Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Relationship 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Value 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Feature Set 2022

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Jira Software, and make your voice heard!

Standard

$7

Per User Per Month

Premium

$14

Per User Per Month

Free

Free

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.atlassian.com/software/jira…

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $10 per month

What is Jira Software?

Jira Software is a software development tool used by agile teams and supports any agile methodology, be it scrum, kanban, or a team's own unique flavor. From agile boards to reports, users can plan, track, and manage agile software development projects from a single tool, helping teams release higher quality software, faster.

And since not every team works the same way, Jira Software allows teams to customize workflows, permissions, and schemes to match the unique needs of each team.

With Jira Software, teams are able to:

• Track versions, features, and progress at a glance
  • Easily re-prioritize user stories and bugs
  • Estimate stories, adjust sprint scope, check velocity, and re-prioritize issues
  • Estimate, track and report on story points; become more accurate
  • Report on agile metrics to provide real-time, actionable data on team efficiency, quality, and overall performance
  • Integrate with all the tools their dev team is already using, from the rest of the Atlassian suite (Bitbucket, Bamboo, Fisheye, and Crucible) to other popular developer tools on-premise or cloud (e.g., GitHub and Jenkins).
  • Provide greater flexibility to curate which teams have access to which information with sprint and project-level permissions
  • Flexibly tailor Jira tasks and their workflows to a specific team's use case
  • Extend Jira with over 1,800 apps from the Atlassian Marketplace to fit any capability not provided by default

Jira Software Video

Deployment TypesOn-premise, SaaS
Operating SystemsWindows, Mac
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android

What is Jira Software?

JIRA Software is an application lifecycle management solution for software development teams. It allows users to create, prioritize and track the progress of tasks across multiple team members, and offers a wide range of integrations. It is offered via the cloud and local servers.

How much does Jira Software cost?

Jira Software starts at $10.

What is Jira Software's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.7.

Who uses Jira Software?

The most common users of Jira Software are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

Lisandro Fernigrini | TrustRadius Reviewer
Without taking into account pricing (I do not know the details but it is more expensive than other options) the product allows us to design, develop and deliver software products in a simpler, more integrated, and visible way. Information and status about tasks, enhancements, and bugs are easily available for all members of the organization.
Dustin Ghia | TrustRadius Reviewer
This is because Jira Software generates a huge profit for an affordable price. Having a tool that makes team management transparent and effective is very valuable.

In addition, the renewal of Jira Software and all Atlassian tools is predictable and clear, as the prices are published on the Atlassian website and there is no pyramid of intermediaries.
While there are no fundamental problems with JIRA, I'm unsure that I will be working myself very closely with users of Atlassian Confluence. The client base I am concerned with tend to be more integrated with Amazon, IBM BlueMix / Watson, open source LAMP/PHP (WordPress, MediaWiki) & those that rely on more proprietary CMS would tend to use Sharepoint not Confluence. JIRA seems to me to stand or fall with the rest of the Atlassian silo or suite, as it is not closely integrated with Sharepoint or mediawiki based reporting or knowledge management. Data interchange standards in this area are weak so Microsoft, open source LAMP projects using Phabricator, and Atlassian JIRA seem to be three distinct silos, with Amazon, Google & IBM offering their own tools for similar needs.
Bo Acimovic | TrustRadius Reviewer
JIRA is a tool that gets updated regularly. This is a sure sign that there is a company behind it that is always improving the quality of their product. This means we can rely on usage of this tool for years to come. Considering we have a lot of projects and tasks in JIRA and knowing it's a tool with a future we will definitely keep using it. Also, even though we don't attach a lot of files to our tasks, I don't think there are any storage limits.
JIRA is highly integrated into our organization. Nearly every department uses it, and many have multiple JIRA projects set up to track different types of work. We rolled out JIRA in a staged manner, but it continued to be adopted by more and more people and departments because it continues to show results. I expect we will continue to renew our JIRA license for years to come.
Adam James | TrustRadius Reviewer
I do not make decisions at my new company, so it's out of my hands. I will say that we're in dire need of a new Project Tracking suite, but I'm not sure how interested they'd be in building something from the ground up. But, if discussions turn to blowing up our current solution and going in another direction, I will be recommending JIRA, and offering to take lead in it's implementation.
October 06, 2014

Atlassian JIRA

Atlassian JIRA is really working for us, and we can see many other areas of the organisation where its use could be applied to streamline service.
JIRA is now integral to our processes, it has taken 18+ months to get to this stage, I can't see us not renewing for at least a few more years. There are complaints about any system but most of the people I've spoken to in engineering are happy with the tool and are finding it provides a simple way to turn ideas into reality or error messages into resolutions for bugs.
The functionality we receive out of the product for the cost is a no brainer in my book for renewing it. We are excited by all the new features that are added to the product and we look forward to what is next. The ease of use alone is worth its weight in gold.