Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Jira Software, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $10 per month
- Tech Details
Jira Software is a software development tool used by agile teams and supports any agile methodology, be it scrum, kanban, or a team's own unique flavor. From agile boards to reports, users can plan, track, and manage agile software development projects from a single tool, helping teams release higher quality software, faster.
And since not every team works the same way, Jira Software allows teams to customize workflows, permissions, and schemes to match the unique needs of each team.
With Jira Software, teams are able to:
- Track versions, features, and progress at a glance
- Easily re-prioritize user stories and bugs
- Estimate stories, adjust sprint scope, check velocity, and re-prioritize issues
- Estimate, track and report on story points; become more accurate
- Report on agile metrics to provide real-time, actionable data on team efficiency, quality, and overall performance
- Integrate with all the tools their dev team is already using, from the rest of the Atlassian suite (Bitbucket, Bamboo, Fisheye, and Crucible) to other popular developer tools on-premise or cloud (e.g., GitHub and Jenkins).
- Provide greater flexibility to curate which teams have access to which information with sprint and project-level permissions
- Flexibly tailor Jira tasks and their workflows to a specific team's use case
- Extend Jira with over 1,800 apps from the Atlassian Marketplace to fit any capability not provided by default
|Deployment Types||On-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
- We are able to add new features faster
- We can better collaborate with colleagues
- We can get all the metadata for the changes to be done at one place
- Jira helped us having a strong Agile framework.
- Improved all projects status visibility.
- Gave us a way to measure ourselves.
- Jira has positively made our company's daily activities much better organized
- With Jira we can track progress and follow up on tasks
- Jira has great reporting tools which aggregate various data and give us a good overview of our teams capacity
- The team delivered entire investment technology redesign working with teams based out of multiple states and countries and tracked the majority of project planning, coordination, and monitoring through JIRA
- Jira's introduction has improved the overall process, which resulted in 10x performance boost.
- The process is now well set up so much less time is spent managing things, which saved us a lot of time.
- Jira's support for developer options and automated workflows has made a lot of repetitive tasks automated which has reduced the manual interjection hence improvement in time, delivery and less error-prone software.
- I have not been involved with that
- Resource Management
- Data and Analytics for Productivity
- We've been able to grow the platform with the team, but the costs became too much leading us to downgrade our service tier to help offset the rising expenses.
- The third-party integrations have helped us a lot when tracking issue statuses between our customer support and platform support teams. That kind of visibility is great to have so engineering can see how many customer requests are tied to a particular feature or defect.
- Due to costs, we have entertained the idea of moving to a different solution to handle our ticket and project management needs.
- Agile delivery of features
- Team collaboration
- Software capitalisation
- Positive - Best Issue Tracking tool.
- Positive - Easy to configure dashboards.
- Negative - Search for grid data does not work and hence manual work increases in support.
- Faster turn around time on projects
- Increased transparency
- Almost immediate adoption by the delivery teams
- Knowledge base is updated a lot more often (via Confluence)
- Much better visibility on project workload and progress
- Improved team efficiency
- Improved transparency
- Easy communication
- Empirical KPI
- Faster, more effect closure of defect loops
- Fewer missed requirements
- Save time.
- Team Collaboration is awesome.
- Decision making is easy.
- Time tracking allows teams to record the amount of time they spend working on issues.
- Teams can create custom workflows to drive the progression of issues on a scrum or kanban board
- Utilize permissions to grant team members different levels of access and to lock down sensitive information.
- Jira Software has improved our SDLC process flow
- Increased communication between teams
- Improved task documentation for projects
- Jira Software has been source of aligning multiple tasks within the teams and organization and it has shown a fairly positive ROI for us so far.
- It has helped us to improve our velocity on completing product deliverables, I would comfortable say by at least 25%.
- It benefits management as our estimations now are very accurate compared to previous months.
- It ensures that at every iteration development team delivers to product the expected results without scope change.
- It gets the job done, and is affordable.
- We have been able to keep customers happy by getting bug fixes out faster by using Jira. All details are included for the developer so there is no back and forth between teams or between support and the customer.
- It allows you to account for how much support work is required for the team.
- Allows better management of time and to track trends for (agile) sprints.
- Allowed us to support external users easily and professionally.
- I think it helps with communication within teams and saves time
- It has one centralized single platform which makes it convenient for everyone to handle the activities and requirements.
- Has great customization feature which is convenient to use, also has a report generation feature.
- Visibility of the tasks performed, remaining and needs attention.
- There is a limited file size upload, and the reports are also not reusable.
- Doesn't have a great experience when used via mobile device as a web version or mobile version.
- It helped predict project costs
- It helped with assigning work to team members
- It helped employees communicate when their progress was blocked on some work and needed assistance from others on their team