Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Power PDF Standard
Power PDF Standard for Mac
Power PDF Advanced
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $129 one-time fee per license
Kofax Power PDF is a solution to manage PDFs for businesses and individuals available with a one-time purchase with no subscription fees.
Benefits to Power PDF users:
- Ease of use: Works like Office desktop products, so it's easier to learn
- Compatibility: Works across devices and platforms, share documents in a storage cloud
- Security: Built-in features to protect information & compare documents to monitor tampering
- Search: "Fuzzy Search" provides a Google-like search
- Speed & Accuracy: Accurate & speedy when converting PDFs to/from Word, Excel, and other popular formats
- e-Signature integration: Sign & send PDF documents for signature
- Redact sensitive information: Automatically detect & redact words and expressions for safe, secure document sharing
- Create interactive PDF forms with a single click: Convert a flat, image-based PDF form into one that users can complete electronically
- Formatting: PDF/A-4 Format to ensure retention all of the newest PDF features
- Collaboration: Review, markup and revise PDFs with annotations, mark-up and stamps
Power PDF Advanced, Standard and Mac are individual, buy-once-own-forever licenses for desktop or laptop. Power PDF Enterprise is available for more than 5 users, with a single admin, server installation, and other collaborative features for teams.
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||35%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||15%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||5%|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Mac, Citrix, Microsoft App-V and Windows Server network deployment (for Power PDF Volume License only)|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages||English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Czech, Hungarian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean (Mac supports English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Japanese)|
- Kofax PDF does a great job with converting to Word, which really helps us get information into the reports we provide to our clients.
- The product helps me with managing the many NDAs we receive, allowing me to quickly sign and complete the PDF forms.
- I often use the product for pulling together multiple pdfs when preparing proposals and RFP responses.
- Notating and redlining improvements.
- Adding some workflow/doc management functionality would be great.
- Handling tables upon conversion improvements would be helpful.
- Splitting/combining of multiple pages to create smaller/larger documents.
- It is easy to use.
- Editing documents is easy and quick.
- Combining PDF files.
- Printing PDF files.
- Finding the typewriter function is hard to find.
- OCR is good.
- Does what I need an costs less than the full blown Adobe Acrobat.
- OCR Verification Process - I would like to see the whole "image" page adjacent to the whole OCR'ed image. I could then edit the OCRed text and verify that the important words had been correctly identified. Seeing the full page would be a lot faster than going sequentially word by word.
When scanning in old newspapers the OCR verification process can be tedious and would be made easier using a side-by-side image and text display windows.
- After scanning paper documents in to pdf, Kofax make is easy to extract or insert specific documents to one another.
- I especially like the pdf converter when I am creating documents in Excel and want to distribute in pdf, this allows me to easily convert and share.
- We like the signature approval option of Kofax as this allows us to perform document approvals across departments.
- The only thing that I am finding difficult is if I scan a document a certain way and then try to change the rotational orientation and save. I find it difficult to do.
- Document design and assembly; simple adaptation and manipulation for best results.
- Editing text and objects within pdf.
- Quick word search feature in large pdf documents.
- Competitive price point and easy to use.
- How about a Grammarly style spell check - chance for a partnership?
- Custom user toolbars?
- Continued improvement of OCR capability.
- Converting word docs to PDF files.
- Ability to edit existing PDF's.
- Changing PDF's very easily into fillable documents.
- I wish I could save the default printing to be 2 sided on long edge instead of having to select it every time
- A quick print button would be very nice!
- Integrates well with voice recognition.
- Plenty of scope for editing and subsequent editing.
- Sufficient 'advanced features', reacting, document comparison conversion, etcetera.
- Easy to use.
- I work in other languages such as Eastern European and East Asian. It is not so good or capable with these.
- Security settings.
- Opens fast!
- Converts PDF to Word or other popular document formats.
- FormTyper is excellent--allowing user to take a non-editable PDF and automatically create forms with editable fields.
- I have not run into anything I've wanted to do and wasn't able to with Power PDF.
- For those that need to create editable forms from non-editable print, it is excellent!
- You can also markup/edit PDF's easily. One example is you can create a signature "stamp" and reuse it to sign PDF contracts or agreements that you send to customers.
- You can create/edit fields in a PDF form.
- You can make a non-editable PDF searchable (OCR).
- Edit PDF's.
- Print PDF's from other document types.
- Create editable Forms from non-editable PDF forms.
- Apply security settings to disallow changes to a PDF including the ability to even print it!
- Create a searchable PDF from a non-editable PDF.
- Redaction - amazing search and redaction function.
- Combine - The ability to select numerous files of any format and create a single PDF.
- Search - It seems to have a hard time depending the font used.
- OCR - If the document is big, the whole screen will black out.
- Easy to use.
- Low cost.
- maybe better instructions for some processes
- The OCR capabilities are great, Kofax understands the difference between a line or dash, over letters and numbers.
- The forms wizard is a simple click and process time, very easy way to convert a pdf to fillable form.
- On opening Kofax reads the document ready for editing.
- Highlights and comments are easily added and navigated, including by end-users.
- It has a different layout and user feel, than Adobe DC.
- It likely does more than I am aware of, but the help or instruction is not readily available. Sample videos and product use examples.
- Document assembly (insert, move, delete, extract).
- Print to PDF driver.
- Clean user interface.
- Scan to document feature.
- Combine files function is a little clunky and could use a better user interface.
- Adding text to an existing .pdf creates an enormous bordered box (awkward to fix).
- Create new pdf is a good function but the tools are a bit weak.
- Create new documents.
- Appending two PDFs.
- Conversion of PDF to Word or Excel.
- Editing of PDF and markup of PDF for correction.
- Location of some functions do not seem logical. A couple I keep looking for even though I work with it all the time.
- I wish I could use it on both of my computers without having to buy two copies.
- The ability to secure the document is not straight forward and should be made easier.
I would be less likely to purchase it again if I upgrade from this current version.
- Editing PDF.
- Conversion of PDF to Office.
- Search functions.
- Graphics manage inside PDF.
- Formatting retention.
- Font management.
- Easy to learn.
- Full functionality compared to competitors.
- Competitive pricing.
- Not as widely adopted as it's competitors
- Can only use on 1 computer instead of across full personal devices
- A bit of adjustment to use if you're used to the competitor's product
- Edit existing pdfs.
- Easily and quickly convert Word documents to pdf and vice versa.
- The ability to sign documents without having to print them out.
- It is a little difficult for users, at first, to manage signatures.
- Setting Kofax as default pdf viewer would be easier if it were done within the application.
- Good OCR quality.
- Search and mark tools are really good.
- Generates widely compatible files.
- Installer prevents 64-bit installation because of the windows version.
- Needs to support multi-core / multi-thread optimization for modern processors.
- Needs GPU acceleration.
- Marking up documents for redaction - unlike it's main competitor, it offers the ability to apply single redactions or to apply all. This is useful when needing to only apply some redactions before sending for a second review.
- For compiling documents it is very easy to use and intuitive.
- Whilst the leading brand competitor has a less cluttered appearance, Power PD makes it easier to find the tools you need without searching for them. Very clear layout.
- The only area I can think of for improving Power PDF would be better ability to customise toolbars.
- Very fast software to process our documents.
- Extremely good value for our investment in document processing software.
- The editing and security features and functions that we need to have on hand everyday working with our documents.
- The UI is as familiar as using Microsoft Offices products so very low learning curve.
- More selection of stamps and clipart since I like to liven my documents up sometimes.
- I would like to see more "form" creation and editing tools.
- Ability to use a stylist pen for creating and editing documents with write anywhere capability.
- Mobile and tablet options (Android).
- Online training
- Quick OCR.
- Help tab is full of knowledge.
- Large range of functions for all PDF editing needs.
- Not a lot of tutorials for use with Mac, most are PC oriented online.
- Will sometimes crash without reason then work next day.
- Inserting/merging/deleting/changing whole pages directly in the program.
- Send DocuSigns directly from the PDF.
- Editing and enhancing.
- Quick and easy conversion to other formats.
- Needs a few more help/support features.
- Could be a bit more sleek/aesthetic.
- Not entirely intuitive - small learning curve.
- Combines multiple pdf files into one document.
- Ease of use.
- Integrates well with Microsoft Office products.
- Easier ways to edit the files with different fonts, etc.
- More edit functionality.
- Converting from pdf to an Excel document doesn't always work well, while I know this is a lot dependent on the original document, there are times it doesn't seem to work well.
- Easy to use.
- No subscription fees.
- Really good PDF editing features.
- Great value for money.
- Better tutorials for the software features.
- The typewriter feature can be tricky/difficult to use, especially if you want to edit something that has been written.
- Nothing else to add.
The ability to add text and edit PDF documents to service the requirements of our clients is also very extremely useful.
The integration that is possible between Microsoft products makes thing simple to use too. The layout of the features also feel familiar if you are use to using Microsoft products.
- Edit PDF documents.
- Fill forms so it could be saved and printed.
- Remove images from documents.
- Enlarge text in documents to make it easier to read.
- Remove some sections in a document and in pages.
- Great for enlarging the text in documents to make it easier to read.
- Great in annotating a PDF document - it is built-in and you don't need to buy a separate program for it.
- Kofax Power PDF Advanced enables us to create our own stamps to add to any PDF document.
- Kofax Power PDF Advanced need to work on keeping the updated coming - the changing environments and requirements require from software vendors to update the software more often to stay relevant.
- Kofax Power PDF Advanced to to develop lots of videos for detailing step by step on how to use each feature...
- Kofax Power PDF Advanced need to add a Video editor within the software - nowadays the integration between text and video are everywhere.
- In our accounting jobs.
- In our product promotion.
- In our brochures creation.
- In our expense reports.
- In validation of bill payments and invoice payment.
- In signing also.
In the edit menu the ribbon sometimes disappears and the items on it are not editable.
We need to edit some of the items to highlight some of them and especially the color section and the fonts section - I noticed some languages not there.