Reviews (1-25 of 92)
1. Being open source (read free)
2. Having a feature that few of my users desperately need: clone a issue to multiple projects at once
Other than these two things, JIRA is better than Bugzilla in all aspects. It is the best choice for any company that looks at increasing the productivity, collaboration between team members and different teams, and subsequently reducing the time to market for projects or new features.
- Asana, Gitlab and Trello
JIRA is the most advanced and robust of all the tools we
looked at to manage our projects and specifically our Agile processes. It is
flexible and robust, very professional-looking and widely used. Many of the
other options we looked at were a bit childish in their interfaces or perhaps
more geared towards creative-type who need lots of color splashes and photos to
stay engaged. From a price and package standpoint, JIRA was the clear winner.
Team Foundation Server was very hard to use and user adoption was negligible, although there was an integration with Visual Studio.
Overall JIRA comes across as a clear winner. Perhaps the only close competitor is Bugzilla since it is open source and has a lot of other features that have been built for it, even if by many different teams.
Overall, JIRA is robust, configurable and scalable.
Jira Software Scorecard Summary
About Jira Software
Jira Software is a software development tool used by agile teams and supports any agile methodology, be it scrum, kanban, or a team's own unique flavor. From agile boards to reports, users can plan, track, and manage agile software development projects from a single tool, helping teams release higher quality software, faster.
And since not every team works the same way, Jira Software allows teams to customize workflows, permissions, and schemes to match the unique needs of each team.
With Jira Software, teams are able to:
- Track versions, features, and progress at a glance
- Easily re-prioritize user stories and bugs
- Estimate stories, adjust sprint scope, check velocity, and re-prioritize issues
- Estimate, track and report on story points; become more accurate
- Report on agile metrics to provide real-time, actionable data on team efficiency, quality, and overall performance
- Integrate with all the tools their dev team is already using, from the rest of the Atlassian suite (Bitbucket, Bamboo, Fisheye, and Crucible) to other popular developer tools on-premise or cloud (e.g., GitHub and Jenkins).
- Provide greater flexibility to curate which teams have access to which information with sprint and project-level permissions
- Flexibly tailor Jira tasks and their workflows to a specific team's use case
- Extend Jira with over 1,800 apps from the Atlassian Marketplace to fit any capability not provided by default
Jira Software Integrations
Jira Software Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Jira Software Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|