Reviews (1-10 of 10)
October 19, 2017
Score 6 out of 10
We use iDashboards Enterprise Suite for our BI/Data biz tool. Our Reporting department owns the product for the organization, but it is used by all functional groups. We use iDashboards for KPIs, data visualization, process monitoring and so on... We have been using the product for about 2.5 years. It provides us a place to publish organizational scorecards and business intelligence efforts.
Read Cory Herring's full review
iDashboards is a good data biz tool, but it is lacking some features of its larger competitors like Tableau and PowerBI.
We use iDashboards for our KPI and strategic goals dashboards. We also have dashboards for our recruitment and admissions offices and instructional areas. Our dashboards are used campus wide. It addresses our need for at our fingertips data.
- Gives great visuals
- Has a wide range of choices in types of charts
- Works with multiple types of data from ODS connections to Excel spreadsheets
- Their customer service is exceptional
- Ability to change font styles and colors
- Ability to shift text angles on pie charts
Read Laura Manahan's full review
iDashboards is well suited for any institution, in my opinion. It is very easy to use and doesn't require an IT background to succeed in using it. It doesn't have the robust analytics pieces like some other software packages, but it is great for anyone who needs to get their data from the report into a visual.
October 17, 2016
iDashboards is being used across the organization. It addresses standard KPIs as well as live data flow. The tool allows us to monitor data across the various departments.
- Ease of use to create dashboards
- Ability to integrate from a multitude of data sources
Read Sheila Seal's full review
iDashboards can integrate and display data from multiple data sources. You can use cascading filters. The ability to filter user access by category and cost center is great.
November 11, 2015
Score 9 out of 10
iDashboards is used by Marketing, Sales, Accounting, HR, Client Services, Finance, and most important of all our CEO is using it for making important decisions. Each departments are using their iDashbaord reports for decision making or performance monitoring.
- The different type of report templates and drill down functionalities which provides a clear vision and presentation of the key information.
- With my strong database back ground and knowledge, it does not require much of training for mastering the basic of the product.
- The end users love the results of iDashboards functionalities. (Good story teller)
- Quick report creation time.
- The drill down function can only drill down to one specific chart. Would like to see if it can drill down to different charts based on the input parameters.
Read Teresa Wan's full review
A key issue to consider is: What are the key elements needed during the creation process?
November 04, 2014
Score 8 out of 10
iDashboards is being used to perfect new presentations of financial information to our Boards (we have two, one regular, one for our Foundation). We have designed new Board KPIs via iDashboards to let Board members see where we are at, for different departments. Finance (AR, Budget, and Revenue) is the main user, with Resource Development using iDashboards to track the performance of directors. The main problem it addresses was the need to have clean, easy-to-read reports to present to our Boards and committees.
- Designing a dashboard is easy. In other words, it is fairly easy to make data look really nice!
- Data Analytics. This makes it easy to do calculations on your data (averages, etc.)
- Training and examples: Our introduction to iDashboards was thorough. There are plenty of tutorials as well, plus manuals.
- Excel is better at customizing a graph. In iDashboards, you can't change the font size of legends. You can't swap axes. You can't manipulate the data labels (you can't move them independently.)
- Printing a dashboard is not easy. To get the best result, you have to screenshot your dashboard and crop/paste it into a Word document to print. And HOW you screenshot it is important, or you will lose sharpness.
- The data analytics iDashboards uses are wonderful. HOWEVER, there is not enough documentation on this specific topic. We are forever hearing them say, "Oh, here's a function you can use; it's not in our manuals, though". Well, why not? There needs to be a cheat-sheet of all their functions, formulas, and macros.
- For most graphs, you have control over using axis labels or not. However, for some graph types, you don't. We need to have that control.
- For some graphs, you can select to have the graph ignore zero values; meaning, they will not show up on the graph. However, for some graph types you can't. Again, we need to have that control.
Read Tracey Tatum's full review
You need to make sure that iDashboards will be able to connect to your databases you want to use. Working with an Excel spreadsheet is easy. However, one reason iDashboards was selected was the need to have a single source for all our presentations. After 6 months, we are just now getting connected to our main database.
September 10, 2014
iDashboards replaced the annual manual Fact Book development process with an automated dashboard that draws data directly from the student information system and delivers information on demand through an online interface.
- Efficiency and time-saving
- Data on demand and current
- Online tool for monitoring higher education key performance indicators
- More ready-made graphic templates
- A one-page sheet for important functions and uses
- More attention to higher education key indicators
Read Henry Codjoe's full review
iDashboards is well suited for an office environment or organization with fewer personnel and resources. Its efficiency allows for less "man" hours. In terms of selection, the primary key question during process was cost, great tech support service, and efficiency. About where it may be less appropriate, it will be an office where information production, consumption, and dissemination is not a priority.
November 04, 2014
Score 7 out of 10
We have a CRM that is very manual and does not provide any dashboards whatsoever. Idashboards provides a bridge to that gap to look at the state of our business in several capacities, from marketing lead generation and conversions all the way to the forecasting for our schools. It allows us to look at things from different angles in a rapid fashion in order to make improvements and address problems as needed.
- As long as the creator of the dashboard keeps the user experience in mind, it is very intuitive for end users.
- Dashboard creation and chart creation is relatively easy and can be as robust as needed.
- Drilldown features are strong and can be linked within dashboards.
- User management is very easy from an administrative standpoint.
- Relatively low limit on the data sources (10 MB). For companies that want to intertwine a lot of data, this could prove problematic.
- Anything that is beyond some basic yes/no questions can be cumbersome in terms of set up--programming is something that is needed.
- Because it is not set up as a direct link to any CRM, this tends to make iDashboards isolated and non-relational.
Read Tim Gossett's full review
It would be wise to ask about the creation of dashboards and charts in terms of the "BI" or "analytics" portion. What iDashboards shows you during demos is very slick, but I would ask to see the "how" behind it to get a full understanding as to how complex some of these items can be to create. Likewise, be deliberate prior to the conversation as to the things you want to see and ask those questions very specifically.
July 18, 2014
At our institution, the office of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, Planning, & Assessment (IERPA) uses the product to generate business intelligence/strategic planning dashboards which are made available to all employees via the guest user account and to specific employees using the named user licenses. IERPA administers the product and is responsible for creation and maintenance of all dashboards. We have created dashboards that display enrollment, completion, and assessment data for the college.
- iDashboards is one of the most user-friendly products I have used. The learning curve is very short for this software. However, that does not diminish the capabilities of the product in any way. The analytics available are robust for a dashboard software, and with the real-time analytics module dashboard creators can perform calculations in the software itself as opposed to in the data source. Users can create visual displays of data very quickly and there are many options from which to choose.
- The ability to use multiple data sources is a key benefit of this software. We utilize excel files as well as our Oracle database for our current dashboards. The software used ODBC to connect to our database and we can utilize stored procedures or create custom SQL queries to pull and display data.
- The upgrades that are provided (we began with 7.0 and have upgraded through 7.5 and 8.0) have included features that are directly useful for the dashboard creators which I feel speaks highly for the company. I have found the new features very beneficial and they have further reduced the time it takes to create production ready displays.
- In the future, I would like to see iDashboards include the ability to display unstructured data such as text analysis or word/phrase maps/clouds. Also, integration of data from websites would be useful (e.g. from the college's social network sites).
- As an administrator for the product at our campus, I would like to see improved formatting of the administration interface.
Read Holly Chason's full review
When considering the purchase of iDashboards I suggest you be very clear about your needs because I believe the real-time analytics, reporting features, and real-time alerts features require different licensing levels. The company is very forthright, but it is good practice to clearly state the features and number of named users your organization needs so that appropriate pricing quotes can be given.
October 27, 2016
We're using iDashboards across our entire organization for all departments. We're addressing financial, operations, human resources, safety and employee performance. The major problem that iDashboards resolves: allowing all levels of the corporation to get a clear understanding of the numbers via pictures. The graphs and user interface allow the user to "see" exactly where they stand. The flexibility to put this information into the appropriate departments' hands allows them to drill down and see exactly what they need/want.
- Visual impact on the numbers really hits home with all levels of employees.
- The drill down ability - to go from a large general picture down to the details is priceless.
- As a programmer I would love to have more options for complex queries.
Read this authenticated review
iDashboards Enterprise Suite is well suited to keep everyone in the company up to date on their divisions' performance in real time.
July 08, 2015
Score 9 out of 10
We implement and support iDashboards for our customers to use as a business analytics dashboard. Quick and easy delivery of sales, inventory and AR data with highly customizable graphs, interactivity, drill down and filtering capabilities.
- Wizards for creating charts and dashboards
- Excellent support and training tools provided via Oskar portal
- Alerts, custom calculations and huge variety of chart formatting options
- Ability to upload Excel data
- Provide basic video training tutorials
- Ability to upload/convert Excel data to non-Windows servers such as Linux or AIX
- Increase the data row limitation
Read this authenticated review
Training is very important, there should be at least one person that is willing to stake ownership of the project and willing to learn how to build additional dashboards and charts.
iDashboards Enterprise Suite Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About iDashboards Enterprise Suite
This web-based dashboard software displays data in real-time from databases, data warehouses, spreadsheets, XML and other data sources in a single location. iDashboards' built-in security framework provides role-based user permissions and access control. iDashboards Enterprise Suite is complete with software to custom build dashboards, perform what-if analytics, enable alerts and generate reports based on the displayed data in a dashboard.
Categories: Business Intelligence (BI)
iDashboards Enterprise Suite Screenshots
iDashboards Enterprise Suite Integrations
Google Analytics, ODBC Compliant Databases, Sharepoint, Salesforce, Facebook
iDashboards Enterprise Suite Competitors
Domo, Tableau, Dundas
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
|Enterprise Suite||Per Seat per Month|
iDashboards Enterprise Suite Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
iDashboards Enterprise Suite Technical Details
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, UNIX|