Mailchimp Reviews

Go Bananas for Mailchimp

Currently it's being used across the organization for marketing and sales efforts. We focus on two specific audiences and multiple emails are sent to those audiences per week based on their preferences. It is currently being used by 4 people and managed by one. Right now it helps us communicate with our audiences in a very simple, yet well thought out product.
  • Design emails - Before creating custom HTML emails, the Mailchimp templates were extremely easy to use. Adding images, calls to action and content could be used by anybody.
  • Analytics - The analytics really allow you to nail down who is utilizing the content within your email. All CTA's are tracked and multiple views of how the emails are being consumed really help create an ongoing marketing plan for emails.
  • Although the templates are great, they can be very glitchy. Spacing issues can drive you crazy as you want to make sure your email looks perfect to your audience.
  • Landing pages - although they have landing pages, the customization could be better. I find other programs stress landing pages more and it could be improved. It is very important to grow your lists.
Mailchimp has made great strides over the years. I would say it is the best program for small businesses to use for their email marketing in any industry. Creating email sign up lists for your website is easy and creating emails is very simple with their templates. I highly recommend.

Mailchimp is not suited well for surveys, which would be a nice feature instead of using another vendor. Having your email lists in one place and supporting surveys would be a nice feature to have built into Mailchimp.
January 07, 2020

You can't go wrong with Mailchimp

We use Mailchimp in the marketing department for email marketing and automation. It helps us automate our welcome series and send monthly emails.
  • Email marketing
  • Email Automation
  • Mailchimp is very expensive.
  • Mailchimp doesn't seem to be as innovative as competitors. There are new software that are innovating much more quickly like Flodesk.
Despite Mailchimp being very expensive I would recommend it to most people. If you have less than 2500 contacts then Mailchimp is the way to go. For those who have more than this but need an easy to use and understand email marketing system that isn't very overwhelming and has all the features they would need I still think Mailchimp is a great option. However, it is very expensive and I think it isn't as innovative as it should be and so there are other options out there that will soon catch up with Mailchimp and even offer more.
January 07, 2020

Mailchimp makes it simple to send messages even on Sundays!

I used Mailchimp to connect with fans. I share my show schedule, announcements, fun facts, and more! It’s very useful for sending one email to hundreds of fans at a time. For example, the past few weeks I had to cancel all my shows for December and beginning of January. Mailchimp was the best way to notify everyone. Yes I posted on social media, but because of the algorithm, it’s just not podcasts for everyone to see posts. Mailchimp on the other hand will directly message all subscribers.
  • Reasonable pricing.
  • Organization of lists.
  • Txt message marketing.
  • Layout is easy to navigate.
  • I don't like how I need to enter a security code every 2 weeks to log in. It’s super unnecessary to require every 2 weeks. I understand that spammers and hackers might try to use my account, but majority of the time whether it’s me or an assistant logging in, it rather inconvenient and difficult to send them the code in time.
  • I don't like that you can't play videos directly on the email. I wish that instead of clicking the video picture in posts, that it could play the video right there instead of exporting to another page. By adding this feature it insures efficiency and helps market to the sad attention span so many have today.
  • I wish there were more fonts to choose from. I like the fonts provided, however they’re a bit basic and straight forward for my taste and brand. When I send emails I do my best to sound as genuine as possible and being able to choose a font on brant helps my voice to connect.
Well suited for musicians, creators, retail, but probably not appropriate for someone like a teacher at a school or a non profit. They usually prefer more in-person or via phone call communication. I think any creative or professional with a business can greatly benefit from having mailchimp and an emailing list. It can help maintain relationships with family and friends too when you want to send out a holiday card or a funny story.

Mailchimp review

Mailchimp is used in our Creative Department as a CRM that we use for our clients to send out monthly marketing emails.
  • Quickly produce monthly eNewsletter content for our clients.
  • Ability to test for desktop and mobile views right from the CRM.
  • Testing/reviewing capabilities with our internal team and clients.
  • Mailchimp has its own industry "language."
  • It seems to be limited in email automation.
  • Allow for larger amounts of testing without paying.
Mailchimp is well suited for us and our smaller clients because it allows us to create monthly marketing content to blast out in a very efficient way with very minimal training. However, it wouldn't be well suited for some of our large clients where more email automation would be necessary.

Great Email Marketing Tool

I have used the software in different capacities. Currently I use it to manage groups and organizations within my company. Mailchimp makes it easy to send out important email messages to groups, provide analytics on how effective these email messages are, and makes it easy to organize and design emails thanks to it's templates.
  • Analytics
  • Limited free features
  • Limited to smaller scale uses
If you're just starting out and want a good affordable email marketing tool Mailchimp is a great option that provides helpful analytics, templates, and overall email marketing management capabilities. That being said, as you grow, the free version will most likely no longer fit your needs and you'll need to upgrade to a paid version, which may be difficult depending on your financials.
January 07, 2020

Mailchimp does not monkey around

We use mailchimp for our own email marketing as well as for client campaigns. We have lists integrated into our contact and signup forms, so it's easy to keep everything up to date.
  • WYSIWYG editor makes creating templates quick and painless, even for the most inexperienced user.
  • Setting up the campaign details such as sender, from name, pre-header, etc., are super simple.
  • Great reporting and list maintenance.
  • It would be great to have an intelligent HTML editor, for experienced HTML gurus. Something akin to litmus or Email on Acid.
  • Mobile app should have campaign editing capabilities. It does well to provide reports, but I would really like the ability to fix a typo or change some content, and launch the campaigns from mobile.
Great for SMBs and agencies looking to increase brand awareness and conversions.
January 07, 2020

My favorite mass mailing software.

Most of the departments in my organization use this software for sending mass email and newsletters. They use this software internally and externally as well. The Marketing department in my organization uses its services majorly. This software is very good at sending newsletters. We provide market insights to our customers via newsletters at frequent intervals.
  • This software has amazing user interface. I can easily navigate through this application.
  • The deliverability of this software is extremely good. It delivers 100 percent emails without spamming.
  • Template editor of this software is very intuitive. It has all the tools which are required to make beautiful email templates.
  • Sometimes its sign-in annoys me because of authentication via OTP even if I sign in with the correct password.
  • It has a small number of pre-designed email templates.
  • It does not allow users to delete subscribers for a week or so after sending a campaign.
This software is best in sending weekly and monthly newsletters. It gives amazing results. I use this software to create and send invitations internally and externally on various occasions. By attaching the signup forms we increase our subscribers also in various marketing campaigns. By doing this we can increase and maintain our database also.

Grow you Business' Reach with a user friendly program

We use MailChimp in our marketing department to organize lists and send out campaigns - newsletters and blogs. Everyone in all departments also receives the campaign.
  • Multiple lists - can be organized.
  • Templates for campaigns - easy drag drop options.
  • From a legal perspective - makes sure that the contacts have opted in.
  • After a campaign has been published, it would be nice to use it as a draft again. The location is moved to a published section. I have to make a copy of it to reuse it. It seems like it has a lot of steps.
  • It takes some time for a contact to be added. This is a little annoying, especially if I add a contact and want to send a campaign out right away.
MailChimp is user friendly and I think most people adapt to the platform right away. It's great for any campaign. I also like that you're able to publish to social media with just a click while sending the campaign. This saves time and work.
January 07, 2020

Mailchimp - look no further for e-mail marketing!

Mailchimp was used to reach a lot of people for various e-mails throughout the month. We were able to test different e-mails, use different audiences and the layouts were really nice and clean. We were able to use different layouts for different e-mails and it was a very user-friendly tool. It was very easy to work with!
  • The user experience is clean and easy.
  • Walks you through each e-mail very seamlessly.
  • Testing and doing various versions.
  • Could offer design services or help.
  • Allow for larger audiences to be tested without paying.
  • Allow for more optimized timing and analytics.
Mailchimp is so easy to use that it practically does everything for you. It is nice when you are just learning e-mail or have a smaller business. I would say it lacks some analytics insight but overall is very helpful and reasonable for the price. I would recommend Mailchimp to anyone who wants greater ease in their life and business!
January 07, 2020

Great marketing automation tool for small & medium business

Mailchimp is being used to support email marketing and campaign forms for some of our subsidiary companies. Because these sub-brands are currently using their own CRM systems we were not able to integrate them without corporate marketing automation platform. Mailchimp was the solution that I settled on as it is easy to set up, use, and met our marketing requirements.
  • List management.
  • WYSIWYG editor.
  • Basic A/B testing.
  • Some of the new campaign pages "currently" have limited template customization.
  • More reporting features would be helpful.
Mailchimp is a fantastic platform for small or medium-sized businesses or even larger organizations that have clearly defined and limited automation and marketing requirements.

Mailchimp is Simple, Easy, Useful

Mailchimp is being used by the Marketing department at my company, not across the entire organization. However, it could very well be used across the entire organization as it's user-friendly and something everyone can figure out how to use. With the easy interface, this program can be adopted by departments across your organization.
  • Easy templates.
  • Drag and drop features.
  • Importing your own photos is a breeze.
  • I feel that they could work on their templates to make them even more user-friendly. Sometimes I have to go into the back end and work on the coding for font type, font size, spacing or colors to come through properly.
  • I wish there was a way to not only see who opens my emails but give me more detailed reports on the behavior of each lead.
  • I would love it if there was a Color Picker option in MailChimp built into the system.
MailChimp is great for communicating to anyone... customers/prospects/leads... small or large businesses alike. It's extremely easy to use, which makes it a great tool for anyone to just sit down, and start using with very little training. I recommend Mailchimp to anyone who wants to communicate in a professional manner with emails that look great!
December 27, 2019

Mailchimp - Email Marketing Made Easy

Mailchimp is used by my business to bring in possible leads and nurture my current reader base. It helps by allowing me to capture leads through an opt-in on my WordPress website and then send a series of emails that ensure reader loyalty and possible sales. It not only captures leads but helps to continue the relationship.
  • Mailchimp is easily integrated into your WordPress website through a simple plugin. You can add landing pages or simple opt-ins.
  • Mailchimp is very intuitive and easy to use for beginners.
  • Mailchimp isn’t so great at juggling multiple lists or multiple opt-ins. It can be confusing and difficult to try and maintain one main list that allows you to easily target certain users based on their behavior.
  • Mailchimp makes tagging and groups very confusing and not intuitive.
Mailchimp is a great platform for newer businesses that have not begun to employ an email marketing strategy. With it being so easy to use, there isn’t a ton of stress to get your first opt-in up and running.
December 17, 2019

The best solution to solve simple needs!

We currently use Mailchimp to communicate with all of our stakeholders across the organization: investors, startups, and prospects. Our goal with Mailchimp is to improve the quality of communications and measure performance and results (opens, clicks, bounces, et cetera). As we don't have a CRM in place, Mailchimp also works more or less like that.
  • Import and manage subscribers list.
  • Create different emails based on templates.
  • CRM (it could have a basic one at least).
  • Integration with other tools.
I never hard used Mailchimp, which means that if I did I could change my mind. Currently, I see Mailchimp as the ideal tool for any company that is not looking for a complete marketing automation and CRM tool. Mailchimp is used as an auxiliary tool for companies that have a more expensive and more complete solution for marketing automation or as the one tool for smaller companies with simpler needs (our case today).
December 13, 2019

Great software for personalization and email automation

Mailchimp sends personalized emails to our customers based on preference and activity. Also, we love the campaign automation feature that allows us to focus on seasonality and have the ongoing campaigns run on their own. We don't really use the instagram campaign or landing pages but they are nice features if you want to have everything in one place. I also like the feature of recommended scheduling of the email campaigns.
  • Automation
  • Personalization of audience
  • Email setup is easy
  • Further customization of templates
  • The ability to add parts of another template into the existing one
  • More features to add actions into the automated campaigns
It is great that you have access to most of the features in the free trial. This allows you to figure out whether it is right for your small business. It also allows for ongoing automated campaigns that are great also if you have a small team and cannot afford to send campaigns every day or week. They get sent on their own based on criteria. It is great that you can schedule your email campaigns and not have to think about them. We love the fact that as an ecommerce business it integrates well with the store.
December 12, 2019

So easy to use that even the community orchestra can use it!

Our entire organization is using Mailchimp to send email blasts to both our member base regarding rehearsals and pertinent info, but also to our patrons. We use Mailchimp to advertise concerts, events, and fundraising. Mailchimp makes it easy for our board members in charge of marketing to send out an email to every patron who has ever come to one of our concerts. We get a large reach through this product.
  • Very user-friendly - We are not tech-savvy in this non-profit and needed something simple to use.
  • Email templates are clean and fit our needs.
  • When using the free version emails are sent out with the Mailchimp logo at the bottom.
  • Simple and easy email templates do not always fit with what you want/need.
Mailchimp is very well suited for most email marketing needs. If you are sending out something that you wish to really have your hand in the design, the templates may not work as well. Things do not snap in to place like you may want. For our organization that is not tech-savvy and is not spending a lot of time on email marketing, Mailchimp is a simple savior!
December 11, 2019

Solid email marketing platform with enterprise-level features and entry-level prices

Mailchimp is used by our marketing and communications team to send targeted emails to clients and prospects. We also use it on behalf of clients to send out email communications to their contact lists. Mailchimp allows for the easy sending of emails and integrates nicely with our website to collect subscription data and allows us to send out emails to targeted lists and measure the success of the campaign.
  • Mobile-friendly templates that are easy to customize.
  • Email design tools are highly intuitive and easy to learn.
  • List management could be better, not as sophisticated as a full blow marketing automation platform.
  • Automated campaigns have come a long way but not as useful as a full blow marketing automation platform.
Mailchimp is a solid platform for companies that need more than an entry-level platform like Constant Contact can offer but don't require the sophistication and advanced functionality of a marketing automation platform like Marketo or HubSpot. If you are looking for a solid, budget-friendly email marketing tool that gives you a high level of functionality without the high cost of a more enterprise tool, Mailchimp is perfect.
December 04, 2019

The King of email marketing, now a versatile All-In-One Marketing Platform

Mailchimp is currently utilized as the email marketing platform for the business. Customers can opt into the newsletter via store checkout or via signup form located across numerous platforms around the internet. Currently Mailchimp is used exclusively for email marketing and not to the full marketing-platform they have recently grown into.
  • Easy to build new email marketing newsletters using pre-built templates.
  • Detailed analytics showing conversation rates and contact performance based on individual performance.
  • Versatile platform is easy to integrate into any system.
  • Well known and respected marketing platform guarantees high delivery rates for large email lists (less chance emails will be blocked at server level to reduce spam).
  • Smartphone app is extremely versatile and handy, useful for re-sending emails, generating new campaigns, and reviewing performance of recent campaigns.
  • Excellent e-commerce integration shows performance of customers relative to marketing initiatives.
  • New All-in-one marketing works great, but pricing structure makes program challenging for small businesses making switch from free to paid plans. One must "archive" old unsubscribed contacts to avoid being "counted" towards subscription totals.
  • Campaign management view on the website feels very dated. Could use additional sub-categories to help group larger projects together. Sometimes it's hard to find older campaigns without remembering exactly what name was used for the campaign. Either categories or tags would be very helpful to organize projects.
  • More detailed info on "contact rating" - I feel like they should list which factors went into that decision based on the user. Some users have more data points to generate this score than other contacts.
I was a lot more satisfied with the pricing structure when Mailchimp was a simple email marketing platform. It has grown into a much larger all-in-one marketing platform which I admit is quite versatile, but maybe a bit more than one needs. I think one really needs to consider all the features you're getting when you sign up for Mailchimp. If you're only looking to pay for a simple email marketing platform you might find a better deal elsewhere. If you're looking for a versatile email/banner ad/postcard platform to keep in touch with your best customers, sure it's worth the money.
March 10, 2020

Great all-in-one reliable platform

I have several clients who use MailChimp as their email marketing system and email automation software. This is used by the marketing and sales department.
  • Mailchimp is the best free software for email marketing for 2500 people or less.
  • Great reporting.
  • It is easy to learn and use.
  • The paid versions are very expensive.
  • Mailchimp has not been innovating very much and so it's competitors are coming out with better features and products.
If you are looking for a free email marketing software then Mailchimp is the best. Mailchimp paid version is one of the best options if you can afford it. However, if this is out of your budget then there are alternatives like Flodesk.
February 18, 2020

Mailchimp Review

Mailchimp is used for the whole organization to develop newsletters to keep our existing clients up to date.
  • Provides templates that helps create a campaign
  • Audience list is fully customizable
  • Reporting on campaigns sent out
  • Can use live view, like Omnisend provides for visits on the website
  • More assistance with templates, provide photos and unique text
  • More user friendly templates, more customization
Mailchimp is well suited to reach a large group of people. Not suited for one-on-one email communication.
January 20, 2020

Great product for the technically challenged

We use Mailchimp for several clients. Some of my clients use it for informational newsletters and others for direct advertising, both B2C and B2B. It’s very simple, quick and the support information is great.
  • Ease of use
  • Premise templates
  • Reporting
  • Technical support for email lists
Mailchimp is good for companies with a single objective. Unless you have the budget for higher versions it can be difficult to customize lists and sends.
January 19, 2020

Why Mailchimp is the software of choice of small/medium businesses

We are a digital marketing agency that is divided into two different areas - video production and digital marketing. Mailchimp is our software of choice when we create complex digital marketing campaigns for our clients that include funnels and a mix of paid media and email marketing. For our landing pages we use Unbounce and With Unbounce’s Mailchimp integration, we can send our customers' newly acquired leads directly into their Mailchimp account.
  • Mailchimp can be easily integrated with Unbounce so leads can be sent directly into the Mailchimp account.
  • Templates are easy to customize even for non-coders.
  • We only use custom templates but the pre-made templates could have better design and more interesting layouts.
  • Integration with WordPress and the MailChimp plugin is not the best IMO.
Mailchimp is very well suited for any small or medium size business - we love the user interface and it's not difficult to learn.
January 10, 2020

Mailchimp is great - unless you integrate with Salesforce

We use Mailchimp for our email blasts and to send out our e-newsletter. Our marketing and communications department uses it and not our whole organization.
  • Great basic email marketing.
  • Easy to use templates.
  • Poor integration with Salesforce.
  • Email deliverability.
I would recommend Mailchimp if you don't need a Salesforce integration. It is best for entry-level email marketing for small and medium businesses.
January 10, 2020

MailChimp is a Chump

A year after I wrote the worst review possible of this terrible company, they have the nerve to try to bribe me with $25 to revise my review. Ok - here is my revision: MailChimp is the absolute worst mail system I ever tried and I will never ever ever use it again. I use Vertical Response and encourage everyone to try VR because it's cheaper and better in every way. MailChimp overcharged me, blocked my entire list and caused me to miss an important campaign. Why? No reason - my valid email list was simply blocked by their system and they have no customer service to help. The worst mail system ever and I will never use it again. MailChimp cost my company valuable time and using MailChimp led directly to a loss in revenue. Never, ever again and I hope MailChimp goes out of business - today! Bye!
  • They tried to bribe me for a good review - really bad form Mailchimp - I hate you!
  • They avoid any and all contact with their customers really well
  • They put systems in place to protect themselves and make your life difficult
  • Opt in email requires a phone number. However, MailChimp has no phone support. Fail.
  • They block valid opt in email addresses with no recourse to unblock them other than sending their email to MY recipients to reconfirm something they already did. No - you don't get to contact my customers to reconfirm.
  • Overpriced for what they offer. Total waste of money for what I got, especially since they blocked thousands of valid emails on my opt in list.
If you read good reviews of MailChimp, know that they pay people to write their reviews. I am being paid $25 for this review. I will never use MailChimp again. Their service had a direct negative impact on my business. The fact that they have to pay for reviews proves how bad they really are. Don't use Mailchimp. They are chumps.
January 09, 2020

Great for small simple businesses

We used it to help us create an email for an email campaign. I don't use it to send large campaigns because I don't like the reporting or feature set as much as other available options.
  • Easy email creation.
  • Great email templates.
  • Reporting and sender status.
  • Support.
Mailchimp is well suited for a small team or an entrepreneur looking to send some emails to a list of targets.
January 08, 2020

Perfect for Starting Out

We use Mailchimp for about half of our clients' email marketing campaigns. We collect email addresses on their website, send out monthly newsletters, create basic landing pages, and basic email workflows for lead nurturing.
  • Easy, user-friendly content builder for creating mobile-friendly emails
  • Useful content builder for creating landing pages
  • Forwarding emails from website email capture directly to specific lists
  • I wish there was more customization / features for individual contacts -- so I could watch how they've engaged with email over time.
Mailchimp is perfect for businesses just starting out, as the free features are enough to sustain most basic email marketing -- website capture, newsletters, and very basic landing pages collecting forms.

WYSIWYG email editor (205)
Dynamic content (200)
Ability to test dynamic content (193)
Landing pages (146)
A/B testing (168)
Mobile optimization (205)
Email deliverability reporting (223)
List management (220)
Triggered drip sequences (144)
Lead nurturing (2)
Lead scoring and grading (1)
Data quality management (1)
Automated sales alerts and tasks (1)
Calendaring (1)
Event/webinar marketing (1)
Social sharing and campaigns (2)
10.0
Social profile integration (1)
Dashboards (62)
Standard reports (218)
Custom reports (40)
API (2)
Role-based workflow & approvals (1)
Customizability (2)
6.5
Integration with Salesforce.com (2)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (2)
Integration with SugarCRM (2)

About Mailchimp

Mailchimp is an all-in-one Marketing Platform for small businesses. The vendor says its goal is to help small businesses market smarter so they can grow faster. Mailchimp aims to be the backbone for customer relationships, with AI-powered, user-friendly tools. Mailchimp is designed to put the audience at the center so users can send marketing emails and automated messages, create targeted ad campaigns, build landing pages, send postcards, facilitate reporting and analytics, and sell online. The vendor reports that millions of businesses and individuals - from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies - use Mailchimp to connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place. Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta, GA, Mailchimp has 1000+ employees and is privately held.

Mailchimp Features

Email & Online Marketing Features
Has featureWYSIWYG email editor
Has featureDynamic content
Has featureAbility to test dynamic content
Has featureLanding pages
Has featureA/B testing
Has featureMobile optimization
Has featureEmail deliverability reporting
Has featureList management
Has featureTriggered drip sequences
Lead Management Features
Does not have featureLead nurturing
Does not have featureLead scoring and grading
Does not have featureData quality management
Does not have featureAutomated sales alerts and tasks
Campaign Management Features
Does not have featureCalendaring
Does not have featureEvent/webinar marketing
Social Media Marketing Features
Does not have featureSocial sharing and campaigns
Does not have featureSocial profile integration
Reporting & Analytics Features
Does not have featureDashboards
Has featureStandard reports
Does not have featureCustom reports
Platform & Infrastructure Features
Does not have featureAPI
Does not have featureRole-based workflow & approvals
Does not have featureCustomizability
Does not have featureIntegration with Salesforce.com
Does not have featureIntegration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Does not have featureIntegration with SugarCRM

Mailchimp Screenshots