Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of IBM Digital Analytics, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
IBM acquired Coremetrics in 2010, and has since re-branded the platform to the IBM Digital Marketing Optimization Solution. This cloud-based solution includes IBM Digital Analytics, the core analytical product, as well as several add-on modules, including Benchmark, Product Recommendations, Lifecycle, Multisite, and more. IBM has integrated the Digital Marketing Optimization platform with other solutions, like WebSphere Commerce and Portal for ecommerce, IBM Campaign and Interact (acquired from Unica in 2010) for cross-channel campaign management, IBM Tealeaf (acquired in 2012) for customer experience management, and much more. IBM continues to integrate the Digital Marketing Optimization platform into many other solutions as well, from business intelligence tools, to social media analytics, and more.
IBM Digital Marketing Optimization primarily competes with other enterprise-level digital analytics solutions like Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics, WebTrends, and more.
- E-commerce is Coremetrics' strong point. The solution is very good at reporting for ecomerce sites. For example, it gives excellent data on products purchased and abandoned cart value and other E-commerce statistics. Omniture is perhaps better for more general content browsing statistics, but Coremetrics is the clear leader for E-commerce sites.
- Easy and well documented implementation
- Fast, easy and customizable reporting UI
- Data mining or AdHoc visit-based analysis: All packages provide a way to do a deep dive on data. Usually you will need a custom report to cover something that is not covered out-of-the-box. For example, you might want to know whether more purchases are coming from people using one browser over another. Coremetrics does provide access to the database to build relationships between objects to construct custom reports. though it is possible to build these ad-hoc reports in Coremetrics, it's not that easy. Once you stray outside the standard templated reports, it's not the best solution for creating custom reports.
- Since it's a flat, table-based analytics solution, there are potential table limits which can be reached on large datasets
- Close monitoring of the different marketing online initiatives. Making sure money is well spent.
- Coremetrics enables marketing stakeholders to easily follow and measure the success of their marketing initiatives.
- Track conversion in sales and enables you to test different marketing offers and see the impacts in real $
- Strong and very reliable solution for businesses taking critical marketing decisions based on analytics
Coremetrics is renowed for it's great support and easy implementation which - along with cost - was a deciding factor in many situations.
- Professional services company
- Online training