https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/M1/My/PIVU6BETBT1N.pngEmbedded BI for AllWe embed TIBCO Jaspersoft into our commercial application(s) that we sell to customers We use TIBCO Jaspersoft for print-ready, pixel-perfect reporting,Modern looking reporting - (many other products are still archaic looking in their default selections) Quick time-to-market turn-around from concept to reality when creating a report Listens to customer feedback for future features - this, I believe, has greatly shaped some of the upgrade features we have seen of late that have brought the level of usefulness up for Jaspersoft and ease of use for non-developer users Full customization of reports with scheduling and many different formats available (I mention this because some other products had limited export format options),If you do not have a proper hardware set up, report run-time can be slow and take up a lot of resources in a shared stack. You must fine tune a lot of set up for DB servers in order to get that perfect runtime for end users Users with very slow connections/not close to runtime locale of reporting server can have very slow experiences with reports It is a large learning curve to gain that best-practice knowledge of using DB. This is understandable for most products. I wish that Jaspersoft had better documentation for this in the form of more shared examples in order for users to gain better business practice-use of the product. We struggled with many trial and error methods until finding those perfect solutions.,8,It has made some of our applications stand out from competitors as our reporting engine offerings are much more advanced.It has allowed us to use our developers for our main products and not have to share with the BI requests. Now all of our reporting requests have gained in demand and we are making ourselves as a company more sought after with our reporting edge.,Jaspersoft Standard Support or Professional Standard Support for AWS (12 annual cases),As a software company, we have to deal with a lot of changes within the industry tools in terms of upgrades and changes in support for products. Jaspersoft is perfect in that there is not a single way to use/implement which allows us to spend less time working on the integration.,Privacy is of the utmost importance for our clients and so we value the security offerings in the application which allows us to host many clients in a shared environment. This brings down our cost and maintenance support of the clients and their interaction with the application.,7,TIBCO professional services,9,In-person training,8,If a user has no idea on the architecture of their database then use, I think jaspersoft is hard to understand how to use from a business user to admin level user. It involves an understanding of relationships of tables in order to create domains from which to make ad hoc views and reports. The concepts as a business user are not too hard to grasp in terms of being in an ad hoc environment and navigating the palette selections. Selecting which fields to use and so on is fairly simple with the drag and drop. What I did find was that the calculated measures and fields section to not be for beginner users and something that had to be advanced level in that I was not familiar with the syntax needed and had to make my own cheat sheet as the guidance in the ad hoc tool and online training guides was not enough. I really appreciated the jaspersoft community as a source of open questions on the product. I myself opened a few issues to see if the community could answer my question. There is a lot of knowledge in the shared experience of other users on the quirks of jaspersoft and so it remains a good place to "google" questions related to the product. When we were training I used the community page frequently to help with small things like chart formatting to browser related issues.,None/Don't Know/OtherJaspersoft--Power, Flexibility and SimplicityWe embed TIBCO Jaspersoft into our commercial application(s) that we sell to customers We embed TIBCO Jaspersoft into our internally used application(s) We use TIBCO Jaspersoft for print-ready, pixel-perfect reporting,Jaspersoft can be seamlessly embedded into web applications. Jaspersoft is easily customized allowing nearly complete control over the reporting environment. Jaspersoft is scalable allowing it to grow to meet the needs of our growing user base as our deployment rolls out across the country. Jaspersoft is easy to learn for the report developer.,Jaspersoft Studio is a little "buggy" having to be closed and re-opened periodically throughout the day. Multi-select queries return and load the entire query result set rather than allowing "lazy-loading" of records as a user scrolls. This results in slow loading report parameter screens as the lists are loaded. It would be great to have source control (such as Version One or Git) better integrated into Jaspersoft. Version 6.4.3.final of Jaspersoft Studio has some bugs where some button on the main toolbar simply do not function (such as "Publish the file on JasperReports Server."),9,Jaspersoft has had a huge positive impact for my company. Our reporting platform has been one of the most reliable parts of our new system having been running in production for more than six months without a single production outage. The users love the ability to run reports themselves, real-time and export them in a number of formats. As a developer, I appreciate the back-end ability to monitor and debug any issues the users have such as report performance and accessibility. Having the ability to use a pre-defined template for new report creation allows for the rapid creation and deployment of new reports in a matter of days rather than weeks or months.,Jaspersoft Premium Support (No annual case limit),Our current implementation of Jaspersoft touches two data sources in a single web interface. Although we do not currently use Jaspersoft across multiple platforms or a large variety of data sources, we realize that may be a future need and appreciate the flexibility provided by Jaspersoft if that need arises. As our company continues to grow and we integrate more of our business units together, this broad platform support may become critically important in the future.,Multi-tenancy is a feature we currently use as we provide reports to internal users for client reports, reports to external clients (specific to an account) and accounting reports to our internal financial team. As all of these reports are accessed through the same web-interface it is critical to segment them by security and profiles.,Business Objects SRC and Microsoft SQL Server,9,Implemented in-house,10,Self-taught,The product was quite easy to learn the basics. Once I got more deeply into the product and began developing more complex solutions, my training became more intricate and I had to learn the product in more detail. However, overall would rate Jaspersoft as one of the more intuitive report development interfaces I have used.,None/Don't Know/Other,,,Real-time reporting Multiple data sources Mobile device reporting access Data visualizations,We have fully integrated Jaspersoft into a custom-developed web site for use by corporate personnel as well as clients Using our in-house developed web site, we have developed a very robust report scheduling system,We hope to use a future edition of Jaspersoft to query data from multiple, disparate data sources We plan to use Jaspersoft ad-hoc reporting,10,Microsoft Office 365, Snagit, Skype for Business,No,Product Features Product Reputation Vendor Reputation Existing Relationship with the Vendor Third-party Reviews,We are satisfied with our evaluation and selection process.,Yes,Yes,I was experiencing an issue where I was unable to use the publish button on my toolbar to publish reports. Jaspersoft support responded quickly with a work-around while they researched the issue. Within a couple of days, they were able to provide a patch correcting the issue.,Easy to insert an externally developed query into a report Easy to control deployment to multiple environments,It is difficult, if not impossible to incorporate source control with Jaspersoft It is currently not possible to use data from multiple data sources in a single report Upon publishing a report, it is frustrating that Jaspersoft does not save my publication preferences from report to report,9Good solution for those requiring tight integration or near-open source flexibility.We embed TIBCO Jaspersoft into our commercial application(s) that we sell to customers,Flexible visualisation Deep integration with wider software product Highly customisable,Not as polished as higher end BI solutions Product development and support responsiveness can be sluggish Commercial/account management contacts dont add value,6,Jasper was a significant step on from our previous all-in-one BI solution. It allowed us to hit more of our requirements more closely and deliver a tighter integration of BI within our SaaS product.,Jaspersoft Premium Support (No annual case limit),Given we have currently only a single data source, this was not particularly important in our implementation, but the flexibility to access the data from where and as we required was comforting for the future.,Multi tenancy was vital to support our multi tenant SaaS customers. We were able to integrate the Jasper authentication with our own product's auth to provide a seamless experience within the service.,QlikView, Tableau Server and Pentaho,7,Implemented in-house Third-party professional services TIBCO professional services,7,Online training,8,None/Don't Know/OtherQuick review on Jasper ServerWe embed TIBCO Jaspersoft into our commercial application(s) that we sell to customers,Generating reports over web services enables distributed reporting capabilities with authentication. Inbuilt features of Jasper Server help in designing reports as required by the customer. Jasper Server is capable in using with many data adapters like Oracle, PostgreSQL and NoSQL stores.,Jasper Server needs some improvements further on its performances in generating reports. Customers claim some security violations on numerous plain text passwords appearing inside the source code. Jasper Server needs automated purging mechanisms on its scheduled reports.,7,Taking less time to develop reports is the ROI.,Jaspersoft Premium Support (No annual case limit) Jaspersoft Community,Specially, the ability of connecting with various data sources like Oracle, PostgreSQL etc. provides the flexibility on changing data platforms based on customer needs.,Multi-tenancy is a great feature associated with Jasper Server which provides the capability of maintaining a single server across different projects. However,this has no advanced use in our Telco products.,7,Implemented in-house,7,Online training Self-taught,5,Without training, learning this product might be difficult but materials can be found in the internet for self-learning as well.Jaspersoft in a high demand 24/7 operationWe embed TIBCO Jaspersoft into our commercial application(s) that we sell to customers We use TIBCO Jaspersoft for print-ready, pixel-perfect reporting,Support is excellent - very quick response time and good information. Report server seems to run quickly and reliably without much attention. Training material readily available. Significant ability to customize the product,I would like to see an administrator dashboard in the report server tool to monitor report generations, report failures, currently running reports with ability to kill long running reports, etc. GUI access to the many, many settings that can be added/tweaked on the report server. I would like to see easier access to add functions within the report without writing an external jar file. we don't use java on a day to day basis so I found the process of adding a custom library of functions a little awkward. We also allow our users to make copies of our reports to customize on their own. Since they are non-technical, the process of writing a function for themselves is usually over their heads. Our customers are very much missing the ability to select specific fields from a print-ready report display and export to Excel. Our previous product had it and we hear it from everyone as we replace it. Current export of a print-formatted report to Excel tries to render it so it looks visibly the same, but it just ends up unusable for any sort of normal spreadsheet usage.,7,The price of the product and support agreement was the attraction for us. The nature of the licensing agreement was much more friendly than our previous experience.,These types of considerations don't usually come up until you run into a roadblock. And I suppose it says something that we have not run into one yet. There always seemed to be a different approach to take as we implemented such that we have not run into any problems that could not be overcome. We only have two different datasource options, we dictated the platform for the report server, and we left the report server using the default application server and repository database so we are not likely one of the more demanding architectures.,This is something we have little experience in yet, but are happy to see that the product seems to support that well. We do have a cloud offering and appreciate the ability to have clear separation between customers.,,8,Yes,No,adding simple changes to table based reports through the screen viewer is quite nice. sorting, filtering, hiding and showing columns, etc. Also the ability to save those changes as a new report format. the timezone shifting on dates and times printed on the report was surprisingly easy. we were using TIMEZONE WITH LOCAL TIMEZONE database types with Oracle to accomplish the timezone shifting for us, but Jasper accomplishes the same thing with any date/time data type. comparing report changes from one version to the next. Since the report is all XML, it's a simple visual diff.,Determining what reports are currently executing without diving into the API, and creating your own UI to manage them.,Yes, but I don't use it,7
Windows, Linux, Mac
TIBCO Jaspersoft

TIBCO Jaspersoft Reviews

TIBCO Jaspersoft
Top Rated Award
Showing 19 of 236 TIBCO Jaspersoft ratings and reviews.

Ashley Lee profile photo
December 05, 2018

TIBCO Jaspersoft Review: "Embedded BI for All"

Support

They have a great customer support ticketing system in which they always respond same-day. They offer conference calls with srcreensharing as well in order to better understand your issues.
I wish that the lower level support access came with more than just 12 cases per year though as this makes us less likely to reach out for questions on things that we then instead try to solve ourselves which results in loss of time in trying to acquire new features and or solve a problem.
Read Ashley Lee's full review
October 09, 2018

TIBCO Jaspersoft Review: "Jaspersoft--Power, Flexibility and Simplicity"

Support

I ALWAYS get a response from the Tibco support team and they always offer a solution or develop a solution and then offer it. I definitely feel like my issues are important to Tibco and they work diligently to resolve them and ensure I am satisfied with the result. This is support beyond what I typically expect in the software industry.
Gerald Meachem profile photo
March 08, 2018

TIBCO Jaspersoft Review: "Jaspersoft in a high demand 24/7 operation"

Support

Support has been very responsive, and very helpful in my experience. They are quick to respond initially and quick to respond to followup questions/information. They provide solutions or workarounds quickly. If the answer is a "working as designed" sort of response, they provide a very thorough reason why. The support portal is easy to use.
Read Gerald Meachem's full review
Davide Marzucco profile photo
May 29, 2018

Review: "TIBCO Jaspersoft to ease tailored reporting needs for end users"

Support

We have been several times in the need of support from Tibco, mostly to setup and fine tune the production environment, and every time their support was always willing to help. Whenever the issue was complex, and eventually due to customizations done by us at their software, we can anytime reach to our Customer Success Manager, who is available to enter and contribute into our internal discussions with all our teams, so to be involved in our product implementation roadmap, and connecting back to Tibco support team, to provide clarity on our needs and deadlines. The result is our requests get resolved brilliantly.
Read Davide Marzucco's full review
Peter Larabell profile photo
May 08, 2018

TIBCO Jaspersoft Review: "Jasper Reports is a great piece of software for reporting."

Support

I am giving it a 10 because I like Jaspersoft. However, I really haven't had a need to "get support". Never really had a problem with it. :) I've made hundreds of reports, including ones with sub-reports. We've done schedules, dashboards, ad-hoc, manual JRXML editing and all that. We've been through a handful of version upgrades as well. Never needed to get tech-support. :/
Read Peter Larabell's full review
Milan Paunovic profile photo
March 03, 2018

TIBCO Jaspersoft Review: "About Jasper"

Support

Good looking reports are hard to develop, I personally didn't have problems with learning but I see that other had those problems and they are developers that are more used to Microsoft products, and didn't have experience with Eclipse. Not satisfied totally with support we had few problems, and questions after training, but didn't have answers and feedback. Community is not that big, you will not be able to find solutions for your problems.
Read Milan Paunovic's full review
May 22, 2018

TIBCO Jaspersoft Review: "A Visually Great Tool to Produce Great Visuals"

Support

I have found quick response from Jaspersoft Support. Some of my support questions may not get the response I am looking for but I have found the support personal to work with me tell I feel that the support request is resolve.
Robert Mills profile photo
November 18, 2013

TIBCO Jaspersoft Review: "Jaspersoft provides the tools your clients will love."

Support

I've had several issues using and implementing Jaspersoft over the last year. I've run into unique situations and strange bugs that seem to make no sense. Every time I've run into a brick wall on how to fix my issue, I've been able to create a support case with Jaspersoft and have a representative helping me within minutes. They've all been very knowledgeable about their product and every single issue I've had has been resolved. Granted, some of the issues took some creative solutions, but at the end of the day, I have a production environment that runs well and I know that if I run into any future issues, I'll have the assistance I need within minutes, not days.
Read Robert Mills's full review

Pixel Perfect reports (70)
Customizable dashboards (70)
Report Formatting Templates (68)
Drill-down analysis (73)
Formatting capabilities (79)
Report sharing and collaboration (64)
Publish to Web (61)
Publish to PDF (81)
Report Versioning (45)
6.6
Report Delivery Scheduling (65)
Delivery to Remote Servers (49)
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.) (58)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization (43)
6.5
Multi-User Support (named login) (78)
Role-Based Security Model (75)
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete) (71)
Single Sign-On (SSO) (59)
Responsive Design for Web Access (47)
Dedicated iOS Application (26)
Dedicated Android Application (24)
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile (34)
6.7
REST API (67)
Javascript API (52)
iFrames (45)
Java API (45)
Themeable User Interface (UI) (45)
Customizable Platform (Open Source) (48)

About TIBCO Jaspersoft

Jaspersoft is a Business Intelligence suite that brings users worldwide more timely, actionable data inside their apps and business processes, through an embeddable reporting and analytics. The vendor says Jaspersoft is a cost-effective platform, and its goal is to help users make better decisions faster.

TIBCO Jaspersoft Features

BI Platform Features
Does not have featureAdministration via Windows App
Does not have featureAdministration via MacOS App
Has featureAdministration via Web Interface
Has featureLive Connection to External Data
Has featureSnapshot of External Data
Does not have featureIn-memory data model
Has featureOLAP (Pre-processed cube representation)
Has featureROLAP (SQL-layer querying)
Has featureMulti-Data Source Reporting (Blending)
Has featureData warehouse / dictionary layer
Has featureETL Capability
Has featureETL Scheduler
Supported Data Sources Features
Has featureMS Excel Workbooks
Has featureText Files (CSV, etc)
Has featureOracle
Has featureReport Formatting Templates
Ad-hoc Reporting Features
Has featureDrill-down analysis
Has featureFormatting capabilities
Does not have featurePredictive modeling
Does not have featureIntegration with R or other statistical packages
Has featureReport sharing and collaboration
Report Output and Scheduling Features
Has featurePublish to Web
Has featurePublish to PDF
Has featureOutput Raw Supporting Data
Has featureReport Versioning
Has featureReport Delivery Scheduling
Has featureDelivery to Remote Servers
Data Discovery and Visualization Features
Has featurePre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Has featureLocation Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Does not have featurePredictive Analytics
Does not have featureSupport for Machine Learning models
Does not have featurePattern Recognition and Data Mining
Does not have featureIntegration with R or other statistical packages
Access Control and Security Features
Has featureMulti-User Support (named login)
Has featureRole-Based Security Model
Has featureMultiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Has featureReport-Level Access Control
Has featureTable-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Has featureField-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
Has featureSingle Sign-On (SSO)
Mobile Capabilities Features
Has featureREST API
Has featureJavascript API
Has featureiFrames
Has featureJava API
Has featureThemeable User Interface (UI)
Has featureCustomizable Platform (Open Source)
Has featureMulti-tenancy
Has featureAudit Logging

TIBCO Jaspersoft Screenshots

TIBCO Jaspersoft Video

TIBCO Jaspersoft Product Overview

TIBCO Jaspersoft Downloadables

TIBCO Jaspersoft Integrations

Amazon Web Services, Docker, Oracle VM VirtualBox, Liferay Digital Experience Platform (DXP), Liferay Digital Experience Platform (DXP)

TIBCO Jaspersoft Competitors

Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes

Jaspersoft offers flexible pricing for ISVs and SaaS per customer or by CPU core.

TIBCO Jaspersoft Support Options