In turn this features reduce the cost of ownership, and the need of several DBA experts available on 7x24 …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Database security provisions (80)8.383%
- Automated backups (87)8.383%
- Database scalability (84)8.080%
- Monitoring and metrics (84)7.474%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of IBM Cloud Databases, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
List of available databases
IBM Cloud Databases for etcd
IBM Cloud Messages for Rabbit MQ
- Supported: Automatic software patching
- Supported: Database scalability
- Supported: Automated backups
- Supported: Database security provisions
- Supported: Monitoring and metrics
- Supported: Automatic host deployment
- Persistent data storage for microservices
- Fast and easy, but secure, NoSQL storage for integrations and bots
- Quick setup time, great for rapid prototypes which may graduate to real products and should thus start on a firm foundation.
And of course if you want a relational database, Compose isn't for you.
- Saves us time.
- It's a low-cost provider at the entry level, but remains fully-featured and secure.
- Lets devs provision DBs on their own for microservices, allowing them to move faster, safely.
- IBM Cloud Docs
- Ability to check uptime status for IBM Cloud products
- IBM Watson
- App ID
- PostgreSQL as a service, especially with the IBM cloud user documentation
- Cloud foundry and react starters
- Overall, okay.
- IBM Cloud Docs
- IBM Cloud product demos and tutorial videos
- IBM Compose does a good job of addressing Customer Service issues in a timely manner.
- IBM Compose provides automatic backups which has been very useful at times.
- You can't change the names of deployments after they've been created.
- Sometimes you get over-billed due to mistakes, but customer service resolves this when you reach out.
- Compose has gone down from time to time but overall maintains solid uptime.
- I think we've received a positive ROI using IBM Compose. It has been a fairly cost-effective and scalable solution for our database needs, which is why we've stuck with Compose for 3+ years now.