Mailchimp Reviews

August 10, 2020

Management of contact list for profit gain, something I didn't use to do

It was just being used in the sales and marketing department to capture leads and send mass email marketing to groups of contacts, divided by campaigns. It helped us in customizing emails, landing pages and optimizing time for sending to a large mass of contacts. A/B testing helped us to confirm which email title best converted into clicks and informed us the rate of conversion in general, by location, etc.
  • Possibility to copy and paste the signup form into website to get new contacts divided by groups really helps the marketing administrators in their campaigns.
  • The customization to create the landing page helped us to create good call to action to get new leads.
  • Reports of the A/B test email marketing helped us understand which email was the best conversion.
  • When I was editing the layout of the signup form, I had difficulty using the colors of the branding. The tool could be easier for users to customize the signup form the way they like. There are many buttons and options and the creation is limited.
  • Many times I had to change the content on the email marketing creation page, as they do not process images in high quality and many icons, causing the email not to reach the recipient's address. So I had to simplify the email and make it lighter so that it was sent to the recipients.
The free version of MailChimp is suitable for small businesses or those starting a business to acquire leads and filter them through marketing emails. In a scenario where the company has no contact to advertise your business and needs to start, creating campaigns on your website and company email. The tool helps in various situations and is a way for the user to train and learn to invest in a higher version of the tool.
It is not suitable for companies that are already solid or have many customer contacts because it only allows you to enter 2,000 contacts.
There are many features for marketing to use, in addition to the integrations that the tool brings such as social networks and WordPress. The customer journey is essential nowadays and allows marketing to automate all e-mails, only managing them later. This tool is very worthwhile for new entrepreneurs and marketers who want efficient results without having to invest in a tool they don't know yet. Gradually, when you see the results and find the tool easier to navigate, you can choose a higher version that allows you to store more contacts. I really appreciated and recommend it.
We benefit because we stop creating landing pages on the site, which is costly to use the tool option, just copy and paste the code to the site later. Furthermore, we had no lead control. We received the contacts from the site administrator and did nothing with them. After using MailChimp, we were able to know where those contacts came from, that is, landing page A or B, and we were able to send personalized emails to these lists according to their interests, increasing the conversion rate.
In addition, the user responsible for issuing e-mail marketing knew very little about HTML, so as the tool automatically converted the content to the code, we did not depend on someone qualified with the ability to code in HTML, making the work more agile and efficient.
Andrew Murphy | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 06, 2020

Mailchimp is the best way to build Brand Loyalty!

We used Mailchimp to reach our early backers. We launched using Mailchimp, we offered promotions through Mailchimp, and when we had to communicate development and manufacturing updates we used Mailchimp. It was crucial for us managing a mailing list to ensure everyone was actually interested in receiving our materials, and the email builder works really well if you’re on a limited team.
  • Email building.
  • Contact list management.
  • Segmented/targeted promotional emails.
  • Templates.
  • Customization of data fields.
  • Stronger Integrations with CRMs like HubSpot.
Mailchimp is suited for growing companies that want to keep their customers in the loop. I would recommend it to anyone trying to build early loyalty, especially in consumer markets. I haven’t used it for B2B marketing, but I’m unsure if I would use it over more 1 to 1 marketing for B2B sales.
Easy to import a list, set up a landing page, create your emails, and start sending. It’s probably one of the easiest tools I’ve started using - and if you do it correctly, you and easily, organically grown your mailing list with the tools provided! A useful tool for a up and coming company!
We’ve benefited from it, however we quickly transition to a B2B focus. Some things we needed a special tool for. That being said - Mailchimp has still reigned as our email marketing platform. It’s great for mass communication like newsletters or promotional emails. With strong integrations, I could see this being used well by B2B companies as well.
Read Andrew Murphy's full review
Freddy Stephen | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 06, 2020

Email automation and excellent promotional campaign management

The entire organization where I work is involved in the use of Mailchimp, we face some commercial problems such as the communication of all the necessary and specific information about all the progress of the company, as well as we plan connections to events, seminars and business conferences, we plan each details of the events, invitations and the time in which it will take place. It fully automates the management of emails, allowing us to have a constantly updated database, that emails are sent at the time we need and just to current and potential customers.
  • Email automation, which contributes to improving marketing campaigns and promotions. It provides multiple templates that makes it much easier to manage the sending of pre-processed emails, according to each situation quickly and easily.
  • Database for contacts, importing various documents from wherever you are to always keep the database updated.
  • Expand our ability to communicate with clients and colleagues.
  • Optimization in the configuration and customization process of each aspect of the platform as I need and want it.
  • The process of removing a client from a specific campaign can be complicated, because it does not provide an effective search system to eliminate the user from all the campaigns where he is registered. It is necessary to review campaign by campaign to be able to remove it from each one of them. Mailchimp needs better tools.
  • The process of updating the customer list database is not automated at all, it can be annoying to manually review and update each list.
  • When it starts it can be difficult to know the functions of each tool, and it does not provide the tutorials or demos necessary to properly understand its use.
It has fluid functions, which allow me to carry out my marketing work in a much simpler way and automate various processes of sending emails. I feel that more intuitive and automated tools are needed to speed up work.
At first it is not easy learning to configure so many tools at the same time, but once we focused on developing each function one by one, we realized that we could. So it is easy to use once we have mastered the use of each tool, as well as the customization and configuration of each email that we want to send, design and adjust the templates, as well as streamline marketing management quickly without any inconvenience.
We manage our marketing work more quickly, we streamline work in a single software, making our announcements and advertising campaigns quickly either by email or by different social networks, capturing the exact audience, being much more objective and specific.
Read Freddy Stephen's full review
June 18, 2020

My favorite mass mailing software.

Most of the departments in my organization use this software for sending mass email and newsletters. They use this software internally and externally as well. The Marketing department in my organization uses its services majorly. This software is very good at sending newsletters. We provide market insights to our customers via newsletters at frequent intervals.
  • This software has amazing user interface. I can easily navigate through this application.
  • The deliverability of this software is extremely good. It delivers 100 percent emails without spamming.
  • Template editor of this software is very intuitive. It has all the tools which are required to make beautiful email templates.
  • Sometimes its sign-in annoys me because of authentication via OTP even if I sign in with the correct password.
  • It has a small number of pre-designed email templates.
  • It does not allow users to delete subscribers for a week or so after sending a campaign.
This software is best in sending weekly and monthly newsletters. It gives amazing results. I use this software to create and send invitations internally and externally on various occasions. By attaching the signup forms we increase our subscribers also in various marketing campaigns. By doing this we can increase and maintain our database also.
This software has unparalleled usability in terms of wide range of editing tools, complete assurance of inbox deliverability, easy uploads of files for email templates, tagging contacts individually in the contact lists etc. These are the features make this software a market leader in Mass Mailing Software category. This software is most usable in Informative emails and transactional email as well.
In my organization marketing department uses this software extensively. They integrate this software with various other softwares for data uploads and for receiving marketing leads into CRM as well. I primarily use this software for creating my regular newsletters. This software allows me to upload my contacts from my database very easily and provides me complete marketing tools to create my content more attractive.
Stella Olsson | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 27, 2020

Mailchimp offers a new experience in doing Email Marketing

Mailchimp's platform has helped the organization and mainly me to expand with new clients and potential clients, allowing me to share newsletters, information, provide support and improve sales. It has helped us in facilitating instant and secure mass mailings, helping us to get our mails delivered correctly. Mailchimp has allowed us to manage our clients in an orderly way, being able to send the information to each specific client or group of clients that is subscribed to us. This platform has provided us with an excellent experience between employee and client, changing the way we share information and how our clients see us as a company.
  • The templates it offers are really good and easy to customize.
  • Their prices are very flexible, allowing the user to select the plan that best suits.
  • Mailchimp informs if an email was delivered correctly or not and if it was opened or not.
  • Its email editor is very comfortable and easy to use, allowing you to easily include images, audio, videos, etc.
  • The report generator is very easy to understand.
  • The interface is robust for new users.
  • They should include tutorials on the proper use of their tools as it is a bit frustrating trying to guess how it works.
  • Text formats are very limited.
  • Hopefully they include a form of mass addition of contacts to save time and not do it one by one.
  • The learning curve is a bit long when starting from scratch.
With Mailchimp you can import contacts very easily, allowing you to speed up your work if you already had a list of contacts. For those who are already used to Email Marketing, this tool is very useful due to the large number of tools that it brings. The templates come with a customizable HTML format that allow users to be more free when they want to design their email to their liking. The A/B tests are of very excellent quality providing opening information and/or clicks of the campaigns sent.
I am honestly very satisfied with the results that I have obtained with this product, there is a quite large benefit in terms of return on investment. This means that we can continue to trust Mailchimp and that the company continues to grow attracting new customers and that current customers continue to be with us. The experience has been very satisfactory and of an excellent quality, at the moment there are very few complaints that we have about this product, so this is a relief since it has good quality results.
The company has benefited from the level of sales and that our service goes even further than it was intended. Mailchimp makes it possible to achieve the objectives set and thus be able to continue expanding to many places and clients. We have obtained more attention from the public thanks to this platform without the need for much effort or inconvenience.
Read Stella Olsson's full review
April 15, 2020

Turbo Boost Your Email Marketing

Mailchimp is used by our marketing department as our primary email marketing platform to manage and target to different audience segments a variety of content. Types of content include new user welcome and onboarding, newsletters, announcements, special offers, among others. Each of these content types have different format templates, audience compositions and frequencies. Mailchimp does a great job at developing, managing and measuring these campaigns.
  • Very easy and effective at creating campaigns and managing lists and respective segments.
  • Rich variety of professionally-done templates and powerful tools for fast customisation.
  • Text editing is cumbersome (e.g. no spell check, some quirks in formatting restrictions). It almost seems like they're a bit behind the market on that.
  • Some segmentation limitations (depending on how granular and how many segments you want)
Mailchimp is excellent for running recurring or one-off email campaigns for marketing, information, education, community management or the like. One of its biggest assets is the ease and speed with which a user can create very professionally-looking rich content that helps strengthen one's brand and relationship with the audience. From an email management perspective, Mailchimp offers a large set of powerful capabilities in managing multiple lists, segmenting the audiences, running A/B testing and performing analytics. Mailchimp is probably less suited for those entities that require more of a full lifecycle CRM solution.
We have had several team members become productive in Mailchimp from their first session with the product. It is quite visual, the functionality is simply and clearly designed, and its capabilities are intuitively presented and explained. It is easy for a user to understand how to do something, and it allows you to slowly dive deeper into ints capabilities. It does have its constraints, but for the basic uses it works well.
We haven't used the all-in-one platform capabilities to their fullest. We have tested out some of the features, especially the Facebook advertising. But we decided to not move forward with it, as some of our team members already were using other tools to handle social media campaigns that they were satisfied with.
April 01, 2020

Mailchimp Could be Fantastic - if you speak their language!

Our practice uses Mailchimp to send out general information to different groups of patients. We also use it to keep in touch with former patients to keep them engaged with us. We are able to customize the information that will only apply to certain groups and avoid sending non-applicable information to everyone.
  • Mailchimp makes it easy to add email and name information
  • There is plenty of room for contacts in the free version of Mailchimp
  • Learning the lingo in Mailchimp could be easier and more intuitive
  • Creating an email to send to multiple groups, or audiences, could be more user friendly.
  • There is too much trial and error to set up and send a simple email.
Mailchimp is well suited for those who can figure out how to use it. If someone doesn't have time to learn what Mailchimp means by their particular lingo, then I think keeping email groups on a spreadsheet would be easier. It seems like a pretty robust system, if you understand how to use all the bells and whistles.
It was great before they "overhauled" it and changed typical names, like Contacts, to unusual names, like Audience, that are not intuitive. In order to just enter a new email address, contact, you have to go to the particular "Audience", then manage audience, then add a subscriber; the lingo is not consistent nor direct.
We do not use Mailchimp for our marketing platform. We use it to enhance our marketing efforts.
Barbara Hinkle | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 20, 2020

Perfect for increasing traffic!

For me, it is a uniform and attractive service, Mailchimp this is a service used specifically in the company's marketing area in order to be able to expand our service or what we offer to more users, happy because it has worked very well and has managed to unify Perfect with the corporate emails of the company, in this way we can send mass emails, without falling into any error and getting more users to observe the advertising so we generate more traffic. With your panel I have managed to observe the analysis and the increase in traffic For me, it has been an incredible software, solving problems because we urgently needed to make our services known to users in a much faster way, we use software that is not at all useful, this is where Mailchimp comes in and changes our lives, the most suitable one beacuse it allows you to create a campaign or edit them to make them more attractive from your panel, they are really useful tools them.
  • Useful and necessary tools to improve web activity and sales.
  • Detailed panel to observe the procedure of the advertising sent.
  • It is possible to send mass emails.
  • It is possible to improve advertising in case it is not very well received by customers.
  • In some cases, advertising is lost and does not reach users or is simply lost in spam.
  • The panel can be improved by adding more tools like text, color palette.
Mailchimp is a marketing service so its specific service is based on that and unified to the marketing area, it is perfectly suited to sending advertising in a mass campaign. It has stood out in this field, but its panel or service is not associated with others. areas since it would not provide success or any tool to offer quality.
I find it a pleasant system and I love how it works very well in the field of marketing. It is a software that stands out, I recommend it because it gives good results and is notable in the increase in web traffic as well as in the sales that have been made from the company, I am happy because it has worked very well and I test them daily, sending massive advertising to different users, I recommend it because it has worked, although it is possible to compare their services and acquire the one that suits their needs.
That was the main reason why we say to associate this service to the system, this service we managed to unify other image editing systems of important tools to improve the campaign and unify them with Mailchimp and thus be able to give it a final edition and then send them in bulk It is a system that I like and I must recognize its good work.
Read Barbara Hinkle's full review
March 17, 2020

Great product that works for growing teams

We are using Mailchimp for email communication and marketing automation services. It has been a great product so far that was relatively easy to set up and easy to use. We use it across sales, marketing, product and leadership levels. It provides us with flexibility around reporting as well as campaign setup and list variations.
  • Great for marketing automation.
  • A/B testing.
  • Marketing campaigns.
  • Could be easier to use for the sales team.
  • More in depth reporting.
  • More intuitive UI.
It is a great product for situations where a company needs to fill marketing needs and is starting to do things like automation, testing and more elaborate segmentation. Mailchimp has a pretty big portfolio of ways you could set up your campaign and with a little coding you could make any template very professional.
March 10, 2020

Great all-in-one reliable platform

I have several clients who use MailChimp as their email marketing system and email automation software. This is used by the marketing and sales department.
  • Mailchimp is the best free software for email marketing for 2500 people or less.
  • Great reporting.
  • It is easy to learn and use.
  • The paid versions are very expensive.
  • Mailchimp has not been innovating very much and so it's competitors are coming out with better features and products.
If you are looking for a free email marketing software then Mailchimp is the best. Mailchimp paid version is one of the best options if you can afford it. However, if this is out of your budget then there are alternatives like Flodesk.
Mailchimp is one of the easiest software to learn how to use.
Having an all-in-one platform saves on time training staff and improves the whole workflow process. Each feature that Mailchimp offers benefits from the other and so the overall effectiveness of campaigns and use of Mailchimp is improved.
March 09, 2020

Very reliable and easy to use

Mailchimp is used by the marketing team to send out emails and for email automation. Mailchimp is an all-in-one tool that was needed to simplify this process.
  • Email marketing
  • Email automation
  • Reporting
  • Mailchimp is simple and easy to learn how to use.
  • Mailchimp is one of the more expensive email marketing softwares out there.
  • The free version is quite limited in terms of email automation.
  • Mailchimp has not updated its product offering much in the last few years.
If you need a free email marketing software, then Mailchimp is the way to go. It is reliable, easy to use, and has an extensive list of features. However, the paid version is very expensive and not always suitable for small businesses. There is similar software that offers the same features for a lot less.
Mailchimp is reliable and simple and easy to learn how to use.
Having everything in one software saves time spent on each feature used and allows us to benefit from the data we get from having everything in one tool.
Len Gordon | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 01, 2020

Great for building an email list on a budget

We used Mailchimp across all our websites and our client website for collecting emails and sending newsletters and offers to customers.
  • For one, its free to use, so it's great to use it to grow and maintain your mailing.
  • It very easy to use no matter your skill level is and the tooltips are very clear and explained.
  • It boosts a very great list of tools to help to build and engage with an audience.
  • Some of the templates within the free and paid plan are very limited in design aesthetics
  • They could possibly add in some new features that support using your own email templates.
  • Would like to see more advanced email automation.
  • The costs mount up quickly once the emails start adding up in your lists and you might end up looking for a better deal to send your newsletters.
I would always recommend Mailchimp to anyone as the first option to grow and build their list based on their freemium plan. This makes it great for newer businesses.
I gave this rating as it very easy to use for people are professionals to novice as Mailchimp provide questions to provide users the best email options for there needs
Yes I would say Mailchimp is a all-in-one marketing platfrom as you can intergrate it into many other tools such as Wordpress, contact 7, Zapier and IFTT will enable smooth running between Mailchimp and the solutions you're using.
Read Len Gordon's full review
Brendon Brown | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 27, 2020

Mailchimp revolutionized email marketing, but will it keep the throne?

We are nearing 30 years of consumer email, and the experience has not gotten much better. Mailchimp simplified and reinvented email marketing, and has been the go-to platform for quite some time. Truly this is a better option than emailing an address book through your standard email platform. It's a great entry point for my clients, with usage-based pricing, has great support, and it's easy enough to find developers and designers familiar with the program.
  • Great list management tools
  • Decent onboarding process
  • The general structure of Mailchimp, navigating through the tools, is not intuitive.
  • Rich template design options mean hard-to-design options
I would recommend Mailchimp for mid-sized bloggers with small lists exploring email. If they put some time into the free version of Mailchimp they will find it relatively easy to find talent to design and develop their campaigns. That being said, there are other simpler self-serve options with incredibly beautiful templating options that get you off the starting block much more quickly.
Non-intuitive navigation and naming conventions simply make the good tools hard to find. I am a seasoned Mailchimp user and still have problems remembering where things are. Once over that hurdle, things are usable and findable.
Mailchimp is quite good at pulling in new clients. Lots of tools and integrations to accomplish this. I've been unimpressed by trackability of customer interactions and conversions attributable to Mailchimp clicks, which is an important component of measured growth.
Read Brendon Brown's full review
February 19, 2020

Great product, not geared towards educational environments but it works!

Mailchimp is being used by our organization to communicate with a broad range of constituents. As an educational institution, this platform professionalizes our corporate communicates to parents, alumni and the broader community. It is controlled by our Communications department and is used for all formal communications. It helps solve the business problem of email delivery, subscription, professionalization, communication analytics and tracking.
  • The workflows for our communications department are very efficient and easy to follow.
  • The analytics - open rates, trends, reports are very detailed and helpful.
  • For our industry, some of the language and functionality used is inappropriate (very sales-oriented, we provide private education and while this language is only used internally on the platform, it rubs some people the wrong way).
  • The benchmarking data for our industry is not applicable, but would be handy if it were.
Mailchimp is certainly well-suited for all scenarios where professional, stylized communications from an organization are required. Certainly in fields or scenarios where product sales are the goal. An organization that does not have the resources to manually manage lists (if your database does not integrate with Mailchimp) would struggle to ensure those lists are accurate and up to date.
February 18, 2020

Mailchimp Review

Mailchimp is used for the whole organization to develop newsletters to keep our existing clients up to date.
  • Provides templates that helps create a campaign
  • Audience list is fully customizable
  • Reporting on campaigns sent out
  • Can use live view, like Omnisend provides for visits on the website
  • More assistance with templates, provide photos and unique text
  • More user friendly templates, more customization
Mailchimp is well suited to reach a large group of people. Not suited for one-on-one email communication.
Eric W. Su | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 13, 2020

Mailchimp: the all round email service for anyone.

I use it to send group emails. It's a simple way to create emails too. Creating audiences is easy too. Sometimes, sending group emails can be challenging with other email platforms and this is not that way. The fact that I can see how many people open my email is a great feature. It tells us who is most engaged so we can properly create our messages for the correct people.
  • Easy to create emails.
  • Good on adding images.
It's great for people who need to send out group emails. I like the idea of being able to create audiences too.
I give it a 9 because I have used it for many years and it has been easy to work with.
We have been able to keep in touch with our customers using MailChimp. We like the fact that we can send out many emails at once and segment the email to specific groups too. We like that it has added the lead pages too. We are happy with the features.
Read Eric W. Su's full review
February 08, 2020

I used to not be a Mailchimp fan, but I've kinda changed my tune.

It is being used across the whole organization. Its free version is a good fit for the quantity and scope of emails this organization needs to get out. It does serve a limited media need, as this is a nonprofit organization that doesn't need a complex marketing funnel system.
  • Audience tags--this has been such a great add-on in the toolkit.
  • Drag-and-drop email design--not every marketing mail system uses this kind of design editing tool; it's a timesaver, there are a lot of options. Adding graphics with captions and boxed text relieves me of a lot of formatting issues.
  • Issues with MS Outlook--because Outlook (so I've read and heard) depends on coding particular to MS Word, as opposed to more generic html-based formatting code, things can get really wonky in an email viewed in Outlook, such as text not wrapping properly around graphic images, horizontal line of images showing up vertically, etc. It's a coding issue. Believe me, my IT friends roll their eyes when we discuss this, and my non-tech clients' eyes glaze over when I try to explain why they should look at their test emails in their browsers or other mail software for a proper viewing rather than in Outlook.
  • Feedback tab interrupting the right scroll bar. What a pain to lose the scrollbar for a half-inch of screen area.
  • Well-suited if you don't run several emails with sending schedules so tightly packed you run the risk of maxing out quantity limits per day. You get bumped up to the next payable level. This may be an issue only with the free version.
  • For my clients, which typically have audiences that meet MailChimp's free version, I really haven't seen a less appropriate scenario.
The Outlook issue is a real one for folks opening their emails in Outlook and see a wonky looking viewing pane, or for email designers who want a perfect Outlook WYSIWYG and can't get it to work out. That can be a time waster and can be frustrating for perfectionists or folks with OCD. For a designer like me who wants a beautiful email, I have to just accept some Outlook wonk if there's a looming deadline (and hope there aren't too many Outlook users).
It's great to automate to social media sites, especially with the use of social cards, titles, and descriptions. Of course, other marketing platforms use this as well, but overall, it is a great timesaver, and for those who use social media more than read emails through a mail server, the news gets out immediately.
Damini Gandhi | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 05, 2020

Mailchimp - Email marketing champion.

Our marketing team used Mailchimp for various purposes based on client requirements. We used it for newsletter designs, drip email campaigns, nurture campaigns, driving registration for webinars. We designed landing pages, distributed mails to around 4-5k contacts. Business problems varied from account to account, for some clients it was brand awareness campaigns and for some, it was tactical lead gen campaigns.
  • Mailer design features - drag and drop with image and video embedding options
  • Pre-built templates are very helpful and has good design aesthetics
  • Mailchimp has increased the pricing lately which makes it unaffordable for startups and mid-size companies
  • Most of the templates and features are premium now
Well suited for email marketing campaigns, nurture campaigns, drip campaigns, landing page creation, and lead gen activities.
It makes my day to day work easy, trackable, and efficient.
Mailchimp is an all-inclusive tool and I have been using email and landing page features already. I am planning to try social media integration with Mailchimp.
Read Damini Gandhi's full review
Manan Vora | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 04, 2020

Great list builder for individual and small team entrepreneurs

Our Marketing department uses Mailchimp to collect a comprehensive list of all the people who have subscribed to our mailing lists from multiple locations. We use Mailchimp for 2 specific use cases -
  1. To send out automated onboarding emails for new subscribers.
  2. To send bi-weekly newsletters about the industry.
This helps us extend our community base and keep people interested in our business or industry engaged with our brand.
  • Creating a comprehensive list - Mailchimp integrates with literally everything under the sun, so its easy to use it to collect subscribers.
  • Creating and sending emails - Their template creation and email sending process is very simple.
  • The way Mailchimp's Setting page is set up is a little confusing to use.
  • Ability to edit the look of the ready Subscribe Forms Mailchimp provides.
If you are a business starting out, Mailchimp has the best email sending systems for a couple of reasons -
  1. Ease of creating lists.
  2. Zero cost when you start off.
  3. Simple to use for non-technical entrepreneurs.
  4. You don't need any coders to develop emails in HTML. Mailchimp's email builder is easy to use with drag and drop features and you can create beautiful emails with it.
Right from their onboarding to integrating it with other systems, and finally sending out emails - Mailchimp has simplified the entire process. Their UI/UX and more importantly, their understanding of non-technical people, has made it simple for anyone to create a mailing list and send out emails without giving it too much time. They even integrate with shopping carts for you to engage with shoppers based on their interactions with the website.
We have used the Landing Page Builder and the Email Marketing tools and they have worked very well for us. For some campaigns where we need users to see different content and hopefully interact/subscribe with our business, the integration between the pages and the list manager + email sender is a perfect fit. The Landing Page Builder as with the email builder is easy to use for non-technical people and doesn't take too much time to create.
Read Manan Vora's full review
Alfred Brock | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 03, 2020

Mailchimp to the Rescue

Mailchimp is being used by Northwest Wayne FAN (Families Against Narcotics). The larger organization does not use it at this time - only our chapter. The business problem it addresses is that it allows us to communicate updates, coming events, specialty stories and specific and timely information to our board members, advisory board members, associates and clients. Without Mailchimp we would be relying solely on a once-a-month meeting and intermittent contact through Facebook.
  • Contact list creation - this is a real strength because I can either enter individuals in separately or from a database or Excel spreadsheet.
  • The ability to time the release of communications is especially helpful. I am involved in a volunteer capacity and Mailchimp allows me to do the work I need to do when I want to do it - and then send it out at a predetermined time!
  • The templates are embedded in a hierarchy that doesn't make them hard to find - just not intuitive.
  • The formatting of the contacts is little clunky. If the information is input through Excel or a database template - no problem - but the individual entry submittal process could be streamlined a little - for example if any part of an address is input then the entire address must be input. We don't always have that.

Mailchimp is well suited to a situation where you have a stable or known set of recipients to whom you will be sending email updates on a regular basis.

Mailchimp is well suited to situations where a lot of information needs to be sent to a lot of different people and organizations at specified times in the future.

Mailchimp is not appropriate for one-to-one communication - the higher the scale of interactions from 1 to many the better the software performs.

I give Mailchimp a high usability rating because the system has allowed me, on more than one occasion, to gather materials, organize it attractively and intelligently and send it out in a very short amount of time. The work that we do can be time-sensitive and being able to turn around specific information from one point and get it to all interested parties within the hour can literally save lives.
Mailchimp allows us to communicate across other social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and others with a minimum of complexity and overhead. We are therefore able to reach our core audience and immediately, within a matter of minutes, expand that reach locally, statewide and nationally. It would be very difficult and time consuming to perform all that work repeatedly and would introduce potential errors and lag times. Mailchimp takes care of all that.
Read Alfred Brock's full review
January 30, 2020

MailChimp is easy and accurate for international enterprise

Mailchimp is being used to send emails to clients about promotions, new products, and company updates by our sales team. The PR team uses it to send press releases or breaking news to media contacts.
  • Lets us know who opened the emails.
  • Provides analytics on campaigns that help towards future initiatives.
  • It can save templates to make it easier to resend emails.
  • Make it easier to edit the "to view in another browser" link.
It is a great place to create campaigns and send emails internally or to clients. PR used it mostly for press releases and it's great to see who has viewed your release and how many times they've opened it.

It's not the best for personalization when it comes to big lists, so that should be regular/manual emails.
January 29, 2020

Mailchimp For The Win!

I use Mailchimp to create monthly newsletters for my clients who are mostly in the creative industry (jewelry design and interior design). The newsletters are mostly used to direct potential customers to the respective client sites, whether it be to show off a new design project or a monthly special on their e-commerce platform. Driving traffic to their sites means more eyes on my clients work, and more real estate in the minds of their consumers.
  • User friendliness - Super easy to use which is a win for saving time
  • Free use - There's no catch on their free plan, and the amount of tools you have available within the free plan is more than most other email marketing platforms I looked into
  • Very basic templates - Although very user-friendly, the templates don't allow for much space to move from their original design
  • Steep Pricing - The free plan I'm on is great, but the minute I need to up my plan the numbers hike up pretty quickly
It may have some steep pricing when working with the paid plans but for someone like me who is working with smaller brands and smaller audiences, the free plan is a win! Mailchimp integrates really well with a host of platforms, the reporting is pretty thorough and it's super easy to use!
The integration has probably been my favourite thing about the Mailchimp platform - I haven't had one issue in that department, and it's been a real pleasure. Aside from the integration, their user-friendly interface means that making my way around their site is a breeze - I know a few sites that could take a page out of their book!
The fact that Mailchimp synchronizes with my clients' Facebook and Twitter accounts has been super helpful. Gaining data from all our campaigns from their respective platforms has been invaluable information for my clients - for them to know that what I'm creating is actually working for their company is a big win for me!
Valie Robbins | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 28, 2020

MailChimp -- a great product that allows businesses of all markets compete!

We do lead/demand generation B2B companies in the IT arena. We use MailChimp to drive registrations to customer events, such as webinars/lunch n learns. It is great, easy to use, and allows us to create outstanding invitations incorporating our client's logo and their marketing messaging. Using the e-mail invitations that we created, we schedule e-mail blasts to our client's databases leading up to the event. Utilizing the analytics from each blast, we were able to identify prospects for sales and marketing to really focus on with a personalized phone call! These same analytics enabled us to identify bad e-mail addresses to assist our clients with keeping their databases in tip top shape. This ensures that our clients future e-mail correspondence don't get grey listed and they can continue to stay in front of their prospect customers. MailChimp gave us the capability to better serve our clients - their tools allowed us to create e-mails that our clients absolutely love - our clients review and critic them so that the messaging is consistence.
  • Great tools to create custom invitations which stand out in a crowded field.
  • Easily schedule e-mail blasts for clients
  • Great analytics, which help with cleaning up databases and identifying prospects that might be overlooked by sales and marketing teams! Also by keeping databases clean - ensures that your client doesn't get grey listed and future e-mails end up in the their prospects spam folder.
  • Ease of use so that anyone can create a great invitation, schedule a blast, and get the results they are striving to achieve!
  • Creating the initial e-mail invitation was a little tricky at first. It took some time to figure out the tools.
  • An app for the phone would be great so that you can review blast results on the fly.
  • Grey listing and spam folders are becoming a big issue with the amount of e-mails that are being sent - clients are very concerned about their e-mails not getting to their prospects - would like to see more information regarding bounces so that we can assist our clients with keeping their databases in tiptop shape.
Great for small to medium businesses who can use MailChimp's functionality within their marketing department's. I personally know a number of businesses across several vertical markets who successfully use MailChimp to promote their business in a variety of ways. Larger companies who require more complex e-mails regarding graphics and registrations pages not so much. But for simple e-mails - absolutely fabulous!
Very user friendly - we love using MailChimp - allows us to create an e-mail incorporating everything and more that our client's sales and marketing teams needs to increase awareness and attendance to events! Our clients absolutely love getting more for their money than they expected and we love pleasantly surprising as well!
We have benefited by identifying for our client's those prospects that would benefit from a little extra attention whether it be a phone call or a more personalized e-mail. We have also benefited by helping our client's databases stay up to date and clean so they do not get grey listed or rated as spam. This ensures that our client's can continue to reach to their prospects on a regular basis.
Website tools were easy to use and understand so a novice can easily meet or exceed their client's expectations! Loved that we were able to totally customize so that the e-mail we created conveyed our client's overall messaging consistent with their branding! Client love that we can provide turnkey services to support their sales and marketing teams!
Read Valie Robbins's full review
Lauren Sikkema | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 23, 2020

Basic user trying to use it more fully

We use it in our fund development department for newsletters and fundraising. It provides an easy, non-Constant Contact way to communicate with our donor base.
  • Tracks emails and unsubscribes
  • Tracks open rates
  • More design options would be nice
  • Compatibility with donor perfect
Works well for large mailings. Not as great for smaller segments. Clunky for segmenting. We are still getting used to the tagging functionality and how to work it in to our segmenting.
Some things could be improved
We definitely don't use it to it's full extent.
Read Lauren Sikkema's full review
January 23, 2020

Mailchimp: a pioneer in the industry

We've been using Mailchimp at our organization to handle both our email automation with forms, audience gathering and reporting, as well as for sending out our newsletters updates. It addresses how we capture contact information from our various landing pages and helps us send out customized emails to our audience. In addition, it allows us to send customized automated responses to some of our audience groups.
  • Email design
  • Automation
  • Marketing automation.
  • Ability to send to all audiences.
It's a great solution to gather emails from various forms. Definitely a great tool start with for your organization and depending on your needs, you can see if it still fits those needs. Mailchimp has come a long way since we first started with them about 5 years ago and we're happy with the new features we're seeing in.
Mailchimp has great usability in that it's very easy to use. This has improved a lot over time and some features are easier than others. For example, designing and sending emails are quite easy with their wizard-styled steps. I still have aspects of automation that I find required a bit more homework.
This, I feel, is somewhere that Mailchimp can grow with. I'd like to know more information from our audience, like what pages they've visited. Based on that, I'd like to send customized drip campaigns. I felt other products have better perfected their process of marketing automation and drip campaigns.

WYSIWYG email editor (208)
Dynamic content (203)
Ability to test dynamic content (196)
Landing pages (149)
A/B testing (171)
Mobile optimization (208)
Email deliverability reporting (447)
List management (223)
Triggered drip sequences (146)
Lead nurturing (2)
Lead scoring and grading (1)
Data quality management (1)
Automated sales alerts and tasks (1)
Calendaring (1)
Event/webinar marketing (1)
Social sharing and campaigns (2)
10.0
Social profile integration (1)
Dashboards (62)
Standard reports (221)
Custom reports (40)
API (2)
Role-based workflow & approvals (1)
Customizability (2)
6.5
Integration with Salesforce.com (2)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (2)
Integration with SugarCRM (2)

About Mailchimp

Mailchimp is an all-in-one Marketing Platform for small businesses. The vendor says its goal is to help small businesses market smarter so they can grow faster. Mailchimp aims to be the backbone for customer relationships, with AI-powered, user-friendly tools. Mailchimp is designed to put the audience at the center so users can send marketing emails and automated messages, create targeted ad campaigns, build landing pages, send postcards, facilitate reporting and analytics, and sell online. The vendor reports that millions of businesses and individuals - from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies - use Mailchimp to connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place. Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta, GA, Mailchimp has 1000+ employees and is privately held.

Mailchimp Features

Email & Online Marketing Features
Has featureWYSIWYG email editor
Has featureDynamic content
Has featureAbility to test dynamic content
Has featureLanding pages
Has featureA/B testing
Has featureMobile optimization
Has featureEmail deliverability reporting
Has featureList management
Has featureTriggered drip sequences
Lead Management Features
Does not have featureLead nurturing
Does not have featureLead scoring and grading
Does not have featureData quality management
Does not have featureAutomated sales alerts and tasks
Campaign Management Features
Does not have featureCalendaring
Does not have featureEvent/webinar marketing
Social Media Marketing Features
Does not have featureSocial sharing and campaigns
Does not have featureSocial profile integration
Reporting & Analytics Features
Does not have featureDashboards
Has featureStandard reports
Does not have featureCustom reports
Platform & Infrastructure Features
Does not have featureAPI
Does not have featureRole-based workflow & approvals
Does not have featureCustomizability
Does not have featureIntegration with Salesforce.com
Does not have featureIntegration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Does not have featureIntegration with SugarCRM

Mailchimp Screenshots