October 28, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Read this authenticated review
Pros and Cons
- Very reliable in handling data extraction, data transformation and loading
- Flexibility in connecting to different type of databases, relational or non-relational
- Great features such as parallel processing, hash handling, etc.
- You can also take advantage of its FTP functions, and scheduling features if you need to.
- Technical support is a key area IBM should improve for this product. Sometimes our case is assigned to a support engineer and he has no idea of the product or services.
- Provide custom reports for datastage jobs and performance such as job history reports, warning messages or error messages.
- Make it fully compatible with Oracle and users can direct use of Oracle ODBC drivers instead of Data Direct driver. Same for SQL server.