Pros and Cons
- Applications on Kenexa - this I believe is the best strength of Kenexa. It is very easy to segregate candidates based on the skill set, role, country, level, etc., hence being the single source for all information.
- Feedback Forms - As soon as the interviews are done, the tool allows us to send feedback forms with a detailed feedback (up to 4000 words). This allows a detailed documentation of every interview, enabling the organization to make the best possible hires.
- CRM like features - like any CRM (customer relationship management) tool, Kenexa allows you to be very personalized with every person you are interacting with. The emails directly go to the inbox of the candidates and are personalized as well (with first names, role, and phone numbers).
- API's - I believe this is one area where Kenexa lags, the ability to talk to other systems. This tool is impossible to integrate with lots of other tools, requring human involvement and manual intervention.
- Search - Searching is not an easy task. It requires a lot of time and effort to search basic data. But due credit to IBM, they have improved on this a lot. But still the system requires more optimization.
- Openness - Kenexa is a user defined system. It functions only in one described way. There is no way to reduce time, or have an alternate way. This is sometime irritating.