased overall cost for the company.
July 25, 2016

Empower your small to medium sized social team with Hootsuite Pro!

Pros and Cons

• Scheduling Posts - Very easy to use, simple interface allows you to schedule posts across all platforms, without having to be in the actual platform to post.
  • Monitoring - Excellent for monitoring social media channels for keywords or hashtags and then being able to dive into the discussion and respond in any given channel.
  • Reporting - Love how easy it is to compile reports for a client/boss and export to PDF. This makes it simple and easy to do.
  • Price for Hootsuite Pro, when compared to other similar tools (Sprout Social, Buffer, Edgar, etc.) is a bit high.
  • Would love to see an actual integration with Instagram where we can schedule to post from Hootsuite rather than schedule a reminder to post natively in Instagram.
  • Custom URL shortening options would be cool!
July 23, 2016

Hootsuite Pro - Fine for the Price

Pros and Cons

• It's great for real time monitoring and social media listening.
  • The scheduling feature works well, assuming you don't have more than 10-15 messages per day.
  • The interface is relatively simple for new users to master.
  • The analytics component is somewhat lacking and limited.
  • The auto-schedule feature is great in theory. But to be truly effective, you still need to schedule manually. I simply don't trust the tool.
  • The groups and teams feature works when handling multiple accounts. It requires a bit of setup. Block off some time to get it right.
  • The interface is only usable with 4-5 columns. More than that, and things become very cluttered.
  • The default URL shortner is ow.ly, which creates a sub-par experience. Go in and change your shortner to bit.ly.
July 22, 2016

Hootsuite puts all your profiles in one

Pros and Cons

• Scheduling is very useful and comfortable, unlike other tools, in Hootsuite you can easily edit your posts before they get published and add the profiles you want.
  • When you have a few profiles, the streams are perfect, also you can compare between two or more profiles, which is very useful for our company.
  • The app directory is great! You have so much apps in your directory, the YouTube one is specially useful for us.
  • If you manage five or more profiles, the streams can be confusing. Sometimes there is so much activity it gets overwhelming.
  • It is expensive to add a member to the platform, if you have a team of 4 o 5 people, you think twice before choosing Hootsuite Pro.
  • Reports al also expensive, and they seem very basic.
March 10, 2016

Two Thumbs up Hootsuite Pro

Pros and Cons

• Scheduling tweets! and the ability to edit them easily.
  • It helps us to keep our clients' accounts profiles organized.
  • We love the analytics that come with Pro.
  • If you need multiple analytics reports, you might end up paying a lot.
  • They use Ow.ly to shorten links and while you can upgrade to customize, it's expensive to do so.
March 08, 2016

Seamless, Easy & Efficient

Pros and Cons

• Reporting system is excellent. It extracts relevant and useful information in a visually appealing manner.
  • Dashboard is seamless and easy to use
  • Easy to schedule posts and monitor engagement
  • Expensive custom URL shortners
  • Expensive tool to use in general - esp. for small businesses
July 23, 2015

Learn How to Be a Excellent Social Media Manager with Hootsuite

• Customer Service
  • Listening Streams
  • Education
  • Date range of analytics needs to be more than 7 days at a time.
  • Haven't been able to attach an image using IE for more than 3 wks. (Chrome works great, though.)
  • Aggregate of engagement activity would be great
November 11, 2015

HootSuite and Social Media Marketing

Pros and Cons

• Post simultaneously to multiple sites
  • Schedule posts
  • Manage multiple sites
  • There was a time when linked posts were very difficult to manage, but it was resolved within a few weeks
November 04, 2014

Almost does it all!

Pros and Cons

• I've never once had a post not send or send in an incorrect format. Incredibly reliable.
  • Editing is very easy, which is a HUGE plus because sometimes I find other content I'd rather share earlier than a post already scheduled and Hootsuite Free makes it easy to just go back and change the time.
  • I like how, with Twitter handles, it recognizes ones you've used before.
  • I've had a lot of issues with linking Google+ to HootSuite. I don't know if that's only included with the paid subscription or what but It is kind of inconvenient not being able to schedule those posts as well.
  • I really don't have any other issues with HootSuite Free.
October 24, 2014

Helps Our Very Social Business Connect

• Schedules social media posts
  • Provides follower listening tools
  • Customizable organizational tools
  • Biggest complaint: photos don't show when you schedule tweets, you have to click on a link to view them
  • Tweets using hootsuite have that owl next to them, so our followers can tell we're scheduling things in advance.
  • Using an @mention on facebook doesn't link to the account, it shows as: "@mention"
November 12, 2013

Help me fully manage tasks within the product

Pros and Cons

• I like the scheduling and editing options for the posts.
  • I like the interface.
  • I'd like to be able to see my Facebook page's home feed, so I can interact with the social circle from the product, similar to the Twitter home feed.
  • I'd like to be able to tag people and pages, using the "@" symbol on Facebook posts, similar to the functionality with Twitter. Most of my Facebook posts, I need to schedule on the Facebook product, not HootSuite.
  • The reporting functionality is only the past 35 days or less. This limits insights into trends within the reports modules. It would be helpful to have a much wider window and trending charts for analysis, rather than having to do it manually. More similar to Google Analytics, perhaps
November 05, 2013

I love Hootsuite

Pros and Cons

• Hootsuite Enterprise is a great platform for managing a team of social media marketers, since you can manage your entire publishing schedule across the board. Everyone logs into one platform, so sharing work and collaborating is very easy between users.
  • Hootsuite is also a great tool to save time working on social media. Since you can schedule posts for the future all at once, across all of your channels, the Hootsuite platform eliminates all of the extra time spent logging in/out of various social media sites, and allows you to work on social media on your time (even if that means 2am), and still get the same results as if you were working on it throughout the day.
  • Hootsuite can be very useful for social listening. You can save twitter searches based on keywords, hashtags, etc, and have them continuously update throughout the day. Using Hootsuite, you will be able to converse with customers more effectively and won't miss any important interactions from your social following!
  • Finally, I love that Hootsuite has an iPad and iPhone app. This helps me manage my social team and individual social posts on the go!
  • I would love to see Hootsuite incorporate technology like Buffer uses currently, where you can read an article, click the browser plugin button, and have the article automatically added to your feed (with posts spaced throughout the day). I rely on both tools to publish throughout the day, and using one platform would be ideal.
  • Sometimes images don't render correctly for Facebook/LinkedIn posts when using Hootsuite, which makes things challenging. I wish that the image preview was more reliable. Hootsuite currently does not offer image preview for LinkedIn (and LinkedIn is notoriously tricky in handling images), so this always makes me nervous.
  • Hootsuite could add a Mac App, like TweetDeck currently has. Sometimes I can't have a browser open all day, so having an app version of the platform would be ideal.
May 31, 2013

Review and recommendation of Hootsuite Enterprise

Pros and Cons

• We use as our primary social media management application. It helps solve need to provide news, alerts and customer service in a team oriented environment on our social channels.
  • This product allows you to manage multiple profiles and networks easily from a single interface. Also allows you to manage worksflows, assignments and schedule messages. Highly integrated allowing you to designate images, choose time/date to post, and select the specific social accounts to post from at once.
  • Hootsuite helps us monitor social media mentions of our company name and allows us to respond to customer service inquiries, provide service interruption updates, share news and thank customers for positive mentions. This management tool streamlines publishing content to multiple social networks Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc..
  • You can only track any click-throughs that have been added from within Hootsuite.

Boolean keyword searches (68)
Filtering out noise/spam (70)
6.2
Sentiment analysis (63)
6.7
Broad channel coverage (85)
Content planning and scheduling (103)
Audience targeting (78)
Content optimization (83)
Workflow management (87)
Automated routing and prioritization (65)
Customer interaction histories (72)
Bulk actions (78)
Lead generation (49)
Content marketing (80)
Paid media management (51)
6.6
Campaigns and promotions (72)
Twitter (100)
9.4
Facebook (100)
LinkedIn (90)
Google+ (60)
Instagram (82)
Pinterest (49)
YouTube (48)
Campaign success analytics (81)
Real-time tracking (82)
Competitor analysis (57)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (84)
Mobile access (91)

About Hootsuite

Hootsuite aims to help people connect on social media with the communities they live in, the teams they work with, and the brands they love as well as customers who believe in them.

Whether managing a small team or making leap forward to completely transform a social enterprise, Hootsuite presents solutions to help unlock the power of human connection.

The vendor states that Hootsuite is trusted by more than 18 million customers and employees at more than 80 percent of the Fortune 1000. They further provide that Hootsuite's expertise, customer insights at scale, and collaborative ecosystem empowers organizations large and small to strategically grow their brand, business, and customer relationships with social. They invite visitors to learn more, at www.hootsuite.com.

Hootsuite Features

Listening/monitoring Features
Has featureBoolean keyword searches
Has featureFiltering out noise/spam
Has featureSentiment analysis
Has featureBroad channel coverage
Publishing Features
Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Has featureAudience targeting
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management
Engagement Features
Has featureAutomated routing and prioritization
Has featureCustomer interaction histories
Has featureCampaign success analytics
Has featureReal-time tracking
Has featureCompetitor analysis
Account management Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access

Hootsuite Integrations

Hootsuite Competitors

Conversocial, Sysomos Expion, Falcon.io, Radian6, Sprout Social, MavSocial, ThoughtBuzz, Socialbakers, Khoros Care (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium), Khoros Marketing (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium), Sprinklr

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes