isolved Reviews

February 20, 2021
We use isolved for all employees at our school. It allows employees to clock in using their phone. It also allows them to look up previous checks, time off and benefit information.
  • isolved time allows our employees to clock in and out on their phone allowing for more accurate time.
  • Employees can login and print their check information. This saves time for them and the school.
  • Employees can request time off through the app which helps in scheduling.
  • The side bar for processing payroll would be better if it were in order of how processing is done.
  • A summary page showing all employees time for a pay period.
Seamless processing using isolved time.
February 06, 2021
Jennifer Karrick | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use isolved for payroll and all payroll related activities. By department (finance). It's incredibly easy to do payroll or get the reports that I need quickly.
  • The reporting absolutely rocks. We got a PPP loan and with the isolved system getting what was required to send to the bank/government went quickly.
  • isolved responds to my requests very timely. I don't ever feel put off by not getting an answer.
  • The isolved software is incredibly easy to work with.
  • When I started we had 1 person to go to for questions and I preferred that method versus getting whoever you get when you call/email a team. Having said that, I understand why you went to this model and I am not having any issues so I guess I shouldn't complain.
I wear a lot of hats as we are a small company. I appreciate that the system is so easy to use to input payroll information and get the reporting I need. I have NEVER had an issue that wasn't resolved quickly and professionally and I truly appreciate it. I think isolved would be a great fit for a company of 1 or 100,000 employees.
Read Jennifer Karrick's full review
February 04, 2021
Currently we use iSolved for payroll only.
  • iSolved is on top of real-time changes in the tax laws giving us peace of mind that it will be accurately done.
  • Having a customer service representative assigned to us means she understands our specific needs and can quickly assist with questions.
  • iSolved continuously upgrades its services and capabilities, but we appreciate not being pressured to add modules until we are ready to do so.
  • Because our employees rarely access iSolved (to their detriment) they seem to find it not very user friendly when they finally try to log in.
We originally were using Proxus, a top-notch local company, which was purchased by iSolved. It remains to be seen if bigger is better.
February 03, 2021
Shellie Straub | TrustRadius Reviewer
For whole organization, payroll, engineering licensing and certifications renewal reminders.
  • Timely support for pay date questions and unique situations.
  • General Ledger set up once that works every time (after review and test).
  • Many reports are available for non-payroll needs such as Workers Comp audit or retirement plan analysis.
  • Report Menu is huge and difficult to navigate because each group has different options.
This platform is more sophisticated and user-friendly than the 3 prior ones we used.
Read Shellie Straub's full review
February 01, 2021
Melissa Gering | TrustRadius Reviewer
The services that we utilize with isolved are payroll, HR, and flex spending. My department manages the employee information for HR-related reasons. Each employee also has access to their Kabel profile to access pay information.
  • Client relations is amazing.
  • Ease of access using the system.
  • Would like to see a little additional assistance when adding new company/locations.
  • Turn around time on non-priority items can be sometimes longer than a few weeks.
It is a great one-stop-shop for all things HR and payroll related.
  • Online training
Occasionally the turn around time for notice resolution can take a few weeks
Yes - yes
Read Melissa Gering's full review
January 31, 2021
iSolved is used throughout the whole organization for employee self-service/time & attendance. The Management team uses it for employee management (payroll, scheduling, time cards, documenting conversations, etc.).
  • There is an abundance of ways to use the software. It is an HRIS rather than only running payroll.
  • There are plenty of reports that can be generated easily.
  • The platform can be customized to your business for automatic items (rounding timecards, vacation, and sick time policies, etc.).
  • Some of the navigation took a while to get used to. For example as a manager, I needed to get used to going into the Employee Self Service section for timecards, time off balances, etc.
  • There was not quite as much customization by role to see certain information for certain classifications of employees compared to other platforms I have used. For example, you could not exclude seeing exempt employee pay to only see non-exempt. It is all or nothing for viewing pay.
It is very customizable, so someone could use it to just run payroll, or they could use it as time & attendance in addition to payroll. They could also use it for electronic employee files instead of keeping everything paper. There are also add ons such as wizards for onboarding, offboarding, benefits.
Diane Hanlon | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use the payroll feature, reports, human resources, and have just added onboarding. It is used by the management team. It has streamlined how we approach payroll/401K, reports, and H.R. Looking forward to the streamlined onboarding process. Creates lots of efficiencies.
  • Once it is set up; it saves lots of time for payroll.
  • Saves times for processing 401K.
  • There are efficiencies in time and attendance platform.
  • Time and attendance rounding issues with people working in 2 departments 2 consecutive shifts, i.e. pharmacy, then room tech, etc.
  • Reporting: It was easier when there was a separate quarterly reporting. We probably have to get used to it as a familiarity thing.
  • Miss the personal touch of calling and talking directly to our rep. Again, probably have to get used to the new process as a familiarity thing.
I have recommended iSolved to a colleague and they are now a client. iSolved (Proxus) set themselves apart from others such as ADP and Paychex because they provided a totally unique personal touch. We felt they would provide us with the customized payroll and human resources programs we needed and be responsive to our calls. A colleague had a small business and was looking for a personal touch. I whole-heartedly recommended Proxus (now iSolved).
Read Diane Hanlon's full review
Amy Mong | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using isolved for payroll, timekeeping, employee benefits, hiring, onboarding, ACA reporting, and COBRA benefits. We also use isolved as a personnel file—attendance, absences, tracking certifications, documents, etc. Isolved has helped us save time and go mainly paperless.
  • Resolving customer concerns/issues/questions.
  • Providing a platform to suit a variety of needs.
  • Training/university
  • Construction time keeping
  • isolved go app— log on issues at times
iSolved has a seamless interface from the hiring of applicants, onboarding, timekeeping, employee documentation, etc. Everything is in one system for me, which I love. I'm not keeping time in one place and then payroll in another, then using a different program for HR. I would say iSolved's biggest strength is the variety of services offered. The site is also very user friendly.
Read Amy Mong's full review
January 29, 2021
Holly Anderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use [isolved] for payroll and human resource management, as well as benefit enrollment. It is used across the entire organization. It helps us to be more environmentally friendly by using less paper, plus it helps supervisors and managers to be more efficient. It makes enrolling employees in our insurance plans very easy.
  • Our isolved support team is great at solving any issues we have very promptly
  • They are always suggesting training and webinars to make sure we are getting the most out of their product
  • It is nice to have everything rolled together in one place instead of having a lot of different programs to manage
  • I don't have any suggestions for improvement at this point!
isolved is great for larger companies who want to have one program that can manage all of their payroll, human resources and time keeping needs in one. It flows together nicely and really does make everything more efficient. If you work for a small business you might not need or want all of the features that isolved provides, but I really think all businesses could benefit from a program like this.
Read Holly Anderson's full review
January 26, 2021
We are currently using isolved to track time and attendance, make employee schedules, payroll, track time off, track CE/education, and we are looking to begin using it for paperless records. We have management using the system over their departments to also track disciplinary actions. All team members log in to clock into the system, request time off and view their schedules.
  • isolved does a great job for new hires, it easily walks you through all necessary paperwork so you do not miss anything.
  • Tracking time off can be completely customized to the rules of your organization. If you allow roll-over hours at the end of the year, the system is smart enough to do it.
  • We use isolved for scheduling and it allows you to copy and paste schedules. This saves so much time when creating new schedules for the team.
  • Time and attendance is separate from the payroll side of things and can be difficult to make changes without going through the system.
  • Payroll processing can be a little difficult to get to know how to in the beginning. I created how to instructions and would have preferred a video to watch.
isolved can be a little bit pricey for companies that are only processing payroll. The system is best suited for companies that are also using the time and attendance modules and benefits modules.
January 25, 2021
Alecia Rowe | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used by the payroll department.
  • Overnight the checks weekly
  • When you call with a question, if they get back with you it takes too long
  • HK handled all garnishments - isolved does not do at all
  • You never speak with the same person twice
For the most part a lot of what I use isolved for is the same as when I dealt with HK - well suited scenario. I have found that isolved requires the client to enter the garnishments - less appropriate - You never speak with the same person - less appropriate - When you call with questions and receive a case number it takes a long time for an answer - less appropriate
Read Alecia Rowe's full review
January 21, 2021
Our organization uses isolved for all our payroll and timekeeping. We also use it for benefit enrollment and tracking. Having everything in one location, with one login has saved me a tremendous amount of time in my day to day tasks. The staff is super friendly and eager to help!
  • Imports time right into payroll
  • Tracks benefit elections and handles deductions
  • Report writer could be easier to navigate
  • Could have a more thorough employee profile
I have not found any areas that isolved is less appropriate
DeAnna Salas | TrustRadius Reviewer
isolved is used as a timesheet, payroll and benefit manger. We are an ambulance service and schedule 24-72 hour shifts which they modified software to work with our company.
  • Time sheet review is easy
  • Payroll process simple
  • No worries on all the tax reports being submitted in a timely manner
  • With benefit feeds for Insurance enrolling and termination is a no brainer
  • Report writing for specific information is tedious
I have found isolved reduce the amount of time that was required and steps that were required to maintain payroll and benefits were reduced by at least 60%
Read DeAnna Salas's full review
Vivian Goff | TrustRadius Reviewer
ECCS utilizes the payroll platform across the company.
  • Reports at your fingertips
  • Customization
  • Access to my Relationship Manager
  • Job Costing for Construction
  • Transistion
I think I would recommend iSolved to most people but I do believe there is more specific construction related software that may better suit those with stringent job costing needs. My needs are met but it is hard to speak to someone, other than my relationship manager, that understands what I am really talking about.
Read Vivian Goff's full review
January 13, 2021
Our practice is currently using isolved for HR, time management, and payroll. We have a small practice of 23 employees and this is the only platform we use.
  • Customer service representatives have been exceptional! All employees are very knowledgeable and can assist with any questions or issues that arise.
  • isolved sends out regular emails keeping you in tune with changes and important accounting reminders throughout the year.
  • isolved's system is very user friendly!
  • Offer multiple options to view hour/time display for time clock employees.
  • Get an isolved app.
Quality and knowledge of isolved employees is exceptional!
January 13, 2021
Samantha Corsi | TrustRadius Reviewer
isolved is used across the entire organization. We have been working with iSolved for almost a year now and it has increased efficiency tremendously when it comes to processing payroll, employee self-service abilities, and the type of reporting that is readily available within the system. For the most part, I have been very satisfied with isolved.
  • Self service
  • Reporting
  • Easy payroll submission
  • Time cards
  • Organization of dashboard headings
  • Ability to alter pending requests in the same screen before approval
Since it's so user friendly, employees do not need much assistance with navigating the site. The biggest downside to isolved is editing timecards. When an employee comes to me or their manager and their timecard needs to be edited, it seems more labor-intensive that it has to be just to edit the times. Frequently, I find myself having to erase the entire day of punches, then individually punch in/out (including paid/unpaid breaks--that's eight punches total per day) in order for the breaks to be calculated correctly. I've been told to not switch over to the spreadsheet version of the timecard either because it makes things more complicated with the way it's designed.
Read Samantha Corsi's full review
January 12, 2021
We are a manufacturing company between 200 and 300 employees. We use isolved for all core HR, payroll, benefits enrollment, onboarding, learning, and their benefit services. We chose the platform back in 2016 based on both the ease of use for our employees and ourselves as administrators. We went from having folders and folders of Excel spreadsheets and a lot of manual work to going paperless and simplifying a lot of our daily processes. It's currently being used by HR and IT for their asset management, training department and our employees through employee self-service.
  • Benefit enrollment and EDI feeds will save you hours and hours of work.
  • If you want to go completely paperless, you have the ability to do so with employee documents, electronic signatures, onboarding and benefit enrollments, etc.
  • The biggest thing they do well is they are always evolving. They listen to your ideas and concerns and it's fun and exciting when you get to see them implemented!
  • We haven't gone live, but their new user interface is awesome for employees (this got rid of the app that was mediocre, so a huge improvement).
  • Payroll processing is super simple and they have all sorts of reports for easy checks and balances and auditing before processing.
  • Have done an awesome job adding tons of dashboards for management tools!
  • Mobile/tablet view for admin users. When you are in a meeting or on the floor and someone asks a question that you could easily find within isolved, it's rather complicated to do so unless you have your laptop with you.
  • The company has grown so the structure of customer service has changed multiple times. They have since gone back to a dedicated rep; however, do not expect same-day replies on emails like they did a few years ago where you would chat back and forth.
  • Employee messaging is a great feature, but too complicated with too many steps to use (there is a huge potential for improvement here).
  • The training university--I understand this might be a pro for some people, but a lot of the trainings are live webinars, which makes it hard to find quick information sometimes. You need to either watch the whole thing or scan through to find what you are looking for, which can be hard during a busy day.
  • Report writer has a lot of features (this should be in the PRO); however, unless you are HRIS savvy, it may be too complicated for the normal HR user to create a more complex report.
  • Data Analytics--would love more real-time analytics around payroll/overtime/costs.
  • Organization Chart--this is usually pretty standard in most HCMs and should be one of the easier things to create in the platform but it lacks this.
I'd recommend isolved to any small and mid-sized organizations. If we were a large company with 700+ employees, it might not be as robust as we would need.
January 08, 2021
We use isolved firm-wide for ~70 employees in two different office locations in different cities within the state of Ohio. We use it as our payroll processing software, time & attendance (TimeForce) for Hourly employees, and also use it for ACA reporting, and FSA administration.
  • The software itself is fairly intuitive and robust with a nice user interface.
  • The general (non-tax) Customer Service is responsive and expedient in addressing issues.
  • The Tax Department to date has been abysmal. Extremely high volume of tax issues with very poor responsiveness and follow-up. Be ready to spend a lot of time following up with them.
  • The integration between TimeForce and isolved could be improved.
  • Given the horrific tax issues, a single point of contact would likely be helpful.
Based on the software itself, my score would be an 8. Based on NON-TAX Customer Service, my score would be a 9. Unfortunately however, the Tax Department gets a negative 10, resulting in an overall score of 3 (at best.)
January 08, 2021
Kimber Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a small company and isolved is our payroll/HR software. It is used for our whole organization. It has made payroll and benefits so much easier to administer. I have used many payroll software companies over the past 20 years and it is by far the most user friendly.
  • I can see everything before I process, making it easy to catch any mistakes.
  • I can preview, make corrections, and then preview again as many times as I need.
  • Report writing is not complicated.
  • Our company's taxes have been submitted incorrectly a couple of times; however they always make the corrections at their expense.
  • Employees have access to their paystubs and W-2's online. If an employee moves to a new computer they can not sign in unless I reset their account. There should be a way that they can prove who they are and use other computers.
I have used ADP, Ceridian, and Paychecks. isolved meets my needs much better and makes payroll and benefits less of a chore. Everything is done in real time. If I make a change, I can see the results of it immediately. This saves a lot of extra time. When I call in to ask questions, the team is always willing to walk you through each step.
Read Kimber Johnson's full review
December 29, 2020
Alisa Reece | TrustRadius Reviewer
At our practice, isolved is used daily by all of our staff. It is very user friendly and simplifies so much. Processing payroll is so easy and problem free. I've never used a system that works as seamlessly as isolved. The reporting aspect of it is used so often and is so convenient and one of my favorite features. We are very happy with isolved and all that it offers.
  • Reporting--pulls important information and saves time
  • User friendly
  • Makes payroll a breeze
  • The app
  • Punching in and out are not always logged
  • Locking employees out/difficult to reset password
I think isolved is very well suited for medical practices. Especially small private-owned practices like our own. Though I can not speak for big corporations or bigger practices, I feel like it would be beneficial to them as well. It has been great for us as we have started out very small and now that we are growing and becoming a bigger practice and plan to grow some more, we plan to continue using it. I don't really see where it would be less appropriate.
Read Alisa Reece's full review
December 23, 2020
Rocky Diabetes | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used isolved for all our human resource needs and payroll. isolved has made keeping track of our employees and processing payroll so much easier and takes far less time.
  • Time and attendance: isolved go makes it easy for our employees who work remotely to clock in and out.
  • Benefits: So much easier to get all employees enrolled for benefits.
  • New hire: So much easier to capture all the new hires' information and not have to track the new hire down to get the information required.
  • Updating taxes. I have had several employees say having to go through the wizard to update is cumbersome.
  • Would love to have a way to send a text message to employees through isolved. Younger employees do not check their e-mail very well.
iSolved is the complete package to manage time, personnel information, etc. I love how everything is in one system and the employees can get their personnel information without needing to contact HR.
Read Rocky Diabetes's full review
December 23, 2020
Lisa Walker | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have implemented it for all 3 companies. We primarily use it for time tracking, payroll, benefits, and Human Resources. It is helping us stay compliant with the ever-changing laws. It is also becoming a great tool for our managers to track performance reviews, certifications, licensing, and a safe place for documentation. We love the support team and the way that i-Solved is always looking ahead to keep things fresh and current.
  • Excellent support
  • User friendly
  • Very intuitive
  • Mobile app seems to have issues, especially with Android platforms.
  • Employee messaging: I would like it to be more visible.
If you have 10 or more employees, this is a must-have product! I feel like it has saved me hours of time on a weekly basis, and added confidence that things are not slipping through the cracks. We have not been sorry for one minute that we choose i-Solved and would recommend it highly. Even the initial setup went very smoothly.
Read Lisa Walker's full review
December 22, 2020
Candice Cole, MBA, CNAP | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use isolved throughout the entire organization for all HRIS needs including payroll and legal services. The isolved solution allows us to streamline workflows and has also assisted with creating a "one stop shop" for our team members. This has been a great help for leaders that manage multiple departments.
  • Payroll Management and Reporting
  • isolved Legal - Real time answers
  • Benefit Enrollment - Takes the stress off of the HR Department
  • On going training outside of the University
isolved is a great tool for payroll grant management. Our organization manages multiple grants and have specific reporting requirements. isolved helps us remain compliant and gives us real time reporting capabilities. This product also assists with our legal needs. Instead of paying a legal representative by the minute, we are able to log into legal services and receive real time results for a fraction of our previous costs.
Read Candice Cole, MBA, CNAP's full review
December 21, 2020
We use isolved as our HR database for employee files and payroll. All employees have access to the Employee Self-Service platform to view or update their personal information such as address, phone number, certifications, direct deposit, benefit enrollment, beneficiaries, request time off, etc. The platform increases our efficiencies in HR by simplifying our processes. It has allowed us to go paperless in human resources.
  • The benefit enrollment process is simple for new hires and during open enrollment. The automatic EDI feeds to the providers help ensure that the monthly bills are accurate.
  • I love the ability to store all employee files electronically as well as being able to give the supervisor or employee access to view as well.
  • The electronic onboarding is fantastic for new hires. It improves accuracy by having the employee enter the data themselves and also expedites the process of onboarding.
  • While we are in the beginning phases of feeding the information from iHire to isolved, once an employee is hired, I think this process will benefit us by having all historical data in the employee's file.
  • My biggest concern would have to be the ease of uploading or retrieving employee documents to/from their file. It seems that you would be able to simply drag and drop the file or name it in a certain format and upload multiple documents at one time.
  • There are several platforms that isolved offers, many of which we are not currently using. It's great to add them as we move forward but can also be overwhelming hearing about them all at the same time.
  • I wish the app was updated with more capabilities. We are currently only able to use it to view paystubs and request time off.
I think isolved is a great HCM program for most small businesses.
December 20, 2020
isolved is our payroll platform and currently being used by the business office and our accounting firm. It keeps payroll problems and solutions at our figure tips. I am not a payroll professional so its the best resource for a one man show.
  • Customer Service..Always available and willing to help solve all things payroll!
  • Training...when I moved the this new platform the training was hands on with their staff. I trained in both my office and at Performance with Tiffany.
  • Easy...very user friendly software.
  • The change to combine Performance and isolved has diminished Customer Service just a little bit. All and all, I am a happy customer.
Whether you are a one man show or a large company I feel it a great HR solution.

Employee demographic data (28)
9.8
Employment history (29)
9.2
Job profiles and administration (22)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (21)
Organizational charting (10)
Organization and location management (17)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (17)
Pay calculation (34)
9.6
Support for external payroll vendors (16)
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment (18)
Benefit plan administration (27)
Direct deposit files (34)
9.5
Salary revision and increment management (27)
Reimbursement management (18)
Approval workflow (17)
Balance details (26)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (18)
View and generate pay and benefit information (32)
9.5
Update personal information (29)
9.5
View company policy documentation (20)
Employee recognition (11)
View job history (22)
9.5
Tracking of all physical assets (8)
Report builder (27)
Pre-built reports (30)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (12)
New hire portal (22)
9.6
Manager tracking tools (13)
Corporate goal setting (3)
Individual goal setting (4)
Line-of sight-visibility (2)
Performance tracking (3)
Performance plans (10)
Performance improvement plans (10)
Review status tracking (10)
Review reminders (11)
Multiple review frequency (9)
Create succession plans/pools (4)
Candidate ranking (4)
Candidate search (2)
Candidate development (3)
Job Requisition Management (4)
Company Website Posting (5)
Publish to Social Media (5)
Job Search Site Posting (5)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (5)
Applicant Tracking (4)
Notifications and Alerts (7)

What is isolved?

isolved provides people-first HCM technology, offering solutions delivered directly or through their partner network to more than five million employees and 145,000 employers — who use them with the goal of boosting performance, increasing productivity, and accelerating results while reducing risk. Their HCM platform, isolved People Cloud, connects and manages the employee journey across talent management, HR & payroll, workforce management and engagement management functions. No matter the industry, isolved aims to help high-growth organizations employ, enable and empower their workforce by transforming employee experience. For more information, visit www.isolvedhcm.com.

isolved Features

Human Resource Management Features

Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)

Payroll Management Features

Has featurePay calculation
Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featureOff-cycle/On-Demand payment
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureReimbursement management
Has featureStatutory form management

Leave and Attendance Management Features

Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Has featureTravel absence management
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment

Employee Self Service Features

Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Has featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition

Asset Management Features

Has featureTracking of all physical assets
Has featureAsset issue and transfer management
Has featureAsset return
Has featureWarranty and after-sales status maintenance contract tracking

HR Reporting Features

Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data

Integration with other HR capabilities Features

Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor

Performance Management Features