Reviews (1-25 of 249)
- Possibility to copy and paste the signup form into website to get new contacts divided by groups really helps the marketing administrators in their campaigns.
- The customization to create the landing page helped us to create good call to action to get new leads.
- Reports of the A/B test email marketing helped us understand which email was the best conversion.
- When I was editing the layout of the signup form, I had difficulty using the colors of the branding. The tool could be easier for users to customize the signup form the way they like. There are many buttons and options and the creation is limited.
- Many times I had to change the content on the email marketing creation page, as they do not process images in high quality and many icons, causing the email not to reach the recipient's address. So I had to simplify the email and make it lighter so that it was sent to the recipients.
In addition, the user responsible for issuing e-mail marketing knew very little about HTML, so as the tool automatically converted the content to the code, we did not depend on someone qualified with the ability to code in HTML, making the work more agile and efficient.
- Email automation, which contributes to improving marketing campaigns and promotions. It provides multiple templates that makes it much easier to manage the sending of pre-processed emails, according to each situation quickly and easily.
- Database for contacts, importing various documents from wherever you are to always keep the database updated.
- Expand our ability to communicate with clients and colleagues.
- Optimization in the configuration and customization process of each aspect of the platform as I need and want it.
- The process of removing a client from a specific campaign can be complicated, because it does not provide an effective search system to eliminate the user from all the campaigns where he is registered. It is necessary to review campaign by campaign to be able to remove it from each one of them. Mailchimp needs better tools.
- The process of updating the customer list database is not automated at all, it can be annoying to manually review and update each list.
- When it starts it can be difficult to know the functions of each tool, and it does not provide the tutorials or demos necessary to properly understand its use.
- This software has amazing user interface. I can easily navigate through this application.
- The deliverability of this software is extremely good. It delivers 100 percent emails without spamming.
- Template editor of this software is very intuitive. It has all the tools which are required to make beautiful email templates.
- Sometimes its sign-in annoys me because of authentication via OTP even if I sign in with the correct password.
- It has a small number of pre-designed email templates.
- It does not allow users to delete subscribers for a week or so after sending a campaign.
- The templates it offers are really good and easy to customize.
- Their prices are very flexible, allowing the user to select the plan that best suits.
- Mailchimp informs if an email was delivered correctly or not and if it was opened or not.
- Its email editor is very comfortable and easy to use, allowing you to easily include images, audio, videos, etc.
- The report generator is very easy to understand.
- The interface is robust for new users.
- They should include tutorials on the proper use of their tools as it is a bit frustrating trying to guess how it works.
- Text formats are very limited.
- Hopefully they include a form of mass addition of contacts to save time and not do it one by one.
- The learning curve is a bit long when starting from scratch.
- Very easy and effective at creating campaigns and managing lists and respective segments.
- Rich variety of professionally-done templates and powerful tools for fast customisation.
- Text editing is cumbersome (e.g. no spell check, some quirks in formatting restrictions). It almost seems like they're a bit behind the market on that.
- Some segmentation limitations (depending on how granular and how many segments you want)
- Mailchimp makes it easy to add email and name information
- There is plenty of room for contacts in the free version of Mailchimp
- Learning the lingo in Mailchimp could be easier and more intuitive
- Creating an email to send to multiple groups, or audiences, could be more user friendly.
- There is too much trial and error to set up and send a simple email.
- Useful and necessary tools to improve web activity and sales.
- Detailed panel to observe the procedure of the advertising sent.
- It is possible to send mass emails.
- It is possible to improve advertising in case it is not very well received by customers.
- In some cases, advertising is lost and does not reach users or is simply lost in spam.
- The panel can be improved by adding more tools like text, color palette.
- Mailchimp is the best free software for email marketing for 2500 people or less.
- Great reporting.
- It is easy to learn and use.
- The paid versions are very expensive.
- Mailchimp has not been innovating very much and so it's competitors are coming out with better features and products.
- Email marketing
- Email automation
- Mailchimp is simple and easy to learn how to use.
- Mailchimp is one of the more expensive email marketing softwares out there.
- The free version is quite limited in terms of email automation.
- Mailchimp has not updated its product offering much in the last few years.
- For one, its free to use, so it's great to use it to grow and maintain your mailing.
- It very easy to use no matter your skill level is and the tooltips are very clear and explained.
- It boosts a very great list of tools to help to build and engage with an audience.
- Some of the templates within the free and paid plan are very limited in design aesthetics
- They could possibly add in some new features that support using your own email templates.
- Would like to see more advanced email automation.
- The costs mount up quickly once the emails start adding up in your lists and you might end up looking for a better deal to send your newsletters.
- The workflows for our communications department are very efficient and easy to follow.
- The analytics - open rates, trends, reports are very detailed and helpful.
- For our industry, some of the language and functionality used is inappropriate (very sales-oriented, we provide private education and while this language is only used internally on the platform, it rubs some people the wrong way).
- The benchmarking data for our industry is not applicable, but would be handy if it were.
- Easy to create emails.
- Good on adding images.
- Audience tags--this has been such a great add-on in the toolkit.
- Drag-and-drop email design--not every marketing mail system uses this kind of design editing tool; it's a timesaver, there are a lot of options. Adding graphics with captions and boxed text relieves me of a lot of formatting issues.
- Issues with MS Outlook--because Outlook (so I've read and heard) depends on coding particular to MS Word, as opposed to more generic html-based formatting code, things can get really wonky in an email viewed in Outlook, such as text not wrapping properly around graphic images, horizontal line of images showing up vertically, etc. It's a coding issue. Believe me, my IT friends roll their eyes when we discuss this, and my non-tech clients' eyes glaze over when I try to explain why they should look at their test emails in their browsers or other mail software for a proper viewing rather than in Outlook.
- Feedback tab interrupting the right scroll bar. What a pain to lose the scrollbar for a half-inch of screen area.
- Well-suited if you don't run several emails with sending schedules so tightly packed you run the risk of maxing out quantity limits per day. You get bumped up to the next payable level. This may be an issue only with the free version.
- For my clients, which typically have audiences that meet MailChimp's free version, I really haven't seen a less appropriate scenario.
- Mailer design features - drag and drop with image and video embedding options
- Pre-built templates are very helpful and has good design aesthetics
- Mailchimp has increased the pricing lately which makes it unaffordable for startups and mid-size companies
- Most of the templates and features are premium now
- To send out automated onboarding emails for new subscribers.
- To send bi-weekly newsletters about the industry.
- Creating a comprehensive list - Mailchimp integrates with literally everything under the sun, so its easy to use it to collect subscribers.
- Creating and sending emails - Their template creation and email sending process is very simple.
- The way Mailchimp's Setting page is set up is a little confusing to use.
- Ability to edit the look of the ready Subscribe Forms Mailchimp provides.
- Ease of creating lists.
- Zero cost when you start off.
- Simple to use for non-technical entrepreneurs.
- You don't need any coders to develop emails in HTML. Mailchimp's email builder is easy to use with drag and drop features and you can create beautiful emails with it.
- Contact list creation - this is a real strength because I can either enter individuals in separately or from a database or Excel spreadsheet.
- The ability to time the release of communications is especially helpful. I am involved in a volunteer capacity and Mailchimp allows me to do the work I need to do when I want to do it - and then send it out at a predetermined time!
- The templates are embedded in a hierarchy that doesn't make them hard to find - just not intuitive.
- The formatting of the contacts is little clunky. If the information is input through Excel or a database template - no problem - but the individual entry submittal process could be streamlined a little - for example if any part of an address is input then the entire address must be input. We don't always have that.
Mailchimp is well suited to a situation where you have a stable or known set of recipients to whom you will be sending email updates on a regular basis.
Mailchimp is well suited to situations where a lot of information needs to be sent to a lot of different people and organizations at specified times in the future.
Mailchimp is not appropriate for one-to-one communication - the higher the scale of interactions from 1 to many the better the software performs.
- Lets us know who opened the emails.
- Provides analytics on campaigns that help towards future initiatives.
- It can save templates to make it easier to resend emails.
- Make it easier to edit the "to view in another browser" link.
It's not the best for personalization when it comes to big lists, so that should be regular/manual emails.
- User friendliness - Super easy to use which is a win for saving time
- Free use - There's no catch on their free plan, and the amount of tools you have available within the free plan is more than most other email marketing platforms I looked into
- Very basic templates - Although very user-friendly, the templates don't allow for much space to move from their original design
- Steep Pricing - The free plan I'm on is great, but the minute I need to up my plan the numbers hike up pretty quickly
- Great tools to create custom invitations which stand out in a crowded field.
- Easily schedule e-mail blasts for clients
- Great analytics, which help with cleaning up databases and identifying prospects that might be overlooked by sales and marketing teams! Also by keeping databases clean - ensures that your client doesn't get grey listed and future e-mails end up in the their prospects spam folder.
- Ease of use so that anyone can create a great invitation, schedule a blast, and get the results they are striving to achieve!
- Creating the initial e-mail invitation was a little tricky at first. It took some time to figure out the tools.
- An app for the phone would be great so that you can review blast results on the fly.
- Grey listing and spam folders are becoming a big issue with the amount of e-mails that are being sent - clients are very concerned about their e-mails not getting to their prospects - would like to see more information regarding bounces so that we can assist our clients with keeping their databases in tiptop shape.
Mailchimp Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Mailchimp Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
Mailchimp Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|