Mailchimp Reviews

November 06, 2019

Great Tool for Email Marketing

We utilize Mailchimp to manage drip campaigns for various customer segments. Also to track customer interaction with our corporate and product communications. Mailchimp allows us to develop targeted campaigns that have been tested for particular segments.
  • Drip campaigns.
  • Customer segmentation.
  • Reporting and metrics.
  • Integration with e-commerce systems.
  • Management of customer across lists.
Mailchimp is great for scheduled email communications, drip campaigns, and email reporting and metrics.
October 07, 2019

Great for email marketing and feature notifications

We use Mailchimp for our Marketing and Development Departments. The Marketing Department primarily uses Mailchimp to blast out our marketing emails and our Development Department utilizes Mailchimp to notify our existing customers of new features that are added to our EMR platform.
  • Schedule e-mail blasts. With the ability at the start of every month to set it and forget it.
  • Very easy to use and setup with great technical support.
  • It's cheap compared to other competitors.
  • The web interface needs a better UI design that's more friendly.
  • Wish Mailchimp had better web-tracking tools.
  • Better API integration with Office 365.
Mailchimp is great for any Marketing Department to perform email blasts to potential new customer acquisitions and new feature notifications.
August 05, 2019

The most used email marketing tool.

We use MailChimp for creating awareness of our products and campaigns to all the contacts that are collected during our activation events and expos where people attend and their contact is feed into the system. We also use the subscription service for all interested prospects via our website.
  • Email scheduling where we only set emails and also get the appropriate time to send them to our clients.
  • Makes the work of identifying actual prospects within by providing analysis of responses from prospects.
  • Making the marketing campaigns easier for our marketing team.
  • The user interface to me is not very great hence not very friendly.
  • It does not offer all social platforms in its integration which would have been so nice to those who prefer using such platforms.
Mail-chimp is effective in doing campaigns for small companies since it is very affordable and also the social media capabilities are very awesome in creating more awareness of our products.
November 29, 2019

Great tool to reach the masses

We use Mailchimp to send email blasts to our current customers about new features being launched on our platform. We also send monthly updates to our customers. We have a separate list of emails we’ve collected through various channels that we’ll use to send out blast cold emails about our platform to potential customers. We then track the open rate to see who is opening the email.
  • You can email a lot of people at once.
  • You can have different lists for different purposes.
  • You can track the click/open rate.
  • Sometimes it can be a bit clunky.
  • The design aspect feels limited at times.
If you are looking to send an email to a lot of people at once, it is great for that. If you’re merely looking to email one person at a time, Mailchimp wouldn’t be the best for that.
July 31, 2019

Easy and fun way to reach your customers

We use this program to email our entire customer database. We alert them of sales as well as send them order confirmation and updates. It helps us directly connect with our customer as we are a drop-shipping company and need to be in contact with the customer from the start of their purchase to the end.
  • Able to customize send lists.
  • Easy email builder, a beginner can use this.
  • More in depth analytics
It is great for sending out emails for a small company. This is a great, easy to use software that is a great match for just starting out sending emails. That being said, it is great for experienced users as well. Mailchimp has a fun personality and sense of humor that comes through in their software.
July 06, 2019

Mailchimp..."Yeah It's Pretty Cool"

I used Mailchimp to deploy emails & newsletters, design and manage the company blog, maintain lists and pull metrics.
  • Mailchimp is great for A/B testing content.
  • Analytics
  • List segmentation
  • The program's ease of use and design elements were very helpful to me as someone who does not code. I was able to manipulate the templates to develop a blog design that worked great for my company.
  • Pricing. It was a bit more expensive than some of its competitors, especially given that they are pretty similar as far as functionality goes.
Mailchimp is great for segmenting emails and lists, as well as testing subject lines and content on subsets of your lists.
September 20, 2019

Mailchimp is great for our e-commerce business

We send out newsletters around once a month to keep our customers updated on new products and promotions. It is a great visual way to get our message across and link directly to the products concerned for ease of reference.
  • Easy layout
  • easy to add gifs and videos
  • great to schedule the time it goes out
  • great feature of advising the best time to send out
  • analytics are great to access results
  • I like everything
Great for e-commerce businesses to showcase new products
Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 06, 2018

Mailchimp is best at what it's name suggests - email!

We use Mailchimp to handle all of our email newsletters that go out to various lists we have which includes both B2B and B2C customers. It is our main resource for being in touch with all of our customers and interested parties. We also use integrations to connect our Mailchimp account with our website provider as well as some social channels in order to provide opportunities for people to sign up for our mailing list. Mailchimp also provides an easy to use service for creating ads on social media networks like Facebook and Instagram. We use this occasionally and it works very well.
  • Mailchimp, as the name suggests, excels at email. The platform is easy to use, has templates that make getting started easy and looks incredibly professional. The terminology is made simple so that anyone can understand what is necessary at each phase of crafting emails and deciding on what features to use (or not use).
  • List management with Mailchimp is very easy. There are multiple ways to create or add to lists - name sand email addresses can be added manually; a csv file can be uploaded and integrated into a list; users can sign up and add themselves via sign up forms on websites and social media; and, my personal favorite is the Subscribe app that Mailchimp offers. For companies that want to add people to their lists from on-site locations like a trade show or expo, the app allows people to add their name and email and then automatically syncs that info with a predetermined list.
  • One thing that Mailchimp does that, in my opinion, is better than many other email providers is their free option. Many other providers will give you 30 or 60 days free to try out their platform. What Mailchimp does is allow you to use their service completely free up to 2000 (or maybe 2500, I don't remember) people on your lists. So for small companies that are just starting out and growing their lists, they can use Mailchimp for as long as they want until they go above that 2000 limit. There's no time limit.
  • Mailchimp's Help, FAQ and knowledge-base section is INCREDIBLY deep. So much so that sometimes each article or question answer leads to another one, and then another one, so much so that the actual answer you are looking for can actually seem pretty complex. That may or may not necessarily be Mailchimp's fault as it depends on what kind of answers one is looking for. And, while much of the time, the answers are very clear, I've found that occasionally some answers or articles are not necessarily so easy to understand.
  • During the entire GDPR "countdown" I found it hard to navigate what the requirements were and how I could make sure I was in compliance. I assumed that Mailchimp would have an extensive explanation of how to take care of it. While they did provide some resources, I found them not very helpful. I did reach out to their support team and all I got back was an answer directing me to the same articles that weren't clear enough to begin with. For a company that does good job of taking complicated processes and lingo and turning them into a completely doable tasks, I found the support to be lacking in this instance. Who knows wha that means for things like this in the future, but it was an example where I was not happy with the support provided.
  • This is more of a pet peeve, but when editing an email certain functions are not editable the way I wish they'd be. For example, if I want to add an image group of three pictures to an email, Mailchimp allows to choose from a few different options in how those images are laid out. Those options are not always enough. I find myself sometimes wanting more options to choose from.
As I've already mentioned, Mailchimp is absolutely fantastic for email communication between your business and your customers/subscribers. Especially if you're just getting started, Mailchimp is a no brainer. You don't have to worry about making sure to utilize the platform enough times in 30 days before your trial period runs out. The fact that they allow you to use the platform completely free up to 2000 subscribers is a big plus in my book. This is a better way to give people and businesses a chance to see if this platform is the right one for them.

Mailchimp also has an Automations feature which can be used very cleverly. Its a way to interact with your subscribers via email without actually having to do anything. You set the emails up once and then the automation takes over, intelligently sending out emails to people based on their behaviors and interactions with your campaigns. Great stuff. For example, if you send out a welcome email to new subscribers, Mailchimp can automatically send out different follow up emails to those subscribers based on whether they didn't open it up, opened it o clicked on a link in the email.
Read Daniel Shatzkes CEO Entrepreneur, Manufacturer, Musician's full review
Mauro García Aurelio | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 21, 2019

A great user interface with many features that will allow you to manage your mail campaigns in the best way

We usually use this tool in the customer service department and sales, to communicate news of all kinds: from commercial issues to improvements in the product that we sell. It is really easy to manage email lists for our clients with this tool, and the results since its implementation have pleasantly surprised us. It has allowed us to relate much better with our customers and stay closer than we had been.
  • An incredible user interface, very intuitive and modern. They changed the aesthetics of the product not long ago without losing the essence of a good UI.
  • It has all the functionalities required for the management of email campaigns. Even in the lowest plans, the application has many features.
  • It has an excellent guide to help and support the user, because although the interface and usability in general are positive, it has a large number of functionalities, which means it requires a certain degree of training for some aspects and tasks to be performed.
  • Often aesthetic questions have been changed, which means that, to a very small extent, attention must be paid in order to be able to use functions that we previously knew.
If what you require is to manage communication with your clients, Mailchimp will help you create email campaigns for different lists in a very easy and accessible way. It is ideal in particular for those that have a large volume of emails and communications to make, and has great scalability, being able to make integrations with spreadsheets, for example.
Read Mauro García Aurelio's full review
Sarah Garrett | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 23, 2019

Mailchimp is perfect for small businesses!

I use Mailchimp for any kind of company communications, our monthly newsletter etc. We are a smaller company so our "subscribers" or employees only amount to 40, so the service is free. It's great for what we use it for. I am able to create great infographics to send to our employees. I love that I can also track who has opened the email or not.
  • Templates that are offered for the free service are more than what you need.
  • If you have only a few subscribers Mailchimp is awesome!!
  • Great way to track engagement!
  • While it does seem like they are making some upgrades, the free service is very elementary, and doesn't give a lot of options.
  • The editing of pictures function isn't super user-friendly. It takes some user error.
  • Wish my company would pay for the service!
I love Mailchimp for sending our company newsletter! It's a great free service that we use to inform our employees easily in a clean format. AIt allows you to track who has viewed whatever has been sent out, and it's really nice to know who is informed and who is not. We might not use this as it is intended.
Read Sarah Garrett's full review
May 20, 2019

Mailchimp is Great for Beginners

Mailchimp is being used at our organization to send out relevant segmented newsletters to our blog subscribers. We use it in a limited capacity, but in the past, with the health blog I worked for as a freelancer, we used more customization aspects to deliver personalized emails.
  • Personalization.
  • User-friendly.
  • Relevant.
  • More advanced capabilities for technical users.
  • More integrations with other technology.
  • Better subscriber management.
It's good to use as a starter email marketing platform. If you are more advanced in the field, I would recommend a more thorough software, such as a marketing automation platform. Email marketing is great for beginners, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone who is more well-versed in the field.
Shashank Chaturvedi | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 10, 2018

Awesome tool to communicate with your customers electronically.

My organization deals into Real Estate. And we usually require newsletters and promotional contents to inform our clients about the ongoing situation in Real Estate market. So we use this tool to send newsletters and promotional contents to our clients. This tool is quite good in this so It is used by Marketing department. It helps us to find prospects also for our products.
  • Its user interface is awesome. It doesn't require any technical skill to operate it.
  • To create a newsletter or any promotional content it has Drag and Drop option. So users don't need to learn html or other coding methods to design the content.
  • Its technical advancement of delivering promotional mails without going into spam. The success rate is 100%.
  • Various analytical tools associated with MailChimp gives you the complete analysis of your promotional campaign. You can check which client has opened your email at what time, on what system and at which location.
  • They should include some more fonts in its Drag and Drop feature. It will give the user more options to make the content beautiful and impressive.
  • Its web application is very good but its mobile application is not that good. I once used it but i find it difficult to design a newsletters because of its user interface. And mobile application had crashed also multiple times.
  • When we go on higher subscriber base I find its pricing on a higher side. It seems un-affordable for small businesses like us.
It's well suited when you want to start building an email list. Initially you can use its free version to scale up your email list and business also and then you can move to paid version. It is very well suited for promotional emails where you can get good number of prospective leads for your products or services.
It's not appropriate to send individual emails.
Read Shashank Chaturvedi's full review
Megan Sullivan | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 19, 2018

User-Friendly MailChimp

MailChimp is used to set up and execute our Email Marketing Campaigns. It is used by our Marketing Department and allows for another customer touch point.
  • The system is very to learn therefore you can get up and running quickly.
  • It provides easy setup of campaigns.
  • It allows for basic metrics on how your campaigns perform.
  • It would be great if you could set up campaigns for multiple locations as one campaign instead of individual campaigns.
MailChimp is a well suited for small businesses as a way to kick off your Email Marketing Program.
Read Megan Sullivan's full review
Jean Mwelsa | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 26, 2018

The modern marketer's personal friend.

MailChimp is used by the marketing department at my company. We have strictly used this tool to send email newsletters to thousands of our customers. These newsletters are important to the marketing department, as it serves as a cheap but effective medium for the marketing team to ensure our brand stays in the face of our customers, even during periods when they aren't using our services.
The modern-day customer has so many brands being put in their faces, and it is the brand whom they see or hear from on a regular basis, that they eventually patronize whenever they need the type of service they offer.
  • Compatible email templates; MailChimp email templates fit all device screen sizes perfectly. From smartphones, tablets, iPads, and PC. This makes it possible for every reader of our newsletters to get a perfect experience while reading our emails.
  • Multi-template; As a user of MailChimp, I am provided with multiple newsletter templates to choose from, ensuring I am able to personalize each newsletter designs to be different from the one of past, without the need to always beckon on the graphic design team for input.
  • Analytical insights; MailChimp provides us with vital reporting stats regarding the performance of our email campaigns. Thereby giving us the means to refine and optimize our email marketing campaigns, to make it more effective.
  • Poor customer support: There have been few occasions when we encountered issues while using this program. It was always very difficult to contact the team behind this program; and the times when we were able to get across to them, it took days to even get a response. While users are provided with tons of support materials, it is always important for users to be able to reach out to a real human for complaints and suggestions.
  • Inconsistency in UI: MailChimp is inconsistent with how they regularly alter their user interface with every update, which can be annoying and requires the team to relearn the software navigation after every new update.
MailChimp is perfect for email newsletters as it provides marketing teams with everything they expect from an email marketing solution like analytics, ease of use, high inbox email delivery ratio, out of the box newsletter templates etc

MailChimp is the ideal solution for companies who need to send large email volumes. MailChimp is able to send thousands of emails at a go, in a matter of seconds.

Personally, MailChimp is the go-to solution for any form of email marketing. As it has a high deliverability ratio, very affordable, and also provides users with very important stats like how many of our email recipients opened our mail, and how many left it unopened, the number of clicks generated by the content in our marketing emails etc.

Read Jean Mwelsa's full review
Rob Abid | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 24, 2018

Good, Almost Great

I appreciate the ability to track analytics through MailChimp. Since using MailChimp, we have increased our reach using email communication to our audience and been able to measure the most effective ways to reach our demographic. Moreover, the ability to test emails at different times of day to see what will perform better has been a great asset! Additionally, the ability for folks to unsubscribe directly in the email is invaluable, especially when emailing 6,000+ students.
  • Providing analytics. The data derived from MailChimp has been useful in crafting and adjusting our electronic communications to our audience. Particularly, the click rate of links and the open rate of the emails.
  • Style of emails. The presentation of the finished product looks polished and professional. Since using MailChimp, our engagement with electronic communication has significantly increased.
  • I really appreciate the ability to schedule emails in the future. I can create an email campaign to go out a week in advance. I used to have to set a calendar reminder to send our communication. This has eliminated the issue of forgetting to send the email and allowed for me to write and plan ahead.
  • I wish there was a way for me to go into an old email campaign and be able to edit it after it has sent, or copy/duplicate it for future use. Different from a template in the sense that I often send repeat information, and being able to make a copy of a previous campaign would be more ideal than creating a new campaign using a template. If this exists, it's not easily found for me.
  • Designing email templates takes longer than I think it should. It can be a bit clunky to design the template and get it the way you want it, navigating the set up process. Similar difficulties exist when selecting font or style of text, headlines, etc.
In my experience, MailChimp is great for promoting a product or brand on a regular basis. I use it in Higher Education to communicate about Student Organizations to Student Leaders on a bi-monthly basis. It works well when you have multiple, large audiences you are trying to communicate with. You can keep your lists in one place and send communication easier. MailChimp is not useful for small email campaigns. I'd say if you're emailing less than 100 individuals, this service is not ideal for you. Additionally, if you're not communicating at least once a month, it is not money well spent. On the other end, I would say communicating more than once a week is overboard, and will adversely affect your purpose for using the platform.
Read Rob Abid's full review
Joshua Burcham | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 22, 2018

I'm bananas for MailChimp.

I use MailChimp to manage email marketing campaigns for several of my clients. Most of my clients are high-end fine art and antique dealers. We use MailChimp to communicate with their existing customers about new acquisitions, upcoming events, sales, etc. We also use it to segment customer based on interest, so we can target emails directly to people who are most likely to be interested in the content.
  • Makes designing eye-catching emails easy. Their drag-and-drop system makes it very easy to design and rearrange the content blocks, and be confident that it's going to look great on almost all email clients.
  • Managing email lists. I have integrated MailChimp with two customer management systems that makes it easy and automatic to add new email addresses to the MailChimp lists.
  • Making sign-up forms on websites. MailChimp generates the code needed to embed an email newsletter sign-up form on your website.
  • Because MailChimp is so popular they integrate with lots of systems. For example, there are numerous WordPress plug-ins that integrate MailChimp into your website.
  • A/B testing with MailChimp is also really easy. I commonly A/B test subject lines. They automatically use the winning subject line to send out to the remainder of my recipients.
  • When editing an email you have to edit the text in a panel in the sidebar. I would prefer if you could type and format directly in the preview pane as you can with some competitors.
  • They don't offer a "live view" of people opening the emails around the world. Some competitors do this. It's more of a gimmick than a useful reporting tool, but my clients love to watch it.
MailChimp is perfect for small businesses looking to easily stay in touch with clients via email. They offer lots of options regarding segmentation and automatic emails. They can also help with landing pages and pay per client advertising. Businesses looking to customize individual emails might be better off using the email capabilities of a CRM.
Read Joshua Burcham's full review
Charles Naud | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 25, 2018

Simple and Easy for Quick Wins

We're a start-up company (less than 20 employees) using MailChimp for all our marketing outreach communications. We send sales campaigns through MailChimp as well as weekly newsletters to our SaaS platform users to inform them about company and industry news. MailChimp is being used by two people in our sales & marketing team. MailChimp makes it simple for us to send professionally designed emails with multiple types of content to better engage our stakeholders.
  • The user interface is very simple to use and makes it easy to send out a professionally designed email in minutes
  • The integration to our CRM systems means we don't need to worry about who we've sent emails to and aligning our databases
  • The integration to our website sign ups helps to easily manage visitors who sign up to our newsletters
  • Managing of different lists can be tricky
  • HTML issues in the email creator sometimes generate font style errors in the email
  • The analytics section needs improvement. For example, the click-throughs can't be easily tracked over a large list of recipients
Very suited to a small team with limited resources to spend on designing campaigns: this tool will do the trick for anyone, without prior knowledge or experience needed. MailChimp is probably less suited to larger companies with complex outreach cadences or multiple recipient lists. The email template and tools can be limiting for an experienced marketing designer.
Read Charles Naud's full review
Antonio Lorenzo | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 04, 2017

Best free service for small company, easy to use and time saving

Starting and following an email marketing campaign is easier with MailChimp. I found it easy to use and I immediately understood the tools and ways of using the platform. It also helps me to track down the success of my campaigns, and also which user are more active than others in reading and reacting to my campaign.
  • You can schedule emails to deliver at a specific time (even for each time zone).
  • You can see who's reading it and who's deleting them. Also who reacts better by clicking the links and pics inside your email.
  • With the free version you have all the right tools to build up great email marketing campaigns.
  • You can send the campaign to a segment of your list.
  • I find limits on the design side. You can use templates but sometimes you need freedom on the design, and you don't have it.
I think that MailChimp is one of the best email marketing services available as an online platform, because it's free and because it's easy to use by anyone, regardless of their experience. I started knowing nothing about email marketing or about the platform. I helped myself with the mailchimp blog and some blog posts on the internet. I managed to do all the work thanks to the simplicity of MailChimp. (Also they offer a great little gift for Christmas!). I think it's the best for a little company that has to manage with not a lot of time many things (including and email marketing campaign).
Read Antonio Lorenzo's full review
Seth Tucker | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 28, 2017

I'm not monkeying around, MailChimp is great!

We have used MailChimp as the primary method for sending out email announcements for new product features, and some blog posts. All of our free trial sign-ups also get synced into our MailChimp account, as well as all of the system users and their emails get synced into MailChimp so we can send email blasts for any system wide announcements.
  • What MailChimp does really well is what it was originally designed to do: manage email lists and segment email lists. Sounds silly, but not email providers are good at being able to segment lists, or their functions to accomplish it are clunky.
  • Our development team really enjoys MailChimp because the API is easy to work with, so we can sync our system users into MailChimp for sending email blasts. This ties into the list segmenting, because not all users are the same, and don't always need the same announcements.
  • We don't enjoy setting up the automated email sequences. I personally find the process that MailChimp has to be very frustrating, and I find a lot of the instructions can be very difficult to read. The instructions are written well, but I feel like the voice of the help articles is just too short and sweet. Since setting up the sequences isn't as intuitive as I think it should be, it takes time to setup the sequences the way I would like to which can be a little frustrating.
MailChimp overall is a great solution, but for anyone that isn't very technical, I don't recommend them. I find that people who aren't tech savvy end up being very overwhelmed by MailChimp, and easily get confused. Otherwise, I generally recommend MailChimp as primary email marketing provider for people to use.
Read Seth Tucker's full review
Hilda Adeniji | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 31, 2018

MailChimp Review

I use MailChimp for both internal and external newsletter. It is a great tool to monitor engagement, create customized templates, and advertising for a larger reach. It is also more cost effective than our print / mail publications. It is used mostly by our marketing team.
  • Tracking
  • Integration
  • Responsive Design
  • Customer support response time
  • More flexibility with survey integration into layout
  • Integration with tools like Canva
[MailChimp is well suited for] email outreach and engagement.
Read Hilda Adeniji's full review
Michelle Hidalgo | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 08, 2017

MailChimp is a great marketing solutions software

MailChimp is being used overall for my company and I work for the Foundation and we use this as well to send monthly e-blasts to all our members or specific audiences. It's a fast, user-friendly template and it's very easy to send emails for any need while including social media, video links.
  • MailChimp makes it very easy to send emails to our members and donors. We currently send a personalized email to members to conduct marketing research.
  • It provides detailed response, open rates and other email statistics.
  • The template is easy to use and you may include images, social media icons and video links.
  • The template designs could be more updated and visually appealing. The template is limited and doesn't leave much room for versatility.
  • It would be great if you could upload videos directly in the email and not just link them to YouTube.
  • No email, chat support unless you are a paid user.
MailChimp is great for marketing and fundraising needs. It really suits all email and communication needs unless you need something such as video embedding within emails or more advanced technology. I currently send monthly e-blasts to our members and donors while including large visuals, video links, social media icons, and links.
Read Michelle Hidalgo's full review
Marissa White | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 15, 2017

MailChimp - Excellent way to send information and track

I am a consultant and use mailchimp to send a regular newsletter.
  • Excellent integration with other tools (Wordpress, Hubspot, etc)
  • Super easy to edit and use
  • Fantastic price - £0!
It tracks opens and clicks, if you do this with much more volume perhaps marketing automation makes sense.
Read Marissa White's full review
Toby Mei | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 23, 2017

A nice email marketing tool with features and integration

We use MailChimp to send out marketing/sales emails to our customers and subscribers. We have several segmented lists on MailChimp. Once in a while we use the sign up form to collect basic information from the subscribers at some events.
  • Simple UI to navigate. very clean design.
  • Integration with commonly used marketing and eCommerce platforms. Integrated with HubSpot, Salesforce, BigCommerce...
  • Easy to manage lists.
  • Can't send out one email to multiple lists. Have to choose one at a time.
  • Can't remove a block in the template once the template is selected for the campaign.
  • When it comes to emails on mobile screen, it's a bit harder to adjust the design elements than the desktop version.
A nice email marketing tool to start with, packed with most common features and integrations. Simple and easy to use and create campaigns, manage lists.
Read Toby Mei's full review
Sam Doshi | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 03, 2017

Mail Chimp is Bananas (That is it is quite a 'peel' ing ... get it?) it's good trust!

We used mailchimp to market to existing users, newsletter readers and interested groups. Designing and executing campaigns for our site http://www.relayo.com/ com was fast and easy taking less than 10 mins. Having in house stats, opt in out and management, and performance KPIs made things smooth. There are a lot of other platforms out there but users recognize mail chimp and that echoes trust so that is a plus. The dashboard is simple and minimalistic with a lot of powerful information which makes for a great balance.
  • Stats
  • Dashboard for campaign management
  • Templates
  • List management
  • Opt in interest management
  • Social and link integration
  • They are too sensitive to opt outs and can easily lock users out having to double opt in which is a pain.
Managing newsletter users and fresh onboarded users for a website or app. They create simple layouts that offer up information in an easy to read way which makes info digest easier for your subscribers. MailChimp has wide adoption so that is a brand trust builder and makes recognition by users positive.
Read Sam Doshi's full review
Dustin Davis | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 30, 2017

Professional Looking Emails in Minutes

Currently I am using MailChimp to reach out to past customers and prospects. We send emails that offer promotions, showcase new items that have recently launched on the website, and to be a reminder that we are still here. We get a great percentage of engagement with our MailChimp campaigns. They have really helped solve the problem of sending complicated emails for small businesses. It takes no time to setup a very professional looking email.
  • The drag and drop design template. One of my favorite features. You can create professional email templates with ease. If the drag and drop doesn't have the exact layout you're looking for, you can also custom code your own.
  • Analytics. I'm a huge fan of the mailchimp analytical data, they go as far as showing you which button in the email was clicked the most, its extremely helpful in knowing which products to put more focus on.
  • Duplicate email. You can "copy and paste" an old email template and then replace the text and photos, no need to create or recreate a layout every time you want to send an email.
  • I mentioned I love the drag and drop, but it's not perfect. There are limitations, it would be great to be able to place more than 2 products side by side.
  • Price can be steep when you reach a certain amount of subscribers. Not a good idea to do a mass import if you're a new company with no revenue.
Mailchimp is perfect for a company just starting out and is looking for a professional email platform. Mailchimp allows you to grow at your own speed, and can as easily handle a large mailing list as it can a small.
Read Dustin Davis's full review

WYSIWYG email editor (205)
Dynamic content (200)
Ability to test dynamic content (193)
Landing pages (146)
A/B testing (168)
Mobile optimization (205)
Email deliverability reporting (223)
List management (220)
Triggered drip sequences (144)
Lead nurturing (2)
Lead scoring and grading (1)
Data quality management (1)
Automated sales alerts and tasks (1)
Calendaring (1)
Event/webinar marketing (1)
Social sharing and campaigns (2)
10.0
Social profile integration (1)
Dashboards (62)
Standard reports (218)
Custom reports (40)
API (2)
Role-based workflow & approvals (1)
Customizability (2)
6.5
Integration with Salesforce.com (2)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (2)
Integration with SugarCRM (2)

About Mailchimp

Mailchimp is an all-in-one Marketing Platform for small businesses. The vendor says its goal is to help small businesses market smarter so they can grow faster. Mailchimp aims to be the backbone for customer relationships, with AI-powered, user-friendly tools. Mailchimp is designed to put the audience at the center so users can send marketing emails and automated messages, create targeted ad campaigns, build landing pages, send postcards, facilitate reporting and analytics, and sell online. The vendor reports that millions of businesses and individuals - from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies - use Mailchimp to connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place. Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta, GA, Mailchimp has 1000+ employees and is privately held.

Mailchimp Features

Email & Online Marketing Features
Has featureWYSIWYG email editor
Has featureDynamic content
Has featureAbility to test dynamic content
Has featureLanding pages
Has featureA/B testing
Has featureMobile optimization
Has featureEmail deliverability reporting
Has featureList management
Has featureTriggered drip sequences
Lead Management Features
Does not have featureLead nurturing
Does not have featureLead scoring and grading
Does not have featureData quality management
Does not have featureAutomated sales alerts and tasks
Campaign Management Features
Does not have featureCalendaring
Does not have featureEvent/webinar marketing
Social Media Marketing Features
Does not have featureSocial sharing and campaigns
Does not have featureSocial profile integration
Reporting & Analytics Features
Does not have featureDashboards
Has featureStandard reports
Does not have featureCustom reports
Platform & Infrastructure Features
Does not have featureAPI
Does not have featureRole-based workflow & approvals
Does not have featureCustomizability
Does not have featureIntegration with Salesforce.com
Does not have featureIntegration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Does not have featureIntegration with SugarCRM

Mailchimp Screenshots