The organization uses the IBM RPA tool to build many functional robots with different characteristics, that are suitable to the sector of …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of IBM Robotic Process Automation, and make your voice heard!
IBM RPA On premises
Platform starter pack, starting at USD 840.00 per month
IBM RPA Software as a service (SaaS)
Platform starter pack, starting at USD 840.00 per month
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Typical RPA benefits include the ability to 1) reduce human error, 2) accelerate time to value, 3) increase throughput, and 4) reduce costs. IBM Robotic Process Automation enables workforce augmentation by performing repetitive tasks, acting on data extracted from unstructured documents, and conversing with intelligent chatbots using text and voice response.
In addition, IBM Robotic Process Automation helps clients apply intelligence to classify and understand content, prioritize tasks, make predictive decisions and apply AI to operational data. Core automation features enable users to manage work along with monitoring and reporting capabilities.
Finally, organizations can accelerate time to value by creating, testing and deploying new automation schemes in hours, instead of days or months.
- Supported: Unattended Bots
- Supported: Attended Bots
- Supported: Intelligent Chatbots
- Supported: Low-code Authoring Tools
- Supported: Concurrent Bot Execution
- Supported: Workload Management
- Supported: Scheduling
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Supported Languages||Brazilian Portuguese, English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish|
- Increases the efficiency of a process
- Increases the security of a process
- Decreases the possibility of errors in a process
- Gives visibility to a process in terms of indicators
- A more optimized web-based control panel
- More intuitive tools related to artificial intelligence
- Better versioning of commands for automation
- All kinds of clicks
- Validations of images
- Database conections
- Handle Errors (Change of context)
- Some terminal commands
- Email Conection (Is pointed like a not safe app, making trouble with some clients)
- Creating chat bots
- It can access to more data
- Clean UI
- Runs safely
- [It needs a] tool for open tabs in browser - [should be able] to do it by clicking XPath of the specific button.
- It's noticeable that it is a new software - buggy at some points.
- HTTP Request doesn't use encoder from added API for Password/Username.
- The breakpoint should be able to be placed in the line to be debugged.
- Resolve captcha
- Interaction with webpages
- Friendly interface
- Easy utilization
- Performance with some process mining
- Reading images
- Difficult to using with Citrix
attentive, quick and resolute
The organization uses the IBM RPA tool to build many functional robots with different characteristics, that are suitable to the sector of the client to whom it is shown. It is being used by a department. The department addresses many business problems. It depends on the client but in general, the ideas are raised and developed with all possible details, using powerful commands that the tool has to reach amazing robots.
- IBM RPA provides almost all the features and commands to do our work faster and more efficiently, the speed and precision of completing a task are really excellent.
- IBM RPA has the ability to integrate with other technologies through the efficient use of selectors.
- The platform is very comfortable and easy to use, you do not need to have strong programming skills. It is just drag and drop actions to develop great automation ideas.
- IBM RPA is a powerful tool for automating many daily tasks, it works well in both assisted and unattended automation processes.
- The updates are faster.
- IBM RPA could have commands to create and process charts.
- IBM RPA could have more commands to process audios and videos, especially to detect the times when certain words appear.
- The launcher could show the chatbots that are developed.
- It could have more commands to process image details such as colors and pixels, among others.
- Add OCR with greater precision, especially for image reading.
- The interface to develop workflows could also improve.
The IBM RPA community has been very useful. Small problems and doubts have been solved with the greatest professionalism, in the shortest possible time, by experts of the tool. It is a very interactive space and you always find the answers to your questions before posting them. You can also find many ways to solve doubts or a specific problem.
- Interaction with the browser
- Run debug
- System Vault
- Own script language
- The record function
- Scheduler and launcher impossibility of stopping an execution
- Commands, explanations, and examples
- Data entry and retrieval
- Multi-application working platform
- Error- handling
- It would have been cool, if you can code in different languages for the same bot.
- Scheduling and running few programs is difficult.
- Accuracy and precision for a bulk data.
It can be widely used for application purposes for jobs and colleges.
It is well suited for a well-data-managed and equipped environment.
It is least suited for transactions that include complexity.
It is not preferred for programming a bot with multiple language protocols.
- Out-of-box IBM chat bot functionality is great. I was able to implement it with very minimal coding effort.
- Out-of-box SMTP connectivity, email reader including attachment is also nice functionality that help to automate lot of support monitoring activities.
- Out-of-box plugins for SQL server was also really nice and helped us to quickly configure our database connectivity.
- I was challenged to implement IVR functionality with IBM RPA.
- Machine Learning Integration
- Scripting Function
- Easy sharing of scripts
- Training possibilities
- Bugs because it is still quite new
- Documentation provided functional examples for each API
- IDE to develop the script is adequate
- Chrome integration works well
- Script execution is speedy
- I couldn't figure out a way to execute REST call to 3rd party rest API. Or maybe it's not fully supported, I remember I couldn't include file in the payload.
- I think a way to fully disassemble web page elements would make it easier for user to find the element they are looking for.
- Google drive integration doesn't seem to work consistently.
- It is a low code tool. We just built our first bot within 2 weeks with learning from scratch.
- It has chatbot, IVR, scheduling capability. RPA script can be called as a http call.
- It can easily automate UI manual work and has [a] record option which automatically generates the required codes.
- It can easily integrate with REST, SOAP service, DB, mail server.
- Can read CSV, files and also easily write in files, CSV.
- It has error handling capability, but I feel that can be improved.
- Logging can be possible with file write. In build logging capabilities will be very helpful.
- Integrated chat bot
- Interactive voice response
- Concurrent bot execution
- Manage the robotics environment
- Ease of deployment
- Stability could be better
- Very much easy to use
- Not very much programming knowledge is required
- Good integration components
- Installation and on-prem setup is difficult
- Lacking support community
- Lacking templates for very common business problems
- The only RPA in the world that can run multiple bots on the same machine.
- Very strong reporting tool.
- Due to it is different development approach, it is faster than other RPA's.
- Can solve Captcha & Recaptcha
- Task discovery
- Linux for client machine
- Ability to run fully functional on a remote server
- The user Interface is intuitive in comparison with other similar products. It doesn't take long to figure out how to add actions to a script and get running quickly with some basic robots.
- The product appears mature with a large feature set. This is important to keep implementation costs low by offering features out-of-the-box without the need for custom components (email integration, special API usage, etc).
- The recorder option for navigating web pages is very useful. It doesn't require programming ability and works well.
- Error messages can be cryptic and there is a steep learning curve to debugging.
- The installation process could have some steps that are automated such as the SQL database creation.
- Low Code Platform
- Web Orchestration
- Multitude of base actions which can be leveraged to build complex bots
- UI could be updated to look less like scripts and more like a flowchart.
- Recording tool is not always accurate.
- [RPA] development through scripting
- Task recording
- Workflow handling
- It cannot deal with complex conditions within if statement. For instance, it is not possible to mix Ands and Ors in the same conditional statement.
- It is not pissible to import text files into Studio and interpret their conents as rpa script. To do so, it is necessary to ope Studio and copy paste the content of an external file into a new wal file.
- It is not possible to use the recorder on actions happened within Studio.
- ATS machines
- Code analysis
- Detecting error
- Online judge
- Code completion
- Product analysis
- Low code environment helped team to acquire skill and implement solutions easily.
- Lot of useful connectors which can be leveraged just by doing configurations only make them easy to use.
- Proper documentation of each of the connector and the IBM RPA tool is of great help.
- The chat bot model to include intent and entity based conversation.
- We have observed many times tool gets crashed while working on it, due to changes are lost as well.
- Html navigation
- excel interaction
- email utilization
- captcha resolving
- AI assist
- It has its own programming language
- Courses for beginner partners in the tool
- Possibility to develop DLLs as medabots
- More than 500 tasks for automation
- Difficulty of implementing the Control Room
- Debugging difficulty
- Extract data from web tables.
- Process data from CSV files.
- Database manipulation.
- Extract data from image(OCR).
- Installation wizard.
- IBM uses the Automation Anywhere tool that is the market leader in RPA.
- The tool is very simple to learn.
- Have courses for partners who help in developing skills with the tool.
- It has more than 500 types of tasks available for use.
- Installing and configuring the Control Room is complicated.
- Token problems cause the Control Room to drop in 5 minutes if packets are lost.
- The debugging mode of the tool is not very well optimized, making it necessary to resort to other types of tasks to do it.