Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Power PDF Standard
Power PDF Standard for Mac
Power PDF Advanced
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $135 one-time fee per license
Kofax Power PDF is a presented as an easy-to-use, powerful, low cost, and secure solution to manage PDFs for businesses and individuals. Buy once, own forever - no subscription fees.
The vendor provides the benefits as:
- Ease of use: Works like Office desktop products, so it's easy to learn
- Compatibility: Works across devices and platforms, share documents in a storage cloud
- Security: Built-in features to protect information & easily compare documents to monitor tampering
- Speed & Accuracy: Accurate & speedy when converting PDFs to/from Word, Excel, and other popular formats
- e-Signature integration: Sign & send PDF documents for signature
- Redact sensitive information: Automatically detect & redact words and expressions for safe, secure document sharing
- Create interactive PDF forms with a single click: Instantly convert a flat, image-based PDF form into one that users can complete electronically
- Collaboration: Review, markup and revise PDFs with annotations, mark-up and stamps
Power PDF Advanced, Standard and Mac are individual, buy-once-own-forever licenses for desktop or laptop. Power PDF Enterprise is available for more than 5 users, with a single admin, server installation, and other collaborative features for teams.
- Supported: Convert PDF files to other formats, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and images
- Supported: Edit and enhance PDF documents to change text and pictures, add annotations, and apply stamps
- Supported: Integrated with supported e-signature tools
- Supported: Connect to Box, Evernote, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive
- Supported: Provides security - authorization control, industry standard AES encryption, digital signature and certificate encryption
- Supported: Protects confidential information - automatic detection and redaction of personal information, easy comparison of documents to monitor tampering
- Supported: Secure transition of office software documents into document management systems
- Supported: Advanced and Standard compatible with Windows 11, 10 and 8.1. Mac edition compatible with MacOS 10.13 to 11.6.
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||35%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||15%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||5%|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Mac, Citrix, Microsoft App-V and Windows Server network deployment (for Power PDF Volume License only)|
|Supported Languages||English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Czech, Hungarian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean (Mac supports English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Japanese)|
- Auto fill feature saves time
- easily can copy items or fields
- Easy to find a text field and notate duplicates
- The program is buggy and often quits unexpectedly
- The support has slow turnaround time
- quick conversion to .pdf format
- few if any formatting issues
- produces a professional document ready to send
- conversion of special characters could be a little better
- spacing sometimes does not convert properly
- Scanning and creating PDF documents.
- Creating legal documents.
- Editing and correcting PDF documents.
- No improvements noted. Product works fine.
- Table of contents
- Some of the PDFs I've created a TOC for are not useable or can even be opened by other users using Adobe.
- Compiles PDFs into one document.
- Translates PDFs into other formats.
- Enables me to transfer documents between platforms easily.
- It took a bit to find certain items - but once I got acclimated, it’s been easy to use.
- Would like all options for creating an index to be on the same tab instead of multiple ones.
- converting non-readable pdfs to readable
- sometimes the tool bar is confusing. Finding the redaction tool took awhile
- Form creation
- Processing scanned documents
- New scans
- Needs option to just scan, not process ocr
- hard to find insert features
- slow loading of editing features - typewriter
- Document assembly
- The highlighter function is wonky, but it can highlight unneeded stuff. Have to play with it to get what you want highlighted.
- Converting documents to editable versions
- Adding typewriter text
- Creating professional quality final documents
- I have not encountered any functions that I was not able to perform.
- Converting to MS Word and MS Excel
- It sometimes puts extra fields in documents that are blank
- Puts test as formatted text into a MS Word document instead of in text boxes
- Better conversion of PowerPoint presentations
- Converting files.
- Processing forms.
- Managing files.
- Not seeing much room for improvement.
- Works very well.
- Locking PDF for transmission.
- Built in dictionary is very handy to store industry terminology.
- Boarder formats for document conversion.
- Improve OCR format management.
- Improve E-Signature work flow to guide people though it that don't use all the time.
- Conversions to and from PDF.
- Combining and separating PDF's
- Edit text is good but not great. Some text will be changed slightly.
- Combine documents into one
- Delete and reorder pages
- Fill in forms
- Extracting text could be easier especially columns of numbers
- Add an easy export of tables to Excel
- PDF lock
- PDF PDF compression
- Merging extracting documents files.
- More tools for editing.
- I don't remember being particularly impressed with anything about the product.
- Too many features that are of no use to a user like me, and some of the features I need seem to have disappeared. It just wasn't worth the hassle.
- Combine files
- Large PDF files
- Easy to use
- Better editing of text
- More available fonts
- Customer Service
- Developing PDFs
- Converting PDFs to Word Documents
- Electronic Signatures
- Reducing the Size of PDFs
- convert documents to Microsoft Word
- interface with Microsoft One Drive
- word conversion
- It is especially agile at recognizing high-density technical jargon text grids off of other pdfs and allowing me to port them into other file types.
- It is fantastic for providing certified digital signatures.
- I like the form create feature.
- The form creator has an auto-fill issue where it sometimes stacks words on top of each other.
- The form creator has an auto-populate issue where it sources previously input words which can be annoying .
- When opening Kofax, there is a splash page where it shows it "booting" up and loading the pdf. It would be nice if there was a "cleaner" looking boot page that was smoother.
- Makes scanned paper documents into searchable, copyable text.
- The convert to excel feature saves hours of time in making client and prospect lists.
- The convert to word feature makes documents easily editable.
- Converting files to PDF format
- Editing PDF files
- Marking up PDF files
- Working with images
- Creating PDFs from multiple non-PDF formatted documents
- Creating forms
- Creating a highlighted document for a presentation
- Creating secure documents, such as medical records, for secure transfer
- Creating a PDF from a large size document
- Converting a large size document from PDF to Word
- Adding a signature to a document with a clear background
- Ease of use - rotating documents/single pages
- Compiling - creating a larger PDF out of multiple documents
- Saving other files as PDFs by directly using the software
- Automatically including bookmarks when compiling
- Ease of moving pages within the document
- N/A - I am fully, 100% satisfied with this product.
We use it to generate PDFs, to combine documents, and to convert from PDF to word docs. It has provided us with a fully functional, more economical solution to competitive products on the market, and has allowed us to increase our productivity without sacrificing quality or speed.
- Document creation.
- Document Conversion.
- Easily integrates with my MS Office 365 apps and WIN10.
- Works with multiple browsers as an add-on.
- Easier method to assemble docs.