IBM Cloud Foundry

IBM Cloud Foundry Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Yatharth Garg | TrustRadius Reviewer
IBM Cloud Foundry is available always, so it's quite reliable and trustable. This allows us to reduce the number of resources needed in web applications because we do not need to prepare for unavailability or crashes. The scalability allows us to increase or decrease the infrastructure or resource consumption whenever needed. It's very easy to get thread dumps etc., for analysis of the failed instance.
We use the auto-scaling feature of IBM Cloud Foundry to handle the dynamic nature of loads on our systems. We set up scaling rules based on system resource consumption and when the increased load causes the resources to run low, IBM Cloud Foundry will automatically horizontally scale out by creating a new instance of the application, and scale down when the load goes down. When a system crashes due to errors, it is also automatically restarted to reduce downtime.
With IBM Cloud Foundry, we do not need to worry about our applications running out of system resources, as we can simply set up rules for it to automatically scale when usages and demands grow. As the usage goes down, our deployment will also automatically scale back. And should a failure occur, the relevant application instance is also automatically restarted.
Alabi Temitope | TrustRadius Reviewer
IBM Cloud Foundry fault tolerance has helped the firm I work with tremendously inclusive of me, though I make use of my personal account in learning how to configure my NodeJs application - which I learnt in depth each variable assignment in the manifest.yaml file - which its the core file the IBM Cloud Foundry make use of during pushing of application to cloud. I benefited from fault tolerance when I push a project to cloud, which has a setInterval function, which run into infinity loop when I pushed the project to cloud. But the process was not successful and when I make use of the log command I notice that the setInterval is the cause of the issue which I changed to a recursive function with setTimeout, because I want to be switching two components at interval. New developers make silly mistakes during deployment, but due to the robust fault tolerance I often tell them not to panic, but try as much as possible to reach to me so that I can work them through the solution with ease.
January 21, 2020

IBM Cloud Foundry Review

IBM Cloud Foundry is always available. We can rely on it. This allows us to reduce the number of resources needed because we do not need to prepare for unavaiability or crashes. The scalability allows us to increase or decrease the infrastructure or resource consumption whenever needed.
November 20, 2019

IBM CF way to go!

IBM cloud foundry is highly fault tolerant and created instances with high availability in mind. The replication process is simple for migrating the applications from one instance to other. Our org has benefited from this capability. Auto scaling feature is built in part of the PaaS ecosystems. The overall solution is working well for the org.
We have not benefited from this capability. We decided to use Cloud Foundry because of these reasons but have literally had the exact opposite experience. We have not found that is scales well. We have found our auto scaler killing our nodes or nodes going stale and not working. We have received none of the benefits and all of the downside.

IBM Cloud Foundry Scorecard Summary

Platform-as-a-Service (11)
Ease of building user interfaces (9)
Scalability (21)
Platform management overhead (12)
Workflow engine capability (17)
Platform access control (1)
10.0
Services-enabled integration (20)
Development environment creation (19)
Development environment replication (6)
Issue monitoring and notification (8)
5.0
Issue recovery (17)
Upgrades and platform fixes (19)

What is IBM Cloud Foundry?

IBM Cloud Foundry is an IBM version of the open-source platform designed to make it easier and faster to build, test, deploy, and scale applications. Enterprises can now run Cloud Foundry in a public isolated environment, while natively integrating with other IBM Cloud services, such as AI, Blockchain, IoT, and data tools.

Cloud Foundry Enterprise Environment (CFEE) runs on a Kubernetes service, which reduces complexity by giving development teams a comprehensive set of familiar tools under one management umbrella. CFEE allows IT organizations to safeguard their existing investment in Cloud Foundry, while seamlessly bringing in new skill sets that will lead to building apps that provide contemporary customer experiences.

Visit IBM Cloud Foundry's Docs pages for pricing and support information.

IBM Cloud Foundry Features

SaaS Editions Pricing
Pricing DetailsTerms
Community Runtimes$0.07Per GBH

IBM Cloud Foundry Technical Details

Supported Countrieshttps://console.bluemix.net/docs/containers/cs_regions.html#regions-and-zones
Supported LanguagesEnglishEnglish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese/Brazil, Spanish, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional