- It allows you to account for how much support work is required for the team.
- Allows better management of time and to track trends for (agile) sprints.
- Allowed us to support external users easily and professionally.
- It helped predict project costs
- It helped with assigning work to team members
- It helped employees communicate when their progress was blocked on some work and needed assistance from others on their team
- Great in software and creative projects! Having the best agile planning and management tool in the market for free is really good for your budget.
- At scale, Jira = productivity, it does not matter if you have teams working from different locations on many projects, with Jira Software you can always apply discipline and an agile approach, with which you always know what is produced and its cost.
- There is no mid-size self-server Jira Software, preventing companies that are neither small nor large from purchasing Jira Software for their data centers.
- Jira has positively made our company's daily activities much better organized
- With Jira we can track progress and follow up on tasks
- Jira has great reporting tools which aggregate various data and give us a good overview of our teams capacity
- Planning stage takes longer, because of initial setup of Jira projects
- Development time is shorter, because planning & setup was put together well, and took it's time to be quality
- Jira [Software] has only had positive impacts being able to practice First Call Issue Resolution
- It has helped us to improve our velocity on completing product deliverables, I would comfortable say by at least 25%.
- It benefits management as our estimations now are very accurate compared to previous months.
- It ensures that at every iteration development team delivers to product the expected results without scope change.
- It has been demonstrated over the course of the last quarter that Jira is one of the project services most likely to increase the company's ROI through the mechanics of project advertising management.
- Calculating the amount of ROI gained with the platform has been extremely easy because Jira has its own calculation engine, from which it is possible to know exactly the ROI increase and compare it with that of previous projects.
- As most of the team can work simultaneously on this so it saves time and we all know that time is money
- Need for separate software for conservation is not needed thus saving extra cost.
- Initial setup cost is high as it require special technical persons to setup this software.
- Integrated Jira with Clarity tool for managing financial and tracking which project overrun the budgets
- Using Jira we transitioned completely to Agile way of working
- Easy accountability of errors and projects.
- Monitoring of project goals.
- Allow a developer to follow correct workflow.
- Unified development and support tasks in a single tool.
- Collaboration between teams.
- Quicker response times and better visibility of tasks status.
- Reduced risk of product failure
- Market needs are aligned with key organizational objectives
- Strong collaboration between internal teams
- Jira has saved a lot of time in [remembering] or creating a pipeline
- It has helped understand the prioritizzation of tasks and check the updates on that tickets
- The ROI of the company has increased a lot in the last period of time of working with Jira, which makes us sure that there have been good results.
- It is possible to compare the impact of the platform against others that have been used previously to manage projects, thanks to the fact that ROI reports are easy to export.
- Reduced time of training for team members.
- Streamlined and unified business processes across teams.
- Progress of any feature
- Status of any backlog
- ETA for any feature or story
- ROI is higher than expected, product release planning is [easy] for the management
- Highly recommended for larger businesses to track things easily
- One stop destination tool for product life cycle process
- Negative - training users to be able to use it (could be more user friendly).
- Project management a plus to large projects.
- Alerting enables.
- Jira is paid by Clients so our organization do not invest in this tool.
- It is essential to see the ROI from the human resources (e.g. hours spent on each task)
- Almost immediate adoption by the delivery teams
- Knowledge base is updated a lot more often (via Confluence)
- Much better visibility on project workload and progress
- Less time to fix issues / defects.
- Great way to manage projects which reduce time to finish.
- Enables semi-automation of project management and tracking.
- Allows more efficient software releases and [delivers] solutions to users faster.
- Cuts down on manual work to identify which projects or issues have not been completed or documented. Also integrates well with current tools rather than having to retire them.
- Saves managers and developers significant time by chasing project status and dates related to tasks and issues.
- We've been able to grow the platform with the team, but the costs became too much leading us to downgrade our service tier to help offset the rising expenses.
- The third-party integrations have helped us a lot when tracking issue statuses between our customer support and platform support teams. That kind of visibility is great to have so engineering can see how many customer requests are tied to a particular feature or defect.
- Due to costs, we have entertained the idea of moving to a different solution to handle our ticket and project management needs.
Jira Software is a software development tool used by agile teams and supports any agile methodology, be it scrum, kanban, or a team's own unique flavor. From agile boards to reports, users can plan, track, and manage agile software development projects from a single tool, helping teams release higher quality software, faster.
And since not every team works the same way, Jira Software allows teams to customize workflows, permissions, and schemes to match the unique needs of each team.
With Jira Software, teams are able to:
- Track versions, features, and progress at a glance
- Easily re-prioritize user stories and bugs
- Estimate stories, adjust sprint scope, check velocity, and re-prioritize issues
- Estimate, track and report on story points; become more accurate
- Report on agile metrics to provide real-time, actionable data on team efficiency, quality, and overall performance
- Integrate with all the tools their dev team is already using, from the rest of the Atlassian suite (Bitbucket, Bamboo, Fisheye, and Crucible) to other popular developer tools on-premise or cloud (e.g., GitHub and Jenkins).
- Provide greater flexibility to curate which teams have access to which information with sprint and project-level permissions
- Flexibly tailor Jira tasks and their workflows to a specific team's use case
- Extend Jira with over 1,800 apps from the Atlassian Marketplace to fit any capability not provided by default
Starting Price: $10
|Standard||$7||Per User Per Month|
|Premium||$14||Per User Per Month|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|