Reviews (1-25 of 61)
- Cloud-based video recording.
- Reliable transmission of video, resulting in ease of starting a broadcast (more important than you think) and a clear and smooth picture.
- Ability to save recordings, organize them, share them, and send them to other online video services.
- The user interface is pretty good, but it definitely needs some improvements to help organize videos better, and request online restoration of videos that have been taken offline.
- As far as I can tell, new features haven't been added since UStream was acquired by IBM. It seems like development has been paused, or focused on back-end improvements that we as users simply don't see. Would like to see some new improvements being made, especially at this price point.
- Incredible customer service.
- Reliable streaming platform.
- Lots of customizable features.
- Ability to host multiple shows or channels under a single account.
- Bring back an in house software package.
- Easier access to credentials to integrate streaming within other apps.
- Cross platform sharing to YouTube or other organizations supported.
- IBM Cloud Video's metrics are phenomenal. They allow us to gauge participation in our online presence, as well as chart virtual attendance trends throughout the year.
- Ustream transcodes well; it looks great across most any device that can access it.
- Ustream has been extraordinarily stable, and when we did have technical issues, they have been very responsive.
- I wish the metrics allowed to see unique viewers on an hour by hour basis.
- I wish Ustream allowed the user to rewind during a live broadcast.
- I would like the call to action controls to be more accessible for those of us without much coding experience.
- Scalability - I don't ever have to worry if a session we are broadcasting takes off and attracts unexpected large audience. The system keeps everyone watching and is seamless.
- Streamlined - with the available Producer app, pushing video and monitoring the outgoing content is simple. The ability to have channels that are for different types of content helps us get people to the right place.
- Metrics - our evaluations of live events benefits from the viewer information we are able to glean. This helps us focus marketing for future public events.
- Publishing - the lack of ongoing support for the Producer app is one issue, while there are good alternatives, we have different users and sometimes as many as 3 channels in use the same day, having the Producer app, allows our different teams easier access without hardware or software concerns.
- Channel Image Updating - it can be a little frustrating to update the off air or channel icons. This part of the backend system seems to just require a couple attempts many times before the update become visible.
- Use for internal and external webcast broadcast.
- Financial year end results
- Training / Speech / Talks
- Tech forum
- Easy video streaming setup.
- Various streaming connection (to Facebook, Youtube etc) available.
- Wirecast software is easy to use and takes minimum setting up.
- For Ustream registration, it would be easier if we can customized on the default login requirements (name, company, job title etc etc) to whatever inputs the organizer requires for registration.
- Ability to change the fonts in the webpage. Currently, we are unable to do that.
- Too much space on the Ustream webpage not fully utilized.
IBM Watson Media - Video Streaming Review: "Overall Ustream is a solid easy-to-use streaming service"
- Easy to implement
- Easy to use
- Fairly reliable
- At the time I was using Ustream, there was no way to have an integrated chatroom. We had to use a separate app for that. Obviously integrated would be better.
- We were limited to 1,000 viewers at a time.
- Registrants had to return to the email or landing page and click the link on the day of the webinar to view it. No way to capture registrations beforehand and email the link on the day of within UStream.
- The Ustream view ship tracking gives us detailed information of how many people are watching and from where. This helps my organization recognize trends in our international viewership and respond accordingly.
- Ustream allows us to monitor and maintain multiple channels and streams at the same time. This important to my organization as we often translate our main broadcasts into multiple languages.
- Ustream has maintained a 99% percent uptime during the length of our contract. This is comforting considering we stream at odd hours and over the weekend.
- Our viewership often requests an audio only option of the livestream. This helps them remain connected while traveling but not eat up their data plans.
- Recent bugs in the tracking tools have caused a disparity in the concurrent viewership graph versus the current viewer live counter. I'm not sure which is accurate, but I need to know the correct number.
- Recent increase in their customer base has caused increased wait time in receiving downloads of our broadcasts. This can range from a few minutes to a few hours. This is more of minor annoyance that a deal breaker.
- Ustream is easy to deploy and manage in 24/7 video streaming scenarios. The analytics module has been helpful to provide feedback to sales and marketing teams about the success of event campaigns. The live content works everywhere with no interruptions and we have received a lot of positive feedback from viewers about there hight quality of the video playback.
- Offline playlists are a powerful and unique feature of the Ustream platform. When our headend is down, we love the fact that Ustream continues playback of programmed content to keep viewers engaged until while we work on returning service. This workflow also works well to support one-time live events such as pre-game shows.
- Channel management is easy and offers a lot of powerful options. After the success of the 24/7 CTV live video broadcast, the station manager for KCSU wanted to set up a live video broadcast DJ channel. I was able to set up a new channel and configure a camera encoder in the booth in less than a day.
- Live chat and social stream interactions are also a helpful feature. I have worked with our academic program managers to provide live feedback from online students during lesson events. Providing support for both broadcast and classroom needs speaks to the flexibility of the platform.
- Ustream is simple to manage, but I would like to see improved user data management. It would be great to allow users to sign up for premium features (such as chat or other services) so we can get a better idea of who's watching. It would also be handy to manage analytics as "event data sets." For example, a live event would include a data set. Then when the event is used for on demand purposes, a separate data set would be created. This way, I can isolate data sets without concerns over deleting anything or including erroneous outliers.
- Another feature I'd like to see is an option for adding "content resources" that can be included with the video player embed. This would help in situations where I want to deliver an audio version of the content, expand a description of the content (in the form of a simple paragraph or mini-blog entry), or just add additional files that users can download and print to use along with the video.
- I would also like see poll and quizzing options. This would probably work best with a registration system to keep track of specific interaction. Interacting with the audience is key to building better viewing habits and understanding who's watching and why.
- Excellent reliability - as long as you have a good upstream bandwidth, Ustream is exceptionally stable and glitch-free.
- The service works with a wide array of software and encoding methods. We use Telestream Wirecast with excellent results.
- We worked with Ustream engineers to develop a custom fall-back solution when the events were over, so live content was playing even when we were off air from the shows.
- Price - we are not a huge organization and only broadcast for 6-7 months out of the year. The annual plan with quarterly payments is helpful, but a plan that offered a more granular fee structure would be beneficial for us.
- Better embed options for social media.
I do not see it as a good alternative to Skype, Zoom, GoTo Meeting, etc.
IBM Watson Media - Video Streaming Review: "Appreciate the present but looking forward to the future."
- The platform delivers high quality video and quickly transitions the resolution in cases where ABR may be needed.
- We are pleased with the custom support available to us. We ask for functionality and the engineering team provides.
- The ease of use of the interface on the IBM Cloud Video (UStream) website is great. I enjoy the simple approach they have taken.
- Selectable multiple audio tracks.
- More in depth metrics for analytics.
- Selectable multi-language caption support.
- Polling, and chat overlay ability. The current setup takes up space on a webpage and does not give you the option to overlay the chat and polling on the video.
- Medium / large or massive conferences.
- Medium / large classes.
- Important events that need performance and quality.
- Customized security for published videos that must be private.
- Very small events, classes or conferences that don't have a lot of public [audiences].
IBM Watson Media - Video Streaming Review: "Looking for a high quality broadcast? Ustream works great!"
- Tech support.
- Ease of use.
- Multiple methods of streaming. you don't have to use just a single method. There are plenty of options for getting your content up and online.
- Metrics. Ustream has good general metrics. But to get deep, very precise metrics is unavailable.
- More control of Q&A and chat functions. Currently you can turn them on and off. But, there are no ways of configuring these to make them look exactly as you'd like. There are a couple templates, but it would be nice to have full control of the view in order that it fits perfectly into your theme.
IBM Watson Media - Video Streaming Review: "IBM Cloud Video as Convention Viewing/Library experience"
- Uptime, load and performance robustness.
- Fast development team and detailed understanding of business requirements/user needs.
- Great user experience and digital product. Our customers loved it.
- Not many. Some features had to be custom built. Some should have been native to the platform.
IBM Watson Media - Video Streaming Review: "IBM Cloud Video is great with a few exceptions for those looking for internal streaming."
- Multiple channel pages
- Password protection
- 1080p streaming on mobile and desktop
- eCDN is too expensive.
- Allow file upload larger than 4GB. This is particularly applicable when I need to re-upload videos longer than 1 hour.
We also stream video with this configuration as an outside broadcast from any localization which has an internet connection (ethernet or mobile).
I think I can say that we are forerunners here in Poland in using this type of service...other companies call me to get a review.
- Reliability - it is very high. We didn't observe any problems with this field.
- Parametrization capabilities - we can configure basically anything that we need.
- Price - actually the price is lower than Wowza or Nadaje.com here in Poland.
- Storage space - it is a very good functionality because when our video hardware crashes with a recording, we have an online copy from the provided storage space in our Ustream account.
- Storage space could have a quota limit exceed notification send via e-mail or SMS even.
- Easy to access recordings
- Easy to publish recorded content
- Ease of use in connecting outside platforms to receive streams
- Ease of use of admin interface
- Higher bandwidth recordings
- Easier downloads--say over FTP
- Increased viewing metrics
- SSO integration
- Audio and Video Quality
- Cross Platform compatibility
- Sometimes the delay becomes an issue, but this is not unique to Ustream.
- Service is somewhat expensive.
- Is it Ustream or is it IBM Cloud Video? This can be a little confusing for some people.
IBM Watson Media - Video Streaming Review: "IBM is awesome for internal broadcasts even a novice can get to an amazing standard with their platform"
- Ease of use ; continually improving user platform
- One easy upload when streaming rather than sending a multi-version up like some people have to, IBM has taken the hard work out of the streaming element leaving me to concentrate on the quality of the audio and video, the experience for the viewers and satisfaction.
- Scott Grizzle is a legend. Also Jose Velenquez without both of whom, when we were first looking at IBM Cloud made it possible for us to trial before we bought this was instrumental in getting it signed off.
- Get the UK support team set up ASAP, I know you are getting one set up but this should be done. What's already a big selling point for your competitors is tech support in GMT hours or local to the country of the account holders' territory.
- You should be offering suggestions for redundancy of network. So offer an encoder that has let our 4g bundled to negate fears of upload issues for users.
- Recommend suppliers for a kit not just recommended hardware. If I could I'd set up a training facility and travel around to your new customers and teach them how to stream.
- IBM Cloud Video has an extremely reliable platform.
- The service scales well for larger clients.
- The customer service support is outstanding.
- Better closed captioning support
- Detailed noticed on change of player functions and/or features
- It always works.
- As our event starts trending, it helps share that we are live - and helps us gain new followers.
- I love that we can post the video to our YouTube channel with a click of a button!
- As this is an online product with virtually no need for customer service (at least for us) the pro-broadcasting could be less expensive.
- When you trim a video on Ustream then post it to YouTube, it uploads the entire session, not just the desired trimmed portion (frustrating).
- Bonuses or coupon codes for faithful clients - we spend nearly $1k a month for live streaming that we use for 3-5 days/month. There are less expensive options and my tech team would prefer to use a different platform just so our budget would have $12K to put to a new sound board, computers, cameras... etc.
- Easy integration with existing encoders like Wowza
- Simple, adaptive player
- Simple to publish to a large audience
- Hard to secure videos.
- Channel-based architecture and cost structure make it difficult to implement corporate-wide; limited ability to create customized channels for each department without incurring significant cost.
- Lacking webinar-type features like integrated desktop sharing and input from SIP and H.323 endpoints.
- Easy of use
- Cost. The current options of CDN and hosting are ever increasing. For UStream to be a viable choice pricing structures will need to be reduced
- Link producers to clients. Because we are a sports broadcasting network much of our work occurs in the evenings and weekends, During the weekdays we have unused production and streaming capacity that could be used to help corporation get involved with streaming and Ustream
- Crisp HD clarity
- Easy to use
IBM Watson Media - Video Streaming Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About IBM Watson Media - Video Streaming
Ustream, now part of IBM Cloud Video, provides an enterprise video platform for
creating, storing, managing, broadcasting and measuring the impact of live and
recorded streaming video.
There are two enterprise editions:
- IBM Cloud Video Streaming Manager (Ustream Pro Broadcast)
- IBM Cloud Video Streaming Manager for Enterprise (Ustream Align)
Both enterprise editions include storage, event support,
custom branding, content management, multi-user accounts, and real-time
Streaming Manager, an external video solution, powers video content for large audiences. It offers scalability for massive viewership using the SD-CDN, a software defined content delivery network built with QoS (Quality of Service) in mind to reliably deliver video. Lead generation and individual prospect tracking help build lead funnels, while chat and social platform integrations greatly expand the reach of your content. The optional LiveAd offering enables you to reach your prospective audience by placing live video ad units on the websites they frequent, driving increased visibility and views.
Streaming Manager for Enterprise, an internal video solution, secures video assets for employee use. It can restrict content access through Single Sign-On (SSO) and using existing corporate directories. Individual viewer tracking measures engagement on a per video or viewer basis to determine asset ROI and records viewing time and completions for compliance training.
IBM Watson Media - Video Streaming Integrations
IBM Watson Media - Video Streaming Competitors
IBM Watson Media - Video Streaming Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|Managed Event Support|
IBM Watson Media - Video Streaming Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|