LogMeIn Rescue Reviews

January 28, 2021
Matt Ebert | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use [LogMeIn Rescue] in our Service Desk to connect to any one of our pc's in the field and local, to view and fix issues on our users pc's on the fly without having to travel to the pc or having the user bring the device in to our office.
  • I like how the software allows me to restart the pc and maintain access of the device.
  • I like the ability to copy files to the device I am connected to without trouble.
  • I like the ability to connect and see the issue first hand that hte customer is seeing.
  • I would like the ability to see the customer feed back on my sessions on the fly.
  • I am ok with it being anon (not see the users name etc.) It could be a good measurement tool for self growth.
I am able to copy update files or tools directly to the customers hard drive instead of having themlog into and search a webpage or file server.
I keep the files I need in a local folder on my hard drive and have them ready at all times. I can copy them without the user clicking cancel.
Read Matt Ebert's full review
April 06, 2021
Justin Giffin | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use LogMeIn Rescue to connect to our clients' workstations to troubleshoot and review issues. During those sessions, we usually have phone calls while we are reviewing the issues at hand.
  • Allows remote access
  • Allows control of user's system
  • Allows for companies to help customers who may not be comfortable with making changes
  • Add phone capabilities (think Zoom, Webex, MS Teams)
  • Easier access to administration on remote servers and workstations
  • Remove timeout limits
LogMeIn Rescue has the ability to remotely control and manage workstations and the ability to not require the other user to have to accept or be at the location to allow for ease of access troubleshooting.
Read Justin Giffin's full review
November 24, 2020
Diane Gannon | TrustRadius Reviewer
Air Vent, Inc is a Gibraltar Industries corporation which we use LogMeIn Rescue for our IT department to assist our users Nationwide. It is an easy tool to navigate and assist anywhere we are located. It is a very useful tool. I enjoy working with it. We use it for all computer issues we have with our users.
  • Remote installs of software on user's computers
  • Fixes issues users are having on their computers
  • shows me exactly what the user is having difficulties with within the program for me to assist them.
  • Administration mode, sometimes screens are hidden to continue with install/repair/uninstall programs.
LogMeIn is well suited for assisting users remoting and to see what the user is doing to cause/assist the issue. I have control of the computer device to assist user with their issues. They have the shortcut on their desktops to get assistance from us. I have no scenario where it is less appropriate.
Because LogMeIn is a great and reliable product/tool to use for our everyday business in assisting our users, I gave this rating.
I am glad to use this product and tool and it is very user friendly for the users on the other side. I get positive feedback from the users I work with.
Read Diane Gannon's full review
April 22, 2021
Currently, LogMeIn Rescue is used across the organization as a remote support tool for IT. We have several analysts and technicians that use this specifically for remoting into a workstation to assist and end user with support. This varies for each situation as we may use to assist with a problem or to walk through a process with an end user.
  • Ease of access for end user.
  • UAC bypass.
  • Prompts for security access.
  • Simplifying the security prompts.
  • Short URL that's easier to use.
  • WebUI remote connection.
It's great for nearly all troubleshooting aspects because it has the function to get past UAC on a Windows machine. Normally on screen-sharing applications, you'll get stopped by the UAC prompt (since the end user may not know what to do and it might confuse them or they get nervous). But using the application is fairly simple after you've used it a few times.
I've never had to contact support. I am only a user and not an admin so I've never had to open a support ticket or case. I'm not sure if we've ever had an issue where we needed to contact them at all. It seems to work without issues and it may be related to the workstation itself, if we're not able to log in using LogMeIn.
April 22, 2021
We use this as a tool for the IT department to be able to see and take control of a user's machine so we can see what they are experiencing and troubleshoot it. This allows us to be able to go in as an admin and support users from any location with the only need being an internet connection.
  • Connect with Admin Right
  • Allow reboots and reconnect
  • Unattended Access
  • Multiple Sessions at one
  • Ability to invite other technicians or transfer the session to someone else
  • Ability to have user launch a desktop icon and get a code from support to connect simply
  • The console is a little dated feeling
  • Could be a little more intuitive on the tools it offers
  • The admin console is confusing and seems not to work as expected for user management
  • Troubleshooting with remote workers
  • Troubleshooting staff on-site to maintain distance
  • Troubleshooting items that take a long time where unattended access allows you to check in as needed.
  • Troubleshooting, when users are having issues with the domain and other tools are unable to connect
  • Troubleshooting to have a user show you what is going on when it may not be clear.
  • Less appropriate for something super quick where admin may not be needed. In this case, it is easier for a user to show you the issue via Skype or Teams
March 19, 2021
Our clients can use LogMeIn rescue to be helped by one of our technicians on our software when they encounter any bug or difficulty. We can have a look remotely with the client's authorization.
  • Remote control
  • Unattended access
  • Chat
  • Easier and more attractive administration interface.
  • Easier way to install calling card.
  • More documentation for installation, administration.
Well suited when clients need help by remote control. Not easy when they just need a chat.
August 25, 2020
Dianna Farrell | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it as a tool to access people's computers in order to fix and repair our software.
  • Notifications
  • Speed
  • Consistency
  • Lack of notifications sometimes
  • Access
  • Ease of use
It has been very helpful in the case of working with clients to address their technical support needs. It allows us to remote into their computers and get their software up and running. We are notified pretty quickly. In the instance of a software issue, we can go in and adjust settings and troubleshoot. I cannot think of a less appropriate scenario, as it works well for us. We enjoy the software and its features.
It is a good program overall. It has some features (such as the many prompts) that can be confusing to customers. But it allows us to do our job in an efficient manner and our company would not use another program.
Read Dianna Farrell's full review
July 03, 2020
David Rowley | TrustRadius Reviewer
During COVID-19, we have been using rescue exclusively for all remote support needs. It is used daily. Additionally, the customers that I consult with have all received LogMeIn Rescue recommendations for their businesses. My customers, school districts, health care, vacation rental services, retail, and the list goes on either to use Rescue to support their customers and/or, I use it to support them. It is a win/win for all of us.
  • Unattended access: I can fix problems when the end user isn't at their computer.
  • Multiple access methods: When you deal with customers of all technology backgrounds, having multiple ways of inviting them to a session is perfect.
  • Ease of use for the technician.
  • Rich feature set including the ability to reboot machines and automatically reconnect.
  • Interface: the interface is old and dated.
  • Setup is designed for IT professionals. Not really a drawback, unless you are looking for plug and play.
  • Advanced features are difficult to enable.
Any remote support needs. This allows you to connect, either attended or unattended, to computers in your organization and provide simple support. As a technology partner, I deal with customers of all technical backgrounds. LogMeIn Rescue is a simple tool for them to use (Multiple ways to join. I've used them all depending on the technical savvy of my customer). I have even used it to help family and friends with their support needs.
Excellent and timely support. I haven't needed to use support for Rescue, however, I have contacted LogMeIn support for other products and have been impressed.
Read David Rowley's full review
June 25, 2020
Jay Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
IT Support uses this across the organization. The ability to type in passwords, auto-reconnect after a disconnect, joining VPN, or rebooting are all fantastic. Pretty seamless. I work in the UK and support people in the USA, Canada, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, China, Singapore & Malaysia, as well as my home country of course. LogMeIn is my tool of choice to resolve my end user's tech issues.
  • Auto reconnect on loss of connection.
  • Full Windows system control through the applet.
  • Easy fileshare.
  • System info window for running processes are very helpful.
  • Video conference/webcam to chat with user at the same time.
  • Easier for corporate users to give full control to the tech. Those UAC windows confuse the user.
  • Chat window is old, small, kinda ugly and in need of a refresh.
Well suited for personal PCs that don't have UAC enabled. A little more challenging to talk the user through giving full system control to the tech than I would like. I now send them an SOP to follow so I can get the app running as a Windows System Service.
It works. There is no messing around really. I can gain control and fix issues on anyones computer anywhere on the globe. Subject to them having an internet connection, but no fear because even if the internet is patchy, LogMeIn will auto-reconnect, every 15 minutes later! Very impressive tool.
Read Jay Johnson's full review
June 26, 2020
LogMeIn Rescue has made my life so easy by allowing remote support to remain an option as we deployed employee work from home stations. We had to hastily deploy employees to work from home in the face of the COVID crisis. LogMeIn allowed for remote support to be possible by allowing authentication outside of the VPN or local domain connection - no other remote support solution offered that flexibility.

Aside from the logistical advantages, LogMeIn Rescue is also secure, easy to use, and it gets the job done efficiently. This is a great tool that scales well for large corporations, to small startups and anything between!
  • Security - LogMeIn uses an SSO solution that allows secured logins. It also requires authentication for the user being assisted.
  • Ease - LogMeIn is very easy to use and allows for simple tools like whiteboards and automated memos that allow one to expand on their experience.
  • Speed - LogMeIn allows for fast file transfers that work immediately. The remote desktop sharing is also very efficient, as I've never encountered any issues across a variety of connection speeds.
  • Timeouts - LogMeIn has a very short timeout period when it detects no activity. This can make it difficult to balance between multiple tasks.
  • No user side requests can be made. I would love to implement a solution that allows an end-user to request a remote session that a technician can then accept rather than only allowing the technician to initiate.
  • Email follow-ups to end-users would be nice. If they shared the technician name and remote desktop time stamps that could help them in case they need to file time exceptions or track time with their leadership.
LogMeIn Rescue is well suited if there is an action that requires administrator or otherwise elevated permissions. It isn't as appropriate when a simple change it needed in settings, or if an end-user needs to be educated on a certain application's use. If I have an action that is simple and doesn't require elevated privileges I will usually use Skype's screen-sharing options.
I'd say support for LogMeIn is ideal because I haven't ever been in a situation where additional support was necessary. The program runs so efficiently and simply that nothing was needed beyond initial training that was provided by my company. I am saying this as a user that strictly uses the technician console.
July 30, 2020
It is being used across the whole organization. LogMeIn Rescue allows us to see and assist clients remotely, as well as to be able to install software.
  • It is relatively easy to use, so it requires little training to get going.
  • It allows you to run scripts in the background.
  • It also allows you to copy files in the background.
  • The biggest thing is the technician console crashes and some days it happens quite often.
  • I wish you could move the tabs around on the console without having to place the session on hold and then pick it up in the order that you want.
It does very well in an office call center situation. It does however get a little sluggish when it is being used over a VPN, even if both places have a very good connection.
Because I have never needed it.
June 26, 2020
Being a tech in education, LogMeIn was crucial to help solve IT issues for student once the pandemic hit and we tried to limit our exposure. I was able to solve countless issues from the safety of my couch and in my comfy PJ's.

It is so easy to talk the customer through the install process. That is the key with remote work and working with "non tech" people. Simple, Quick, and Easy!
  • Easy Install
  • Simple URL for install
  • Simple to get started
  • Very powerful once you peek under the hood
  • Having a simple GUI with advanced options
  • Few hoops for users to get started
  • A quick way to escalate privileges once remoted in
LogMeIn is great for supporting the end user in a help desk oriented talk. Even basic user such as young students can follow the simple instructions to set up and install, so we can remote in.

The GUI is pretty straight forward and easy to navigate, but there are many power features once you get more comfortable with the the basics.
I haven't had to utilize support at all, but the resources are vast, and they are sending out lots of tutorials and ways to improve your interaction with their products.

There are several places to find what you are looking for and get the help that you need. It's widely used and that helps build a baseline of users.
June 11, 2020
LogMeIn Rescue is used by our IT department to provide remote assistance for our users during COVID. We have been able to install printers with ease. The biggest advantage so far is that we can elevate our permissions and install necessary programs for our users. Another useful part of LogMeIn is we can use the share screen function to train our users.
  • Easy to use remote assistance
  • Printer installs
  • User training
  • Very happy with the service
An easy to use remote support application is the best use for LogMeIn Rescue. It has the flexibility to be used in any size of organization and can provide feedback to management on how each session has been handled. You would not use this application for non-IT-related issues or training.
The main reason I rated it so highly is all you can do with the program. It's not just for IT problems. You are able to get feedback from your users and apply that directly to your department. From all the other remote support programs I have used, LogMeIn Rescue is the most flexible in terms of the program.
May 19, 2020
It addresses remote support of our staff on the weekends and sometimes during the week's work. Saves us a trip at times to locations because we could just call the client and set up a session on LogMeIn Rescue. Minor to no issues with the software so far. Recommend to any company that does support.
  • Remote assistance in guiding people.
  • Remote screen recordings to record the entire session.
  • Keeping track of your sessions from when you started one to when you ended.
  • Sometimes keyboard might stop working for a remote user.
  • Maybe another software to mirror desktop without having to have user grant permission to keyboard and mouse.
  • Better reboot in remote session or reconnect.
I had this person who was experiencing issues with a profile corruption and I had to reboot his PC in the process of clearing out his profile. Thanks to LogMeIn Rescue, I was able to do so without having to stress the client by asking them to allow me access again. In my experience with other remote software, a reboot wipes the connection clear.
Haven't had to contact support for the software but it is clear that when you need support you can always find the number.
Chip Berg | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a Xerox dealer and LogMeIn allows me to correct issues that used to require me to get in a company car and drive sometimes up to 2 hours to fix issues; it now gives me the ability to correct the issues within a matter of minutes. It saves us thousands of dollars each year and helps me keep my customers happy.
  • Fast access to their network.
  • Ability to see for myself what issues they are having.
  • Allows me the ability to quickly correct their issues.
  • It allows me to reboot their computers and automatically reconnects after the restart.
  • I believe the yearly price is high.
  • I have some customers who have trouble getting to the logmein123.com website. They try to do a search for the site and it comes up with hundreds of choices.
  • After the customers download the installer the questions the installer asks scares them, as if we could cause harm to their system.
It's well suited for any IT Support organization. Tech support to repair computers. Support role for driver issues such as a printer, scanner, and other hardware. Helping to maintain corporate end-users. Maintaining a sales force that is on the road and not easily accessible. We use it to make firmware updates to copiers, set up drivers for printing, configuring email, and scan-to-folder.
Read Chip Berg's full review
Kellie Myers | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used across our whole organization.
It addresses all business problems by allowing us to log in to our business clients' computers anywhere in the country, and be able to remotely address their issues. This program has become an asset to our company by allowing us to have this mobility.
  • Providing Log In Keys - Allows us to ensure the customer will be connected with us as a technician each time.
  • Providing Chat Services - To communicate with the client/person we're remote connecting with to ensure they are involved in each step of the process.
  • Unattended Access - Helps us address the customer's concerns anytime of the day, without needing login assistance.
LogMeIn comes in handy at all times. We would recommend this to any person who needs a remote software that they can use to be a reliable connection between their company's and their clients' computers.
The LogMeIn unattended access has come in handy when businesses have problems during off hours, and we are easily able to remote in and assist.
The chat feature has come in handy when communicating with clients as well.
I have had any easy time calling in to receive help, and every one of their employees are very receptive to the customer's needs. I wouldn't want to speak to any other customer support desk in regards to their remote software, they rock and do an awesome job! I'm so glad to be on the same team as them and provide customers with the LogMeIn experience!
Read Kellie Myers's full review
David Geller | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am exclusive to helping retail jewelers with Quickbooks desktop. Also each jeweler has a point of sale program that exports into Quickbooks. I help jewelers with both. I MUST be at THEIR computer 90% of the time to help and answer questions. I have tied the logmein123.com site to a special webpage my customers go to in order to connect. Perfect.
  • On a scale of 1 to 10 for my customers to get connected, I'd give it an 8.
  • Once I connect I see their whole screen as if it were mine. I've used two other connecting softwares, theirs are not that way.
  • Dragging a file from their computer to mine is easy as dragging a document from one to folder to another on your own computer, easy peasy.
  • Although I only help one company at a time, I can connect to many of their workstations at a time. Each workstation is a tab, it works just like tabs on an internet browser.
  • Two questions to ask to connect confuses customers, A LOT. A few times I've needed administrator rights and it occasionally has required a Windows username and password from MY USER. 75% don't know it.
  • It's the most expensive in the marketplace but for me it's worth it.
If a spouse needs to help a spouse with their computer at home occasionally and that's all you need, this is not the product, Pro would be better suited.
Quick answers from support staff who are native English speakers.
Read David Geller's full review
Jesse Joswick | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use LMI Rescue to make quick and easy connections to customers that we do not have persistent connections with. Rescue is quick, and easy to use and establish a link with for users of all skill levels. It is used by all of our technical staff which are the majority of our employees.
  • Error free install of the client, it works every time.
  • Remote control offers all the features we need including automatic reconnect after reboot.
  • Install is simple and easy to talk users with limited ability through the steps.
We use LMI Rescue to establish connections to computers without our full LMI Central package installed. It is less appropriate when we have the persistent LMI connection ready to go.
Support is good, menus are a little confusing and tricky to operate on the back end.
Read Jesse Joswick's full review
November 16, 2019
Jonathan Ayers | TrustRadius Reviewer
LogMeIn Rescue is used to support General Electric (our customer) both on-site and with remote users. It is used by technicians across the enterprise to connect to and troubleshoot user computers. This tool addresses a primary business problem: having an employee who cannot use their computer, thereby not being able to accomplish assigned tasks associated with their job.
  • It allows connections to users both on site and at remote locations.
  • It does not require the users to be connected to the domain. It can support users who are connected to any internet connection.
  • It has interactive features that allow for dynamic control of a user device (shutdown, restart, etc.).
  • It can be bandwidth intensive (although this can be partially relieved by switching to a black and white color scheme.
  • It requires users to authorize the connection (some users are unable to understand how to authorize the connection, could be clearer).
  • The chat function can be hard to use, the dialog box it provides is small.
LogMeIn Rescue is well suited in enterprises that require 24/7 user functionality. It allows end-user support on-site and at remote locations through any type of internet connection (domain authentication not required). It is less suited for issues related to device hardware/BIOS as these issues are often diagnosed through on-board diagnostic tools.
Although it does have some room for improvement, overall I believe LogMeIn Rescue is the best tool for remote troubleshooting and support. I have used it through several different roles and different companies and in my opinion, it has consistently provided me with the best set of features I need to provide end-user support.
Read Jonathan Ayers's full review
December 23, 2019
Mike Narumiya | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used by the support team to provide support to application issues, and various desktop/workstation based issues. A great, well known easy to use option. Easy to train support staff on its use, easy roll out. A well known product that many people are already familiar with. Website is great and clear. A great decision for many.
  • Easy to use. Very little training necessary.
  • Established brand identify, so user acceptance is high.
  • Can't think of many things. Works, easy to use.
When supporting remote users/clients, it's a fast, simple to use way to remotely access workstations or to share documents. Requires very little to no training as it is a super easy, straight forward application. Lightweight, and reliable. A solid tool to provide to staff, that works when it is needed. Being a well known brand is a great selling point for buy in.
It does everything it is supposed to do, and has no negatives I can think of. Works, easy to implement, easy to use. Requires no hassling by support staff to use, is stable and requires very little training or coaching to use effectively. Has very intuitive controls. Product has a great market name and is easy to get buy in on.
Read Mike Narumiya's full review
November 22, 2019
Jacob Bell | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize Rescue for both onsite and offsite user support. It is primarily used by IT. It allows instantaneous access to computers that are otherwise difficult to physically get to.
  • Fast connection
  • WIde range of tools (remote control, file transfer, etc.).
  • Complicated interface.
  • Advanced features are hard to turn on and off. For example, Rescue will occasionally log me into the user's computer with the credentials I'm using to open Rescue. I still don't know how to disable this feature.
LogMeIn Rescue is a solid choice for remote assist. I've had a lot of trouble reliably using Rescue to deploy software or other commands, so it may not be as well suited for that.
I've called twice, and I've found it easier (to both understand and find an answer) to just Google it myself.
Read Jacob Bell's full review
Scott Robinson | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used by several departments for remote support and provides an easy and customizable way to connect support agents with clients.
  • Support desk intigration
  • Mobile support
  • Custom scripting
  • Sales processes are salesman driven. I get it for new customers but constantly having to deal with sales representatives and fighting higher pricing is a pain.
  • We occasionally need to bring a competitor into the mix in order to maintain pricing.
Great for daily use as a remote support tool, bad for occasional remote support since there is no pricing model to support those users.
Read Scott Robinson's full review
November 13, 2019
Joe Santella | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use LogMeIn Rescue daily to assist local or remote users. It is very easy for me to use and simple for clients to use also. We have over 48,000 staff in the medical center and with off-site users, this makes support much easier.
  • I am deskside support tech at a major medical center, and with many locations and remote users, I can assist when users are off-site or even out of the country.
  • I can assist users that are not able to remote into their office and can correct issues on their home PCs to allow remote work.
  • I can see user's errors directly on the screen when they are off-site.
  • It would be nice to be able to transfer files to users when assisting them.
It is so simple to use and allows me to connect to multiple users at the same time and toggle between stations while assisting them.
It is the easiest tool I have used.
Read Joe Santella's full review
February 10, 2020
We use LogMeIn Rescue as a company to better remotely support our workforce. Although it's initial intent was to be used for those workers not on site, we have found it convenient enough to begin using the tool even in lieu of walks to different parts of the building. The main issue it resolved for us is efficiently diagnosing and resolving helpdesk tickets opened by remote users.
  • Remote desktop access.
  • Remote file access.
  • Pricing is always an issue, costs do matter and there is competition in this space.
  • There is no asset management.
I feel that if you have relatively few remote users and are not looking for a complete remote management and monitoring suite that LogMeIn rescue is a fine choice. That said, there is competition in this space so there are a lot of options at all price points. Those who have more of a remote workforce and are looking to automate patching and get a higher level of reporting should be looking at a more comprehensive piece of software than LogMeIn Rescue.
I have honestly not had the need to contact support too much, which is always a good thing. I will say that while I felt they were competent I wasn't especially impressed as I have been with several other tech companies. They are far from the lowest level technical support I have encountered, however. I would say that if you find yourself calling support frequently with a product like this you may have selected the wrong solution for you.
November 18, 2019
We use LogMeIn Rescue in all departments of our business. We use it to troubleshoot customer issues, install software on client machines, and demo solutions to clients.
  • File transfers.
  • Saving support.
  • Back-end controls.
  • Managing connections.
  • I have experienced some slowing.
  • Occasionally, I need to restart the software.
  • Saving a connection can be difficult.
It helps when connecting to customers and troubleshooting software issues. Also, when installing new software solutions remotely.

I provide most of my support remotely, with LogMeIn I can place a shortcut on the client's desktop and instruct them to open this shortcut to begin the process of troubleshooting their issue. After this, I just give them the 6 digit code and we are on our way.
I have not called in for support much, but the few times that I had they weren't able to assist me much.

Screen sharing (83)
9.2
File transfer (76)
Instant message (75)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (20)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (33)
Over-the-Internet remote session (84)
Initiate remote control from mobile (35)
Remote management of servers & workstations (56)
9.2
Remote Active Directory® management (27)
Centralized management dashboard (41)
Session record (57)
Annotations (37)
Monitoring and Alerts (33)
6.2
Multi-platform remote control (51)

What is LogMeIn Rescue?

About LMI Rescue
Rescue Remote Support software from LogMeIn is a remote support solution for PCs, Macs, and mobile devices. Rescue is designed to help IT teams to offer fast technical support and ensure a secure remote support session for both the IT professional and the end user. From small teams of IT helpdesk technicians to enterprise-level organizations, Rescue aims to offer the flexibility needed to remotely support employees and customers, as well as enable remote work.