Mailchimp

Mailchimp Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Jason Rutel | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Mailchimp with multiple clients to manage their email campaigns, some landing pages, and even have it connected to a few woocommerce stores. As an agency owner, I love the fact that I can switch between multiple clients from a single login, and I know that the product will deliver on his promise. Mailchimp allows us to create engaging emails and schedule them ahead of time for clients.
  • Tons of integrations
  • User-friendly email builder
  • Would love to see a visual automation builder
  • Need the ability for users on a current list to have updated tags without creating a new list when sending via zapier or WordPress
Mailchimp is a great email campaign platform for anyone starting out, and also for agencies who need to manage multiple early stage clients. Once you get into more complicated automation, you may need to look for more developed solutions. If you need beautiful emails and an easy user interface, this is the place to go.
It’s always easy to use and makes sense. There are very few times where I run into something that is broken. It is very reliable and I know what to expect when I am working with the platform. The new beta email designer is still a work in progress, but the main designer and works great still! The only downside is a lack of visual automation builder, but that is not a dealbreaker for us.
I have utilized landing page builders on Mailchimp a few times in order to quickly capture emails and that has been a success. As a web developer they still have a long way to go in order to really have landing pages be the most useful solution. I have not spent a whole bunch of time using the Facebook ads side of it but I imagine it to be very useful.
September 21, 2021

Mailchimp, a review.

I use Mailchimp for capturing leads that want to be subscribed to my newsletter. This popup appears only on blog posts and that is the only place I get the leads from that I email through Mailchimp, so as you can see, it serves a niche purpose and is only a segment of my target audience.
  • Nice UI
  • Simple
  • Well-known product
  • Free version feels limited
  • Paid version costs a bit much for what you get
  • It seems like some competitors may be gaining steam on them so it may not feel worth it to get into a paid plan necessarily
Anecdotally speaking, the free version of Mailchimp is best suited for small businesses or websites just getting started that need a way to manage their email newsletters to a small number of subscribers. Also, if you have a use case like mine where it's a really targeted segment that you may not use for all your marketing communication, it seems to fill this niche as well.
Overall, Mailchimp is extremely usable. It's straightforward to use. Its UI is very fresh and clean, and the UX is just about as perfect as you can get for this type of app. Because of this, I feel this is a reason why Mailchimp is so popular and such an industry standard. However, sometimes it feels like it's a bit 'too simple' so it feels like all the features aren't there, but that could simply be the free version of the app.
I haven't used the automation features in Mailchimp, so I wouldn't be the right person to answer this question. However, if I was using Mailchimp for marketing automation, I'd certainly feel that my company has benefited due to not having to use multiple tools to get the same job done.
Oliur Rahman Nahin | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mailchimp is being used by our whole marketing department. It is our first choice when it comes to email automation and marketing without any hassle. We have been using it as our main email marketing tool. For example, we use it for designing our email templates and sending out a mass amount of emails to a selected group of people. Then we keep track of how many conversations we are getting out of it. Mailchimp has so many cool features that we really love to use like email automation. Also, it allows us to code our own email template, as well as import from elsewhere. Mailchimp is a really good platform for any type of business that needs to send out emails to their customers.
  • It keeps track of the emails you send out so you know exactly which email is performing better.
  • It lets us design customized templates or chose from pre-made ones. Also, you can put your own HTML code in there.
  • Mailchimp also has a lead form and landing page creator, which is really great to have. You can launch a lead collecting campaign within a minute.
  • Mailchimp is one of the most popular email marketing tools and is cheap compared to others.
  • Mailchimp needs to improve their contact importing system.
  • Mailchimp also needs to add manual verification for Domain. Currently, we have to first create an email then add it into Mailchimp, which is confusing for new users. If there was an option for manual nameserver verification that would be great.
  • The email design page gets stuck for no reason so I think it needs to be optimized.
Mailchimp is best for automating your daily follow-up emails and newsletters. If you run a business that needs to onboard clients frequently this is when you need Mailchimp the most. It provides the ability to add custom contact lists for specific topics and create customized emails as well. Also, you can create landing pages and lead collectors.
It has really changed our business growth. Now we have more progress and sales. We don't have to rely on other marketing tools because Mailchimp offers all the necessary tools that we really need to perform all types of marketing automation, etc. It saves a lot of time, is efficient, and causes no hassle for template design.
September 11, 2021

Love it all the way

Rose Grant | TrustRadius Reviewer
We’re using it for all marketing emails including newsletters, event promotion and follow up. The whole organization relies on it for mass emails. Business problems it solves is that’s it’s nice templates and emails are easy for our admins to make. We save a lot of time being able to just drag and drop images and easily adjust the text.
  • Design.
  • Easy for admins.
  • More templates.
  • Tips for good emails.
It’s good for all organizations. Really the only thing would be the price for large email lists. It saves time with drag and drop features, templates, and easy scheduling. It’s great for a relatively small organization with a comms team in charge of so many tasks so it’s nice for the emails to be easily made and scheduled. Reporting after the fact and getting. Data on open rates are great too.
Maybe it's just because I’ve only used old school email sends, but Mailchimp has been the best. People without much admin email training can pick it up easily. It has a good look and feel and the templates make everything look good with different design options.
We benefited in its ease of use, time-saving and being able to do quick analytics for our emails to better pivot campaigns. When looking at tools that serve us best we want easy of use that doesn’t require a lot of technical knowledge. It saves us a lot of headaches in the design process.
We have been using Mailchimp for many years. Currently, it is being used for the newsletters of some of our clients. I highly recommend it, especially for smaller projects, as it is easy to use and to some extent free. Mailchimp is the email tool of choice for us because it fits well into our tools' landscape, thanks to numerous integrations and interfaces, and emails can be implemented quickly and easily.
  • The many interfaces and integrations with other tools are particularly nice.
  • Relatively accurate tracking options.
  • Good planning options (also with the help of "tips" from the program).
  • The newsletter registration form integration supports different format templates. Creating the form in the program itself should be improved because the process is not as convenient as other layout functions in Mailchimp.
  • Mailchimp does not provide a workflow view within creating email automations.
  • Could have even more roles (as an industry leader).
The tool has hardly any drawbacks. Actually, a serious disadvantage is the location of the servers, outside the EU. Therefore, you must obtain the corresponding consent of the newsletter subscribers regarding the transfer of data to a third-party country, that is not secure from a data protection point of view. Also, it is only available in English, which can be a problem for some users.
The dashboard is clear and easy to understand. Beginners and professionals will find it easy to learn the basic functionalities of the tool and even master premium features like email automation and A / B testing in no time. Mailchimp is more affordable and beginner-friendly. Additionally, Mailchimp's email marketing tool is easy to use, packed with features, and has an extremely high delivery rate.
Jeanette Carroll | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Mailchimp for all email campaigns, some social media posts and sometimes to create postcard mailers for the entire organization. It allows me to manage different campaigns, send targeted campaigns and review the behavior of recipients. It also allows me to manage all my contacts easily by integrating with our CRM and website contact form activities.
  • Templates to use for emails
  • Recent updates allows more flexibility with type of campaigns
  • Good reporting structure
  • More templates to choose from would be great
  • Maybe a bit better organization in contacts, but still great
I think Mailchimp is great for small to mid-size businesses who want to send email campaigns, manage ads, create printed mailers like postcards, etc. I like the new option to manage social postings, which allows me to post information presented in campaigns without going to another platform to do so.
It is user friendly and pretty easy to get around in. I think more templates that can be edited would be great, but overall I think it's a great product that I will continue to use. If you are a small to mid-size business Mailchimp is a great product for campaigns, mailers, ads, etc.
I am able to do many marketing campaigns, manage contacts, tag contacts for targeted campaigns, create landing pages for campaigns, social postings, mailers, and more in one place. This saves time by not making me go from one tool to another to create a good campaign. Time is a precious commodity that I don't have a lot of so it's great to not have to move around a lot. I'm sure I'm not utilizing all the tools available to me, but give me more time and I'll be on it!
Michelle Messenger Garrett | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Mailchimp to send out my monthly newsletter. I've used it since I launched my newsletter three years ago. It's easy to use and free. I can focus on creating the content and not worry about the formatting, because in Mailchimp I can replicate my campaigns.

Mailchimp also allowed me to create a pop-up subscription form for my newsletter. That has helped me grow my email list. Most of the latest subscriptions have come via that form.

I really like it and often recommend it.
  • It allows you to easily design the newsletter and offers different templates. Very easy to drop in text and photos.
  • It is free as long as your list is less than 2,000 - which is really important to a small business owner on a budget.
  • You can set it up to send out a "welcome" message when new people sign up for the newsletter.
  • Hmmm...I really like the ease of use. I guess it could maybe automate more things - it could "learn" your habits and anticipate adding the date automatically, etc.
  • I wish it would be easier to replicate my monthly campaign.
  • I wish Mailchimp would add more ways to grow my list.
For small businesses, it's ideal for newsletters and other campaigns. Free and easy to use. I often recommend it to my clients and to other freelancers. I just wrote a post about my favorite free and low-cost tools and included Mailchimp on that list. I'd rate it a 9 out of 10.

For bigger businesses or those with bigger lists, it might be more expensive. If you have more than 2,000 people on your list, you might want to evaluate other solutions.
I find Mailchimp easy to use, but now I want to change up the design of my newsletter and I haven't found that as simple as I would like. I need to play around with it more to see if I'm going to be able to do what I want to do.

Adding the pop-up subscription form was SO easy though. That has helped me grow my subscriber list. Very happy about that.
I use it for my email newsletter. I haven't tried the other things it can do. I might consider trying it for those things. It's free for what my business is currently using it for. I don't know the costs to add/try other features. I may look into that as I continue to grow my list and perhaps experiment with more email campaigns.
Mailchimp is being used in our organization as a marketing campaign tool, which we will send emails to our own contacts about various update of our company. It is solely used by the marketing department. We wanted to have email marketing tool like the Mailchimp to raise the level of automation for our marketing activities, and hence increase the productivity of our electronics marketing.
  • Online web interface.
  • Responsive and quick operations.
  • Easy import tools for contacts.
  • Not many options for keeping list into categories and types.
  • Misleading pricing scheme which easily made people confused.
  • Very picky and troublesome for the contact reviewing process.
While there are lots of good things about the fancy online user interface, like easy to find icons and options, fast and responsive buttons on the website, easy to use email templates tool, the major down side of the Mailchimp is when you have your contacts all ready and uploaded, it keeps asking various kinds of questions to judge whether your contacts are clean. I would see this as a general unfaithful way to treat customers.
Once again the Mailchimp has a wonderful intuitive user interface which responses quickly and in an ideal way, but it is the policy and mechanism behind all these that made the overall experience down a bit. When you use like 5 minutes to create a campaign but then the judging process may takes days, there is something not right at the back end.
We have tried to use the so called all-in-one marketing platform of Mailchimp, but the more we dig in the more trouble we found ourselves into. This is because there are many different gates and guards for each part of the all-in-one marketing platform, in order to utilize full function of all marketing activities, you got to make sure your contacts and super clean and addicted to your company.
Shannon Allen | TrustRadius Reviewer
The recruiting department at Trans-carriers used Mailchimp to capture data for lead generation. Being in the transportation industry their is a constant need for sourcing and prospecting to find qualified Class A CDL drivers. We used Mailchimp for marketing new and old qualified drivers.
  • Email Marketing Campaigns
  • Email Marketing Automation
  • Online Scheduling Appointment
  • My unsubscribed and duplicate subscribers are counted towards my subscription
  • I'm limited to how many emails it allows me to send out each month.
  • There advanced automation needs a little help.
Mailchimp has helped me in the past by giving me tips I used when learning how to convert my landing page into conversions. It also helped me with the relevance of my page in order to convert conversions.
Over all I've had a good experience with Mailchimp. I love there easy to use drop and drag tools. Along with their powerful email marketing campaign. The tools it provides me allow for targeting my audience so my content is more relevant. The drip campaigns are easy to create and allow great ROI. I cant speak highly enough about Mailchimp.
It saves our team time and efficiency. Along with the cost you can't beat the all in one platform. Switching from different platforms to achieve my goals is a thing of the past.
Eric Serdar | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Mailchimp to help use communicate updates to different departments in the organization. When we need to update a team and see how many people opened the email, clicked on the content in it, and/or watched the videos it's been really helpful. We use Mailchimp as a purely internal communication tool. It has helped us move quickly when updating the organization while still giving us the visibility on how effective our comms are.
  • Open/Click metrics
  • Reporting
  • List segmentation
  • Design functionality
  • Automation can be clunky
This tool is great for small businesses. It's great to get you started and up and running. You'll be able to segment lists, create your own email templates (or upload ones that you've created), create automation based on actions, and see the success of your campaigns. If you're new to email marketing/automation this is a great tool to get started with.
Mailchimp is very easy to use and learn. There's very little outside help or tutorials that you'd need to watch to get going with this. They do have these if you want to dive in and become a master though. This is a very user friendly tool that anyone can pick up and use.
We used to use Mailchimp for almost all of our email needs (internal & external) as our external needs grew we moved to a different software. However, we still rely heavily on Mailchimp to inform our internal teams. The ability to segment by department/division has been great for us. This has given us the ability to move quickly and tailor messages to each team.
Natalie C. Winslow | TrustRadius Reviewer
My organization uses Mailchimp to create and send newsletters to our clients, contacts and leads. We also help other organizations implement it when they're launching a new website. We use it to advertise, inform, and educate. We also encourage our clients to use it regularly as part of their digital marketing strategy.
  • Manage lists - you can easily manage and sort your contact lists
  • Helps make sure you're not seen as spam with various opt-in options
  • Easy-to-use and easy look and feel when creating templates
  • Sending the same email to multiple lists means that sometimes someone gets an email several times (when people are on more than one list)
  • More customizable web forms
Mailchimp is good because it allows you to scale up and down. If you have an enormous contact list and want to integrate it really well into a leads' database or sales' database, then it might be best to go with a larger scale platform. However, for many organizations Mailchimp is adequate and you can integrate it through APIs.
It's easy to use, easy to design with, and easy to create new lists.
We only use Mailchimp for email marketing, not for other marketing activities.
Holli Drewry | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Mailchimp to send targeted email messages to faculty members and past users of our services. Mailchimp is my choice when I need to track open rates and send reminders to only those people that have not opened a message. Mailchimp allows me to personalize emails by inserting the reader's name and other relevant information I have in my data file.
  • Mailchimp makes it easy to insert personalization to your email.
  • The Mailchimp user interface is intuitive making it easy to set up your first email with great drag-and-drop options, previews, and HTML review.
  • The Mailchimp address list tool allows you to sort and filter your lists for targeted messages.
  • Slack integration would be nice.
  • Having a way to correct URLs in sent emails would be nice. I've seen this feature in other email tools.
  • Add tool tips/definitions to features that may not be obvious to new users, for example, contact rating.
Mailchimp is a great tool. It has lots of features I don't use for my internal communication. If you are running a small business you can leverage the automation tools to help recover abandoned carts or send special offers to your customers on their anniversary or birthday. You can create landing pages to collect customer contacts and surveys to engage with customers.
Mailchimp's user interface is easy to use. The drag-and-drop features on the email building page are especially nice. And you have the added bonus that you can check out the HTML and make tweaks as needed to help emails render well across devices and apps. The list management tool offers a full list of options like bulk uploads and unsubscribe. The reporting tools and dashboard give you a quick at-a-glance look at the success of your campaigns.
We don't use all the features of Mailchimp in my current position but I have used some of the integrations in other work. The automation tools are especially nice to keep in contact with your customers and being able to survey them to see what features or specials they would like allows you to create targeted campaigns.
May 18, 2021

Mailchimp Review

We use Mailchimp for regular newsletters and abandoned cart reminders. Newsletters are sent twice per month and we use also some automation to welcome new users and provide them an introduction about our company and what we do. Mailchimp has solved our needs for a newsletter platform, assuring us the best rating of our emails (i.e. very low risk of being put in spam by receiver systems) and providing us useful statistics.
  • Ease of use
  • Trust
  • Statistics
  • Template and email editors
  • Automation
  • Integrations
  • Pricing
  • Translation in other languages
Mailchimp is the best solution for most scenarios. The main problems are costs: if you have less than 2000 subscribers you can use the "free" edition and everything is under control. But once you go over 2000 subscribers costs can be very high. No matter if you have a very low open rate, you will pay for each subscriber.
Mailchimp is very easy to use. They have a lot of ready-to-use templates and you can also build your own by importing the HTML code. Everything is clear and well documented. You will find also a lot of examples and explanations on how to use advanced features like dynamic fields.
With Mailchimp, you will have a well-integrated newsletter system. In our case, we have integrated easily with Woocommerce, our website, some custom PHP code, Facebook, and our CRM. It was easy to integrate Mailchimp with our existing applications. We have a newsletter, abandoned cart notification, and transactional emails all in a single platform.
Mailchimp is used within three departments in our company. Its widely used for our contact forms, saving leads/contact and mass mailing our subscribers. The biggest problem it solves is the integration with Salesforce. This helps us to add leads into Salesforce whenever a new contact is added into Mailchimp.
  • The interface is simple and customizable
  • The analytics are very detailed
  • Good support team
  • Detailed guides available to help you do almost anything
  • Setting up automated emails can get difficult
  • Pricing is on the higher side
  • Some landing page and contact form designs are too restrictive
Mailchimp is well suited to organize your contacts and mass mail them easily, plus [it's] easy to integrate it on your website. For beginners, it can get a little difficult as the user interface isn't really friendly and you need to keep on looking at the guides again and again.
It gets a nine from me for the fact that it's easy to set up templates and Mailchimp allows to setup almost anything in an easy way. The reporting tool also helps us in getting relevant data to target our users more easily.
[A] few years back my company was paying separately for all the tools, plus the data was not within one platform. Now with Mailchimp, everything is in one place, the administration has been simple as all the data is available in a single panel. The ability to add new recipients easily is also a plus.
Hanah St.Rose | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mailchimp is being used weekly and with other writing members. Mailchimp has helped me put in the information I need to put in, so other team members can get it quickly. Mailchimp has many newsletters that have helped with the process of communication and getting updates out. This has helped with communication and keeping everyone on the same page.
  • Newsletters.
  • Posts.
  • Email marketing ideas.
  • Notes.
  • Well organized.
  • The dashboard area could be improved. The dashboard area needs more options. The more options the better.
  • The template section at the end of the template process could be explained a bit easier.
  • The dashboard area could be smoother. When I go into my dashboard it seems like it doesn't flow as smooth as it used to.
Mailchimp does its job. Honestly, the newsletter section and subscription area are the best part of this software. It does the job and it keeps my subscribers up to date on every update that is recent. It's well suited for this and the updates they constantly have for this are awesome. When I first started Mailchimp I needed something to help with newsletters and organization. My subscribers needed information and also needed to stay connected to this organization without being confused.
Zach Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mailchimp is a very functional and easy-to-use platform. It is an excellent program. Additionally, it let us convey the latest information to potential clients conveniently. It is incredibly easy to set up. Moreover, it can be maintained very easily. I appreciate its strict privacy policies. This is indeed an extraordinary tool for publishing emails. It has simplified communication with its smart email marketing functions.
  • I found Mailchimp very helpful by helping us in connecting with social media immediately also helps us in building newsletters.
  • It is well known as a fantastic analysis tool. It keeps people aware of the current circumstances and prevents their inbox from excessive spamming.
  • Mailchimp is the most sophisticated tool for sending newsletters.
  • It is playing a significant role for marketing our events.
  • The only limitation is that Mailchimp is getting expensive day by day. Its price is rising day by day.
  • However it contains variety of features for helping users. Honestly I like all its aspects.
  • It is helping us in all ways. I never come across any restriction while using Mailchimp. I haven't seen any negative thing to enlist here.
It is a well-designed tool. It fits the needs of small as well medium-sized businesses. It is more than 100% recommended to email marketers. It will prove beneficial even for beginners. It contains very attractive templates that help us in making powerful emails and to get the attention of readers.
It seems like a blessing for sending mass emails. This amazing tool helps us in editing pictures without the need of having so many editors. The best feature is its ease of navigation. It is found to be very user-friendly even for those who do not have much technical experience.
The most impressive thing is that even beginners can conveniently use this. It gives access to the new users to handle this software without getting any help from experts. It consists of so many astonishing reporting features. Now I do not have to use different tools because Mailchimp gives an all-in-one service that helps us handling all marketing activities in efficient ways.
Brian Chung | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mailchimp is used to send newsletters for our marketing department and sales funnels for our sales department. We use automated emails to create an onboarding process for our customers. We use segmentation to send certain emails to specific groups of people, from purchasers to non-purchasers, to US customers versus international customers.
  • Intuitive user interface
  • Easy to use design system
  • Analytics aren't good at all, I want to see more data on segmentation, tags, etc.
  • Automated emails don't have options for how people may or may not respond.
Mailchimp is good for someone who is beginning and wants something simple to use for newsletters. It's good for someone who also has no experience with design. It's probably one of the easiest ways to design a newsletter. Mailchimp is good for people who also want to link up their e-commerce store to a newsletter platform.
As mentioned previously, Mailchimp is super easy to use and great for beginners. This is why we started off with Mailchimp and have continued to use it moving forward. As we grow, we are looking for more data and more use cases, like sales funnels, which is something Mailchimp is not good at. We are thinking about switching.
Honestly, the other tools aren't as good as the newsletter tool. We tried them, but we've been relatively unhappy with the experience, so we have stuck with just the newsletter tool. As a result, we have not benefited much from it being an all-in-one platform. Maybe things will get better over time?
We use this on behalf of clients to conduct communications campaigns.
  • User friendly interface
  • Easy to upload contacts
  • Intuitive design tools
  • When you send an email, you cant just go in and send it to more people, you have to duplicate the campaign and send it anew. This creates clutter in your campaign history.
Well suited for any email blast campaigns for marketing, but definitely not something you should use for media outreach to reporters. Though I doubt any PR person would actually do that as it would be in very bad form.
Having never used another marketing email platform like this, I was able to figure out how to use it on my own relatively easily.
The main benefits are that it is easy to use, easy to test, and the design tools are built right in. You don't need to have someone create an email design and then upload it, because anyone can build that within the platform.
Richard Delgado | TrustRadius Reviewer
The biggest positive point about Mailchimp is that it has almost no limitations when you need to have the edition of a specific email, since you can add information from templates downloaded and imported to the platform as a base, or work completely from scratch if you want to create a completely individualistic structure to the email. We are very pleased with all the modalities that Mailchimp, as a marketing service, has to offer us when we need to reach new customers or simply to retake the old ones that abandoned us at some point in the past.
  • Mailchimp adapts to any type of email format, allowing us to work with transactional or personal emails, without leaving aside the methodology of adding content (mostly visual) to the mailings. In any case, Mailchimp makes it possible to send different e-mails even during the execution of a single campaign.
  • We have been able to work with more than 5,000 emails per day, as we usually run several campaigns of only hundreds of people, and the platform has never shown a limit of emails sent after which it starts to slow down with email drips.
  • The ease of the service to install and set up has meant that we can get up and running almost instantly after a review of the general features of the software in terms of simultaneous sends and average reach capabilities that we could get from using it.
  • The platform does not have a tool specifically created for the identification of those users who keep anti-spam filters in their email inboxes, to avoid sending and be able to focus the resources that would be wasted on informing another potential customer.
  • Mailchimp is not sufficiently updated to work with connections to online Ads and social networks without the platform freezing, and in the case of the internal ad editor, it does not allow to import the information from the source pages of these ads, so that it is not necessary to transcribe it.
  • Even though there are many templates oriented to the creation and subsequent sending of postcards, most of the models included for these postcards do not meet the sufficient visual quality to be included in the campaign uniformly with the rest of the components of the campaign.
Since with activity tracking tools it is possible to review the movement of certain groups of people online, and thus be able to create marketing plans based on the information collected through such tracking, which would work in the same way as a market study does. If the situation warrants to separate the type of audience you want to reach with the meetings, so that a certain amount of emails is only sent to a specific target to ensure better results in terms of sales completion, and the other is segmented for other campaigns to be carried out and it is easy to identify them at the time of doing so, or simply to discard them. Mailchimp integrates very well with Wordpress through a Mailchimp plug-in for web pages developed within the CMS service, so that it can be used to add contact information forms directly to the web page, in case of not resorting to emails as the main advertising method.
Using Mailchimp turned out to be one of the most beneficial experiences for our career focused on advertising management, with all the capabilities that come with running a stable campaign that can adapt to different customer situations, with an incredible ease of use and that is simple to identify.
We are pleased to establish Mailchimp as one of the services with the best trained support teams, not only to explain to us how to better understand the outreach configuration possibilities that the platform offers, but also to create strategies where the main priority is to be more methodical.
Preet Chovatiya | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mailchimp helps us to organize our email list, client's email list, and automation of emails. It helps us to make a unique follow-up path or sequence that sending emails at a certain fixed time interval which we set. In Mailchimp we can also see the stats of email marketing campaigns like email open rates, email bounce rates, etc. By using that analysis we can know the performance of email marketing campaigns. Mailchimp also helps us to make unique and awesome landing pages for the lead generation of our company.
  • Importing our own Email list
  • Availability of multiple integration option
  • Access to complete comparative metrics in Mailchimp
  • Free plan available with limits
  • Great landing page design editor
  • You can remove Mailchimp logo in paid plans
  • Some limitations in Email automation
  • High subscription charges
  • Chunky & a bit awkward interface
  • Advance analytics feature is missing
Mailchimp is the best suitable for those who are involved with the newsletter system because in newsletter system integrations are more important and Mailchimp provides too many integrations like WordPress, Zapier, etc. Mailchimp is for those who are looking for all one solution for a CRM and for inbound campaigns because Mailchimp provides easy to do so with features such as forms, landing page and email marketing campaign.

Mailchimp is not well suited for Affiliate marketers because they have a strict policy prohibiting affiliate marketing under terms of usage. If you are looking for easy email automation then Mailchimp is not a better option. It is helpful to small to medium-scale businesses.
I gave 9 out of 10 to Mailchimp because Mailchimp is one of the best platforms for basic to medium Email marketing business and as well as they provide the very best deliverability ratio than other platforms. Mailchimp's price is quite higher but their features are pretty good and very effective for email marketing business and for CRM as compare to their price plans.
Mailchimp is really a great all-in-one platform that provides us the solution of email marketing campaigns and handling the list of customers. Mailchimp is also good in CRM solutions. By using Mailchimp our customer retention rate is growing by up to 35%. They help us to manage customers very easily by setting up an Email automation sequence without any worry within just a few clicks.
Corey Walker | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use it for a marketing newsletter for my travel agent client. She advertises a variety of trips she is offering to her clients.
  • User friendly design
  • Automation is easy to implement
  • It would be nice to have an eyedropper to match colors vs. the current color picker
Mailchimp has always been well-suited for my medium-sized clients. I suppose a large enterprise may need more tracking capabilities, but I'm not sure.
I find it very easy to use, but someone who has never built an email campaign might get a little confused at first.
At this time, we really just use the email function. I haven't tried using it for social or other functions.
Sasha Brito | TrustRadius Reviewer
In our company, Mailchimp is used only by the Marketing sector, due to its high benefits and because it is a platform that provides extensive control and administration of various advertising campaigns. Mailchimp has been a very satisfactory platform for us because we have been able to create all kinds of advertising campaigns with a highly optimized design and with a perfect organization of all the information.

For our Marketing sector, Mailchimp has become a completely important platform, because with this platform we can have an exact accounting of the open rate, bounce rate and we can also have a constant monitoring of the delivery of all our campaigns . In addition, Mailchimp provides us with the ability to view detailed reports and analyzes that contain exact information, since it gives us exact details of the open rate, email clients, social networks and also geographic. On the other hand, we have obtained greater benefits thanks to the integration with the Google Analytics service, with which we have been able to track all conversions and we can have a more comprehensive analysis of the optimization of our Marketing.
  • I love how Mailchimp provides me with a very modern and streamlined design for all my ad campaigns. Mailchimp allows me to add a variety of templates, as it allows me to add drag-and-drop templates and also allows me to place classic templates. The colors and designs of the templates are unmatched and outperform all types of competition.
  • The reports that Mailchimp offers me are really complete, despite the fact that the reports look very boring, I consider that they contain the information necessary to understand the performance generated by one or more advertising campaigns.
  • It has an excellent integration with social networks such as: Facebook, Instagram. Currently, we use Mailchimp with integration in these two social networks and we have had a great result as we have managed to expand the delivery of our campaigns.
  • Mailchimp does not allow me to add a blacklist where I can insert a user record. For me, it is very important to have a blacklist where I can keep an exact control of who should not access my advertising campaigns.
  • The implementation and configuration of Mailchimp was somewhat complex, although this platform has a simple design with clear navigation, its configuration process for the initial user registration process is complicated. I would like Mailchimp to offer a simpler setup with more understandable menus.
  • Deliverability is something that doesn't work very well when recipients use their "Outlook" inbox. Many of our clients using Outlook have reported delays in receiving our campaigns.
Mailchimp is a platform that has an excellent performance in the creation, general and individual administration, and also in the concrete analysis of the results of advertising campaigns. I believe that this platform has a lot of potential and would be an excellent option to consider for any company that wants to optimize its process of creating and managing advertising campaigns.

Despite the deficiencies that it presents in its deliverability for Outlook recipients, it is a perfect option for those companies that seek good control of many advertising campaigns.
The general usability of Mailchimp has been really good, I have no complaints because it has been a very simple platform to use, it has a very easy-to-understand interface. Although we had certain complications when we first configured this platform, we managed to adapt to it little by little, and currently, we have easy use of Mailchimp. In addition, we are completely satisfied with this platform because we can have a wide view in real-time of all our campaigns, we can know if each one of them is succeeding or failing and we can know in real-time the progress of each one.
My company has been completely benefited with the Mailchimp all-in-one system because we not only use Mailchimp to create and send advertising campaigns, but it also allows us to visualize data in real-time and work based on that data, in addition, we allows us to automate our marketing, creating automated messages that reach our customers at the right time. Mailchimp allows us to carry out all the Marketing administration in one place since it allows us to reach the right people and makes our Marketing revolve around people interested in our information. I am very grateful to Mailchimp for allowing me to achieve so many results in one place and have a wide control of Marketing in my company.
Murray Clear | TrustRadius Reviewer
When it comes to online marketing Mailchimp has been a great help, and we will continue to use it to increase the reach of our emails. It is an economical and very high-caliber advertising service, which allows us to set better business goals by being able to count on the extensive reach that the platform provides. Recommended [establishing] stable and far-reaching email marketing operations, which can be freely customized to meet different levels of reach, depending on the type of audience you want to reach in case you are working with specific campaigns. It is highly recommended to advertise events.
  • Thanks to Mailchimp's ability to allow us to add thousands of contacts to our lists just before each campaign, we have been able to extend our results much further.
  • It is excellent to be able to import lists created on other platforms to Mailchimp without any problems with their formatting.
  • How adaptable the platform is in relation to the types of documents it supports.
  • In terms of integration capabilities, Mailchimp is unfortunately quite poor.
  • The platform cannot integrate with CRM services that allow contact information to be sent to the Mailchimp platform, which leads to manual work, and by extension, wasted time.
  • Within Mailchimp, there is no function to execute phone calls or send messages beyond mailings.
The best scenario of Mailchimp is the automation of sending emails, it is very tedious sometimes to be sending one by one each email, but with Mailchimp we were able to automate and a day we send up to 700 emails to our most active customers.
The usability is excellent, highly recommended to use.
Our company has benefited in the best way, the all-in-one option is the best because it has allowed us to automate from reports to automatic mailings, as well as business cards and memos.
Vicki Lesage | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use MailChimp internally and also recommend it to our clients, where appropriate. It's a great way for clients to get into email marketing with minimal commitment as they learn the ropes and grow their subscriber list. As their needs and subscriber base grows, MailChimp can grow with them. Internally, just our marketing department uses it, and we find the same is true with our clients. MailChimp helps solves the business problem of how to stay in touch with your audience reliably and affordable.
  • Mobile-friendly email templates -- You can always trust that MailChimp's templates will work well across the most common email clients and devices. Much more efficient than hand-coding!
  • Easy-to-use WYSIWYG editors -- You can do almost anything you want in an email with MailChimp's easy WYSIWYG interface.
  • Customizing the sign-up process -- You can brand each page and make it look good while still keeping it streamlined.
  • I think the pop-ups (to encourage users to sign up to your mailing list) could have more flexibility in their design. I was designing one the other day and it had limited choices for the image sizes, so I had to play around with it quite a bit to get it to look good.
  • It's great that they now integrate with Facebook Ads but the reporting is really basic and I find it hard to make changes mid-campaign. For example, I have not been able to find aggregate stats -- I have to hover over the number of each day in the chart and add up the stats for the month. And you cannot extend a campaign more than 3 days before it ends, so you better remember to mark your calendar and update it before it ends with you!
  • The list segmenting is pretty basic. I can do a few of the things I want but nothing too complex at the same time.
I think MailChimp is perfect for small business and newbies because it's the easiest email marketing platform around. You can get up and running quickly and affordably (in most cases even free) and try things out. So many times clients think they want a huge marketing automation platform, and while that could be right for them, I think it's better to start with small, achievable goals and go from there. Send your first email. Get your first subscriber form in place. Learn the ropes and see what works for your business. Then decide if you want to upgrade to MailChimp's more robust features or perhaps graduate to a different (more expensive) platform. For a large business or one with a lot of experience in email marketing, I still think MailChimp can be great because it's very powerful and integrates with nearly everything.
I would have given it a higher rating a while ago, but some of the recent changes make it harder to find things. "List" is now called "Audience" and it's almost too broad; I'd rather be able to drill into an individaul list and see what is going on with each (who is subscribed, which forms I have set up, etc.). In the same vein, it takes lots of clicks to get to things that seem like they should be easier to find. If you want to change the default MailChimp logo that appears at the bottom of your emails and sign up pages, there are 3 different places you need to do so, none of which are immediately obvious. Creating emails is relatively easy, though.
We haven't really used the all-in-one plaform capabilities, other than Facebook advertising. Some of our clients just don't need those services, while others already have other tools in place to handle that. I would like to give a few of them a try at some point, but we (and our clients) just haven't had the need yet.
Sydney Lovegrove | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used Mailchimp across the whole company to send out newsletters and stay in touch with customers during the busy seasons (tax season, etc.). It was effective for keeping running mail lists for prospective and current clients. However, I do wish it would’ve been more customizable from a design standpoint. Templates are nice but it needs some customization.
  • Organizing and utilizing different mail lists
  • Accessible
  • Affordable
  • More customization, design options, fonts, colors, elements, moving parts, able to resize stuff. Anything and everything!
  • More templates/design assistance
For small businesses, I think Mailchimp is a great resource! Easy to use and doesn’t break the bank! Could be more customizable but gets the job done in a timely manner! If you plan to use it a lot, definitely consider the Standard or Essentials plan. The free version is very limited.
I wish I would've spent more time with the Standard or Essentials version to really customize our branding and messages to customers. The free version is very limited compared to other free versions. However, it is still a great platform that helps you accomplish your goals! It is quick to whip up an email and blast it to multiple groups in a timely manner.
We only utilized Mailchimp's email feature. We created different mailing lists to connect with various customers at different times of the year when we believed we would get the highest ROI. However, it is a great feature that you are able to fully integrate. In a larger business with a large marketing division, being able to be vertically integrated is crucial to efficiency and success.

Mailchimp Scorecard Summary

Email & Online Marketing (9)
WYSIWYG email editor (304)
Dynamic content (294)
Ability to test dynamic content (282)
Landing pages (226)
A/B testing (247)
Mobile optimization (302)
Email deliverability reporting (542)
List management (322)
Triggered drip sequences (220)
Lead Management (4)
Lead nurturing (2)
6.4
Lead scoring and grading (1)
10.0
Data quality management (1)
10.0
Automated sales alerts and tasks (1)
Campaign Management (2)
Calendaring (1)
Event/webinar marketing (1)
10.0
Social Media Marketing (2)
10.0
Social sharing and campaigns (2)
10.0
Social profile integration (1)
10.0
Reporting & Analytics (3)
Dashboards (62)
Standard reports (315)
Custom reports (40)
Platform & Infrastructure (6)
API (2)
Role-based workflow & approvals (1)
Customizability (2)
5.8
Integration with Salesforce.com (2)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (2)
Integration with SugarCRM (2)

What is Mailchimp?

Mailchimp is an all-in-one Marketing Platform for small businesses. The vendor says its goal is to help small businesses market smarter so they can grow faster. Mailchimp aims to be the backbone for customer relationships, with AI-powered, user-friendly tools. Mailchimp is designed to put the audience at the center so users can send marketing emails and automated messages, create targeted ad campaigns, build landing pages, send postcards, facilitate reporting and analytics, and sell online. The vendor reports that millions of businesses and individuals - from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies - use Mailchimp to connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place. Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta, GA, Mailchimp has 1000+ employees and is privately held.

Mailchimp Features

• Supported: Triggered drip sequences

Reporting & Analytics Features

• Supported: Standard reports

Mailchimp Screenshots

Mailchimp Reports - See open rates, click rates, unsubscribes, and even compare your results to industry averages right in the Mailchimp reporting interface.Mailchimp Mobile - Stay on top of your email campaign activity and effectiveness with Mailchimp's mobile reports.Create an email, ad, or landing page to reach the right people at the right time. Target customers based on behavior, preferences, and previous sales. Get in-depth reporting insights to make every touchpoint with your customer better than the last.MailChimp integrates with all the major e-commerce providers so you can use your purchase data to send personalized campaigns and better understand how your marketing affects your bottom line.MailChimp offers advanced reporting features you can access anywhere. Monitor sales and website activity with revenue reports, and inform your email content with purchase data using Google Analytics.The MailChimp mobile application gives you the power to create and send campaigns, manage subscribers, keep tabs on your account activity, and more.

Mailchimp Integrations