Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Rider, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
Rider includes 2500+ live code inspections, context actions and refactorings provided by ReSharper, and is combined with IntelliJ Platform’s IDE feature set. Though viewable as feature heavy, the vendor states that Rider is fast and responsive.
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
- Provides a smooth, efficient IDE for developing .NET applications. Performance has been much better than Visual Studio in my experience.
- Integrated refactoring tools are really comprehensive and useful.
- Integrates with other JetBrains products such as TeamCity, Upsource, dotTrace, etc.
- The debugger tools are still lacking compared to Visual Studio, especially when you consider plugins such as OzCode.
- I still keep Visual Studio installed. Sometimes the project won't build correctly, or exhibit strange behaviour. Usually clean, restart, and rebuild addresses actual issues, but I always double check with Visual Studio in such cases.
- Versioning can be a bit of a nightmare. There is an official updater, but they tend to leave old versions hanging around and I have found myself accidentally using a previously installed version without intending to.
- Development experience led to faster development times due to better performance, well worth the licence cost.
Compared to other popular IDEs that aren't .NET specific (such as Eclipse), I don't see any reason to use them unless you need specific features or plugins that the JetBrains family doesn't support.
- Develop .NET applications and systems
- Track code reviews using Upsource Integration