Formerly Nuance

TRUE
TRUE
Kofax Power PDF

Great price, good program!

July 22, 2022
We use Power PDF to convert files into PDFs and edit PDFs that we receive. This helps us to send official documents back and forth to our …

Kofax Satisfies PDF Needs

July 08, 2022
Kofax Power PDF satisfies all my PDF needs. I was introduced to this software on a consulting project. Previously, the person I was …

Evaluation

June 09, 2022
I use the product primarily for email attachments. I also use the product for opening Dropbox documents.

Kofax PDF review

March 29, 2022
I typically use Kofax to combine PDFs. I purchased the software specifically for creating a table of contents that is clickable. I need to …

Great product!

February 03, 2022
Kofax Power PDF is used daily in the creation of saving customer and vendor documents. We are working on creating a semi paperless …

2 videos

User Review: Kofax Power PDF Works As A Convenient Solution For PDF Compilation
01:41
Kofax Power PDF Proves To Be a Trusted Tool To Keep The Research Process Moving: User Review
02:58

Power PDF Standard

$129

Power PDF Standard for Mac

$129

Power PDF Advanced

$179

one-time fee per license

For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://www.kofax.com/products/power…

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $129 one-time fee per license

Product Demos

Why Choose Kofax Power PDF?
01:40

What is Kofax Power PDF?

Kofax Power PDF is a solution to manage PDFs for businesses and individuals available with a one-time purchase with no subscription fees.

Benefits to Power PDF users:

• Ease of use: Works like Office desktop products, so it's easier to learn
  • Compatibility: Works across devices and platforms, share documents in a storage cloud
  • Security: Built-in features to protect information & compare documents to monitor tampering
  • Search: "Fuzzy Search" provides a Google-like search
  • Speed & Accuracy: Accurate & speedy when converting PDFs to/from Word, Excel, and other popular formats
  • e-Signature integration: Sign & send PDF documents for signature
  • Redact sensitive information: Automatically detect & redact words and expressions for safe, secure document sharing
  • Create interactive PDF forms with a single click: Convert a flat, image-based PDF form into one that users can complete electronically
  • Formatting: PDF/A-4 Format to ensure retention all of the newest PDF features
  • Collaboration: Review, markup and revise PDFs with annotations, mark-up and stamps

Power PDF Advanced, Standard and Mac are individual, buy-once-own-forever licenses for desktop or laptop. Power PDF Enterprise is available for more than 5 users, with a single admin, server installation, and other collaborative features for teams.

Kofax Power PDF Screenshots

Screenshot of The PDF Create Assistant can be used to create multiple PDFs at the same time from a variety of source formats. Create individual PDFs, or combine into one PDF package.Screenshot of PDF Profiles can be created to apply commonly desired settings to new PDF documents that you create in Power PDF.Screenshot of Users may choose to change the application's color to purple, blue, light gray or dark gray.Screenshot of Some lightweight document automation can also be achieved with the Watched Folder and Sequence features.Screenshot of Sign packages with pre built templates using Kofax Sign Doc or other integrating e-signersScreenshot of Quickly navigate a PDF with thumbnail viewScreenshot of Start using it right away with the  Office-like look and feelScreenshot of Convert a PDF to Word and vice versa with exceptionally high accuracy

Kofax Power PDF Videos

Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)15%
Enterprises (more than 500 employees)5%

Kofax Power PDF Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise
Operating SystemsWindows, Mac, Citrix, Microsoft App-V and Windows Server network deployment (for Power PDF Volume License only)
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported LanguagesEnglish, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Czech, Hungarian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean (Mac supports English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Japanese)

Kofax Power PDF starts at $129.

Adobe Acrobat DC, Nitro Productivity Suite, and Foxit PDF Editor (FoxitPhantom) are common alternatives for Kofax Power PDF.

Reviewers rate Availability highest, with a score of 8.6.

The most common users of Kofax Power PDF are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Law Practice industry.

We use the product across the organization for managing pdfs sent to us by clients and vendors. We like the ability to convert pdfs and extract what is needed for the reporting we provide to our clients.
  • Kofax PDF does a great job with converting to Word, which really helps us get information into the reports we provide to our clients.
  • The product helps me with managing the many NDAs we receive, allowing me to quickly sign and complete the PDF forms.
  • I often use the product for pulling together multiple pdfs when preparing proposals and RFP responses.
  • Notating and redlining improvements.
  • Adding some workflow/doc management functionality would be great.
  • Handling tables upon conversion improvements would be helpful.
The Kofax PDF product is affordable for a small business, and provides generally the same functionality as the competing products. I suggest this to small businesses that want to avoid the monthly and annual subscription fees. We have to pull together information from many pdfs into singular, summarized reports, and the product really helps us accomplish this quickly and easily. It is also a great secondary option to esignature software, and allows me to provide the equivalent of a "wet" signature without having to sign and scan.
The product is intuitive and I was a bit skeptical at first of not using the competitor's product. I was pleasantly surprised that it did everything I needed and more. Once I used it, I recognized that I could roll this out to everyone without looking like we were using a "cheap" version of the competitors product that didn't have the full features. Everyone on the team loves it.
We bought it through a reseller, and the overall process was smooth.
We use it to split documents, merge documents and edit document. I am the only one that uses it. It addresses a lot of copying and [editing] of large documents that need to be split or combined.
  • Splitting/combining of multiple pages to create smaller/larger documents.
  • It is easy to use.
  • Editing documents is easy and quick.
It works great for the simple tasks of splitting and combining documents that I deal with.
I used it at a different company before when it was Nuance and I find it easier to use now with the current layout.
I have not had to contact them for any support with the program.
I use it in place of the more expensive Adobe program. It can handle 99% of what Adobe can. Occasionally I will run into a PDF that won't be able to change a font using the previous version of Power PDF that worked on Adobe. So far this hasn't been an issue with version 4.
  • Redaction.
  • Combining PDF files.
  • Printing PDF files.
  • Finding the typewriter function is hard to find.
Working with PDFs.
It is easy to use.
Works well.
It is easy to use.
Malcolm McCorquodale | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used Power PDF to view and OCR documents. I originally received the standard version with my printer and then later upgraded to the "advanced" version. My printer has an automatic document feeder, so I can just drop in a multi-page document and it shows up on my computer fully OCR'ed. The OCR works very well, however, I wish it had a document review process similar to the one in Libre Office. Libre Office shows both the complete page "image" and the "OCRed" page layers in adjacent windows. This allows me to quickly see that the important words were correctly identified. This is much easier than having to go sequentially through each questionable word. The other reason for using this product is that it does everything I need for less than the $15 a month the full-blown Adobe Acrobat would cost me.
  • OCR is good.
  • Does what I need an costs less than the full blown Adobe Acrobat.
  • OCR Verification Process - I would like to see the whole "image" page adjacent to the whole OCR'ed image. I could then edit the OCRed text and verify that the important words had been correctly identified. Seeing the full page would be a lot faster than going sequentially word by word.
The Power PDF product works well in scanning images and multipage documents.
When scanning in old newspapers the OCR verification process can be tedious and would be made easier using a side-by-side image and text display windows.
There is a learning curve, but once you figure it out, it's fine.
Kofax is currently being used by our accounting department and purchasing department. PDF converter has been key in helping us go to a paperless department. If it isn't already in pdf, we use Kofax to convert all documents in order to maintain electronics files. It is also a big help with electronic signatures during document approval process.
  • After scanning paper documents in to pdf, Kofax make is easy to extract or insert specific documents to one another.
  • I especially like the pdf converter when I am creating documents in Excel and want to distribute in pdf, this allows me to easily convert and share.
  • We like the signature approval option of Kofax as this allows us to perform document approvals across departments.
  • The only thing that I am finding difficult is if I scan a document a certain way and then try to change the rotational orientation and save. I find it difficult to do.
I particularly find that Kofax is extremely well suited when combining multiple documents into one. Extracting or inserting documents from an original and basically the whole document assembly option when moving pages of documents around.
I have overall found it very easy to use. I have been using Nuance for several years prior to Kofax and it was a very simple transition. I think for any first time users, the layout is well designed enough for most to get going right out of the box.
Andrew Bonner | TrustRadius Reviewer
File creation, conversion, editing in pdf, file packaging, secure electronic signing, some form creation, incorporation of clips and video into forms.
  • Document design and assembly; simple adaptation and manipulation for best results.
  • Editing text and objects within pdf.
  • Quick word search feature in large pdf documents.
  • Competitive price point and easy to use.
  • How about a Grammarly style spell check - chance for a partnership?
  • Custom user toolbars?
  • Continued improvement of OCR capability.
You have a project with a looming completion deadline, it comprises multiple formats: Text/image/CAD/graph/video and you need to package it up for dissemination quickly, simply, and with a good degree of QA. Kofax is the answer to your problems.
Like most things in life, you get out what you put in, but with Kofax a little time spent at the front-end will reward even the most inexperienced of users.
I have not had reason to use support a great deal (if at all).
Brett Warbeck | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have replaced Adobe reader with Kofax PDF. It is a great program and way more cost effective than Adobe! Love it and have no reason to switch back to Adobe. It works great for converting Word docs to PDF's which we use a ton at our office with all the required forms for insurance.
  • Converting word docs to PDF files.
  • Ability to edit existing PDF's.
  • Changing PDF's very easily into fillable documents.
  • I wish I could save the default printing to be 2 sided on long edge instead of having to select it every time
  • A quick print button would be very nice!
Very nice affordable option for smaller businesses which in rural Manitoba, we have a ton of these type of operations! It is easy for new users to get the hang of and they keep it simple without tons of new features or major changes to appearance with updates. I would recommend everyone to give it a try over Adobe for sure!
Super easy to use right off the bat, if you are familiar with Adobe Reader it will be simple to get used to. A few quick tutorials on the advanced features and our office was up to speed using it as our go to PDF editor and viewer. I just wish I could remove some features I didn't use from a couple of the menus for staff with basic knowledge.
They have been easy to work with the few times I have needed and very helpful.
Michael Oram | TrustRadius Reviewer
Self only. It addresses nearly everything I need in PDF and text recognition, and it is easy (even intuative) to use.
  • Integrates well with voice recognition.
  • Plenty of scope for editing and subsequent editing.
  • Sufficient 'advanced features', reacting, document comparison conversion, etcetera.
  • Easy to use.
  • I work in other languages such as Eastern European and East Asian. It is not so good or capable with these.
Cheaper than the so-called leader (which I have had) and just as good...
I agree it is easy to use and has got better by the year.
I have always been satisfied but have never has a big problem to resolve.
We use Power PDF in lieu of Adobe Acrobat because it is a more reasonably priced option that does as much if not more. We primarily use it because it allows us to mark up/edit PDF's on the fly and in some cases, apply security so that contracts etc. can't be changed.
  • Markup/edit.
  • Security settings.
  • Opens fast!
  • Converts PDF to Word or other popular document formats.
  • FormTyper is excellent--allowing user to take a non-editable PDF and automatically create forms with editable fields.
  • I have not run into anything I've wanted to do and wasn't able to with Power PDF.
  • For those that need to create editable forms from non-editable print, it is excellent!
  • You can also markup/edit PDF's easily. One example is you can create a signature "stamp" and reuse it to sign PDF contracts or agreements that you send to customers.
  • You can create/edit fields in a PDF form.
  • You can make a non-editable PDF searchable (OCR).
Power PDF is very easy to use and operate. We don't fully utilize all it can do but it can simply
  1. Edit PDF's.
  2. Print PDF's from other document types.
  3. Create editable Forms from non-editable PDF forms.
  4. Apply security settings to disallow changes to a PDF including the ability to even print it!
  5. Create a searchable PDF from a non-editable PDF.
I've never contacted support so I can't answer this question.
Kofax Power PDF is used mainly by the supporting legal staff. The litigation dept. attorneys use it as well. It has been essential in keeping up with the numerous technical requirements of various courts. We have used it to compile documents with bookmarking, redact sensitive information, locate pertinent sections of voluminous records, and many other functions.
  • Redaction - amazing search and redaction function.
  • Combine - The ability to select numerous files of any format and create a single PDF.
  • Search - It seems to have a hard time depending the font used.
  • OCR - If the document is big, the whole screen will black out.
It's fantastic at compiling documents and adding bookmarking, redacting sensitive information, as well as bate stamping. Its search ability is questionable depending the font and scan quality of a document.
It is very user friendly. The toolbar is clear and sectioned nicely for the functions. The bate stamping across more than one document was amazing. It's great how it will hook into other programs as well. It has its own tab in Word, Outlook, and more. Has made many tasks less daunting.
We have not needed any support.
June 23, 2021

Easy to use

We use it across the whole organisation. It makes changing downloads easy.
  • Flexible.
  • Low cost.
  • maybe better instructions for some processes
Great for people who have to edit others' work and change the format or output - PDF, Word, etc.
very easy!
Got a quick answer to one question I asked.
It is being used by one employee for items that Adobe DC cannot handle. Specifically, OCR and converting existing pdfs to fillable forms.
  • The OCR capabilities are great, Kofax understands the difference between a line or dash, over letters and numbers.
  • The forms wizard is a simple click and process time, very easy way to convert a pdf to fillable form.
  • On opening Kofax reads the document ready for editing.
  • Highlights and comments are easily added and navigated, including by end-users.
  • It has a different layout and user feel, than Adobe DC.
  • It likely does more than I am aware of, but the help or instruction is not readily available. Sample videos and product use examples.
We utilize a questionnaire with pages of questions, boxes, bullets, charts, and so on; Kofax processed these questionnaires in no time from a flat lifeless pdf to a fillable pdf form. Quickly opening to flipping pages landscape or portrait, well I don't know how easy it is done in Kofax.
Again it has an overall different feel than the competitors, and there are likely tools that could be helpful but I'm not aware of.
I haven't really needed to use customer service.
I use Kofax Power PDF in many ways: document creation, reading, and commenting, assembly of complex documents from multiple source files, digitally signing or placing images of written signatures, and maintenance of archival records in .pdf format. It is particularly easy to add, remove, and re-arrange pages in a document. Often a small subset of the pages in a legal document requires a physical signature, so being able to print, sign, and import only those pages makes the overall document much cleaner.
  • Document assembly (insert, move, delete, extract).
  • Print to PDF driver.
  • Clean user interface.
  • Scan to document feature.
  • Combine files function is a little clunky and could use a better user interface.
  • Adding text to an existing .pdf creates an enormous bordered box (awkward to fix).
  • Create new pdf is a good function but the tools are a bit weak.
I frequently need to insert, move, delete, or substitute pages in a .pdf document and Kofax Power PDF Standard does that very well. It installs a printer driver that is compatible with all software I have tried including MS Office. Assembling a document from a group of source files is also easy, and can combine existing .pdf files, Office files, images, and text into a single document, which may then of course be edited. I think the "combine files" feature could be a little more user-friendly, and the ability to create a file from scratch is nice but could use better tools.
I found the software very intuitive from the start. Obviously it takes time and effort to learn new features of any software but I found the toolbar and menu structure to be well laid out and efficient. The document assembly view is powerful but does take practice to fully appreciate its power.
I have only used support on occasion but every time I had my problem or question resolved quickly and correctly. The web help feature is extensive and well laid out. It would be nice to have access to a local help system in case a user is offline (internet-isolated PC, on airplane, etc.).
Conversion and editing of PDF files. Conversion of PDF files to Word and Excel files. Editing of PDF documents for clients. Marking up and commenting the document during review.
  • Create new documents.
  • Appending two PDFs.
  • Conversion of PDF to Word or Excel.
  • Editing of PDF and markup of PDF for correction.
  • Location of some functions do not seem logical. A couple I keep looking for even though I work with it all the time.
  • I wish I could use it on both of my computers without having to buy two copies.
  • The ability to secure the document is not straight forward and should be made easier.
Editing and markups are good. Conversion to Word and Excel is good, but not without flaws and mis-conversions. Being able to add security or save under a password is very weak. It would be nice if I could find a way to password protect my documents for my clients.
Fairly easy to use. Easy to covert files, merge files, extract and delete pages. Inserting signatures was fair - but was easy to distort the JPG I inserted, since the height and width were not locked together. Security of files was difficult (e.g. adding passwords and the like) - and I was not able to provide a secure file to my clients.
For the price, the features are not getting that much better, and some aspects are getting more difficult to use. As time has passed, I thought I would see other features added, but little seems to have been done to the program. And the ability to secure my files seems to have become difficult. What once seemed easy, is now getting more difficult.

I would be less likely to purchase it again if I upgrade from this current version.
The conversion of PDF to Office and back is critical to the proper presentation of information during the project management process. Accuracy and flexibility are paramount and Kofax provides that.
  • Editing PDF.
  • Conversion of PDF to Office.
  • Search functions.
  • Graphics manage inside PDF.
  • Formatting retention.
  • Font management.
In combining past presentations and reuse of graphics Kofax is outstanding. I maintain a library of presentations by topic and Kofax is great at accessing and creating updates approaches to each of my topics.
Overall as an original Nuance user I thought Kofax was a bit more difficult because of the way it interacted with PDF files. However it turned out to be a matter of getting used to the slightly different approach and learning Addis features.
I have only called support twice in over 10 years and found them to be helpful and knowledgeable.
Tammy Worman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Power PDF across the whole organization. We like the program for its ease of use and ease of learning.
  • Easy to learn.
  • Full functionality compared to competitors.
  • Competitive pricing.
  • Not as widely adopted as it's competitors
  • Can only use on 1 computer instead of across full personal devices
  • A bit of adjustment to use if you're used to the competitor's product
Well suited for affordability across team members and also if you are new to pdf programs and trying to learn something new.
Our team was not familiar with a PDF program and Power PDF made it easy for us to learn and implement almost immediately.
The product is reliable and good for our team. The only drawback was the inability to move the product from one computer to the next when we upgraded from Nuance.
Carrus Health currently uses Kofax Power PDF for all pdf files which need to be edited. We have multiple users across the organization. The adoption process was very easy due to the ease of use of Kofax Power PDF. By purchasing Kofax instead of the other well-known brand, we have been able to save a great deal of money which has been used to increase the security of instant messaging. Kofax allows users to utilize eFax by being able to sign/edit documents and fax them without having to print them out which also saves paper. We have been able to easily edit the extensive Policies and Procedures in our organization easily which also saves time.
  • Edit existing pdfs.
  • Easily and quickly convert Word documents to pdf and vice versa.
  • The ability to sign documents without having to print them out.
  • It is a little difficult for users, at first, to manage signatures.
  • Setting Kofax as default pdf viewer would be easier if it were done within the application.
Kofax is well suited for converting pdfs to Word documents and converting them back again. Another scenario is when a document needs to be signed, Kofax makes it easy to add and place a signature so documents don't have to be printed before signing. Kofax also makes pdf management easier through the add-ins provided which integrate with Microsoft Office well.
Kofax is laid out a lot like Microsoft Office products which made it more intuitive and easier to use.
On the rare occasion we've had to contact Kofax support, response was quick and a resolution was provided usually with just one contact.
Mira Krishnan | TrustRadius Reviewer
We adopted PowerPDF for PDF document management when it was still a Nuance product. Besides general PDF viewing, we use it for combining and OCR'ing moderately large files (up to 1000-4000 pages, up to a few hundred megabytes in size) and for things like multi-term search and markup.
  • Good OCR quality.
  • Search and mark tools are really good.
  • Generates widely compatible files.
  • Installer prevents 64-bit installation because of the windows version.
  • Needs to support multi-core / multi-thread optimization for modern processors.
  • Needs GPU acceleration.
Power PDF is basically our all-in-one PDF solution, and in the absence of an alternative that effectively uses multiple cores or GPU acceleration, it's the best thing on the market. I think the major don't use it situation would be if you are actively using the other Adobe CC tools - I think other than that, it's better than competitors.
In general it's straightforward, but the user interface is on the old-fashioned side, and it could use modernization, and features could be easier to find. Usually we just find features using the tool search bar.
They're not always good at tech support - for instance when I could not get it to install in 64-bit, they basically did not provide useful help that led to a resolution.
We currently use Kofax Power PDF Advanced on a regular basis for the preparation of documents primarily from conversion from other formats (e.g. minutes, reports, financial paperwork), combining PDFs for distribution and for the redaction on confidential information in order to comply with GDPR requirements.
  • Marking up documents for redaction - unlike it's main competitor, it offers the ability to apply single redactions or to apply all. This is useful when needing to only apply some redactions before sending for a second review.
  • For compiling documents it is very easy to use and intuitive.
  • Whilst the leading brand competitor has a less cluttered appearance, Power PD makes it easier to find the tools you need without searching for them. Very clear layout.
  • The only area I can think of for improving Power PDF would be better ability to customise toolbars.
I would recommend Power PDF as an affordable and easy to use alternative to the main brand competitor. With a lifetime license rather than monthly subscription, Power PDF pays for itself very quickly. It has all the facilities you need in a PDF program.
Overall, Power PDF is very easy and intuitive to use. It comes with excellent support and help materials. We have found the help materials really useful and the support department excellent.
On the one occasion we had to contact support, we received an fast and full response. An excellent company to deal with.
We use Kofax Power PDF every day in our Professional Services Tax & Business Advisory to open, review, modify, and publish PDF documents. I especially like the PDF editing tools with Power PDF and speed of opening and reviewing documents. Quite often we have a need to convert a PDF to another format like Word and Power PDF does a great job with the conversion, back and forth. Also, the security features of Power PDF are very handy in these times where encryption security is of paramount importance for our most sensitive financial documents. The value that you get for the small investment in the software can't be beat!
  • Very fast software to process our documents.
  • Extremely good value for our investment in document processing software.
  • The editing and security features and functions that we need to have on hand everyday working with our documents.
  • The UI is as familiar as using Microsoft Offices products so very low learning curve.
  • More selection of stamps and clipart since I like to liven my documents up sometimes.
  • I would like to see more "form" creation and editing tools.
  • Ability to use a stylist pen for creating and editing documents with write anywhere capability.
  • Mobile and tablet options (Android).
Kofax Power PDF is well suited to replace Abode products wherever you use them in both functionality and cost of ownership. It is our number one go to selection of software to use with our documents.
As I said in an answer question the UI is so similar to that of Microsoft Office tools that we use daily and it has that same familiarity across our entire office products software suite. Setup and customization is very easy for every user in our company.
When ever I have had a customer product support or sales question Kofax is easy to reach and deal with for our business needs.
  • Online training
June 22, 2021

Kofax in the Office

We currently use Kofax Power PDF for our paralegal staff. It is not used across our whole organization, but addresses many of our business problems. We often receive PDFs we must edit, or turn into Word documents, or redact from. Kofax allows us to do this easily from our mac computers and works pretty well. We often use Kofax for many purposes relating to PDFs.
  • Quick OCR.
  • Help tab is full of knowledge.
  • Large range of functions for all PDF editing needs.
  • Not a lot of tutorials for use with Mac, most are PC oriented online.
  • Will sometimes crash without reason then work next day.
Kofax is well suited for redaction, bate stamping any documents, combining PDFs, and for general formatting. It is less appropriate when asking the PDF functions to do more complex things - such as removing a header or footer.
Power PDF for Mac is easy to use, but is very difficult to learn at first. I had not used any type of PDF editor, but learning this new software was not easy. The format of the top bar is completely different on a Mac computer than it is on a PC. All of the tutorials online are suited and recorded on screens that are PCs. It is so difficult to understand how to use the Mac version. Once I discovered the "Help" Search bar functions, I was able to more fully understand how to use Kofax for Mac.
I give it this rating because it does what we need it to do, but I am still occasionally let down by glitches or functionality issues.
As our accounting office becomes more digital, cloud-based, and paper-free, we definitely needed a secured and encrypted PDF program to be able to work on our client's files - individual returns, corporate returns, trust returns, etc. Kofax Power PDF was recommended to us by a fellow accounting office, and boy are we impressed! Our entire office staff use each and every little perk, and eve thought we've been using this program for quite some time now, there are little things that pop up that still surprise us!
  • Inserting/merging/deleting/changing whole pages directly in the program.
  • Send DocuSigns directly from the PDF.
  • Editing and enhancing.
  • Quick and easy conversion to other formats.
  • Needs a few more help/support features.
  • Could be a bit more sleek/aesthetic.
  • Not entirely intuitive - small learning curve.
Once you get a feel for all the features, the possibilities are endless. Taking in a client's original documents that have been scanned and PDFd, sometimes there will be areas that'll look a bit scribbled, or may have some coffee stains, or whatnot, but with Kofax's enhancement tools things just look better.
There is definitely a little bit of a learning curve at first, as it honestly didn't feel 100% intuitive, but once you get going and figure out the little nuances, it feels as easy as 1-2-3. Even now, a few months later, we find another cool new feature that surprises us!
The FAQ section and help and support far outweighs the rest. I can find what I'm looking for incredibly easy. The troubleshooting guides are so simple to follow, and everything has a step-by-step process that you simply can not miss.
I use it for all my pdf files, to convert pdf files to Word or Excel, to combine PDF files into one document, extract pages from a pdf for individual use, etc.
  • Combines multiple pdf files into one document.
  • Ease of use.
  • Integrates well with Microsoft Office products.
  • Easier ways to edit the files with different fonts, etc.
  • More edit functionality.
  • Converting from pdf to an Excel document doesn't always work well, while I know this is a lot dependent on the original document, there are times it doesn't seem to work well.
Needing to convert a pdf document so that it can be edited more freely such as a manual that we have saved as a pdf and then something needs to be changed in that manual.
For the most part it is easy to use. Sometimes the editing features takes more time to figure out.
I really haven't had to use support.
The software is easy to use to fill in PDF documents and making minor modification to exiting documents. Personally I use the header and foot feature most frequently to add page numbers and titles to documents that are used as attachments/references in larger reports. The OCR feature is also really useful to enable large documents to be searched for key words and phrases. The document assembly feature is also very useful and used frequently. Kofax Power PDF is a real time saver and is being used by the entire company.
  • No subscription fees.
  • Really good PDF editing features.
  • Great value for money.
  • Better tutorials for the software features.
  • The typewriter feature can be tricky/difficult to use, especially if you want to edit something that has been written.
  • Nothing else to add.
Really good at producing appendices/reference documents using the document assembly features. This allows collated documents to be assembled easily and titled/numbered to create a clearly defined reference document.
The ability to add text and edit PDF documents to service the requirements of our clients is also very extremely useful.
The software is very easy to use but there appears to be an absence of tutorials for the more complicated features that the program has.
The integration that is possible between Microsoft products makes thing simple to use too. The layout of the features also feel familiar if you are use to using Microsoft products.
No issues experienced with the software so far and I have had no reason to request any support. However, it does seem like the software is lacking in any good quality, easy to follow tutorials which can teach the user about all the features and abilities of the software.
We use Kofax Power PDF Advanced to:
  • Edit PDF documents.
  • Fill forms so it could be saved and printed.
  • Remove images from documents.
  • Enlarge text in documents to make it easier to read.
  • Remove some sections in a document and in pages.
One nice feature also the Clip Art section. I use the stamps section in Kofax Power PDF Advanced.
  • Great for enlarging the text in documents to make it easier to read.
  • Great in annotating a PDF document - it is built-in and you don't need to buy a separate program for it.
  • Kofax Power PDF Advanced enables us to create our own stamps to add to any PDF document.
  • Kofax Power PDF Advanced need to work on keeping the updated coming - the changing environments and requirements require from software vendors to update the software more often to stay relevant.
  • Kofax Power PDF Advanced to to develop lots of videos for detailing step by step on how to use each feature...
  • Kofax Power PDF Advanced need to add a Video editor within the software - nowadays the integration between text and video are everywhere.
I have been using Nuance and now Kofax Power PDF Advanced is a time saver and I use it:
  • In our accounting jobs.
  • In our product promotion.
  • In our brochures creation.
  • In our expense reports.
  • In validation of bill payments and invoice payment.
  • In signing also.
Kofax Power PDF Advanced is intuitive to use although some sections need improvements like the user interface need some work.
In the edit menu the ribbon sometimes disappears and the items on it are not editable.
We need to edit some of the items to highlight some of them and especially the color section and the fonts section - I noticed some languages not there.
We did not have to use the support for Kofax Power PDF Advanced - the usability and convenience of use and streamlining of processes in the document creation and editing was somehow straightforward although the usability interface could use some needed improvement and update. Talking about the updated, there was not much updated, actually I don't believe Kofax Power PDF Advanced was updated from when we purchased it, which is not a good sign!