Reviews (1-25 of 123)
- It allows us to stream without special equipment. We mainly use our phones.
- The quality of the videos is amazing and I love the fact that videos auto-save and you can download and edit them for later.
- The program allows you to create playlists so that we can stream on our online channel 24/7
- I'd like the option to be able to upload the videos directly to Vimeo.
- The download speed could be faster.
- The program is great and was perfect for what we needed.
IBM’s video streaming service is cost-effective for us since we are such a small congregation. We are able to use open-source free products to support our video stream, making this a uniquely accessible approach to a service that is of primary importance to our mission statement.
- This service allows multiple viewers to either set up a free, ongoing account or watch anonymously without getting an account.
- Whether or not the viewer logs into an account or views anonymously, they can participate in the chat room, another feature of IBM’s software. Here, one can ask questions, make comments, and ask for technical support. Our webcasting team also uses this chat room feature to manage/test technical details related to webcast quality and other specific settings for the stream (I.e., sound, image, camera focus, etc.).
- The ability to auto-record is another useful feature for us. The company offers a generous 1000 hours of recorded content per month, which is more than enough for our roughly 4 hours of streaming per week on average. This makes it possible to save an entire year of worship and study time for playback.
- Occasionally, we experience a form of static that lasts for about 1 to 2 minutes. It appears in the live stream and in the auto-recorded file, but not in the live worship assembly. It occurs roughly 1 in every 4 hours of webcast time. I wish there was a way to trace the source of that recurring static. The diagnostic tools could be more robust.
- It would be nice if the chat room allowed a user photo/avatar for each user to personalize that a little more.
- I have wished for a way that an admin could use a “laser pointer” on the video window to point out something on the feed that other live viewers could see.
- It would be wonderful to have a mini-tutorial for viewers who are not technically savvy that would inform them of how to get to the site and explain how they can use the software. For example, how they can see and type in the chat room, how to maximize the screen and make it smaller. Some of our viewers are in nursing homes or otherwise limited in capability to learn to use this on their own.
- Ease of use.
- Flexibility of using different streaming software.
- Great interface for viewers with no extra work.
- Occasionally, I've had issues with losing connection, making it impossible to stream.
- Metrics can be a little confusing to find accurate viewer numbers.
- The web interface can make finding certain things like chat windows difficult to find.
- It's great at hosting large amount of streamers at once. We reach upwards of 5,000 at a time.
- The stream adjusts to the device the user is using.
- Placing information in the stream is very easy.
- I would like for it to approve its capabilities with connecting to social media.
- The streaming platform is easy to navigate from the back end. It does not take extensive training for someone to step in as a video live stream producer.
- I like the functionality to create numerous channels to stream and host varying content.
- Although the platform has the capability to produce a complicated stream with a lot of moving parts, it is also user-friendly enough for an iPhone user to set up a simple stream on his or her phone very easily.
- When using a Remote Desktop source, it is very hard to connect the computer's audio to the stream. It has never worked well for us. And we have often had to use the audio from the room itself as opposed to directly from the computer.
- The chat feature can be more natively integrated into the video source (chats could be overlayed on the video itself as opposed to the side). It would make the interaction more prominent.
- The video editor could be significantly improved. It would be nice to be able to clip more than just the beginning and the end of a recorded video (i.e. if you want to clip a 10 second section from the middle of the video, you need to export the entire recording, import the file into a video editor, edit the video there, export the video out of the video editor, and then import the new file back into the Ustream channel).
- Stream and record significant events.
- Stream and record staff events and meetings.
- Stream events with moderately priced equipment.
- Better opportunities to stream using wireless connections.
- Simpler user interface.
- Low cost hardware requirement
- Low cost subscription model
- Easy to use
- Automated subtitling included in subscription
- More generous streaming capacity included in standard package
- Better online video management tools - I discovered very old videos were being stored without my knowledge
There is no obvious security, so confidential data cannot be streamed using this service.
For a "quick and dirty" solution, this works well.
- It makes video streaming extremely simple. Anyone with basic computer skills can set it up.
- It is very reasonably priced and the service is much more reliable than free options.
- The quality is good.
- A few have complained about the audio quality, but I am not sure that this is an IBM Watson issue. It may be a microphone problem or an issue with users' speakers.
- I would like the system to be more compatible with Chromebooks. The audio was unacceptable when I used my Chromebook for live streaming, but good when I used my Mac.
- I'd like the silver plan to include more user hours.
- Streams high-quality video and audio.
- Shows multiple feeds (camera and screen share) in the same view.
- Quickly change video sources to participant testing sessions.
- Sometimes bandwidth causes video quality to become very low.
- Once set up, very easy to start/stop streams
- Review saves streams, editing information
- Sharing saved streams with others
- Easy way to save streams and download later
- I do not like the free version going away. It allowed us to keep streams available when we aren't live streaming (once a year).
- Allow editing of multiple stream information (like the name).
- Time stamp feature - saves time during review
- Split screen view - great feature that shows the minutes or the agenda in a split screen view with the livestream video
- Easy to schedule live stream events - one click on the agenda build page schedules an event in YouTube
- It would be great to have the ability to pause the livestream event and then resume again. Currently you can only start/stop the event on YouTube.
- The 'show video' tab for entering time stamps on the minutes page would be more user-friendly if the video window was larger. Currently it either a very small window that is un-scaleable, or full screen mode.
- A default option to always have the 'show timestamps' button clicked for every set of minutes, so the user doesn't have to remember to click that option every time minutes are done.
- It is reliable.
- Customer support is readily available.
- The quality of our broadcasts are favorable by our viewers.
- It fits our needs and we have not found any limitations to the platform
- More flexible billing options would be great.
- USTREAM is ideal for providing HD video streaming capabilities to multiple-platforms to include personal websites.
- Their system or GUI is easy to use and allows the flexibility and customization for any organization big or small.
- The system allows you to edit video in real-time by utilizing their trimming feature which will allow an organization to create new video and post/publish it with ease.
- USTREAM struggles in rendering the video for download purposes in real-time. The average render time based on our experience is 24 hrs.
- USTREAM would be beneficially if it could add features to stream to multi-platforms with ease, for example, like, ReStream.
- Clear picture and sound
- Option for live chat
- Replay of published videos
- I find there is a lag in the broadcast so that as I ask my viewers questions, their answers come 30 seconds to 2 minutes delayed. I realize part of this could be internet connection speed, but I have a good service that is fast for all other functions.
- Very few issues with connectivity to the servers. I think in the 10 years we have used it, we only had one case where the service was down. Can't say that for our sister church that uses Facebook. Seems to be one event per quarter with them.
- The ability to trim the video down to remove extra content from the live broadcast. Would be nice if we could trim out elements in the middle.
- Nice analytics.
- Wide range of methods to get the servers.
- The ability to edit or trim out content in the middle of the recording. The Trim feature is great for removing content from the beginning and end, nothing for the middle. If we could have in/out markers to put on the timeline, that would direct the player to only play those segments between the in/out markers.
- I can't say it does anything particularly well now, except pass the buck and make excuses as to why their stuff doesn't work.
- Videos are "jerky." Audio and video are out of synch.
- Videos uploaded to YouTube now do not have any audio. They blame this on us, but our created product has not changed.
- Videos that are downloaded are often unuseable because they are so far out of synch that it is distracting.
- Customer Service's standard response is, "We've contacted engineering." Engineering never answers.
- Recording as we are streaming
- Provides recorded service for later viewing
- Ubiquitous presence for our live services as well as archived services
- Currently we are served well with the resources that are provided.
- The video quality is very good.
- It's good with broadcasting and streaming.
- The sound quality was good.
- The pricing was a little too high.
- Areas with low bandwidth had problems with sound.
- Support about the product is lacking.
- Clear video stream
- Useful metrics
- Ability to edit videos in the archive
- Ability to auto-caption videos is a great new feature
- Love the Call to Action option, but it is distracting to have up the whole time; wish there was a way to choose when/how long it is up.
- Sometimes support questions take a long time to get answered/solved.
- We aren't notified of changes to the software which causes things like our website integration to get unexpectedly broken.
- Cost is pretty high.
IBM Watson Media's Video Streaming Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About IBM Watson Media's Video Streaming
IBM Watson Media (formerly IBM Cloud Video) provides an enterprise video solution, powered by Watson AI, for
creating, storing, managing, broadcasting and measuring the impact of live and
There are two editions:
- IBM Enterprise Video Streaming (private or internal corporate communications)
- IBM Video Streaming (external events and monetized video streaming)
Both editions include storage, event support, custom branding, content management, multi-user accounts, and real-time analytics. Both are powered by IBM Watson AI for automatic speech to text conversion and automated closed captioning.
IBM Enterprise Video Streaming is an internal video solution that secures video assets for employee use (typically access via single sign-on/corporate directories). Individual viewer tracking measures engagement on a per video or viewer basis. This solution is often used in conjunction with IBM's Enterprise Content Delivery Network (ECDN) offering which does stream splitting and edge caching to help protect the corporate network from the strain of video going across the network.
IBM Video Streaming, an external video solution with optional monetization option, powers video streaming for large
external audiences. It offers scalability for massive viewership using the SD-CDN, a software
defined content delivery network built with QoS (Quality of Service) in mind to
reliably deliver video.
IBM Watson Media's Video Streaming Screenshots
IBM Watson Media's Video Streaming Integrations
IBM Watson Media's Video Streaming Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Video Streaming edition is available for purchase via credit card online (or via IBM salesperson if needs exceed those outlined in the online plans): https://video.ibm.com/platform/plans Enterprise Video Streaming edition must be purchased from an IBM salesperson: https://info.video.ibm.com/IBM-Watson-Media-Contact.html
IBM Watson Media's Video Streaming Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||15%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||50%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||35%|
IBM Watson Media's Video Streaming Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|Managed Event Support|
IBM Watson Media's Video Streaming Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|