Kofax Power PDF

Kofax Power PDF

TRUE
TRUE
Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)

Power PDF Standard

Power PDF Standard for Mac

Power PDF Advanced

per perpetual license

For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://www.kofax.com/products/power…

What is Kofax Power PDF?

Kofax Power PDF is a presented as an easy-to-use, powerful, low cost, and secure solution to manage PDFs for businesses and individuals. Buy once, own forever - no subscription fees.

The vendor provides the benefits as:

• Ease of use: Works like Office desktop products, so it's easy to learn
  • Compatibility: Works across devices and platforms, share documents in a storage cloud
  • Security: Built-in features to protect information & easily compare documents to monitor tampering
  • Speed & Accuracy: Accurate & speedy when converting PDFs to/from Word, Excel, and other popular formats
  • e-Signature integration: Sign & send PDF documents for signature
  • Redact sensitive information: Automatically detect & redact words and expressions for safe, secure document sharing
  • Create interactive PDF forms with a single click: Instantly convert a flat, image-based PDF form into one that users can complete electronically
  • Collaboration: Review, markup and revise PDFs with annotations, mark-up and stamps

Power PDF Advanced, Standard and Mac are individual, buy-once-own-forever licenses for desktop or laptop. Power PDF Enterprise is available for more than 5 users, with a single admin, server installation, and other collaborative features for teams.

Kofax Power PDF Features

• Supported: Convert PDF files to other formats, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and images
  • Supported: Edit and enhance PDF documents to change text and pictures, add annotations, and apply stamps
  • Supported: Integrated with supported e-signature tools
  • Supported: Connect to Box, Evernote, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive
  • Supported: Provides security - authorization control, industry standard AES encryption, digital signature and certificate encryption
  • Supported: Protects confidential information - automatic detection and redaction of personal information, easy comparison of documents to monitor tampering
  • Supported: Secure transition of office software documents into document management systems

Kofax Power PDF Screenshots

Easily compare PDF to another PDF, or PDF to Word.  Changes are highlighted.The PDF Convert Assistant can be used to convert multiple documents into other formats all at the same time.The PDF Create Assistant can be used to create multiple PDFs at the same time from a variety of source formats. Create individual PDFs, or combine into one PDF package.The document assembly view shows thumbnails of all pages in a document, and allows the user to re-arrange, rotate, delete and more. The text within the thumbnails can also be edited from this view.The powerful Looks Like search allows users to find characters, words, phrases and patterns within PDF documents. Results can be highlighted or marked for redaction.PDF Profiles can be created to apply commonly desired settings to new PDF documents that you create in Power PDF.Power PDF supports all variants of PDF/A and PDF versions from 1.3 to 2.0.Users may choose to change the application's color to purple, blue, light gray or dark gray.Some lightweight document automation can also be achieved with the Watched Folder and Sequence features.

Kofax Power PDF Videos

Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)15%
Enterprises (more than 500 employees)5%

Kofax Power PDF Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise
Operating SystemsWindows, Mac, Citrix, Microsoft App-V and Windows Server network deployment (for Power PDF Volume License only)
Supported LanguagesEnglish, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Czech, Hungarian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean (Mac supports English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Japanese)

Alternatives

What is Kofax Power PDF's best feature?

Reviewers rate Availability highest, with a score of 8.6.

Who uses Kofax Power PDF?

The most common users of Kofax Power PDF are from Small Businesses and the Law Practice industry.

Loren Piel | TrustRadius Reviewer
Kofax Power PDF is very user friendly and intuitive. I've been able to quickly master routine tasks and basic functionality without further assistance. I have also taken advantage of some online tutorials to pick up additional tips and tricks. The support is proactive from that standpoint. I have never had to reach out for additional assistance with this program.
Scott Lawson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I haven't used support, but have had a couple of issues. I tried to resolve those by using the support documentation and online research without success for one problem. The other was resolved after about 15 minutes of research. Overall the support documentation is good and the software overall is easy to use.
This is the one thing I struggle with. If you do have an issue it isn’t exactly easy to get help. The “help” feature just links you to a giant manual and it doesn’t ever really seem to be the answer you’re looking for so if you’re trying to figure out how to do something, trial and error is probably how you’re going to figure it out.
I have not really had a strong need for support. We had an installation issue on one machine which was resolved quickly with one phone call. They seemed very responsive. When they first changed their name I had trouble figuring out where to go because I wasn't aware that nuance had split off the PDF programs from the voice programs. That was the biggest support issue was figuring out the Koufax power had taken over nuances power PDF programs.
Tim Deaton | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have rarely had a need for customer support, but during the Nuance years was generally able to take care of issues via their website. I don't think I've had a need for it under Kofax, except to find a detailed comparison chart of the different versions of Kofax Power PDF to make sure which version of the upgrade I should buy. My main complaint with Nuance was that they used the built-in update-notification tool primarily as an advertising tool instead. It also didn't help that their pdf product seemed to become an afterthought as time went on. My main fear with Kofax is that their advertising appears focused exclusively on big corporate customers. For the past several years (in retirement) I've been primarily a home user. I fear what that corporate exclusivity may say about support for me when I do need it.
Donald Howard | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have not had to use Kofax's customer support. We have used Nuance's support several years ago, and they were wonderful. We had an issue where one PC had its hard drive die and we bought a new drive and reimaged the PC. However, this triggered a license issue with the Nuance verification server. We spoke with a customer support rep, and she cleared the problem up for use within about 10 minutes of us calling into their support.
I haven't had to use much support. Most of my questions are answered through the Help interface through web based support pages. I believe we had one issue with install on one of four deployments, but the support team helped us through the process. Updates have been seamless. I still miss the days of non-web based support files, but I also value the conservation of hard drive space.
Again, Kofax/Nuance Power PDF does everything I need for a fraction of the cost of other/competitor software. The switch to Kofax/Nuance Power PDF was a breeze. The interface has some familiarity to it. We're able to create, collaborate, revise, track changes, password-protect, encrypt and share all types of PDFs - fillable, non-fillable, pre-populated, secure, etc.
I was able to contact them no problem. I do not recall having to wait to receive support. They were really fast on problem solving. I felt supported throughout my entire experience with Kofax Power PDF. I contacted them through email.
I'm not sure if they have chat support, but that would definitely be a big plus.
January 09, 2022

Kofax: satisfaction

I did had trouble loading the software at the beginning. So I contact support. And they were able to sort my problem quickly.
After the installation, everything is running smoothly, so no support required.
JEFFREY HIRSCH, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've called several time and the problems are resolved but soon are undone by the program. Specifically setting the scanner to eliminate scratch lines or background colors if in B & W. Colors are accurately displayed, and the scratch line show up as well.