Kofax Power PDF

Kofax Power PDF

TRUE
TRUE
Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)

Great for Entire Team

We use Kofax throughout our company multiple times a day. It's super easy to use, whether just for opening a PDF or saving documents as …

PDF Super Hero

We use it for sending all forms of documents to clients as well as converting PDF files to Word.

A Very Good New PDF Product

I use Kofax for my law practice and my law teaching. I use it to flatten and file documents with the Federal and state court systems and I …

Power PDF Standard

Power PDF Standard for Mac

Power PDF Advanced

per perpetual license

For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://www.kofax.com/products/power…

What is Kofax Power PDF?

Kofax Power PDF is a presented as an easy-to-use, powerful, low cost, and secure solution to manage PDFs for businesses and individuals. Buy once, own forever - no subscription fees.

The vendor provides the benefits as:

• Ease of use: Works like Office desktop products, so it's easy to learn
  • Compatibility: Works across devices and platforms, share documents in a storage cloud
  • Security: Built-in features to protect information & easily compare documents to monitor tampering
  • Speed & Accuracy: Accurate & speedy when converting PDFs to/from Word, Excel, and other popular formats
  • e-Signature integration: Sign & send PDF documents for signature
  • Redact sensitive information: Automatically detect & redact words and expressions for safe, secure document sharing
  • Create interactive PDF forms with a single click: Instantly convert a flat, image-based PDF form into one that users can complete electronically
  • Collaboration: Review, markup and revise PDFs with annotations, mark-up and stamps

Power PDF Advanced, Standard and Mac are individual, buy-once-own-forever licenses for desktop or laptop. Power PDF Enterprise is available for more than 5 users, with a single admin, server installation, and other collaborative features for teams.

Kofax Power PDF Features

• Supported: Convert PDF files to other formats, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and images
  • Supported: Edit and enhance PDF documents to change text and pictures, add annotations, and apply stamps
  • Supported: Integrated with supported e-signature tools
  • Supported: Connect to Box, Evernote, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive
  • Supported: Provides security - authorization control, industry standard AES encryption, digital signature and certificate encryption
  • Supported: Protects confidential information - automatic detection and redaction of personal information, easy comparison of documents to monitor tampering
  • Supported: Secure transition of office software documents into document management systems

Kofax Power PDF Screenshots

Easily compare PDF to another PDF, or PDF to Word.  Changes are highlighted.The PDF Convert Assistant can be used to convert multiple documents into other formats all at the same time.The PDF Create Assistant can be used to create multiple PDFs at the same time from a variety of source formats. Create individual PDFs, or combine into one PDF package.The document assembly view shows thumbnails of all pages in a document, and allows the user to re-arrange, rotate, delete and more. The text within the thumbnails can also be edited from this view.The powerful Looks Like search allows users to find characters, words, phrases and patterns within PDF documents. Results can be highlighted or marked for redaction.PDF Profiles can be created to apply commonly desired settings to new PDF documents that you create in Power PDF.Power PDF supports all variants of PDF/A and PDF versions from 1.3 to 2.0.Users may choose to change the application's color to purple, blue, light gray or dark gray.Some lightweight document automation can also be achieved with the Watched Folder and Sequence features.

Kofax Power PDF Videos

Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)15%
Enterprises (more than 500 employees)5%

Kofax Power PDF Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise
Operating SystemsWindows, Mac, Citrix, Microsoft App-V and Windows Server network deployment (for Power PDF Volume License only)
Supported LanguagesEnglish, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Czech, Hungarian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean (Mac supports English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Japanese)

Alternatives

What is Kofax Power PDF's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.6.

Who uses Kofax Power PDF?

The most common users of Kofax Power PDF are from Small Businesses and the Law Practice industry.

Loren Piel | TrustRadius Reviewer
Kofax Power PDF meets all my needs in my law practice for both transactional law and for my litigation practice. I use Kofax Power PDF regularly to OCR PDFs and to convert PDFs to Word documents for editing, etc. I have also used Kofax Power PDF to bates stamp documents for production in litigation.
Scott Lawson | TrustRadius Reviewer
In providing legal services a PDF program is a must. Kofax is extremely intuitive, a fast learning curve, and the best buy for the money. That's from someone who has used Adobe Acrobat professional products for over 20 years. I still have Adobe but use Kofax as my go-to PDF program every day. The Advanced version is really worth the money for creating workflows like Bates numbering and package production.
I would say if you need solid PDF editing software and don’t want to pay astronomical monthly fees for your entire office this is the way to go. It’s a one-time inexpensive fee and you’re good to go. It has all of the functions of the well-known competitor and works just as well. I haven’t looked back since purchasing this.
We use it anywhere that we deal with PDF files. If we are printing into the PDF format, opening existing files or editing PDF files it does all those things great.
I think the latest versions are pretty much good at anything where PDF files are normally used.
I do not use it for full on word processing, other than that it is my go to program.

Tim Deaton | TrustRadius Reviewer
If all the user needs is something to "print" documents to pdf, there are many free options available - especially if resulting file size is no issue. (In fact, Kofax itself would be well-advised to create a free, basic reader with a selection of the most basic editing functions that are already commonly found in free versions of its competitors.) But where significant editing, merging, splitting, conversion of image-scans to text-searchable files, or other issues are involved, Kofax Power PDF is an excellent choice - the best I've found.
Donald Howard | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have a client in the construction industry that receives literally 50-75 emails a day that contain PDF attachments. They were using Adobe Acrobat and were having issues with how long it took for it to spool and print the blue prints. It didn't matter if it they wanted only 1 page, it spooled the whole document, and then printed that one page. I showed them how fast Power PDF Advanced could do the job, and the owner had us order it for every employee at the firm.
Power PDF is excellent at combining multiple PDF (and other format -- *.docx for example) into one larger document. We assemble technical documents that describe the equipment we are selling to a contractor for municipal utility projects. It is not uncommon for us to combine 10 to 30 different resources into one large file. It is very easy to import these documents. PDF's drag and drop, and the Office docs are imported with a short click path AND conversion happens without having a separate dialogue/file save. Once assembled, we then use the comment tools of Power PDF to mark up the technical documentation in order to clearly communicate what specific models and sizes of equipment/parts are being provided.
Kofax/Nuance Power PDF is robust and fully capable of meeting the needs of our small-to-mid-size business. Kofax/Nuance has allowed us to do everything we could do on Adobe software, but for a much more competitive price. Not only does Kofax/Nuance make it easy to create and share PDFs, but it can also convert all sorts of other files to PDF. The best part is you can share your work without someone having all of the metadata included in original file types, such as Word Docs or Photo jpg.
Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) is well suited:
  • Where you want to build a document from different other parts coming from other PDF documents (joining them together).
  • Signing documents.
  • Annotation of documents.
  • Drawing on documents.
Scenarios where it is less appropriate :
  • When you want to certify a document, because the process to configure your certification is far from being user friendly.
  • There is room from improvement when it comes down to the drawing tool box (looking for more options, like Adobe).
Power PDF is a great tool for those who need more than just a PDF viewer. It's a full-featured application supporting myriad PDF editing capabilities such as redaction, editing text, placing stamps i.e., PAID, and much more. Being able to output PDF documents as MS Office documents is a big plus that will save you tons of rework.
I have already recommended this product to a minimum of six other people in business. This is far and away [from] the best PDF product out there. First, there is the ability to modify PDFs with the edit text and edit object functions. There are also the functions to import pictures to make flyers as well as change fonts easily. The best part of this program is that it is a one-time charge vs a monthly charge for the other popular brand. The ability to combine multiple PDFs into one document, then easily move the pages t the correct order is another huge benefit. Then the ability to extract one page from a PDF for use is an unbelievable timesaver. Nuance PDF works amazingly well. Plus, the PDF format can easily be changed to MSword or to JPEG. I have nothing negative to say about this program. It is the best out there.
Ting (Darren) Lee | TrustRadius Reviewer
Kofax Power PDF (I've used it since it was called Nuance PDF) works particularly well when we are trying to organize client documents and convert them to usable format such as Excel. It can really be a time saver when used right.

I have actually recommended other accountants to use Kofax Power PDF and have bought copies for my personal computers as well. (Sometimes I lose license key, then I ended up buying another copy too!)
Sarah Adams | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used to make training materials for hospitals. Kofax was so amazing when I was assembling all of the materials into 1 PDF file. I would line all of the documents up in the order I needed them, and then import them. After I imported the files it was just a matter of plugging in the blank pages for double-sided printing. The PDF software made it so easy to create professional materials with just a few clicks. I could also edit the documents for extremely quick fixes when giving the materials that final look. I have been hooked on this product since my first introduction and even use it at home on the daily. It’s so user friendly anyone can use the software
Its ability to convert documents to PDF is excellent. Its conversion of PDFs to other formats, particularly MS Word is flawless and being able to make PDFs searchable is really useful. It does not have the ability to convert the body of an email to a PDF and that is a major flaw. It also struggles to convert web pages to PDFs.
It's the only software I've found where you can automatically make a PDF fillable, but it needs to do a much better job of analyzing the PDF. For example, it will only make perfect squares into checkboxes. If it's slightly rectangular, it makes it a text box. Perhaps it could pop up and ask what we want?
January 04, 2022

Great for Entire Team

Great for businesses, schools or other organizations that have a lot of documents. It's easy to save a file as a PDF if it needs to be referenced again in the future, or send it to print. We use it for our entire team and it's never given us any issues when sending documents back and forth to each other or to our clients.
It just works for me, I cannot think of anything less appropriate that is a problem in using it. I sometimes have a problem creating stamps of signatures, maybe this needs to be easier. It meets all of my other needs in an industry that uses a lot of documents and .pdf files.
Rick Phillips | TrustRadius Reviewer
I like it for saving final documents. I know if my resume is in Kofax it was the most current. For me it is a great way to know this is the one to use. Also I love it for transmitting contracts or anything I sign. I know it is in Kofax it is official and I can send it without issue.